Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pixiesluvplants

new: mnf my silly valentine

pixiesluvplants
16 years ago

Hi all ya'll silly's and welcome to the Make New Friends My Silly Valentine. I know that everyone of us has a "sillybone" inside somewhere. NOW is the time to put it to use. February's swap is all about our silly sweetness! In this swap we are going to send our partners a Silly Valentine and TWO packets, homegrown or commercial or traded, of PINK or RED flower seeds. YOU can buy the Valentine or make it, use YOUR imaginations, use seed packets, pictures, magazines or whatever just make sure its SILLY. You may add small pkts of Valentine Candy if you wish. NOTHING Major as we are all still getting back on our feet for the new year.

SWAP RULES ARE:

1. I will take signups until the 2nd of Feb.

2. I will post partners on the 3rd of Feb.

3. TWO packets of RED or PINK flower seeds. Nothing major, it should fit into a padded envie.

4. Envies need to be sent out in time for your partner to receive them by VALENTINES DAY.

5. You can use Parcel Post if you like, but delivery confirmation is a MUST!

6. The Sillier the better! It makes for a BIGGER smile!

7. MOST IMPORTANTLY.... HAVE FUN AND LET YOUR SMILES AND LOVE SHOW!!!!

As per GW rules, you must be at least 18 years old to participate in this swap.

NOW START TURNING THAT IMAGINATION AND SIGN UP. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE FUN.

Comments (150)

• medontdo
    16 years ago

awww pixie!! she is just so pretty!!
    the ground was all nice and soft yesterday, now its all frozen now!! :'((
    but they say by the end of the week it will be all in the 50's. YAY!! i'm starting to winter sow some of my containers that i want together. ya know like say trailing snapdragons with toriena sp, and ya know like that. i hope this works. :')) then everything will be done how i want it. these one's i'm doing on the front porch cuz its not so harsh out there. that will work wont it?? and its like a green house. 6 mm thick plastic. ok question. can i do like a sq ft gardening. and do the plastic over it, to let it like it was winter sowing? or i guess like the cold frame as some of them people say. sow the seeds right in place??

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Michelle, I don't know anything about winter sowing as our winter is pretty much over here. We will be in the 60's but then I am sure back up to the high 70's/low 80's. We may MAY have a late freeze but anymore who knows. Its storming outside now, its still a tad towards the west of here but from the low sounds of the thunder and the lightening ya can tell its going to be a GOOD OL Thunder Boomer!

I picked the Tulip and she's in a tub of Borax right now drying.

Yeppers Thunders getting louder.

Smiles ya'll
    Pixie

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hi girls! Pixie, that tulip is just gorgeous! I am green with envy! I love the colors and the tones of burgundy and pink! I have some that are planted that are bitone too and I hope they turn out as pretty as yours!

Becki, I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad. I want you to know that you have all my support in getting where you want to be. Remember that you are loved for who you are and that you are an amazing, awesome, adorable woman that has a heart of gold. I am sending you big hugs and lots of love darlin'. You are taking control of your life. Remember that any time you feel down to let one of us know. Email or post, we are here for you. Don't ever feel alone. We are all here for you at any time you need us.

Big hugs!
    Tracy

• medontdo
    16 years ago

what's the borax thing pixie?? i never heard of that??
    tabor and i decided he would go on a diet, although he went a little over my idea of a diet, he's liking them carbs (bad) way tooo much!! and i'm worried about how its gonna impact his health, i hae been kinda worried for a bit off and on, but ya know, he's a kid, but its in his genes. and i know that in the winter you naturally pack on the pounds, in the genes. but then i noticed HOW he was eating the foods, then i got worried. so its on the veges and fruit only now. and reg food at meal times. but no more of them anything goes snacks.
    boy tracy you said that one JUST RIGHT!!! :'))

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Aw, Shucks Medo... You're making me blush. I just remember how bad we feel when we don't like something about ourselves, it is so hard to take a good hard look and when we do finally LOOK sometimes we have a hard time stopping and see more than we're ready for. Then the spiral of bad feelings start. Hard to stop once we get going down that road. Lots of love and support is really a big help.

I think the borax is Borax Dry Detergent.

Pixie, I didn't know that you could dry flowers in it. Cool idea. You will have to show us when it is all dried!

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ducky I know exactly what you are saying about the spirals. Becki you have all of us for strength babydoll and like Tracy said, You are a very BEAUTIFUL Lady!!! Ya'll are such smart and encouraging women, I love ya'll!!!

Michelle, the borax is the Mule team borax detergent, ya just cover the flower with the borax and leave it for a few days and it dries the flower preserving the shape and color. The bad thing is on some flowers ya need a soft paintbrush to remove all the borax (soap flakes) I did that to all of Coles cut funeral flowers. Works great.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• medontdo
    16 years ago

cool!! i didn't know that!! i knew it was poisonus to plants. but that's it. ya i USED to make soap out of it till i wanted to use the soap water for the garden later, i want an old washer machine, ya know like grandma had!! and reuse that water, i think it'd be so cool!! i read it's good for your gardens, and kills the bad bugs and is feeding your garden somehow. anyhow thats a thought that hubby said heck no too!! LOL yep i know about that spiral too, and winter don't make it any better!! that makes it even worse. that's what we're dealing with now, but its interesting to go to the next moment. LOL lots of love all!! :'))

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Becki,
    I almost forgot but....
    I figured out my snacking was worst when I sat in front of the tv, as it's easy to mindlessly eat a whole bag of tortillia chips watching food network. So I started crocheting again, which keep my hands busy with yarn instead of food. My "trigger food" is chocolate, so mr fishy & I have a deal, chocolate is for "grown-up" time only and instead of an 8 pack of reese's (yes I used to eat all 8 myself), we'd buy a few pieces of really good chocolate and enjoy them together (jacuzzi tub optional, but fun). Part of the issue is with a 6'9 hubby it's easy to feel "dainty" even when I was obese for my height/weight, how could I be fat, when I was tiny compaired to him? and our attitude of love each day like it's the last, really didn't give much inatitive to stop shoving in sweets.
    uhhh, my point is, it helps to figure out the why as well as the how.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

That's an excellent point, Fishy. I know that I've always struggled with emotional eating.....whenever I'm sad or depressed, I bake AND eat.
    After thinking about it, I also realized that whenever I'm feeling lonely, I will mix up a hot drink- hot chocolate, coffee or mocha. So, back in November, when Missy died, I was up to 12 mocha/coffee/hot chocolate drinks a day. I put on over 15 lbs between Nov. 13 & Christmas!
    Anyway, after a lot of counseling & prayer, I've realized that I was using the hot drinks to try to make myself feel warm again...you know, to not be so lonely.
    Sounds very corny, I know.....but each of us cope in a different way. Curling up in a blanket with a mug of something hot is mine.
    So at least now I've switched to herbal tea and plain coffee. :O) Still baking, though. I just have hubby take everything to work with him. There are some REALLY well fed guys up there!! lol

BUT remember, girls!!! WE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!! WE ARE SEXY!!! WE ARE LOVEABLE!!! No matter WHAT size we are!!! :O)
    (and to be quite honest...when I go in for a hug from a girlfriend..I'd MUCH rather be enveloped in a nice soft hug than to feel like I'm getting a bear hug from a porcupine! LOL And fluffy people are soooo much more fun to cuddle with!!)

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Thanks girls! I am very much an emotional eater too. Any time something bad, frustrating, disappointing, even exciting - the first thing I want to do is eat something. It is so sad! And as much as I wish I could say my hubby is supportive - he's not so much. I know he wants me to lose weight, and be healthy, and look good. And as far as exercise, he will push me really hard - it's really tough for me to walk with him, because he walks so fast and hard, and expects me to keep up with him. Part of me thinks it's mostly to prove to himself that he's better at it than me - if I'm really proud of myself for walking 2 miles, he has to walk another mile or two. But, I guess that's just what works for him. Anyway, here is how the conversation went this morning. I say, so it looks here like I need to eat 1800 calories a day and aim for meals with 19 or less grams of fat. He says, oh that won't be hard to do! I say, well, no, but I have to eat LOW FAT. He says, well we alredy do eat low fat. And I say, well... not really. He says, well, carrots, potatoes, meat - what's wrong with that? And I say, well, the potatoes we put butter on, the carrots we drench in butter, and the meat is not lean meat. He says (and I laugh just to type this), butter doesn't have any fat in it! And I say, ummm, yes it does, lots of it. He says, well, switch to a different spread then. Then he says, just remember, this is your diet, not mine, and not the kids'. And I say, I know. End of conversation. He does that every time. You go ahead and diet, but don't you change what you are feeding me or the kids. So, then I have to either make two different meals - one for me and one for them, or I change their meal to fit my needs, I guess. And, I'll try once again to do things to their food to change it that they won't notice. Anyway, it'll be a challenge, but I think I'm up for it. Hopefully I'll be able to change the way they eat a little at a time too, and they'll start eating healthier too!

Good luck to Tabor!!

Beautiful tulip, Trina! Can't wait for my flowers to start coming up (but I hope they wait until the right time!) And thanks for the instructions for using borax to dry flowers - I'll be excited to try that!

I hope everyone is having a great day! We got about 12" of snow! No school again - so we are doing some major cleaning today!

Becki

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

This weather is nuts, to say the least! Yesterday morning, packing the kids up to go to school, nobody took a jacket & the girls & I were all in sweat pants, t shirts and no shoes (I figured..nobody will see us anyway, right? Hmmm...I've always said that the car will SURELY break down when I'm in my skivvies or something. Sure 'nuff!! LOL) ANYWAY...it was 67 degrees, and VERY nice. But after the truck caught fire, and we were standing around waiting for the tow truck, the temps started dropping. By noon, it was in the 30's!!! Brrrr!! Geeze, and today we have ice all over the roads and it's been snowing all morning. Nice little pretty flakes, alot of them, but no accumulation.
    I TRIED to take the kids to school today, but to get there, you have to cross an interstate, and at every intersection, there were wrecks (one was a 5 car pileup), and traffic was horribly backed up. So there was no way to get to the school, so I brought everyone back home. Figured I'd wait a few hours and take them back. But now I'm thinking...I can't afford the gas to make 3 trips into town today, so I'll just keep them home.

Hmmm. Anyway. I'm rambling. Finally got internet at home again (YAY!) so I'm catching up on not being able to gab much! LOL That, and my coffee is kick starting my system..so I HAVE to do SOMETHING. I'm already on load #5 of laundry..and the house is clean (except for the Jenga blocks the kids were tossing at each other - they make great grenades, you know!)
    UGH
    So there's that, I suppose, to clean up. Although...I think I'll make them do that. After all, what ELSE have they got to do today?? Hmmm??? :O)

Oh, Hey...did I mention the flat tire I had this morning, also?? LOL Whew, I'm ready for the weekend.
    Well, no..no I'm not. I take that back. It's not going to be a relaxing one at all. Oh well. :O)

OH! And yesterday was my grandma's 80th birthday!! And with everything going on, I totally forgot!! ACK! I feel so HORRIBLE!!! *sigh*
    Bad bunny.

Anyway.

How are all our girls doing this fine morning?? I hope everyone is having a great day so far!! No cars spontaneously combusting or sick kiddos?

Wait...Becki, you have a foot of snow?? On top of HOW much?? Oh, mercy...my hubby & kids will be so jealous. They can't STAND the fact that we haven't gotten a major snowfall yet. Well, we haven't for about 5 years now. They're so sad. :O)
    Maybe I'll send them up north for a bit. LoL

• medontdo
    16 years ago

ok becki, so make the food, HEE HEE and dont' put all the butter on it, and if they throw a fit, tell them if ya want all that butter on it put it on there yourself. :')) we use country crock it has 1.5 sat. fat. but we LIKE to use canola we get it at dillons. very good for your heart. my dad uses it. he had a heart attack so he switched.
    yep bunny!! i'd rather hug a fluffy person cuz i don't feel like i'm gonna squish them, ya know. i don't feel like i'm gonna break their glass. my mom used to be all skinny. 5'5 and like 100 lbs. she was tooo skinny. and that was after her divorce and she was raising 4 kids. so whe was a wreck. i used to hug her sooo softly, she'd tell me, medo give me a real hug, i'd tell her, i'm afraid i'm gonna break you. now she's a chunky monky!! thanks to her thyroid meds. they got her on the wrong stuff.
    i'll have to get some borax again :')) hope everyone has a great day!! sending warm hugs!! :'))

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Hi All!! To all the daylily lovers....Gilbert H Wild has another sale going on!!!!!
    Later...dirt

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Becki,
    You're not on a diet, you're simply eating healthy.... and if he complains you've two answers: 1. "honey I'm worried about what all that fat is going to do to your arteris in 10 years, and the kids need to learn healthy eating"... or... 2. "Mc Donalds is 10 miles, down the road, start walking", it's not a matter of you deciding they're all vegans, it's you realizing that everything is coated in butter and that's not healthy for anyone.
    As for the workouts, ignore him, and yes I mean it. He seems to think it's a competition (he may not see it that way, but that's how it feels to you), however you are old enough to know this is not highschool PE, there is no reward to comming in first, so do what your body can do without pain, and that's good enough.
    As for the kids, "Miss fishy sent us some new recipies to try, I thought dinners were getting kinda the same" is enough info. What we did was make each one, eat it, and the rate it 1-5 stars, the 4 & 5's got to stay, the rest I didn't make again. It helps the kids to know they're not "stuck" with a dish they don't like from the start.

• medontdo
    16 years ago

geez dirt, ya always just POP IN and POP OUT LOL :'))
    hey bunny, breathe!! ya can clean my house if ya want!! LOL its small and your kids can have fun with my kiddos!! they'd LOVE that!!! the girls'd have body glitter all over themselves!! LOL and the boys'd be out making money! trust me on that one!! tabor is out doing that now. that guy was up kinda early out shoveling snow. LOL i am happy today but feel no energy. how does that happen?? LOL lots of love going your alls way girls!! :'))

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh - if bunny is cleaning houses, she can come clean mine too! But, I'll guarantee, even though the house isn't huge, it'll take a few days!

Thank you for all the suggestions and support girls!! It means so much to me! The kids are pretty good about trying new things, it's the hubby that shuns that. I made homemade cheeseburger macaroni last night (kinda like the hamburger helper, but we don't buy hamburger helper), because I know the kids love that and it something Lily will eat well (unlike a lot of things anymore.) But, to Dave that's not a supper (it's a lunch), so fortunately I had some leftover meatloaf from the other night that I could feed him. The same way with burritos - it's a lunch food to him. Anyway, we'll work it out. I know I can do it! I'm making chili soup tonight, and that's pretty healthy and low fat, so I'm really glad! And there is always left overs, because I make a big batch, so that will be good on baked potatoes (with no butter) another day. I'm just going to take it one day at a time for now!

I told the kids 15 more minutes of good cleaning in their rooms, and then I'll let them watch the movie that came today. Ahh - quiet!! (Hopefully!)

• medontdo
    16 years ago

what's quiet??? i never heard of that!!! LOL tabor got that hannah montana cd for his birthday, so talla is dancing to it!! she's like me! like the music only one way "LOUD"""" LOL ummm i still live in the 80's LOLi can't find my digital camera. i'm so not happy!!!! i wanted to take a pic of dh in his new outfit, but i cant. the state don't like to spend money so its like HUGE!!!! LOL we all need to lose some weight. man beck, what did you do?? LOL i think i'll join talla's work out!! LOL and look funny HEE HEE **big grinn**
    man the whole house will be shakkin LOL
    hmmm.....quiet still thinkin about that!! LOL :'))
    lots of love :'))

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Hi,
    I'm still here! Just buried under several feet of snow, LOL! More snow on the way (all week) plus we are under a winter storm watch with up to 12" of new snow! Chilllllyyyyy! I love driving in this stuff, and am so glad I have an SUV that can pull out of the driveway!

Luckily my dogs love snow, their little bellies/backs turn white from running in the back yard!

Just looked out the window while typing this, our poor mailman's truck is stuck in a snowdrift and his tires can't catch any traction. I have to go to the bank, and really dread going outside! The mailman made it out of the drift, so I better go before it get's any worse!

I'll try to catch up later with all the posts!

Pixie,
    Your tulip is beautiful! I hope it preserves/dries well! I can't wait to see signs of life again outside! I'm tired of just seeing white! ;)

Talk later,
    Deb

• medontdo
    16 years ago

we are watching grease, ahhhh at least she's being quiet. LOL and no cheerleading. LOL now i have to do some more ws ing. i just have to figure out what i want to do. i have sooo much to do!!! LOL tabor is STILLLLL out. i want him back home. dang kid!!! what's he think?? LOL :'))

• medontdo
    16 years ago

ok he's funny, he say's its not our last snow....... wanna know why???? it tastes good. LOL
    ahhhh they changed it to 50's not til tues. dang it!! oh well gives me more time to ws!! LOL

• medontdo
    16 years ago

yep we got 12" of snow all together. i thought maybe 5-6 but the weather man said 12. how weird is that!! my kids are gonna have fun today after the work is done, they just don't know it yet. :')) found my camera when i got out of bed this morning, LITERALLY LOL how weird is that??? LOL GOD is being mysterious today, the battery is dead. but at least it isn't in the trash can like i feared!! its too cold to go out in the trash to look for it!! LOL :'(( so now i'm happy! i just have to go looking for my energy i lost it somewhere, hmmmmmm.....where did i misplace it??? LOL and to top it off i'm out of sugar. (splenda) ahhhhhh can't wait till incometax!! which dh said could be next friday. i soooo hope so!! hope ya'll stay nice and warm :')) lots of love medo

• scottrell
    16 years ago

Wow, all that snow!!! I'm not telling the kids or they will be jealous! LOL! They are swimming in the neighbors pool right now. You are braver than me Deb, I never got the hang off driving in the snow, sometimes I'd be frightened to tears! Hey Medo I am stuck in the eighties too!! AND I have watched Grease about 100 times! Really!
    Well I am one big sucker! Michelle got on the Honor Roll, so I went to school to see her get her award this morning, and she conned me into taking her out of school early today. I can't play hookey without Chelsea too. So I signed em both out. We went shopping and out for pizza and ice cream! My hubby said I shouldn't spoil them like that but I can't help it! I sent out my package, should I post the Del Con# ? Later - Sharon

• medontdo
    16 years ago

yes sharon you should!! LOL
    thats so cool!! tell her congrats!! thats soo awesome, now i know why you always spell my name with 2 ll's, LOL that and i think everyone does!! but that's cool!!
    hey everyone guess whaat? we have slap down going on here today!! my two kids! and guess who's winning?! you guessed it. the girl. who's fixing to get a bar of soap in her mouth that my mom was so lovely to provide for me!! HEE HEE :')) them little ones from the motel!! :')) she's decided that cussing is the way to go when she's ticked!! not from me,

• scottrell
    16 years ago

Hi my second oldest daughter Amanda (We call her Minnies because her little sisters could not say Mandy and it just stuck) is 18 years old now, but when she was little I put soap in her mouth, well, she kind of liked it! LOL! She always was a little strange! LOL!
    Del con # 0307 1790 0000 7231 8952

• beckilove
    16 years ago

I had to do soap the other day too - first time! All I had was liquid though, so I just dabbed a little in her mouth, and let her spit it right out! I told the kids they are NOT to tell each other to "Shut Up", and from now on, every time I hear it, you get soap in your mouth. They are doing pretty good now that they realize I'll really do it! : )

I can hardly believe this - it's snowing here again!! No school yesterday or today (or Monday) - and the roads are still pretty awful, I've been told! The neighbor kids have been over 2 of the 3 days off this week, and it's getting kind of crazy! I need to find more things for all those kids to do!! I refuse to let them play video games (that is reserved for 1 hour at night, except during sleepovers), and they don't like that very much! Today I let them each play games on the computer for a while, because I felt bad constantly telling them no.

Scotrell - that's really cute about calling your daughter Minnies! Elizabeth said her name as more like Littlebits when she was just starting to talk, and we called her Little Bits for a long time! Not so often now, but it definitely stuck for quite some time!

I'll try to get mine sent out tomorrow!

Becki

• medontdo
    16 years ago

awww that's so cute sharon and becki!! :')) LOL oh my a house full!! i cannot imagine that!! the kids have been out of their school too. so they call for tabor to play. well he has school. and of course when he's in theyre out and when theyre in he's out. LOL sometimes he gets frusterated. but i tell him , i love ya and do your work and you can play! :')) yep, we're supposed to get another cold front!! w snow. hello!! we have 12" already!! geez!!!
    good one soap for shut up!! i like that!! i need to do that!! then they'll stop!! it irritates the crap out of me!! errrrrr!! gotta go do something i'm sure!! LOL

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi All,

Just wanted to checdk in and let ya'll know that I prolly wont be here for a couple days, there is an intestinal bug going around and it seems to like me very much! (NOOO not worms but I swear that may benicer than what I have cause my behonkis is SOREEEE and nausea had become my name now! NOO I am not preggo)

I will get my Valentine sent out either tomorrow or Sat regardless.

Love ya all
    Pixie

• medontdo
    16 years ago

aww pixie!! i'm so sorry your sick!! yucky!!! definately lots of hugs your way!! :'))

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hi Gang! It finally stopped raining here! We have 3 giant lakes in our back yard. The county came out and had to divert water from the creek in the back woods. The creek overflowed and was spilling out over the properties, especially in the development behind us. I have never, never seen that much water. We have just a titch over an acre and most of it is in the back yard but the water was covering about a third of it.

It finally snowed last night and now everything is frozen over. If we have really low temps for the next couple of days the kids will be able to ice skate out there! It is at least 8 inches deep so I will need some low temps so they don't end up getting soaked out there.

Pixie, I am so sad you are sick! Yick! Tummy troubles are no fun at all! Poor baby. I would hug ya but I am afraid of squeezing too hard. Could have negative results! :o)

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Wow, Tracy! That's a lot of rain!! I guess I'd rather have lots of snow than all that rain!!

Just wanted to let Karen know that her card and seeds are going out today with DC # 0103 8555 7492 6771 4082.

Take care everyone! Doing candy making today - hopefully I'll be able refrain from tasting any!!! : )

Becki

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

WooooWeeee....That IS a lot of water, Tracy!! Do ya need us to send you a kayak?? :O) Or maybe an ark? LoL

Oh No, our teeny tiny pixie is feeling yicky!! Sending you lots of hugs ~gentle ones...don't want the explosive results Tracy mentioned!~
    Oh, and your Valentine goody will be going out today, also. I hope it will cheer you up somewhat! :O)
    Here's the DC#: 03070020000213962380

I hope everyone is having a great FRIDAY!! (YAY! Finally!!!!!) :O)

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Hi everyone! I'll be on the look out for my Valentine, Becky (yay!!) and Sharon, I'll get yours out Monday.

No snow here! It looks like it could today, but I doubt it. We just seem to get the below zero temps. The last couple of days it was in the 20's and about a week or so ago, we actually had some temps in the high 30's! My kids wanted to be outside with out their coats!!

I have little ones with bad colds and babies with RSV (daycare) so it has been a quieter week, what with the kids having to be at their own home. I hope you start feeling better Pixie!

How did your jugs hold up with all that rain, Tracy? I hope they did fine! I should wintersow a few more today.

Talk to ya all later!
    Karen

• medontdo
    16 years ago

YAY friday!! 2 days off work for hubby!! that RSV is some scary stuff, my kids never had it (thank GOD) but i had a friend who did. yuck!! did ya'll get that thing on the baby who could float in the pool?? that's amazing!!! my dad sent that to me.
    how are ya doing becky? tabor is doing well on his diet. that boy has an amazing thing for staying on something. my downfallis pizza!! LOL or anything bread!! LOL that's why i know i couldn't do the yeast thing. or no flour thing. well i could make it with soy flour. but with out yeast?? no way unless there was an alternative to that too?? susie hasn't told me of one yet. (mil) love her to pieces!! well gotta fake clean. geez YUCK!!! i told the kids soap if they tell me no any more or anything related to it, or shut up or anything related to it. or each other. so far its been ok today. i made sure daddy was there. for some reason that made an impact. huh!! amazing!! LOL lots of love all :')) hope your getting better pixie!! did your seeds ever make it tracy?? the mix?? hope so :'))

• medontdo
    16 years ago

so this day, we were cleaning in the dining room. and i decided to put some of the seeds in the fridge (seed fridge) and low and behold you would not believe what i saw!! my tulips are trying to sprout!! they have little tops ya know. its only feb. and there's no light in there. its not necesarily warm in there. so whats the deal this year?? but its totally cool!! HEE HEE!! :')) just thought id' share >>> by the way, those are the ones ya got me becky :'))

• scottrell
    16 years ago

Wow! All that rain! Can you please send some my way? We have been in a drought for many months now. We are only allowed to water once a week. The hubby and I installed a rain barrel, so now I can water every day! Yay!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Michele - that is very exciting!! I still have some of the bulbs I bought at the same time, and they are starting to shoot as well, even though they have been sitting at room temp. all this time! I am shocked! So, as I don't have anywhere to put them, with ALL the tulips I planted already, I am trading them to someone. I was sure to mention that they are already getting green coming out the top! How fun!!

Thanks for asking how I'm doing! I've got a lot of what I needed to get made today done - just need to do all the dipping and packaging. The dipping I'll finish tonight, and the packaging tomorrow. I've refrained pretty well from the taste testing. Except I did taste test the fat free cookies I made - they were my first time making them, and I think they came out pretty well. They took forever to bake, so I only just now got our lasagna in the oven. It's going to be a late supper tonight!!

Dave did take me out for lunch today to our favorite place again, and as I knew I am starting my pills tomorrow, I did splurge there for lunch. I had my regular bacon cheeseburger and fries - and scoped the menu for what I will be able to have next time we go! They have a stuff your own baked potato, so I can order that with chili and a little cheese, and that would be excellent, I think!

I'm glad I was looking at the alli message boards this morning, because I didn't realize that when you are taking the pills, it's important that you eat your full allotment of fat grams! Yesterday, I thought I was doing so good, as I only had 37.96 fat grams, but I need to be eating 19 grams at each meal, so I am supposed to be right around 60 grams on the day. Supposedly you will lose weight more quickly if you eat the 19 grams per meal! So, that's cool! Then I saw some suggestions for if you ate your meal, but still need a little fat - some nuts, or beef jerky, or a salad with dressing that isn't fat free. I can do that! So, I am happy! Then, I also went to the store to pick up some low fat stuff, and found some really tasty treats that are in the range that I am supposed to have for my snacks. I can have 2 a day with under 200 calories, and 3 grams of fat or less! I am going to try to keep them healthy, but when I need the sweets, I found a fudge brownie frozen yogurt with no fat! And some mint ice cream bars that have only 3 grams and under 200 calories, so I am exstatic about that!! And I picked up a few weight watchers and lean cuisine meals that I can keep in the freezer and eat when I just don't see how what I am making for the rest of the family will work for me. Got some fat free cheese, so if Dave makes burgers, I can still have some cheese on mine. I'm feeling really good about this! The food wasn't cheap - but as long as I only use it when I feel like I need it, I don't think it's too awful bad! I'm feeling really good about starting those pills tomorrow!!

Okay, now the I wrote a book, I should do something else!...

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Heya Ladies,

Well I have the major YUCKS!!! DR. gave me Phennergrine for nausea and bm's. I also am on a high iron diet, which I don't mind at all. I have "chronic anemia" which is no shocker to me as I have always had a tendancy to be anemic, was hospitalized with it when I was 10. I was really beginning to think that I have the sleepy syndrome thing. Oh well just thought I would let ya'll know whats going on.

Becki your Valentine is going out in the morning.

Smiles ya'll,
    Pixie

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Feel better miss Pixie, thankyou for the wonderful seeds you sent me. Michelle, I need your addy badly. how old are your kids? gotta check your seed wants list. hope to shop and mail tomorrow. my son just called he is in idaho and coming here tomorrow. has to go over the mountains tho which always worries me. he is a semi driver and takes any trips this way from texas, so he can visit me. he is my oldest and a mommas boy. have a good weekend all of my cracked friends. hugs carol

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Pixie - I hope you get to feeling better very soon! I'm glad you didn't have to be hospitalized now!! No hurry on the Valentine! I know you're sick, and I don't mind it after Valentine's day! (Except I think you are sending to Fishy in this swap, now that I look! I think you are thinking of a different swap : )

I hope your son has a safe trip, Carol! I know how it is to worry about a loved one when they are traveling!! The mountains are especially scary, aren't they? All those passes - I hate when my hubby has to travel up there!! I'm sure he'll be fine, and so happy to see his mama!!

Becki

• medontdo
    16 years ago

sent ya an email veeja :')) hope ya do get better soon pixie, my mom was anemic. i was when i was prego with tabor. it totally sucked!! they gave me some crappy medicine!! didn't make me crap that's for sure!! LOL tmi i never drink enough liquids.

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! I got all my Valentine's orders sent, so I'm feeling good about that! Plus, I took the kids to a fun thing sponsored by one of the groups in town. Totally free inflatable rides and games - it was great! They had the best time! Oh - and free balloon animals and temporary tatoos! Of course, the balloon animals are mostly popped already, but it was a lot of fun! Now, I need to get some photos taken, and hopefully get my Esty.com store set up next week!! I'm really excited about this! Oh and I started my alli today, and so far, so good! I'm actaully feeling pretty full, so all is good!
    Becki

• medontdo
    16 years ago

good deal becki!!
    my susie is in the hospital for having her appendix taken out, i'm asking if ya all would just hold her up in prayer. she's diabetic, last time she was in the hospital things didn't work right for a bit afterwords. so we are praying hard for her. she's a wonderful woman!! she's a i think type 1? the type that won't ever get better.

i saw on that esty thing about 200 baggies for 130 not bad considering. and 1.00 for shipping if ya order something else. so i think id' order one more thing of them. LOL
    well i saw my facialist today. not good. and he did my eyebrows. but got them a little short. well to high. he is learning. i asked him how much he charged, beings that he's new and he's still learning, he told me hugs and kisses. hmmmm.... thats a little weird. oh well i do trust him. after all. tabor is still learning to do this!! LOL :')) yes the little guy wants to inflict pain so he is wanting to learn how to do the waxing. HEE HEE he can rip them off, no putting on the wax, or i'll won't be able to go to church!! LOL :')) i think he would be good! he does have some good ideas if i can keep him on tract!! but that is sooo hard!!
    well hope ya'll have a great night!! lots of love :'))

• medontdo
    16 years ago

yep he noticed right away! (dh) i hope today turns out to be a good day for ya all, its like 12 here but feels like 6 here. yuck!!! just wanted to say hi
    ohhhh and i went to sallys beauty salon and got some shampoo for 8.99 for a gallon and it makes 8 gallons. so it was really runny. so i put it in the foamy soap thing we got at walmart. so far thats working.

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Becki,
    Are you near Des Moines? A dear friend just headed back there yesterday, his aunt is passing from lung cancer, and I was thinking of seeing if you could do up some sort of basket for him & his pop, I'm certain 2 bachelors aren't going to be eating well at this point, and some toast & jam or such may be a comfort. (what on earth do you do when "get well" isn't possiable, but she's still breathing so "with sympathy" is premature?) Guy's actually phoning me each stop to let me know he made it safely. He's only 25, so mr fishy and I are his only "grown up" friends the rest were of the "oh that sucks, wanna get a beer?" type responses.

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, that is so sweet, Fishy!! I am about an hour from Des Moines. My little sister goes there several times a week for work, and I know she would gladly deliver something for me (as she's offered in the past!) I would love to do that for you, if you want! I could make a loaf or two of homemade bread, and some jams, and cookies maybe? Just let me know what you want to do, okay? And where it needs to go, and how quickly. That is so sweet that he is calling you so often! We could just do a little "Mr & Mrs. Fishy are thinking of you in this difficult time." Whatever you want, honey!

I'm praying for Susie, Michele. Sounds like you're having fun! My sisters and I are now planning to get our upper lips waxed for one of their birthdays. I'm excited about it! Even though it won't be until May. We were going to before Leah's wedding last year, but then we had hesitation about doing that the day before the wedding when we were at the spa. Didn't want to take a chance at having a bad reaction!

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Fishy I am also keeping your friends Aunt in thoughts and prayers. You are a sweetheart Fishy.

Seems that there is a major tummy bug virus going around here. Katie is in the hospital tonight with an IV giving her fluids to re-hydrate her, I was lucky enough to have caught it in time but she and Alan and a group of friends went to the lake this weekend and I guess I had given her the bug. I am thankful that they found out that I have an anemic issue but also hate the fact that I had a virus that I seemed to have passed around. I am feeling better but still very weak feeling and the phenagrine knocks me out and I hate that part. I just really hope that these bull headed guys (fox and Alan) take heed and don't try to act macho about it if they start feeling ill.

• medontdo
    16 years ago

guys can be that way, grant learned his lesson last spring when he got so sick. he missed all that work. it was so bad. he was glued to the couch. i so love this group of people!!! so caring for each other!! oh becky i tell ya the best thing i ever did was go to sallys beauaty sallon and buy one of them wax thingi's for 19 bucks. and then i bought a small thing of wax for like 13 i think. then i use strips of crappy sheets. LOL ya know. the one's we keep using. but they have the strips there for i think 6 bucks. and i also use pop cycle sticks. alot cheaper to use them!! i use olive oil afterwards to make sure all the stuff is off my face. it makes me nice and soft!! LOL so all in all. under 40 bucks to get your stuff done in the middle of the night or whenever you want it done, and no one can look at ya afterwards if ya want, LOL like after ya get it done by someone else. LOL but that's just my opinion. LOL i did my chin and my sides (of my face) just make sure to leave enough pull room!! LOL :')) i wanta go back and see if they have any almond massage oil. then i'll be happy!! yep!!
    so we went t the store today. grant and i did not mesh. at all. we argued the whole time!! of course he said it was my fault and i say its his fault and bla bla bla. then on the way home we didn't even get out of town and he told me sams club lets ya get cash back, apparently i musta made a face, he was like what was that disgusted face about?? all attituded out. well that was it for me so by now i'm yelling in the kia. and i'm like what? what? i didn't do anything! do ya just want me to draw some eyebrows on?? will that make it all better for you?? will it?? cuz if it will i will!!!! and for your info i don't have a problem with that!! thats just your own problem or guilty consience or something. and i was done!! didn't talk all the way home. and baby that's over 40 mine. a long time for me!!! LOL i think at that moment i actually hated him more than anything!! but we get home and we get inside and its like nothing ever happened. i'm so not kidding!! we got along so good!! i think its just that he's so used to shopping by himself and the stress of spending the very little he got off of his last check from the one job. and he just told me citibank told him that they are gonna repo our house if he doesn't pay them our payment by the 22nd. by now, i'm almost in hestarics inside. that's the reason i didn't want to morgage our house. cuz up til then we owned it. so i calmly ask. honey. are ya gonna be able to pay it?? he say's yes. i'll get paid by then. then i freak!!! I'm bad about that!! but that's no excuse for today. imo. i don't know. it's been crazy!! LOL hope ya'lls day went alot better!!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday to Frances! I am getting on here late tonight to say this, please forgive me! Much love and happy wishes to you! I have your Valentine/Birthday box ready and will be hitting the mail tomorrow. I'll post dc in the morning for you! Big Hugs!

