Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosemctier

Valentine's Day swap, anyone?

rosemctier
13 years ago

Now that the Christmas swaps are over, my mail is a little boring. I had such a good time with the Christmas stocking swap, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a similar small Valentine's Day swap? I didn't see anything else posted about one, so I do hope I'm not intruding on someone else's traditional swap. I haven't quite ironed out all the details yet, but I'm thinking something small, perhaps limiting it to a small flat rate priority mail box and to include a Valentine card, a packet (or more) or Valentine's themed seeds (things with heart, love, or cupid in the name, or things that are pink, red, white, or a plant you LOVE-- you get the idea), and a treat or two. It's amazing how much one can cram into those little boxes! Just a light little surprise to brighten up what is usually a grey, dreary month :)

Let me know by Jan 24 if you are interested. I think in order for things to get there by V-day, packages would need to be mailed to me, with return postage of $4.95 included, by Jan 31st or Feb 1st at the latest, which doesn't give us a lot of time. If those who sign up are all established traders, we could just do a direct swap, but I don't want newbies to feel left out nor do I want to take any risks, so we'll decide this part later. I've never hosted a swap before and I don't want it to be a disaster!

Thanks for playing! I'm off to prepare more winter sowing containers!

Rose

Comments (121)

• antiqueorchid
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I guess I have not used the small flat rate box in a while because it is alot smaller than what I remember. Plus they raised the price $6.65 including DC#. I crammed as much as I could fit in there to make it worth the shipping price. I think I got my monies worth:)

Beth, I had fun filling your box. I hope you like your goodies.

DC#0310 3200 0001 1776 3488

Denise

• sherrih
    13 years ago

I recieved my box from Mavis today.. WOW!!! It was stuffed full of goodies. I got a candle, a pin with a rooster on it and it says spring, a pink heart coin purse, air freshner for the car, a pack of cute lil cards with pink envy's to match, post it notes, seeds:
    bolsom-yellow
    pacific beauty mix- calendula
    salvia-blue mix
    rattle box-yellow
    phlox-purple
    columbine-voilet
    clematis- white
    lots of yummy chocolate and a very sweet valtines day card.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH MAVIS, YOU MADE MY DAY EXTRA SPECIAL!!!
    XOXOXOXO
    Sherri

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Wow! The boxes are flying! :)
    and so is mine!
    Denise, your DC# is 0308 3390 0001 7950 8758
    and I got your seeds today...and they were perfect! Thank your husband for me :)

Have a great night everyone!
    vina

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yay! I was able to pick up my box from Sue today-thank you so much! Jam packed with goodies! I got gloves, coffee, chocolate hearts, a bath fizz shaped like a huge diamond-the only one I'll ever get LOL--bubble bath and lotion, rose scented, in really cute bottles, and awesome flower shaped spoon rest that totally matches my kitchen, a tiny apple windchime that I will hang in my kitchen window, cute little notecards with flowers and strawberries on them, sweethearts, a nail brush!!!--much needed--baggies, FUZZY SOCKS--woop woop!--bells of Ireland, pink monarda (I don't have this color-yay!), sweet Williams, all my favs, and a bleeding heart which is one of my all-time favorite spring flowers. WHEW! And the card was soooo cute, a flower with a ladybug and a little worm, and I do love my bugs LOL. Thank you so much. Was a wonderful thing to come home to! Give the innate generosity of GWers it was probably naive of me to limit the box size huh LOL.

Still waiting on something for my box but it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, so crossing my fingers! Got all the shopping done for the three swaps I'm doing AND some stuff I anticipation of the easter basket swap I think will definitely happen since a few people said they'd be interested. I'm warning you now, though, if we decide to do an actual basket, we'll probably have to use the medium rate boxes and find baskets that have handles that fold or no handles at all, but it will be worth it--peter cottontail needs room for all those cool eggs and plants and bulbs and peeps!

I have at last check received 2 entries and people they are IMPRESSIVE! Some very cool plants out there and really good interpretation of the theme! I can't wait to read the rest!
    Here's the current list as far as I can tell. It was a very long week!

