Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
austinnhanasmom

NEW: Incredible Heirlooms Totally Tomatoes February Sig

austinnhanasmom
13 years ago

NEW: Incredible Heirlooms Totally Tomatoes February Sign Up

Welcome to the Heirlooms Totally Tomatoes Swap! This swap is replacing Christy�s swap. I make NO promises to duplicate Christy�s amazing ability to find so many of your wants, but I�ll do my best to make the swap a success.

Sign up deadline is February 8th. Seeds must be received by February 25th. (cut and pasted from last year�s swap because I loved the rules!)

All are welcome! Oldies and Newbies!

Of course, this is a swap of tomato seeds only. Please send only tomato seeds that are heirlooms and/or OP's, NO hybrids.

This will be a mass swap, where everyone will send in all their seeds to me and will sort and then resend.

Please send your seeds in a BUBBLE MAILER! You do not need to send an extra envelope. I will reuse the envelope that you sent your seeds in!

In the envelope, please include:

1. Your seeds of course

2. A label with your address on it for me to put on your return envelope

3. Enough postage to get your package back to you.

4. A list of all the seeds you are GIVING. You may also send a list of some of your wants or preference of types of tomato seeds you would like back. THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL RECIEVE YOUR REQUESTS! Although, I will work hard to give you what I can. The success of this swap depends on what is sent in.

RULES:

~generally 12-15 seeds per packet, but lower amounts will be accepted

Also, feel free to add any bulk seed or any seed that would be considered extras to donate to the swap. Just mark which ones are extras to go into the pot.

~ Please send seeds that are no more then 3 years old.

~ On your packet labels, please include the following info:

1. Tomato Variety Name

2. Whether they are commercial or if they were hand collected

3. Your GW Name (So you don�t receive your own seeds!)

~ I will try to divvy up seeds fairly. The more variety you send, the more variety you will get back. The more interesting your seeds are, the more interesting the seeds returned, if possible.

~5 packs of the same type maximum.

~ Seeds need to be received by February 25th.

~ Returned seeds will be mailed February 28th.

This has been a great swap for the past two years and I hope to continue the success. Please come and join in the fun!

Any questions, just ask!

Happy Gardening �

Deb (austinnhanasmom)

follow-ups should come to me email, but please PM me if I don't respond to your post.

Comments (102)

• fwbfig
    13 years ago

Count me in please and thanks. Jim

• pondgardener
    13 years ago

...a little late to the party, but please include me. Thanks. George

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Welcome Jim and George!

Most Updated List:

anhsmom
    patti1957
    sassybutterfly_2008
    appaloosa909
    highalttransplant
    rosieo
    sunnyk
    opie12
    GretchensGarden
    dirtdiggin
    sandysgardens
    clay_lady
    habitat_gardener
    Jeff24
    Chris_NH_4
    purpleacres
    kygreg
    ilazria
    gjcore
    Louise84
    az_pamperedchef
    fwbfig
    pondgardner

Stay Warm All!

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

pondgardner - the email that I tried to send you got kicked back. Please email me again -

Deb

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Well.. with the additions from my WLOMWL swap.. I think I am officially in the TOMATO FREAK ZONE! Wow, thankyou Deb!!!

Now, someone pls tell me why, when I KNOW that I have more than enough tomatoes for this season, so much so that I will have them coming outta my ears.. someone pls tell me WHY I am still in another tomato swap!?!?

Oh yea.. cuz I'm a TOMATO FREAK ZONE kinda chic.. that's why!

I think I'm seriously addicted here.. my kids are starting to wonder about me..lol

~Wendy

• highalttransplant
    13 years ago

My bubble envie went out this afternoon. Let's see if mine get there as fast as Sandy's : )

• purpleacres
    13 years ago

Howdee

Can you resend email so I have addy. My computer crashed and I lost emails. Thanks Acres

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Highalttransplant's arrived today!! Good to see that the envies can come over the mountains faster then from MN!!

I also received envies from Gary and Greg - sorry for the late reply!!

I think I have forwarded my address to everyone. Please email me if I have not.

Thanks ALL!

• Jay_NY
    13 years ago

just joined GW and saw this! too late? I can send my heirloom seeds priority mail tomorrow and would arrive wednesday, thursday the latest from ny to CO? If not no biggie - will catch it next year - tks - jay

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Welcome Jay -

No need to send priority. If you mail soon, you'll easily make the 2/25 deadline.

