Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beth_b_kodiak

UPDATE: Something squirrley

beth_b_kodiak
14 years ago

New thread the other one is full.

Looks like everyone has received their boxes except Carol B and Teresa. Hope they arrive in a day or two.

It also looks like Chips and Nuts have visited almost everyone. Is anyone still waiting?

Well, we are off to the Legion for dinner and maybe a rwirl around the dance floor.

BB

Comments (13)

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Ok, I know I keep posting pictures but today I saw my squirrel do the CRAZIEST THING! He climbed up the window, right past both cats (who freaked out)! He/ she did it just to check out the suet basket, then decided it wasn't worth it... Since when can squirrels climb windows?? It was like watching some crazy squirrel like lizard alien thing! Sorry for the poor image quality but it happened so quickly that I didn't have time to set the camera exposure properly.
    {{gwi:61085}}
    Has anyone ever heard of/ seen this before? It's crazy!
    ~Laura

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Laura that is crazy. I am glad you were able to get a picture of it!!

Heidi

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

Laura
    they used to do that all the time here, I had to take down the 'window feeders' The squirrels were spoiling the window screens!

Your kitties do seem to be enjoying the show~

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Frances

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

I received mine today from Shirley. Thank you, Shirley.
    There was a resin squirrel with a sign that reads "Welcome to the nut house", a package of Planter's peanuts, and a small resin garden nut figure. Treasa

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Beth,
    Nuts is still here enjoying our pretty weather. It's not that I have tried to slow things down - just let me know if anyone in the swap is still awaiting a visit from one of the mascots. If not, Beth just send your address and Nuts will be on his way back home next week. I will be heading out of town for a few days so I would have to hear back from you really soon in order to mail him out tomorrow, but that is okay if I hear from you in time.
    Thanks for being our hostess and adding fun to a month that definitely can be on the dull side. Winter sowing has begun now, so I will be all set until the weather stays nice for good! (Certainly no complaints about yesterday and today - it has been gorgeous out!)
    Jeanne

• veeja11
    14 years ago

got a slip in my mailbox today that says I can pick up a pkg from uptreasa tomorrow, so looks like my box is here mail carrier skeered of dog, so will get it tomorrow. hugs carol

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Chip came to visit today from Heidi! He came bearing swiss miss mix, roasted peanuts and a homemade fudgy brownie. Thank you Heidi. Has anyone not had a mascot visit yet?
    ~Laura

• veeja11
    14 years ago

Got a great box from treasa today, a cute ceramic squirrel packed with seeds 10 pkgs of tomatos, new ones to grow on my new rack system. strawberry popcorn, heirloom beand purple pole, lots of poppy seeds don't know what color tho,
    drarf ggaillardia, maltese cross ? centaurea macrocephala, orange cosmos, sidalcea party girl, aspargrus yard long bean, red currant tomato. planters mixed nuts, werthers orginals. loved it all. thankyou Treasa my tomato rack

hugs carol, great swap as usual Beth way to go

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Whar a beautiful tomatoe! The rack looks real sturdy and handy too.
    so, no winner on the Secret Squirrrel's favorite snack unless Laura and Jeanne still want to try. Guess it's time for them to come home anyway. This has been fun but Feb is almost here and Merlissa has that rolling well.
    We are having quite the storm here in AZ and that is unusual. Lots of wind and either rain or snow depending on what part os the state you are in. Guess it could be a lot worse but this is odd for here.
    Beth B

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Beth, if you'll send me your address I can send Chip home. The cats have become 'overly interested' anyway, so he has gone into hiding right now.
    ~Laura

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

Carol, I'm very happy you enjoyed the box. What a sturdy way to support your tomatoes. The poppies are a pink annual I've grown almost 30 years. Winter sow them somewhere in your flower where you want them. They will self-sow. They make fairly large pods, nice for dry arrangements. I thought that ceramic squirrel was cute. Hugs to you all. Treasa

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Beth,
    I mailed Nuts this afternoon so he is on his way back home. I think he will be tired after all the traveling!
    Jeanne

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks to everyone who played or visited with us this month.
    It has (as usual) been fun,SO, I'm already stocking up for next year/ LOL
    Jeanne, Nuts has arrived home safe and sound.Quick trip but maybe he was missing thw warm sunshine.
    Thanks for the cookie. The box/can is adorable and will be a nice addition to my snowman collestion.
    Hope you all weather the weather OK
    hugs to all
    Beth

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert