59 proudgm_03-received
60 gmom2-6boys-mailed
61 wishdesign-received
62 conniesc-received
63 luvgardening2-received
64 jaleeisa-mail by 20th
65 hmacdona-received
66 grolikecrazy-mail by 20th

I still haven't heard from stevenwayne or our happy home Angela I was wondering if you talked to our happy home maybe you could find out if shes dropping out or sending she said in her original e-mail you talked her into joining I was hoping youy might have heard from her. I am getting no response from my e-mails I will try one more time but if I get no response I am not waiting and holding up everyone else.
I will update again tomorrow I am sure I will get more seeds by then.
Patty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: #5-4th annual whats left on my want list swap

I just wanted to be first to post. I imagine this thread will be dead tonight LOL. Night before the deadline I bet a LOT of people are busily packing seeds, at least I hope they are LOL. I'm just sitting here patiently awaiting my seeds. THEN to get started on Fran's swap... why do I do this to myself? LOL haha this is fun but so time consuming.

o

I am very sorry, Patty. I don't think she was a seasoned trader at all. I invited her because I was considering a trade with her and wrote about the swap which she seemed to like the idea of. I should have thought about whether or not that invitation was going to waste your time as well as the traders in the group... Again, I will be more careful before inviting people again. I just thought the more, the merrier at the time!

Angela (yotetrapper) - Girl, I totally understand! I am asking myself that same question! LOL! I will be much more careful how many of these big round robins I join...

Blessings,
Angela

o

No big deal at all Angela I just didn't know if you
e-mailed her regularly or not it was worth a shot
Patty

o

It's true , this very time consuming!and it has taken over a whole room, and really there is no relief in sight soon , i have to start right away for the Wow Thanks swap!!! So the question is :Is this really worth all the time we put in each swap? (I' know next time to not sign up in so many, unless it gets easier to do next time.
This is my first one, and I;'m telling my husbands goes to work and comes back then goes to bed and I am still at it til the wee hour and still will make it to the very last hour of posting my package tomorrow...
I hopoe I did right by every body, I tried my best, I don't have very many seeds in each pack but they really are great seeds that i think you won't mind having just a few. Now i must go and lay them all out and record what each has and spot who I missed. Good packing. Chris

o

Vel that was funny what you said about holding everybody up and the would want to hurt you....LOL. I just had ppl wondering if we were gonna have time to get everything done in time to have to update their trade pages for the other swap...hehe. I am SURE no one would have really hurt you, well not too bad anyway......LOL

Well I konw I sent in one thing for ourhappyhome. Too bad no one has heard anything and no Angie it isn't your fault you have no control over someone else.

Now ladies remember you are having SOOOO much fun this is WHY you join the BIG swaps....haha

:) Fran

o

Patty you should have my pkg today, plmk!

Thanks,
Wendy

o

Patty,my package went out today.......

Fran,lol,I was going to tell yall to bring me more seeds when yall come to beat my butt.I was gonna serve yall lunch first though,You know that southern hospitality.Get yall full and lazy then you cant hurt me too bad..lol

o

Want me to cover the fried chicken Vel? LOL, you know us southerns might wind up turning into a HOEDOWN, or for everyone else a party...lol
Hey email me and tell me what part of Tn your in, I used to live in Gallatin, know where that is? I work at a C store in Nashville for a while. I love TN, wish I could have gotten some land up there.

NOW I want to move to TX...:)

How is everyone today, It is still cold here today. I winter sowed some things yeaterday and need to put them outside but I can't seem to leave the heater long enough...lol OK, I have to go get busy...

Later ya'll

o

My package is on its way!!

Karen

o

Angela I agree,it is in no way your fault what someone else chooses to do, or not do in this case. I have seeds packed up for her,I think I am going to pull them out,unless I see someone else that wants what I sent in for her or she pops up and says she is still in,I sure hope there isn't anything wrong. There is no way you could have seen this coming Angela,don't blame yourself! She showed interest and you invited her to join,there is no fault in what you did! Don't take the blame onto yourself,that isn't fair to you!:)

I am pretty sure stevenwayne is out,I had contact with him over the last few days,I didn't ask him about the swap,because he has some medical issues going on,pretty serious ones too. I am not going to share exactly what is going on with him,being it is personal and I don't know if he would appreciate that,but just know that is why we haven't heard from him and what is going on with him could surely effect ones memory. Keep him in your prayers,he is going through something terrible and I hope he recovers.

Ok Velvet and Fran,you got my tummy rumbling,when should I be there? I am a vegetarian,but I know you southerners have some great sides,whats on the menu?...lol..

Chris,these swaps are so worth it! Last year I got so many awesome seeds, I was blown away! Just think of it this way,if you were to collect as many seeds as you are going to from this swap in individual trades it would cost you a heck of alot more in postage to send them,this way you can get the equivalent of many trades with just one shipping cost. It does take alot of time to pack up the seeds that is for sure, and like you,I have been up until 4 am packing up seeds the last few nights,but it is worth the time and effort. Not only are you going to acquire some great seeds,but you have the opportunity to share some of those awesome seeds you have and bring joy to those that receive them! :)

o

oK i'M DONE!!!!CROSSING MY FINGERS. I have it in a shoe box awaiting for someone to get home for changing of the guard (to watch our multidisabled daughter, )so I csn run to the post office, and i hope nobody there shoves my stuff in an envelope!!!
What am i supposed to put in there for shipping , money, $6.00? less, it'll take a lot of stamps to return a box!
Label with my name on it, what else?

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 20, 09 at 15:11

Ill second whatever Patty said and Angela, dont beat yourself up about it, there is always a couple people that this happens to in every swap. :)

o

As I write this, my hubby is bringing my extra large envy to the post office. It is packed with 162 packets of seeds!
This swap was time consuming, yes, but I am really excited I was able to fulfill so many of people's wants on their wish lists, not to mention being excited about my seeds yet to come! I will definitely join next year.

Hope everyone is keeping warm!

Amy

o

Hi, Patty and everyone:

Well, I decided I needed to pull away from the inauguration and get the package to the PO, and I can't get out of my neigborhood to get there! We've gotten about 8" of lake effect snow since yesterday evening, (still coming down, too) and no plows have come through my neighborhood yet. I live on a quiet street in a "holler" and I've tried even the easiest route, and I can't get traction.

If I see a plow go by I'll try again--one of the post offices stays open until 6pm. If not, then I hope you'll forgive me for sending late, and I'll use the time to try to find a couple of wants I couldn't find last night.

o

Hey guys please please pretty please tell me what to include in the box , i've got to leave for the post office like now!!!! Do i put money in it for postage, ?

o

I think Patty said that either money or stamps would be okay. Also put in a self addressed label.

Ginger

o

Gro - Either one will suffice.

Chris - You'll find as you do similar swaps like this one that you'll automatically change how you do things as you see what works best. Ive been swapping for 5 years or so and believe me; Ive pushed myself to the limit at times. I work 45+ hours a week so time, at times, is in short supply. I too tend to overlap a few big swaps but what can I say, I actually enjoy the hustle of it all.

As Angie said, these big swaps enable us to receive so many great seeds; and at times some of those seeds we receive we wouldnt be able to acquire without spending a fortune. Also all the great smiles seed swapping puts on so many faces. Its so much fun knowing youre making somebodys day by sending seeds!

I would love to be a little mouse or fly-on-the-wall watching everyone as they open their return envy and rifle through their seeds. I know when my envys arrive back home, those evening are spent checking out my new seeds!

Oh well, I better scoot, I need to get one wall painted in the formal dining room so John can hang the vertical blinds backup tomorrow.

Sandy

I can feel the excitement and anticipation mounting!!!!!!!!

o

Umm... Patty.. and everyone else.. I have to apologize. I really did mail my package out last week. Today it came back to me saying that it had to literally be taken in to the PO and hand stamped because it's over 13 ounces. My son is this moment on his way to the PO with it. They didn't cancel any of the stamps or anything, so I just peeled them off and sent money for postage tape with him. I didn't think anything of it when I weighed it! I will email you a Delivery Confirmation number as soon as he comes back from running errands for me, Patty.

I hope I've not delayed things :(

Kathy

o

Kathy your still are mailing on the 20th so you are not late.

