Swap Partners

Who's In:

Kathy/SouthernCharm1 Patti/Patti1957

Christy/Bonechickchris Bonnie/Highalttransplant

Carolynp Kamil/KamilJablo

Toni/Dirtdiggin Becky/Booberry

Tracy/Acres Nancy/Luvgardening2

JD/Dmboles Kathy/SouthernCharm1

Please have your partners packages in the mail by the 6th, unless a later date is agreed upon. Let the fun begin!!! :D

Comments (52)

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Please post here when you receive, we also love hearing what everyone receives. :) Thanks again for participating!!! :D

• booberry85
    15 years ago

No word from my partner yet.
    :(

Toni, where are you?

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Forgot to post, I have been in contact with both JD and Patti. :)

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Hi Becky,

I'm not sure what's up with the email on GW, but I also sent you an email...I didn't receive yours :(

I'll send from outlook

Toni

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Sorry Toni,

I wonder what's up. I'll try to email you using Outlook as well.

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Hi Toni! I did get your email. I just responded. I hope you get it!

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

How's everyone coming along with getting things together for their swap partner? I'm having loads of fun with this one. Probably going overboard again, it's just too hard to resist controlling myself! haha :)

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

My partner and I have been chatting, and I placed an order for a few things for this swap and the Sunny Side one, which should come in just in time for the deadline.

I'm excited about some of the selections I found, and may have to sneak a few seeds for myself before I send them out : )

Bonnie

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bonnie - Sounds great! I try to order things my partner and I both would like, that way I can keep a few of the seeds for myself too. :) We both win this way. lol :)
    I'm hoping I get my orders in before the deadline too. I just couldn't resist placing an order with SSE this time. They have such wonderful and yummy looking edibles! :)

Fran

• booberry85
    15 years ago

I used my ESP and bought seeds for my partner already. We're getting a snow storm tonight that's suppose to last through Saturday and another one for Monday. ~sigh~ So while we had a break in the weather, I scrambled and got my partners seeds together and sent them off. Yup! There on their way Toni!

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Kathy, I ordered from SSE a couple years ago, but it was a Christmas gift, and I had it sent directly to them. That was before I was a complete seed crazed nutbar ... I'll know better next time, LOL!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Kathy, I do NOT read this before now, but that is ok cuz I got you back already on the WOW Thanks Swap thread...lol
    I forgot you asked for the link, I got busy, but I will send it right now BEFORE I forget again!

:) Fran

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Our Saturday snow storm turned out to be a dud (thank goodness!) We had a sunny day. I hope the next two snow storms we're suppose to get turn out to be the same. It's a balmy 32 degrees outside right now (that's actually a warm temp for us right now.)

I thought we could use some facts about Cupid.This comes from About.com

Appearance:
    A small winged boy in later depictions. In early images, he was often shown as a beautifully-formed, full-grown man.

Symbol or Attribute:
    His quiver and arrows. He is sometimes shown riding a dolphin or lion.

Strengths:
    Beautiful, inspiring

Weaknesses:
    Capricious, or at least humans see his arrows as striking somewhat randomly.

Parents:
    Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love, and Ares, the God of War. Poor kid! But earlier accounts make him one of the oldest gods, active long before either of his parents. He is said to have caused the creation of Okeanos and Tethys, who were also very early Greek deities.

Spouse:
    In his Cupid guise, he is said to have mated with Psyche, whose name means Soul. Poor Psyche ran into major in-law problems - see below.

Children:
    By Psyche, Volupta or Pleasure; Nyx (Night). With Chaos he is said to have created all birds.

Some Major Temple Sites:
    He had a sanctuary on Mount Helion.

Basic Story:
    Some say there are two Eroses (Cupids), the elder who is the early god, and the other who is the eternally young son of Aphrodite. The "elder" Eros was the cause of the birth of the race of immortal gods and goddesses. The "younger" Eros is the one depicted as a winged boy, the son of Aphrodite, considered to be both the most beautiful and the youngest of the gods.

But even in this form, kids grown up. Problems ensue when Eros (called Cupid in this story) falls in love with Psyche. His radiance is such that for her own safety, he insists that she must never look upon his face, and he only visits her at night. At first, she's cool with this, but her sisters and family insist that her husband must be a grotesque and dangerous monster. Finally, to shut them up, one night she lights a lamp and sees his glorious beauty, which doesn't blast her but does make her tremble so hard she shakes the lamp. A few drops of hot oil dribble on her beloved, burning him, and he flies away from her in physical pain compounded by the pain of knowing she doubted him.

His mom, Aphrodite, is angry over the injury and over the concealed relationship. While Cupid recovers, Aphrodite hopes to get Psyche out of the way permanently by making life extraordinarily difficult for her daughter-in-law. This takes the form of various potentially deadly tasks such as dropping by to get some beauty lotion from Persephone in the Underworld, and, while you're out, Psyche, could you pick up some bottled water from the River of the Dead (the Styx)?

But Cupid eventually recovers, comes to her rescue, and they marry. As is appropriate, the God of Love gets a happy-ever-after.

Alternate Name:
    Sometimes referred to as Cupid by Roman (Eros is the Greek) writers and translators.

Interesting Fact:
    The word "erotic", meaning sexual love, comes from the name of Eros. However, even in ancient times, his quality of love was thought to be spiritual as well as physical, and was generally believed to be the deity who caused the love of beauty, healing, freedom, and many other good things as well as the love between people.

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL Bonnie, I know how that is!!! I have done that so many times and then thought later, man I should have kept some of those cause I really wanted to try it. lol We're all seed addicts, will we ever plant all of these great seeds?!?! I don't know, but, it's great meeting so many people who enjoy gardening and chatting about it. I've met some of the nicest people on here because of gardening. :D

Fran, oh girl! ROFL You know I saw that... I was laughing so hard I had to tell my hubby about that! OH and thank you very much for sending me that link! Yesterday when you posted that I was at my MIL's house looking on Craigslist for her and there was an ad on there for a free Husband! ROFL I was going to post a link to it here but whoever posted it took it off. Poor lady, I felt so bad for her when she was giving all the reasons she was giving her "King" away, he sounded like a real jerk... She couldn't even give him away. LOL!.

Becky, I'm glad that you had a nice day after all. Those storms are pretty bad. Our friends in Kentucky are stuck without electricity caused from the main line into their town being out, and all the local stores are out of food. Her husband made a trip to Indiana to get some groceries and it took him 10 hours just to go and get back. It's awful! Stay warm and safe! :) I enjoyed reading those facts about Cupid too. Thank you for sharing those. :D

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Snow storm # 2 is going to miss us! Hurray! We're still suppose to get snow on Wednesday, but it's not suppose to be the major snow storm they were first predicting. I can actually see asphalt in my driveway now (instead of snow and ice!) Yeah! I'm tired of shoveling the driveway. I'm tired of looking out the window and only seeing white.

Toni, you may get your package as early as today. I checked the tracking # and your package is already in Washington!

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Are you ready for this? Snow storm number 3 is missing us! The meteorologist is 0 for 3! I'm definitely not complaining though!

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Just got back from sending Becky's package - DC is 0103 8555 7496 0156 8616 and our Mail Room had a leak a couple of days ago, so packages had been placed aside so they didn't get wet. Wasn't that nice of them? Well I should be thankful being this is a "seed" swap lol. Don't want those little gems growing before their time.

Had an email from Becky last night and she asked if I'd received mine yet cause the DC said it had been delivered Monday. Well I hadn't received it, so when sending out hers, I asked about mine. It had been there since TUESDAY :/ Well I haven't gone through it yet, but I will now and post what was sent.

Ohh this is just too exciting!!!!

Toni

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Okay, now that I messed that up...here's the real number for your package. 0103 8555 7495 5922 0987

Got it mixed up with another DC I had sitting here. Sorry :o/

OH MY GOODNESS Becky.... You went ALL out!!!!!

I mixed them all up as I was sifting through, so they aren't in order by trade... sorry, I just got too excited and my little one was a very big help...he kept saying, "Hey I wanted those" LOL. I think I have them seperated by swap, but maybe not...so they are all listed below :)

So, I'll post this in both forums cause Becky was my trading partner in both.

So here is my goodies list :)

An adorable card with a paper heart that comes off and you plant the heart and it grows :) inside the card she explains that she separated them by theme...but hey what can I say. The excitement just takes over...can I blame my little one?? LOL only partly cause I was as big of a kid as he was hehe.

The cutest pair of heart stockings - I know this one's for the Cupid swap :)
    And adorable butterfly magnet that came with little coloring pens - it's like a page out of a coloring book.
    A package of really cute note cards - They say, "Too Much Of A Good Thing Is Wonderful" and there's a little girl with a kitten on the front and she's sitting amongst a buch of bowls filled with cherries.
    White Bush scallop squash - pattypan
    Nasturtium -Empress of India
    Cosmic Red mini sweet peppers
    Chioggia Beet
    Watermelon Radish
    White habanero peppers
    Brandywine Pink Tomato
    Oregon Spring Tomato
    Chinese Giant Sweet Pepper

Sweet Chocolate Pepper
    Chocolate Habanero Peppers
    Waltham Butternut
    Purple Pod Beans
    Rattlesnake Pole Beans
    Zinnia - Envy ( Ohh I wanted these :) Thank you SOOOO MUCH!!!)
    Dragon Tongue Bean - My son has had his eye on these for a while :)

Juan Canary Melon
    Purira Hot Peppers
    Yellow Crimson Watermelon
    Pulla Hot Peppers
    Yellow Organic Bell Pepper
    Red Cheese Pepper
    Lemon Drop pepper
    Lemon Basil
    Early Golden Summer Crookneck
    Summerlong Basil
    Golden Beet
    Summerpack F1 Calabaza
    A pair of yellow and orange (almost like tie dye) gloves - Sunny Side swap :)

Thank you so much Kathy!!! This was a very exciting package. I really appreciate all the different types of seeds and my little one is eyeballing them as I'm typing...gotta watch him lol. Bless his heart, he wants to get out and dig in the dirt as bad as I do :)

Thanks again :)

Toni / Dirtdiggin

• booberry85
    15 years ago

I told you I had trouble sticking to limits!

Whew! I'm glad you got them! I was wondering if your post office was going to start their own garden. LOL! Hope you like the seeds. Enjoy!

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Oh Heck I forgot to mention the yummy recipes. I set them aside and forgot to post them.

Ohh yummmy....

Artichoke Salad mmmmmmmmm my mouth is watering!!! and....
    Tortellini Sald with Pine Nuts mmmmmmmmmm

As my little one used to say..."You're a good cooker" lol (and dang it he's growing up and doesn't say those cute little things anymore)

These sound delicious and I'm sure we'll be trying them out shortly :)

I wondered what might have happened to the package if it was scanned at the PO on Monday. But it's usually an additional day as all residential mail goes to one PO box and then it's brought across the the island. At least it all stayed dry :)

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Toni, sounds like you got some really great goodies! :) Good job Becky!!! :D I'm glad you enjoyed the swaps. :D

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

My seed order finally came in today, so I was able to get Christy's package out in time. Yippee!!!

DC# 0308 0660 0000 3762 0412

Hope you enjoy it!

Bonnie

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump...

• carolynp
    15 years ago

I saw you guys' notes on the SSE. What's the deal with sse anyway? I mean, is it kind of like the round robin, only you pay an annual fee?

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Carolynp, SSE is Seed Saver's Exchange. They have a Public catalog where anyone can buy. It is like any other seed company. Then if you become a member, it is $35.00 a year. You get 10% off your order from the Public Catalog and you will also get a Yearbook. In that Yearbook will be offers for all kinds of vegetables offered by other members. You have to pay a fee for each pack of seeds. It is a way to keep varieties alive. I hope I explained that okay.

Nancy

Nancy

• carolynp
    15 years ago

thank you Nancy!

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Becky- Your box is at the unit :) looks like you'll get it today YAYYY!!!!

• booberry85
    15 years ago

WhooHoo! I received my package from Toni, Dirtdiggin, today. Prepare to ooooH & aaaaH! She spoiled me! We were partners for both the Sunny Side Swap & Cupid's Heirlooms.

First off, Toni does tie dye crafts. I received a purple tie dye bandana. Very, very cool! Some blue & white gardening gloves, some fun coffees, mulling spices and sprinkled throughout the box were Hersheys Kisses (chocolate cherry) and Dove chocolate caramels!

For seeds I received:
    Watermelon radishes (great minds think alike!)
    White Icicle radishes
    Salad Giant radishes
    Red Bunching Onions
    Quadrato Rosso D' Asti peppers
    Red Noodle beans
    Uchiki Kuri squash
    Amish Paste tomatoes
    Caspian Pink tomatoes
    Great White tomatoes
    Mortgage Lifter tomatoes
    San Marzano 3 tomatoes

Thank you so much, Toni. You spoiled me! I felt like a kid at Christmas time!

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

I received my swap package from Tracy/Acres today. She was so GOOD to me. She GAVE me quite a few straight from my Wish List. Thanks Tracy!

My Box included a Heart Filled of Skittles, she remembered when I mentioned that I was eating them at Jury Duty, they are my favorite

Hand Crochet Seed Bag

Handmade Gardener's Soap- YUM! I have to try that!

And for the Seeds, I GOT:

Orange Watermelon
    Santa Claus Melon
    Moon and Stars Watermelon

New England Pie Squash
    Golden Hubbard
    Baby Blue Hubbard

Sweet Chocolate Mini and Regular Bells

Colorado River Beans
    Greasy Grit Pole Beans
    Heirloom Bush Bean Mix

Groshovka Tomato
    Cherokee Purple Tomato
    Reif Red Heart
    Anna Maria' Heart
    There may have been more, I sowed them this afternoon and may have forgotten to bring them back.

Tall Burgundy Amaranth
    Cupid Radish
    Red Ace Beets

Thanks again Tracy!

Nancy

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Aaawww...I'm not nearly as creative as you guys were! You guys are so cool!! Totally expected it of Tracy and Toni, though.

• purpleacres
    15 years ago

howdee

Received my mailer from Nancy all full of great yummy things and wonderful seeds.

included :

A bag of yummy soft werther's originals (hubby and I both love these)

A Yummy lip balm

Seeds included

Ropreco paste tomatoes
    heart of gold cantaloupe
    Red winter kale
    Valentine Lettuce
    Red lighting tomato
    Quadrato d asti rosso pepper
    Purple ruffles basil
    purple beauty bell pepper

I love all purple things and so I am really happy. I really want to expand my herb garden so the basil will come in handy there. The red kale actually looks purple on the package so i have to grow that :)

Thanks much Nancy :-)

Acres

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Wow! Kamil sent me some lovely sweets and these seeds:
    Thai Chili Peppers
    Sweet Orange Bell Pepper
    Red Hmong Cucumber
    Pink Oxheart tomatoes
    Big Dave's Red Tomato Blend
    Royal Burgundy Bush Bean
    Sugar Baby Watermelon
    Hops humulus
    Roma Tomato
    Ruby Red Swiss Chard
    Detroit Dark Red Beet
    Goji Berry
    Hungarian Sweet Pepper
    Black Seeded Yard Long Pole Beans
    Romano Pole Beans

Thanks so much Kamil! I was overwhelmed with your generousity.

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Hmph! Pouting 'cause my package didn't get here today.

Carolyn, that is a sweeeet list of seeds there!

Bonnie

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

GEez, I sent your package Bonnie, priority on Saturday!!!! What the heck? It should have been there :(

I did not get yours yet either, maybe we have a slow route between us.
    I would assume it would have to be there tomorrow. Priority is suppose to be 2-3 days and today is 3. That stinks! You pay extra money to send something fast and it still does not get there! (grumble)

Well I hope you get it soon! Christy

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Christy, I'm sorry I didn't send yours Priority, but it went out Friday, and it's only supposed to take 5 -7 days, so it should get there today or tomorrow.

Well, mine got here today, and can I just say that I was totally overwhelmed by your generosity! I feel so spoiled : )

Gosh, where to start.

2 little mini pots/grow kits, one with strawberry seeds, the other with Love in a Mist seeds. I am going to give these to the little ones for Valentine's! They will be so excited!

Strawberries and Champagne Body Butter, Lip Gloss, AND Diffuser Kit.

Hallmark chocolates

Seeds:
    Hollow Crown Parsnips (new for me, but on my wishlist)
    Nutri-Red Carrots (another of my wants!)
    Pepper Mariachi Hyb. (my wishlist is getting so short now!!!)
    Cucumbers 'Burpless'
    Bush Beans 'Black Valentine'
    Canteloupe 'Heart of Gold' (just the right size for my garden!)
    Onion 'Red Burgundy' (I may try to wintersow these)
    Swiss Chard 'Red and White Mix'
    Bean 'Scarlet Runner'
    Celery 'Redventure' (I've never grown celery, anyone have tips for me?)
    Tomato 'Sweetie'
    Corn 'Ruby Red Hyb.'
    Basil 'Red Rubin' (One can NEVER have too much basil!)
    Thai Mixed Greens

You are so SWEET! Thank you for being so good to me!!!

Bonnie

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I don't know what happened to my post for these DC's, must have not went through? lol

Dmboles - 04805401437082013323 Shows it got there yesterday :D

Patti1957 - 04805401437082013316 also shows it got there yesterday!!! :D

I hope you both liked your goodies! :) I haven't received Patti's package yet, it hasn't been scanned again since she mailed it off on Friday. :( Mail seems to be slow this week. Must be the holiday?

• patti1957
    15 years ago

I got my box of goodies from Kathy/Southerncharm1 yesterday. OH BOY did I get some great stuff!!!!!!!
    The shipping box was decorated with all kinds of valentine stickers. I am sure it had to be the envy of all the other packages at my post office!!!!!
    I got a card that she made with a cute Valentine rhyme: "Tomatoes are Red, Jarrahdale pumpkins are Blue, I really enjoyed picking all of these goodies for You !"
    I got a heart wind chime.
    2 pencils, one with pink lips all over it and the other with red hearts.
    A BIG (6 inches) reddish orange flower with a yellow center made from plaster of paris. Very pretty.
    A pretty butterfly that can hang from the outside of a plant pot.
    And one of my favorites in the box, a cherry Valentine Ring Pop-- I will have to fight my Grandson for that :-)
    She gave me tons of seeds (smiling).
    Love Lies Bleeding
    Sweet Basil
    True Lavender
    Red Chinese Giant Sweet Pepper
    Lovage
    Hearts of Gold Melon
    Red Blush Scallion
    Rose Tomato (one can never have enough tomatoes - looking forward to tasting this)
    Valentine Sunflower
    Tennessee Sweet Potato Squash (can't wait to see this)
    Burpee's Golden Beets
    Summer Savory
    Organic Lavender
    Dill
    Sweet William
    Carnation
    I have already started both lavenders and the sweet basil. I am so excited.
    Thanks so much Kathy, you have made my day.
    I almost forgot, it all come in a oval metal pot with pink, yellow and orange flowers and butterflies on it. With pink tissue paper that has red hearts and little monkeys all over it.
    Fun...... Fun............. Fun.....................
    Patti

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Awww Patti, I'm so very glad that you got everything and are enjoying it! I really had a fun time gathering it all up. I know you wanted the Sweet William and that it wasn't edible, but I just happened to have an extra pack to share. lol I hope you'll join us for more swaps when you can. :D I also hope everything grows well and fruits nicely for you. :D

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WOW!!! I'm jumping up and down at all the goodies I received today!!! Patti, you have completely made my day!!! What a wonderful Valentines day surprise!!!!! I'm so excited!!! OMG!!! This is one of the BEST Swaps ever!

I received 2 very BIG pretty boxes packed with 2 packs of Moose Munch, 1 milk chocolate and one dark chocolate. :D YUMMY!
    Heirloom Recipes and Kitchen wisdom cook book. AWESOME!!!!
    From Butte Creek Mill: (I can't wait to try these!)
    Adzuki Cooking Beans
    Anasazi cooking Beans
    Cookie Cutter Sugar Cookies Mix
    A very nice Heart shaped cookie cutter

For seeds (this is where I was completely BLOWN away!!!):
    Purple Cardinal Pole Beans
    Red Orr Asparagus Beans
    Greenway Asparagus Beans
    Lettuce Mesclun Valentine
    Rattlesnake Snap (Pole) Beans
    Scarlet Runner Beans
    Hyacinth Runner Beans
    Sunflower Velvet Queen
    Nasturtium "Indian Chief"
    Nasturtium "Moonlight"
    Grass Pea
    Calendula "Pink Surprise"
    Black Valentine Bush Beans
    Yellow Indian Woman Bush Beans
    White Habanero
    Quadrato Asti Rossa
    Dulce Rojo Paprika
    Stupice Tomato
    Mortgage Lifter Tomato
    Amana Orange Tomato
    Big Orange Tomato
    Serrano Tomato
    Brandywine Tomato
    Oregon Spring
    Early Jalapeno

I also received a bubble envie from Patti that had a Sweet Pea Garden in it!!!
    It contained:
    Black Knight
    America
    Miss Willmot
    Cupanis Original
    Kind Edward VII

Patti, I owe you big time!!! I feel so blessed to have received all of these wonderful goodies! :D Thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!
    (((((BIG HUGS)))))

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I see everyone has received their packages except Kamil and I haven't received from Dess/Dmboles. Please let me know if you got your package Kamil so I can take you off the waiting list. :) Thanks!!! :D

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Wooo...I mailed Kamil's more than 2 weeks ago. He may be too busy running the edible flower swap. I'm guessing he just hasn't posted because they haven't been returned to me.

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

... and I know that Christy hasn't posted yet either, but she emailed me to say that she received it. She's been out of town, and busy with the Totally Tomatoes swap.

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

I am so sorry! Bonnie is going to beat me! haha! I am so stuck in the tomato gutter! Please pull me out! haha!

I got this great box from Bonnie the other day!

I got this really awesome book, "Gifts from my Garden" filled with reflections, thoughts, sayings, etc. I love it!

Got a bunch of candies! Yummy!

Got these seeds

Hendersons Black Valentine Bean got her this too!
    Calai Garbanzo Bean ( cant wait to try this one!)
    Orange Fleshed Purple Smudge (just when I thought I had enough with tomatoes, she found one that I really really wanted! yes, I have problems!)

Sunset Lettuce, great minds think a like!
    Red Perilla heard good things!
    Chinese Red Noodle Bean, never tried it!
    Corno di Toro Rosso! Really wanted to try this!
    Patio Red Marconi I can plant these instead of flowers in my pots on my porch!
    Alma Paprika Pepper , never tried it!
    Red Sails Lettuce, always wanted to try this one!
    Red Basil, I LOVE basil!
    Red Amaranth! Gonna try this too!

Thanks so much for a great loot! Sorry for posting so late! Christy

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

How could I be mad after all of the loot you sent me??? : )

The Alma Paprika Pepper is good fresh, but I use mine for Paprika powder. The first year, I hung it to dry, which worked fine, but took a long time. This year, I got smart and used the dehydrator. Only took half a day. I used my coffee grinder to turn it in to powder, which worked great, though it did stain it for a week or two, LOL.

Oh, and guess what? The Black Valentine you sent was a bush bean, and the one I sent was a pole bean. I didn't even realize there were two different kinds.

Thanks again, Christy, for a wonderful swap!

Bonnie

• carolynp
    15 years ago

BTW: one of the things I would be happy to share with anyone who wants a couple is the cool melon I got:
    Sweet Passion
    An Ohio heirloom that has been grown since the 1920s. According to legend, the sweet orange flesh is said to cause a state of passion if eaten straight from the garden on a moonlit summer night. It has succulent flesh that is very sweet, aromatic and very finely flavored. Fruit weigh 3-4 lbs, and are produced on vines that have some drought and wilt resistance.

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Carolyn, you have mail : )

• carolynp
    15 years ago

I haven't gotten that email yet. : ( Sometimes yahoo gets excited about tossing bulkmail and gets a few non-bulk mails, too. Would you resend your address and I'll get those seeds out to you right away. I'm eager to find out if anyone actually eats one with their honey on a moonlit night in the garden.

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

Wow Bonnie, I am glad you told me about that with the beans. I probably would have just planted the ones you gave me and the few I took , all together! Thats cool! I know I wanted to get you bush because of your small garden so you could plant them in a container if you wanted. Hmm, did not even know that they came in 2 different types with the Valentine bean.Always learnign something new!

Christy

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Seems to me that eating anything with your honey straight from the garden on a summers moonlit night would cause some kinda passion. hehehe

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Carolyn, I emailed you directly this time. Let me know if it doesn't come through.

Bonnie