Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: mnf jan 2010 swap - new beginnings part 2

Posted by dan_the_mailman Michigan (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 5, 10 at 20:12

Okay, here's the new thread. Please start posting here, thanks!
Peace.
-Dan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: mnf jan 2010 swap - new beginnings part 2

If you need to read the rules for this swap, please go to part 1. I've provided a link below.
Thanks.

-The Management

Here is a link that might be useful: Part One of this Swap

o

"dragging over another table and putting out a few more chairs"..my, the place is filling up nicely!

o

Linda I brought some chair cushions. My butt is starting to hurt with all this waiting for partners :op I am horrible at waiting. I usually look at the calender 10 times a day to see what day it is and how many days till what ever event I am waiting for. Funny thing now is that I don't have a new calender so I keep looking at December hoping it will tell me something. Ok I am a little psycho.

My box is filling up. It's amazing how much you can pack into that little box.

Heidi

o

I'm anxious to pick my flower and get my box on the highway. I love the fact that the box is ready before I need it to be!
Linda, did you put a nice big pitcher of Sangria on that table?
I'm thirsty.
Alana

o

Hi All!!
I'm a 32 y/o stay at home mom of 3. My oldest daughter is 9, my only son is 6, & the baby girl is 3. We live in the north GA mountains.I am a total coffee nut.I love to feed the birds, bake, cross stitch, read & of course garden. Brugmansia, daylilies & iris are my favorite plants.We have 2 dogs of unknown breeds. Sasha(she might have some sheperd in her)is 6 & Diego(lab of some sort) is 3.

Wow Dan!! This is a huge turn out!!!My box will be ready to go ASAP. Seeds or plants work for me.

later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

P.S.
I'm a Facebook & Wii addict too!!

o

Hdiperna and Lindaruzicka ~ I'm in Greensburg, PA; about 40 miles east of Pittsburgh. Not sure about Sunbury. But looking at Mapquest, I think it's about 3-1/2 to 4 hours east of me. I can't stand the weather right now, but I'm going to try WinterSowing for the first time to try and take away the winter blues. Obviously with gardening my favorite time of the year is spring and summer. :)

My kids help me sometimes. Their ages are 18, 16, 14, 9 and 21 months. Yes, I have one in college and one in diapers. :) My 16-year-old son helps me a lot with lugging mulch around; my 9-year-old son helps me plant some of the flowers; and my 14-year-old daughter helps with watering! My 18-year-old wants nothing to do with gardening. :( She's in college for architecture and interior design, so maybe it'll grow on her in time. The almost two-year-old will probably UNdo everything I do this spring when he's helping. Sometimes it's best to wait for naptime when I really want to get things done, or wait for hubby to get home. :) Last year he got into the dirt pretty good, so not much got done with him helping. :)

Glad you enjoyed the pics. I need to take more this year. There are so many things I never got around to taking. But I got my own digital camera for Christmas! I was using my daughter's all the time because all I had was a 35mm. So she was thrilled when I got my very own. She said she was tired of all the "flower" pictures on her camera. Her friends would ask her why they were on there.

This is so much fun. Glad I joined seed swap! It's great to meet everyone.....

Alicia

o

Dan when are you posting partners???
Come on I'm ready already!!! Can't wait :o)
Heidi you are right It's amazing how much you can put in that little little box.

Hurry up Dan I can't wait anymore!!! WHY you ask??
Because Santa was broke this year and I didn't get a present this Christmas, this will be my only present.
So hurry... I havent even taken my tree down waiting on my box, so I can open it by my tree. WOOOO HOOOO I'm getting a box WOOO HOOOOOO!!!!! jumping up and down.
Hugs, Carmen

o

Alicia..you live in Greensburg????...I live right above Harrison City along Rt 130..geez! We're about 20 mintues from each other!!.."shaking your hand"..Hi neighbor!!..."L"!

Okay, got sangria, flavored coffee, assorted tea, cushions, brownies and coffee cake.."peering over table"..did I forget anything?...

o

Oh, wow! Hi neighbor! I can't believe you live 20 minutes away from me. What a small world. And boy, coffee cake and tea and everything else sounds delicious! We'll have to make it a point to get together. So glad I joined the
swap.

Alicia

o

we will DEFINATELY have to get together...we can have lunch. We can also swap plants in the spring..."rubbing hands together"..oh boy, my very own gardenweb buddy...LOL!!

o

Heidi -

I experimented with WSing a little last year. I did a few tomato plants and though the germination rate wasn't great, the plants that did come up were very hardy. I plan to do more this year (sure beats planting trays in every window and rigging up lights!) I will have to check out the WS forum. I imagine most of the flower seeds I have should go out now. That would be a good project.

Ready for partners!

Hope everyone has a great day :-)

~ Tracy

o

Partner picking will begin Saturday morning. The earlier you log on, the more choices of flowers you will have. Confused? Then let me explain it once again. I will associate each of us with a certain type of flower, then post a list of those flowers. Each of you will come here at some point during the weekend, hopefully before Sunday morning, and choose a flower. Then, Sunday afternoon, I will begin e-mailing you all with the name and address of the person you are sending your finished box to on Monday.
Choosing will be on a first-come, first-served basis, and I'm reserving the right to not post the list until 9am on Saturday, so those of you who have my phone number, calling me will do you no good! Linda, you behave!!! (chuckle)

o

"peering over Dan's shoulder and finding my name"...Dan! Skunk cabbage is NOT a flower!!

o

sometimes one person's weed is another person's flower, and that's all I'm saying....lol

o

Well, I was planning on sleeping in Saturday morning but that is not going to happen now. I shall be waiting for Dan to post those flowers. (I will have to borrow one of Heidi's seat cushions for my chair as I will start early). I can't wait.

Snow expected tomorrow night. They are calling for 2-4 inches but the blowing is suppposed to cause more problems. My kids are rooting for a snowday on Friday. I have to work regardless so it doesn't matter to me.

Started packaging up the seeds tonight. Boy do I have a lot of seeds.

o

No snow for us down here, but the overnight low on Saturday is supposed to be 22 degrees. Brrrrrr! I'm just hoping my makeshift greenhouse holds up!

Had lots of fun today looking for stuff for my box. Now I just need to get to the PO and get one.

Alicia, I received a digital camera a couple of years ago from my DH. I have had so much fun with it. My old SLR camera has been gathering dust ever since, sad to say. Make sure you have an additional disk, you know, just in case you get carried away and run out of room before you can download everything! I'm so paranoid about saving computer files that I make sure to have hard copies of the photos and an accompanying CD before I delete them from the camera. Sad to say, but I'm the only one in the family that gardens. My daughter did help me with the raised beds last spring for the vegies, and she did go pick out the plants/seeds and help plant, but that's the only time. My son is the official mulch bag mover. My hubby's theory on gardening is, "If you can't eat it, why plant it?" LOL!

Dan - you're not another one of those addicted to Farmville people, now are you? hee hee - my son and I play it, but my husband and daughter think we're crazy. Maybe we are, but I heard this morning that there were over 70 million of us out there!

o

LAST CALL...LAST CALL...LAST CALL
Later today I will post an updated listing of who's playing, how they're doing on their box, and whether or not receiving plants are okay with them. Everyone has until MIDNIGHT tomorrow (Friday) to post how they are doing on their box, AND e-mail me with their mailing information.
Only those people who have done everything will be eligible to go flower-picking, and all the decisions made by the judges (Bump and Stella) will be final. Flower-picking will begin early Saturday morning.
If anyone has not sent in their mailing information, or posted that their box is ready, I will pair them up with someone in the same boat, and they can work out a swap between themselves. This way, everyone can participate in a swap this month.

And, on a side note, I found this out about skunk cabbage...The leaves are large, 40-55 cm long and 30-40 cm broad. It flowers early in the year; the flowers are produced in a 5-10 cm long spadix contained within a spathe, 10-15 cm tall and mottled purple in colour. It flowers in the early spring, when only the flowers are visible above the mud, with the stems buried below and the leaves emerging later. The rhizome is often 30 cm thick.

((GRIN))...Not saying a word...

Peace.
-Dan

o

Dan - I'm still really sick but I will be ready for mailout on time. In fact I may just make something to put in my box with my seeds.
Heidi - You said the magic words, I love to show off what I have been making. I started experimenting with cement about 5 years ago with a couple of tufa planters, then a regular cement planter, then cement mushrooms. Then I discovered cement aluminates, which you can paint on hardware cloth. I made a few freeform bonsai pots and an insert for my frog's aquarium. Last year I discovered a new cement product that I used to make cement "origami".
I recently taught myself how to make a latex form and pour sculptures. I made six "gnome" and "fairy" houses for holiday gifts. Here is link to one of my Gnome homes, I make the pot too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gnome home

o

My box is ready!

o

Hello my good friends,
WOW! Imagine my surprise when i turned on this morning, so many new players,this is Great!
I came home early, we are having a snow storm, and more on the way,so Wayne thought i should come home early,bummer.
Brenda and i still had time to make a LOT of soap.I think we made around 240 bars,a good turn out,we are happy with what we did.They have a big show at the end of Jan.so they are now set.
We still have a mess in the basement,while i was gone,Wayne had to take up most of the carpet,move EVERYTHING out of the way,turned up the heat,and put a few dehumidifiers down there,insurance will not cover the damage,listen to this, cause we did not have tile coverage,so, ya all better call and ask your agent about your coverage,who would think you needed tile coverage eh?What exactly DOES our insurance cover,we are insurance poor,and for what i ask you,:0(
We are switching companies,and we WILL , have tile coverage. HA!
The house has stuff every where,can't even walk a straight line, i wanna go somewhere,boo whoooooooooooooooo.
Can't do much of any thing,so guess what i will be doing today, yep! WSing,all day long,yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hiedi, you nephew is darling,he looks big in the picture,but he was so tiny.Thanks for posting the picture.
Oh my gosh,
I just saw the ad on TV,for the dance wii,ok, every one tell me all about it, how much fun is it, really?
What kind of songs are on there, (i really do not like Rap music)i would buy the wii system just for this, it looks so much fun,
I went wii bowling with the grand kids while i was up there, what a fun time,and i was actually sore the next day,shows you what bad shape i am in.
Please, tell me more about the dance wii.

My box is ready to go, i found some nice things on my way home from Brenda's,this is going to be so much fun.

Welcome to all you new players,nice to have you aboard.

Dan, i have seen Skunk Cabbage, the flower is really pretty, but, it is called Skunk Cabbage for a reason,ha ha
Happy you have heat again, what a bad time to have that happen eh?Things are not cheep are they.
Ya learn a lot when somethings goes wrong don't cha.
I always try to look on the positive side,even when bad happens, there are so many people the world over, who have it bad on a daliy basis,we are all blessed indeed.
cAROL

o

Im alive (well mostly alive, at least not contagious) and my box is almost set to go, and Im VERY curious to see a list of players who have signed up!
~L

o

I have all my seeds ready to go, I just need to go get a box today before the snow comes. I'm hoping the storm will skip over us, I would be okay with that. = ) Just seeds for me, plants wouldnt survive right now.

o

Dan - I e-mailed you my address. My box is ready to go!

Lindaruzicka - Yes, we will have to get together and swap plants in the spring. This is so great that we're so close to each other. I never would have thought I'd meet a GW member so close to me. :)

Catrionaa - I'm going to have to make sure I download them all onto the computer when I take them. So far I'm doing good at that, but it'll wear off. You always start out all gung ho, and then the thrill is gone. :) The thing is, to upload my pics onto some sites, I have to resize them and make them smaller. The pics are beautiful, though. It even has a video camera in it, which is another reason why I wanted it. Our actual video camera died on us, so my husband got me this. It stores a lot he told me. I'm not that up on all the techincal stuff. I leave that up to him. And he knows his electronics better than anyone else I know and is SUPER picky about what he buys, so I know it's good. :)) I'm just so excited to have a new camera that I can take pictures of my garden with any time I want; not wait for my daughter to let me use hers. :)

Alicia

o

I have my box almost ready. I made the card and found a few interesting things to tuck in. FUN!

domehome that is just adorable! Wish I was on your chirstmas list.

o

I can't believe this, but when I went to get my small priority flat rate box from the PO today, I learned that not only were they out of stock since before Christmas, but they are also out of stock online!!

SOOOOOO!

I guess I'll have to mail out using regular priority mail, which may take longer and cost a little more than the $4.95.
Any other suggestions?

Kathy

o

Kathy, if you can get a small box approximately the same size, that'll do just fine. Or, you can make one. Another idea would be to use a large padded envelope if there aren't any breakables. Hope this helps...

The updated list will be posted later tonight. I've heard from one person about what they are sending, and I can say someone is going to get a fabulous box!

later...
Dan

o

Domehome~ that is awesome. I am hoping this summer I can make some projects with my kids. I really want to make imprints of their feet and then make feet running through my garden. I always have big ideas and never enough time. I think that is the story of every ones life :o)

cAROL~ I hear ya on the winter sowing. I am hoping to start tomorrow. The Winter Sowing thread has a contest between zones and I am hoping to keep zone 5 in the lead :op

Laura I hope you feel better!!

I am hoping that we get some snow tomorrow. My son was sick for the last storm and he loves to play in the snow. He especially likes to make snow angels!

My box is ready. I picked out my seeds. I just have to get it all "squished" in the box.

Girl Scout Cookie season is upon us!! Be sure to buy a box (or 10) and support your local troop. Oh and for those on a diet you can give a "gift of caring" and have a box donated to a food shelter or sent over the the military troops. (where they are donated is up to the specific troop)

Heidi

o

started snowing again...I'm going to be going through my seeds tonight so I have my box ready to go. I found something else to stuff in it earlier today.."rubbing hands together"...

Domehome, that is an awesome little house.

Heidi, adorable little guy you have there!

Alicia, I think trading will be fantastic!

Dan, I don't want any skunk cabbage seeds!!

o
the wii

cAROL I forgot to tell you about the wii. The game "Just Dance" has a variety of songs. Beach Boys, Elvis, Disco, and some newer Dance songs. The point of the game is to earn as many points as possible while doing the dance moves on the tv screen. Some of the dances have crazy moves, but some of them are really easy. It is a fun workout if you play long enough. Other games I like to play on the wii are press your luck, sports resort and EA active sports. I hope in the next few months to get a wii fit. They have a kung fu game that seems like a lot of fun. (My husband is great at electronics so lucky for me I don't have a lot of money invested in this...at $40 a game I don't think I would have any of them!!)

So anyway a wii comes highly recommended from me :o)

Heidi

o

Okay, here's the updated list, as promised. Please check it for errors.
dan-the-mailman/Dan (have info) -no plants, box ready
lindaruzicka/Linda (have info) -no plants, box ready
smitties/Margo (have info) -no plants, box almost ready
gardencraze/Carmen (have info) -no plants, box ready
just1morehosta/Carol S. (have info) -no plants, box ready
keiki/Robin (have info) -prefers plants to seeds, box almost ready
beth_b_kodiak/Beth B (have info) -box ready
cryptid/Darrin (have info) -plants okay but prefers seeds, box ready
catrionaa/Kathy (have info) -plants are okay, box almost ready
hdiperna/Heidi (have info) -no plants, box ready
gardner_golfer/Dawn (have info) -no plants, box ready
dirt-under-my-nails/April (have info) -plants okay, box ready
lilangel181/Laura (have info) -working on box
shansgarden/Shannon (have info) -prefers seeds, box almost ready
lady_alicia/Alicia (have info) -box ready
poisondartfrog/Alana (have info) -no plants, box ready
joy_unspeakable/Tracy (have info) -cuttings okay, box ready
jmt2213/Jenny (have info) -box ready
domehome/Dee (have info) -working on box
botanicalboi/Michael (have info)
veeja11/Carol B. (have info)
jacki002 (need information still) -no plants, box ready
clabarr (need mailing info)
sakura_komichi/CA (need mailing info)
tropicalstorm (need mailing info)

I still need name and address information from tropicalstorm, clabarr, sakura_komichi, jacki002, veeja11, and botanicalboi.

I also need tropicalstorm, clabarr, sakura_komichi, veeja11, and botanicalboi to let me know about the status of their boxes.

Remember, the deadline is tomorrow night, midnight, and Bump and Stella have told me there will be no excuses accepted or exceptions made.

And now, I need to go begin working on assigning flower names to people.

Peace.
-Dan, Bump, and Stella

o

WOW... I think thats the longest players list of any swap Ive ever been in! Hey Dan, can I go ahead a pick a flower? I know which one I want, I do, I do!

o

no picking flowers until Saturday. and how could you? there aren't any yet! silly girl!
-Stella

o

Dan ,me too can I pick please, please I want a 'margarita'!! Oh wait a minute maybe I want to pick a 'marisol'
Can I can I Ha Ha ???

o

Tell Stella I have ESP and plan to keep sleeping off the bronchitis on saturday! Also, with as many people as there are my flower HAS to be on the list! *grins* Ive thought this one out, kitty, AND I HAVE OPPOSABLE THUMBS! MUAHAHAHAHA!!! Er, uh, I mean...

o

Dan - my box is ready . . . I have the seeds in and I'm doing something artsy tonight to put in there to.
I can take plants or cuttings in my box, it was over 70 here today.
Heidi - For my next cement project I want to try some leaf casting. I may even try making a latex leaf mold out of a gunnera or elepnant ear leaf. The footprints sound cool. It would be fun to do with my little granddaughter . . . she has such little feet it would look like fairies had been playing in the yard! You should go for it . . . part of the fun of cement is that there are lots of projects that don't take very long to do but the results are permanent.
All my fellow sickies - Get well soon, I'm right there with you and it's no fun.
Dee

Here is a link that might be useful: Peace crane

o

Please don't count me out. Haven't posted in a while, mainly due to events concerning our oft' Vesuviously eruptive autistic 25 yr old son, Roy. Lately he's been a reeeeeal *distraction* (to say the least). Incidently, we live on the "World Famous Rogue River", 4.5mi out of the city of Grants Pass, in Southern Oregon. - Gonna be *majorly changing" our front yard this coming season to the tune of a whole lot less lawn, a lot more flowers and raised-bed veggies. Totally looking forward to it! - God Bless y'all!

o

Dee~ If you do the leaf you have to post pictures. I saw pictures of a cement bird bath that was made from a leaf. It looked really cool. They had used a castor bean leaf (I think).

Heidi

o

Dan, I sent you my address a few days ago. Will send it again, maybe I had your email wrong. My box is nearly done - just have a few seeds left to package. All the "goodies" are in there. It'll definitely be done by partner time!

~CA

o

A couple years ago we did the leaf/ bird bath thing with a giant piece of rhubarb.
It turned out really neat but alas it was in AK and too bulky to move when I left there.
Go for it ladies
BB

o

Hi, Dan--quick update, my box is ready.

I'll have to try the cement leaf bird bath project--that sounds really interesting. Did anyone run into any trouble making these?

Darrin, congrats on getting rid of some of the lawn. There's a big push by the counties down here to get more of us to replace lawn with drought-tolerant and native plants to conserve water. Some of the neighbors have done some beautiful things with succulents and salvias.

o

anyone who's temp is above 32 degrees and doesn't have any snow is getting a surprise in their box..."stacking up snowballs"...

o

I sealed my box up! I hope it doesn't explode when it is opened. Everything is pushed in there real tight :o)

Heidi

Here is a link that might be useful: cement bird bath

o

I taped up mine...really really good...LOL!

o

I'm ready except for the letter. Sorta waiting to meet my partner to write.
Waiting impatiently out here in the warm sunshine
BB

o

"SPLAT!!!"..BB has a snowball splattered in her face!!

o

HAHA see I told you Linda was trouble!!

o

I too am anxiously waiting, so cold and snowy here I really need the distraction. I am hoping someone from a warmer climate sends me heat and sunshine, Linda no snowballs for me thanks, but I could use that Baileys when it comes around again!!!
I go out and check on my "indoor greenhouse" a couple of times a week and it seems that the geraniums have started to root. Can't wait to get some early blossoms,
Later
D

o

"heating up the tea water for the Bailey's and hot cocoa"...brrrrrr...

o

Ganging up on BB,"SPLAT"!!!!!!
Cold isn't it.:0)

I made a couple of troughs a few years ago,they turned out really nice,one is quite large,about 3 feet x 3 feet,18 inches deep.I plan on making a few more this summer.So much fun.

Domehome, did you make the Peace Crane ? That is really beautiful,and it looks really hard to make.Did you paint it?Very nice indeed.

My box is taped and ready to go,

Hiedi,did you make the bird bath, or is that the one you wanna make?Hosta leaves work good also.

We have a long list of players, a big bouquet of lovely flowers,I will be picking bright and early tomorrow,something bright and happy i believe.
I just love surprises don't cha all?

Is there any more Bailey's, & brownies,I made a big batch of oatmeal cookies with walnuts,help your self, how many will be camping out to pick your flower,the line,, i see,, is alreay forming.
Man, some of you are already wound up, lay off the Bailey's,go grab something to eat, then come back and have a cookie,and a glass of milk.:0)

So,
Who has a new thought for 2010?Any one hoping to do something new?
I hope to get back to Yoga,and work at loosing a few pounds.

I sowed 14 containers today.A good day.
cAROL

o

Linda, you would not believe it, but we in central florida are awaiting on snow flories tonight BRRRRR! Yep thats the forcast.

I don't drink but sure want some baileys right now, I have lost so many of my trops. :o(
It had been about 5 yrs since we had any real cold weather around here. BUMMER!!

Hugs, Carmen

o

***listening to some Marilyn Manson while checking for e-mails from jacki002, clabarr, and tropicalstorm, who have just over 4 hours to meet the deadline***

Cheryl, I've got your info now. Thanks!

cAROL, if you're talking about resolutions, my two are to lose more weight, and I'm going skydiving in July.

***working on assigning everyone a flower name***

anyone ready to pick a flower???

-Dan

o

Hi Dan, I just sent you my info again, let me know when you get it. i wouldnt want to be left out! =)
I'm in the process of filling my box right now. almost done!
my brother, who lives in georgia, works at publix. He got called in to work extra days because he actually knows how to drive in snow. how much snow were they expecting? lol i thought all the michiganders would get a kick out of that =)

o

cAROL I want to make that bird bath. We have a toad that lives by our garage. For years now I have wanted to make him a habitat with plants to hide in and places to get water when he needs it. I thought that the bird bath made on a smaller scale would be perfect.

Please be praying for my sister. My nephews jaundice is pretty bad. They took him to the hospital to be under a blanket that would help make his bilirubin levels go down. I've heard that it is not uncommon in newborns. My sister is not handling it very well. I keep telling her that she needs to sleep, but she thinks she is super woman. Hopefully a night in the hospital will help them both.

I am ready to pick my flower. I will be by the computer hitting the refresh button till they are posted :o)

Heidi

o
decisions, decisions, decisions...

Okay, I've gone through my lists yet again, and some things have changed because I'd missed that some people had already sent in their info.

At this moment, I haven't heard anything from tropicalstorm, nor has (s)he posted since asking to be included in the swap. So, sorry to say it, but they're being dropped, per the guidelines of the swap. Hopefully all is well with them.

Also, we haven't heard anything else from clabarr, botanicalboi, or veeja11, though they did send in their mailing information. After conferring with the judges, we've decided that these 3 people are going to be encouraged to do a 3-way swap between themselves and will not be able to pick flowers at this time.

So, what does all of this mean you ask? Well, it means that the following people are going to be allowed to pick flowers...
dan-the-mailman/Dan -no plants
lindaruzicka/Linda -no plants
smitties/Margo -no plants
gardencraze/Carmen -no plants
just1morehosta/Carol S. -no plants
keiki/Robin -prefers plants to seeds
beth_b_kodiak/Beth B
cryptid/Darrin -plants okay but prefers seeds
catrionaa/Kathy -plants are okay
hdiperna/Heidi -no plants
gardner_golfer/Dawn -no plants
dirt-under-my-nails/April -plants okay
lilangel181/Laura
shansgarden/Shannon -prefers seeds
lady_alicia/Alicia
poisondartfrog/Alana -no plants
joy_unspeakable/Tracy -cuttings okay
jmt2213/Jenny
domehome/Dee
sakura_komichi/CA
jacki002 -no plants

When you receive the name of your recipient, please refer to this list to see whether or not they would like plants or cuttings. To be safe, please assume that you should NOT send plants or cuttings if that person hasn't posted a preference.

And now, back to my list-making. Anyone hoping for an early Spring, allowing you to begin picking flowers tonight??? Keep checking back, I can see some early sprouts breaking ground...

-Dan & Co.

o

Early flower picking??? Dan, are you being a tease?! I was hoping to go to bed early, but now, well, I'll have to keep checking the computer.

Heidi - Tell your sister it's perfectly normal. Both of my kids were so yellow/orange by day three that they glowed. Just feed him a lot and he'll poop out that excess bilirubin (sorry, couldn't think of a more technical term). If she's breastfeeding, it's good to supplement with a bottle while the baby is jaundice. (And tell her not to worry about all that nipple-confusion nonsense if she is trying to breastfeeed but needs to supplement. Babies know how to get milk out of whatever you offer them). And if the jaundice does become more severe, they'll just put him under a little light for a few hours a day. But she'll be in my thoughts, it's hard being a new mother.

Hope you all have a good night!
~ Tracy

o

Welcome To My Garden Pictures, Images and Photos

Okay, I've got a list of flowers growing in my garden, and if your name is on the above-mentioned list of eligible players, then I am hereby inviting you to pick a flower. This will be on a first-come/first served basis, and will continue until only one flower is left, which will be mine. Beginning sometime Sunday, I will e-mail each of you the name and address of the person whose flower you have picked. Please mail out your box Monday or Tuesday, then, when you receive your box, come back to the current thread and tell us all what you received so we can share in the fun with you!
***opening the gate, allowing each person to pick one flower***
Here is your list of flowers, in no particular order...

Buttercup
Mina Lobata
Salvia
Clematis
Tiger Lily
Daisy
Poppy
Phlox
Coneflower
Bee Balm
Flowering Kale
Spiderwort
Wisteria
Aster
Rudbeckia
Chicory
Sunflower
Milkweed
Joe Pye Weed
Cosmos
Sweet Pea

o

Heidi - thanks for the instructions link for the leaf birdbath. Looks like a really easy project. I made several large cement mushrooms using sandcasting for the caps and tp rolls for the stems, it was easy and they came out really cool. Maybe I could make stepping stones by casting elephant ears, I could get them pretty flat.
Carol - I made the origami crane by folding a large piece of hardware cloth and then painting it with a cement product called "Grancrete", I was able to mail order it through the company online. I also made an origami duck family that I was able plant as their backs are open. The Grancrete is nice because it's basically cement and can be colored with liquid cement colorants. The pot in the "gnome home" project is also made from colored Grancrete over hardware cloth.
Well, my box is closed up and I'm ready to mail out.
Dee

Here is a link that might be useful: Cement mushroom

o

feeling a bit bad about not getting to pick a flower, but went back to read rules and it did say we must post more than once, oh well fellow outcasts if you would like to have our own swap contact me at veeja3@gmail.com I have a great box packed and ready to go. outcasts unite lets have a great swap despite this fall back

o

I pick Bee Balm..."sipping tea and nibbling on an oatmeal cookie"..

Heidi, please tell your sister that my daughter was yellow 19 years ago when she was born and she's still pink today.

o

i pick phlox =)

o

And, after just 45 minutes, we've had 2 flowers picked, leaving...
Buttercup
Mina Lobata
Salvia
Clematis
Tiger Lily
Daisy
Poppy
Coneflower
Flowering Kale
Spiderwort
Wisteria
Aster
Rudbeckia
Chicory
Sunflower
Milkweed
Joe Pye Weed
Cosmos
Sweet Pea

o

Dibs on the tiger lily! also, I dont know if I was jaundice when I was born but I DO know that at one point mom went crazy feeding me carrots and squash so I turned orange. Freaked people out!
~L

o

I pick DAISY

~ Tracy

o

I pick Salvia.
Alana

o

I pick Poppy!
Dee

o

I pick Milkweed,yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hiedi,Your nephew may even be a little jauntacied when he comes home, just let him lay in front of a window,the sun will do the rest.
Poor sis, first time mom, i bet she is a wreck, tell her we sisters,are all behind her.:0)

Have you picked your flower yet?
Would you like a cookie my dear?They are yummy,if you wanna feel better,throw a snow ball at BB,come to think of it, let one fly Carmans way,tee hee

Dan, i hope you post about your sky diving fun,i want to fly in a hot air balloon.
cAROL

o
RE: UPDATE: mnf jan 2010 s - new beginnings part 2

Oh, I am glad i was standing in line,when i overheard some one here,as they were steeping OUT of line, that they had just picked their flower,i touuhgt we had to wait in line all night,and pick tomorrow,whew!!!!
I don't have to stay up all night then.

Carmen,
I am sorry you did not get a visit from Santa this year,
you did not get confused did you, and expect a visit from the 3 kings.
This seed gift will make up for you not getting a visit from the big guy,i just kow you will get a wonderful box.
Hugs to you.
Hows the shop?
cAROL

o

I pick ...the Cosmos!!!

later...April

o

Ooh me next!! I want buttercup please.

o

Wow! You're all picking my garden apart! LOL! That is so cool! I love this level of enthusiasm you're all showing, it's what makes hosting a swap so much fun! I'm going to bed soon, so let me post an updated list of choices for you all. Here's what's left...
mina lobata
clematis
coneflower
sweet pea
joe pye weed
sunflower
chicory
rudbeckia
aster
wisteria
spiderwort
flowering kale

I'll post another update around noon tomorrow. That is, if any flowers are left that need picking! We've still to hear from beth_b_kodiak, catrionaa, cryptid, me(I'm last), gardencraze, gardner_golfer, hdiperna, jmt2213, keiki, lady_alicia, sakura_komichi, and smitties.
I'll believe I'll send out a bunch of e-mails tomorrow, letting those who have picked a flower know who they are sending their box to, so be looking for my e-mail once you've chosen!

G'Nite Everyone!
-Dan

o

WOW I get up out of bed for a drink and see that you have started picking.

I guess I am going to go with the Rudbeckia.

Heidi

o

I pick clematis

Hey you guys are leaving me bhind!!!

I woke up this morning to Ice pellets coming down Brrrrr!!!
It is so discourgaging to think how much work went into growing all this stuff for nothing,I don't just have regular plants. I had a collection of weird and hard to find trops and desert plants. wo is me.:-(

OK now I've vented, pass the baileys please, forget the chocolate.

Cold hugs, Carmen

o

Carmen, I'm sorry to hear about your tropicals. Can you cover them with something? even newspaper would be better than nothing. "giving sympathy hug"

o

I'll pick flowering kale. That does well in Kodiak and I enjoyed it for years.
Bethb

o

Good morning, everyone. I see I missed the early start. I'm glad one of my favorites is still available - I'll pick Aster.

Happy flower picking!

~CA

o

Carmen, I sympathize with you about the ice pellets, but I just can't find it within myself to be sad. After what seems like weeks of clouds, snow, ice, and freezing rain, the sun is coming up and there isn't a cloud in the sky! I should've known something was up because of the way the cats were acting all night, like two little kittens, playing around and bolting through the house like two furry streaks of lightning. I'm hoping it's the onset of our annual January thaw, but I'm not saying any more than that. I don't want to jinx it. So, while our sweet nation "enjoys" the hijinx of Old Man Winter more than usual, I believe I'm going to join the cats today and find a spot in the sun and bask a little.

To help us all out this morning, here are some pictures of what's left in the garden...
Sweet Peas Pictures, Images and Photos
Joe Pye Weed Pictures, Images and Photos
Sunflower Field Pictures, Images and Photos
Wild chicory Pictures, Images and Photos
aster Pictures, Images and Photos
Wisteria Pictures, Images and Photos
Spiderwort Pictures, Images and Photos
flowering kale and snapdragons Pictures, Images and Photos
Coneflower Pictures, Images and Photos
Mina Lobata Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Linda, I went to the thrift shop last week and bought a load of heavy blankets and covered all that I could BUT...
you can't cover it all and most of these plants are not for under 40 degrees.
I just went out this morning in freezing rain, (yes rain pellets) to secure some more covering. We expect 20's tonight EERRRRR!!!

I'm getting a taste of what other people go thru every winter. LOL

Can't wait to get my person. I hope the PO accepts my box, too full. WOO HOOO

Carol, those silly wiseman brought nothing either, I guess everybody is broke.

Freezing Hus, Carmen

o
RE: UPDATE: mnf jan 2010 swap - frozen part 2

Oh Dan those are wonderfull, I feel better already!!! Big smile

What is that last pic with the vine? Love that!!
And also love that sweet pea vine. Don't tell me you still have all this in bloom yet!!??.

Yes I know I need to quit crying the blues already LOL

Carmen

o

I'm a little late this morning! Got to bed late, not feeling well at all yesterday. Bad cough and cold. A little better today, though. :)

I'll go with Sweet Pea! Very pretty.

Alicia

o

I'll pick spiderwort.

o

I'll pick coneflower. If I am not mistaken, some cheating as gone on here as I thought flower picking was not starting til this morning. :0

Lots of snow here yesterday. Schools were closed and while hubby and kids were allowed to stay home at play, I still had to go to work. Being a sporting store, we were busy too so no chance of leaving early.

THINK SPRING

o

Carmen, I'm glad the pix helped! Those are mina lobata vines in that last picture, and they look even better in person. I first saw them in a hanging basket about 5 or 6 years ago, and I've loved them ever since. They give the garden a bit of a tropical atmosphere with all those hot colors, and they are very easy to grow. I've always just let them drop their seeds on the ground in the fall, which makes for some colorful volunteers the next summer. Try some out this year, you won't be disappointed!

o
the short list

Margo, we had ourselves an early Spring here online, which meant that the flowers bloomed early too...lol!
And, now that I think about it, have we MNFers EVER actually made it all the way to the original posting date? Seems to me that we have a habit of posting just a bit early... peer pressure, ya gotta love it!!

Here's a list (getting shorter all the time) of what's available...
joe pye weed
sunflower
chicory
wisteria
mina lobata

I feel like I'm running a nursery and just announced a 75% off sale! This is SOOO COOL!
-Dan and Co.

o

Oh Carman,
How awful for you,i would just hate to loose some of my hard to find hosta, i can only imagine how you must be feeling,so sorry,
and to think i threw a snow ball at you,:0(
I hope you will be able to save some of them,do you think the roots will be ok ?

I just found a few more seeds to stuff in my box,i will keep looking till Sunday night, then off to the post office.

I'm doing more WSing today,
cAROL

o

Hey I did a little research on that mina lobata and I couldn't find out if it's hardy to my zone.I really like that.

Would you be willing to do a side trade in the spring??
Look at my list and see if I can't tempt you with somthing.

My goodness the flowers are ging fast. How fun!!

Hugs Carmen

o

Oh! I just got home from work and see I am late to the party........Thats ok, I luv SUNFLOWERS.
Dawn

o

Only 3 more to go, and then I can send out your addresses!

Carmen, I found this information in my Thompson & Morgan seed catalog about the mina lobata... It's a half-hardy annual, cannot tolerate frost, is full sun, a good germinator, easy to care for, prefers sandy, drained soil, and needs 65-85F for best results. I'm betting that you could grow it, and if your temps get over 85 you could move it into the shade as long as it got some sun during the day.
And yes, I'll do a trade in the Spring if you can't find some seeds in the meantime.

Keiki, cryptid, and catrionna, here's what is left...
chicory
joe pye weed
wisteria
mina lobata
When you 3 have chosen, I'll know what flower I get to pick!

-Dan

o

Carmen - I feel for you. I'm in 9B too and one year I lost all my brugs, cannas, aeoniums, kanlanchoes. Some of them came back in Spring from the roots, but it's taken them years to recuperate. Now I check the weather report nightly in winter. I've been seen running around the yard at midnight throwing sheets and towels over my plants!
Dee
I can't resist posting garden art pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tufa Plant stand

o

Dee, please do not tell me you made that plant stand?
WONDERFULL,I Say, just WONDERFULL.

Didn't get to WS today,took the tree down instead, Wayne is working on a project,and we need the room, kinda hard to find, cause our basement is upstairs now,but cha do what cha gottta do eh?
Cheers,
cAROL

o

I'll take wisteria, since I have a huge one on the side of the house!

Kathy

o

Hmmmm,...methinks I shall choose Chicory! - Gotta go do a few things, but I'll post back here a bit later. I realize I'm waaaayy behind.

o

Dee, I saw that same planter in a magazine a long time ago. It's supposed to be real lightweight. Is that the same one? I think it was called Hypertuffa or something like that. Now I'll have to go dig that magazine out. It showed you how to make one and I've always wanted to make one but never got the chance to. Nice job!!!

Carol, we just took our tree down also today. Needed to get my houseplants back in their spot before my two-year-old son destroys them. Haven't been able to get outside to do my Wintersowing either. The snow here is horrible!!!

o

Howdie All! It looks like I'll be sending you your info tomorrow. Robin needs to decide between the mina lobata and the joe pye weed, and then we'll be all set. Have a good night!

***off to catch some shut-eye***
-Dan

o

Still lurking about occasionally. Just couldn't make this swap. Too busy at work.

Looks like everyone is having a good time. Can't wait to hear about the boxes!

o

The planter is an original and was my first hypertufa project. I made the form for it with plywood and then made insets with sheet styrafoam covered with packing tape. It has a pipe drain that goes through the base. It's held up to the weather well, a concern with tufa, but it doesn't freeze very often here.
Here is a link to very funny Saturday Night Live short.

Here is a link that might be useful: Googly eyes gardener

o

I was unable to get on here yesterday. I had to work a long day only to come home and uncover my orchids try to dry them off and recover them with dry stuff. I brought in close to 100 but have run out of space. Like Carmen I collect rare, expensive tropicals and of course my orchids. :( It got to 30 here last night which means I will lose plenty.

OH well, I need a name so I can start something fun and positive. Whats left?

o

Oops Dan I missed that post I'll take the joy pye weed!

o

Read all about ME Pictures, Images and Photos

GOOD NEWS!!!
You should all now have an e-mail with the name of your recipient. I did make a mistake and sent 1 name to two people, but I've got that fixed. Kathy, please get back to me on that, will you? Please try to get all the boxes mailed out either tomorrow or Tuesday so everyone will have their box by the weekend.

REMEMBER: DO NOT REVEAL WHO YOU ARE SENDING TO UNTIL THEY RECEIVE THEIR BOX AND POST HERE.

When you receive your box, please come to the current thread and post its contents and a thank you, then go to the rate & review forum and leave a note about your sender.

Now, let the boxes fly! ((GRIN)) ((arm flourish))

You've all made this one of the best swaps I've ever had the pleasure of hosting. THANK YOU!!!
(and yes, once the boxes have made it to their homes, I'll be leaving notes in all of your rate & reviews)

Peace.
-Dan

p.s. I have no idea who the little boy is. I just needed a picture of a paperboy, and got him off of photobucket.

o

Way to go Dan. Love the suspense
BB

o
...one more thing

apparently I haven't had enough coffee yet. I forgot to ask you all to send me an e-mail with the delivery confirmation number instead of posting it here on our thread.
That'll continue the suspense of it all just a bit longer... hehehe

-Dan

o

I got my favorite flower,i am sooooooo happy.
Going to the post office bright and early.
Dan,this has been so much fun,every one who played made it fun and interesting.
Who will be the first to post they received their box,hummmmmmm, i wonder?????????
cAROL

o

"making Dan an extra strong pot of coffee and doubling the caffine"..Here you go.."watching your eyebrows stand out straight"..that will fix things right up!

o

Margo sent in the first delivery confirmation number! She used the automated window clerk to mail out her package today... Way to go Margo!

o

mine will be out bright and early tomorrow....

o

You can mail on a Sunday?
How do you do that?
cAROL

o
Birds and blooms

Cleaning a closet I found a stack of old Birds and Blooms. ( aprox 10 uears old) Old, but still in good shape and pretty.
Thought I'd offer some for postage, either flat rate envelope or media mail. If interested email me direct. Otherwise they will go to the Hospital Volunteers.
This time of year I sometimes need some pictures of the other seasons to keep me going.
Happy Monday
BB

o

I was dropped from this swap because I found it late and didn't do the chat thing. I do my chatting on Facebook... but.. I bought some basic veggie seeds to swap with someone..So, if someone wants to do a personal one-on-one trade with me, please email me. I have tossed my old seeds - I have a small garden, and would love some veggie or flower seeds for zone 5.
I am very busy.. Although I am retired, I do taxes for people during tax season. Just not a Garden Web chatter! I am sad that I was dropped, but understand the rules so do not fault anyone but myself.
Connie in Zion, IL.

o

Connie,
contact veeja. She was dropped also and looking for someone to trade with. If you scroll up to the top of the page you will see her post.
Heidi

o

My box is in the mail and I had a ball doing it! I t is always fun to surprise someone you have never met!
Dawn

o

my box is in the mail and i mailed Dan the confirmation number..

o

Boxes are flying!!!!

my box is in the mail YEAAAAAA!!!!

o

Box went out this morning!

o

My box went out in the mail.

I got my Roots and Rhizomes catalog in the mail today. All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!! Lots of beautiful Daylilies and Hostas. I will definitely be adding some of these to my want list.

Dan thanks for the catalog swap. This is one that was suggested!

Heidi

Here is a link that might be useful: roots and rhizomes

o

Just got back from the post office--the box is in their capable hands.

Now, time to do something about the bermuda buttercups taking over the back yard (they make a wonderful yellow dye, but man can they cover a space quick).

o

Boxes are flying, and more are getting ready to leave their nests. How cool! Thanks everyone for getting them out in such a timely manner! I've got a stack of dc#s I wish I could share with you all, but then you'd know when to look for your box, and I doooooo so love to keep you all in suspense! Just call me the Alfred Hitchcock of the Garden Web! At least, for this week anyway! hehehe

o

My box is flying, too! I dropped it off after work. I'm sure this is against the rules, but I do want to give one hint as to its destination:

ready?

My box is heading out of state.

There, that should narrow it down just enough.

Happy mailing day!
~CA

o

My box is on its way also. Just e-mailed Dan the confirmation #! Can't wait to get mine. How exciting. I feel like a little kid.

Clabarr - seding you an e-mail.

Alicia

o

My box is off and running.
Confirmation #0309 2880 0000 7071 7402
Dee

o

My box is on it's way!

Dan, I emailed you the DC number to add to your stack!

Kathy

o

Ok, looks like I received the first box. It was from Dan and about to burst at the seams. He packed it with seeds, chocolates, stickers, hot chocolate packets, iced tea packets, flavored coffee single packets, a gingerbread ornament kit, and a Winter Wonderland scented travel candle. I have to say I had a fun time with the chocolates. As I explained to Dan in an email, I was suffering a headache all day and when that happens, I love chocolate. His box couldn't have come ata better time.

Thanks for the goodies Dan and thanks for hosting the swap. It was fun.

THINK SPRING! Margo

Oh yeah, to answer the question about mailing on Sundays. Our post office has a huge vetibule with all the PO boxes and mailing boxes. A couple of years ago they put in a kiosk. You can use your credit or debit card to mail packages and buy stamps. It has a scale to weigh in the packages. You just touch the screen and it walks you through the process. It is available 24/7. There is a huge pull down door to deposit it for shipping. Of course, you can't drop off real big boxes. I use it even when the post office is open because there is always a line inside the post office. At Christmas, the line was outside the door into the vestibule. I just walked up and mailed my boxes and the line barely moved. I just love it.

o

As of this morning, 14 out of 21 boxes have flown the coop! That's a great job everyone! ((clapping hands)) One box had a slight address problem, but that's been fixed and the box will be in the mail today. Hopefully the other six boxes will be sent out today also.
Margo received her box yesterday, who will be next? Will it be you? Will it?

Peace.
-Dan

o

Mine is all packed and ready to go. Will make a trip to the PO, on my day off, to mail this in an hour or two. I sure hope it warms up a little.

o

I used that mailing kiosk also. When I got to the PO yesterday afternoon, it was so crowded the parking lot was full and I had to park down the street. The line was out into the vestibule, but there was the kiosk, in use but with no line. Quick and easy! I'll definitely use this in the future.

The only problem was that the postage label was as big as the box, covering the address. But there's a space on the label to rewrite the address.

Can't wait to see more reports of boxes received!

~CA

o

CA, my kiosk asks if the label will fit on the box. If you say no, they give you a smaller print out for postage. If you use the smaller version, you need to attach a DC confirmation (green one) on the box. I know sometimes those labels are too big for the package, especially padded envelopes.

I wonder why there was such a line at your post office.

o

Something must be going on... there was a crazy line at my post office too! No one ever tells us the good secrets anymore. *pouts*
~Laura

o

I am sitting by Christmas tree which is by the window so I can see the mailman when he brings my box. hehehe

Still cold as heck here in central FL. I think even Mickey
Mouse froze his little tail off. Looking forward to better days to come.
Keep those boxes flying!!!!

Hugs. Carmen

o
~~ important ~~

Hello,
I wanted to let yall know that I am still having trouble with AOL and a malware program which has infected my system. If you receive an email from me with no subject line and no message please DO NOT OPEN THE LINK! I don't know who or what the link is from and am working with AOL to correct the problem... I just wish AOL were working with me...
~Laura

o

i sent my box yesterday, so it is on its way. cant wait to get mine!

o

My box went flying this morning,i am so excited, did any one else receive a box today?
Carman, how are your tropicals coming along?Were you able to save any of them?
I took our tree down a few days ago,i love having it up, but we have so much basement Stuff,laying around, it had to come down.:0(
We have a high of 19 today, a heat wave, feels so good!
I saw on the news, the orange fields are pretty much ruined,pretty scary when you think about it.we all depend on some one else for our food.I should be growing more veggies instead of flowers,
I can;t wait to see what we all get, this is so much fun.
Stay warm,and keep sitting by they window,be sure to post when your box lands.
cAROL

o

Hi ya'll., I don't know if anything survived this horrible cold snap we had. I haD covered alot but I don't think it did any good.
I won't know how much damage there is for a few days. Makes me want to move further south.LOL

I hope you all are having a great day.
Carmen

o

Well I got my box in the mail also and can't wait to hear how ---------likes her surprise!! Just wanted to say that you can always to to the 'USPS' website and use "CLICK AND SHIP' to mail, use a CC and they will even pick your package up..or just put in your mail box. Can't wait to see what every one gets, almost like waiting for SANTA....HEHEHE
Dawn

o

this is fun!

o

you all are starting to sound like commercials for the post office, which is rather cool, I must say.
Post office logo Pictures, Images and Photos

we should see some boxes arriving tomorrow, if all goes well...

in the meantime, good-night...

o

Yeah, I'm ready to bust! I want my box!!!!! Hope it comes tomorrow. I'm jealous that two people have gotten theirs already. :)

Gardner Golfer - I was going to use the Click and Ship at USPS.com, but then I wasn't sure if I had to have a sticky label or if I could print it on plain paper and tape it to the box. Then what about Delivery Confirmation; can you do that online? And my scale sometimes doesn't match what they have at the PO. Don't know why. Maybe theirs is more sensitive. So I didn't want any problems with my package getting delivered. In the end I had too many questions, so I just took it to the PO. :)) But I thought that's such a convenient way to ship.....maybe for my next swap!

Our weather is horrible here. Tired of seeing snow everywhere. I bought some Primroses at Home Depot the other day when I was there. They were so "springy" and "cheery" looking that I had to buy a few. Couldn't resist.

Can't wait to hear what everyone else gets.....
Alicia

Here is a link that might be useful: My garden pics

o

Click N Ship is great, just print and tape it to the box and best of all, FREE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION!! I always use flat rate boxes so I dont have to worry about the weight.

Carmen, Im sure youll have some survivors, probably more than you would think!

Alicia, I love those flower pictures.

Dan, can we see a picture of you in those letter-carrier shorts?? Oooh La La!
And on another note...

I GOT A BOX!! My lovely fellow birthday-er (1 day apart, happy bday today!) Margo sent me a wonderful goodie box with:
2 handmade bracelets- they fit perfectly BTW, a 2010 pocket calender, a beautiful set of note cards, lots of seeds, a journal, a set of green planters, and a beautiful little blue glass watering globe. Zoe and Rufus say thank you for the treats (and the newspaper packing... crazy cats have made a 'nest' out of it) and I LOVE everything! What a wonderful birthday treat this all is,
*HUGS*
~Laura

o

Alicia those are awesome garden, I just Love all the fowers, especialy the Clematis those are just gorgeous.(Did I spell that ringht?)Hmmmm

Yea Dan let see those mailman shorts LOL ((Big grin))

Laura that was a great box you got from Margo,
HAPPY B-DAY to both of you.

Please send prayers my way, because of the weather( people will not come out to play if it gets under 50 degrees) I haven't had any buisiness in my little shop and that my dear is no good. If I don't get buying customers, can't pay my bills.
Enough whinning!!!!

Today is the day I hope, ny box will be here YIPYYYYYY!!

Many hugs, Carmen

o

I loved the flower pics Alicia! It's so nice to see something green, isn't it? Have you checked? We're supposed to have sun and the 40's tomorrow..heat wave!!

Carmen ,I hope your flowers are okay. What kind of business do you have?

Happy Birthday to both Margo and Laura!!

Yeah Dan, where is that shorts pic??

o

Carmen, glad you enjoyed the pics. When it gets to weather like this and all I see is snow, I get to the point where I want to see sun and flowers, so I go to my Photobucket pics and look at them to remind me that eventually I'll be back out in my garderns. I'm already planning where to put some things this spring. Hope your business picks up. Mine has been slow too.

Linda, we'll get together soon and talk about all the plants we have. Now you got a sneak peek into my garden from the pics! :) Can't wait for the 40-degree weather today. I hope it melts some of this snow. I just put out some milk jugs for wintersowing on Friday and they're all covered with snow!! Ugh.

Dan, are you feeling the pressure yet?? Where's that pic? :))

Alicia

o

Alica, those pictures are gorgeous!! i rescued a baby bunny a few years ago. my dog decided to bring me one and i didn't know where its nest was. i hope i get my box today!! this is exciting!!

o

Hi Jacki002! That's where I got my baby bunny from too, was my dog's mouth!!! Then the poor little thing didn't want to leave my hands. I thought, oh, no, my husband will kill me if I take you in. I'm always rescuing animals it seems....and getting into trouble for it.

No box yet for me. Mail came this morning, but maybe later it will arrive on a separate delivery. If not, maybe tomorrow. :)

So glad eveyrone is enjoying the pics. Can't wait to take more this summer. I had some things that bloomed and I missed taking their picture, so this summer I'll have to get on that better.

o

Alica,your gardens are beautiful, what a treat to see when all there is to look at now is snow,thanks for sharing them with us.
Carman,i think all businesses are slow this time of year,you will pick up some business for Valentines Day,
We know what Carmans business is, what is yours Alica?
When we had our business, this time of year was always a worry to us, seems it always evened out though at the end of the month,sending good vibes your way Carman & Alica.

Where are all the boxes,come on, we are all waiting with great anticipation,

Dan, where is your Photo?And don't even try to post the one from Halloween.
cAROL

o

LOL, the joke's on all of you looking for a photo of me in a postal uniform! I'm a rural carrier, which means I don't wear a uniform, I wear whatever I wish! Lately that's meant sweatpants, 2 t-shirts, and a pullover. In the summer, when it's really hot, that means swim trunks and a t-shirt. Luckily my route is near the water, so when it's hot and sticky, I jump in the bay for a few minutes of wading and splashing around, then I get back in the car and finish my route. ((chuckle)) Y'all are too funny!

So far I've heard from everyone EXCEPT cryptid/Darrin and jmt2213/Jenny about their boxes. I do know that a box was mailed out today, but I'm not telling who it's going to...lol! Keep watching those mailboxes, you never know what might be coming at you!

Darrin and Jenny, e-mail me and let me know what when you mailed your box out, will you please? Thanks!

Later...

Bump and Crew

o

Alicia, enjoyed the flower photos and I can't wait to have flowers and green grass again.

Laura, glad you liked your box. I realised when I got your name that your birthday was close but it was too late to get it to you on your birthday.

Dan, my daughter and I were going through the box you sent and I mentioned one of your cats is called Bump. We also have a cat we named Bump and she was wondering how your cat got its name. When we found our Bump, he was with two siblings. We did not intend on keeping them so gave them names matching issues such as Webber because he had weird webbed type paws. Bump had a hernia and the last one we just called "the other one". Once we decided they had climbed too far into our hearts, we kept them and "the other one" became Peanut.

I like the idea of Click and Ship but only for flat rate unless the sender has a relable scale. The reason is that I have had to pay twice now for insufficient postage on packages that were sent to me. The post office told me this happens a lot with Click and Ship due to the sender under weighing.

Anyway, too many people do it and we may end up putting some of our finest Postal people out of jobs, right Dan. Not good.

THINK SPRING! Margo

o

Hip Hip Ho ray!! (what my son has been saying all day)
My box came today!!

It was from Jenny/jmt2213. Thank You Thank You! I received a wonderful knit dish cloth that her grandmother made. Now I really want to learn how to knit! I love homemade stuff like this!! Some milkyways, which my son confiscated. A bar of Blackberry Creek Soap. I love it. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect box if you knew who I was. I also got a bunch of seeds. The awesome part is that I don't have any of them. To name a few there is Dragon's tounge Bean, Ornamental flowering kale, crook neck squash, blue bedder salvia. Once again Thank You.

Heidi

o

Got my box today! So, I must have been the Tiger Lily - my favorite!! In my box:

* a pretty crystal to hang in my window
* a note pad (my daughter always takes mine)
* pretty flower shaped post-it's
* seed envelopes (I needed these!)
* a nice assortment of seeds - lots of melons - yum
* and a nice note from Laura

Laura - thank you so much for the nice box! ** Happy Birthday ** And I hope you are feeling better and getting over your bronchitis (should I have sprayed by box with Lysol before opening? Just kidding). Thanks again.

Great idea Dan. We should do these 'smaller' swaps more often.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

~ Tracy

o

Ny box arrived and a big Thank You goes out to Heidi.
She sent a pair of garden gloves, needed those, some chocolates a cake decorating kitand recipe. Good idea I'll use that for Valentines.
A nice assortment os seeds AND A day planner. Boy did I need that. Jack complains about me loosing track of things and I have promised to start using the planner. Sure hope it works but it's a good start.
Hope I didn't forget anything and I do feel like I have made a great new friend.
Thanks again Heidi.
hugs
Bethb

o

Glad to see boxes arriving today. Don't worry Tracy, I was assured I had bacterial and not viral bronchitis (aka, not contagious). I am feeling much better too, which is good since classes started Monday. Just an obnoxious lingering cough.
~Laura

o

You bunch of lucky dogs!!!
I got NOTHING today, but tomorrow is another day :o)
All good things are worth the waiting for.
Heidi, Tracy, Beth, that was a great box you guys got

Jenny, Laura, Heidi, you did good!!!

Linda,you had asked what type of shop I have.... I have a little resale shoppe, a little bit of everything used, new
mostly shaby chic and very girly vintage jewelry and so on.

Alicia, what do you have for a busines?

HUgs,Carmen

o

Wow! Those are some great boxes! Way to go!

Margo, I got my first cat, Jason, as a very shy adult. I found out later he'd been abused by his first family, which is why he immediately went into hiding when I got him. Lucky for me, and Jason, a good friend of mine was giving me some very good advice about having a cat, and suggested that I think about getting another cat so Jason would have someone to talk to when I was at work, and who would encourage him to come out of hiding. I got Jason on a Friday night, and by Sunday morning I'd decided to get a second cat.
Sometime during the course of the day on Monday, it hit me that I was looking for a kitten named Bump. So, after work, I went to the local shelter, and there he was, in a cage with his two sisters. We bonded immediately, even though I did check out the other kittens to make sure the little guy stretching out his forepaws to get at me was the right one. After about 3 minutes, I went back to him, he told me that his name was Bump, and that he wanted to go home now. I took him out of the cage and went up to the front desk, which was a huge "no-no", but I wasn't going to take the chance that someone else might pick him out. We signed the papers, and he's been with me now for about 2.5 years. He'll be 3 in June. And, that, in a nutshell, is the story of how Bump and I met.

Tracy, I like the idea of using these small boxes too. It keeps things simple, and it's easy on the wallet.

Has anyone had any thoughts about hosting the February swap yet?

o
the ending of part ii

Hey, it looks like we've reached our limit again! How cool! Go ahead and look for part iii of the swap and keep posting!

-Dan

o

********************Hey every one,gather around************
I just got my box,Come on, sit,have a glass of refreshment, and i will show you every thing i received, man, what a GREAT BOX,
First and formost, i will thank my gift er,
A big thank you to Dawn,who is a new kid on the block,and was worried she would be a disappointment,Dawn, you choice of goodies is perfect,just perfect!
This was in my box you guys,
1. A very nice letter ya all know i LOVE a hand written note,she told me a little about herself,which i love hearing also.
2.The most wonderful gardening gloves, i am going to want more of these, saved the label,so i know where to order more.
3. A HUGE, tub of Moisture Therapy hand cream.
3.Some nice eye glass cleaner with a little towelette to clean them with, i am always looking to clean my glasses when i am on the computer.
4.A thoughtful Lighthouse Pin, to light my way, so i never get lost,now, how sweet is THAT.
5.A new tube of lipstick.the right color even,:0)
6.A pair of Bathing Gloves,you use these like a wash cloth,lather up and exfoliates your skin,cool.
7.Poppy Seed*RED**I grew poppies last year, really didn't like the ones i choose, and was wanting to try these Red Ones, I can't wait to grow these,Dawn, are these the big red ones?
8.Lavender seeds
9.Curled Chervil;herb;yeaaaaaaaaaaaa,for my new Herb Garden
10.Genovese Basil,another herb,yeaaaaaa
11. Cat Grass, another one i wanted to try, my 2 cats will love this one.
12.Blur Morning Glories, I Love Morning Glories
13.Cleome seeds
14.Nasturtium seeds
15.And Moonflower
Thank you so much Dawn, this was a great box,you put a lot of thought into this box,and made this gardener,very happy.(this will only be my 2nd box i sent.)I know how it feels,:0)
I know you are all happy for me, can't wait to hear from the rest of you.
cAROL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here