Most Updated List:

anhsmom
    patti1957
    sassybutterfly_2008
    appaloosa909
    highalttransplant
    rosieo
    sunnyk
    opie12
    GretchensGarden
    dirtdiggin
    sandysgardens
    clay_lady
    habitat_gardener
    Jeff24
    Chris_NH_4
    purpleacres
    kygreg
    ilazria
    gjcore
    Louise84
    az_pamperedchef
    fwbfig
    pondgardner
    Jay_NY

Happy Valentine's Day

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Today I received packets from Patty and George!

I love when my tiny mail box is overstuffed with seed envies!

• appaloosa909
    13 years ago

I mailed my seeds out today.

• az_pamperedchef
    13 years ago

I mailed out my seeds today!

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Most Updated List:

RECEIVED:
    anhsmom
    patti1957
    highalttransplant
    opie12
    GretchensGarden
    sandysgardens
    habitat_gardener
    Jeff24
    purpleacres
    kygreg
    ilazria
    gjcore
    fwbfig
    pondgardener
    Jay_NY

IN THE MAIL:
    appaloosa909
    az_pamperedchef

AWAITING: (please let me know if I should have these or if they are in the mail - THANKS)
    sassybutterfly_2008
    rosieo
    sunnyk
    dirtdiggin
    clay_lady
    Chris_NH_4
    Louise84

Have a great weekend -

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Mine will be going out on Monday! I was hoping to get a seed order in to add to my pkts sent but they're being s-l-o-w.. didn't get to send as many pkts in as I'd hoped but that's alright. I don't think I'll be suffering tomato-less this summer! :)

~Wendy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Ok.. mine will be going out Tuesday! I forgot that today the post office is closed..

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Most Updated List:

RECEIVED:
    anhsmom
    patti1957
    highalttransplant
    opie12
    GretchensGarden
    sandysgardens
    habitat_gardener
    Jeff24
    purpleacres
    kygreg
    ilazria
    gjcore
    fwbfig
    pondgardener
    Jay_NY

IN THE MAIL:
    appaloosa909
    az_pamperedchef
    sassybutterfly_2008
    dirtdiggin

AWAITING: (please let me know if I should have these or if they are in the mail - THANKS)
    rosieo
    sunnyk
    clay_lady
    Chris_NH_4
    Louise84

Have a great day!

• Louise84
    13 years ago

Mine is in the mail today! Thanks for organizing this!!

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Most Updated List:

RECEIVED:
    anhsmom
    patti1957
    highalttransplant
    opie12
    GretchensGarden
    sandysgardens
    habitat_gardener
    Jeff24
    purpleacres
    kygreg
    ilazria
    gjcore
    fwbfig
    pondgardener
    Jay_NY

IN THE MAIL:
    appaloosa909
    az_pamperedchef
    sassybutterfly_2008
    dirtdiggin
    Louise84

PLEASE mail your seeds so they are received by Friday!

rosieo
    sunnyk
    clay_lady
    Chris_NH_4

Have a great day!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Mine was mailed 3-day post so it should be there on the 25th as planned. I will have to email you my 'sent' and 'wish' list as I ran out of ink (and was way too lazy to copy my seriously ridiculously long 'wish' list by hand).. :))

And it figures, after I got back from the post office my other commercial orders came in the mail...lol Ah well! I still managed to squeeze out 50 pkts.

~Wendy

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Most Updated List:

RECEIVED:
    anhsmom
    patti1957
    highalttransplant
    opie12
    GretchensGarden
    sandysgardens
    habitat_gardener
    Jeff24
    purpleacres
    kygreg
    ilazria
    gjcore
    fwbfig
    pondgardener
    Jay_NY
    appaloosa909
    az_pamperedchef

IN THE MAIL:
    sassybutterfly_2008
    dirtdiggin
    Louise84

PLEASE mail your seeds so they are received by Friday! I just realized it is already Wednesday!

rosieo
    sunnyk
    clay_lady
    Chris_NH_4

I have started sorting and I think this is the perfect sized swap - just overwhelming enough to be confusing but do-able alone!!

Have a great Wednesday!

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Most Updated List:

RECEIVED:
    anhsmom
    patti1957
    highalttransplant
    opie12
    GretchensGarden
    sandysgardens
    habitat_gardener
    Jeff24
    purpleacres
    kygreg
    ilazria
    gjcore
    fwbfig
    pondgardener
    Jay_NY
    appaloosa909
    az_pamperedchef

IN THE MAIL:
    sassybutterfly_2008
    dirtdiggin
    Louise84
    Chris_NH_4

AWAITING: PLEASE mail your seeds so they are received by Friday!

rosieo
    clay_lady

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Most Updated List:

RECEIVED:
    anhsmom
    patti1957
    highalttransplant
    opie12
    GretchensGarden
    sandysgardens
    habitat_gardener
    Jeff24
    purpleacres
    kygreg
    ilazria
    gjcore
    fwbfig
    pondgardener
    Jay_NY
    appaloosa909
    az_pamperedchef
    sassybutterfly_2008

IN THE MAIL:
    dirtdiggin
    Louise84
    Chris_NH_4

AWAITING until tomorrow:
    rosieo
    clay_lady

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Wow you received mine already?? Cool. :) I'll email you the list I made of what was sent in and my wish list. Thanks again for doing this swap for us!!

~Wendy

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wendy - I would LOVE a list of what you sent in - then I don't have to retype;-)

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Since these swappers acknowledged that their envies have been sent, and if necessary, I'll wait a few days for arrivals before returning seeds.
    dirtdiggin
    Louise84
    Chris_NH_4

I have sent emails to these ladies but have not heard from either. If their seeds are not received today, I'll assume this winter has become too busy and they have dropped out. I know how that is and completely understand!!
    rosieo
    clay_lady

Dirtdiggin's weather has moved into Colorado, although it calmed quite a bit!

Have a great day -

Deb

• sandysgardens
    13 years ago

Deb, I'm requesting that you don't forward any weather to MN unless it's above 50 and contains no snow. I think we have had enough snow and cold for one winter.

Seeds, Sun and Warmth is what I'm requesting! Weatherman says diffent though for Sunday/Monday.

Sandy

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Today I received all that were IN THE MAIL plus a huge envie from clay_lady - WOOHOO!

I'll finish sorting and pay a visit to the PO for Monday mailings!

I'll also do my best to keep the MN weather from MN;-)). My 25 years there, though, make me think there will be some crazy storms still! One April, I mowed the grass and then has to shovel 4' of snow - SAME DAY.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Did you receive my list via email? Just checking! :)

• sandysgardens
    13 years ago

Deb - I'm sure we will easily get another couple snow storms that can dump a lot of snow quickly since March is our snowest month. My B-day is at the end of April and in the past I've received a foot or more of snow as a gift as well as warm beautiful sunshine. Weather here is a crap shoot!

No matter what the weather is, I'm getting excited to see what come back in my envy. I can't wait to sow some tomato seeds!!!

Sandy

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Have to admit - my two day turn around was too aggressive for me! I have half of the return envies done and those will mail today. I'll try my hardest to get the others done today, for Tuesday mailings.

This is my first time hosting and I had not anticipated the logistic issues.
    For instance, if you sent Cherokee Purple, I can assume that you do not want Cherokee Purple returned; even if it's from another swapper;-)
    If half of the swappers submitted Cherokee Purple, the math gets a bit off.
    So, I'll search my stash and try to compile return envies with varieties that you can either use in your garden (I matched your wishes) or trade!

Make sense?

So, for the past two days, I've sorted the specifics from want lists.
    Now I am divying up the others, TRYING to keep your wants in mind.
    The extras will be sent to a nonprofit seed organization. THANKS all for the extras!!
    The envies that are complete are in no particular order except that the initial "wants matches" quantities were closer to the submission amount; and so quicker for me to finish.
    Today, I will pick the envies that need to ship the furthest and work on them in that order! Another late night expected.

Have a great day -

Deb

• az_pamperedchef
    13 years ago

I'm so excited, this is my first swap! I can hardly wait to see what goodies I will get. :-) Thank you Deb for organizing this, it's a job I'm sure.

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Over half of the envies mailed today and the rest will mail early tomorrow am. I think I have contacted each of you, some perhaps more then once because I am TIRED!!

I hope you enjoy the selections and I honestly hope that they do well for you! Save seeds from the fruits you love for swapping this fall and next year.

THANKS all for participating!

Deb

• highalttransplant
    13 years ago

Woohoo! Looks like I'm the first to get my package. A perk for living so close to the hostess!

Deb, you have outdone yourself! I feel like I won the lottery or something!!! Not only did you pretty much wipe out my wishlist, and include things I've never heard of and can't wait to research (after the pepper swap is over, of course, LOL), but you sent my back way more than I remember sending in. Not sure how you did all that, but I am grateful, and you rock as a tomato swap hostess : )

Thank you to everyone that shared their seeds too!

Bonnie

• az_pamperedchef
    13 years ago

Oh boy, oh boy! I feel like a kid in a candy shoppe! I can't believe all my goodies and a lot were even on my want list! I am so excited. Deb you were great in organizing and distributing the seeds. Thank you so much for it and big thanks to everyone who participated. I can hardly wait to get started, though it's a little late for my spring planting, I'm excited for fall.

• ilazria
    13 years ago

Got mine today. Absolutely amazing! My husband is going to flip when he finds out how much of the back yard is going to be turned into Tomato Central, lol. Thanks everyone!

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am so glad you guys are happy!!

I hope the seeds do well for you all!

Happy Gardening -

Deb

• habitat_gardener
    13 years ago

Wow! I got my big package today and I'm amazed at the variety! And as Bonnie said, I can't believe I got so many that were on my wish list, and some are varieties I haven't heard of and am eager to research and try! It was a lot of work to put together and unpack my one envelope, and I'm stunned that Deb was able to do all of them in a weekend! Wow! Thanks to Deb for all the work, and thanks to everyone for contributing.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

OH MY GOSH. OHHHHH MY GOSH!! I just opened a package and found myself in tomato wonderland. WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!! I gotta go google.

Back later!
    THANK YOUU!!!!!!!!!!

• sandysgardens
    13 years ago

I received my package in the mail on Thursday. Sassy's right, TOMATO HEAVEN!! I'm going to be in some serious Trouble and I really don't care at the moment! Between the unbelievable assortment I received, what I've received earlier this year in several other swaps that were tomato heavy, and seed from my own stash I'm going to need acreage!! There is no way I'm not going to want to sow a lot of them. I guess more tilling of the backyard, locating more buckets, and planting more at the lake will need to be done. If there's a will, there's a way! Shoot I'm sure a few neighbors won't mind finding a few in their gardens!

Do you think that a 100 variety is too much for one person to grow!!! I think last year it was 60 or so variety, hmmmm... a 60% increase. I might have to re-think this a bit.

Wishing everyone GREAT Success with their gardens!
    Sandy

• patti1957
    13 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday. Thank you everyone and especially Deb. I can't believe that you sent me over half of my wish list. I was not expecting that and was super surprised! You did a terrific job with this swap.

Patti

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Again - so glad you all are happy with your envies!

Many many GREAT varieties were submitted and augmented a few return packets!

• kygreg
    13 years ago

Seeds arrived today. Great selection. Thanks Deb. I am logging them in on seed bank program as we speak.

Gary

• gretchensgarden
    13 years ago

Oh my gosh -- just got my envie yesterday, and I can't believe all the great varieties inside!! Thanks to everyone and especially to Deb for putting this together. It is my first swap, and I'm addicted!

THANK YOU ALL!
    Gretchen

• Louise84
    13 years ago

Oh my!! We got back from a vacation today and the envelope was waiting there in the mail! I had to open it before we brought in the bags! Amazing selection!

Thanks soooo much for all of your hard work in putting this together!

• Jeff24
    13 years ago

Got my seeds. THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! You did a fantastic job and Thank You all for the great varieties !!!!

• Jay_NY
    13 years ago

Deb, 2 words....YOU ROCK!

ok maybe a few more words: You have seriously outdone yourself. This is my first swap and I am sure none will ever compare. Now the problem is how much bigger I can make my garden without my wife yelling, or thinking im crazier than I am! How do you not plant every single one new tomato seed I recvied!!?!?!?!?

Thanks again, you really made a lot of people happy, and thank you to everyone else for sending in some AMAZING seeds.

I am going to overdose on Lycopene this year!

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Very rewarding that you guys are enjoying the returned envies!!

Thanks all!!!

Happy Gardening!

• appaloosa909
    13 years ago

Received my envelope yesterday!!!!
    Thanks for a great selection, worth the wait.

See you next year!
    Andrea

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So sorry for the delay Andrea!! I hope the seeds do well for you.

For all swappers - I've been mailing envies for years now and never has a mailing label been removed, until this swap. Andrea's mailing label was removed - I am guessing very near her home due to the timing of it all - and the envie was returned to me; as my info was under her now missing mailing label.

In the future, I will always remove my info or black it out.

Happy Gardening!

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm