Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

UPDATE: January 2006 Cont'd: Garden Circle Exchange Ring

sandlapper_rose
18 years ago

I don't know whether getting to 100 messages is still a time to start a new heading or not, but here is a continuation if we need it. I will start a new one in February as well so we can keep one month separate from another.

Comments (61)

• gardeningmomof3
    18 years ago

Gardenhits hope your feeling better. You too Garden witch. Seems we're mix up in the sick catorgory above. I've been knocking on wood that it passes me by. So far it has. Knock on wood. Only thing the kids are wearin me out in now is ping pong. We play on an old piece of paneling. Oldest one has now beat me three games in a row. 26-24 26-24 21-19 So not fair.*chuckle Gonna have to go play more with the younger two, I need more practice. *grin

Gardenwitch, Is your postal carrier still around? Did she bring you, your fix. LOL You'd think we were all kids in a candy store waiting for our boxes to arrive. Is it February yet....*chuckle

I still don't hear the polka music. Someone forget to turn up the volume?

Oh, wait I think I hear now, E-I-E-I-E-I-O

Have a great weekend everyone.

• giverny4me
    18 years ago

If you google "247 polk heaven" and follow the link, you can get streaming polka music through the 'puter any time!!! My husband has it going all hours of the day and night!!!He doesnt dance, just likes the polkas.......

• garden_witch
    18 years ago

No packages for me today, but I was not able to catch the mailman. We actually have a couple different carriers that deliver in our neighborhood, this guy is in better shape than me, boy he moves quick ;)
    I'm the last to report? Does that mean miss veeja is sending to me?! If so, its a long way from WA to MI, I'm sure it will come soon. I also feel safe in saying that I will like my box =) But, I have to say I think I like sending better than recieving!
    I did get some sase's to fill in the mail today, so its not all bad =)

Shannon

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Just checking in to see what y'all are up to.
    I haven't been online much lately. I guess by now both my pals know I'm terrible at email. I need to get better at that.

Sounds like everyone is getting nice things in the mail, I know I did from my pal. Sure beats getting bills!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

• sassyd
    18 years ago

• veeja11
    18 years ago

No Shannon, I'm sorry but my pal has received accourding to confirmation but hasn't posted. I know this sounds mean but I will not send another box till I know the first was received, I worry that confirmation # could be wrong, could you please check for me Sandlapper. thankyou worried carol

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

As you know from my e-mail to you, I am checking on this for you, Carol. There are only two situations I am looking into at this point, so not too bad out of 26 participants. I really think the two packages have been sent and once I can get confirmation they have been received, all will be okay for February.
    Whew - glad so many have been happy with who has been picked as their pal. Just luck on my part!
    Now, if we can just hear on the board that these last two packages have been received... I'll be smiling!!!

• bojo96
    18 years ago

Omg Sassy...LOL!!!
    I am not dangerous...well most times I'm not dangerous. You guys crack me up with these graphics. Speaking of which...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I love them all!
    Everyone...look here Sassy made me some personal graphics!

Hope everyone recieves their packages and really look forward to sending my feb. one!!

• carealot
    18 years ago

Wow, that's really pretty, It that really you in the picture. Sassy how do you do those? I want one too Please.
    I love fairies, and folk art.
    Karri

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Glad you're enjoying Julie, but I didn't make that one! lol

Diane

• veeja11
    18 years ago

here is my confirmation number 03051720000148167906 I sent out 5 boxes this month so hope this number goes to the right one.come on pal I am going a little crazy here. thankyou all for posting it sure helps. I was so lucky last year my wonderful pal always posted

• faintheart
    18 years ago

Hope you hear from your pal soon, Carol. I know crazy...last swap my pal didn't acknowledge receiving for a longgggg time and I kept thinking the box was on someone else's porch or buried in snow somewhere. *crossing my fingers and eyes hoping you hear soon!* Do you make your own siggys, Carol? They are all so cute!! Has the rain stopped yet?

Karri...you have a couple of surprises in your email...be on the lookout for them. :)

Hope everyone is having a greaaaaat weekend!

~Faint

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

I would like to be able to do the siggy's and graphics too. In a robin last year, Carol (Veeja)sent me a siggy but I never could get it to work, I think my firewall at the time was stopping the download. But I think I have that bug worked out now. Could someone tell how to do these for a computer challenged person like me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks Karen

• giverny4me
    18 years ago

Oooooooooh Julie is *Sparkly* !!! I heard from one of my moles Julie has gone acquatic on another thread? Floozy! rofl. Julie, I am really looking forward to your sending the "Feb. one" too! :)

Just trying to be supportive here. Also I am working on "the Debbie from OK" Feb. pkg. myself. However spent the day in bed with Agatha Christie today. :O Have a good week ladies!

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I get my siggys from a place that makes free siggys for you, and I make a few, rainbow if you e-mail me I will give you the addy of the place for free siggys. or tell me what you like and I will get one made for you. hugs {{gwi:1239032}}

• carealot
    18 years ago

Hi there~
    I have not heard that my pal has received her package yet.
    I hope I hear from her soon Or I'm gona bust. I put a lot of thought and $ into that box of goodies. I have already started buying things for Feb.
    Grrr. I still have to figure out how to put my signature on here. Everyone is way ahead of me on that one.
    okay, I'll post when I figure this thing out.

~Karri~

• daisy_me
    18 years ago

Missing pals....well, that's not good. I hope they're found soon! :-)

Just wanted to drop in and say "hi" to everyone! I haven't posted in a little while as I've been buried in drywall dust in my laundry room (all I wanted was a real floor!!!). Somewhere outside that laundry room are some dying houseplants I need to tend to also, then I need to get my winter sowing started, and I wanted to paint the hallway, and.....well, you can see why I haven't posted in a while, winter does this to me. I become Too-Many-Projects-Woman and just can't stop!

Sandlapper and Pastvast, expect an e-mail later. I've really been slacking off on e-mails lately, sorry.

Hope everyone else is well and staying warm!

• wynative
    18 years ago

Cheryl - loamRanger - I am so glad you like your first box! I feel bad... Your forgot to post but I forgot to check and read it :( I was surfing to decide what to add to your Feb. box and found it - sorry, sorry, sorry!

I hear you about the grasshoppers & feel your pain! I plant triple of everything each year to appease them. I would love to have birds of any kind to help with them but every time I tempt fate and get some the coyotes murder them. They are sooo sneaky! They have dug under, ate though, waited around corners and chased my dogs off for the last time trying to get 'snacks'. So alas... no more birds :(

Can you make a seed/plant want list??
    Marie

• hensandchicks
    18 years ago

Ok, I'm trying this again as I must have done something wrong the last time or my brain went on vacation without me.:) Many many thanks to Carol in Renton for the WONDERFUL gift package she sent to me. Full of terrific gifts that included; desk calendar, note pads, garden diary, bulbs, bath goodies and yummy orange chocolate balls!!! I love it all. What a wonderful 2006 garden pal!!!!!!! I apologize immensely for this posting having been delayed. Thank you so much once again Carol...you are the best!!!!!!!!!

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Wonderful, just worried that you didn't get it. I don't know your name so sent it to henny chicks, confirmation said yes but I still worried, glad you got it and liked it. thankyou for posting. thankyou

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Hey Everyone,

Haven't posted in a while, just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a great week! Veeja, I would love to know where you get those siggy's made. I'm going to send you an e-mail so I can get that link from you. I've been wanting one for a long time!
    Well, hope both my pals are well. Stay out of trouble, Julie, LOL. j/k ;)
    Glad you got my thank you e-mail Shannon, and I hope to hear an e-mail back from you sometime! Would love to get to know you better, you seem like someone I could really enjoy talking to. :)
    Well, I'm off for now, later!

~Summer

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Daisy Me, it sounds like you have your hands full with your "Too-Many-Projects."
    As for missing pals, I think all the pals are accounted for - we are just waiting for one more package to be accounted for... Just a word about mailing dates, please mail by the 15th of each month. That way even if there are post office delays, things should be cleared by about the 24th or 25th of the month. If you tend to be late at getting to things, just think of your February package as a January package. Even a procratinator should be caught up by then! Can you see the grin on my face?
    Also while I am on the topic of February, who in our Circle has a birthday in February? Don't be bashful, tell us!
    In looking through those who sent this information to me, I think we have three birthdays on Feb. 26th: FaintHeart, Daisy Me, and Garden Witch. Is that right? Who else has a February birthday? We like to celebrate!
    Anyway, things seem to be going well this first month. Check with me if there are problems. Okay?

• bojo96
    18 years ago

Gee..I have an angry mob of mailmen after me...I'm considered dangerous...there's a t-shirt fundraiser going on...I've hidden in gardens...I've sparkled...I've been unsparkled...I've tunneled my way under Florida...I'm salty from swimming with dolphins...my free lawyer (Faint) has made no progress on getting the charges dropped...HEY NO PROBLEMS HERE :)

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

To my gardenweb friends
    I request your support/prayers during this most difficult time.
    Clyde (my fury son and best friend) was laid to rest 1/24/06.
    You may visit his page at
    www.clocktimelesspets.com/detail.asp?ID=119
    or www.clocktimelesspets.com and click on guest book
    I thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers during my time of need.

• sassyd
    18 years ago

So sorry to hear this...he was so beautiful....If I can help you in any way please let me know, I've been there, hun, lost my 16 yo springer just a year ago so I know how much you're hurting right now.

Diane
    Sassyd

• carealot
    18 years ago

I have a shoulder to cry on if you need it. I have an 8 year old male Husky, named Copper That looks just like your Clyde, I posted a message for you in the guest book. You can e-mail me anytime hun. I know what you must be going through.

AND...where on earth is my Pal? She has not posted in awhile. PAL? where are you? come out, come out where ever you are. She is the only one that has not posted that she has received her box. I hope that nothing has happened to it. OMG or HER for that matter. Think I should just e-mail her?
    ~Karri~

• giverny4me
    18 years ago

Jan, so sorry for your loss, he is so beautiful. Otis the Norwich Terrier and I send our regrets and hopes for Clydes speedy journey over the Rainbow Bridge to the Land of No Pain and Endless Biscuit Treats. XXXgiverny4me

• bojo96
    18 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss...I've sent a little prayer up to my German Shepard that crossed the rainbow bridge a few years ago to meet Clyde and befriend him. I'm sure Duke will help take good care of Clyde.
    Julie

• garden_witch
    18 years ago

Karri, my box came today =) I just got thru unwrapping it all, and munching Andes along the way =) I love everything, and I'm wearing my ring right now ;)
    I will post again later when I have more time!
    Shannon

ps ~ Nag Champa is my favorite! and I was almost out, thanx!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for posting so quickly, Shannon. I know Karri and I are relieved that nothing happened to the package on its way to you.
    Time for a cheer - at least from me - everyone who signed up sent their package in January. I think that's great!
    So on to February and everyone mails to their same pal again.
    Let's put those thinking caps on and start to get some ideas for next month...

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Jan, I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby. He was just gorgeous. I have lost a couple of furry babies as well over the past few years, so I can relate. Please know that we are all here for you if you need to cry or vent or anything you need.

~Summer

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

Diane,
    Thanks so much for the siggys. I just love them. It was so nice of you to go to the trouble to get them for me.

Carol,
    Thanks for the info. I am still looking over all the designs and trying to decide.

I am so excited that I finally have some siggy's too.

Thanks Karen

• sassyd
    18 years ago

This one's for you too Karen!

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

Diane,
    Thanks so much. It is just lovely. I do have that one also I was just going to save it for the next post since those are the only two I have so far. I am sure that I will have more soon since I have learned how to do it and since Carol has given me the name of a website to get them from. What fun! Thank you ladies for sharing with me. This is a great group.
    {{gwi:1239035}}

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Carol, thanks so much for the link to the place where I can get siggy's made! There were so many pretty ones, it was hard to choose one! But here is the one I got, and I just love it!! :)

• bojo96
    18 years ago

Lol Summer...I was just going to show off the one you had made for me!!! I love my new sig that was sent to me by my pal Summer (zoegurl2001) Drum roll please
    taattatatatatatatataaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thanks again Summer...Did I mention I love it?