Fishy, I think a "You are in our thoughts and prayers" card would be perfect for the note, totally agree with Becki on that one. That is so very nice of you to be there for that young man and his family. You have a heart of gold.

Pixie, I am so sad that you are feeling so worn out. Tell Katie that I am thinking of her and will pray that she recovers quickly! Poor baby! You too. I am saying my prayers that you feel better fast! Tell the goofy men to steer clear.

Michele, I am sorry that you and Grant are going round for round. I think it is in the air. Been doing a bit of that myself lately with the big guy here. Duh, it is getting close to Valentines day so of course we aren't getting along! Grrr. I think they act like this when they get stressed. Can't manage the feelings so they get grumpy and sensitive. Sheesh! and they think women are bad! HA! I am praying for your Susie.

Karen! Hi! I followed your advice about having the containers raised and they drained very well. They are sitting in plastic bread carriers (like they use to deliver bread to the grocers). That works great, it keeps them more than an inch off the ground and then the patio floor is pitched to allow the run off to go to the drain out there so they don't fill up and float in the jugs.

The rain stopped here before we needed to pull out any canoes! We have a couple of ice rinks in the back now. Our temps are hitting 4 degrees tonight and all the schools are closed tomorrow because windchills are expected to be around -19 degrees. Brrrrrr!

We had Danny's Birthday party yesterday. The kids had a blast. Dan wanted a strawberry cake so I had to find a recipe online. I used one from cooks.com that called for using strawberry jello and a yellow cake mix. Turned out pretty good. You substitute the jello disolved in a cup of hot water for the normal called for water in the mix, add 4 eggs instead of 3 and then bake at 325 for 45 minutes. Very moist! He was a happy boy.

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Mmm Tracy, that sounds yummy!! They close your schools for low wind chills??? We've had them in the -20 to -30 range, and all they do is keep the kids in during recess. I have them stand inside by the door, until I see the bus coming down our road, and then tell them to run out and catch it! Where did you get your bread crates? I've seen people using them, and I want some! I read somewhere that at gas stations and stuff they leave them out by their dumpsters and you can just pick them up, but I'm a little skeptical about that! I could really use them, though, if I can find them for free or really cheap!! That would be SUPER nice for carrying my preserves and such to market, and for putting my WS jugs on! I'll have to check into that! (PS: 4 was our HIGH yesterday!)

Pixie - I'm glad you are feeling a little better! I hope Katie gets well VERY soon! She really doesn't need that now! Poor thing! I hope you all get ALL better VERY soon!!!

Medo - I'm sorry you guys are having such trouble! That is so NOT fun!! Icky!! I hope it gets better really soon! It's funny how guys can just all of a sudden act like nothing happened!

William is going to participate in a spelling bee tonight! I am pretty excited to see how that goes! He hasn't studied the words very much, so we'll see. But, he's a smart kid, so I know he can do well! Just have to wait and see!

I hope everyone has a great day today!! I've done really well with my eating for the past two days on the pills, and I am marching onward! It's going really well so far!

Becki

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Thank you Tracy!

The birthday was a hit! I had ALL of the seafood on a platter (ok I didn't actually eat it all, that will probably take me a couple of days lol ) but I did have margaritas, lobster, crabcakes shrimp and scallops! yum yum yum. With the DH in Retail Management, we are lucky to get a night out, it was like a date, we really had a nice time. Talked, had a few cocktails, ate too much..... lol. He really is such a sweety.

Medo, men are very strange people some times, they bottle up their worries until they can't stand it anymore and then explode and are then embarassed because they let it out! (at least that is my experience) But my DH says 'men are very simple' (his words not mine) they have simple needs, food, comfort, sleep, sex. When any of those things are threatened, they typically get it off of their chest and then forget it. (unlike women who will fuss and worry EVERYTHING to death (( also his words) until it drives them crazy) which is why men typically keep their worries to themselves. I understand how worried you must be, I hope things get themselves sorted out soon

Becki! congrats on the diet! I did a little research on the 'alli' I am sure you will do well! For me the big problem is not getting enough exercise. I can't take most diet suppliments anyway because they inhibit my thyroid meds.

Have a great day everyone!