Nottougly sends to Mavis07
    Mavis07 sends to Sherrih RECEIVED
    Sherrih sends to Suegardens2
    Suegardens2 sends to Rosemctier RECEIVED
    Rosemctier sends to Nottougly
    Flowergirl34 sends to Antiqueorchid sent
    Antiqueorchid sends to Beth_b_kodiak sent
    Beth_b_kodiak sends to Flowergirl34 sent
    Beautifulreddahlias sends to Robin1962-2008 sent
    Robin1962-2008 sends to Cryptid
    Cryptid sends to Jess of Dougnjess sent
    Jess of Dougnjess sends to Smitties
    Smitties sends to Beautifulreddahlias DELIVERED

Hee hee-I also came home to three sprouted daylily seeds! The on the rocks method seems to be faster than the paper towel method.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

I am glad you liked your box Rose. I had lots of fun putting it together. I hope you don't mind that I used a little bigger sized box since I could fit your items, epecially the "diamond", in the tiny flat rate one.

It's nice to hear everyone is sending and receiving their boxes. I love to read the posts.

Could someone tell me about the "on the rocks" method for sprouting daylily seeds. I have some chilling in the fridge that I was going to try soon. I was going to use the paper towel method. Thanks.

Sue N.

• beautifulreddahlias
    13 years ago

Smitties,
    Thanks so much for the Valentine! I loved my box:) Can't wait to start planting the seeds:) The baggies will come in handy!!

Robin,
    I still have to check to see where your box is yet but I hope you got it!!!!
    Thanks guys!!!
    Nina

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Rose, I wanted to say thanks for the email about the "On the Rocks" method for germinating daylily seeds. It seems so easy and really neat. I am going to try it!

Thanks.

Sue N.

• cryptid
    13 years ago

"On the Rocks" method for germinating daylily seeds? What? Okay, I'm hooked,...just what is this, exactly???

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    13 years ago

cryptid, here's the link, in theory-- you'll have to cut and paste as i don't know how to do a hyperlink. there's 3 links on the bottom of the page that link to really great pictures-- very helpful!

http://www.ezdaylilies.com/OTRseeds/OTRseeds.htm

• smitties
    13 years ago

Received my box from Jess and her family today. It was full of seeds. Forty varieties that I promptly started checking out while eating the chocolate candy hearts she included, some which were peanut butter filled which are my favorite. She also included mints which I could smell before I could get the box open. Gave it a nice aroma and I will take these to work to munch on.

The best part was a frog wind chime. I collect frogs and love wind chimes. I enjoy listening to their chime as I lay in bed at night with the windows open. (In the spring of course).

Thank you Jess for the great box. You guys did a great job filling it up. Thanks the rest of your group for me.

Margo

Oops, forgot to mention she include lovage in honor of the Valentines them which I thought was cute. I grew this years ago and forgot about it. I am going to put this in my herb garden this year which since she also included a lot of other herbs, is going to need to be made bigger.

• antiqueorchid
    13 years ago

WOW! I just received my box from Vina. It was filled with alot of nice things.
    A cute little crocheted butterfly magnet. My Favorite!
    Candy jolly ranchers and little heart box of chocolates. Yummy! They're gone. My 3yr old and husband told me I had to share:)
    Basil seeds and basil marker and variety of seeds from her garden.
    Fragrant lotion. smells very nice.
    heart notepad
    baggies
    village car air freshener, Hibiscus sented. Can't wait to use them.
    And a very sweet valentine card and a little book of love. Everything was very nice and went along with the theme.

Thank you Vina, I loved my valentine box!!!

Denise

• robin1962_2008
    13 years ago

Nina , My box came today!!Thank you so much!!I love all the cosmos,poppies and cone flowers and other flower seeds.She also sent a pencil with hearts on it,a red light up pen,candy and bubble envelopes.
    Cryptid,Your box is on it`s way.I made sure you got goodies too!!!

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    13 years ago

here's the current list:)
    Sherrih sends to Suegardens2
    Rosemctier sends to Nottougly sent
    Antiqueorchid sends to Beth_b_kodiak RECEIVED
    Beth_b_kodiak sends to Flowergirl34 sent
    Beautifulreddahlias sends to Robin1962-2008 RECEIVED
    Robin1962-2008 sends to Cryptid sent
    Jess of Dougnjess sends to Smitties RECEIVED
    Smitties sends to Beautifulreddahlias Received

valentine's flowers name game is still going on-- i'm taking entries until the 13th :)

• sherrih
    13 years ago

Sugardens,
    I mailed your box today!! YOUR DC# is03101230000046261656.
    Enjoy!!
    Sherrih

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Morning!!
    I received my box from Beth!!! WOOHOO! Opening right now!
    In my box is:
    ~gardening gloves YESSSSS!!!
    ~a Valentine's Day Card, with a very beautiful dog on it!
    ~Valentine's Day stickers...I LOVE STICKERS :0)
    ~cute Heart and Love napkins (Taylor's taking these to school for a Valentines Craft for the kids to do) THANKS!
    ~SEEDS: Poppy: Giant Peony Mix, Columbine: Rose Barlow, Blackberry Lily: Pink, Dianthus: Barabatus
    ~Hershey's Kisses and Baby Snickers all stuffed in cracks and crevices :) (My kiddos are SOOOO happy with these!)

Thank you so much Beth for such a wonderful Valentine's Box!

And Denise, so glad to see my box made it to you. WWWWHHHHEEEEEWWWWWWW! Even with DC, I still get nervous when I mail them out. So glad you likes it! :)

talk to you later!
    vina

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    13 years ago

yay! all the packages are sent out!

Sherrih sends to Suegardens2 sent
    Beth_b_kodiak sends to Flowergirl34 RECEIVED

don't forget about the valentine's flower names game! i'm taking entries until the 13th!

hope everybody is warm and well!

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

I received my box from Sherri today! She sent a beautiful Valentine's Day card with a cute dog on the front, (looks like a labrador retreiver, but I can't be sure)and a box jam packed with goodies. Sherri sent a cute little painted turtle that I will proudly display with my houseplants, a valentine mini-journal, blank sunflower note cards, a cute little photo album (now I can show off the grandkids in style:), valentine stickers and a bunch of chocolate hearts that I will share with the grandchildren, and last but not least, a nice variety of garden seeds. I really enjoyed receiving the package, especially after a long day at work. I know I will love the seeds too. Can't wait to plant them! Thanks again for such a nice box of treats Sherri.

Sue N.

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

My package was here waiting when I returned. Thanks a bunch Denise.
    I got an adorable Hello Kitty Valentine note. cute lavender note pad and nice flowered garden gloves.
    There is a perky pink Flamingo wind sock. I'm anxious to watch the humming bird when he sees that.
    Seeds, cosmos picotee, been wanting these.
    Fox glove and a nice fat cockscomb. two old faves that I have not tried here yet. Terrific choices Denise.
    And, of course, CHOCOLATE candy. Jack and I are enjoying that.
    Thanks for everything.
    BB

• cryptid
    13 years ago

>Posted by rosemctier z5/6 waynesburg PA (My Page) on Mon, >Feb 7, 11 at 10:13
    > >cryptid, here's the link, in theory-- you'll have to cut >and paste as i don't know how to do a hyperlink. there's >3 links on the bottom of the page that link to really >great pictures-- very helpful!
    >http://www.ezdaylilies.com/OTRseeds/OTRseeds.htm
    Ahhh, yes! Thanks, Rose! I shall definitely try this method! :)

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    13 years ago

cryptid, i can't believe how quickly they sprout. i started some on sunday night and today over half of them have roots and are starting to grow teeny tiny fans! i am potting them up as they get teh fans instead of leaving them in the cups since 2 or 3 of them started to get mold. i rinsed them with peroxide and so far so good. fingers are crossed!

Nottougly sends to Mavis07 sent
    Sherrih sends to Suegardens2 RECEIVED

i've gone through the post twice and don't think i've missed anyone. let me know if i have-- i'm fighting the flu and a, pretty loopy!

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi Rose!
    Denise got my box already :)

Thanks!
    vina

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks vina! i am so out of it i can't really read and retain LOL

Nottougly sends to Mavis07 sent
    Sherrih sends to Suegardens2 RECEIVED
    Flowergirl34 sends to Antiqueorchid RECEIVED
    Smitties sends to Beautifulreddahlias RECEIVED

• antiqueorchid
    13 years ago

Beth, you have a couple more packs of seeds coming once I receive them from springhill. I ordered them on jan 26th but they are not here yet:(. I will send them out as soon as I receive them.

I hope the peacock orchid bulbs will work for your zone. I wasn't sure. Anyway, I'm glad you liked your box.

Denise

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Denise, I am planting the orchids in a pot so I can move it about as needed. They are new to me so I'll look them up as soon as I get done "Catchingup" around here.
    No need to send anything else as the package was great BUT I just love sharing seeds so I won't say no. However I'll offer to share with you rather then get the whole pack.
    I'm having a ball this month.
    Between the daughter's visit, and the three swaps I'm spinning around in circles. It's fun but makes me even dizzier than usual.
    BB

• mavis07
    13 years ago

Wow! Thanks for the huge box of goodies Faye!
    I got a heart shaped box of chocolates as well as dish towels, candles, stuffed animal cuties, a tiny pot with roses to grow, heart stickers and the sweetest card! I got a batch of all valentine themed seeds. I also got something I've been itching for a RED SPIDER LILY bulb!
    This has been so much fun! Thanks for hosting Rose!

Mavis07

• cryptid
    13 years ago

Robin, I received your wonderful box yesterday! Thanks uber muchly for all the goodies! :)

Contents:

- A red felt tote bag embelished with pink and purple felt heart appliques. Just right for Elly to stuff full of crochet thread, hooks and a pattern or two that she can haul around with her, out to the folks' or wherever. She loves it!

- A portable spray bottle of "BOD Man - Fresh Blue Musk" body spray. I like it, I like it! Elly likes it too,...on me, that is.

- A laser/LED keychain light! How on earth did you know we're owned by a cat-thing (brown tabby neutered tom - name: Klingon - the "kitten-faced cougar" - nearly 4 years old)?! Amazing! We had a laser toy like this, before, but have since lost it in moving from our former residence to our current one. Klingon loves "red dot",...and now, thanks to you, he has it back!

- A double pack of BIC "Atlantis" retractable pens. Elly & I love these! Great ink, nice style, nice grip, and the clicking action is almost inaudible!

- A glittery, metal, trio of heart-posies magnet that says "Sweet-Kisses-Love". Oooooo,...shiny-sparkly! It's on our fridge now. "Oh Elllllyyy,...see these? Valentine mistletooooe...!" :)

- Sugar free (Splenda sweetened) Russell Stover chocolates! Yesssss!! Hooray for Valentine's Day!! :)

- Seeds: Bleeding Heart (pink) / Salvia (Coral Nymph - Lady in Red Mix). Niiiiice! :)

- And last (but never least), a totally fab Valentine's card, featuring a bouquet of roses, with hearts and butterflies, all in various gradients of red and pink.

Super-duper thanks, again, Robin!! What a great swap this always is! Big thanks to you, Rose, as well, for being an most excellent host!

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yay, Cryptid, glad you enjoyed your package. still waiting to hear from Faye and Jess, hopefully it will be any day now. I know Faye's was delivered but not if she was home to get it.

only 2 entries for the game so far, so i'm extending the deadline for a few days to see if i get any more lists!

hope everyone is well. we are having a warm streak this week :)

• robin1962_2008
    13 years ago

Cryptid,I`m so glad you and Elly enjoyed your box!HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL !!!
    Rose,Thank You for hosting all the fun!!

• cryptid
    13 years ago

Bump!

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

I totally forgot to do my list. When is the new deadline Rose?

Sue N.

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hey all! from what i can tell, all packages have been received, although i haven't heard from Faye, but i expect she has a lot to do right now.

sue, does friday seem reasonable? unless you need a weekend day to get it done, then saturday would be okay. i have to grade grade grade all weekend long, so will welcome such a wonderful distraction :)

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Would Saturday be ok for the deadline?

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    13 years ago

sure, that's totally fine! saturday it is. and like i always tell my students, i sleep til noon on the weekends, so as long as i have it by the time i wake up on sunday it's all good.

is anyone else experiencing the wonderful weirdly warm weather? it was 68 today-- lovely! snow melted off and some thigns are sprouting up! i love spring!

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

I love spring too.
    Two Iris reticulata and ONE crocous blooming here.
    That might not sound like much but here it feels like an accomplishment.
    Any sign of spring is very welcome

• antiqueorchid
    13 years ago

Beth, your other seeds are on the way:) I took a few from each pack to try. Thanks for sharing.

Denise

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

We are also having very warm weather. Yesterday (50's) and today (almost 60). I can see grass for the first time since Thanksgiving! It's like a glimmer of hope :)

Beth, how lovely to have flowers coming up. I would love to see a crocus. My daughter and I plant them every year in the fall, since she was born. So for 7 years I buy a couple of bags and we plant them in the lawn on the hill past the pond. We have like 300 of the darn things now. They are so beautiful when they come up. We go out and walk around trying to count the colors...such a memory we make every spring :) DH asks if we'll do that EVERY year? And I tell him as long as I can walk, I'll do it. My dream is to have the whole lawn come up in crocus every spring...he just doesn't know that yet :)

Have a great day everybody
    vina

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Thanks for extending the deadline Rose. I am glad you get to sleep in on the weekends. I never sleep past 8:30 or 9:00 a.m. I am a morning person for sure.

Vina, that's a lovely tradition you have with your daughter. You will both certainly have lovely memories to cherish. I think it's good you keep DH in the dark about your gardening plans to take over the lawn. I do the same with mine..lol!

Our temperatures have been near 60 degrees for the past couple of days. I can see some of the daffodils starting to break through the ground, a definate sign that spring is on it's way. The birds were singing happily this morning, and that just lifts my spirits.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Sue N.

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Vina, that is a beautiful thing with the crocus. I love the idea.
    I love all the spring bulbs just don't know which ones can survive here.
    Enjoy your nice weather everyone.
    BB

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Denise the seeds arrived yesterday and I am delighted.
    The ones from my wish list and one that was a fantastic surprise. I have a dear friend whose name is Marconi. How neat to have a flower sharing that name.
    Wonderful wonderful and Many thanks
    Bethb

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Hi Rose,

I sent my list to you on Saturday night. Just wanted to make sure you received it.

Sue N.

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sue, i did, i'm sorry for not replying. we are hosting a small conference at work this week and it has been insane trying to get that organized and catch up from being sick. ugh. i made 100 rolls and 75 pepperoni rolls today. ack!besides being all academic and intellectual they want us to cook too LOL. i will be posting lists tomorrow, after the conference is over and i can relax on my couch with y computer and my dog :D

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Wow, I am never going to complain about my job again...lol! They ask me to cover the preschool classrooms now and then as a substitute when a teacher leaves early, but I could never handle all that cooking. I hope you are feeling a little better now. I have been feeling a little under the weather myself with my usual sinus troubles. They should clear up in April. Kudos to you for all that extra work you're doing. I wish for a relaxing evening for you curled up on the couch with your computer and your dog.

Take care.

Sue N.

• antiqueorchid
    13 years ago

Beth, glad to hear they arrived safely and that you like them. Enjoy!

Denise

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    13 years ago

VALENTINE'S PLANT LIST GAME CONTEST WINNERS!!!

well guys, we had three entries, from Jess, Vina, and Sue. Sue wins by sheer volume and patience with 624 names!!!!!
    Jess won most creative-- i loved your explanations. Vina came in with 215 names, still quite respectable, so you're getting a prize too LOL. those of you who are getting to know me know that i am scatterbrained, so please send me your address even if i already should have it.

the lists are both really long, so here's some highlights. if anyone wants the epic plants o' love lists, let me know and i'll email them to you!

these are the first 50 from Sue's list:

African Daisy �" Change of Heart
    2 African Daisy �" Change of Heart
    3 African Violet �" Country Romance
    4 African Violet �" Emerald Love
    5 African Violet �" High School Sweetheart
    6 African Violet �" Love in Bloom
    7 African Violet �" Makin Romance
    8 African Violet �" Sheer Romance
    9 African Violet �" Yesterday's Love
    10 African Violet �" Yesterday's Valentine
    11 Amaryllis �" First Love
    12 Amaryllis �" Romance
    13 Angel's Trumpet �" Sweetheart
    14 Asiatic Lily �" Endless Love
    15 Asiatic Lily �" Forever Susan
    16 Beet �" Red Heart
    17 Bell Pepper �" Bell Chocolate
    18 Bell Pepper �" Chocolate Beauty
    19 Bell Pepper �" Miniature Chocolate Pepper
    20 Bell Pepper �" Sweet Chocolate
    21 Bishop's Mitre �" Sweetheart
    22 Bleeding Heart �" Buring Hearts
    23 Bleeding Heart �" Candy Hearts
    24 Bleeding Heart �" Gold Heart
    25 Bleeding Heart �" King Of Hearts
    26 Border Bearded Iris �" Romantic Interlude
    27 Broccoli �" Heart
    28 Calla Lily �" Captain Romance
    29 Canna Lily �" Beloved
    30 Canna Lily �" Cupid
    31 Canna Lily �" Romance
    32 Canna Lily �" Valentine
    33 Cantaloupe �" Spring Love
    34 Cantaloupe �" Summer Love
    35 Cape Primrose �" Victorian Valentine
    36 Carnation �" True Love
    37 Chinese Radish �" Rose Heart
    38 Chocolate Lily
    39 Chocolate Mint �" Peppermint Chocolate
    40 Chocolate Vine
    41 Christmas Rose �" Valentine Green
    42 Climbing Rose �" Chocolate Sundae
    43 Climbing Rose �" Valentine's Day
    44 Coleus �" Chocolate Drop
    45 Coleus Painted Nettle �" Dark Heart
    46 Columbine �" Chocolate Soldier
    47 Common Sugarbush �" Valentine
    48 Coneflower �" Secret Romance
    49 Coral Bells �" Chocolate Ruffles
    50 Crepe Myrtle �" White Chocolate

these are from Vina's:

51.Iris: Candy Dancer
    52.Iris: Chocolate Swirl
    53.Iris: Little Dream
    54.Iris: Aphrodisiac
    55.Iris: Black Diamond
    56.Iris: Butterscotch Bronze
    57.Iris: Chain O' Gold
    58.Iris: Chocoleto'
    59.Iris: Dream Time
    60.Iris: Fairy Rose
    61.Iris: Jewel Tone
    62.Iris: Love Story
    63.Iris: My Girl
    64.Iris: Pink Plume
    65.Iris: Play With Fire
    66.Iris: Rose Caprice
    67.Iris: Silk Romance
    68.Iris: Sweet Musette
    69.Iris: Thai Silk
    70.Iris: Tuxedo
    71.Iris: Wish Upon A Star
    72.Iris: Ever So Lovely
    73.Iris: Passion and Purity
    74.Iris: Crinkled Gem
    75.Iris: Cutie
    76.Iris: Bye Bye Love
    77.Iris: Orange Passion
    78.Iris: Windsor Rose
    79.Iris: Cherub's Smile
    80.Iris: No Other Love
    81.Iris: Blushing Kiss
    82.Iris: Goodnight Kiss
    83.Iris: Sambuca Rose
    84.Iris: Cocoa Pink
    85.Iris: Kissed By The Sun
    86.Iris: Young Heart
    87.Daylily: A Kiss For Kathy
    88.Daylily: A La Mode
    89.Daylily: A Midsummer Night's Dream
    90.Daylily: Abigale My Love
    91.Daylily: All Of My Love To You
    92.Daylily: Always My Love
    93.Daylily: Angel Kissed
    94.Daylily: Be My Love
    95.Daylily: Candy From Heaven
    96.Daylily: Candy Heart
    97.Daylily: Candy Kisses
    98.Daylily: Candy Gram
    99.Daylily: Candy Lovers
    100.Daylily: Your Embrace

and here's jess' list in it's entirety 'cause it's cute :)
    Cupid-
    Cupid's dart

Cute pet names for your Valentine:
    teddy bear sunflower
    Honeycrisp apple
    Tenderette snap bean
    Don Juan climbing rose- I think he was a romancer.
    sugar baby watermelon
    honeysuckle
    sugarpearls apricot
    Sweet Stuff sweet pepper
    Big boy tomato
    Better Boy tomato
    Beefsteak Tomato- I could go on...

candy:
    strawberry candy daylily

Chocolate:
    Chocolate bell pepper
    Chocolate striped tomato
    Chocolate cosmos

Hearts:
    Hearts of gold Hosta
    bleeding hearts (poor lonely people!)
    chocolate mint
    chocolate scented geranium

Love:
    Love in a puff
    lovage- an herb
    Star struck dahlia

Kiss:
    Kiss me over the garden gate
    baby kisses rose
    tulips- you need two lips to kiss!

Sensual/sexy named plants:
    sensual sundance daylily
    Lakeside black satin hosta
    Betty Boop rose- a sex symbol of sorts...
    peter pepper (not a pepper to show your mother in law!)
    Lion's tail flower ( from a distance look like a spikey ball of tubular orange flowers, up close it resembles something else more closely than a lion's tail...)
    While we're on the subject; Canna, if you don't get this reference look up the painting Red Canna by Georgia O'Keefe.
    Early and Often sweet corn- I am not kidding, that is a real name of a real variety of sweet corn

After Valentine's day:
    Fenugreek (an herb to increase new mother's milk supply)
    baby's breath
    baby's toes
    bleeding hearts (not all love was meant to be...)
    fern leaf bleading hearts (not all love was meant to be even in the shade)

Misc. related to valentine's
    forget me not- message of many
    roses
    carnations
    baby's breath
    gardenias
    Calirohoe- little wine cups- I can't imagine Valentine's day without a little
    cup of wine
    Stilleto hosta- Valentine's attire
    Black pearl ornamental pepper- gems are always a welcome Valentine's gift
    Fairy tale eggplant- at least that is what my marriage seems like :)
    Black magic rose
    Double Delight rose
    Fantasy perila
    Pandora's box hosta or daylily (love can sometimes be one of these!)

All things we grow in Love- consider it the Valentine's Day everyday list-

Blondkompchen tomato- translates little blonde girl- This is where my husband says he gets all my presents "It wasn't me, it was the little blonde girl!"

Arbicola (sp) house plant- this is the plant I was buying when I first saw and fell in love with my husband (All at a greenhouse where he would get me a job after never knowing my name, speaking to me, or even checking my application. He
    would be my boss in less than two weeks, and my life long soul mate in less than that.)

The Joker Sunflower- The flower I planted 5 days after I gave birth to our first child, a vibrant boy who at 4 loves to make people laugh and loves to laugh

Giant Marconi peppers- where we found our 6 month old when he slid out of his stroller parked in the garden while we picked. He had crawled under the massive plants and picked himself the biggest reddest pepper on the vine. Having no
    teeth, he was content gumming the pepper into a red ooze that ran all down his chin. At three he still loves these peppers and I will plant them forever just for him.

4 o'clocks- my tribute and memorial to my mother

Scarlet Christmas Cactus- the last standing of dozens of my mother's personal collection of houseplants. In the first 6 months after her passing I killed (me, with the greenest of thumbs usually)every single one but it. Three years
    now it has held on and just finished blooming this year.

"Goldie" the golden pothos- This was the first plant my husband ever owned. He lived in NV, and has reverently cared for it and carried it everywhere he has
    lived since. It is over 15 years old now.

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Yay! How wonderful to see everyone that submitted a list wins! Jess, I love the creativity of your list. Vina, you found lots of others I didn't list. I'm sure we could have found over a thousand easily. But who has time for that?

I know you probably think I'm crazy for submitting such a long list, and I did think I was getting carpel tunnel from all that typing, but I had a very romantic reason for the number '624'. My wedding anniversary is June 24th. So that's the story behind it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Sue N.

• antiqueorchid
    13 years ago

I started the list but didn't have the patience to finish so way to go guys. Now maybe I will go through all the irises to see which ones to add to my want list.

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi all!
    Those lists are awesome!
    I love yours Jess! and Sue...WOW!! My list mostly come from my wants, lol!...I am after all and iris addict. :)

Rose, sending you my addy. :) Thanks so much for the game it was fun!! :)

Talk to you soon...
    vina

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    13 years ago

prizes are packed up and ready to go. thank you, everyone, for making my first swap a tremendous success !!

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    13 years ago

prizes were mailed out yesterday! thanks for playing!!

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi all!!

I just wanted to post that I received my amazing prize just now!! I am so tickled...

Bleeding Hearts :)...I was going to buy these exact ones just yesterday. I even did the grab, pick up, set down, pick up, set down...and finally walk away.
    Got home and couldn't stop thinking about them...and was actually going back to get them tomorrow!!
    Rose, you are some kind of mind reader! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Thank you so much and thanks for hosting...I had a lot of fun!! Happy Blooms!
    vina

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio