Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
booberry85

NEW: Christy's TotallyTasty Heirloom Tomato Swap!

booberry85
14 years ago

Welcome to Christy's 2nd Totally Tasty Heirloom Tomato Swap! Sign ups will remain open, as long as your seeds can be sent in by February 8th. All seeds to be received by February 8th.

What? I'm not Christy? Yes, I know that! Christy's computer is down. She has a very pokey stand alone that is working so she can receive emails. With other things the computer is painfully slow. So until her new computer gets replaced, I'm helping out!

So welcome to Christy's Incredible Edibles Heirlooms 2nd swap, "Totally Tasty Tomatoes" Swap! All are welcome! Oldies and Newbies!

Of course, this is a swap of tomato seeds only. Please only send tomato seeds that are heirlooms and/or OP's, non-hybrids.

This will be a mass swap, where everyone will send in all their seeds to Christy, then she will sort, and then resend.

Please send your seeds in a BUBBLE MAILER! You do not need to send an extra envelope. We will reuse the envelope that you sent your seeds in, which will save you time and money!

In the envelope, please include:

1. Your seeds of course

2. A label with your address on it for me to put on your envelope

3. Enough postage to get your package back to you.

4. A list of all the seeds you are GIVING. You may also send a list of some of your wants or preference of types of tomato seeds you would like back. THERE ARE NO GARANTEES THAT YOU WILL RECIEVE ALL YOUR REQUESTS! Although, we will work hard to give you what we can. It all depends on what is sent in.

~Instead of swapping whole packets, please send in smaller amounts of 12-15 seeds each packet, so there will be a bigger and better selection of seeds to send out to you all.

Please divide them up into packets of 12-15.

12-15 seeds will count as one trade each! However, some seeds are better than no seeds, so if you have only 4 or 5 seeds of something, you can send them in too.

Also, feel free to add any bulk seed or any seed that would be considered extras to donate to the swap. Just mark which ones are extras to go into the pot.

~ Please send seeds that have an expiration within the years of 2009 or 2010.

~ On your packet labels, please include the following info:

1. Tomato Variety Name

2. Whether they are commercial(company name)or if they were hand collected!!!!!

3. Your GW Name (This will help me not too send you back your own seeds!)

~ We will try to award seeds fairly. The more variety you send, the more variety you will get back. The more interesting your seeds are, the more interesting seeds we will try to get back to you if we can.

Multiple packs of the same variety are ok to send in to a certain extent. If you send us 20 packs of the same one tomato, you might get back some doubles too. We will do our best to not do so. Again, it depends on what is sent in.

~ Seeds need to be received by February 8th.

That should give us all plenty of time to get organized and get the seeds in the mail.

We will send out your seeds by the end of February. If we receive seeds earlier or on time, we may be able to get them out sooner than that.

~If you would like to send in a few extra envelopes/labels to help us in the redistributing process, feel free to do so. This is not important, we seem to be well stocked, but if you do send some in, we promise to send you a little something extra!

This was a really fun swap last year. Lots of people were very happy with the tomato seeds they received. Please come and join in the fun! Any questions, just ask!

Thanks everybody! Lets have some fun!

Becky (for Christy!)

Comments (150)

• sunnyk
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

it is snowing here again. Not the 15+ inches that you other folks are getting ....stay warm.... but seems like we are getting 4-6 inches every week lately.
    But here is a bowl of Summer to keep every body trudging towards Spring. I know I for one cannot wait to have another sun ripened beauty on my plate!

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

OK! finally can update! And yes, it is snowing today also! I just cannot believe it! LOL!

