Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elvimiller

NEW: For the Kids Seed Swap 2014

elvimiller
10 years ago

Hi Guys,

I would love to get some of your youngsters involved/more involved in gardening! What a better way to keep them entertained then with new exciting seeds.

If you would like to join us, here are the rules:

1. Seeds must be used by kids, whether your children, your grandchildren or the kids next door. Kids of all ages can participate.
2. Comment below that you would like to participate, with your child's name and age.
3. Mail in a bubble mailer with 6-8 packs of seeds that you think kids will like. Include your child's gardening interests. If your child is just starting out, just note that and I will pick some cool stuff for for him/her.
4. Include 6 stamps and a return address/label with your bubble mailer.
5. I will divide the seeds among the kiddos, based on their interests and what was mailed in, and return your SASBM with plenty of seeds for your kiddo.
6. Please mail bubble mailer, seeds, 6 stamps, want list and return address to:
Elvi Miller
c/o Kid Swap
5380 W 64th St
Fremont MI 49412

Bonus seeds are welcome, it will make the swap that much better.

Seed packs must be received by February 15th
Seed packs will be returned by February 25th

Who's in?
Elvi

This post was edited by elvimiller on Mon, Jan 27, 14 at 0:32

Comments (32)

• SusieQsie_Fla
    10 years ago

Hi Elvi

I'm in! This is such a good idea and very nice of you to do.

We moved up here to be close to the grandkids last year, and I've done a little gardening with them, but they are still new to growing things from seed.

Justin, 6, and Jenna, almost 3, are going to love getting seeds in the mail!

Thanks ~
    Susie

• elvimiller
    Original Author
    10 years ago

welcome Susie!

We have 5. SJ is 14, Ty is 12, Mackenzie is 10, nathaniel is 9 and Hailie is 4. Almost all of them love gardening and have their favorite things to grow. can't wait to start!

• elvimiller
    Original Author
    10 years ago

anyone else interested?

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    10 years ago

I am sending in seeds. What is your zip code?
    Heidi

• elvimiller
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry Heidi, i updated it. It is 49412. welcome aboard!

• docmom_gw
    10 years ago

My teenagers don't garden, but can I donate seeds for all the kids? I'll just send in some packs of fun stuff to be shared with all of them.

Martha

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

My grandson is 11 His name is Stoney Matthew.. He really likes to help garden and wants things like strawberries, watermelon, sunflowers, corn. The others helped me a lot when they were little, but he still does his own at home. He would love to participate.
    Thanks, Melinda

This post was edited by ilovefarac on Mon, Jan 27, 14 at 9:24

• elvimiller
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Martha! Yes we would love a donation! Welcome Melida!

• missyga64
    10 years ago

Elvi,

This sounds like an awesome swap for grandkids. . . Thanks for hosting.

I've got 4 but only the biggies will be participating this time- Jake 12, Sydney 10 and Henry 2. I will get my seeds to you this week.

Missy

• elvimiller
    Original Author
    10 years ago

So far we have 5 families signed up :)

elvimiller
    susieqsie
    xiangirl
    ilovefarac
    MissyGA54

Welcome everyone!
    10 more days to sign up! 17 more days to mail in your seeds!

• barefootgardner12
    10 years ago

Is there still time to join?

• barefootgardner12
    10 years ago

I just saw sign ups for the 8th! Sorry.
    My granddaughter Ryleigh (10), has been gardening with me since she was a toddler. She has been looking at my seed catalogs. Her wish list is bigger than mine! She is already planning her garden. She will love to receive seeds.
    I also garden with children in a community garden that I coordinate. Much fun!

• clay_lady
    10 years ago

Hi
    I have 3 grandchildren that love gardening. The boys are brothers in 5 &6th grade. They have gardened since they were very young. Their cousin Olivia is almost 5 and she likes to do whatever the boys like. Thank you clay_lady

• elvimiller
    Original Author
    10 years ago

elvimiller
    susieqsie
    xiangirl
    ilovefarac
    MissyGA54
    barefootgardner12
    clay_lady

welcome all!

• divina3315
    10 years ago

Hi I would love to join! My son Hunter is 5 (will be 6 in March) loves to help in the garden but would love for him to have his own "garden" and seeds.

heirlooms4me@gmail.com

Elise

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    10 years ago

I am sending my bonus seeds today. In other words, I don't want any back. Have lots of fun things for kids to plant. It's snowing here (and we're so happy for snow) so our Pony Express mail delivery may take a few days. lol
    Heidi

• missyga64
    10 years ago

USPS tracking says my envelope will arrive tomorrow the 1st, but we know that really means monday. sorry for the delay. . . snow and Ice kinda threw us Georgians for a loop this week.

• elvimiller
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No problem, still plenty of time

• elvimiller
    Original Author
    10 years ago

elvimiller
    susieqsie
    ilovefarac
    MissyGA54
    barefootgardner12
    clay_lady
    divina3315

I will post once envelopes start arriving. Thanks all! Still time to send in envelopes if you are new and hurry!

• elvimiller
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi everyone! i received an envelope of Luffa and cotton seeds. no name, no return address, just lots of seeds. Was this someone from here?

• elvimiller
    Original Author
    10 years ago

received everything required for swap from member MISSYGA64

• elvimiller
    Original Author
    10 years ago

still time folks! come and join us!

• graanieb
    10 years ago

Great project Elvi, good to have kids showing interest in gardening, my grandsons are far but I'd love to send you all extras I have-lots of sunflowers, cotton, melons, herbs...flowers if wanted.
    Please send me address where to send the seeds,
    thanks
    Bea-Graanieb

• SusieQsie_Fla
    10 years ago

Hey Elvi!

I sent out seeds to you this afternoon.

I sent extra so you can have some for your garden, too.

~Susie

• elvimiller
    Original Author
    10 years ago

elvimiller
    susieqsie
    ilovefarac
    MissyGA54 EVERYTHING RECEIVED
    barefootgardner12 EVERYTHING RECEIVED
    clay_lady
    divina3315

Heidi got your bonus seeds for the kids! Thank you!
    Bea-Graanieb got your bonus seeds, thank you!

• elvimiller
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey all!
    Only 5 families ended up participating, but there was still a great selection. Packs were mailed today! Let me now when they comes! susieqsie i did get your pack out as well, your seeds did come.

• clay_lady
    10 years ago

The seeds were mailed out today. 4 kids in the same envelope. Jacob 11 Grayson 10 Olivia 5 and Brady 4. Thanks so much for the swap

• barefootgardner12
    10 years ago

We received seeds today! We will open when Ryleigh comes home from school. She will be so EXCITED! Thank you Elvi. Thank you everyone for sharing your seeds.

• missyga64
    10 years ago

The grands called me today to tell me all about the surprise envelope of " so many seeds". . . they are so excited and ready to plant them in their new yard.

Thanks Elvi, you have made their day.

Missy

• SusieQsie_Fla
    10 years ago

Hi Elvi ~

The seed packet was in the mail yesterday, but I left it in there til the kids came to visit today, so they could get it themselves. And boy ! Were we surprised ! ! So many seed packs, it's unbelievable.

What a great job you've accomplished . . . you've made the three of us very happy and I feel like a kid, too.

Thanks also to all the other families who shared seeds and to those who didn't get any in return. You are all amazing.

Thanks for all your hard work, Elvi, may your gardens give you extra joy this year.

Love
    Susie

• elvimiller
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Clay_Lady5..I did receive your seed pack today...I have already mailed the other packs out as i tried to get a hold of you but was unsuccessful. I have lots of seeds to share with your kiddos, they will be in the mail in the next couple of days.

Glad the rest of you all enjoyed the swap. i am doing a bigger one on facebook if anyone is interested email me.

• elvimiller
    Original Author
    10 years ago

If anyone is interested in leaving me a rating pld do so here

Here is a link that might be useful: elvimiller