• carealot
    18 years ago

I can not for the life of me figure out how to put my signature in here. Will someone please explain this to me again? I am so lost, I have looked at everything I created a picture page and still don't know what URL or the link is.
    Thanks Karri

• garden_witch
    18 years ago

Ok, I have a little more time now =)
    Thanx again Karri for all the wonderful gifts!
    Here's what she sent me...
    An adorable flower mood ring
    Nag Champa insence
    Mint green stretchy gloves (Thanx for these! I lose about four pairs a year, always need more =oP)
    A very colorful magnetic calender with flowers and butterflies, on my fridge rite now =)
    A green mosaic glass candle holder with scented tea lights, mmmmm!
    And bath salts and a big tulip bath fizzie =)

I think I rermembered everything, I have most of it put away, especially the Ande's, put them away while I was opening everything ;) Thanx again!

Also, Karri, if you save your siggie file to photobucket, when you go to your album there should be a group of tags under the thumbnail. Click on the middle one under the pic you want to post and it will highlight itself. Copy and paste it to the message you are posting, this will put your pic in the message =)

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Everyone's too quiet in here!

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

I know sassyd! No one has posted for a little while, so I figure I'll break the silence, lol. So, how is everyone! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

Sassy, I'm crazy about your little frog!! One of my best things last summer was tiny green tree frog I found hiding in one of my Hostas. I just stood there watching his heart pounding against his side. Figure I was scaring him so I took a photo and went away.
    It's warmer here today, up to -20 again, that actually feels pretty good but all of you talking about weather in the 50's.... I can hardly stand that. I keep thinking "if I was in MD I could be working in the yard" Boo-Hoo. That is making me want to get back(to MD) when usually.... I want to stay here as long as possible.
    Looking foreward to going on vacation on Wed and being gone a week. Just can't tell if that will make it hadrer or easier to wait for the end of March.
    Hope you are all enjoying a super weekend.

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Hi everyone! Hope y'all are having a good weekend.

Love all the pretty sig pics. I have tons of them myself but I am too lazy to post them here. I use them at other sites where you can include them in your signature line & don't have to add them to every post. I hope iVillage changes that here.

I might have to start using them here too so I don't feel naked compared to y'all. LOL

• bojo96
    18 years ago

Help the mailmen have recruited my dragonfly

and fed him steroids

I've had to get a disguise

P.S. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

• garden_witch
    18 years ago

Julie, love the pics =) The little witch is too cute!
    I have one of my own, thanx to Summer =D

• atravers
    18 years ago

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to send Sue (skohler) a pick-me-up note to say "Hi". I know you've been feeling under the weather so I mailed off your February packet today hoping to send along "Feel Better Soon" wishes. Actually in order to save on postage I split the packet and sent a smaller one first class which will hopefully reach you by the weekend. The other part I've sent media/bound material rate so it will take a bit longer.

Greetings to you and your wonderful animal family and hope you're on the mend soon.
    Ann

• giverny4me
    18 years ago

Hi Kids! Get Well wishes to Sue (skohler), and I have a confirmation number for MS. DEBBIE HOBBS: 0130 2990 0001 9127 7436................Time to get the February game ON...lol....RE: Ms Julie's dragonflydragonwitch...uh oh girl looks like you need some "voodoo"....its Mardi Gras season here if you need some beads to throw at the mailman I will send you some...or some stale moon pies, whatever. I usually have a sack of both by Ash Wednsday...its parade season here in P'cola and in Mobile,AL.....lalalalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabeads. ;)

• bojo96
    18 years ago

Hey Susan!!! Good to hear from you!! You've known voodoo all this time and haven't gotten the mailmen yet? C'mon woman get on the ball! LOL
    Now where the heck is everyone else? Please, tell me your not being held captive by the mailmen to get me out of hiding!! I'll cry...I will!!!

• carealot
    18 years ago

Shannon~
    I'm glad you like everything, It is hard to pick things out for someone you don't know. I hope that I can do a good job for you, You can e-mail me anytime and let me know what kind of things that you like.
    Your welcome
    ~Karri~
    ps. I think I got my siggie!

• sassyd
    18 years ago

You gals so crazy!.......

• carealot
    18 years ago

Oh yea I forgot to tell Shannon that those tealight candles are from partylite candles, they liquify and burn all the way down. Ã
    I'M so happy I finally figured out this signature thing, Now I want more, Is that me being greedy? I would love to have a pink carebare one that says carealot. I think that would fit me really well..hee hee! Thankyou girls for all the lovely signatures.

Sponsored
My Kitchen And Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars48 Reviews
Virginia-Based, Leading Kitchen and Bath Remodeler Since 1994