Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowersareforme

NEW: Spring is in the Air Swap

flowersareforme
14 years ago

Hosting a Swap for March 20th the First Day of Spring

Taking signup's now.

This swap has to do with anything to do with spring.

Example's:

Blooms and Buds.Birds,green grass,exchanging the old for new,fresh vegs,spring claning,Filling window boxes,hanging out a spring wreath.

send me your name,address,gw,name,email.

This is for seeds-not old -new please.out with old in with new,they can be 2009's.Bulbs.Seeds for flowers,vegs,grasses

crafts-like scrapbooking,wreath's any hobbies you like.

your favorite candy,music,smell,color.this swap is things you like.You make a box you like to share with another person in the swap.You can include some of there favorites as well to be a special box.This is to be sent March 20th priorty mail with a d/c.

Comments (94)

• smitties
    14 years ago

It is still too early to start anything indoors but I have such spring fever, I planted some catgrass for my kitties. I also planted some orange thyme, lemon basil, and cinnamon basil I figured wouldn't be a problem having them inside for awhile. I picked up a couple window sill boxes that fit on most windowsills. The catgrass was planted first and they are beginning to germinate. What a great sight to see new sprouts again. I want spring so bad. I spend time everyday planning my gardens and where things are going to go.

More snow for this weekend. Could have up to 5 inches after all is said and done. Then we hit the 50's next week. That will be nice.

Margo

• Christine00
    14 years ago

its probably posted and im just overlooking, but... what size box do we use?

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi every1,
    I am sorry I haven't posted I have been real busy and have had family here for a week or more,The family leaves next week so you will see me post more.Here is updated list,Thanks!
    flowers-
    Smitties-
    lissa140-
    rane-
    crisann-
    noni-
    cryptid-
    pinkhill-
    christine00-
    Purpleacres-
    spoonietreasure-lurking

crypid,I am to a landscaper,and into medicinal and culinary herb's.
    we just got hit here in Maine with snow yuck.I want spring so bad.I have seeds,and orders coming and me and grand just started planting seeds.
    Yes March 20th is sending date.
    what is cat grass margo and what do you use it for?
    the box has to be priorty mail box,and size is fine.

• smitties
    14 years ago

Cat grass is a special grass for cats and is good for their digestion. When it gets about 6 inches high, you let them chew it to their hearts content, (or til it's gone). The pet stores sell it but I bought the seeds for the fun of it cause it's cheaper to grow my own. The package suggests you grow it in a flat wide pan so they can roll around in it but I just used the smaller windowsill planter. It's really going to town. I had to take the top plastic off today as the grass was touching it.

More snow today. It has been snowing all day and the roads are really nasty tonight. I am staying in and enjoying the fire where it is warm and safe.

Hope everyone is also warm and safe. Have a good weekend. Margo

• purpleacres
    14 years ago

howdee,

I must bow out of this swap. I just have too many things going. We recently bought a camper so we can do some more comfy camping. I must sew curtains and cover cusions and I must do it before march 12th because we leave then for a week at the coast.

Have a great time swappin

Acres

• smitties
    14 years ago

Sorry to see you had to bow out Acres. I am a camper so totally understand. We have a pop up camper but are looking for something more convenient. I hate having to set it up and down. I would prefer something we can climb right into but not too big. It also has to have a bathroom so I don't have to go out to a bathroom in the middle of the night. Have fun on your coastal trip.

Can you believe the catgrass I planted is almost six inches tall. It germinates fast. I am going to let our oldest cat enjoy this batch and then plant the next one thicker for the others. It germinates so fast, I can give them a fresh batch every other week.

Margo

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    14 years ago

Hi everyone !
    My shelves and grow lights in the garage are calling my name, I admit I did plant ONE pot with some of my wonderful seeds last weekend just to get some dirt under my fingernails ;-) it was great !
    Anyways, I started my tomatoes March 7 last year sooo ... I think I will do that again this year, they did so well I don't want to mess with success ... hehe besides if I have to wait another week its gonna kill me ! I am a little concerned cause its still chilly in the garage, not to mention there are STILL patches of snow in the yard ! Bring on the warm sunshine !! Daylight savings will be nice, there will be an extra hour of sunshine still to be had when I get home from work ;-) Hope everyone is ready for SPRING !!

~Iris

• noni5394
    14 years ago

I am sorry, but I must take my name off the list as my husband is in the hospital and not a good time for me. I wanted to join in with your group. Please accept my name again in the future when I am in a better place. With regards, Deb (Noni)

• smitties
    14 years ago

Deb, hope your husband is doing well. I am sorry to hear he is having troubles and that you are unable to join us. Maybe in the future.

I am going to get my box ready tomorrow so I can get it in the mail when I get my name.

Sunny today and the temperatures are going to be in the high 40's so I am hoping to see the 50's for the first time in a long while. The snowdrifts in front of the house are slow to melt. Of course, they are covering a good portion of my gardens. I am going to go out and shovel off some of it so that the stuff can get to melting away. I noticed my bulbs are determined to come up even if there is a three foot drift over the top of them. :0

Hope everyone else is having a gorgeous weekend. COME ON SPRING!!

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi there Everyone I am sorry I have not been here to post been right out straight I am like a chicken with my head cut off,here is some updates here.
    One I had family up last couple weeks,with home repair and visiting.Second I got alot of my orders in.And been posting them with work,and family and all.Ok now for the swap.
    I am sorry to see a couple had to leave :0( That is life we all understand.Hope to see you in swaps in the future.

Here is our present list-it is
    on the small side.
    I am hoping there will be somemore to add to get this swap running with a bang.
    We still on for the 20th for sending?or should we choose a earlier date?
    Noni I hope your husband gets better.Purple we will defently miss you,I am to a camper so I so understand.
    margo that grass grew so fast I bet your cats just love it.and it is good you can keep growing it for them.I was out side today it was 47 here i am so anxious for spring/summer.My husband and son was putting on a roof with windows on a hand made greenhouse.And made a nice sunday dinner with chicken,stuffing,sqaush,pototoes and cranberry. I had a window box i reached down and pulled at old foilage,and saw brandnew chives coming up .Yeahhhh.Looked at roses that are dead I need to cut soon,and iris.still green under all that snow.
    flowers-
    Smitties-
    lissa140-
    rane-
    crisann-
    cryptid-
    pinkhill-
    christine00-

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have sent lissa140 a email 3 x for info I thought i had her infomation and she hasnt seen.
    so lissa i need your info.if she dont send i need another player

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

I just found this swap, it must of been toward the bottom of the page every time I checked the threads. ;)

If there is still room, I would love to participate. Let me know! I'm so ready for Spring and swapping again!

I can send in my info- asap. :)

Deb

• pinkhill
    14 years ago

Is this swap still a go? Havent seen much activity.

• smitties
    14 years ago

Pink, I was wondering the same thing. Even though the list is small, I am still game for a swap.

We hit the 60's today and boy do I have spring fever. I was out looking around today and have green at the base of a lot of perenniels. I see that my capachino rudbeckia is coming back. I only have foliage last year so am assuming I will have flowers this year. Can't wait. Would like to do a little bit of garden cleaning this weekend but we are due for a lot of rain. I can't complain about rain cause that will bring up the spring bulbs.

Looking forward to getting my name for this swap. Will be getting my box together this weekend since it will rain anyway. Margo

• crisann
    14 years ago

Hi everyone ~

My box is ready to go ~ can't wait to find out who my swap partner is!! We have had rain and fog all week and rain/snow mix today -- I am ready for some sunshine!

Hope you all are having a good evening!

crisann

14 years ago

Hi everyone ! Well we are getting liquid sunshine now but at least its in the 50s - 60s , I started a lot of my seeds under my grow lights in the garage the past week ... I will be working on my box this weekend and doing some spring cleaning since its supposed to rain all weekend ... C'mon back spring sunshine !

~Iris

• smitties
    14 years ago

I think we are supposed to get our names today. Flowers hasn't been around since last weekend so I hope all is ok. There hasn't really been much activity around so I hope everyone who has signed up is still interested.

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi everyone I am ready to draw names I had to work all day just got in drawing them now you will all get a email

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

here is the swap list.please let me know you all have your info.please send march 20th priorty mail with a dc.
    and post there thank you all for playing

flowers- debbya-
    Smitties- flowers-
    rane- smitties-
    crisann- pinkhill-
    cryptid- christine00-
    pinkhill- rane-
    christine00-cryptid-
    debbya-crisann-

• crisann
    14 years ago

Hi,

Yipppeee -- can't wait to send my box.

The sun is trying to peek through the clouds -- Yay!!

Have a great afternoon!!

crisann

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

there is one I have not heard from on the swap Pinkhill
    Please contact me to let me know you have your swap partner so we dont hold up the swap

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey all tomorrow is the BIG DAY March 20th Day we ship out our packages.
    Please post here dc thanks everyone for being a huge part of the spring swap.Flowers

14 years ago

Hi everyone ! Happy Spring !! I did hear from PinkHill, she's been enjoying her spring break sans the internet ... Its going to be a sunny warm day ! Loving it ! I have Margo's box ready to take to the post office, I will be working in the yard today and probably tomorrow, lots of clean up and planning to do ;-) A great way to start spring , don't you think ? ;-) I have quite a few sprouts springing up under my grow lights in the garage ... lovely signs of things to come ;-) Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend ... I will post my DC to Margo here later ;-)

~Iris

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi all happy spring! enjoy the first day of spring
    debbya here is your dc Tracking: 9101010521297776745336
    Flowers

• smitties
    14 years ago

My package was posted this morning and the DC is 04172748782047055957. Hope you like it Robin.

Sunny here but the cooler weather has returned. I have a great display of crocus and the daffs and narcissus should be blooming soon. The tulips will soon follow. Such happy signs that spring is on the way. Woo hoo

Have a wonderful and happy weekend. Margo

• Christine00
    14 years ago

cryptid your dc number is 0309-1140-0001-0120-0394. hope you enjoy!

14 years ago

Spent most of the day in the yard, what a fabulous warm and sunny day it was ! The daffodils are blooming, the irises and tulips are pushing up and the robins are out and about pulling up worms, I asked them to leave a few for the soil ;-) I noticed the lilies, italian parsley, oregano , chives, sedum and hollyhocks are coming up too ... woo hoo !
    Margo, I mailed your box this morning , hope you like it ! the DC # is 0309 1830 0000 7236 1564 ;-)
    Now its time to order pizza , pick out a movie and relax ;-)
    Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend !

~Iris

• crisann
    14 years ago

Hi

Pinkhill -- here is your dc # 0309 2880 0001 0931 5678 - Hope you enjoy everything!

My BF and I went for a drive this afternoon so I could play with my new camera lens and we got some really neat pictures of some bald eagles!

have a great evening!!

crisann

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Update of boxes sent
    flowers- debbya- sent
    Smitties- flowers- sent
    rane- smitties- sent
    crisann- pinkhill- sent
    cryptid- christine00-
    pinkhill- rane-
    christine00-cryptid-
    debbya-crisann-

• smitties
    14 years ago

crisann, great shot. Looks like you have a nice camera.

• crisann
    14 years ago

Hi

Thanks smitties -- I am still a newbie with my camera -- but what better (and fun) way to learn than to get out and take lots of pics! :)

Can't wait till the boxes start arriving!! Yayyy!!

have a good night
    crisann

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi everyone I dont know why everyone else has not posted it said when people join the swap needs to go out on the 20th.I emailed other players and got one response she will send tomorrow.This will be my last swap I host.
    I wish that players would simply follow the rules.so everyone enjoys the swap.Thanks to had sent.I had to send in my last swap 2 x I cant do it this time.I do hope others come and post and everyone has a great swap package.Flowers

• Christine00
    14 years ago

flowers, i posted my dc number for cryptid but it doesnt look like its showing up on your sent list?

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pinkhill I did get your response ,if you look up above to my statement I said one person responded that was you.I had several others didnt email me back.When I do a swap.it would be nice if we could all just follow what it is posted would be fair on everyones part,and why does it happen one person will be offended,when that is not what I wrote.I said I will not host any more because i am trying to get people to email they sent and day they are suppost to send so it would be fair if everyone got there box.
    Update on the boxes sent

Update of boxes sent
    flowers- debbya- sent
    Smitties- flowers- sent
    rane- smitties- sent
    crisann- pinkhill- sent
    cryptid- christine00-
    pinkhill- rane- she contacted me and her player
    christine00-cryptid- sent sry I missed yours
    debbya-crisann-