My SO's son told me I was just wasting my time doing all the swapping I do and it is a waste of money so why don't I just go 'buy' instead of trading...I looked him sternly in eye and say, 'If I went to 'buy' all the seeds I trade for and plan on trading for and will be getting back from the swaps I do, I would have 1000's of dollars invested in my seed habit, as it stands at the moment I have dollars!'
This is true I forgot the exact total but I did add up the seeds I was seeking most (and almost all I have gotten so far from all of you who have traded with me one way or the other) and it was well over 1500.00, I was amazed. But when you factor in the fact that a lot of the seed packets cost 3.00 or more dollars each, it doesn't take long when you are looking at online companies seeds!
None of us would have the collection of wonderful seeds we have if it were not for the fact we all share with each other, I sure know I would not. I am grateful to everyone who has shared with me and for everyone who contributes to swaps like this one.

Again, we have to thank are gracious hostess for doing a project of this nature, and allowing us to have so much fun....THANKS PATTY!!!

Thank you all, I really enjoy these swaps and I can not wait to get this package.... golly, this is awful...lol. How many more days do we have before the mail back time? LOL.

Angie, there is ALWAYS mashed taters with fried chicken, and I'm sure someone would do corn on the cob and green beans or even baked beans...yum, yum!

o

Hi all I received 5 packs today
--sassybutterfly_2008--lisam627_ohio_z6--gmom2-6boys--
--vikingkirken--patrushka-
I got an e-mail from stevewayne he is out and nothing from happyhome so unless she gets her seeds to me the same time as everyone else she is out
Kathy no big deal be careful Fran doesn't beat you up
Chris no big deal about the side trades
Angie I am going to call you.
Here is an updated list
1-pattygrow5-I got them packed and in everyones envies
2 lisam627_ohio_z6-received
3 rbrady-received
4 sguanzon-received
5 morguegirl-mailed
6 ilovefarac-mail by 20th
7 ncgardengirl-received
8 poisondartfrog-received
9 austinnhanasmom -received
10 sybilkrizinski-received
11 micyrey-received
12 yotetrapper-received
13 agirlsgirl-delivering on 23rd
14 roses_more_roses-mailed
15 jworth-mail by 20th
16 duodecad-received
17 sissifriss-received
18 jaynine-received
19 julie_mn-received
20 sassybutterfly_2008-received
21 velsgardenmail-mailed
22 ptp813-received
23 dancinginthegarden-received
24 ollierose-mail by 20th
25 patty_b-received
26 patrob-mailby 20th
27 just1morehosta-received
28 threeshyacres-mail by 20th
29 playintheyard-received
30 ggwrn-received
31 angelady-will mail on 20th
32 ishareflowers-received
33 patrushka-received
34 smokymist-mail by 20th
35 sunset_in-received
36 dorisl-received
37 kamiljablo -OUT
38 maricybele-OUT
39 anadarko_rose-received
40 ourhappyhome-OUT
41 kalena67-mailed
42 dirtdiggin-received
43 riley17-will mail soon
44 chellflower-received
45 ibartoo-OUT
46 sandysgardens-received
47 vikingkirken -received
48 esiuol-received
49 stevenwayne-OUT
50 flwrs4ever-mail by 20th
51 kilngod-received
52 pufftrinket-received
53 nikkineel-received
54 alwaysagarden-received
55 stage_rat-mail by 20th or 21st
56 intelkid-mailed
57 markcase1964-received-received#2
58 cottageflowers-mail soon
59 proudgm_03-received
60 gmom2-6boys-received
61 wishdesign-received
62 conniesc-received
64 jaleeisa-mailed
65 hmacdona-received
66 grolikecrazy-mailed

I think this is right any e-mails I get I will update tomorrow when I get home from work.
Patty

o

I, too, got my package out... I had a small delay, but still got it out 10 minutes 'til 5 pm. Our main post office is out at the airport here and President Bush was landing and then came around with all kinds of people, security, etc, etc... I live in his hometown... Long story short is that I got it mailed and my youngest daughter, Autumn, got smiled and waved at just a few feet away from his SUV when he passed.... We've never been so close to a president before... kind of neat, but that's all I'm gonna say about that... not going to comment on politics...

Blessings,
Angela

o

Okay, I am wayward and late but now am done. I need Pattys address-can someone send to me please. Thanks, jenny. I

o

Hey Jenny I don't have your e-mail it says gardenweb user e-mail me directly. Patty

o

Hey everybody! Well today was a doozy for me...shortly after my last post ,Hubby came home and didnt have his key so he knocked,I was still in the computer chair when he came home. When I went to get up my right foot had fallen asleep,as I scurried with my dead weight foot down the steps to go and open the door for him,my ankle started to wobble,I went to take another step and my right ankle went completely side ways and there was a huge "POP"! Well,needless to say I was happy that hubby was home when it happened and we headed for the emergency room. It is not broken,thank goodness,but a sprain on the top of my foot toward the side,it is hideous looking,that is for sure.This could not have happened to me at a worse time,I still have seeds that were requested to pack up,and a box of seeds to get to Patty! I will have them to Patty by Friday,scouts honor! I am not going to mail them,I am going to take them to Patty's,that way I know they are there on time,she is about 15 minutes from me :)

My daughter is turning 16 tomorrow,I am so glad we planned her party for 2 weeks after her bday...whew! :)

Sorry if I am sort of scattered in my post,they gave me some pain meds and they are working...lol..

Ok Fran,that is way too much temptation especially right now...lol...

I agree with Sandy,I would love to see the reactions of everyone as they open their envy...oh I cannot wait!...lol..

o

Oooooooooooooh, Noooooooooooo, Angie! I am so sorry! My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery... What a blessing that your DH was there when that happened.

Blessings,
Angela

o

Ouch! Angie I am sorry to hear about your ankle. I, too, will be praying for a rapid recovery.

:-) Pam

o

Oh my gosh Angie, that same thing happened to me ! If I'm not being too personal, My foot fell asleep while in the tub, and when I stepped out, I had no feeling and my foot went sideways and I totally fell. It happened a few years ago but it was the worst sprain I've ever had ! I hope you are better soon, I will be thinking about you !
Patty my seeds went out today . Got a confirmation number, emailed that to you and sent you a goodie in the box !!
Unfortunately I haven't been checking the thread so I didn't know all these people dropped out and I'm sure I've put seeds in the box for some of them, if not all. Ahhh well....
Thank you again for all your hard work !

o

Yeahhhh My package is on its way to Patty! What a relief!!!!!I am so excited!I made it, and I still am not sleepy from missing sleep all night because I am stoked! Now I can't hardly wait for my package to arrive!!! Ahhh , I am curling my toes as I'm typing and breathing deeply... Ummm I made it alive.... We made it everybody! Yeahhhhh, Hurrah! Chris

o

Angie, OMG. I am so sorry, at least it is not broken that would have been worse! Good thing hubby was home. I am glad it is not broken. Great thing you got good drugs at least! Feel better real soon sweetie...I'd come cook for you if I lived close too you!

Chris, you are so funny you really do remind me of a kid all excited about Christmas....yes, I think it will feel like Christmas when we get these back. I can't WAIT either...gosh I tell you this is HARD... I get excited about ALL swap packages but I KNOW this one is a DOOZEY!!!

Everybody, take care, stay warm and BE CAREFUL!

o

Wed, Jan 21, 09 at 8:41

Poor Angie! Here's a cuppa tea an ice bag and a new seed catalog.... keep you busy for the morning.

o

Angie!!!.... OWEEE... you hang in there and take it easy.

o

Patty, DC# is 0307 3330 0000 9304 2160, you should have my package in a couple days. Again, I'm so sorry about that!

Kathy

o

Agirlsgirl.... I feel your pain! The SAME thing happened to me last Friday night. I had just gotten home from running errands (about 10pm)and was going down the porch steps to finish unloading groceries from the truck. When my right foot touched the ground my ankle went completely sideways and I heard a loud ripping sound! I plopped down on my bottom on the edge of a lower porchstep (for that brief moment my bruised butt hurt terribly...until the pain in my ankle kicked in!).... Hubby was right behind me in the doorway when it happened- he heard the sound too and thought I had broken it. I'm not one to visit the DR much- just slapped an ice pack on it and by Saturday night I was able to walk without limping....I've been trying to 'walk it off' all week, but it still pains me if I accidentally move it the wrong way (Yeeeoooow!). I am sorry to hear about your sprain...it sure can slow us down with our daily duties, but I'm so glad that yours isn't broken either and I hope it heals soon....do ya think maybe our sprained ankles are a sign for us to ease up on joining so many seed swaps?!?! Nah, I don't think so either !LOL I think its a sign to slow down and enjoy more seed swapping!!! Now have Dear Hubby set up a seed sorting table near the couch so you can stay off that foot and sit around all day watching the tube and organizing those seeds---let others take care of daily errands for a while (wouldn't THAT be lovely ?!?! LOL).

o

oh OUCH Angie! I'm so glad it's not broken tho! And I'm secretly glad to know I'm not the only one that sits at this computer looking at seeds n such so long that a bodypart falls asleep! lol

I can't waittttttttttt to get this pkg back!!!!!!! :D

~Wendy

o

Hi Patty!

Here's my delivery confirmation:

0308 2690 0001 0450 2868

Sorry I've been absent from the threads, I've been a busy bee with wintersowing! I've done 125 containers and can't wait to do more!

Thank you again for doing this swap! It's been a lot of fun and I'm really excited for everyone!

Diana

o

What a bummer Angie! Sorry that had to happen!
My seeds are sent by the way! Forgot to email when I mailed. Thanks, Melinda
I am so looking forward to getting these back!!!

o

Hi Angie,
Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago,mine was torn ligimants(spelling)put in an air cast for 6 weeks.
It still hurts now and then, the doc said it would have been better to have broken it.
Yeaaaa,for pain pill eh?
Can you wrap it?There are elastic socks you can buy at the drug store,your toes and heal are open,but you ankle is held nicly in place, over in the wrist and foot wrapes.
They do feel good.
Have a nice hot cup of coffee,sit back, and relax,oh, you have children don;t you?Sorry,no relaxing for the weary.
Thinking of you,
Carol

o
RE: UPDATE: #5-4th annual whats on my want list swap

OH Sassy,you never fail to ammuse me,i just cracked up at your remark
"And I'm secretly glad to know I'm not the only one that sits at this computer looking at seeds n such so long that a bodypart falls asleep! lol

So true,so true.
I love your comments,you are so,well,Sassy.:0)
Carol

o

Hi all I didn't get any seeds today but this will give me a chance to clean off stamps, put address labels on and get the envies all ready to put the seeds in tape and send it takes awhile to do that so I'll have them all done tonight and ready to be packed as soon as all of the seeds are here
Here are a few more updates

3 rbrady-received
4 sguanzon-received
5 morguegirl-mailed
6 ilovefarac-mailed
7 ncgardengirl-received
11 micyrey-received
12 yotetrapper-received
13 agirlsgirl-delivering on 23rd
15 jworth-mail by 20th ?
16 duodecad-received
17 sissifriss-received
18 jaynine-received
19 julie_mn-received
21 velsgardenmail-mailed
22 ptp813-received
24 ollierose-mailed
25 patty_b-received
26 patrob-mailby 20th ?
28 threeshyacres-mail by 20th ?
30 ggwrn-received
31 angelady-mailed
33 patrushka-received
34 smokymist-mailed
35 sunset_in-received
36 dorisl-received
37 kamiljablo -OUT
38 maricybele-OUT
40 ourhappyhome-OUT
41 kalena67-mailed
42 dirtdiggin-received
43 riley17-will mail soon ?
44 chellflower-received
45 ibartoo-OUT
48 esiuol-received
49 stevenwayne-OUT
50 flwrs4ever-mail by 20th ?
51 kilngod-received
52 pufftrinket-received
53 nikkineel-received
55 stage_rat-mail by 20th or 21st ?
56 intelkid-mailed
58 cottageflowers-mail on the 22nd
59 proudgm_03-received
60 gmom2-6boys-received
61 wishdesign-received
62 conniesc-received
64 jaleeisa-mailed
65 hmacdona-received
66 grolikecrazy-mailed
if any of you have mailed and it's not marked LMK
Thanks to all of you who sent me gifts with your seeds that was very sweet and thoughtful!
I will post again tomorrow
Patty

o

Angie Im so sorry to hear about your accident.Wishing you a speedy recovery...velvet

o

Hi! Thanks so much for all the well wishes! It seems it must be the thing to do this year....hey want to be cool? Sprain an ankle or foot,it is all the rage...lol..
I am thinking it is a bit worse than we originally thought,I talked to the doc today and she said to give it a couple more days and if it hasn't improved or gets any worse she wants to see me asap.This is driving me crazy,the only time I hold still all day is when I fall asleep and even after I am asleep I am on the go...so all this holding still is making me crazy! I am doing what the doctor told me to do and I am hoping by tomorrow I will be able to move my toes without yelping at least!

Wendy...lol...yes ,you are not alone! You crack me up!:)

Carol,nope not supposed to wrap it,they gave me this really funky looking shoe/splint thing to wear,it looks like a converse tennis shoe,without the tongue or toe...lol..talk about cute!...lol..

Again ,thank you all for all the well wishes,advice and sharing your boo boo experiences,it put a smile on my face today! :)

Ok enough of my moaning and groaning,I wonder how many pounds of seed Patty is going to have there? I am betting there will be at least 10 pounds...lol...poor Patty,she is going to be lost in seeds for days...lol....I am so curious on what the final count will be for how many packs were sent in...these are the things I have been thinking about as I vegetate on the TV...I am incredibly bored...lol..well,I am off to take some good advice and look through my seeds,I guess I may as well make this a productive time! :)

o

I don't know about the rest of you, but I would love to see a picture of all the seeds!

Ginger

o

Angie,
They did take x-rays didn;t they?
If you tore the ligiments,it will be awhile before you will be feeling good,i sure hope you get some rest,i know how painful this is,i'm sorry for you.
Keep us posted will you,thinking of you and hoping the best.
Carol

o

Angie? um,,,NO! LOL...I think not, I twist and turn my ankles ALL the time. When we moved to this house there was a small hole in the backyard next to the apple tree, of course I am always out there doing something and have things in my hands that keep me from seeing this hole and it isn't very big maybe a foot round. Anyway, YES I would trip over it every time I was out there. Turning my ankle in the process, would hurt for days.
The LAST time I did it I was walking the horse through the back yard to go to a field across the road. SHE thought she was supposed to walk in front and of course this would pull me at HER speed, so here I am getting 'pulled' through the yard and lo and behold gosh darn it she pulls me straight over the freaking hole, DOWN my big hinny goes, now as I am falling I am terrified this is going to spook her and she is gonna take off running...NOPE, because what she was 'pulling' was no longer moving with her she stops, turns and looks at me like YOU IDIOT WHAT THE HECK YOU DOING DOWN THERE?
As priceless as her expression was I found this none to funny, and again my ankle hurt for more days as did my legs, knees....
Needless to say I did fill the hole in with dirt from the garden after that,,,yes, I thought about it before. Each and every time I fell in it...but then I would forget! Not the last time...that one really scared me and I remembered the next time I was out there!

Yeap, my body goes to sleep while on the computer,,,I walk around the house...well, I drag my foot, (sometimes it is both...not easy!) around the house until the feeling starts coming back THEN I stop where I am, holding onto something until the pain goes away...OH you too? Yeap, I knew ya'll would understand...lol

Angie make sure you are doing something productive, no point in wasting sitting time...lol

Photobucket

o

Success! The plows came through (one knocked my mom's mailbox off its post) and the seeds got into the mail today! It was nice to have a fat package to mail, so I didn't have to explain, AGAIN, how it's less than 3/4 inch so don't charge me so much, here is the printout from the post office site, blah blah...

I didn't find my misplaced seeds last night, and there were things on people's lists that I worry I am the only "supplier" for, so I am so sorry for anyone's disappointment!

Maybe we should do a tally of all the seed packets, kind of like the wintersowing jug tally?

Angie, and chellflower: do be sure to do whatever the doctor says in order to make those ankles better, including elevating your foot or icing or whatever they say. These can be critical to it healing quickly or well. My best friend sprained her ankle so many times (she has "floppy ligaments" or something) that she tore the ligaments little by little and had to have surgery last year. She'd often resprain it while she was still healing from the last sprain. I hope you all heal quickly!

o

Ginger,
Wouldn't that be cool to see... You know it has to be a ton of seed packets she has been dealing with!

Cindy

o

(I bet she secretly rolls in them all before they go in the packages. teeheehee. I would.)

o

Kilngod ~ that is HILARIOUS!! *gets secretly lost in same fantasy for a min or two.....

:P

~Wendy

o

Hi everybody! :)I have to say it has been the highlight of my day reading your posts,it was so worth dragging myself up the steps for...lol..

Carol,they did do an x-ray,but I guess what it is that they really can't tell the extent of damage that has been done until days after. I tore ligaments in my wrist when I was a kid,it was terrible. This doesn't seem to be as bad as that was,so I am hoping that there isn't too much damage and it heals quickly! I am thinking today is better than yesterday ,I try to think positive about these sorts of things...I truly believe that positive thoughts bring a quicker recovery! Thanks again Carol! :)

Fran! OUCH! Good thing you filled in that hole! I was productive last night,I got the requests packed up and even had time to find a few other seeds I can throw in. I got them packed in the box in order,they just need their labels and they are ready to go to Patty's! I am so excited to send them off,knowing each and everyone is going to a loving home is such a good feeling!:)

stage_rat,yes a tally! That is what we need! I think it would be great fun! Not a competition,but just a tally of how many were sent in!:) I have been very good about listening to the doctor. I want these ligaments to reattach to the bone properly so I can get a move on here! Thanks for the further motivation to do what I am told,floppy ligaments sounds like no picnic! Although it seems like the elevation thing is causing me alot of pain,I downsized the pillow and will see how I do overnight tonight. It doesn't hurt much throughout the day,but at night,it hurts something terrible. I am thinking it maybe that the blood isn't flowing because I may have it too high.Thankfully,there really isnt too much swelling,that has been a bonus!:)

Tina,I bet she does too!...lol...I don't see how one could resist!:)

o

Angie - I did the very same thing to my ankle a couple of years back. Mine happened in a gopher hole on the front lawn, but instead of one loud pop, there were two. Took me to my knees, I lost my breath and hobbled to the house and laid down on the couch. My ankle swelled to larger than my knee, turned all colors of purple and blue and stayed swollen for several months. We had Group Death...err Health insurance at the time and they don't spend anything they don't absolutely have to, on patient wellness. They x-rayed and found it wasn't broken, told me to use crutches or lay on the couch with my foot up(yeah right! In the Summer???), but they didn't supply any crutches or anything for that matter. Heck they didn't even wrap it, just told me to keep it wrapped! Sent me out hobbling on DH's arm. We borrowed crutches from a friend and I was on them for a couple of weeks. They didn't care to see me back (guess it didn't pay enough for a second visit) but my ankle still swells if I'm on it for too long. I feel your pain and hope that it isn't more serious. Hope the pain subsides for you.

o

Oh Toni! That is terrible! I cannot believe....well yeah I can...but how you were treated is just horrible! I am sorry to hear you still suffer from time to time! I swear something has got to give with these insurance companies!

o

Oh that is just terriable Toni,no one should be treated that way,they didn't even put it in a cast,unbeliveable.Broken bones are a very serious matter,more so than i ever knew,my husbands father fell and hurt his foot,he did have exrays,but not a very good reader of them,they over looked the fact the he had 5 broken bones in his foot,ended up having his leg removed because gangreen had set in because of the broken bones,not being cared for properly.
Every one-please take care,sprains and broken bones are serious.
Angie,are you using ice?
Carol

o

Amgie, I do hope you are better soon. It sucks really bad to have to hobble around. Usually things do hurt more at night I think it is because the blood flow is BETTER because we are relaxed.

Insurances companies are awful, they want you to pay them BUT they do not want to spend YOUR money back out on YOU! That is NOT right and our insurance policies need to be changed! Companies should not have that power to rule themselves.

o

Angie, I am so sorry to hear you are laid UP !! Make sure you rest as much as you can, the more ya do, the longer the healing will take !! Also the dr had told me for the first few days after an accident like that, to eat a lot of protein to help the healing.

Chell, I am also sorry to hear you are hurt also !! Please rest, and work on seeds, or chat online, we want you to get better for spring, that garden is gonna need you on BOTH feet !!

My seeds have been sent, and I emailed Patty, hope she gets it....I spent the last few days with my daughter being real sick, she asperated on some of the stomach fluid ( she has stomach conditions) and has an infection now in both her lungs...and was up for a few nights gasping for air...so I am going on no sleep..but happy to say she is getting better !!

I would love to know a total count also on how many seeds came for this swap, I cannot imagine the sorting of them all !!

Thanks Patty for all you are doing !!

o

(cue the Madonna video)

...because I'm living, in a Material (Seed) World, and I am a Material (Seed) Girl...

(teeheehee - you know this makes the ankle pain go away.)

o

Ohhh Carol...that's aweful! I'm so sorry.

Have you ever wondered why they ask us to sign release forms PRIOR to treatment? It's cause they're just "practicing" medicine! Kinda scary! Yes, insurance companies are the WORST.

We changed insurance companies shortly after all of this. I feel bad for those who don't have the options on the companies they have available to them. Medicine is a very touchy area and I'm not a doctor lover....BELIEVE ME! Lost my father to medical malpractice, so it's not a light issue with me.

o

Kilngod ....lololol

Just so long as she doesn't DRESS Like Madonna as she is rolling in those seeds LOL...
I picture Patty throwing them up in the air all around her, packets flying everywhere like one would if they won the lottery ! Think she answers the door like those commercials where people win a Million dollars , or eyeballs the mailman like...'oh ...more seeds' LOLOL

I'm so excited !!

Angie you take care of that ankle. Ankle's are the hardest dang things to heal cause we need them so much !

Cheryl

o

Hi all I got 6 more today
patrob--intelkid--angelady--jaleesia--morguegirl--smokeymist(thank you for the great brug cutting I can't wait till summer to see it blooming)
a few more have mailed I will update the list I have all of the envies cleared of old stamps and tags have the new ones on I replaced a few envies with new ones when I have time I have a few ankle foot stories for all of you but I hear the seeds calling me I have to wait to get Angies before I can roll in them.
Here is the updated list

3 rbrady-received
4 sguanzon-received
5 morguegirl-received
6 ilovefarac-mailed
7 ncgardengirl-received
11 micyrey-received
12 yotetrapper-received
13 agirlsgirl-delivering on 23rd or 24th
15 jworth-mail by 20th ?
16 duodecad-received
17 sissifriss-received
18 jaynine-received
19 julie_mn-received
21 velsgardenmail-mailed
22 ptp813-received
24 ollierose-mailed
25 patty_b-received
26 patrob-received
30 ggwrn-received
31 angelady-received
33 patrushka-received
34 smokymist-received
35 sunset_in-received
36 dorisl-received
37 kamiljablo -OUT
38 maricybele-OUT
40 ourhappyhome-OUT
41 kalena67-mailed
42 dirtdiggin-received
43 riley17-will mail soon ?
44 chellflower-received
45 ibartoo-OUT
48 esiuol-received
49 stevenwayne-OUT
50 flwrs4ever-mailed
51 kilngod-received
52 pufftrinket-received
53 nikkineel-received
55 stage_rat-mailed
56 intelkid-received
59 proudgm_03-received
60 gmom2-6boys-received
61 wishdesign-received
62 conniesc-received
64 jaleeisa-received
65 hmacdona-received
66 grolikecrazy-mailed
Thanks going to get back to it
Patty

o

I'm so sorry to hear all the horrible ankle stories... I don't guess that helps Angie feel better, but at least they are good warnings for her!..... yikes... I will be VERY careful next time my foot falls asleep......

Kym - Oh, your poor baby girl! I hope she is better VERY soon... prayers for her and for you are going out.... I agree that good thoughts also help, so lots of good thoughts for her as well....

Patty - I can only imagine how much this is for you... I hope it's somewhat enjoyable????? I do just want to let you know how much we all appreciate what you're doing.

Blessings,
Angela

o

Fri, Jan 23, 09 at 18:40

This is a good time of year to do a swap like this, when you get your package, its like being surrounded with little envelopes full of hope.

:)

o

Patty, I sent you an email, sorry again for the delay.
Angie, I hope you feel better soon! Will keep you in thoughts and prayers.
Holly

o

Oh no! Our poor Krystal!!! Kym make sure you give her a big hug from us, and let her know she has lots of positive thoughts coming her way. So glad to hear she is feeling a bit better,keep us posted! :)

Kilngod,laughter is always the best medicine,thank you! :)

Yes Carol I am using the ice...well now I am, since Pattys hubby gave me a lecture on using ice,I am taking his advice since he is a pro in this field! ;)

The seeds are all packed up and ready to go out the door,we will be delivering them to Patty tomorrow. I was hoping she was going to be off work tomorrow so I could actually meet her...but they are making her work!:(
Anyway,I would like to say,I have talked with Patty on the phone a few times and her hubby once,they are both incredibly nice people! I cant wait to attend some plant swaps with Patty this year! :)

Again,thank you all for all the well wishes,it has really lifted my spirits just checking in with you guys,reading how excited you all are mailing and the anticipation of a fat envy of awesome seeds...the icing on the cake for me will be tomorrow when I go to drop the seeds off to Patty. I will be checking out a place Patty told me about,they have soil for $3 a bag!!! She said it is a big bag and the soil is great! I looked at their ad and they also carry Pro Mix...so I am super excited to check this place out! I will have my dirt tomorrow,so as soon as I am healed up I can get started on my ws'ing! Woo Hoo!!! :D

Hope you all are having a great night! :)

o

Hi all I got 5 more packs today from
growlike crazy--velsgarden--rosesmoreroses--ilovefarac--and kalena67
kalena thank you for the great book it is beautiful and grolike crazy I will put your seeds to come back in a bubble envie if thats ok with you you sent wayyy too much postage though so if you want me to use the box I can.
yes sadly I have to work another Saturday I would like to have 2 days a week off not one oh well at least its only 5 hours.
here is an updated list
3 rbrady-received
4 sguanzon-received
5 morguegirl-received
6 ilovefarac-received
7 ncgardengirl-received
11 micyrey-received
12 yotetrapper-received
13 agirlsgirl-delivering on 23rd or 24th
14 roses_more_roses-received
15 jworth-mailed
16 duodecad-received
17 sissifriss-received
18 jaynine-received
19 julie_mn-received
21 velsgardenmail-received
22 ptp813-received
24 ollierose-mailed
25 patty_b-received
26 patrob-received
30 ggwrn-received
31 angelady-received
33 patrushka-received
34 smokymist-received
35 sunset_in-received
36 dorisl-received
37 kamiljablo -OUT
38 maricybele-OUT
40 ourhappyhome-OUT
41 kalena67-received
42 dirtdiggin-received
43 riley17-mailed
44 chellflower-received
45 ibartoo-OUT
48 esiuol-received
49 stevenwayne-OUT
50 flwrs4ever-mailed
51 kilngod-received
52 pufftrinket-received
53 nikkineel-received
55 stage_rat-mailed
56 intelkid-received
59 proudgm_03-received
60 gmom2-6boys-received
61 wishdesign-received
62 conniesc-received- sent 2nd
64 jaleeisa-received
65 hmacdona-received
66 grolikecrazy-received
we only have 8 plus conniesc second to go then I can start going thru to get them ready to come home I am going back to sort out the new arrivals.
Patty

o

i see one of them you dont know if they sent yet, huh? Hopefully she lets you know what's up soon. Ok ok I'm gonna stop being impatient now LOL. I wonder what I'm gonna get? This is worse than a kid at christmas. Actually, feels like Christmas all over again.

o

Hi! I delivered my seeds to Patty today! Patty wasn't home when we got there, but her super nice hubby was,so we stopped in for a few minutes,there were envies there waiting for Patty when she comes home,I think there were 5 of them! So I am pretty sure she should have just about everyone's envy in,maybe there are a couple that still need to get there,but we will have a better idea later on when Patty posts the list! :)

No worries Angela,I am impatient too...lol..the minute we left Patty's today I started getting that excited "Butterflies in the stomach" feeling....lol..it does feel like Christmas again! :)

Well before we went to Patty's today we went to the place Patty recommended to me for dirt,Best Feeds....WOW!!!! I cannot thank you enough Patty,that place was incredible! The dirt was 3.29 for a 40 pound bag,and you could feel how loose and fluffy it is right through the bag! I got a big bag of Pro Mix for my indoor seeds and it was only $10,compared to the $15 HD wanted last year for them!!! The staff was awesome! Since the 40 pound bags were frozen,they gave me two 20 pound bags for the same price as one 40 pound bag,so they weren't so heavy to carry! And they have a reward card that starts in Feb! I know where I am going for my soil from now on!;)
I also bought 2 packs of seeds...lol...I couldn't help it they were Zinnia that I didn't have! I got a pack of Zinnia 'Pinwheel Mix',they are a profusion mix,great colors! And a pack of 'Burpee's Hybrid Mix' Zinnia,they are so cool! They have shaggy flowers,like certain Dahlias. I know they are a hybrid and may not come true from seed,but I have a feeling these will be ones I buy every year!:)

I cannot wait to see Patty's gardens this season,although everything here is pretty much brown this time of year,you can see how fantastic her beds are. I can only imagine what they look like all filled in with foliage and blooms! Her hubby has a way with roses,they are monsters...lol..I want to see those babies blooming! :)
Well,I am off to rest a bit from all this excitement I had today...lol..hope it is a wonderful day for all of you as well! :)

o

Hi all I got 5 more packs plus Angies delivery I am sorry I missed you Angie.You should see best feeds full of plants its not as good as it used to be they had a native section but when I stopped last year it was gone.I'll call you
I got seeds from stagerat--cottageflowers--threeshyacres--flwrs4ever--ollierose--agirlsgirl
I am only waiting on jworth riley17 and the 2nd from connie they are all mailed
Updated list

3 rbrady-received
4 sguanzon-received
5 morguegirl-received
6 ilovefarac-received
7 ncgardengirl-received
11 micyrey-received
12 yotetrapper-received
13 agirlsgirl-received
14 roses_more_roses-received
15 jworth-mailed
16 duodecad-received
17 sissifriss-received
18 jaynine-received
19 julie_mn-received
21 velsgardenmail-received
22 ptp813-received
24 ollierose-received
25 patty_b-received
26 patrob-received
28 threeshyacres-received
30 ggwrn-received
31 angelady-received
33 patrushka-received
34 smokymist-received
35 sunset_in-received
36 dorisl-received
37 kamiljablo -OUT
38 maricybele-OUT
40 ourhappyhome-OUT
41 kalena67-received
42 dirtdiggin-received
43 riley17-mailed
44 chellflower-received
45 ibartoo-OUT
48 esiuol-received
49 stevenwayne-OUT
50 flwrs4ever-received
51 kilngod-received
52 pufftrinket-received
53 nikkineel-received
55 stage_rat-received
56 intelkid-received
58 cottageflowers-received
59 proudgm_03-received
60 gmom2-6boys-received
61 wishdesign-received
62 conniesc-received- sent 2nd
64 jaleeisa-received
65 hmacdona-received
66 grolikecrazy-received
I will be busy with all of these seeds just separating tonight wow Thanks all
Patty

o

I can't wait to find out how many were sent in total. That has to be a HUGE number!

Blessings,
Angela

o

Ohhhh I am sooo glad to hear mine have made it......now the excitement will build, and build till I hear they are on the way, then it gets even worse till they make it to the mailbox.

I cant wait to hear how many seeds are there...must be about 2,000 packs I think.

o

Let's take fake bets.

I'm betting on the total being 8250 packs.

--Tina

o

I sure hope she doesn't have to deal with 8250 packets of seeds, we'd be reading about the poor women who suffocated on seed baggies!

I'm going to guess 2500.

I'm so excited about getting my package back but poor, sweet patty.

Lisa

o

ishareflowers and flwrs4ever there is no way you are right between me and Angie alone there are over 1000 I will add the totals up tonight and post I am trying to get a jump on this before the last few packs are in.
Patty

o

HOLY SMOKES!

I don't have 500 different packages, that's crazy!

Lisa

o

Sun, Jan 25, 09 at 11:54

HUH? Two people put in a thousand packs! WOWZA! I feel like a cheapskate I didnt even send in a hundred!!!

o

Holy Smoke!
Two of you sent that many seed packs!It will take me YEARS, to even get that many.
I am totally impressed,beyond words even.
This has been so much fun,i really don't know how some of you do more than one swap,i see there is another one starting,i would love to get in on that one,but i better wait,i will have a lot of sowing to do.
Thanks every one for making this so much fun,and your willingness to share so mant wonderful seeds.

Patty is such a sweet heart for doing this.i hope she is having fun.
Carol

o

Okay, I'm guessing between 10,000 and 11,000 pkgs. Can you imagine...even if it was only 8250...HOLY COW!!! Okay, picture Patty playing in the seeds lol. I can't imagine counting through and doing all of this work...bless your heart Patty! Thanks so much for hosting this swap. It's been really fun! Can't wait to update my list :)

o

No way, dirt.
You've got to pick a real number, not a 1000-pack range. That's too easy. Commit, dagnabit. lol!

Patty & Angie just blew the curve completely, and I knew they would to some extent, but I'll stick with my first estimate anyway.

Ok, bet's are:
kilngod: 8250
dirtdiggin: needs to pin it down.

Who else is in? Winner is whoever is closest to the actual number (whether above or below the bet) and just gets a big "Whoo-Hooo" from all. (Patty, don't post totals yet please. Give us maybe 2 days? to have this goofy-dork betting fun since it'll take some time for envies to get sorted and sent back. An extra phase of anticipation.)

Bet quick, before Patty announces, cuz once she does....no more bets accepted!

o

lol kiln okay 10,500 a safe inbetween lol :)

o
betting: total packs sent in (wlomwls 2009)

Total Packs Sent in Bets

flwrs4ever 2000
kilngod 8250
ishareflowers 2500
Dirtdiggin somewhere between 5 and a million (heeheehee; is still pinning it down)

o
RE: Bets for packet totals

Total Packs Sent in Bets

flwrs4ever 2000
kilngod 8250
ishareflowers 2500
Dirtdiggin 10,500 :)

o

Sun, Jan 25, 09 at 15:50

Im guessing 1/3 of the people stuck to the 100 pack limit, 1/3 sent up to 200 packs and 1/3 went over 200, so my guestimate is:

Is it the closest wins or closest to not go over the actual?

D

o

OK, I am game for a bet...HEHE I will say 10959 I don't know where it came from...lol. But that's it, my number...hehe

Came on ya'll throw out a guess, it is something to do while the wait is paining us...lol.

o

Oh, heavens, that had me loudly laughing out loud! Can I choose somewhere between 10 to 20,000?.... only if that's not already taken... hee hee

Ok, really... My guess is 7500.

Blessings,
Angela

o

The closest wins, no matter whether over or under.

Total-Packs-Sent-In Bets:

flwrs4ever......2,000
kilngod.........8,250
ishareflowers...2,500
Dirtdiggin.....10,500
dorisl.........11,172
ncgardengirl...10,959

(Fran, those were my thoughts too! Medicine for the wait.)

o

9,462 Nikki

o

My guess is 11,500. For Patty's sake I hope there are not that many!

Ginger

o
RE: UPDATE: New Bets

flwrs4ever......2,000
kilngod.........8,250
ishareflowers...2,500
Dirtdiggin.....10,500
dorisl.........11,172
ncgardengirl...10,959
angelady........7,500
nikkineel.......9,462
ggwrn..........11,500

o

6,660 sorry I had to :)

o

6767 is my guess.

o

hey now...I guessed before it was a real bet lol :) Really wasn't trying to get an exact...just approximate. And I posted my REAL guess...ONE minute before kilngod put that terrific bet for me :) Blast it, I like the one she put down for me.
I only had a 1000 margin hehehehe why won't that work???

o
re: update: bets

flwrs4ever.........2,000
kilngod............8,250
ishareflowers......2,500
Dirtdiggin........10,500
dorisl............11,172
ncgardengirl......10,959
angelady...........7,500
nikkineel..........9,462
ggwrn.............11,500
conniesc...........6,660
poisondartfrog.....6,767

Getting pretty creative with those numbers. I like it!

(and Doris, no worries, you aren't a cheapie. I had less than 100 my first year too. Now I just have so many seeds from each thing I grow that I'll take any excuse to send them AWAY from here. lol! And it barely put a dent in many of my stashes. It's ridiculous. Remember that one seed type that several people want can mean sending in 10 packs of the same thing if you have enough of it. Patty, I held waaaay back to keep it to 315 so you wouldn't end up with 47 packs of pink snapdragons to deal with...and you still may between all of us!)

o

Dirt, you've got me falling off my chair. HAHAHAHA! The best kind of nuts don't fall from trees.

o

OK I am not here to give you the count but I am here to ask
conniesc--riley17--jworth to e-mail the total you are sending so I can give an acurate count
you guys are having too much fun with this LOL
Can I guess?
Patty

o

By all means, Patty - we would love to hear your "guess"! Nikki

o

I'll guess 8750.

o
RE: UPDATE: Betting

flwrs4ever.........2,000
kilngod............8,250
ishareflowers......2,500
Dirtdiggin........10,500
dorisl............11,172
ncgardengirl......10,959
angelady...........7,500
nikkineel..........9,462
ggwrn.............11,500
conniesc...........6,660
poisondartfrog.....6,767
patrob.............8,750

(wagging my finger) Now, Patty, don't you dare with an insider guess :) You'll win!

o

LOL Kiln...that reminds me of a song from camp when I was in grade school.....geez I can't believe I even remember back that far....

I'm an acorn, small and round
Lying on the cold, cold ground
Every body walks on me
That is why I'm cracked you see

(chorus)
I'm a nut! (click, click) [with tongue]
I'm a nut! (click, click)
I'm an N U T T nut!
boom boom boom

Called myself on the telephone
just to hear my golden tone
asked myself out for a date
told myself 'bout half past eight

(chorus)

Took myself to the picture show
Sat myself in the very last row
Put my arms around my waist
Got so fresh I slapped my face

(chorus)

Oh my I think I need a nap! LOL Hey You started it lol

o

9125 is my guess :P

Kathy

o

I am going to guess 5999

Mark

o

i guess 9877. if i get it right, do i win them all?!

janine

o

8,888.Thats my guess.

I can't even count that high,ha ha.poor Patty.
Carol

o

my guess is 10,002.5

o

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 25, 09 at 22:24

HMMM! How bout 7948?

Rhonda

o

Oh! This is fun! I'm going to guess 7,294. I can't imagine going through that many seeds!! No matter the actual count, Patty, you are in seed heaven!! lol

Karen

o

Oh, wait a minute........I didnt know we were making guesses, and if Angie and Patty have 1,00 between them, I soooooooo totally off the count.

Can I place a new bet PLEAAAASEEEEEEEE...........and I wonder was she gonna count anyways, cause I hope we didnt ADD to her work.......OOPPSS !! I am gonna guess 9,850 packs.

BTW, YOU ALL ARE IN SERIOUS DENIAL........and should ALL be placed in SEED AHOLIC ANONYMOUS...* sending in 500 packs of seeds, and you are STILL wanting more...*

OK, YES....I cant WAIT to hear the seeds are all sorted and on the way.....ohhhh, I hope I get a few packs that make me scream with delight !!!

o
RE: UPDATE: #5-4th annual what's left on my want list swap

my guess is...5401. I can't believe even 2 of you guys had the patience to do 500 seed packets! Wow!

I did learn this week that making up many packets of one seed at once, and printing off the labels (instead of writing in the name and circling things like I usually do), makes things go much faster. There was a garden show this weekend, and I traded/donated a bunch of seed. They usually get seed donations from seed companies, but the companies didn't donate many veggie seeds (they sold them all!) so my mom and I made up over 170 packets of tomato seeds. In return, I got some really cool stuff! I got Calla lily bulbs, and resurrection lily bulbs, and some nice seeds. I also got to make a display about wintersowing, and they printed up brochures for me! It's so nice to have a garden show in the really awful winter weather.

o

I will make a guess of 9,842. Oh, do I feel for you, Patty! I wouldn't want to sort them all out! Just sit in them for a while! Melinda

o

This is like the price is right! I'll say 9995 Bob!

The acorn song! I love that one. Fun to sing with kids! I heard a slightly different version though.

Chorus
I'm a nut (click click)
I'm a nut (click click)
I'm crazy!

2nd verse
Called myself up on the phone
Just to see if I was home.
Asked myself out for a date
Picked me up at half past eight.

o

flwrs4ever.........(2,000) revised 9,850
kilngod............8,250
ishareflowers......2,500 (want a revision??)
Dirtdiggin........10,500
dorisl............11,172
ncgardengirl......10,959
angelady...........7,500
nikkineel..........9,462
ggwrn.............11,500
conniesc...........6,660
poisondartfrog.....6,767
patrob.............8,750
jaleeisa...........9,125
markcase1964.......5,999
jaynine............9,877
just1morehosta.....8,888
yotetrapper.......10,002.5
rbrady.............7,948
kalena67...........7,294
stage_rat..........5,401
ilovefarac.........9,842

There ya' go, flwrs4ever. I decided to stay on my first calculation despite the 500 x 2 announcement, but Ishare, if you want to bump, just say.

I had put the prize just as a "Whoo Hooo" from all, but am willing to bump that up to:

Whoever is closest gets to pick any 10 things from my haves that you'd like, and I'll send it to you (and pay the postage myself).

If I win......well, then maybe I can ravage someone's list for 10 things --- but that'll be up to participants to offer up their list. (I won't hit on someone who doesn't speak up at that time, especially to protect the newbies with limited lists. We'll deal with that idea IF it happens that I win.)

o
RE: UPDATE: funny yote!!

Yote, that was a hoot.

o

Hmmmm - I'm going with 6423 packets of seeds!!!

o

My guess is 7186

Amy

o

11,262! :P Wow.. forget Patty rollin' around in these.. if she does we may never find her! :)

~Wendy

o

7,800. Patty, did you look under your couch, in your pockets... check your hair? lol... : )

Cindy

o

Tina,

Thanks, I think I will change my numbers. I guess I wasn't thinking when I posted that guess!

My new guess is 10,100 packets of seeds, that's an average of 168 packs per player(60)and then adding in angie and pattys seeds.

Lisa

Lisa

o

kilngod, that is so nice to offer a prize to the closest guesser! If it should happen to be yourself, I'd be more than happy to offer you something from my have list for a prize!

Karen

o

Mon, Jan 26, 09 at 10:32

anybody remember the total for last year?

o

Kilngod if you win you can choose from my list as well.

o

kilngod............8,250
ishareflowers......(2,500) revised 10,100
Dirtdiggin........10,500
dorisl............11,172
ncgardengirl......10,959
angelady...........7,500
nikkineel..........9,462
ggwrn.............11,500
conniesc...........6,660
poisondartfrog.....6,767
patrob.............8,750
jaleeisa...........9,125
markcase1964.......5,999
jaynine............9,877
just1morehosta.....8,888
rbrady.............7,948
kalena67...........7,294
stage_rat..........5,401
ilovefarac.........9,842
sandysgardens......6,423
morguegirl.........7,186
sassybutterfly_2008...11,262
alwaysagarden.........7,800

We've got a nice range from 5,401 to 11,500. Pretty big spread.

So....are we overestimating or underestimating???

heeheehee

(thanks Kalena & Dirt, for offering up a just-in-case prize for me. Dirt, I just like calling you that. Makes me laugh every time.)

o

kilngod are you in any other swaps right now? I spy a seed on your list I am dying to have LOL.

o

Yotetrapper, I am with u. Kilngod has a very nice list of items.. maybe they can be persuaded to join the April seed showers bring may flowers.. maybe?

o

Kilngod,

You can also choose from my list if I have anything you'd like should you win.

Lisa

o

This is such a good idea--it's something fun to do while we wait to get the envelopes back!

Kilngod, if you're right, you can choose from my list if you want to.

o

Im gonna guess 6200.Im a newbie,what can I say..lol

o

kilngod-
my list is open to you as well.
janine

o

Hmmmm I'm thinking that I may have guessed to low, now that I did some stats. What can I say, my analysis background is popping in. Oh well, like StageRat said, this is fun entertainment while we wait for the oh so special envy to arrive home.

What else can we play while we wait? We have a while before we can start staring a whole in the mailbox, waiting for our postal worker to deliver the goods.

o

HAHAHA Kilngod- Dirt's a good name for me LOL :)

o

kilngod............8,250
ishareflowers......(2,500) revised 10,100
Dirtdiggin........10,500
dorisl............11,172
ncgardengirl......10,959
angelady...........7,500
nikkineel..........9,462
ggwrn.............11,500
conniesc...........6,660
poisondartfrog.....6,767
patrob.............8,750
jaleeisa...........9,125
markcase1964.......5,999
jaynine............9,877
just1morehosta.....8,888
rbrady.............7,948
kalena67...........7,294
stage_rat..........5,401
ilovefarac.........9,842
sandysgardens......6,423
morguegirl.........7,186
sassybutterfly_2008...11,262
alwaysagarden.........7,800
velsgarden.........6,200

Sandy - I'm worried mine is low too, but remember there are newbies in this group who may have only been able to send in 30 packs. Looking at the list of names, I guessed who would send in over 200 (the "die-hards" and used 250 as an average for those) and then used an average of 100 for the rest of the group, figuring some would be at 150 or 200, and others would be at 50. (Used myself as an estimate, 1st year sent about 70, 2nd year about 130-150 I think, and this year 315.) We may not be as far off as we worry. There may be way more people in the 50-100 range than at the 200 point.

Either way...It's a TON of seeds. Enough to fill a waterbed, I'd bet.

Other swaps? I think I'll jump on board the I Wanted That swap (the gifting one) after this one is wrapped up. In fact have already gone through everyone's lists there once (the ones not in this swap at least), and plan to go back through after seeds from this swap arrive.

I'll check out the April-May flowers thing and see if I'm up to another.

Put whatever is peaking your interest on the top of your want list for now :)

o

This sounds like fun. I'll guess 7,796.

Angie, What did the doctor say? I hope your ankle is feeling much better.

Pat

o

Anyone up for a game of 21 questions? We could do that after the guess the number of packs answer comes in? I will put up a prize of something if anyone wants to play a round of that. Oh, I can offer 4 packs of seeds, my choice you can tell me if you want veggies, flowes, basils, plus a note pad and a pocketbook calendar.
Then maybe someone else can take the next set and offer something up as a prize pack, all seeds are good too.

Anyone up for something like this?

o

Hi all I got conniesc second envie today but I can't give you the total until jworth and riley 17 either e-mail me their total or I get the seeds so no winners yet.
I said Angie and I have OVER 1000 between the 2 of us and are you guys crazy I have all the seeds separated into bags who they were sent for I not gonna roll in them and mix them up
I'm not a nut (click click)
I'm not a nut (click click)
I love that song it's best sung by the acorn in we sing in sillyville.
I have to get back to it had to do 2 hours of overtime so I lost 2 hours of quality time with my seed babies LOL
Keep on guessing
Patty

o

Well I was taught a WHOLE different version of that song when I was a kid by my sister and her friend,

I'm a little japanese,
I do anything I please,
I can sing,
I can dance,
I wear ruffles on my pants,

I'm a nut (click, click)
I'm a nut (click, click)

Called myself on the phone
just to see if I was home
asked myself for a date
said I'd be there half past eight

(chorus)

Took myself to the show
Sat myself on the very first row
Put my arms around my waist
Got so fresh I slapped my face

(chorus)

LOL, I think it derived from that cartoon with the little japanese fellow in it...I am not really sure.

Patty, I don't blame you I wouldn't unpack the seeds either...hehe.
I sure hope those folks let you know the totals soon, have you emailed them? LOL

Angie, I hope you are feeling loads better dear....

o

Hey guys! what a great idea Tina! I am guessing 9420,feels like a good number to me! :)
This is exciting,Tina has an awesome list! I am willing to offer my list up too if Tina wins,it is still in draft form,but it's just about all there!;)

Hi Carol! I had a bad day yesterday and I went to see the doctor today,she wants me to have another x-ray tomorrow,she wants to be sure there isn't a fracture. I am hoping that this will just pass soon,it is getting on my nerves! This is day 6 of sitting around watching TV,I feel like I am being brainwashed...lol..I think I have finally seen every episode of Cold Case & Bones,love the shows,but I am getting worn out on it,I want to get my seeds started! I have all this beautiful "Black Gold" (as Patty calls it) and a big beautiful bag of Pro Mix sitting in my garage just waiting for me to dig in...lol..

LOL...Patty,you are funny! I guess you have a point, rolling in them would make a whole lot more work for your self...too bad,it sounds like sooo much fun! :)

I hope everyone is having a great night!:)

o
RE: 1UPDATE: #5-4th annual whats left on my want list swap

Thanks Fran!:)

o

Patty...
"lost 2 hours of quality time with your seed babies" that is just too cute. : )

Awww Angie,
don't worry those little seeds will wait for you.

o

Heh... poor Angie! That's how I feel too being pretty much confined to bed with these spasms. And I not only have my seeds and "black gold" here I could be playing with... I haven't even been able to wintersow much... but I lost my job at WalMart in the Lawn and Garden department! So I don't get to play with all those plants as planned! :( Keeping you in my prayers, girly :) I'm off to take another round of pills and lay down.

Kathy

o

Thanks Cindy,but it is like torture knowing there are all those bags of dirt waiting in the garage,and all these seeds...which have been moved next to me in the living room...lol..calling my name,saying "Angie...wanna play?..."...lol...

Oh Kathy girl! You are far worse off than me,thank you for your well wishes! I hope you recover soon,it is just terrible what you have been going through,I had no idea! And now your job! UGH! That is their loss,those plants would have no better care taker for you! I know you will find another job,maybe a small nursery,one with character,that is where you belong....ok now I am fantasizing for you...I have a bad habit of doing that!...lol..Anyway,big hugs lady,I will keep you in my "thoughts"! :)

o

Jaleeisa, I'm sorry to hear about your job and your (back, I think) spasms.

Angie, maybe you can write out plant labels? That always takes a lot of time for me.

I like the idea of playing 20 questions.

We could also discuss doing a bulk purchase of Corkscrew Vine seeds from a vendor on Ebay, and dividing up the seeds!! :) I think at least half of us had that on our lists!

o

Hey everyone :)

How's the weather with you all? We have nothing but clear ice pellets outside, almost an inch covering. Should be turning over to snow. 60 miles from us it's snowing crazy. Our big winter weather. Almost a full week of snowing. Usually only happens once. Hope the power lines hold up fine.

I'm guessing 4850 seeds were sent in! Great to see everyone is having fun. :)

I would like to thank for the donations again. Was really nice. With the seeds I'll have, I'll be able to grow and gather seeds from them to share in the next swaps.

-David

o

Well, after using my super secret scientific formula (I'd have to kill you if I told you about it! LOL)...........I'm going to guess 9,939! I really don't have a formula, but it sounded good!

I'm so excited to be taking a vacation day tomorrow. I can't wait to spend an extra day with my seeds and this day just won't go by fast enough!!

The weather here is gloomy. Very foggy out this morning and it rained a little overnight. Should be in the low 60's today though.

By the way, did I mention that some of my swinter sown allysum has sprouted?!?! It's nice to have success, but I'm worried it's a little early. I'm keeping a close eye on them.

I also have pansies and violas that have sprouted under light inside. I'll be happy when I can put them outside, they just need to grow a little more first.

Good idea stage rat! Angie could definitely get a lot of plant labels made out! Too bad I can't bring her to my house. I would have her all set up and cutting my containers. I'd even cook for her and everything! Angie - is PA any closer to GA yet!?!?! LOL

Diana

o

Kilngod I didn't see my guess on your list. Did you forget me?

o

Well, here's a question for chit-chat: How many of you have ever met up with someone from Gardenweb, or another forum? Would you ever think about it?

The Chicago-area Wintersowers got together a couple of years back at a restaurant, and we swapped seeds and plants. It was great! And, Lindalana hosts a plant swap every year. And then there's the secret tomato club, but I can't actually tell you anything about that ;)

I used to belong to a travel forum and we'd even plan trips to meet up at a destination, and meet people for the first time on the trips. Or, we'd meet for coffee if we went traveling to someone's city.

How would you respond to an email about having coffee with another poster on the forum?

o

I ended up marrying someone from a forum LOL. I was a member of a trapping forum, trapperman.com, and every year there is one huge national trapping convention, and I was talking to some of the friends I had made on the forum, and decided I would go. It was in Indiana, I lived in NY. Quite a scary prospect, I was 23, driving 17 hours to go to a convention that would be mainly all men LOL. Well, I got there, and met up with my friend and his wife. We set up camp (tent camping) and there were some people there my friend knew from other conventions in the past. Well one of them was someone from the forum that I had heard of, talked to once or twice, but didnt know too much about. We spent the five days there talking, and after the convention when we went home we continued talking online. This was August. In October, he flew out to visit me. In November, I flew out to visit him. My 4 day trip turned into 2 weeks, and in December I packed everything in the back of my truck and moved out here. We've been married two years now this April. I love him very much, and love my life here.. my flowers, veggies, chickens. And yes, we both still love to go trapping LOL.

Angela

o

Aww what a nice story to tell Angela! I, too met my guy online.. on Yahoo Chat tho! LOL We've been together long distance for 4yrs and living together now almost a year. Of course he HAD to be from another country (Canada..lol) so the Visa stuff has been a total Pain.. but we're gettin' there!

I've never met anyone from here on GW.. tho I know Diana 'Ollierose' is not tooooooo far away from me.. we'll have to meet up one day! There's just not alot of Georgians that I've met on here...

Stagerat ~ if it's someone you've corresponded w/ some.. or at least seen their chitchatting in the forums and you have a good opinion of.. I'd say go for it! :) Do tell.. LOL

Kathy hon.. hang in there!! Just send me all your seeds and I'll plant and grow them and mail them back to ya! hehe

Gotta go bbq up some burgers!

~Wendy

o

My total packet bet is 7979.43 by the law of average, should be right on the button.
Now while we wait can we talk about my poor pumpkin seeds that were so fresh when I sent them, I mean I was still turning them every hour in the sun coming thru my french doors,before bagging them. Anyway, today, to my horror, the Musque de Provence seeds were moldy green!!!!I did not figure tha tthe time from when I packed them and the time we will get our seeds back would be enough to mold them, as I din't want to treat them with chemicals or bleach but maybe I should have!!! Looked on line for answers , someone mentioned rinsing the seeds in hydrogen peroxide before drying them. I panicked and use what was close at hand , put some bleach in water and filled the little baggie with it and slooshed them around until they cleaned up a bit, then i rinsed them further with my fingers, and planted them in a peat pot to see about germination. I don't know what to tell you. It's really sad to loose these, they were beautiful pumpkins, of the brightest orange flesh. If they are really lost then I will have to make sure mine grows and distribute the seeds again thru another swap.I am so sorry about that, thought i was doing the seeds a favor by not using bleach or other chemicals...and look what happened. Chris

o

I haven't been online as much lately, but thought I'd play the # game...I'm guessing 8,910. Yep I did some kinda figuring LOL but we will see if it really worked.
:-)

Angie, I'm so sorry you aren't able to get around yet. Can't you get those kids to fill a bucket and bring you a shower curtain or something and then some bins to help you begin your process. LOL I'd probably drive my kids and hubby nuts trying to get them to help me set up some sorta process to get some winter sowing done. LOL Writing out the markers is a great idea. Do you already have containers cut and with drainage holes? I saved mine from last year and it has saved so much time.

jaleeisa, so sorry to hear about your back and job. That really stinks, but I believe that when God closes one door he opens another. Maybe like someone else mentioned you can get a really cool job at a nice garden center and learn lots more. I hope you are better soon.

I found out at a plant swap in our area that some of the attendies were on the Garden Web...I just hadn't recognized the connection with the real name and GW name. It would be a bit of an adventure to step out and meet people you talked to online.

:-) Pam

o

OK I am going to ask, I hope no one thinks it is rude because that is not my intention.. I just feel like a 5 year old kid.. sitting in front of the christmas tree.. staring at the presents and hearing... it is almost time.. but not yet :)

Please forgive me if u feel that my question is out of place...

Do we have confirmation that they last two packages are on the way?

o

Thanks so all the well wishes and empathy, everyone! LOL, I'm really chomping at the bit! I wanna play with seeds and dirt!!

I met my husband online as well. We met through myspace and emailed back and forth for a while, then went to IMs, then the phone and finally met face to face two years ago this next March 16th. At the end of July that year (2007), my kids and I moved from where we were living , and my insane ex-husband still lives, here to Edmond with Cliff for safety reasons. We were married May 24,2008 :) He is everything I've always dreamed of and more :)

I've met others that I've known on the internet... two of my very best friends are people I met on AOL as a Community Leader 15+ years ago. One I've met face to face and the other I haven't. So I would have no issues with meeting anyone from here :) So, if anyone's planning a trip to the Oklahoma City area, gimme a yell! I've also met three people from the Oklahoma Gardening Forum and greatly enjoyed it!

Kathy

o

Chris ~ don't feel bad hon! It's all experimental when it comes to gardening! lol I hope yours are ok and will grow for you..then whatta tale you'll have to tell when you next try to share them! :)

Connie ~ don't be scared to ask a question! :P I don't know but I'm pretty sure if you scroll up a ways that she said the last 2 were on the way.. I could be wrong tho :)

Angie ~ hope you feel better soon !! It's no fun having to rely on people to help you around all the time, I know! Hugs!

~Wendy

o
RE: UPDATE:response

thanks wendy... can u tell I was afraid. I have a sarcastic sense of humor so I try to be very careful around people until they understand... connie thinks she is funny!!! and the thinks is the key :(

Everyone on this site has been so great, and generous with both their knowledge and seeds that I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

I saw the post that we were waiting on two.. but never saw a post from them that they were on the way. Maybe they emailed Patty directly.

o

Stage Rat,
Are you asking about a male,meeting you for coffee?If that is the case,i would meet in a public place,during the day time,and be sure to let some one know where you will be,and when you will be leaving.
If a garden friend,)lady),i am planning on meeting Connie this coming summer,she lives in Freeport,about 1 hour from me,we may go visit another WSing forum friend at a later time.I think that would be fun.
We received a web camara for Christmas,and just got it up and running yesterday,my first thought was, how many garden buddies have a web cam?Even that would be fun.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here