Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: Valentine Swap 2014

Posted by mcc371 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 3, 14 at 17:31

Everyone is invited to join this swap, I hope that everyone has fun and above all receives a special card made from the Heart and that it continues to grow thru out the year with lots of love.

I'm doing this now so you will have time to work on your cards and get your seed packet ready. We need them done so they're received before VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

1. Everyone that is particating must send me an email with your name, address, and GW name so I can get you all divided up and emailed with details
2. Make your own valentine card from whatever craft supplies you have at home.
3.. Include a packet of seed in card- can be flowers, vegetables, herbs, etc. (Check their member page to see what is on their want list you just might have it, but i am sure they will like what you have to send them.)
4. When you send yours to the person you got, post in the forum and email me so I can keep track.
5. When you receive your valentine's be sure to post in the forum and tell about your card and what you got. Be sure to email them and say Thank You!
6. Cards must be finished by Jan 31st. Cards need to be mailed before Feb.7th

Anyone Interested???

Let's get started then!!
Tammy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Valentine Swap 2014

Tammy, this sounds like fun. Reminds me of elementary school. My crafting skills never got much beyond that stage either so I'm not promising any great looking card but..... I'll give it a try.
Please sign me up.
Bethb

o

My crafting skills are horrible. I'm not exaggerating.
I'll try.
Alana

o

Sounds like fun, although Im gonna have to agree with Alana and Beth on the crafting part, lol. would love to join in!

Jayeanne

o

Yay! : ) I haven't made Valentines in years. Sign me up.

o

Oh I have faith in all of you. It will be fun! Doesn't have to be anything fancy or great,Remember the thought is what counts!
I am no crafter by any means either.. I was in walmart yesterday and they have some cute stickers and scrapbook paper. Wow, don't guess I had ever noticed all the different selections they have. Times have changed since school!

Ok we have four signed up so far.

This post was edited by mcc371 on Sat, Jan 4, 14 at 13:37

o

Sign me up!

o

Okay so far we have five signed up! Woohoo!!

Beth
Alana
Jayeanne
Em247
Ishareflowers

Don't forget to send your address in a email to me. Thanks!

o

Tammy,

Count me in!!

Thanks much!

Just sent you my info via GW. Let me know if you do not receive!

Annie

This post was edited by canyonwind on Sun, Jan 5, 14 at 13:36

o

Thanks, I am going to send out emails next week to those who I haven't received info from yet. Looks like it is going to be a great swap!

o

I made some cards last night. Might not be the craftiest things ever, but they look pretty cute. Hopefully they turn out okay when they dry. : )

@mcc371-I emailed you last night through GW, but let me know if it didn't go through and I can resend it outside of GW.

o

I haven't crafted since my kids were younger. My oldest is 31 and the youngest 20 so that tells you how long. LOL I would love to join this and hope whoever receives my card will forgive my uncrafty ways.

Margo

o

I am also not very talented with crafty/drawing skills but I will try! :) Count me in! I will send my info in an email! let me know if you get it!
~ michael

P.S. Wasn't planning on having a Valentine this year but I am definitely making an exception for this! ;)

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 5, 14 at 20:20

Oh shoot, I wasn't going to swap at all this month, but this sounds easy enough, and I have this really neat little valentine craft punch that I'm dying to use, so go ahead and sign me up!
Tammy, I'll email my info shortly!
Shirley!

o

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I have been going through my emails - Thanks for sending me your info.

So far we have 10 signed up.
Beth
Alana
Jayeanne
Em247
Ishareflowers
canyonwind
smitties
Michael
Shirley
Cryptid

o

Question: Are we limited to sending just one packet of seeds, or can it be whatever will fit in the card? Yeah, I know, it's not a fair question really, but I'm asking anyway. ;)

o

You can send more than one packet if you want to, but remember everyone is only required to send a card with a packet of seed. So you may get only one in return.

o

Kewl,...works for me! Thanks, Tammy! :)

o

I'd love to join-in! Thank you, Tammy. My craft skills are embarrassing, but I'll use any excuse to get out the glue sticks and be a kid again. :)

o

Ok, I am gonna allow sign ups for about another week. If you want in on this cute swap please email or post here.

This is who I have that has signed up.
Beth
Alana
Jayeanne
Em247
Ishareflowers
canyonwind
smitties
Michael
Shirley
Cryptid
Panhandle seed swap

Hope everyone is having fun making their card.
Tammy

o

Sounds like fun sgn me up Susan aka skyblue52

o

I'd love to join -- Count me it. Thanks! Jessica

o

Oooh! Fun! I would love to be included, please!

Lisa

o

This sure is fun alright,...! I thoroughly enjoy creating homemade cards (sometimes with dopey poem-things included). As for what we have goin' on here, my card is finished, as is the envelope (yes, I make my own envelopes as well) and my initial selection of seeds.

o

My card is still a twinkle in my 4 year old granddaughter's eye. She has more crafting skills than I have and when she comes for a visit I am going to put them to use.

o

My card is done... that's just how excited I am!!!

o

Glad to see more signing up. I'm anxious to find out who I send to so I can pick seeds.

o

I am gonna end sign ups on Sunday (jan. 12th) and I will send out the emails on monday ( jan. 13th.) I am so excited to see an hear about the creativity that has been going on. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

This is who I have that has signed up. hope I haven't missed anyone. If I have please send me an email as we are getting ready to wrap this up.
Beth
Alana
Jayeanne
Em247
Ishareflowers
canyonwind
smitties
Michael
Shirley
Cryptid
Skyblue52
Foreverrecyclereuse
Paperfinch

Thanks,
Tammy

o

Don't forget Panhandle_Seed_ Swap! ;) Thank you!

Sheri

o

I don't see sjc48/Shirley! or heavenlyfarm on there either.

This post was edited by poisondartfrog on Sat, Jan 11, 14 at 4:59

o

Sat, Jan 11, 14 at 9:21

Alana, I'm on there, so Is Micheal/heavenlyfarm.

We're having a heat wave, it's above zero - WhooHoooo!

Shirley!

o

Good grief. I don't know what I was looking at this morning......obviously an imaginary list. lololol
My bad.

o

Sorry!! I copied and pasted and somehow Panhandle seed swap got left off. Yes I put Shirley instead of sjc48 and Michael instead of heavenlyfarm. Sorry for the confusion but yes you all three are included.

Tomorrow sign ups end !!

Tammy

o

I will be sending out emails to the group today to partner everyone up. Hope everyone has had fun with their card. I know it will be exciting to check the mailbox in the coming days to see what we have been blessed with and by who....

If you don't receive an email at some point today send me an email or post here tomorrow.

Thanks,
Tammy

o

Mon, Jan 13, 14 at 20:09

Tammy, I got your email. Now to finish the card, or rather, settle on one to finish. I keep coming up with "new and better" ideas, which can get frustrating!
Have a great day tomorrow!
Shirley!

o

Tammy...received your email!! Thanks much! Looking forward to sending to ???????.....tiz a secret...LOL!

From what I have read here, most of us claim to be "Not Craft Orientated"......now Shirley is a crafty gal and darn good at it. Shirley, are you going to show us all up???? LOL!!!!!!!!!

Happy Evening!!

Annie

o

That's right!!! It's a secret and when they get their mail from you then they post here ion forum who their surprise came from an what they got!!!

I know, Ms. Shirley will probably out do us all!! Wonder who the lucky person is that she got??? Shhh! Can't tell!

The minds are working overtime in the imagination world- what will those cards look like??? Lol!!

Game Time!

How many seed jokes can you make.

Example: Cantloupe - can I lope with you?

o

Mon, Jan 13, 14 at 23:12

I don't think so, Annie! I'm just hoping to make a decision on which card to make before I miss the deadline or the whole month! One idea leads to another, to another, and on and on! Which is a great way to spend an afternoon, but doesn't do much for finalizing anything.

I sometimes think people don't give themselves enough credit. Creativity comes in so many forms. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone does, mainly so I can get MORE ideas! People who run craft fairs hate me; I go mainly to get ideas and figure out how to do it cheaper!

I also love doing the cards, etc, and have the time to do it. Loving what you're doing is 3/4 of the battle! AND it sure beats dusting the bookshelves!

I'm planning on mailing my card sometime around the end of the month. I can hardly wait to see what everyone does!

Shirley!

o

Got your email :) I had an idea bouncing around for a card but hadn't gotten much done with it since I'm worried it won't be crafty enough. Googled a little bit for ideas on how to perk it up a bit and found the perfect piece!!! It's probably gonna be pretty simple card but hopefully itll be as cute as I imagine it!
~Michael

o

Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 9:15

Michael, sounds good and "simple" is a great idea! Can hardly wait to see it!

Tammy, we are supposed to post a pic of our card when we get it, right?

Have a great day, ALL!
Shirley!

o

I got my Valentine ready to go in the mail! What a fun idea!

o

Shirley - Yes when you get your card you can either post a picture or describe it the best ya can and tell "who" the person was that got you. Prefer pics, but everyone might not be able to.

As i sit here and ponder.... I am so excited i can hardly wait to see all the creativity that has been going on..will they be garden related, just hearts of love or both. What about a card full of blooms with butterflies, or a musical note card with hearts and poems... Wow, the ideas are endless!

o

Nevermind - I see I just missed this.

Looks like fun!
Mandy

This post was edited by l1oness on Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 16:37

o

Fri, Jan 17, 14 at 7:39

Good Morning Everyone!!

Hope everyone is staying warm, we've got another 2-3 inches of snow overnite. Drat.

On the other hand, we've also got a 3 day weekend, YAHOO!! Lots of time to WS, read both new books and get some valentine cards done! Well, that's Plan A!

Have a great weekend,
Shirley!

o

I sent my Valentine on Monday. I hope it arrived safe! This was fun, Tammy. Thank you!

o

Mailed out my Valentine today!

o

Finally finished mine and I think I decided on the seeds too!! Will be mailing my Valentine in the next day or two :) This was a pretty fun creative swap!
~Michael

o

MyCard and seeds arrived!!!!! Yeah
Sheri really did a super job here and she managed to combine garden and hearts very nicely. Sure hope my photo show it well.
The heart if filled with pics of seed packets and the envelope was too..
Very nice, very generous and such fun. The seeds will be appreciated and used as I am starting from scratch this year with w new yard/garden and even in a new state. What a fun idea. Many thanks
Bethb

o

Several have emailed me that cards are in the mail.

It looks like Beth is the lucky first one to receive and post... WOW!! look at that picture. What a valentine surprise indeed!!!

o

You're very welcome, Beth. I hope you really enjoy your cottage garden this year. Thank you for posting a pic, too!

The verse says:

I love to hoard seeds...
this much is true...
but, I like you so much
I will share some with you!

Happy Valentines Day!

o

Allie has selected construction paper as the medium for our work of art. She is supposed to help me with it on Sunday and I will get mine out next week.
Fun swap!
Alana

o

Alana- that sounds like a planned weekend of fun. I take it Allie is your granddaughter? Ohh the memories y'all will make and something she will remember from now on.

Panhandle _Seed_Swap - did you make that verse up or did you find it somewhere? That is really a cute saying and is so me when it comes to seeds.....

o

You're too kind, Tammy! I made it up. Only a true seed hoarder could come up with that silly verse. :)

o

Sheri, I enjoyed the verse but then, I'm a major seed hoarder too. LOL, I had two shoe boxes full until my daughter decided to move back to our old farm and I gave them to her. ( helped her plant most of them too)
Then last June we bought land and now I have a need for seeds again. OH well, they are better to be used than just kept in boxes.
Thanks again to Sheri and Tammy

o

Sat, Jan 18, 14 at 10:29

Sheri!! That card is beautiful, what a creative idea! Loved the verse too. How did you do the big heart in the middle?

Drat, another idea! Ya know, you (or whoever) could use this idea for Christmas cards too.

WSed some petunias today. I want to get my begonias started too. Great day so far!

Have fun with Allie, Alana!

Shirley!

o

Sheri....I love your verse!!!!

Working on my card....slowly but surely!!

Happy weekend!!

Annie

o

Sheri, very cute and creative card.

I have been working on my card but want to mail it closer to February. It takes me a while to really get a craft done. LOL

Margo

o

Didn't think everyone would be sending their valentines this soon,...but hey, what th' heck. Mine is now officially in the mail as well! :)

o

I am waiting closer to Feb. to send mine.

I went to the post office to get mail an have some yellow slips I am sure it is from trades I did but the element of maybe a surprise is always exciting. It just makes ya smile with excitement.

Looking forward to more creativity in the minds of others. What will we see next?...

o

I rec'd my beautiful Valentine today with some Organic Sweet Bell Pepper 'California Wonder' seeds. Thank you so much Lisa! (paperfinch)

o

Mine is officially in the mail :) I hope when you get it, you will like it :) I tried hard and its honestly, one of the most creative projects I did in awhile besides this new winter sowing I am attempting lol :)
~Michael

o

That is a really cute card too! Bell Peppers- yum! I like them raw or stuffed.

o

I Dropped my card in the mail today....I hope my partner likes tacky!

Lisa

o

Cute card! I am seriously out-classed here, lol.
I think I will wait another week to mail mine to get closer to February.

o

That is a cute card. We have some real talent here.
Great idea for the swap and fun that it will last for a few more weeks.
Valemtine's Day is still almost a month away.

o

Okay mine is done. Will get it in the mail. 2morrow. Sykblue52

o

Wow! everyone is ahead of me... I have enjoyed all the posts and cards shown. Valentine's is still 2 1/2 weeks away... I am going to send mine out on january 30th..Stay tuned to be surprised!

o

I'm doing some seed sorting and winter sowing and just found my packet of cupids dart......ugh, it would have been a great one to send along with the others.

Lisa

o

I'm a little behind in posting this, but I received my Valentine from JayeAnne (pinkiris) this week. It was such a nice card with a sweet verse inside as well. She sent such a nice selection of flower seeds also, all of which I haven't tried yet and am excited to get growing. : ) I've really enjoyed being part of this swap and I hope the recipient of my Valentine will be as pleased as I am with the one I got from JayeAnne.

o

I know that who I mailed to is supposed to remain a surprise, BUT I mailed quite a while ago and am wondering if it has arrived yet????

o

Sat, Jan 25, 14 at 10:06

Good Morning!
My "secret" Valentine arrived yesterday, and Lisa, I have to first tell you that it was an excellent antidote to a thoroughly stupid week at work! Your timing was great!

Secondly, don't worry about the Cupid's Dart, I probably wouldn't have room for it anyway!

And third, what a pretty card! And thank you for all the seeds, most of which will be good for the butterflies and bees! Check this out, Everybody! Inside the card is an old fashioned lace doily type heart with "Happy Valentine's Day" on it. Haven't seen one of those in years!

Lisa sent Red Scabiosa, Red Snaps, Pink Salvia, Apple Blossom Yarrow and Nigella. I think I'm going to do a container planting with these, for this year, anyway.

Thanks, Lisa, you made my weekend!

I'll be mailing my card out this week, sometime, probably as soon as the temps go above freezing!
Have a great weekend, Everyone!
Shirley!

o

aww I love all these cute cards!!! lol I think this is a good swap to do every valentines day! I would much prefer to get seeds for valentines day then chocolates or roses (unless it's a rose plant that is Lol)!
~Michael

o

My valentine arrived today!! and on a perfect day, when i was getting sleepy from spending all day inside reading my gardening book and watching the snow. Thank you Darrin (cryptid) for such a nice card and poem lol also I would love a butterfly pin if possible! I'm sure my grandmother or mother would love it! As for the contents of my card, you really made my day, all things I had on my want list! I am so excited to winter sow the medium pink columbine and to grow the love in a mist and garden peach tomatoes in a few months! :))))) <3 thank you so much!
~michael

P.S. not gonna lie, I'm glad you got me cuz I was looking at your seed list several times before when I've seen you post on other posts and wanting those seeds. Thank you so much for making my day :)

o

Michael,...glad you liked everything and that it brightened an otherwise snowy stuck-indoors kind of day for you! - There will be two butterfly pins winging their way to you for your mother and gran. I'll mail `em Monday. :)

o

Shirley, I'm glad that tacky little card made you smile on an otherwise nasty day!

The salvia seeds are Pink Jewel. The nigella seeds are Jekyll blue and the snaps are chime red if my memory serves me. The scabiosa was sold by t&m as red scabiosa. My husband was rushing me to go out, I don't know if I wrote that on the packets.

There are some really cute cards and great seeds being shared.

Lisa

o

What beautiful cards have been received!! Wow, talk about Talent this group sure has it. I was going over the list and we have 14 people trading cards - how awesome is that!!
If you have received you valentine card and seed(s), Please post it here so that we know they were received and to reveal your "Secret Valentine"!!!!

There is several that has emailed and is wanting to participate in a second round, since Valentine's is still a couple weeks away. If you are interested please drop me a email.

Thanks,
Tammy

o

Tammy, this has been fun,and, sure I'd like another round
bethb

o

I'm stuck inside again tomorrow due to this weather. The owner of the shop I work at said not to bother opening it up. I have been spending the last two days organizing seeds and deciding what to plant this spring. Maybe I can finish up tomorrow.

I have been hanging on to my Valentine so I can send it closer to the day. Will try to get it to the post office on Tuesday. I can't do anything even close to those beautiful cards that have been posted so hopefully, my receiver does not put up a picture. LOL

More snow headed tonight. One to three inches but it is the blowing that is causing the problems. We have to park at the end of our driveway because the drifting has been so bad. My husband just can't keep up. He plows through and the drift is back the next day. We are talking a huge drift. It has been a rough year for snow here.

o

I guess I'm a little late to this party, but I hope not too late! I'd love to participate, if I can. I can send really fast!

o

cryptid,

Thank you so much!!! I'm sure they will treasure them :)
~michael

o

Smitties- I am sure your secret receiver will like it just as much. Remember it's the thought that counts! Wow, y'all have gotten a lot of snow this year. Don't park the car to close to the street the snow plows will take it with them... The way they drive an pile that stuff. Will be thinking about you, one good thing the ground should have plenty of moisture an be replenished come spring.

o

Smitties, I hope you got my reply back to your e-mail lol :)
~Michael
heavenlyfarm

o

Michael, I did get your emails and sent the appropriate response. LOL

Poor Michael, I am doing a "have" post under seed swap and have 20 requests coming in for seeds for postage. Michaels was one of 6 I received yesterday and I dumbly thought it was one of the envelopes for a request. Just thought the sender was being nice and sending a card and seeds. I just had a brain fart and totally forgot about the Valentine Swap.

I am so sorry I had such a moment. Michael sent a cute foam card in the shape of a flower pot with hearts coming out instead of flowers. It says live, love, garden. So cute. also included blanketflower and hollyhock seeds. Thank you, thank you, and again, I apologize for my oversight.

Margo

o

lol Enjoy!!!! :)
~Michael

o

I got my card just now! I have misplaced my camera but I will do my best to describe it.
It is made of cleverly cut paper with a woman with flowers for hair on a green background. Skyblue52 made a pocket on the front and on the inside, where she drew a vine adorned with heart flowers. On the outside is written "Sending you daydreams and angels to grow" and on the inside "So take your passion to the sky sending flowers 30 ft high."
Inside the pocket were wonderful seeds:
Cobaea scandens
Datura meteloides, Evening Fragrance
Cosmos, Daydream
Alyssum, Avalanche
Ornamental Kale, Crane Bicolor
Passiflora caerulea

Susan, I enjoyed your unusual card and the great seeds!
It really made my day.
Alana

This post was edited by poisondartfrog on Tue, Jan 28, 14 at 17:09

o

Good Morning Everyone!! It is going to be a beautiful day hopefully. The weather man here in Texas says sunny and warm but then next week it is suppose to be cold again. Maybe I can get some flower beds done today and get them ready for spring.. Let's hope!

Here is who I show has recived a Valentine from their partner so far:

Panhandle_seed_ swap - beth _b_kodiak (received)
beth_b_kodiak - skyblue52 (received)
skyblue52 - poisondartfrog (received)
paperfinch- pinkiris (received)
pinkiris- em247 (received)
cryptid - heavenlyfarm (received)

If you have received a card please post about it here and share with others what you got. Also it lets the person who sent it know you got it as its a SECRET until you reveal them!!. I know its like getting christmas everday when you go to the mailbox and you find goodies!!!

This swap is about near the end, Several have asked for a second name to send to and I will be partnering them up tomorrow.

Have a beautiful blessed day!
Tammy

o

I am excited to receive mine! I know a few people said they are going to wait until closer to Valentines Day.

o

If you are doing another round, can I join in?

And mcc371, if you are able to work the ground, I am so jealous. I'm 'zone' 7 and the ground is as hard as a rock.

o

Nightowls - Yes I am sending out names tomorrow Also, send me an email with your mailing address please.
I said "let's hope" lol! I am gonna try but you are probably right about the hard as a rock!!

Panhandle_seed_ swap - yeah, I am just posting so everyone can see who has received and thats fine with waiting .. it is all in the excitement of patience and who got who!! So far I haven't seen an owl on any cards..maybe I will put that on mine.

o

Thu, Jan 30, 14 at 16:28

Tammy, I posted on Saturday that I got my card from Lisa/ishare. Hope to send mine out this weekend.
Shirley!

o

I too posted that I received my wonderful card from heavenlyfarm. I mailed my card yesterday so it should be received in the next couple of days. Margo

o

Finaly got my carmera out. I loved the play on words From Beth Berry,. And she sent lettuce seeds. I never have enough of those. Great fun

o

I'm sorry Shirley an Margo somehow when I copy and paste it left names off Thank You for correcting me as I sure don't want to leave anyone out.

Panhandle_seed_ swap - beth _b_kodiak (received)
beth_b_kodiak - skyblue52 (received)
skyblue52 - poisondartfrog (received)
paperfinch- pinkiris (received)
pinkiris- em247 (received)
cryptid - heavenlyfarm (received)
Heavenlyfarm- smitties (received)
Ishareflowers- sjc48 (received)

Skyblue52- that is a pretty card, you're right you can never have enough lettuce! We eat a lot of salads an fresh veggies.

Have a beautiful day!
Tammy

o

There is no rush to send your cards for those wanting to wait until closer to valentines. It is still two weeks away. I am just posting who has received so I can keep up with it. I must say from the cards I have seen we have some talented and creative gardeners.

Tammy

o

Allie and I have our card ready. It's going to be a busy weekend here, but we plan to mail on Monday.
Happy February Eve,
Alana

o

Tammy sent you an email....

My card is ready to go! I will be mailing......soon! LOL!

Happy weekend!

Annie

o

I got my card yesterday, Emily was my secret sender. She sent four o'clock magenta and calendula pacific beauty seeds with her cute card. Thanks em247!

o

I just put mine in the drop box.
Happy Super Bowl,
Alana

o

Yay! I'm glad the card got to you safe and sound Lisa. : ) There should be 3 packets of seed in there, so double check the bubble envelope because it may be down at the bottom yet.

Enjoy,
Emily

o

Thank you so much for the butterfly pins, they arrived the other day and i think i forgot to post! my mom already picked hers out lol :)
~michael

o

Mon, Feb 3, 14 at 17:08

Heads up, Secret Valentine, your card is on the way!!

Supposed to get a HUGE snowstorm tomorrow afternoon - Oh. Yay.

Shirley!

o

Hope everything is ok with the person I sent my card to. I sent it a week ago and it hasn't been posted that it has been received. Hope the card made it.

Margo

o

Smitties (Margo) -- I received your valentine card in yesterday's mail. Sounds like it took an extra long route to get to me :) The hand-crafted card was lovely, the shared hearts were priceless and the seeds included are very much appreciated : Ground Cherry, Purple Tomatillo, and Zinnia Will Rogers. Thank you -- Happy Valentine's!

o

I received my wonderful Valentine card from Alana and her grand daughter Allie. I just love it. And now some pictures!!! The first pic is the inside of the card. Very clever Alana!!!!

This post was edited by canyonwind on Sat, Feb 8, 14 at 12:49

o

And now the front of the card.......And I failed to mention, all those packets are real seeds!!!! Cracking up on the last two...Easy on the "Champagne" celebration. You could end up a "Pregnant Onion"!!!!!

Thanks so much Alana and Allie.

Annie

o

Thank goodness, Annie! I was a little worried you might find my seedy "Valentine Story" from first love to pregnant onion a little too much, lol.

o

THANK YOU Annie (canyonwind) for my really lovely Valentine!!! It arrived today. Such a nice surprise in my mailbox.

Here is a photo of the handcrafted/sewn front...

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Sat, Feb 8, 14 at 17:20

o

Here is what the inside looks like! There were 12 packets of different seed varieties from my "want list" and 4 terrific recipe cards. So generous, Annie! Thank you so much! Love it all!

o

Mon, Feb 10, 14 at 19:35

Annie! brocade and lace, really a great idea!

Alana, loved the story idea! Good job, Allie!

Pretty cards, Margo and Beth, lots of good ideas on both, simple things I usually forget to use. DUH!!

Emily, great idea for the card and yes, it's on my "gotta try that" list for Christmas cards. What a time saver!

And Darrin, very pretty card!

I sent my card out last Monday, sure hope it arrives soon!

It was a really pretty, sunny day today, still very cold, but the sun seems to make all the difference. Huge piles of snow everywhere, makes ya wonder where it's all going to go when it melts!

Have a great day tomorrow,
Shirley!

o

To my secret Valentine... I hope you enjoy the card and seeds. It should arrive to you any day now. One of my teenage son's helped with its creation and we tried our best to make it presentable :)

o

my card from Nightowl arrived yesterday and I love it. Lots of lady bugs with sunflowers, daisys and hearts. Very pretty, I'll post pictures tomorrow. Need to get new batteries for the flash
Thanks a bunch and i'll get the picture up ASAP.

o

O.o wow, that was really quick! I just dropped it off at the post office Saturday afternoon.

o

And, here's the card, love it. Daisies and sunflowers are high up on my favorites list.
The pocket on the left is stuffed with six packets of seeds. Really excited about the Delphiniums. Have not seen those since I left Alaska and I'm anxious to see how they will do in the Mid West.
Many many thanks and congrats on the nice card

o

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY Everyone !!!!

Hope everyone has received their cards and goodies! I have so enjoyed seeing all the love and kindness during these last few weeks. Hope today is a sweet day and if you have received your cards I hope you shared it with us all. If you haven't posted yet please do.. so that the one who sent it will feel appreciated I know in our busy lives we tend to let things slide or put them off for another day.
This swap is coming to an end as today has arrived. I hope everyone received something that touched their heart and will enjoy growing.

Have a Sweet Valentine's Day!
Tammy

o

Aw-w-wh. Tammy, thank you so much for the cute Valentine and the candy. I love the little critters on the card!
This was a fun swap and you were a great hostess!
Alana

o

Tammy, received your cute handmade card today with the conversation hearts. What a nice surprise. I will also enjoy the seeds you included.

Thanks for the great swap. It was a lot of fun. Margo

This post was edited by smitties on Fri, Feb 14, 14 at 21:48

o

Tammy,

Thank you for the envelope of goodies. Your timing couldn't have been better and it was such a nice surprise to receive the extra valentine today. : ) The seeds will look great planted in my garden, especially the red peppers. (Yum!) Great job hosting such an enjoyable swap.

em247
(Emily)

o

Alana- you are so welcome! Glad you got it today. It means I timed it just right an for once the post office delivered it on time. Lol!

Margo- glad you liked them. Your welcome!

Emily, glad you received them today. Your welcome too.

It has been a wonderful day! I think my secret is out...
Tammy

This post was edited by mcc371 on Fri, Feb 14, 14 at 22:31

o

What cute cards were sent in.

Alana, your card cracked me up, great idea!

Thank you Tammy, this was a fun swap.

Lisa

o

Sat, Feb 15, 14 at 10:42

Just got my mail and wanted to thank you, Tammy, for the pretty Valentine card and the seeds! Very thoughtful of you and much appreciated! Thank you, Thank you!!

I still haven't heard that my secret Valentine got her card. Will resend if I don't hear from her by Monday. The Post Office has been driving me nuts, lately.

Shirley!

o

Tammy...returned home yesterday to find a package from you......what a nice surprise. I finally just got around to opening my mail while I was away!!!!!

Thanks so much for the cute little card with darling little critters, the box of little valentine heart candies and the seeds.....Columbine mix, Aster Crego mix, Small Sugar Pumpkin and Early Sweet Canteloupe. Great selection!!!
And so very appreciated!!!!!

Thanks so much for hosting a very fun Valentine Swap!!!!

Happy Saturday....I hope everyone had a beautiful and loving Valentines Day!!

Annie

o

Tammy!!! Thank you so much for the really cute homemade Valentine, candy hearts and GREAT selection of seeds (see photo)! What a wonderful, kind hostess you are. :) Great homemade seed packet, too!

o

Great surprise when I saw my package. Thank you Susan aka skyblue52

o

Tammy -- Thank you for the Valentine surprise! It was very kind and thoughtful of you!

o

Hope everyone had a wonderful and sweet Valentine's weekend and got lots of love and attention from family and friends. Our swap is officially over.

(PAPERFINCH and CRYPTID - Did you receive your cards?? As I went back thru I didn't see that you two had posted as receiving them. Please send me an email and let me know, Thanks! )

Panhandle_seed_swap to beth_b_kodiak (sent/received)
beth_b_kodiak to skyblue52 (sent/received)
ForeverRecycleReuse to cryptid (sent/???? )
paperfinch to pinkiris (sent/received)
canyonwind to panhandle_ seed_ swap (sent/received)
smitties to ForeverRecycleReuse (sent/received)
poisondartfrog to canyonwind (sent/received)
em247 to ishareflowers (sent/received)
heavenlyfarm to smitties (sent/received)
pinkiris to em247 (sent/received)
sjc48 to paperfinch (sent/????)
cryptid to heavenlyfarm (sent/received)
ishareflowers to sjc48 (sent/received)
beth_b_kodiak to nightowls (sent/received)
nightowls to beth_b_kodiak (sent/received)

Hopefully, everyone received their secret valentine from me and that the friendship I have with each of you continues to grow in your gardens. Thanks for letting me be your host!

Have a beautiful blessed day!
Tammy

o

Tammy, thanks again. A real fun swap and extra thanks for the surprise Valentine gift from you.
bethb

o

Okay,...here's the thing: (1) I received Jessica's (foreverrecyclereuse) totally fab card and seeds precisely on the 14th. (2) The following day, diabetic neuropathy issues kinda slapped me down, although, in the evening, I worked on trying to capture the best photos I could of her card and seeds, using a camera with a non-functioning flash. The results were absolutely dismal. Then, (3) yesterday, when the sun came out for a bit, Elly & I went outside to hopefully achieve better photographic results,...which we did. So now,...

Thank you, Jessica, for your wonderfully creative card (loved the googly-eyed flowers especially,...LOL! - That, and your poetic sentiments inside)! Sorry it's taken me 3 whole days to get this posted, but at least I have some semi-decent photos to post, finally. We're definitely getting a new camera with our tax return, relegating our current 6.0-pixel relic to auxiliary standby status in our car's glove box.

o
RE: NEW: Valentine Swap 2014 - Card Inside

Card - Inside

o
RE: NEW: Valentine Swap 2014 - Seeds

Seeds: Uncle Charlie's Giant Pear Tomato, Jalapeno hot pepper, Ancho hot pepper, Hot peppers from Chile, Serrano hot chile pepper.

o

Tammy,

Thank you for the surprise valentines day card!!! and for the great seeds with it!! :)
~michael

o

Like Michael said, above, thanks bunches, Tammy, for the wonderful surprise valentine card and seeds, etc.!

o

Tammy's card,...inside.

o

You are all so welcome! May your gardens be filled with love and your harvests plentiful.

o

Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 7:55

Morning All!
Paperfinch/Lisa, I'm waiting to hear from you as to whether you got the card and seeds I sent. I will resend if necessary, but let me know, okay?
Tammy, could you send me Lisa's address again? Thanks.
Have a great day, Everybody,
Shirley!

o

Just wanted to stop in and say thank you for the lovely valentine from Shirley (SJC48)! Sorry it took me so long to post the lovely card and seeds. She sent me Pink Columbine, Star Phlox, Silene Regia, and White borage. Can't wait to grow these this spring!

o

Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 16:34

Thanks for posting, Lisa, I'm glad you liked the card and I hope the seeds do well for you! The Star Phlox are just beautiful!

Tammy, I think this Swap is REALLY over now! This was a very good idea for a swap, wouldn't mind doing it again next year! You were a very thoughtful and generous hostess! Good Job!
Shirley!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here