Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purpleacres

NEW: Acres Edible Swap # 11

purpleacres
12 years ago

Howdee,

Another year really? Wow seems like just yesterday I was canning the last of the tomatoes and here we are with Christmas and New Year over.. Hmm what to do what to do? I could look through that mountain of seeds catalogs again. Isn�t there something I should be doing? Hhhmmm THAT it! IT�S SWAP TIME!!

This will be the 11th year of this swap. Last year we had 38 people involved. Thats 38 people sending in seeds and most all of them sent in 50 packs of seed that with all the freebies its close too 2000 seed packs. it�s a lot of work but I actually look forward to hosting this swap each year.

A few weeks ago I had a hysterectomy so I am going to keep this swap mellow. Doctor said light duty due to issues I have been having so I have plenty of time to sort seeds.

NOW THE RULES

All seeds must produce edibles. (standard veggies, herbs and fruits found in a standard edible garden). If you are unsure if its edible please ask.

All seeds must be clearly marked and packed correctly.

All seed packages should contain enough seed to try out that particular edible. (If you send in packs with 5 seeds in them you will received packs back with 5 seeds in then. I MAKE THIS SWAP FAIR or try hard too!!!

You will receive at least the amount of packages you send in most likely more.. actually you definitively more.

You must attach the correct amount of postage to the self addressed stamped bubble mailer or address labels and stamps to get the mailer back to you.

You must send your full name on the mailer , mailing address, garden web name and email address on a enclosed note. This helps me a lot. I like knowing who sent me stuff.

One person must not send in more than 3 copies of one certain seed.

One person must not send in more than 50 seed packages. Extras will be used as freebies.

all mailers are due at my house by January 31th. Packages will be filled in order of arrival.

There is NO cut off day to join this swap. If you can get me your mailer by the 31th your good :)

All mailers will leave my house headed back to you by February 13th.

PLEASE NOTE! I am not requiring lists this year. No seed wish list no seed sent list. it�s a swap and need to be fun.. Lists are not too much fun. Helpful but not much fun. If you want to send list its totally ok with me but not required.

Sorry for all the rules it just makes a better swap. A better swap is a fun swap. So lets have fun.

Acres

Please post here if interested and make sure I have your email address so I can email you my postal address.

Comments (54)

• lorilynngardens
    12 years ago

I would like to join the swap. This is my first year swapping on garden web, but I have belonged to other swaps.

One of my gardening goals is growing more veggies, especially pretty ones that can squeeze into the flowerbeds.

For other swaps, I included at least a dozen seeds of each variety, more if they are tiny seeds or if I had lots. Is that what people are doing here? I don't want people to be disappointed with my seeds.

I hope that you are feeling better soon.

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    12 years ago

6 people already woo hoo counting sorelina from Canada :)

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lorilynngarden

I need you to email me I cant email through the site.

• Margie Crawford
    12 years ago

I'd like to join. Thanks! Margie

• elliesfun
    12 years ago

Please sign me up again this year.
    Thanks for all the hard work.

Ellie

• SubruralGirl
    12 years ago

Hi! Great swap. Please count me in!

• jshipway
    12 years ago

Count me in

Jennifer

• gjcore
    12 years ago

I would like to join.

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That makes 13 people already. I have emailed every one that I can email :)

Lorilynnegarden5 and SubruralGirl I cant email through the site so I you need to email purpleacres17@aol.com

• clay_lady
    12 years ago

I'd like to join the swap. clay_lady

• texaspinkpixie
    12 years ago

I would like to join too!

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    12 years ago

:)

With texaspinkpixie that makes 14 people not counting my self.

I have tried to email Subrualgirl and lorilynngarden5. Please contact me if you have not got info. I have been know to make mistakes :)

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Acres,
    To help me decide if I will join in could you explain this rule?
    Packages will be filled in order of arrival.

Does it mean those that send their seeds in early receive seeds back earlier?

Corrine

• dem_pa
    12 years ago

Mailed my seeds today.

Don

• lisa831
    12 years ago

Would like to join again this year.Had fun last year. Lisa

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That makes 15 and Corrine I emailed you

• booberry85
    12 years ago

Seeds went out today.

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    12 years ago

we have 16 people in the swap and I have received a mailer farmergirl2009, booberry85 and Dem_pa

• ricjo22
    12 years ago

Hi I would like to join in . I will e- mail you Thanks Ric

Here is a link that might be useful: ricjo22's exchange list

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Awesome to have you in the swap Ric :) Thats 17 people Wooo hoooo!!!

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Still enough time to sign up if any one is interested. :)

• gardenunusual2
    12 years ago

Okay, my arm is twisted. Count me in.

Gardenunusual

• habitat_gardener
    12 years ago

Another arm twisted! As long as I can get my seeds ready in time, that is.

