Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seed order: 'Takion Blue/White' amazing bellflower

Posted by deanna_in_nh 5a (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 7, 10 at 20:19

I have posted a few places about the Campunula persicifolia 'Takion Blue' I bought at my local nursery this summer. I've included a link to one of my postings. This thing bloomed way up here on the zone 5/4 border through November until the first real killing frost, and in October and November it looked better than the picture in the link. It was AWESOME! It is a shorter peach-leafed bellflower, about 18"-24" tall, and blooms its head off. I am determined to have more, but I'd like to grow my own so I have MANY more. The seeds are a hybrid that can only be produced by crossing the correct parents. I *think* that only one company produces the seeds, but I could be wrong. Anyway, the seeds are expensive. If you buy them in a normal pack they're about $.40 each. But, in bulk they are only $.10 each.

I would like to order 100 seeds from Swallowtail for $9.99. I'll order both 'Takion Blue' and 'Takion White' if I have enough sharers. Would you like to go in with me on an order? I figure 20 seeds should give me some decent germination and plants. If you want 20 seeds that would be $2.00 plus shipping, but you can take more or less if you want (and only pay for the seed you want, of course). The normal bellflower seeds are tiny and friendly to regular mail, but the Takions are pelleted seeds. If they need a cushioned envelope I can take care of that easily for free.

If you would like to participate in an order of 'Takion Blue' and/or 'Takion White' please e-mail me and let me know which kind and HOW MANY SEEDS YOU WOULD LIKE at $.10/seed + shipping. Include your address.

Thanks!
Deanna

Here is a link that might be useful: my bellflower link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seed order: 'Takion Blue/White' amazing bellflower

The offer is closed. Thanks so much to all who responded and will have some long blooming cheer next year!

Deanna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here