***Booberry85 (Becky)
    ***Bonechickchris (Christy)
    ***Carsons Mimi
    ***Highalttransplant
    Danincv
    ***Slo Garden
    ***Patti 1957
    ***Dirtdiggin
    ***Appaloosa909
    ***Austinhanasmon
    ***Opie12
    ***Sassybutterfly
    Ilovefarac OUT
    ***Poisondartfrog
    ***SunnyK
    Garden Proj Mgr
    ***Strmywthr3
    ***Randar3
    C***lay Lady
    ***Growbox13
    ***TomatoBob
    ***Rane Grow
    ***Cybermeowz
    ***Cherone7
    ***Jmy2213
    Yotetrapper
    ***Lisa831
    ***Purpleacres
    ***kygreg
    ***coolbythecoast
    skyblue52
    ***Kirsti from Canada
    ***Jullianna from Canada
    ***Barb/orcascove
    ***Penny From Canada

Susan B, What is your GW name? SOrry, I forgot and did not see your name in the envelope. Thanks!

skyblue2, danincv, Yotetrapper, and Garden Pr Mgr, please let me know if you sent your seeds out yet and when just so I can keep track. They mail has been held up so much with the snow, so it is ok that it has not gotten here yet, but I just want to make sure you are all still in!

Thanks! Christy

• booberry85
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Christy, I think all the snow has slowed down the mail (despite their motto!) I'm still waiting for a package that was sent out over a week ago for my swap. It's coming from the west coast.

Now to rub it in...I was working near the Canadian border today (Massena, NY) and they have patches of BARE GROUND!!! Not only that, it was sunny! I came home to snow though. Nothing crazy - about an inch or so.

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

Iknow Becky! They have been complaining about the weather at the Olympics. Too bad I can't send snow their way! I do love snow, so I am not complaining! Although everyone else in NJ is. LOL!
    Christy

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Hi Christy! Just wanted to let you know that even though I sent in a wishlist, I've received a couple of trades since then, and looked through a few seed catalogs recently, so you may want to check my trade page, if you have time. It is up to date. If not, no big deal. I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever I receive : )

We really haven't gotten that much snow this year, mostly just small ones, like an inch or less (except for that foot of snow at the beginning of Dec.), but it's stayed cold enough where we've kept several inches on the ground for 10 weeks now. When I lived on the other side of the state, we would get a lot of 8" - 12" snows, but they would melt off after a few days. What a difference a couple hundred miles can make!

Bonnie

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

Ok, I figured out Skyblue is Susan, so your seeds are here!

I was hoping the others missing would post here so I knew they were still in the swap. But now I guess I am going to have to email them all.

I know that the mail is really messed up here, but I do not want the swap held up any longer than it already has with these storms. So for the few of you who I have not received from yet, PLEASE Let me know if you are still in and if I should watch the mail for your seeds!

Hey Bonnie!YEs, I will check your trade page when I do your envie. Actually, the main reason why it takes me a while to finish the swap is because I actually take the time to view everyone's trade page when I do their envelope. So it may take a little longer, but the outcome is better for you all!
    Christy

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Yeah...the Olympics are just North of us...they are having to CREATE snow....how the heck does our season manage to know where the Olympics are, just to mess around with it? We have bare...thawed ground. Bulbs are springing up...daffodils are blooming and we still have nearly two months before our big Daffodil Parade. Tulips are blooming and new growth is everywhere.

You guys on the East Coast are in the unseasonably cold weather and we have unseasonably warm....it's CRAZY!!!!!!

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

Ok, yotetrapper and gdn pro mangr are out. I have not heard from Dan, but I am pretty sure he is participating. We were emailing back and forth for a while there, so maybe he is just having some contact problems. Anyway, so I will still look out for his seeds.

However, since that is only one person to wait for, I am going to get on to starting to sort and fill envelopes. I do not want to hold up the swap any longer.

I will be sending out in "batches" like last year, in order of who sent their seeds in first and so forth. It seemed to work out well that way last year instead of holding them ALL until I was done. This way, everyone does not have to wait until the last envelope is filled.

I will try to get the first batch worked on this weekend. There are so many seeds! LOL!

I guess I will start a new thread, Sending and Receiving where I will post when and who I send out to, and hopefully you all can post when you get them so I know you got your seeds ok. PLEASE do that for me! I spend so much time doing your envelopes, the only think I ask for in return is a confirmation that you did receive them!

Thank yoU!
    Christy

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

Hey everyone!

you are not going to believe me, but I have another horrible snow storm coming in again! Insane! They are calling for really heavy, wet snow and predicting power outages. Lets hope that does not happen.

I have Opie12/Mellisa's Envie DONE!
    I am working on Slo GArdens now.

Randar, if you do not mind, I have a tomato you really want on its way to me. So would you mind if I hold your envie until it gets here.

Hopefully will be able to do some serious envelope working tomorrow during the storm.

AS you guys remember from last time, this is not your typical fast in and out swap only because I spend lots of time on each of your envies, with trade pages, and if I cannot find your requests in the seeds sent in, I go to my own personal collection and pull out one by one any tomato I can find on your wishlist. SO just please remember that. I really do try to find wants for EVERYONE! So thank you for being patient with me! I just do not want you to think I am goofing off. It is actually the opposite. All I see are tomato seeds all day long! My poor husband does not see me much during this swap! LOL!

Anyway, I think I will just continue this thread until it fills up and then start a new one this way I have all the right info in one spot!

Thanks guys! Christy

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

Hang tight in this newest of storms...we are supposed to get sleet and rain....turning to sleet and snow. I don't mind the snow...or the rain. It is the sleet that I hate. We got lucky yesterday, and only the northwest and northernmost part of the state got hit with maybe a foot or so of snow, while we here on the coast got mostly rain.I don't know if we will be so lucky tomorrow.

• purpleacres
    14 years ago

howdee

any word on when this swap will be shipped out?

Acres

• booberry85
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Haven't heard from Christy. I hope she's ok. Our area had power outages because of that storm, but we didn't lose power. We just finished shovelling the driveway and got my car unstuck today.

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

HI Guys!

Well, we made it through yet another blizzard! This one was the weirdest. THey were actually calling it a Snow Hurricane because it was a storm just like a hurricane!
    We had some problems. I heard 4 transformers blow up that night. We had some small trees fall down on the one side of the house. A crazy night.

As for the swap, I had said about 3 posts ago that I was sending envies in batches just like last year. The swap was held up for a few weeks longer than the cut off date because of the several blizzards we had, and I had no mail for several days and many delays. I only recieved the last batch of envies about a week and a half ago. It has been very crazy here indeed.

I am trying to work as fast as I can now. However, I do take extra time with each person's envie as I said the last post to make sure everyone gets things they want, even if those tomatoes did not show up in the swap, I go on a hunt for them. Like last year, I know I am a little slower in sending out than other swaps, but it is only because I spend individual time on every envie, and looks at everyones trade pages while doing their envies. So it does take a longer, but it does make for better tomatoes for all of you.

As I said, i will be sending in batches in order of the envies I received first. This is the list in order that the seeds will be sent. If you do not see your name, that means you were part of the last batch of envies received, and are at the bottom. I just cut and pasted what I had in order so far.

Mellisa/Opie12 DONE
    Deb/austinhannasmom Talked to, waiting for seeds to send
    Randar08 talked to, agreed to wait for seeds I am getting
    Megan/slo garden DONE
    Bob/tomatobob Working on NOW

Patti/patti1957 Working on NOW
    Becky/booberry
    Alana/poisondartfrog
    Donna/Sunnyk
    Andrea/Appaloosa09
    Barb/strmywthr3
    Lisa/Lisa831
    Scott/growbox13
    Lynn/carsonsmimi
    Tracy/purpleacres
    Kirsti/thehills, Canada
    Cheryl/cherone7
    Bonnie/highalttransplant
    Gary/coolbythecoast
    GAry/kygreg
    Iris /rane-grow
    Wendy/Sassybutterfly
    Julianna from Canada
    Penny/cybermeow
    Orcas cove
    skyblue
    claylady
    jmy2213
    Penny from Canada

Mellisa and Megan, your envies will be in the mail (and anyone elses Ican get done tonight). I could not get them out before the storm. There was no way to get to the PO in all of that snow.

I will keep updating the list as I get envies done

PAtti, I know we were chatting though email about a couple tomatoes you wanted, of course I cannot find it now. Can you send me a quick reminder email of what they were? I am pretty sure I know what they are, but just want to make sure.
    Thanks! Christy

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

Ok, latest update. If you are marked as DONE, you were sent out today, or will be sent out tomorrow ( alana and andrea)
    People I am working on now, I hope to have envies possibally done tonight or tomorrow.