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Howdee

Ten more days to get the mailers to me :) With garden-unusual and habitat we now have 20 people. I always allow a couple day leeway with the seed mailer deadline. :)

Acres

• pawneepapa
    12 years ago

I mailed my package yesterday.

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    12 years ago

Hi Purpleacres,

Hope you are recovering well!

I would love to join in ;-) I have seeds almost ready to mail out, I will send them by Wednesday morning. Love this swap !

Iris

• steve22802
    12 years ago

I would like to join if it's not too late. I can send my seeds out in the next day or two.

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That makes 22 people :)

• Margie Crawford
    12 years ago

Sent my seeds today. Margie

• steve22802
    12 years ago

OK, I just dropped my seeds off at the post office this morning too. They are on the way!

- Steve

• heirloomlover
    12 years ago

I'd like in on the round robin.

• habitat_gardener
    12 years ago

Sent my seeds off Tuesday afternoon!

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi there

Stupid jury duty has consumed my time. So sorry!!!

We have 23 people signed up

I have received mailers from

Farmergil2009

Local friend Jillybean

Booberry85

dem_pa

Sorellina

Gjcore

Texaspinkie

Ray_151

Ricjo22

Lisa831

Ward (unknown gardenweb name)

Gardenunusual

Onedaylily

Habitatgardener

There are still a few days to get your seeds to me and I will wait if I know you have sent your mailer :)

Acres

• pawneepapa
    12 years ago

The package with no ID in me, pawneepapa. Sorry.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

My package went out today. :)

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    12 years ago

My package went out Wednesday ;-) Hopefully you will get it any day now ... I put DC on it but I don't need it on the return trip.

• twopinenuts
    12 years ago

Thanks for note...I will mail off Monday morning.

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Howdee

Finally Jury duty is over!!!!!! (does happy dance)

I have received from 16 of the 24 people who plan to send. Please let me know if your mailer is going to be late. I always wait a few days for late mailers. I just wanted to give ya all a heads up it is getting to be about that time :)

Acres

• booberry85
    12 years ago

Hope you at least had a juicy case!

• clay_lady
    12 years ago

I mailed the seeds in a few days ago

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

Just wanted to be sure I'm included in the received group! Can you put up a list of whose has been received or let me know if mine is there? should be! :)

Thanks

• lorilynngardens
    12 years ago

According to USPS site, the seeds finally arrived. I am relieved because I have had so much trouble with the post office lately.

I hope that the seeds arrived intact and that I included enough return postage.

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Howdee

Got a few more mailers today.

First off Does any one need Kentucky wonder pole beans? I am pretty sure over half of the people sent these in this year. lol

Received from

farmer girl

Booberry

Dem_pa

Sorellina

Gjcore

Texaspinkie

Ray_151

Ricjo22

Lisa 831

Pawneepapa

Gardenunusual

Onedaylily

Habitatgardener

Glynis3

Ranegrow

Steve22802

Lorilynngardens

Twopinenuts

Sassybutterfly

On a side note new rules for next swap will be.

BUBBLE MAILER MANDATORY!!

I have many other issues with this swap but will be tuffer next year :) Be warned!! I don't feel like being tuff this year. I will do my best and that's it :)

• gjcore
    12 years ago

Sorry to hear that there are issues with this swap. I have a pretty good stockpile of beans but no Kentucky Wonder beans that I see on my list of tradeables so I'd be up for receiving a few of those packets.

• elliesfun
    12 years ago

I will also take some Kentucky Wonder Pole beans. Thanks!
    Have a great weekend everyone!

Ellie

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

Me, three! :)

Sorry as well hear there are issues.. :(

Hope you're healing well!

• lorilynngardens
    12 years ago

Sorry to hear that there were issues. I hope that mine was alright. If not, please email me right away and I will try to help. I am new to GardenWeb swaps and already getting off to a rough start with the post office losing/stealing things. At least the seeds finally got there! I hear that some local postal employees have been fired, so maybe that end of things will improve.

It is so wonderful of you to host this swap especially considering your recent health issues.

• steve22802
    12 years ago

I would welcome a small sample of Kentucky Wonder Pole beans. Maybe just 20 seeds or so.

Thanks for organizing this swap!

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Howdee

Been busy sorting seeds and getting ready to pack mailers :) I am not having too awful many issues with this swap. I just do things my way and what I think is a fair trade and what other people think are a fair trade are way off lol. I have always tried to be a generous trader though. :) Well it will all work out :)

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Howdee there

mailers went out today from the following people

farmer girl

Booberry

Dem_pa

Sorellina

Gjcore

Texaspinkie

Ray_151

Ricjo22

Lisa 831

Pawneepapa

Gardenunusual

Onedaylily

Habitatgardener

Glynis3

Ranegrow

Steve22802

Lorilynngardens

Twopinenuts

Sassybutterfly

SubruralGirl

Claylady

If I do by chance get any more mailers I have plenty of seeds to do a nice swap. :) I will post an update swap page.

Acres