I got my swap from smitties today
    margo sent tulipes thank you
    chocolate bunny
    2 sticky note pads these will get used LOL
    a cute candle in a plant watering pot
    sage and citrus candle i love those iuse them alot
    garden shovel with measuring numbers on it I love it
    oraganic soap love that
    baggies for seeds noone can ever have enough
    better homes and gardens mag.I cant wait to read
    10 notecards these will get used
    a rabbit in pail,with miracle grow singles,seeds moisturing lotion and pen how cute-sent easter gift
    4 lady bug chocolates
    necklace in a easter egg
    Thank you for everything margo I love it.flowers

• smitties
    14 years ago

Flowers, that got there quick. I didn't expect it would get to you til tomorrow. I love the lobby kiosks. I always try to use it as I don't have to stand in line and I can do it at my convenience because the lobby is always open.

I am glad you enjoyed your package. I hope you like the necklace. I forgot to add something to the end of the extender so it looks incomplete. Of course, if you don't need it, you can use a needle nose pliers to remove it.

I am sorry you are no longer going to be able to host exchanges. I understand it must be frustrating at times. I know I caused a bit of a problem with the last exchange by forgetting to have hubby mail my package priority.

I am looking forward to getting my box. I imagine it will arrive tomorrow and I am off. :)

Have a good day everyone. Margo

• smitties
    14 years ago

:( Just did a quick check on my DC number and this is the message I found.

Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

It should have been delivered today but I guess it went to the wrong place. Hope it arrives tomorrow. Silly post office.

14 years ago

awww ... I sure do hope you get your box tomorrow Margo, the post office hasn't been doing so good lately, while I was there Sat morning mailing your box I was also resending a swap that never arrived to its destination last week ... grrrr...

~Iris

• cryptid
    14 years ago

Christine, your box is on its way! DC# 0309 2880 0001 2084 4331

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

My box arrived today. Mine will go out tomorrow, so sorry for the delay. I had a very busy weekend, plus some wacky crazy weather! Our power went out/lost our internet, and of course with no power- no heat! My poor birds were under quilt covers!

I better get back to the box I received from Robin! ;) I have to make lunches yet for tomorrow.

Robin sent-

Hand crochet pony tail holder
    Christmas towel (hand crochet hook with button) very pretty!

Plastic sticks to mark plants

Seeds! ;)

Assorted candy

2 Asiatic lily bulbs/Tango strawberry and cream

1 Tiger lily orange bulb

Hazelnut coffee (enough for a pot) yum!

Prayer book! I love these!

Thanks so much Robin for the fantastic box! I love everything you sent!

I'll post the DC tomorrow for my box when it goes out. Again, I'm soooo sorry it's late. It should arrive with in two days hopefully. Priority seems to be running ok again.

Hugs,
    Deb

• smitties
    14 years ago

It came, it came!!! My box from Iris came today. Drum roll please

Box of brownie mix-great idea
    Jar of peach butter-gonna try it on my English muffin tomorrow
    Some iris-I will always remember who sent them. :)
    A pack of recipe cards using herbs and vegies from the garden
    A sitting frog
    A little frog on a flower hook
    A frog sitting on a watering ball
    A little basil plant marker which I am using for my new seedlings already
    (The above items are hard to describe but very cute)
    6 pink jumbo tulip bulbs
    Aquafina lipbalm
    Ghiradelli chocolate bar
    5 pack of colored roller pens daughter tried to grab
    Seed envies of which you can never have enough of
    A farmers almanac which is another cool idea
    A huge assortment of seeds including chocolate flower, double coreopsis, calendula, and much more.

Thank you so much Iris for the box. I enjoyed it all and appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Thank you Flowers for another great swap. Happy spring everyone. Margo

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Debbie I am so glad it arrived glad you liked what I sent:0)
    Margo sounds like you had a great box delievered as well.
    I cant wait to see what you all get I am glad to see these are moving.
    It is nice to make a cpl of friends here to nite all I am exchusted

• Christine00
    14 years ago

my box came from cryptid today! i had so much fun looking through it!! thank you so much darrin! rain lilys,seeds!, gardening gloves, burts bees chapstick, cute little ladybug thingies, crocheted butterfly, suncatcher windchime wow!!, hazelnut milk chocolate bar, keychain flashlight, screwdriver, rose-honey soap, butterfly, permanent markers, pretty pens, cross stitch kit, beautiful homemade card! seeds are.. marigold, morning glory,helichrysum,big rainbow tomato!,burgundy bush beans,yellow coneflower,pink hollyhock, sunflower, canterbury bells. little garden bugs! cute! this is great!!

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

My box for Crisann went out today. I had it totally packed just waiting for the 'live' things to go in at the last second before shipping.

I hope you love what I sent Crisann! ;)

DC# 0306 1070 0001 7512 1590

Sorry it's late...

Hugs,
    Deb

• crisann
    14 years ago

oh boy -- you've got me all curious now! -- can't wait to see what arrives in my box! :)

planted some seed last week -- and almost every pot has some little seedlings peeking out!

Happy Spring!!
    crisann

• cryptid
    14 years ago

My fun box from Christine (christine00) arrived yesterday. Would've posted this then, but I was all tangled up in a bunch o' stuff we had to do, and at the end of the day I scarcely had presence of mind enough to do anything or anyone justice in any form. This evening, however, is different! :)

From Christine, then:

-Gevalia Kaffe "Amaretto" coffee - Yum sounding! Haven't tried it yet, but will very soon! Special stuff, from Sweden! And a nice big vaccuum bag of it, too!

-"Black Raspberry & Vanilla" hand soap (pump type) - Great scent! Instantly put into use!

-Small, blue metal bucket planter - Cute! Now I just have to figure out what to plant in it,...or maybe I'll use it
    for something else... :)

-Red Canna rhizome - Kewlest!! A big ol' honkin' chunk!! Think I'll put it in a large planter, just in case our resident commando gophers have received new training and equipment.

-Foil wrapped chocolate candies - Instantly snagged by Elly for her and our son! LOL!

-Small ziplock seed bags - Always, always ALWAYS a welcome practical addition! :)

-Floral scented candle in glass container - Alas, the glass component did not survive transport. No biggie, though, the candle itself is the most important part and remains quite salvageable!

Thanks uber muchly, Christine! - Hmmm,...perhaps tomorrow morning for the coffee, as it's suddenly turned cold and rainy again. ;)

Darrin

• crisann
    14 years ago

HI
    Just tracked my box and it should be here tomorrow --- can't wait, can't wait, Can't Wait!!

have a good nite everyone!

crisann

• crisann
    14 years ago

Hi
    I received my box from debbya today! WOW!! it contained:

~ purple wandering jew cutting (had one years ago but it died when we moved -- can't wait to get it growing)
    ~ hoya cutting (never had -- can't wait to see it growing!)

~ orange pixie asiatic lilies (sounds cool)

~ curly spider plant cutting (love these plants)

~ oriental lily mix bulbs (never had -- can't wait to try)

~ yellow jonquil bulbs (cool!)

~ 3 large narcissus bulbs (can't wait to try)

~ african violet cuttings (love violets!)

~ a wind sock (always love garden goodies!)

~ a very generous bag of seeds (8 packs!)

Thank you so much, debbya, for your generosity -- Looks like I will have a great garden!

Thank you flowers for hosting this swap -- it was great!!

Have a great evening!

Thanks again!
    Crisann

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good morning gardener's I have been away for a cpl days returned last night after a 8hr drive.Checking in with you to see how things are going so I am going to update.
    The weather is yuck we had warm days before i left to travel to my daughters and returned to hubby using wood stove and freezing cold nights.after plants are coming up and going in shock.
    flowers- got
    Smitties-got
    rane-did you get your box or did I miss the post?
    crisann- got
    cryptid- got
    pinkhill- Did you get your package I have seen you post?
    christine00-got
    debbya-got
    I guess what I am seeing if i am wrong is pinkhill,and rane correct me if I am wrong?

14 years ago

Hi Flowers, I haven't received my box yet. PinkHill emailed me Monday to tell me she mailed it ;-) I keep meaning to email her and ask what the DC # is so I can track it and see why its taking so long to get here .

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend, it was sunny but a bit chilly , had to wear a sweatshirt to work in the yard, I made up my own container mix today and planted my snap peas and a few more seeds under my grow lights ;-) I got my fingernails dirty ;-) lol that means it was a good day ! I did scare off a herd of deer in the woods just behind my garden spot ... they must be waiting for the veggies ... hmmm ....

~Iris

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Iris please let me know when you get the box,I am posting here and i emailed you.Flowers