Mellisa/Opie12 DONE
    Megan/slo garden DONE
    Bob/tomatobob DONE
    Patti/patti1957 Talked to,agreed to wait until seeds come
    Becky/booberry WORKING ON NOW
    Alana/poisondartfrog DONE
    Donna/Sunnyk Agreed, Waiting for wishlist seeds to arrive
    Andrea/Appaloosa09 DONE
    Barb/strmywthr3 WORKING ON NOW
    Lisa/Lisa831 WORKING ON NOW

Scott/growbox13
    Lynn/carsonsmimi
    Tracy/purpleacres
    Kirsti/thehills, Canada
    Cheryl/cherone7
    Bonnie/highalttransplant
    Gary/coolbythecoast
    GAry/kygreg
    Iris /rane-grow
    Wendy/Sassybutterfly
    Julianna from Canada
    Penny/cybermeow
    Orcas cove
    skyblue
    claylady
    jmy2213
    Penny from Canada

• carsons_mimi
    14 years ago

I'm airing out my pup tent to setup beside the mailbox! lol

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

???

Was I a bad dirtdigger? Don't see me on any of the latest lists :(

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

YEs! You have been bad! LOL! You sent in varieties that were too good! Only Beefsteak for you!(wink wink! )
    Sorry Toni! I must have missed your name cutting and pasting! :)Not intentional!

Actually, I have something else for you Toni, you know what I mean, coming to you! I am going to the PO in the AM with your box and the next batch of envies I get done here! finally!

Ok, here is the update. I will try to do some tonight and update tomorrow. I am working on 2 right now. Will try to get maybe another one to 2 done along with them tonight.

Dirtdiggin/ You are somewhere in here, I am always working on you! LOL! Waiting for some tomato varieties to come in the mail for you

Mellisa/Opie12 DONE
    Megan/slo garden DONE
    Bob/tomatobob DONE
    Andrea/Appaloosa09 DONE
    Barb/strmywthr3 DONE
    Lisa/Lisa831 DONE
    Scott/growbox13 WORKING ON TODAY
    Lynn/carsonsmimi WORKING ON TODAY

Tracy/purpleacres
    Kirsti/thehills, Canada
    Cheryl/cherone7
    Bonnie/highalttransplant
    Gary/coolbythecoast
    GAry/kygreg
    Iris /rane-grow
    Wendy/Sassybutterfly
    Julianna from Canada
    Penny/cybermeow
    Orcas cove
    skyblue
    claylady
    jmy2213
    Penny from Canada

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

Update

Dirtdiggin/ You are somewhere in here, I am always working on you! LOL! Waiting for some tomato varieties to come in the mail for you

Mellisa/Opie12 DONE
    Megan/slo garden DONE
    Bob/tomatobob DONE
    Andrea/Appaloosa09 DONE
    Barb/strmywthr3 DONE
    Lisa/Lisa831 DONE
    Scott/growbox13 DONE
    Lynn/carsonsmimi DONE
    Tracy/purpleacres WORKING ON
    Kirsti/thehills, Canada WORKING ON
    Cheryl/cherone7 WORKING ON
    Bonnie/highalttransplant ALMOST BONNIE!

Gary/coolbythecoast
    GAry/kygreg
    Iris /rane-grow
    Wendy/Sassybutterfly
    Julianna from Canada
    Penny/cybermeow
    Orcas cove
    skyblue
    claylady
    jmy2213
    Penny from Canada

• Orcascove
    14 years ago

Just dropped by to check on the progress.. I'm Glad to see you made it through the storm Christy!! Looks like you have been a very busy lady. I hope everyone out there is doing well. Be safe and remember Spring is on it's way!!

Orcascove (Barb)

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    14 years ago

the...anticipation ...is...killing...me...

• appaloosa909
    14 years ago

I received my envelope! Thanks for a great swap.

Can anyone tell me if the Ramapo I received is the Hybrid (F1) or the OP version?

Thanks!
    Andrea

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

Any that I marked done just now will go out in Monday's mail, plus any others I get done by tomorrow night.

Kygreg,your member page does not allow emails. Can you email me please?

Andrea, I sent you an email :)

Mellisa/Opie12 DONE
    Randar08 Seeds Will be here Monday! Then you envie will be done!
    Megan/slo garden DONE
    Bob/tomatobob DONE
    Becky/booberry WORKING ON NOW STILL!
    Andrea/Appaloosa09 DONE
    Barb/strmywthr3 DONE
    Lisa/Lisa831 DONE
    Scott/growbox13 DONE
    Lynn/carsonsmimi DONE
    Tracy/purpleacres DONE
    Kirsti/thehills, Canada Will be done for Monday's Mail!
    Cheryl/cherone7 DONE
    Bonnie/highalttransplant DONE
    Gary/coolbythecoast Working ON
    GAry/kygreg Woring ON
    Iris /rane-grow Working ON

Wendy/Sassybutterfly
    Julianna from Canada
    Penny/cybermeow
    Orcas cove
    skyblue
    claylady
    jmy2213
    Penny from Canada

• opie12
    14 years ago

I saw my mail lady come by, and saw that a brown envelope was put into my mailbox, then I had to RUN and get it!!!! I was probably a funny sight! LOL!!!

All I can say is, WOW, Christy, you did such an AMAZING job! I so appreciate the thought and consideration of my wishes! You are awesome!!! I got such wonderful seeds, and tonight, I get to start them, YAY!!!

• lisa831
    14 years ago

Christy
    I received my envelope! Thanks for a Great Swap and Thanks to all the people who send in seeds,my daughter order me the Riesetomate to try.

Lisa

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

You are all welcome!

Again, I do spent a lot of time on each envelope, making each one as unique as possible, much more than the average swap. The only thing I ask in return is to please post that you received your seeds, whether happy or unhappy.

I was slowed down a bit because my little one has been sick. But here is the updated list. Anything just marked as Done actually went out yesterday (Monday), I just did not have time to post it yesterday with everything going on.

People that are at the top of the list, waiting for me to receive some seeds for them to put in their envies.... just to let you know, they should be here soon!

Randar and Patti, the seeds we were waiting for, I just found them in my mailbox an hour ago, so I will be finishing up your envies tomorrow, or even tonight if I can.
    Dirtdiggin/ Always working on yours :)
    Mellisa/Opie12 DONE
    Randar08 Should be DONE by tomorrow(wed)
    Megan/slo garden DONE
    Bob/tomatobob DONE
    Patti/patti1957 Should be DONE tomorrow(wed)
    Becky/booberry WORKING ON NOW STILL!Did not forget!
    Andrea/Appaloosa09 DONE
    Barb/strmywthr3 DONE
    Lisa/Lisa831 DONE
    Scott/growbox13 DONE
    Lynn/carsonsmimi DONE
    Tracy/purpleacres DONE
    Kirsti/thehills, DONE
    Cheryl/cherone7 DONE
    GAry/kygreg Working ON
    Iris /rane-grow DONE
    Wendy/Sassybutterfly Working On
    Julianna from Canada Working On

Penny/cybermeow
    Orcas cove
    skyblue
    claylady
    jmy2213
    Penny from Canada

• slo_garden
    14 years ago

I posted a couple of days ago that I received my envelope but my post disappeared. Very weird. Again, thank you so much, Christy! I got a lot of cool stuff including some things on my wish list.

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Got mine! Great job Christy!
    Alana

• cherone7
    14 years ago

OMG Christy! I thought I had all my swaps in.... what a WONDERFUL surprise!

Thank you extra much for making sure I had some compacts that I know I can container garden. That will make a BIG difference Sunday when I (FINALLY) get to let the kids pick stuff to plant. (My pastor's letting me take over Sunday School this week! My niece doesn't even know yet! hee hee)

I was thinking I would only be able to offer some herbs and a sugar baby melon, but now..... I KNOW I got some mater lovers at that church too!!

Thanks again!
    CC

• carsons_mimi
    14 years ago

Christy,

I received my seeds today. Thanks for all your hard work making each return package "special" for the recipient. I know that took a lot of time and I appreciate it.

Lynn

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    14 years ago

Christy , I received my seeds today !!! Thank you so much for such awesome seeds, many from my wish list too !! I already planted some to go under my grow lights in the garage ;-) woo hoo ! I am going to have the best tomato patch in Maryland thanks to you and everyone who shared their seeds in this swap , I thank you all so very much ! Hope your gardens grow wonderfully ;-)

~Iris

• growbox13
    14 years ago

Christy, I received my seeds last night. Thank you for all of your hard work. Happy gardening!!!

Scott

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Christy, my seeds arrived yesterday. We had company over last night, so I didn't get a chance to post until now.

WOW! Not only did you send me quite a few off my wishlist, and way more back than I sent in, but you sent several that I have never even heard of, which I didn't think was possible, LOL, and I can't wait to look them up!

Great job! You are awesome!!!

Bonnie

• booberry85
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Christy,

I saw New Jersey was getting hit again! This time with rain. Hope you're staying high and dry & still have power.

(GLUB) ... (BLUB BUBBL BLLURB!!!!!) ... (BLURBLRBRLRBRLBRLBRL) ... (Christy underwater)

• cybermeowz
    14 years ago

Christy,

How goes the tomato seed sorting??? Have the rest of the packages at the end of the list been mailed out?? I haven't seen an update for a while and I'm just wondering if everything is alright. I'm dreaming of ripe-ripened tomatoes already!

Penny
    aka cybermeowz

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Just a quick note....Poor Christy is in yet another storm. Monsoons have stricken Jersey....Poor girl has lagoons around her!

I'm sure she will be back up and running again soon...but electric and internet have been spiratic....what a horrific winter for so many of you. I almost bless the rains we receive...I did say almost ;) Afterall, we are the EVERGREEN state...and there's a reason we are EVER GREEN..UGGGHHHH....

Christy...we're pulling for you...no more chest wading to get home!!!! That's blasted dangerous!!!!

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

Yeah ...it was one heck of a wild weekend this weekend. power lines down all around us. Tree limbs flying everywhere. I haven't seen the sun in a week it seems. My friends car got its roof crushed under a tree.What a weekend Whew!

I am sure Christy will go paddling by my window any minute now.LOL!!
    And at least the flood alarms for the Housatonic River stopped going off yesterday....that was a plus, it was driving one of my dogs wacky !

Let us now how you are Christy !!

Donna

• booberry85
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Christy, I hope you know I was joking in my last post. Hope you & your family are ok. Stay safe.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

oh I'm sure she knows booberry! :) Christy I hope all is well with you and yours. What crazy crazy weather already all around us this year... makes me wonder what Summer is going to be like!

Happy St. Paddy's Day everyone!

Hugs,
    Wendy / sassyb.

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!

OMG! I cannot take anymore weather!

Yes, Becky, I did know you were joking, but it did really happen!

I was at my parents house overnight so she could babysit while I had my gigs to play. They live on salt water lagoons. The lagoons flooded, and actually rose over to the roads and connected together between the houses. Those streets are dead ends. There was no way to get out. I tried to get through with boots, in 3 foot waters. Then I fell into a ditch almost up to my belly in water.

There was no way to get out of my parents house. So I was stuck there for several days. I was a little freaked out, but ok now.

The power was out, along with everything else.

I am home finally. But please work with me these next couple of days to get back into the swing of things with the swap. ALthough I have been making the swap my first priority this whole time, sometimes emergency things happen and family comes first. So please understand. I know I take some time to do this swap, but in no way was it inteneded to be this long. The weather here has really been extreme and record breaking. Between the mail hold up in the snow storms and now this flooding issues and being stuck somewhere for days, it is just insane. All I can do is apologize. But sometimes things become out of everyone's control.

Good thing is, we can all be happy that non of the tomato seeds got flooded out! My house is on a lake, and on a hill, so we were lucky enough to not have the waterline anywhere near the house here. too bad I was not stuck here instead of my parents!

I will try to get organized here in the next day or so and get the rest of these done really soon.

Thank you for worrying about me! It was pretty scary for a while!

BTW, Becky , I tried to email you during this on the weekend, not sure if it went through because it was during the storm when everything was in and out. It looks like Toni got her email so that is good someone got it!
    Christy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

I'm glad you're doing ok Christy!

Hugs,
    Wendy / sassyb.

• booberry85
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Christy, glad to hear you're ok. What an ordeal though! I had no idea of the severity of the flooding when I first posted. Then I saw the news. I didn't get your email. Glad Toni did.

I've been computer-less since yesterday morning, but am back up and running now.

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

Hi guys!

Still dealing with a few computer problems. I have to keep running downstairs to shut the power on and off to reset and try to get back online again. So frustrating.

I will try to put a dent into the seeds this weekend. I will post Sunday night or Monday morning what will go out for Monday. Here is just a review to get back on track.

Mellisa/Opie12 DONE
    Randar08 Will be the first to go out!
    Megan/slo garden DONE
    Bob/tomatobob DONE
    Patti/patti1957 Will be going out this weekend too!
    Becky/booberry WORKING ON NOW STILL!I think I got the seeds I was waiting for for your envie finally
    Donna/Sunnyk Of course, the Midnight in M tomato where the only ones missing from the order :( But they will be sending them asap. Should be here soon! I do not know why they are so hard to get a hold of!
    Andrea/Appaloosa09 DONE
    Barb/strmywthr3 DONE
    Lisa/Lisa831 DONE
    Scott/growbox13 DONE
    Lynn/carsonsmimi DONE
    Tracy/purpleacres DONE
    Kirsti/thehills, Done I think
    Cheryl/cherone7 DONE
    GAry/kygreg Waiting for Maria A. tomato to come
    Iris /rane-grow Was working on today, almost done
    Wendy/Sassybutterfly Will be working on
    Julianna from Canada Will be working on
    Penny/cybermeow Will be working on

I may get to some of you guys below by the weekend also!
    Orcas cove
    skyblue
    claylady
    jmy2213
    Penny from Canada

THanks for hanging in during all of these crazy things going on! It is 70 degrees out today. Such a change from the weekend. There is still minor flooding, but atleast that water leaves the streets during low tide. So only stuck part of the day! LOL! Still having connection problems with tv and internet though. Lots of cleaning up still to do. So many trees fell down all over. After all the heavy snows and then this storm, poor things could not handle it.
    Christy

PS, I just realized after reading this that I cut and pasted again without you dirtdiggin! LOL! You are still with us! You are not a bad dirt digger!

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

Wow...you are almost done, and BOY o Boy this has been a huge undertaking for you...and I know how special you make these swaps for all of us!! Thank you again for being so good to us :)
    I am so sorry that MIM has been such a tough 'mater to get a hold of. I have only heard it described myself and could never locate it (which may be why I wanted it so much LOL)...I hope that there are enough in the pack that you can keep a few for yourself, I only need 5 or 6 seeds :)

Thank You for being so fantastic!!
    Donna

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

the bad dirt digger understands how she got cut out and not pasted lol...

hehe isn't that the way things go?

We're all just glad you're okay and things are calming down for you. I couldn't imagine the extremes that you have suffered over this past season...just keep in mind...Sping is here tomorrow...I know it will still be a bit crazy for a while, but it's a little ray of sunshine anyway.

I recall my GGM talking to me about the old Winters in MN...when the snows would come and actually be up to the tops of the roof. I couldn't even imagine such storms. I thought drifts up to the eaves was bad...but that's crazy! It took snow shoes just to go from building to building....and hopefully their weight didn't cause them to fall through the 8-10 foot snowpack.

Could you imagine being LITERALLY snowed in? I think several of you have nearly experienced that this season.

Just glad all are well and still with us.

Take care everyone....seeds are wonderful but our safety is much more important. We can always get more seeds...but where do we get another you? There just aren't anymore of them...so be safe and take care.

• bonechickchris
    14 years ago

Ok, got a bunch done this weekend. US people will go out in the mail today. Canada people, I have to go to the PO for yours today or latest tomorrow ( and including Dirtdiggins box! :)

Mellisa/Opie12 DONE
    Dirtdiggin working on
    Randar08 DONE
    Megan/slo garden DONE
    Bob/tomatobob DONE
    Patti/patti1957 DONE
    Becky/booberry DONE
    Donna/Sunnyk Of course, the Midnight in M tomato where the only ones missing from the order :( But they will be sending them asap. Should be here soon! I do not know why they are so hard to get a hold of!
    Andrea/Appaloosa09 DONE
    Barb/strmywthr3 DONE
    Lisa/Lisa831 DONE
    Scott/growbox13 DONE
    Lynn/carsonsmimi DONE
    Tracy/purpleacres DONE
    Kirsti/thehills, DONE
    Cheryl/cherone7 DONE
    GAry/kygreg Waiting for Maria A. tomato to come
    Iris /rane-grow DONE
    Wendy/Sassybutterfly DONE
    Julianna from Canada DONE
    Penny/cybermeow DONE
    Orcas cove DONE

Will be working on all of you today and tomorrow!
    skyblue
    claylady
    jmy2213
    Penny from Canada

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Woohoo I've redeemed myself lol. I'm back on the list ;)

YAY...I get to start planting more maters!!! Have to say...been planting them for over a month...and have been transplanting them for a while now. Thank GOD...they are coming in stages lol. I couldn't imagine doing them all at once. LOL...geeze what we do to have a variety of maters .... well I have an obsession of having every unique and interesting variety I can. I'm really not a mater addict...honest! Nope not me...I just want to try them and see which ones I like and don't (haven't found many I don't like, so the list keeps growing (o= )

Am I the only one who joins every mater swap? LOL...well I already know I'm not the only addict out there ;) BUT...I won't mention names ;o)

Thank you to everyone who has sent in so many different varieties....and special packages...and to that WONDERFUL hostess who goes above and beyond to ensure we all have a little (or a lot) something special in our packages. I know it's not here yet, but I know my package will be amazing when it arrives.

Thank you in advance :)

Toni

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Toni I definitely share the tomato addiction. In fact I pulled all my tomato seed packs out and well.. I just wish I had a heck of a lot more yard to plant them in! It's SOO hard trying to narrow down what to plant! ugh! And now I know I have more coming.. oh goodness.. what to do. LOL

Thanks Christy! I'll keep an eye out for that package! I can't wait! lol

Hugs,
    Wendy / sassyb.

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

I hear ya Wendy! Looks like we'll be moving to a larger house AND yard shortly, so I'll have plenty of room...just need to get working on it UGGHHH and until we get approval, it's playing the waiting game.

I wanted to share this....I've shared privately with some, but I wintered over some tomato cuttings from last season. The three that I rooted up and planted in Pop Bottle Greenhouses....outgrew the bottles and I had to keep extending them with mid sections of pop bottles lol. I've just recently transplanted my 32-38" plants in 5 gal buckets. They already have blossoms and are beautiful plants. This is a great way to keep hybrids going year after year, without having to buy the seeds over and over again. Not to mention, getting a head start on your heirloom tomato patch for the following year. I'd be happy to share info with anyone and if you'd like to see a pic of my Cherokee Chocolate....I'd be happy to take pics and share too.

Though I used a greenhouse, it can be done in your home. I may actually only plant new tomato varieties from seed next season, if this keeps working so well. I'll always save seed and share those, but why plant 300 varieties of seeds if you don't have to WOOOHOO!!! LOL. The other side of that is, you can take side branches and make additional plants without having to plant 20 seeds to get 5 healthy starts.

I also over wintered a few pepper plants...clipped them back, dug them up and took them indoors....THEY ARE GOING CRAZY!!! I'm going to try cloning them shortly, with a home made cloning chamber...it's hydroponics, but it is awesome!

• booberry85
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yeah! I'm very happy they're in the mail! Sorry I haven't been around much. Work has been crazy and will probably stay that way for the next month or so. Then it will hopefully go back down to being busy.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Toni ~ that is amazing!! Do you ever actually get really cold weather where you are? I would love to overwinter things but this house has really poor natural light and we are filled to the brim with people and things lol. That is very very cool tho.. I'd love to see a pic! Have you seen Token's propagation chamber? He has alot of info on his blog. I can send you a link if you're interested. I am hoping to build one myself this season.

~Wendy