Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mcc371

NEW: Valentine Swap 2014

mcc371
10 years ago

Everyone is invited to join this swap, I hope that everyone has fun and above all receives a special card made from the Heart and that it continues to grow thru out the year with lots of love.

I'm doing this now so you will have time to work on your cards and get your seed packet ready. We need them done so they're received before VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

1. Everyone that is particating must send me an email with your name, address, and GW name so I can get you all divided up and emailed with details
2. Make your own valentine card from whatever craft supplies you have at home.
3.. Include a packet of seed in card- can be flowers, vegetables, herbs, etc. (Check their member page to see what is on their want list you just might have it, but i am sure they will like what you have to send them.)
4. When you send yours to the person you got, post in the forum and email me so I can keep track.
5. When you receive your valentine's be sure to post in the forum and tell about your card and what you got. Be sure to email them and say Thank You!
6. Cards must be finished by Jan 31st. Cards need to be mailed before Feb.7th

Anyone Interested???

Let's get started then!!
Tammy

Comments (135)

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

I am excited to receive mine! I know a few people said they are going to wait until closer to Valentines Day.

• lunar_owl
    10 years ago

If you are doing another round, can I join in?

And mcc371, if you are able to work the ground, I am so jealous. I'm 'zone' 7 and the ground is as hard as a rock.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nightowls - Yes I am sending out names tomorrow Also, send me an email with your mailing address please.
    I said "let's hope" lol! I am gonna try but you are probably right about the hard as a rock!!

Panhandle_seed_ swap - yeah, I am just posting so everyone can see who has received and thats fine with waiting .. it is all in the excitement of patience and who got who!! So far I haven't seen an owl on any cards..maybe I will put that on mine.

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Tammy, I posted on Saturday that I got my card from Lisa/ishare. Hope to send mine out this weekend.
    Shirley!

• smitties
    10 years ago

I too posted that I received my wonderful card from heavenlyfarm. I mailed my card yesterday so it should be received in the next couple of days. Margo

• skyblue52
    10 years ago

Finaly got my carmera out. I loved the play on words From Beth Berry,. And she sent lettuce seeds. I never have enough of those. Great fun

• mcc371
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm sorry Shirley an Margo somehow when I copy and paste it left names off Thank You for correcting me as I sure don't want to leave anyone out.

Panhandle_seed_ swap - beth _b_kodiak (received)
    beth_b_kodiak - skyblue52 (received)
    skyblue52 - poisondartfrog (received)
    paperfinch- pinkiris (received)
    pinkiris- em247 (received)
    cryptid - heavenlyfarm (received)
    Heavenlyfarm- smitties (received)
    Ishareflowers- sjc48 (received)

Skyblue52- that is a pretty card, you're right you can never have enough lettuce! We eat a lot of salads an fresh veggies.

Have a beautiful day!
    Tammy

• mcc371
    Original Author
    10 years ago

There is no rush to send your cards for those wanting to wait until closer to valentines. It is still two weeks away. I am just posting who has received so I can keep up with it. I must say from the cards I have seen we have some talented and creative gardeners.

Tammy

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Allie and I have our card ready. It's going to be a busy weekend here, but we plan to mail on Monday.
    Happy February Eve,
    Alana

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Tammy sent you an email....

My card is ready to go! I will be mailing......soon! LOL!

Happy weekend!

Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    10 years ago

I got my card yesterday, Emily was my secret sender. She sent four o'clock magenta and calendula pacific beauty seeds with her cute card. Thanks em247!

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

I just put mine in the drop box.
    Happy Super Bowl,
    Alana

• em247
    10 years ago

Yay! I'm glad the card got to you safe and sound Lisa. : ) There should be 3 packets of seed in there, so double check the bubble envelope because it may be down at the bottom yet.

Enjoy,
    Emily

• heavenlyfarm
    10 years ago

Thank you so much for the butterfly pins, they arrived the other day and i think i forgot to post! my mom already picked hers out lol :)
    ~michael

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Heads up, Secret Valentine, your card is on the way!!

Supposed to get a HUGE snowstorm tomorrow afternoon - Oh. Yay.

Shirley!

• smitties
    10 years ago

Hope everything is ok with the person I sent my card to. I sent it a week ago and it hasn't been posted that it has been received. Hope the card made it.

Margo

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

Smitties (Margo) -- I received your valentine card in yesterday's mail. Sounds like it took an extra long route to get to me :) The hand-crafted card was lovely, the shared hearts were priceless and the seeds included are very much appreciated : Ground Cherry, Purple Tomatillo, and Zinnia Will Rogers. Thank you -- Happy Valentine's!

