Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

It's Stella and Bump Time! (Again)

dan_the_mailman
12 years ago

Stella and Bump received a cat tree for Christmas from their devoted Dad (me), and yes, I've been taking some pictures. Here are a few...

Stella has pretty much adopted the top bunk, and Bump the lower one, as you can see here...

Sometimes Bump claims the top, but not often. I'll get some pix of him up there one of these days.

Stella likes the top level, but she doesn't like to be disturbed...

She'll even pretend to be asleep just so you'll go away...

And there are times she feels you obviously aren't paying enough attention to her...

Bump, on the other hand, feels that if he ignores you long enough, you'll eventually go away and leave him to his nap...

It was nice to finally get them a piece of furniture that they actually use.

Have a great day!

Dan

Comments (11)

• alwaysagarden
    12 years ago

Dan, I just love your kitties! The pictures are adorable as usual and so glad they love their new cat tree. :)

Cindy

• smitties
    12 years ago

Such regal cats. Good choice on the present to them as you can tell they love it.

Margo

• sjc48
    12 years ago

Beautiful cats, Dan! Thanks for posting the pics!
    Shirley!

• lindaruzicka
    12 years ago

such spoiled kitties! But they're so adorable, why not?..right?

• dirtdaddy
    12 years ago

Hi Stella! Hi Bump! dd.

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

I looked at the pictures before but didn't get a chance to post. It's always nice to see pictures of Bump and Stella!
    Jeanne

• gardenunusual2
    12 years ago

Very cute!

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for all those nice words! I'll pass them on the Royal Couple...lol!

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    12 years ago

I always love seeing Stella and Bump. Glad they are enjoying their present. It's so relaxing to look at a sleeping cat, isn't it?

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    12 years ago

You know...cats never got over the fact they were once worshipped in Egypt!
    Kudos to the Royal Couple and their butler...I mean master...you!
    Heidi
    Where did King Bump get his name? (and Queen Stella, too)

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lois, it's even better to have one snoring next to you. A definite fast way to slumberland!

Heidi, I'm not sure where Bump got his name. My first cat was named Jason, and he was a rescue who'd come from an abusive home. I adopted him on a Friday, and by Sunday I knew I needed another cat to give him some companionship and encouragement to come out of hiding. While delivering the mail that Monday morning, from out of nowhere came the feeling that I needed to go to the local shelter and find Bump. The name just came with the knowledge. So, after work, I went to the shelter and there was this little ball of fur (who certainly didn't stay small) telling me he wanted to go home. Lol, how could I refuse that? Honestly, I believe Bump and I are parts of one another. He's my therapy cat, my companion, and my friend. He guards me when I'm sick, and has helped me awaken out of blackouts caused by low blood sugar.
    As for calling him "His Majesty", that comes from his attitude towards everyone else and the way he sits. His profile is extremely regal.

Stella's name came from her attitude. When I rescued her, she was (and is still) mischievious and a troublemaker with a penchant for looking innocent when caught. When she hears me call her Stella Marie, she knows to back down and get out, because she's in a lot of trouble. Her nickname, Her Royal Highness, just seems to be a lot better than Her Royal Pain in the Ass, don't you think?

No matter what they do, no matter how much trouble they cause, Bump and Stella are my kids, and heaven can't help the person who ever harms them. But then, what decent parent doesn't feel that way about their children?