Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elliesfun

Where is the MNF group?

elliesfun
13 years ago

Margo and I were just commenting that we haven't heard of anyone organizing this years swaps? Any interest?

Ellie

Comments (22)

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Things seem a bit slow around here but picking up.
    Yes, let's get going.
    bb

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi there!
    I was in a couple of MNF swaps last year.

Should we have a calendar for people to pick a month they would like to host?

Is January too late?

Maybe we could start with February?

February:
    March:
    April: flowergirl34 (I'll take this one if it's okay?) Thinking about a clean out your seed stash swap?
    May:
    June:
    July:
    August:
    September:
    October:
    November:
    December:

Any other takers? :)
    vina

• Debra Andruska
    13 years ago

Vina,
    If it would be a round robin type of swap, I'm in! That would be a lot of fun. That way- whatever seeds we don't need/want we add to the box. Instead of sending our swap Pal's something that they don't need/want. We could always do this earlier too (in Feb.) Just an idea!

Deb

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Is April too late for that? It takes quite a while for them to get around, even if the chain is limited to eight or ten.
    Just a thought FWIW.
    Bethb

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I would love to do October if it is not taken. Thanks Vina for getting this started.

Ellie

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Well I see we are off to a great start!

Ellie, I think you were the one to get this started :)

Updated List**

February:
    March:
    April: flowergirl34
    May:
    June:
    July:
    August:
    September:
    October: farmergirl2009
    November:
    December:

Anyone else...come on!! It's FUN!

Dan, where are you? I know you'd love to sign up for one...huh...would ya :)

Deb, I was thinking we could list the seeds that we have on the thread and then people could pick and choose what they would like from everyone's lists. Then we could bag up according to names of who chose what. Everyone could send there bubblies into me, I rebag everything and send it out...does that make sense to anyone besides me???

Have a great night!
    vina

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Sorry Kids, but these wintertime blues are knocking me down at the moment. When I can keep busy I'm okay, but then I sit down, like now, and the deeper the snow gets, the lower my mood gets. Right now would be a good time to post a swap for February, but I just can't think of any ideas for one.
    I was doing pretty good earlier today while reading up on square foot gardening, so I think that's what I'm going to go do now, more reading.
    Good Luck!
    -Dan

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Hi everyone -

I participated in the December swap for the first time, but I hadn't heard anything for 2011. I am hosting the OBF swap this month and am just starting to feel better recovering from a some upper respitory issues. I would gladly participate in February. I too think it is late to start with January. I am a little new to the group this year, so I won't offer to host just yet.

Sue N.

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

OK I'll do Feb with a theme of "my favorite things" which in my mind translates to things that i love.
    I want this to be affordable so I'm going to sat it MUST fit into a small flat rate priority box. The $4.95 size.
    If this is agreeable, I'll post a thread for sign ups in a few days.
    Dan and Sue, hope you get feeling better soon.
    It was 68 degrees here today and the snow had finally gone away. YEAH!!!!!
    bb

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

I will take October if that's okay. My favorite!
    Alana

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

Uh oh. I missed farmergirl having Halloween. That's fine. I will take September. That's a nice harvest month too.
    Alana

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Morning everybody!!

**Updated List**

February: beth_b_kodiak "My Favorite Things"
    March:
    April: flowergirl34 "No Limit Clean Out Your Seed Stash"
    May:
    June:
    July:
    August:
    September:
    November:
    December:

Sue, you are doing a fantastic job hosting for the OBF January swap. If you have the time please consider one of these months too :)

Alana, Ellie has October. Do you want to pick another...please :)

Dan, sorry to hear you have the winter blah's. But keep us in mind and think spring!

For those of you lurking and considering taking a month, you don't need a theme when you sign up. Just pick a month and use your imagination. I've only hosted a couple of swaps last year myself...but you only know how fun they are if you just jump in!

Happy Tuesday!
    vina

• smitties
    13 years ago

I will take May. This will be "Recycle, Reduce, Reuse". I have the idea and now I have some time to do the planning.

Margo

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

Vina we posted at about the same time. I will take September.
    Thanks, Alana

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hey everyone! Just checking in :)

Alana, too funny! We posted almost at the exact same time and I didn't have time to recheck the thread. Sorry about that. Got you down for September.

**Updated List**

February: beth_b_kodiak "My Favorite Things"
    March:
    April: flowergirl34 "No Limit Clean Out Your Seed Stash"
    May: smitties "Recycle, Reduce, Reuse"
    June:
    July:
    August:
    September: poisondartfrog
    November:
    December:

Thank you so much to everyone who has signed up so far.
    Only need 6 more host/hostess to go...

Talk to you later.
    vina

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Morning everybody!
    Just hoping to give this a little bumpety bump :)

• diene
    13 years ago

Was not in my plans at all but I will take March as that is one of the longest winter months and we have great things like St. Pat's Day.... I may be heading to Hawaii for a visit but that is not firmed up yet and they have the internet there also. So Erin Go Bragh, I will take March.
    diene

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi everyone!
    I am starting a new thread just for the schedule. If your interested in hostess"ing" please post there. :)

Have a great night all!

And thanks diene for taking March :0)
    vina

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

Good morning all!

Is there an on going member list that I can be added to or is it unformal and you just sign up for any and/or all MNF monthly swaps? This sounds like a lot of fun with different themes!

Thanks!

Em

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

Informal as all get out, Em. People just drift in and out as we have time and inclination and new people are welcome to join in at any time.
    By the way, this all started with Diene a few years ago and has launched many a trader's career, lol.
    Alana

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

I am hosting the OBF for August, so I was thinking I could host May for the MNF. I don't have a theme in mind yet, but I think I can come up with one. I love May and it's my birthday month, so if it's ok with everyone sign me up to host May and I will think of a spring topic meanwhile.

Sue N.

• smitties
    13 years ago

Sue N, I have already signed up for May.

There is a new posting started for the rest of the available months for hosting.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roundrobin/msg0117485130909.html?4

TO ALL: don't post for a hosting position on here, go to the above posting and I believe we only have June and November left so hurry on over.

Smitties

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH