Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sassyd_gw

NEW: Petal Pushers Valentine Swap 08 - New Thread

sassyd
16 years ago

Welcome to all of you! So glad to have all of you.

I decided to go ahead and post partners and give you a little 'edge' as to preparing your card. Just try to have it mailed in time that your partner will have it for Valentine's Day.

Mariann (gallium) sends to

Anita (nyvoices99) sends to

Shirley (brittneysgran) sends to

Becki (beckilove) sends to

Laurel (laurelin) sends to

Melissa (hazelnutbunny) sends to

Frances (fcoffill) sends to

Beth (beth b kodiak) sends to

Dee (faintheart) sends to

Melinda (ilovefarac) sends to

Annie (raddedyann161420) sends to

the Sassyone! and the Sassyone sends to

Mariann..........

Make it fun girls, no stress, just make it fun. Oh and Mariann, did I tell you that I'm not artistic? lol I'll do the best I can.

Could you all send your partner your address please.

Thanks everyone:)

Sassy

Comments (77)

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Beth please send me your address! EEEEK I am running behind!

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

I too am behind. Was gone on the weekend when I was going to work on it. I should have out by this coming weekend! It will be there by Valentine's Day!
    Have a great evening everyone!

• faintheart
    16 years ago

Me too...Melinda!!! Was thinking about you today when I saw tornadoes were in the state. Glad to see you are okay. I need your mailing address when you have time please? I hope to get your Valentine out on Friday when I have the day off.

Dee

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Yes, they all went south and east of us! Alot of storms but no damage here! Sure feel for the others though! Terrible!
    I send you my addy! Plmk if you don't get it! Thanks, Melinda

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Hello Everyone!

Beth thank you for getting the address to me so quick! I will be putting your Valentine in the mail tomorrow!

I recieved mine yesterday!!!!!

OMG! I really want to be able to describe this well!

it's about 10 x 12 " ir is hearshaped and is covered in pink and white tulle, candy of all sorts and ribbons! (I am not sure if all of the candy is real, but the gumdrops had me fooled (drat!)

Thank you very much Melissa! it is really the cutest (and biggest) Valentine I have ever recieved! Now I know who the 'craftiest' member of this group is!

Frances

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I'm so glad you liked it, Frances! I had fun doing it. (the red hot candies are real, By the way..sorry about the gumdrops! LOL)

Hope everyone has a great Thursday! :O)

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Sorry I've been busy, but needed to come in and let Sassy know that her valentine will be in the mail tomorrow. The confirmation number will be 0307 0020 0000 3240 0605. I'm not very artistic, and this was harder that I thought it would be.

The last round of bad weather missed us, and my thought are with those that went through the tornadoes; so sad.

I'm only home today and tomorrow and on the road again. I wish everyone a happy Valentine's Day.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Wow! I got my card from Shriley today!! Yippee! She made a beautiful red card from craft foam held together with red yarn bows on top. It has beautiful butterfly, heart and rose stickers on the front. Inside are 3 pages - one that says Happy Valentine's Day, one with fun little games on it, and one that tells how to say "I love you" in many languages. Very cool!! Then, she added a couple things from my wishlist - a Jeffifer Rebecca Iris, and seeds from Echinacea Coconut Lime! Thank you so much, Shirley!! You really surprised me! Happy Valentine's Day to you!
    Becki

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    Recived my card from Mariann (gallium) today, Thank you so much:)
    Will be getting Shirley's out by this weekend. Anita

• galium
    16 years ago

Sassy-I mailed your DL seeds out today.