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

I received my wonderful Valentine card from Alana and her grand daughter Allie. I just love it. And now some pictures!!! The first pic is the inside of the card. Very clever Alana!!!!

This post was edited by canyonwind on Sat, Feb 8, 14 at 12:49

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

And now the front of the card.......And I failed to mention, all those packets are real seeds!!!! Cracking up on the last two...Easy on the "Champagne" celebration. You could end up a "Pregnant Onion"!!!!!

Thanks so much Alana and Allie.

Annie

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Thank goodness, Annie! I was a little worried you might find my seedy "Valentine Story" from first love to pregnant onion a little too much, lol.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

THANK YOU Annie (canyonwind) for my really lovely Valentine!!! It arrived today. Such a nice surprise in my mailbox.

Here is a photo of the handcrafted/sewn front...

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Sat, Feb 8, 14 at 17:20

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

Here is what the inside looks like! There were 12 packets of different seed varieties from my "want list" and 4 terrific recipe cards. So generous, Annie! Thank you so much! Love it all!

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Annie! brocade and lace, really a great idea!

Alana, loved the story idea! Good job, Allie!

Pretty cards, Margo and Beth, lots of good ideas on both, simple things I usually forget to use. DUH!!

Emily, great idea for the card and yes, it's on my "gotta try that" list for Christmas cards. What a time saver!

And Darrin, very pretty card!

I sent my card out last Monday, sure hope it arrives soon!

It was a really pretty, sunny day today, still very cold, but the sun seems to make all the difference. Huge piles of snow everywhere, makes ya wonder where it's all going to go when it melts!

Have a great day tomorrow,
    Shirley!

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

To my secret Valentine... I hope you enjoy the card and seeds. It should arrive to you any day now. One of my teenage son's helped with its creation and we tried our best to make it presentable :)

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

my card from Nightowl arrived yesterday and I love it. Lots of lady bugs with sunflowers, daisys and hearts. Very pretty, I'll post pictures tomorrow. Need to get new batteries for the flash
    Thanks a bunch and i'll get the picture up ASAP.

• lunar_owl
    10 years ago

O.o wow, that was really quick! I just dropped it off at the post office Saturday afternoon.

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

And, here's the card, love it. Daisies and sunflowers are high up on my favorites list.
    The pocket on the left is stuffed with six packets of seeds. Really excited about the Delphiniums. Have not seen those since I left Alaska and I'm anxious to see how they will do in the Mid West.
    Many many thanks and congrats on the nice card

• mcc371
    Original Author
    10 years ago

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY Everyone !!!!

Hope everyone has received their cards and goodies! I have so enjoyed seeing all the love and kindness during these last few weeks. Hope today is a sweet day and if you have received your cards I hope you shared it with us all. If you haven't posted yet please do.. so that the one who sent it will feel appreciated I know in our busy lives we tend to let things slide or put them off for another day.
    This swap is coming to an end as today has arrived. I hope everyone received something that touched their heart and will enjoy growing.

Have a Sweet Valentine's Day!
    Tammy

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Aw-w-wh. Tammy, thank you so much for the cute Valentine and the candy. I love the little critters on the card!
    This was a fun swap and you were a great hostess!
    Alana

• smitties
    10 years ago

Tammy, received your cute handmade card today with the conversation hearts. What a nice surprise. I will also enjoy the seeds you included.

Thanks for the great swap. It was a lot of fun. Margo

This post was edited by smitties on Fri, Feb 14, 14 at 21:48

• em247
    10 years ago

Tammy,

Thank you for the envelope of goodies. Your timing couldn't have been better and it was such a nice surprise to receive the extra valentine today. : ) The seeds will look great planted in my garden, especially the red peppers. (Yum!) Great job hosting such an enjoyable swap.

em247
    (Emily)

• mcc371
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Alana- you are so welcome! Glad you got it today. It means I timed it just right an for once the post office delivered it on time. Lol!

Margo- glad you liked them. Your welcome!

Emily, glad you received them today. Your welcome too.

It has been a wonderful day! I think my secret is out...
    Tammy

This post was edited by mcc371 on Fri, Feb 14, 14 at 22:31

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    10 years ago

What cute cards were sent in.

Alana, your card cracked me up, great idea!

Thank you Tammy, this was a fun swap.

Lisa

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Just got my mail and wanted to thank you, Tammy, for the pretty Valentine card and the seeds! Very thoughtful of you and much appreciated! Thank you, Thank you!!

I still haven't heard that my secret Valentine got her card. Will resend if I don't hear from her by Monday. The Post Office has been driving me nuts, lately.

Shirley!

