Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzydaze

NEW: Big one time seed swap

Belinda Sisemore
9 years ago

Big One Time seed swap. Everything from Flowers to veggies.
Dead Line is: March 15-2015
I am hosting a big one time seed swap. Send as many packets of seeds as you like.
The number you send will be the number you get back: (example- you send 25 in you get 25 back)
Be SURE to add proper amount of shipping for returning your seeds. (send either a SASE with proper postage for mailing back your seeds-since you'll be sending the same amount as you get back then postage should run about the same both ways) OR (use the same envelope and just toss in correct amount of stamps & and an address label. I'll be happy to lick and stick'em for you.)
There will be no swapping until all packages are received. (Last time I did a swap the list topped 100 people I�d love to double that number) I will let everyone know when all packages are received.
I do a "want list" and I try to fill at least one (I try to do two) items off this list. (Please remember I am not the seed fairy)
Dates and dead lines: Swap starts NOW and all packages must be in by March 15-2015
I am always ask what amount to send and how to send it, and what amount is a fair trade. SO.....to me a fair trade would be what I'd feel like getting back. I'm not a seed counting person. I use a tea spoon and put some in a bag. If it's a large seed just use good judgment, and please remember we are not all born with a green thumb and sometimes we need enough seeds to try again. (But if you must count let's say....10-25 seeds pre seed package for regular flowers, I'm sure all would agree you'd really have no need for 10-25 bushes or shrubs of the same seed)
Rules (guess we need some, so here goes)
1. Seeds must reach here by dead line March 15-2015
2. Seeds must be in individual packets (make you own, buy some, doesn't matter to me) and size of your bag is up to you.
3. Please try and put at least 10-25 seeds pre packet (bag). (I know sometimes it's hard to squeeze that many big seeds in a small packet, but please try.)
4. Be sure to add your (SASE ) or postage and label for return of your seeds.
5. Be sure your seeds are dry and in a good swapping condition, if you send seeds that get here moldy, crumbly, etc. you'll get those back. DRY YOUR SEEDS DON"T WASTE POSTAGE
6. Send any thing you like, a large assortment or all of one kind, doesn't matter to me. Just remember, if we all send in sunflowers , then we all get back sun flowers.
7. Yes, you can send as many as you like, 100, 200, 10, your choice. I have 200 done up so far. And yes, if you have time you can do a double swap. Just makes for more to please every one with. So....GO FOR IT!
Big One Time Seed Swap
If you want (in) mail seeds to:
Belinda Sisemore
4769 West state HWY 297
Osceola, AR 72370
Email: suzydaze@yahoo.com AKA Suzydaze

Comments (171)

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Big Dipper Farmer thanks for joining, usually these swaps do not turn up alot of named brand seeds. Most seeds that do come through are common named brands, common seeds (un named) It'll pretty much be a what's left when your seeds get here. As so many with much smaller amounts of seeds wanted theirs back ASAP. I do my best with what I get sent in.

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    9 years ago

katjaqu mailed your seeds out today

Diknownana your seeds went out today.

• Diknownana
    9 years ago

Belinda - Thank you SOOO much for having this swap :)! I can't wait for my seeds to get here. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas. And thanks to everyone else for sending in seeds. I hope we all have an overabundance of plants come summertime!

• katjaqu
    9 years ago

Belinda,

Thank you for hosting the swap!

Hope you have a great and bountiful garden year!!

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    9 years ago
    I mailed mine today, too. Thanks so much for hosting!
  • bigdipperfarmer
    9 years ago

Thank you for the welcome suzydaze. I am really not picky... just the seeds turning into a glorious garden that I can feed my family and enjoy spending my time tending to the garden.

Thanks again...I look forward to the swap.

9 years ago
    I just want to clarify that I only want edibles and only sent in edibles. I thought that was how it worked when I signed up. I hope I didn't misunderstand.
  • Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Angelady since you're letting me know before your seeds get here, I'll try and make sure you get veggies.

Everyone---if you tell me before I get your seeds then I'd try and make sure you get veggies, if you don't write down that you want veggies or flowers, I try and send most of what you send in...like if you sent in more veggies, I try and send back more veggies. The veggies are alot of repeats, there was a TON and I do mean a ton of greens sent in...by more than one person. Swiss Chard, parsips, peppers (I think I'm almost out of those) and beans of all kinds.

It's a job just making sure I don't send you back some of your own seeds :0

There was more veggies sent in, quite a few ornamental, like colored corn...colored veggies, that kind of thing.

Erica, who send in 287 packs, wrote that she wanted mostly veggies and I had a really hard time filling that order and....even she got a few flowers. (sorry Erica...did my best)

I did have extra seeds, 2 people so far were kind enough to send in extra seeds and I have been sharing those, everyone gets 5 extra packs, plus that special pack of cow seeds. A big thanks to them for the extra seeds. (Those too are almost out but I will donate the 5 for each person when they do run out)

Again...if you havent mailed seeds yet, let me know...veggies or flowers or mixed

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Belinda -- I didn't think you'd be able to send back all veggies, but I'm very happy that you were able to send back the majority as veggies. Thank you very much for your efforts. I'm still on the lookout for my pack to arrive. I'm hoping tomorrow or the next day. I'll let you know as soon as it gets here.

• bigdipperfarmer
    9 years ago

tracking #: 9114901123086456224462

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    9 years ago

EricaBraun- big fat package too lol Makes me wonder about the one I sent in to Olivia's swap. I did 200 just flowers to her flower swap. Can't wait to see what I get back :) I've done up probably close to 1000 between my seed swap and hers and one more I did. I can't wait to get in my yard and dig

• PRO
    equinoxequinox
    9 years ago

Off to purchase my bubble envelopes.

When I mail should I ask for a tracking number from the post office?

Which type of mailing do I use? Just regular?

Sending: Ornamental Pepper, Small Sugar Pumpkin, Butternut Squash.

The instructions said maximum 15 packets each.

Above it said we can do a double swap.

Does a double swap mean I can do 15 packets each twice of the same type of seed?

Do I use two separately mailed envelopes, one for each swap?

I would like to plant something this year to swap next year.

What seeds should I buy that people will be really happy to get?

I made really cute envelopes, I hope people like them. I had fun.

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    9 years ago

each seeds are in a pack like you buy at the store (most make some or buy plastic ones) and thyen send all in one biug envelope. Hope that helps

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Belinda -- I received my pack of seeds today. I can't wait to go through them. Thanks so much!

• dmagaard
    9 years ago

Sorry it took so long but thank you for the seeds it was a nice package. I still don't like this site....

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    9 years ago

BigDipperFarmer your seeds got here today

• bigdipperfarmer
    9 years ago

Thank you for letting me know

• PRO
    equinoxequinox
    9 years ago

I have more seeds in packets. Does anybody know of any other trades on line? Interested in vegetables and herb type things.

• lola8325 zone5KS
    9 years ago

I mailed my seeds Wed.

My Wish List, below, is included with my seeds.

(OP) Colorful Unique Beans

Dry, Snap, Pole or even Magic Beans :)

(OP) Tomatoes

Mainly Med to Large Tomatoes, any color.

Lola

9 years ago

I'm not going to be picky as long as I get edibles, like I mentioned before I joined. All edibles are a need and want in my garden. If there happens to be some peppers that are not too hot (sweet), but aren't bell peppers, I'd love those. I'm also needing squash (any) and tomato varieties that are good for a short season, or particularly dwarf varieties, since I'm a container gardener at 7,000 feet with a short growing season. If short season isn't available, I'd like any colorful tomatoes to add to my plain ones. If no other seeds can be met, I'm seriously happy with any other edibles other than those I sent in. All mine are commercial 2015 and things I dearly wanted to grow myself. I hope y'all enjoy what I was able to send in. Some were highly desirable from what I saw from a few years ago here when I used to trade actively. I truly don't want flower seeds, so if edibles aren't available, please, just send my own seeds back to me that there wasn't a match for. I know it's hard to host big swaps like this, so I truly appreciate all the time and effort that went into this swap.

• katjaqu
    9 years ago

Belinda,

My seeds arrived yesterday and it was like Christmas!!

Great Job hosting the swap!! Thank you so much for the cow seeds, they are so cute! I put a magnet strip on the back of them and put them on the Refridgerator.

Happy Gardening

Kathy J

Belinda Sisemore thanked katjaqu
  • Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    9 years ago

angelady777 seeds came today

• Diknownana
    9 years ago

Seeds arrived on Friday and my grandson has the packages scattered everywhere :). Thanks Belinda for hosting the swap and thanks everyone for the seeds.

• Diknownana
    9 years ago

dawn1972 - could you please e-mail me at diknow1@aol.com. Thanks!

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    9 years ago

been off a couple days I had to have a wart removed off the bottom of my foot, very painful. Alot of digging and burning and cutting, just healing now. so should be back to myself in a couple days :)

• katjaqu
    9 years ago

Ouch!!!

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    9 years ago

lola8325 got your seeds.

dawn1972 seeds came

equinoxequinox got your seeds too

katjaqu yes big ouch, took the bandage off today and had a look see...OMG I have a square hole in my foot lol, it is feeling better.

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Belinda - Wishing you a speedy recovery!

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Diknownana so sorry would you like me to replace it with something else? Honey suckle (I thought) was more of a vine.

• Diknownana
    9 years ago

Belinda - I'm confused by your question (it doesn't take much to confuse me...lol). Did you mean someone else?

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Diknownana sorry been a long week lol, mis read your post.

this week the dog ran a rabbit off the nest and all but one was big enough to run....Mr Wiggles now being hand fed by a eye dropper is not doing good to day. been on my foot too much, school pta...phone repair guy --will this week ever end lol, and sorted 10 peoples seeds to go out. names later. I've got to get mr wiggley to eat.

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Oh, Belinda I hope your bunny is OK. What are you feeding him in the eyedropper? We have a squirrel we did that with last spring. I just saw him today at dusk, I was very relieved to see him because I hadn't seen him since the very last polar vortex we had. I ran in and got him some striped sunflower seeds and peanuts. He was still munching there when my son came home from work. Mary E.

• Diknownana
    9 years ago

Belinda - sorry to hear about the bunnies. I'm sure you will do a wonderful job taking care of Mr Wiggles. and I feel your pain on this week. It seems like it has been a lllllooooonnnnnggggg week :(. I'm so ready for the weekend!

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mr. Wiggles didn't make it, he passed on during the night last night and we had the funeral this morning.

• bluee19
    9 years ago

I didn't get a chance to participate in this swap but have been reading the threads. Sorry about Mr. Wiggles. I use to have a rabbit and hold bunnies close to heart. I am glad you had a funeral for him so he knew he was loved.

Belinda Sisemore thanked bluee19
  • skyblue52
    9 years ago

Hello Got my seeds . Nice mixture. Thank you for helping to spread out bounty around.

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    9 years ago

dawn1972

angelady777

Clay_Lady

lola8325

BigDipperFarmer

equinoxequinox

all mailed out today, thanks everyone for a very good swap.

• PRO
    equinoxequinox
    9 years ago

An effort over and above due to surgery et. all. I am picturing you having to hobble around the table on an ailing foot filling the swaps. I already want to participate again next year. My family will get a kick out of the cow beans. :-) Thank you! It was great fun! And that was just sending the seeds.

• bigdipperfarmer
    9 years ago

Wow! If it weren't for bad luck....Thanks for letting me know my seeds are on the way. So excited to get things started! Thanks again for all of your work.

• lola8325 zone5KS
    9 years ago

Thank You for the Heads Up!

• bigdipperfarmer
    8 years ago

Whooooooooopeeeeee!!!!!! my seeds arrived, my seeds arrived! Thank you everyone for the swap. I love them.......now to plan where to put them. Next time I will be able to send all kinds. I cannot wait to do this again.

• PRO
    equinoxequinox
    8 years ago

Great Swap! Seeds arrived yesterday. Great Fun! I loved seeing all of the different packaging techniques.

• lola8325 zone5KS
    8 years ago

My seeds arrived yesterday. I enjoyed sorting through all the different seed packages from other gardeners.

Today, I plan to spend some time online reading information about the new-to-me seeds I received.

Thank you for hosting this swap.

8 years ago

I am very pleased with the different varieties! I got my package yesterday and went through it last night. I'm excited to grow some of the new to me varieties. Thanks for getting all this work done despite surgery, etc. I'm sorry you had so much on your plate, Belinda. You hosted a wonderful swap!

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    8 years ago

my foot, and we went to Eureka Springs Tuesday and today and I walked way too much on my foot

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    8 years ago

and came back to tons of daffs blooming

• EricaBraun
    8 years ago

Belinda -- That looks painful. I can't believe you're walking on it.

• PRO
    equinoxequinox
    8 years ago

Truly a treasure like coins of gold spilling forth.

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    8 years ago

EricaBraun Not as much walking as I'd like and I can tell when I have been on it too long. It's still very painful.

equinoxequinox yes and was way too pretty to not walk around and look, foot was killing me but I took my camera and walked around in my yard

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    8 years ago