• faintheart
    16 years ago

wheeeeeeee!!! I am feeling bejeweled and bedazzled! I love my valentine, Beth!!! Thank you so much for the pretty valentine...it's cute as can be! Will post a pic in a sec, but I want to thank you for the beautiful scarf, magazine and dark chocolate too! I read the bit about dark chocolate being heart healthy and it's a great excuse to keep indulging. (like I needed a reason!) :) Did you make the scarf? I love it! Thank you again and Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Here is my bedazzling rosy valentine from Beth! (hope the pic is not too dark...was trying to avoid the glare of a flash)
    {{gwi:1241606}}

Dee

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

My Valentine's Day Card is on it's way to Annie! I had fun doing it! Hope you enjoy!
    Hope everyone has a great day!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

My card is on it's way to Laurel. DC# 0103 8555 7492 7819 9847. I hope everyone is having a great day! I am candy making today and the kids are finally back in school! It's a good day! : )
    Becki

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Mariann, I'll be looking for them. Thats so sweet of you.

Beth you did a great job on Dee's card. I don't know what you were worried about, I wish I could say Mariann's looks that good, lol. She'll know what I mean when she sees it.
    I can't believe I sent that thing.

Sassy

• faintheart
    16 years ago

Melinda,

Your valentine is on the way! Hope it finds you with warm weather and sunny skies! :)
    DC# 0304 1560 0007 2131 3103

Dee

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Sassy, your card was put in the mail today as promised with the above delivery confirmation #.

Melinda, DH will pick up the card from the P.O. because after I leave tonight I won't be back home till next Friday. I will post when I get back home.

We are suppose to get another cold blast this week-end and some snow the first part of next week. YUCK! Like everyone else I'm so ready for Spring.

Again, I want to wish everyone a wonderful Valentine's Day.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Sassy - not to worry on the card - I found out I'm not as crafty as I thought I was when it came to cards either! It nothin' too exciting! But at least I made it and got it sent! The card you made looks awesome, Beth! Beautiful!

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Hazelnutbunny,

Your card is on its way, and should be there Tues. or Wed. I forgot to do the DC#, so I hope it arrives okay - I sent its oversized manila mailer as a package, with DO NOT BEND written all over it (and stamped by the P.O. for good measure, lol - we'll see how it arrives).

Happy Valentine's Day a bit early everyone!

Laurel

• galium
    16 years ago

Sassy-I received your Valentine Cards today. I would love to post a picture but considering how you feel about the card I'll wait for an OK from you. I love the card by the way. It's a bouquet of Sunflowers surrounded by hand made insects. The insects have those eyes that move and the bodies are covered in beads. Personally, the card you made me was extremely creative and adorable. Can't imagine why you would think otherwise.

P.S. I put it on my mantel.
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Beci-So glad you liked your card I had fun with it. You can plant your iris indoors and transplant outdoors when the weather permits. Jennifer Rebecca is one of my favorites.

Shirley

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

well I was going to take a photo of the Valentine that hazelnutbunny sent (It really should be shared) :) but my camera battery was dead! so it will have to be tomorrow!

Had my first forsythia bloom today..... a single bel opened on the branch! if that is not a harbinger of spring I don't know what is!

;)

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

got the camera batteries recharged!

See what hazelnutbunny made! she is very clever and crafty (and must have the patience of a saint!) those gumdrops looked good enough to eat! not to mention the chocolates!!!

I never eat candy, but I WAS TEMPTED!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1241586}}

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

*aw shucks*
    Thank you for the compliments, Frances!! :O) I'm glad you enjoyed the Valentine.
    No patience here...I just enjoy sitting for hours doing things like that. :O) I'm weird that way. lol

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Hi Becki!

Thank you for the sweet card, and the goodies inside. I'll post a pic tomorrow, but I wanted to let you know how much your card brightened my day. The seeds you sent are just perfect (Zinnia 'Purity,' impatiens 'Tom Thumb Mix,' and snapdragons 'Tall Deluxe' mix), and I can't wait to sow them. The snaps will go out soon, and the others in late March (winter sowing is great). And, my favorite chocolate was a real treat, and didn't last very long at all, lol. The card itself is very sweet, a sort of botanical brocade pattern on dark rose card stock, with shimmery dragonfly stickers and gold and purple lettering inside and out.

Thank you! Happy Valentine's Day!

Laurel

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

Just popping in to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow! The weather has been nice lately and more and more of my winter sown seeds are coming to life. I can't beleive I didn't know about winter sowing until a little over a year ago. What fun it is!

Jeanne

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Just wanted to thank Dee! I got my wonderful card today! And I LOVE IT ! Very pretty and a wonderful idea. She made pics of her flowers all together on the front and then had glitter on some of the petals. On half of the front of the card was solid paper with a flower on it with 3-D petals and Happy Valentine's Day on it. Inside was a big heart with a Helen Keller saying! You did a great job and I loved it! Also some red cypress vine seeds and wonderful chocolates! Made my day to come home to this! Had a bad one and this was just what I needed!
    Happy Valentine's to everyone!! (A day early, but might forget tomorrow!)And thanks again, Dee!

• galium
    16 years ago

Sassy-Did you receive the DL seeds I sent????

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Frances, I got home and found your adorable Valentine waiting for me. Is the rose picture actually from your garden? It is a beautiful shot.
    The valentine is heart shaped layers of pink tissue paper with a picture of a beautiful dew covered rose attached with white ribbon.
    Even the envelope was pink tissue held shut with a white flower. Inside I found packets of seeds that I am going to get planted ASAP.
    I have nothing in this yard except a couple straggly azaleas left by the previous owner.
    Dee, glad that you enjoyed your valentine. Yes I made the scarf. I tool up knotting as part of my weight control plan. It is almost impossible to eat potatoe chips while knitting LOL
    Sassy, this was a terrific idea. We should do more of this sort of swaps.
    Beth b

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

;) hoorah! it arrived (I was starting to worry)

Yes that photo is taken in my yard. Very special last year, (it was one of the extremely rare times in 2007 that it rained, had to run oustide in it and take photos!

I am glad you enjoyed it! I hope the seeds grow well for you

I agree Sassy, this is my kind of swap! all about the garden and getting to know one another. this was really a lot of fun, Thanks for hosting

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I received my Valentine from Laurel today! Yay! Perfect timing, and my first Valentine!! :O)

It's simply gorgeous- Laurel, did you draw this yourself?? I wish my camera took better close-up pictures, but it's an oldey...:O) Beggars can't be choosers, though, and I"m just glad it works! LOL

{{gwi:1241612}}

Inside, were also 2 packs of seeds- some morning glories & sweet william.
    Thank you So Much, Laurel!! It was very nice to receive something so pretty in the mail today...much better than the usual bills!! :O)
    It also has cheered me up tremendously, since me & the baby have been sick for 2 days straight. UGH!
    But, I'm feeling better already, a little love goes a long way!! LOL

Melissa

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

To everyone! Hope all is well and you all have a great day.

I intend for us to have more swaps on this order so we can all feel we can participate more freely. I want to thank Dee, Melissa & Becki for offering to be our hostess for the next few months, so we're set with that for awhile. They will decide on their own themes but I think we all have the same idea in mind. Just to keep it simple and as inexpensive as possible.

Mariann, I checked day before yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to go yesterday. I'm sure they are probably there by now, I'll run over to the po after McKenzie goes home later today.

• laurelin
    16 years ago

I'm really glad you like the card, Melissa! Being sick and having a sick baby is THE PITS. Yes, I drew it. Normally I do black/white abstracts, but this one just cried out for COLOR. I hope you can use the seeds. I'm going to try to cover my ugly chain link fence with MGs this year, inspired by another lady in my neighborhood who does the same thing, to gorgeous effect.

Sassyd, thank you for suggesting such a fun, inexpensive swap. My play $ budget is smaller this year than it was last year, unfortunately, so I'll only be able to do a few "box" swaps, and I'll have to choose carefully. I would be happy to hostess a card/seed swap later this year, if you need me to.

Laurel

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

I hope all of my Petal Pushing Friends had a great day with their sweethearts! I wanted to give each one of you a Great big Kiss!

Tracy

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mariann, I'm sorry to say....no seeds yet. But don't stress, I know they'll be here. I don't have any concern about that at all.

Annie! I received your beautiful Valentine Card today! We all know how crafty you are:) It was beautiful and I'll have to describe more later (won't be long, just have to get dinner over.......we're so late tonight because of fire calls! Just know....I loved it so much:)

And to say the least, thank you so much!

I'll hurry, I promise! Sassy

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sweetie, I'm so sorry we missed your birthday, I'm such a slacker the last few weeks, just had to have a break, and I'm so sorry! I hope it was great for you! I hate to miss any of you girls b-days....

And for the record, our Melinda has a b-day tommorrow!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO FRANCIS & MELINDA!!!!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry Annie, I'm whipped and Julie has my camera so I'll post a pic tommorrow if you'd like. Just know, I really love it! Just been a long long day, so I'm saying goodnight. Talk tommorrow girls.

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

thanks for the birthday wishes! Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Will be glad when spring gets here!

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday ilovefarac!

Thank you for the B-Day greeting sassy, I am hoping this will be the last one! (the cake is starting to be a fire hazzard)

lol

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday to you also Frances! I know what you mean about the fire hazard with the candles!!

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

ha ha ha! (probably should skip the cake, but definately the candles gotta go!)

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

I'm back home! my travels this week took me to Chicago, and Peoria, and needless to say, I'm so happy to be home to sleep in my own bed.

Melinda, I opened your beautiful valentine, and how unique. It is made of cloth, and so beautiful, I promise to get a picture of it posted later today.(willing the camera co-operates)

Happy belated Birthday to Melinda and Frances!

I've got a car waiting to be unpacked soooo........
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Sassy, I'm glad you liked the card. It was harder than I thought It would be. If you post the picture, it is up to you , but fair warning to all, I'm not artistic at all, afterall the only thing I can draw are stick people, stick flowers, stick animals.....Do you get the idea! (GIGGLES)

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Hi Becki, here's the picture of your card. Sorry it took a couple days - I had to get fresh batteries for the camera. Here it is:

It's lovely!! Thanks again!

Laurel

• galium
    16 years ago

FRANCIS and MELINDA

Nice card Becki!!!! Love the shape.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
    Mariann

• pamperedavonchefof3
    16 years ago

taking in any newbies?
    Jamie

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sure Jamie! We're always open to new members. Jump right in tell us about yourself. We're just finishing up this swap but Dee/Faintheart will be posting a new thread for your March swap so just keep checking the boards. In the mean time we're here. lol

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    Still have a LONG week to wait till it's time to remove the cancer, I have felt like crap & just can't get motivated in any way,

Wanted to stop in & thank Sassy BIG TIME, Shirley, I'm sorry I just could not pull it together to even make a simple card, Sassy thank you so much for sending my Valentine's Day card to Shirley for me, I know you asked not to acknowledge it was from you, but honesty is honesty no matter how you look at it!

Have a great night all..:)Anita

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Anita & Sassy- I got the picture and gardening magazine yesterday. The picture is a hoot and I will treasure it forever. Sat down last night and went through the whole magazine, sure seen alot of ideas I would love to try. It is amazing how gardeners will take almost nothing and create such beautiful yards. Sassy that was so sweet of you to fill in for Anita during this difficult time, thank you so much.

Shirley

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Anita you're very welcome but to clarify I was in no way, shape or form trying to be dishonest, I just didn't feel it necessary to take credit for helping a friend. We're all here for you. Hugs

Shirley, I thought it was a hoot too. Doesn't it look like our group? lol We never tire of looking at gardening magazines, do we.

My sweet little McKenzie will be 1 year old tommorrow, my how time flies. And speaking of birthdays we must throw a party for our Dee/Faintheart. Dee's birthday is the 26th.
    So keep checking in and and wish her a great big happy birthday!

Well girls thanks to all of you for a successful swap. You girls are the best!

Sassy

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Sassy, this was a fun swap. Thanks again for hostessing.
    I enjoy the cat graphic. I'm going to see the musical Cats next week and am so excited about it. I saw it almost 10 years ago and just loved it.
    Anita it's OK, even a good thing to let friends give you a tiny bit of a hand where/when they are able. We are praying for you and the medical team that will be taking care of you.
    Hugs
    Beth