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Tammy...returned home yesterday to find a package from you......what a nice surprise. I finally just got around to opening my mail while I was away!!!!!

Thanks so much for the cute little card with darling little critters, the box of little valentine heart candies and the seeds.....Columbine mix, Aster Crego mix, Small Sugar Pumpkin and Early Sweet Canteloupe. Great selection!!!
    And so very appreciated!!!!!

Thanks so much for hosting a very fun Valentine Swap!!!!

Happy Saturday....I hope everyone had a beautiful and loving Valentines Day!!

Annie

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

Tammy!!! Thank you so much for the really cute homemade Valentine, candy hearts and GREAT selection of seeds (see photo)! What a wonderful, kind hostess you are. :) Great homemade seed packet, too!

• skyblue52
    10 years ago

Great surprise when I saw my package. Thank you Susan aka skyblue52

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

Tammy -- Thank you for the Valentine surprise! It was very kind and thoughtful of you!

• mcc371
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hope everyone had a wonderful and sweet Valentine's weekend and got lots of love and attention from family and friends. Our swap is officially over.

(PAPERFINCH and CRYPTID - Did you receive your cards?? As I went back thru I didn't see that you two had posted as receiving them. Please send me an email and let me know, Thanks! )

Panhandle_seed_swap to beth_b_kodiak (sent/received)
    beth_b_kodiak to skyblue52 (sent/received)
    ForeverRecycleReuse to cryptid (sent/???? )
    paperfinch to pinkiris (sent/received)
    canyonwind to panhandle_ seed_ swap (sent/received)
    smitties to ForeverRecycleReuse (sent/received)
    poisondartfrog to canyonwind (sent/received)
    em247 to ishareflowers (sent/received)
    heavenlyfarm to smitties (sent/received)
    pinkiris to em247 (sent/received)
    sjc48 to paperfinch (sent/????)
    cryptid to heavenlyfarm (sent/received)
    ishareflowers to sjc48 (sent/received)
    beth_b_kodiak to nightowls (sent/received)
    nightowls to beth_b_kodiak (sent/received)

Hopefully, everyone received their secret valentine from me and that the friendship I have with each of you continues to grow in your gardens. Thanks for letting me be your host!

Have a beautiful blessed day!
    Tammy

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Tammy, thanks again. A real fun swap and extra thanks for the surprise Valentine gift from you.
    bethb

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Okay,...here's the thing: (1) I received Jessica's (foreverrecyclereuse) totally fab card and seeds precisely on the 14th. (2) The following day, diabetic neuropathy issues kinda slapped me down, although, in the evening, I worked on trying to capture the best photos I could of her card and seeds, using a camera with a non-functioning flash. The results were absolutely dismal. Then, (3) yesterday, when the sun came out for a bit, Elly & I went outside to hopefully achieve better photographic results,...which we did. So now,...

Thank you, Jessica, for your wonderfully creative card (loved the googly-eyed flowers especially,...LOL! - That, and your poetic sentiments inside)! Sorry it's taken me 3 whole days to get this posted, but at least I have some semi-decent photos to post, finally. We're definitely getting a new camera with our tax return, relegating our current 6.0-pixel relic to auxiliary standby status in our car's glove box.

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Card - Inside

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Seeds: Uncle Charlie's Giant Pear Tomato, Jalapeno hot pepper, Ancho hot pepper, Hot peppers from Chile, Serrano hot chile pepper.

• heavenlyfarm
    10 years ago

Tammy,

Thank you for the surprise valentines day card!!! and for the great seeds with it!! :)
    ~michael

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Like Michael said, above, thanks bunches, Tammy, for the wonderful surprise valentine card and seeds, etc.!

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Tammy's card,...inside.

• mcc371
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You are all so welcome! May your gardens be filled with love and your harvests plentiful.

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Morning All!
    Paperfinch/Lisa, I'm waiting to hear from you as to whether you got the card and seeds I sent. I will resend if necessary, but let me know, okay?
    Tammy, could you send me Lisa's address again? Thanks.
    Have a great day, Everybody,
    Shirley!

• PaperFinch
    10 years ago

Just wanted to stop in and say thank you for the lovely valentine from Shirley (SJC48)! Sorry it took me so long to post the lovely card and seeds. She sent me Pink Columbine, Star Phlox, Silene Regia, and White borage. Can't wait to grow these this spring!

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Thanks for posting, Lisa, I'm glad you liked the card and I hope the seeds do well for you! The Star Phlox are just beautiful!

Tammy, I think this Swap is REALLY over now! This was a very good idea for a swap, wouldn't mind doing it again next year! You were a very thoughtful and generous hostess! Good Job!
    Shirley!

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz