Houzz Logo Print
frances_coffill

UPDATE: Birthday Buddies February!

Frances Coffill
14 years ago

Our Birthday Buddies for February are :

fcoffill Feb 10th

ilovefarac Feb 15th

Since January was a short month ;) please continue to send to our January Birthday Buddies if you haven't done so!

Smitties Jan 12

ishareflowers Jan 31

Birthday Buddies...

please post a " Wish List" of 20 items, and post a little about yourself. Also, please make sure your want list is up to date, so your buddies can find a "gift" to send to you .

Each month you MUST report to the "host of month" who you mailed to ( not what you sent ) PLEASE make sure you report !

Since I am hosting my own Birthday month, you do not need to report sending to me if you would rather "suprise' me. I will keep track and report any cards I recieve!

Let the mailboxing begin :D

Comments (73)

• smitties
    14 years ago

Francis, I like games even though I never win. :)

I recieved another card yesterday. This was a pretty homemade one from Heidi and she included dill and feverfew seeds. I haven't tried dill yet and I believe they are a favorite of some butterflies. I will include the feverfew in my herb garden. Thank you so much.

I too would love to have a greenhouse but the winds we always get here would make that impossible. I am going to have to settle for a growing light in the basement if I can get my hubby to help me with it.

We are going on 6 inches of snow today with more to come along with high winds. No school today and probably none tomorrow as well.

THINK SPRING - Margo

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

I love games...even without the prizes!!

Heidi

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Hello everyone! We got more snow! Almost another 6 to 8 inches depending on where you were! Tired of it already!
    But not tired of mail!! Got a wonderful homemade card with beautiful irish blessing in it. Also some penstemon seeds! Thanks Heidi I loved it!! And also a nice card from Patti
    1957! Had black pearl pepper, variegated ornamental pepper, maui purple pepper, and pink oxheart tomatoes!! Thanks alot!! You both made my day!!
    Keep warm everyone! Frances, I hope tomorrow is a wonderful day for you!
    Melinda

• chitownladyd
    14 years ago

To our February birthday girls - Melanie & Frances!

La Donna

• flwrs4ever
    14 years ago

Hello everyone !! Some great seeds being received :)

Happy Birthday Frances, may you enjoy your day tomorrow !!

I didnt wintersow this season, but do plan to get some annuals going in March. Has anyone ordered seeds this winter..what did you get ? I normally do an order, but have more seeds then I can ever grow right now .

Games are fun, with or without prizes...I can even do a prize if needed !

Well, we are waiting on a snowstorm to hit in the morning, schools have already been closed. I hope everyone stays safe and warm that is in its path !

Happy mailboxing to the Bday Buddies !

• cherone7
    14 years ago

Just a note to all who get happies from me:

PLEASE don't say publicly what you get from me.... other than the seeds. Don't wanna spoil the surprise for later month folks!!

Thanks!

CC
    Waiting for the bottom to drop out of the weather AGAIN! This is the SOUTH, guys, it ain't SUPPOSED to get this cold this long!

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday, Frances. I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Jeanne

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you everyone!

Quiet day planned, it is cold outside today, I am planning a nice dinner and a glass or 2 of wine to celebrate!

I received 2 cards yesterday

from Heidi a pretty homemade card (do you have one of those cutting machines?) with a lovely Irish Blessing and Yellow Aster seeds. Thank you Heidi, I will enjoy growing these, Aster is my DH Birth month flower!

from Patti I recieved MY #1 MOST WANTED SEED!!!! the Black Pearl! and some other Pretty Peppers to keep them company, Variagated Pepper (never seen this) and Maui Purple Pepper. She also send Grape tomato (I do not have the packets handy and cannot remember its name), but I just cannot wait!!! These small tomatoes hardly ever make it to the kitchen at my house!

There seems to be some interest in Games, so I thought I might challenge you all to a little February Trivia! I have groups of questions, I will post the first today.

This first group is the easiest! Historical people and events for February! Questions are worth 2 points, one for the 'name' or 'event' one for the 'exact date'

1.This American film Actor was well known for his less than perfect face.
    2. Computers 1 humans 0
    3. This Mary's 2nd husband has a very bad day!
    4. The Queen who inspired an "ERA" is wed
    5. This Brittish Band makes its first American appearance
    6. This Canadian born Actor has co-starred with "The King"'s wife
    7. The 13th Colony is founded by this Englishman
    8. He Broke the Sound barrier!
    9. President Rutherford Hayes strikes a blow for Women's Rights!

1. This scientist's theories were the foundation of everything we know about our solar system today!

Have fun! and Happy Mail Boxing Melinda!

Frances

• smitties
    14 years ago

Two more cards for me today. Woohoo I received one from Kathy that contained Double Click cosmos and one from Robin with Summer Dreams cosmos. I can't wait to add these to my cosmos garden this summer. Thanks you, thank you, thank you.

Happy Birthday to you Frances. I hope your birthday is a wonderful one.

Margo

Six inches on snow fell since yesterday. The schools closed yesterday and today. This is when deciding to put our house 250 feet back from the road may have been a bad idea. My poor husband has plowed 7 times in the last 24 hours, mostly due to blowing snow. The winds are supposed to pick up this afternoon and blow so bad, we will have blizzard like conditions but so far, this has not happened. I hope it doesn't as some drifts completely cover the road. My daughter got stuck in a huge snowdrift in the last storm. It was snowing so hard, she didn't realise it was there til she drove through it and got stuck. Hubby had to get her out before the snowplow came or it would have plowed her little Aveo under.

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

I got a bunch of goodies today! You ladies are great!
    Beautiful cards from Smitties, Robin1962, and CC-Cherone7! I also got another surprise from CC besides seeds! Thanks so very much for them! I also got these seeds giant oxheart, rudbeckia, black cherry tomato, New England aster, pink dianthus, and stevia!!! Thanks so very much! Everyone is making my birthday very special!
    Hugs to all, Melinda

• smitties
    14 years ago

CC sent me a wonderful birthday surprise today as well as a package of orange cosmos. I am going to have such a beautiful cosmos garden this year, I can't wait.

Thank you CC

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hooray Melinda! isn't this mailboxing fun! I just love all the little suprizes!

I received cards from cherone7, robin and catrionaa!!! Thanks so much for all of the FABULOUS PEPPERS! I will provide a more detailed list of the seeds later, but for now let me say thanks for the Special Treats!

I hope you are all having a great evening and that the weather is being kind to you!

Frances

• cherone7
    14 years ago

Well, folks, it finally snowed! Most of the schools in the southern part of MS are closed tomorrow. They haven't closed the ones here.... they never do until the morning of. But they are predicting up to 6" or more in the next 24 to 36 hours.

We haven't had THAT much snow since the 80s!!!! And we, the deep South, are NOT prepared for it! (but it's gonna be SO much fun playing in it!! hee hee)

My older niece is 15, and she's never seen THIS much snow! The 7 year old hasn't seen any, really... just what stays on the roofs around here occasionally. Can you just picture being able to INTRODUCE snow to someone???? How FUN it's gonna be!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Good Morning All!!

I have several Thank yous to post.

I have gotten five more cards in the last week but haven't felt good enough to come on and post about them. I do come in and see what's happening but don't always post a message, looking down is difficult for me and I don't type well...so I have to look at the letters to type.

Anyway, The cards really brighten my day!

ilfarac sent me 2 types of dianthus and stocks hot cakes..I can't wait to grow these out.

Cherone sent me seeds for chaste tree, I have tp look these up but I'm sure I'll want it. lol

Catrionaa sent me an unopened package of dianthus spring beauty mix and they are beauties (her card was handmade and gorgeous)

Robin 1962-2008 sent me snapdragon tall mix, they will look great by my mailbox!

and last but not least, Hdiperna sent me true blue pestemon, a beautiful homemade card. I can't wait to have this plant growing in my gardens.

Thank you ladies for sharing your seeds with me, I would never have the selection that I have without my gw friends!!

Lisa (who still hasn't managed to get out and mail to the February b-day girls) Hopefully, this weekend.

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello Everyone!

We get vary little snow here, a few flakes now and again, usually at night that melt when the sun comes up. This year it has actually SNOWED twice with minor accumulation and we are under a third winter storm watch for the season.Practically unheard of!

Winter snow isn't really much to be concerned with around here, its the ice form too much freezing and thawing that can cause problems. The roads get slick, trees fall under the wieght of ice on their limbs, that sort of thing! Not too bad unless you are in an area that loses power (we did 5 years ago for a week) don't want to do that again! BBBRRRR

I hope everyone who is getting Winter Weather is staying safe and warm! Stock up on essentials if you can (the local WallMart is doing a brisk business today!)

Stay Safe and WARM!!! Lisa, lots of time left to mail February cards, no rush. Take care of YOU first!

Happy MailBoxing!

Frances

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

QUIZ UPDATE!

Only one person has submitted any guesses on my quiz so far! She did an excellent job Scoring 12 out of a possible 20 Points!

Come on give it a try!

I will post new clues on Monday! But there will be a penalty! ha ha ha!

Have a wonderful day!

Frances

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am feeling very generous today, (its snowing) so I'll give a free hint.........
    I used a very specific 'DATE' (of the month) range in my search!

Thats it!

Frances

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Trivia Update!

2 participants!

one with a score of 13
    one has 15

Hints comeing tomorrow~

I also wanted to say THANK YOU!!!!

to Ellie!
    what a lovely card and note! It is so nice to get to know you a little better....

to rane-grow, for a lovely greeting card.....

I apologize to both of you, the seed packets gor shuffled and I am not sure who sent what, but there were ornamental peppers, Sweet 100 Toms, Jalapeno and mixed columbine! what a haul!!! Its just like ChRISTMAS all over again! Thank you both so much!
    to Melinda for a lovely card and Apple mint, Aster Florette Champagne and Impatiens Rasberry Swirl!

I better go do something about dinner! I hope you are all safe and warm! Have a terrific evening!

Happy Mailboxing!!!

Frances

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

I also have a big Thank You to 2 more wonderful people!
    Iris-beautiful card and Japanese oxheart tomato and mixed ornamental seeds! Thanks!
    Ellie-a beautiful handmade card with a bookmark, pink wave petunia, and rainbow coleus!! And I love the note! When I get time I will answer for you!
    Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day!
    Thanks to both of you! I love them!
    Hugs, Melinda

• cherone7
    14 years ago

I have a quick question for you experienced gardening folk. I started some seeds earlier this week (Tues or Wed) and ALREADY have had to repot some of them cause they were getting too tall for the Jiffy greenhouse thing. That's less than a week, and I have some very tall, very gangly sprouts. The pumpkins are almost a foot tall already.

That isn't good, is it? What can I do to slow the upward growth so they can fill out some? Is there any hope of getting secondary leaves on plants that tall?

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Cherone7

Sounds to me that your seedlings need more light! I haven't started any annuals yet, (will be starting them today) I know that pumpkins grow fast but wow a foot in a week!!!

:O

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    14 years ago

Don't post more clues--I'm getting answers in soon!

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Three participants so far!

2 tied at 13 one with 15!

I will be posting new clues after lunch, but anyone who submits their first answers after that with get a one point penalty! (1 point subtracted from their initial score)

I am going to put a deadline for this quiz will be tomorrow noon!

Have fun, there wont be any mailboxing today but I hope you all have a terrific holiday!

Frances

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Scores so far:

Deanna 16
    catrionaa 15
    hdiperna 13

The ORIGINAL QUESTIONS + HINTS!

1.This American film Actor was well known for his less than perfect face. "HINT schnozz"
    2. Computers 1 humans 0 - "HINT board game"
    3. This Mary's 2nd husband has a very bad day! "HINT Assasination"
    4. The Queen who inspired an "ERA" is wed " this one is too easy for a hint!"
    5. This Brittish Band makes its first American appearance "HINT The Invasion begins"
    6. This Canadian born Actor has co-starred with "The King"'s wife (HINT silver haired comedian!)
    7. The 13th Colony is founded by this Englishman ( HINT I always think of Peaches)
    8. He Broke the Sound barrier! (TOO EASY FOR A HINT)
    9. President Rutherford Hayes strikes a blow for Women's Rights! (HINT - the LAW)

1. This scientist's theories were the foundation of everything we know about our solar system today! (HINT he built a high powered telescope to view the stars)

Point penalty of 1 point for anyone who starts now!
    Reminder Each question is worth 2 points 1 for the Names/Events and 1 for the DATE

Cut off for answers noon (Eastern Time) Tuesday!

Have a great day everyone!

Frances

• smitties
    14 years ago

And my birthday just keeps getting better. This time it is because Melinda has helped my cosmos garden grow by sending me birthday greetings with double click rose bonbon and white cosmos as well as a pack of Goldilocks rudbeckia. Thank you Melinda.

Now if spring would only come, I would be one happy gardeners. I am sooooo over winter. I want it to end now! I really need to get a growing light and start getting dirty. LOL

No snow here yet today but a couple inches is on the way. There is a southern storm here in Ohio that has stalled my sons traveling back home to South Carolina. He was in Cincinnati overnight and was smart enough this morning to decide to wait til tomorrow to complete the trip.

Stay warm everyone. Margo

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here are the answers to the quiz!

All questions were worth 2 points, #2 and #3 had a bonus point!

1 Jimmy Durante, Feb 10, 1893
    2 IBM supercomputer Deep Blue defeats Garry Kasparov for the first time Feb 10, 1996, the Game was Chess, (+bonus point for 'game')
    3 Mary Queen of Scots 2nd husband is found strangled (foul play is suspected :O)Henry Stewart, Lord Darnley Feb 10 1567 (+bonus point for both names and date)
    4 Queen Victoria gets marries Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Feb 10, 1840
    5 The Beatles first American performance Feb, 1964
    6 Leslie Neilson, Actor Feb 11, 1922
    7 Oglethorpe. Georgia became the 13th colony Feb 12 1733
    8 Chuck Yeager, Pilot Born Feb 13, 1927
    9 President Hayes signs a bill allowing women Attorneys to argue cases before the supreme court! Feb 15 1879

I will be back shortly after I tally up the answers!!! Congrats to all who played!

I hope you are all enjoying good weather! It has been sunny but cold here for the past 2 days.... brrrr!

Happy MailBoxing!

Frances

10 Galileo, February 15, 1564

• smitties
    14 years ago

Another card today!!!!!

This one was a tricky one from Annie. I opened it to find pretty birthday confetti falling out. What a neat surprise. She also included chocolate morning glory and chocolate nicotina as well as cosmidium "phillipine". These are going to be great in my garden.

Darn post office, although she had it clearly marked hand cancel, they still put it through the machine. There was bubble wrap too so she did a good job of packaging. It only crushed a couple of the morning glory seeds and cosmidium but all but pulverized the nicotina. I think there may be a couple that made it through and if only one germinates, that will be fine with me. I can always get the seeds for more.

Thank you Annie. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. Margo

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Margo...obviously there was not enough bubble wrap. I had another piece in their and I took it out. What a fool I am. So much for the post office reassuring me it would be hand canceled for 64 cents. I never really believe them when they say it but I guess I want too. I apologize!!

I just got home and found in my mailbox, a big envelope that I had taken to the post office three weeks ago to be mailed. There is no reason on the envelope as to why they returned it to me. There is obviously enough postage as they weighed it. I send to this person all the time...the address is correct. I have no idea why they returned this to me and I am not a mind reader! I am a bit miffed at my buddies at the PO right now!

Margo.....I will send you more seeds!!!!

Tiz vino time for me! And the men are dancing at the Olympics...

Have a great evening!!

Annie

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Afternoon!!!

Still running like a chicken around here, just wanted to let you all know that we ended with a TIE!!!

Deanna and Hiedi each finished with 18 points in the quiz! Watch your mailboxes next week for your prize!

Annie
    please enjoy a little vino for me! Hard to get interesting wine around here.

Margo,
    sorry to hear your seeds arrived crushed, the PO seems take pleasure in abusing packages sometimes, I can see no rhyme or reason to it!

Gotta run, working on a deadline! Happy mailboxing everyone!

Frances

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Good Morning Ladies!

I got my SPECIAL package of items that we are not allowed to say...Thank you! I will put them to good use.

Annie, Thank you for the card with the confetti, it wasn't expected. I actually was startled because I thought that the seeds were falling out for a second. She sent me gazania kiss and tell, OMG, I can't remember. I'll post when I go and check the other two packets.

Lisa

• cherone7
    14 years ago

"I just got home and found in my mailbox, a big envelope that I had taken to the post office three weeks ago to be mailed. There is no reason on the envelope as to why they returned it to me. There is obviously enough postage as they weighed it. I send to this person all the time...the address is correct. I have no idea why they returned this to me and I am not a mind reader! I am a bit miffed at my buddies at the PO right now!"

I was sending a 9x12 envelope last week.... REGULAR envelope, not even bubble!!!.... with 1 sheet of paper in it (part of a grant I'm doing). The postman sent it back TWICE saying it didn't have enough postage! He said because of the size of the envelope, I had to put _3_ stamps on it! For ONE SHEET OF PAPER! I talked to him when it had 2 stamps and told him to at least try... that if it didn't go through then I'd put it in a smaller envelope.

That is SO ludicrous to me! I realize that the USPS is taking a big hit from email and instant messaging, but that's no reason to take it out on those of us loyal enough to keep using them!!!

(PS. Winter update: We FINALLY got snow last Friday... enough to actually close schools! The nieces got to make snowmen that actually lasted through 4 days of above freezing temps! WOW!)

• Kathy Bull
    14 years ago

I understand your frustration, cherone7. The 9x12 envie is considered a 'flat' by the PO and has to have more postage on it. Doesn't matter that it only has one pc of paper in it, it's the size. They have letter sorting machines and flat sorting machines, so they have to have separate rates, too. They have had separate rates as long as I can remember.

I don't get the problem with the big envie being returned, esp. after three weeks. Wonder where it's been hiding all this time?? Sitting on a shelf somewhere waiting for someone to return it?

I'm a little worried about one of the Birthday envies I sent for Feb. Melinda, I hope you got it!

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Margo, I sent some more seeds your way on Friday. I hope they look like "seeds" when you get them.

I will head over to the PO in the next few days to see why my envelope came back to me. And why it took three weeks. I am rather curious to hear what they say.................

Happy Sunday!

Annie

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Lisa.....were your seeds delivered as seeds or dust? Let me know. If they were destoyed, I would like to send you replacements!

TATA,

Annie

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days, seemed like things were slowing down a bit, so I let it slide, please feel free to berate me for my negligence!

The weather has been warm and sunny here for a few days and I have been puttering outdoors a bit! Supposed to be mid 60's here today! Can't wait to get outside~ I hope those of you in northern areas are getting a bit of relief from the snow, I spoke to my sister in Nova Scotia this morning and it is snowing there this morning!

I hope you will all have a wonderful day today!

Frances

• smitties
    14 years ago

I haven't checked on here since I last posted and Annie, you didn't not need to send more seeds. When I posted, I didn't mean to sound like I wanted replacements, that is why I mentioned one seed would be enough if germinated. It was thoughtful of you and I will make it up to you come your birthday :)

Cherone, I really don't understand the post office. I went in one day and because my envelope was larger and thicker, the gal said they consider it a package!!! I know email is taking money from the po but I send more packages than I ever had. Ebay and on line purchases should certainly make up a lot of the difference plus I see no slowdown in the amount of junk mail I receive. I just can't believe they are losing money. What are they doing with it is my question?

Frances, I certainly am not going to berate you but instead, I envy you being able to get out and garden. I know my husband is visiting my son in South Carolina and soaking up a lot of sun. I am so anxious to get out and garden that I started some cat grass for my cats today. It is too early to even start seeds indoors here. I have a bad case of spring fever. You just go out and enjoy the sun.

Happpy day to everyone. Margo

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Margo

:O

You can come and visit me if you need a break from the cold/snow! We wil probably have a few more little cold bits to keep us oon our toes, but winter is over here! I am always trying to entice my family, but they think it is too hot here (sometimes they are right) Personally I'm thinking Annie has the best climate (why is it always more comfortable on the west coast?) Maybe I'll have to come and camp on her stoop!

Well I guess I best start thinking about dinner, sunshine always makes me want to cook out! hmmmmmm

Have a wonderful evening everyone! Spring is coming!

Frances

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Margo,

I know you did not ask or expect replacements but........I sent you some seeds anyways. I was out of Nicotiana "Hot Chocolate".

Frances,

Yes, our climate is wonderful. I got so much done outside today. No snow, no ice..overcast, but great gardening weather. We are supposed to get a bit of rain tonight...we will see! I would love for it to pour!!!!!!!

Pop on over, we'll have some wine. A house is not a home without some vino. I even have a bed for you...LOL! The snakes might get you on the front porch. They love to hang out on the bricks! ICK!!!!

Off to make dinner!

Annie

• w9yards
    14 years ago

I finally mailed cards! I don't know why I have been so slow. I bought the cards several weeks ago but have been so indecisive on what seeds to buy. Finally decided to just make a decision and mail them.
    It has been a rainy year for us compared to normal. I have been busy planting on dry days. I am currently harvesting tons of citrus, strawberries, and winter crops like swiss chard and broccoli. I planted a lot of garlic this year and they look great and are about 4 or 5 inches tall. My tomato seedlings are about 5" tall and just got repotted. I even have one crazy pepper and one eggplant from last year that are still producing. It rarely freezes here so plants get fooled on what time of year it is. I leave the tomatoes outside on warm days and bring them in at dusk to go under lights for a while. It is fun to have a garden growing year round but you certainly don't have any down time!

