Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattygrow5

UPDATE: #6 4th annual whats left on my want list swap

pattygrow5
15 years ago

Hi all I got e-mails from both people that the envies were sent the same day connie mailed hers with this weather mail can take longer I have been working on seeds girls it takes a long time to go thru that many seeds I need you to remember you all wanted to extend the date for send in.It will be worth the wait you will see. I am working every spare moment getting very little sleep.I need to get back to the seeds.

Patty

Comments (150)

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Is it a homeopathic/medicinal plant (like echinacea)? No I wasn't really sure HOW to answer it, I started to put maybe but since I said yes or no questions only, it was hard for me to answer because I had researched this ONE and nothing says you can use this ONE Green Wizard Rudbeckia as a homeopathic/medicinal herb... I also wasn't expecting such a complex question either....SO if this threw anyone off I am truly sorry. I don't use plants in this manner to me their just pretty plants (flowers in general) to me anyway so I am not sure what are good for this purpose and what aren't so again IF I threw ANYONE off I apologize I am not an herblist :(

Congrats to SUE you go girl.

PATTY, Good grief girl!!! Don't get lost in those seeds! Gosh yeah I wish we could have gotten pics! What does that many look like anyway? A small mountain?

Annette, I hope you mend quickly...ouch, ouch, ouch!

Angie, I am glad you are on the mend, don't go thinking it is all better and start using it too much either. That will just make it worse.

Wooohooo, we all are going to be in seed heaven soon...I bet Patty thinks it's a nightmare...hehe, sorry Patty.

:)Fran

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Shoot, I knew I was forgeting something: seedbandito howdy to you, that was awful nice of you to pass along and I remmeber you, hope you remember me as well and if you are not reading this thread I hope Patty will pass on our many thanks to you for helping out our addictions...hehe

Many thanks....

:) Fran

• stage_rat
    15 years ago

Well! If I had known we had a seed fairy adding in to the stash, I'm SURE my guess would have been something more...like... 8550!!! :)

That was a tricky plant to guess, Echinacea did cross my mind once the mystery plant's native status was mentioned, but I thought it had been ruled out. (but that was just one of many guesses that crossed my mind)

Maybe we could have answers of yes, no, and "umm...maybe", and maybe tells us that we need to ask follow-ups? It's just a thought, I'll play the game no matter what! Also, I really thought when you said "family," you meant botanical family! So I was trying to think of some plant that truly only bloomed in one color, but had somewhat distantly related plants with different colors. At one point I was thinking prickly pear cactus, because I think it only blooms yellow, and its cactus relatives bloom in white.

I'm ready for the next challenge, whenever you are!

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Garden newbies have no chance of ever winning the plant trivia stuff... gosh, I feel sooo dumb!.... I've spent hours and hours of research online just trying to figure out what was on people's have and want lists... LOL... I'm trying to make up for 35 years of not gardening all in a few months time here... I'm starting to get a headache! LOL

Blessings,
    Angela

15 years ago

BTW, sorry for taking down my list... I did put up a link back on my page to my original want list since I'm still trying to update my list.

Blessings,
    Angela

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all I did not add the seeds from seedbandito to the total I thought it should only be the total sent in from us
    have to go to work once again
    Hi Sue this is for you specially I love you but
    GO STEELERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Patty

• kilngod
    15 years ago

Way to go Sue!!! After you get your seeds from Patty, check out my list and see what 10 you would like for your prize (since some of my seeds will likely already be in your package).

Just for fun:

patrob came in 2nd
    I came in 3rd (I just had to figure out where I was!)
    ptp813 came in 4th

These above were all within a couple hundred packs. Pretty great guesses!

Thanks to everyone who placed a bet. This was great fun for me and I hope for you all too! I kept thinking, "I'll bet we're all waaaay off, and it's gonna be something like 13,000." We did a great job with a bet spread of 5,401 - 11,500....and 8555 is within a few packs of SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE!!!!!!

Wow.

--Tina

• stage_rat
    15 years ago

Well! If I had known _not_ to factor in the seed fairy's contribution, I'm sure my estimate would have been more...like...8550! :)

When's the next 21 questions starting?

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Fran - I'm so sorry, I didn't mean anything by my post. This is all supposed to be fun anyway. The question just threw me off...and I'm sure I wouldn't have guessed it anyway....didn't even know there was a green envy coneflower...It's Beautiful by the way and I want some!!!..but no need for apologies here...I'm just lurking and having fun reading through the posts.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I know you didn't mean anything, but I was torn with how to answer it too, because it is listed as a Rudbeckia and not Echinacea and I do not know how closely related they are...I knew it was going to throw off someone either way I answered it...and i truly didn't want anyone to think I meant to mess up either way...LOL. So I thought I would throw out the I'm sorry before it was too late...hehe, covering my...well yeah you know :)

HEY where are Sassy/Nikki they are posed to be putting up a nother round...maybe they can't agree one which one they want to do...lol

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Ok all, please be patient. Wendy and I are emailing back and forth. Nah, We are not arguing. I think the problem is we are both so darn agreeable - hehe. We will come up with something real soon. I promise. Nik

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Nikki, I SHOULD have known that was the case!!! I can see you too school girls chatting away in the back of the classroom...LOL.

Don't make us wait to long, the natives get restless....LOL

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

lol :P

I actually just got on for the FIRST time today.. which is amazing for me.. spent the day outside!!!!! and family night of playing cranium and guitar hero w/ the kids.. had alotta fun! I had emailed nikki back just a bit ago and told her to go ahead and decide since she'd been trying to reach me since earlier today. (oops!) lol

Hugs,
    Wendy

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Ok - we've decided. So let the questions begin! Nik

15 years ago

Question: Is it edible?

Guess: Is it a Kale walking stick? hee hee

Blessings,
    Angela

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Is it grown as an ornamental?

• kilngod
    15 years ago

Is it perennial?

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Is it edible? Only one part and in small doses
    Is it grown as an ornamental? Yes
    Is it perennial? Yes, in the warmer zones

It is not:
    Kale walking stick

Had to look some of this up:) Nik

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Is it Asclepias speciosa - Torr.
    Showy Milkweed?

If not is it a small shrub?

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

is it an amaranthus of some type?
    Patty

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Is it grown for its flowers ?

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

Ok, Patty this is IT!!!

You must admit, if the Steelers lose it would be a disappointment-- a hard fought season for sure.

But. . . . . . if the Cardinals lose it may be another 50 years before you see us again - LOL!

I must admit, I've stubbornly NOT been a Cardinals fan (I wanted an expansion team )(much as I like Kurt Warner immensely-- what a guy!) but you've got to admit this is Kismet!

Bertrand Berry who has worked so hard for so long for such a team . . .. . everyone who has come together at the end as a TRUE team . .. they deserve their day...........
    So Patty, GO CARDINALS and...........if you ever make it out to Phoenix, it's my treat for a day just to make up for our ..........................WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue G.

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

Is it nasturtium?

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Is it a small shrub? Yes, it can be grown in that form
    Is it an amaranthus of some type? No
    Is it grown for its flowers? Not really, no

It is not:
    Kale walking stick
    Asclepias speciosa - Torr.
    Amaranthus
    Nasturtium

Yall are asking some great questions... Nikki

• ollierose
    15 years ago

Whoop whoop - props to the winners! I am so happy for both of you! :)

I know, I know. I'm late in posting altogether, but I've been a busy wintersowing bee - I'm up to 172 containers and this is my first year wintersowing! I am just loving it! I was worried about being overwhelmed, but I've just taken it in steps and really find it fun and theraputic!

I am waiting VERY patiently for my seeds from this swap, because I know just what a HUGE undertaking this has been for Patty, but I am really excited to see what I get and wish I could be a fly on the wall when everyone else gets their envies (as I'm sure everyone else is!)

I truly appreciate the opportunity to participate in this swap and know that I will have some really SUPER trade buddies in addition to those I aleready have! Thank you so much Patty, you truly are the best! And thank you to everyone else - it wouldn't be the same without all of you!

Diana :)

15 years ago

Question: Does it bloom yellow?

Guess: Is it Cape Gooseberry or Ground Cherry?

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

GO STEELERS!

15 years ago

Okay.... I can't let that one go, Angie! ;-)

{{gwi:1239252}}

Blessings,
    Angela

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sue and Angela
    TOUCHDOWN
    10-0 the good guys
    on the way to our six pack
    Love Ya
    Patty and Angie

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Here we go!;)

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

A Ha! I found a big fancy one too!...lol..

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Oh goodness! I can't even say anything pertaining to the superbowl game - I'm football illiterate. LOL
    I was waiting to see if Wendy would answer the last question. I googled it. I did find a yellow bloom pic on the mystery plant but I have NEVER seen one before...

Is it a small shrub? Yes, it can be grown in that form
    Is it an amaranthus of some type? No
    Is it grown for its flowers? Not really, no
    Does it bloom yellow? Um yes sometimes

It is not:
    Kale walking stick
    Amaranthus
    Nasturtium
    Cape Gooseberry
    Ground Cherry

Hope everyone is enjoying watching the superbowl. I'm about to go check out the commercials:) Nik

• stage_rat
    15 years ago

Is it Saint John's Wort?

• dorisl
    15 years ago

is it fragrant?

15 years ago

Is it a type of cactus?

Angie, you got me good there, girl!

Patty, looks like you are raving big time right about now.... I just moped through the entire half time show... :-(

Blessings,
    Angela

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

1. Is it edible? Only one part and in small doses
    2. Is it grown as an ornamental? Yes
    3. Is it perennial? Yes, in the warmer zones
    4. Is it a small shrub? Yes, it can be grown in that form
    5. Is it an amaranthus of some type? No
    6. Is it grown for its flowers? Not really, no
    7. Does it bloom yellow? Um yes sometimes
    8. Is it fragrant? Yes

It is not:
    Kale walking stick
    Amaranthus
    Nasturtium
    Cape Gooseberry
    Ground Cherry
    St John's Wort
    Cactus

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

Angela

How can you mope through Bruce Springsteen!!??

Cheer up, things may be turning our way (hope hope)

Sue

• stage_rat
    15 years ago

Is the edible part for medicine/herbal remedy?

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

oh NOOOOOOOOOO, NOT A safety !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhh man, this will be a rough last 3mins.

Nikki is it Stevia ?

Does it grow higher then 12 inches ?

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

Waaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sue if you ever get to Pittsburgh it's my treat for a day just to make up for our ..........................WIN!!!!!
    and I'll take you to see the trophy and introduce you to Mayor Steelerstahl my son used to play little league with him.LOL Maybe next year
    Patty

15 years ago

Awwww.... MAN! That was a very exciting last 3 minutes! Congratulations Steelers and their fans! They played a great game.

Blessings,
    Angela

15 years ago

Guess: Is it baneberry?

I'm obsessed with figuring out what this is!!!

Question: Does it usually grown wild or as a native plant?

Blessings,
    Angela

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Wooo Hooo! It was a great game! Both teams played well!

Right now the whole city is lit up...literally! Fireworks,car horns and lots of hootin' and hollerin'!

Kym,you should know the last 10 minutes of a Steeler game is when all the action happens!;)

My son thinks there should be no school or work tomorrow because we won...lol...

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Angie the schools have a 2 hour delay it is crazy I live fairly close to the city and it is crazy everwhere and my daughter goes to Pitt but the Titusville campus boy am I glad she isn't at the main campus did you see all the craziness in oakland the fires in the street they are arresting some now. we do take the super bowl seriously I work in downtown Pittsburgh it will be rockiny tomorrow.
    Patty

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Thought Bruce sounded great tonight!

Can the branches creep up a trellis like a vine?

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Is it cassava, yuca, manioc, mogo or mandioca? ALL the same plant just known by different names.

IF not, Do you eat it's fruit?

• dorisl
    15 years ago

was I the only one watching Bruce on you-tube last night afterwards?

:)
    D

• vikingkirken
    15 years ago

Hehe... I'm probably the only one on here who just watched the ads afterwards... just not into the Superbowl when my team's not in it! And I'm really more of a baseball fan... only 10 days til Spring Training!

Lori