Happy Birthday to all of the January and February celebrants!

w9yards

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Afternoon Birthday Buddies!!!!

Deanna has started the March thread, so do pop over there and start perusing those lists! Yippee more seeds will be flying soon!

Annie,
    I am on my way, do save a glass of vino for me! I love a good chardonay! ( or a nice lite verde or even a little pinot) Difficult to get interesting wine here at the market! and thank you so much for the lovely card! So absolutely Perfect for me (lol) I am really looking forward to Superfine Rainbow Coleus, Pepper - Cherry Bomb! and Balcony Petunia! I expect to have the "Hottest" garden in the neighborhood!!!! ha ha ha!!!!

It is cool and wet here today, the weather man has been talking about the fact that we have had the coolest/wettest winter since 1963!!! I don't know about that, but it is the worst I have seen in the 10 years I have lived in NC! But I don't care spring is coming!!!!

Have a terrific evening everyone!!!

Frances

• smitties
    14 years ago

Frances, I just might take you up on it. We received some more snow late last night and then it turned to freezing rain but my morning, was all rain. I have definitely had enough!!!!! Really thinking the Carolinas just might be good for retiring in a few years. Unless you get snakes on the porch too. Eeeek

Margo

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

I posted a Thank you to Annie for the great card and seeds earlier! Guess I forgot to hit the submit or something as it is gone!
    So Thank YOu!! Wonderful card, loved it. Also had nyagous tomato seeds, cherry brandy rudbeckia, and rose wizard coleus seeds! Thanks so much! Melinda

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Hello Ladies.

I finally had a good day and got out for stamps. My February AND March cards will fly the coup in the am, I forgot to bring the Februaries with me so they will all go together!

Snow flurries here and another big storm on it's way...ugh!

Have a great night
    Lisa

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning Birthday Buddies!!!!

Well I guess its a wrap!

I would like to thank you all again for a wonderful turnout, I haven't recieved this many Birthday Cards since the 3rd Grade!!!

The Quiz prizes are in the mail! Thanks for playing February Trivia!

Time to move on to our March Birthdays! Deanna has already started a new thread, so pop over there and post any new messages and check out the March Birthday Wishes!!!

Happy Mailboxing everyone

Frances!

• smitties
    14 years ago

I received belated birthday wishes today from Diane (w9yards) along with seeds to do a stir fry themed garden. What a great idea. She included Basil, (Thai Siam Queen), Pepper Chile, (Santaka Hot Asian), and Bean Pole Asparagus, (Liana Yard Long). She also included copies of the packaging. The description of the vegies flavors sound really good. Thanks Diane. I can't wait to add these to my gardens.

Margo

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Frances, It's not over yet!

I hope you February b-day buddies like what I had to share.

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

I'm going to post my Thank you here because January hjas faded away.... I got another card...YAY

W9yards sent me a cute card with tall snapdragons and heirloom cupid sweet peas.

Thank you Diane for sharing your seeds with me on my b-day!! I look forward to growing them out.

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Wow, I rec'd more cards and wonderful seeds! You all have made my birthday very special!
    Lisa sent a beautiful card with fireweed and burgundy scabiosa!! I am sure they will look wonderful when grown!
    Diane sent me a cute card with pink oxheart tomatoes and yard long asparagus beans! I am thrilled with both!
    Thank you so much! Hugs, Melinda

• Frances Coffill
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well what do you know!!!I thought it was all over and the cards are still rolling in!!!

Thank you to LISA!!! She sent me a lovely card with 2 types of Basil (I have never seen Africa Blue CANT WAIT!!), Hakone Whate double balloon Flowers!!! Fabulous!! and "The Black Pearl"

Well today is the last day of the month!

I wan't to thank you all for sharing yourselves and your gardens with one another! It has been a pleasure to make new friends and get to know each of you a just a little bit better!

Happy Mailboxing!

Frances

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

I want to thank all of you again for making this month special for me and my garden!! I will enjoy each and every seed sent to me!
    May you have birthdays as blessed as mine! Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Melinda