Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Birthday Seed Extravaganza January #2

Posted by ncgardengirl 7b 8a NC (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 6, 09 at 23:52

Since Kym can't post this at the moment and we only need one more to fill the other one I thought I would go ahead and start this thread just in case someone wanted to post something when the other one fills up.

zwani.com myspace graphic comments
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANUARY BIRTHDAY FOLKS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Birthday Seed Extravaganza January #2

Any way is fine with me....its your choice....did i mention i am 14? And that ima guy? I just wanted to say a little something about me...
The best things about going on vacation is that you are suprised how much your plants grew in the time i was gone..everything is huge! Thats why i love vacation!!!

Also i am going on an expedition which will be my vacation to search for seeds i do not have My main goal is to find some rare edible seeds...

o

Hey Everyone !! I hope to be back in full force by the weekend.
Fran sorry to hear you are sick, thanks for your help, I came on today to make a new thread, and here it was ...LOL

I will be posting about the kids swap and the pinata by Sunday, so we can GET THE PARTY STARTED....LOL

I hope everyone is enjoying the cards and seeds they are receiving, and I am sure there is more to come !

We had an ice storm here last night, it sure was pretty but I went to my dr apt late today..LOL Roads and sidewalks were all covered in ice...UGH !!

Ok, so who is wintersowing ?? I need to get with Sue, so I can get started, last season I already was sowing...I do have my seeds sorted so I know where to start.

Kamil, Ill get with you this weekend on email, to see when we should celebrate your b day..wouldnt want ya to miss out.

Angela, thanks so much for the help while I have been stuck here...

Ok, be back soon..I hope...LOL

Kym

o

Hello everyone got another card today!

Thank you Monica (mommyto2) A really cute card with a bunny in a watering can. And a sweet hand written note.
Columbine "mixed colors"
columbine "nora barlow"
Blackberry Lily Mix
Gloriosa Lily!!!
Thank you so much
Dorothy
Photobucket

o
RE: UPDATE: Birth day Seed Extravaganza January #2

Kym,
I started WS alittle. Your weather is still a little warmer than normal.
May have to wait Feb or Mar to finish up.
Unless someone can tell me more aboute SW in zone 8.
Thanks,
Dorothy

o
Kym

Sorry that should have been "our weather"
LOL
Dorothy

o

Hmm.. Can i pick April or May?

o

Kamil, please email me, and we can decide.

Dorothy, Try the WS forum, ask about zone 8, you will have an answer in NO TIME !!

Ohhh I am itching to get my hands in the dirt, Sue, where are you, wanna play in the dirt with me ??? LOL

Kym

Ok, I am headed back to my room, talk to you all tomorrow.

o

I am in Zone 8 as well, but as this is my first year winter sowing, I don't have much advice. The first round of WS-ing found me outside as it began to snow, wondering if maybe I had fallen for an elaborate hoax. Perhaps the experienced gardeners were having a laugh seeing what they could get the newbies to do! It is so hard to believe I am not just dooming these little seeds, but I will have faith in all of you who have done it.

o

Hey Kym, I sent you an email back, but I think I may have missed you. 8^( Give me a call - I'm itching to get going too.

I'm glad my B'day cards are getting to their destinations, and you all like them. Happy Birthday to all you January Babies!

Sue

o

Oh my goodness you guys are so fantastic! I cant begin to thank everyone enough for the absolutely fabulous seeds and the truly wonderful cards.

Chell (chellflower) sent an incredibly beautiful goldfinch card with cassia seeds thank you so much, Chell, I cant wait to grow these. Ive ready so many wonderful things about the species and they look absolutely beautiful and quite fitting of my garden theme.

Lisa (ishareflowers) sent a lovely card with the most adorable seed holder inside. Lisa, I cant believe you didnt think you had anything I wanted you sent not one, but two seeds that Ive wanted very much, African Blue Basil and Dicentra formosa. I didnt get a chance to dig up any of the D. formosa that had been growing around my old house when I moved so its wonderful to be able to have it again.

Kathy (jaleeisa) sent a very cheerful garden card and seeds for garden heliotrope which is one of my all time favorite herbs. She also sent elderberry seeds, the elderberry being one of my favorite trees. We have lots of the red elderberry here and I love them dearly but Ive so been wanting to grow some of the more edible species. And last but certaly not least thank you so much for the Devils Claw plant. I thought it was going to be a good long time before I was able to find seeds for that one.

Mark (markcase1964), you surely have to be psychic. No kidding, the day your Hendersons Bush limas arrived I was going to place an order including that exact variety. Ive grown it for the last couple of years and absolutely love it and I was so mad when I lost my seed crop for the variety this last season. Thanks so much for the new seed stock!

Toni (zinaray) sent a wonderful card and hollyhocks, which I cant wait to see what color they are. Im doing a massive amount of hollyhocks this year and these will be such an incredibly welcomed addition. Calendula, which I cant get enough of Im obsessed with edible flowers and just love the cheery appearance of calendula. And the Canoe Creek melon that Ive heard so many wonderful things about.

And from Toni (dirtdiggin), your card is absolutely hysterical and isnt it so true today? Its Greetings from the Pacific North*wet* and we are living up to that name this week. So perfect, I just love it. And for seeds Toni sent the Principe Borghese tomato which is perfect. Ive read that this one is great for drying and thats something I really want to try this year. Large Leaf Italiano Classico basil which should make some incredible pesto to go along with those cloud dried tomatoes. And Italian Market Tomatoand Precoce Marmande tomatoes, which I very much look forward to trying.

Thank you so very much everyone for the absolutely incredible seeds.

~Amanda

o

Amanda,

I'm happy to see that the package made it from my home to yours. Enjoy!

Lisa

o

Good Morning,
Ws about 20 containers last week. Thanks to santa seed swap I'll be doing so much more YES!! Last year don't think I started till end Feb. Forgot about the dirty nails and cuticles though! Lot's of scrubbing before work lol.
My nails get nice and long in the winter then disappear to nothing when I'm out in the yard come spring!

o

my nails do too..I polish them in the winter and papmer them and then in the spring...whoosh!..gone and I don't see them until winter again...mostly because they're always covered in dirt or gloves..."L"

o

happy birthday Pictures, Images and Photos

I just wanted to post the list of Birthdays..

January Birthdays

Dimples .................. 2
girlsgardener_2007.........6
spookycharles..............10
jaleeisa...................14
lysa39.....................19
dirtduchess................20
andreaz6wv.................29
ishareflowers..............31

PLEASE REMEMBER TO EMAIL ME A LIST OF PEOPLE YOU ARE MAILING TO, AND IF YOU ARENT SENDING THIS MONTH, THAT IS OK, JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL SAYING YOU PASS ON THIS MONTH..I NEED TO HEAR FROM EVERYONE, EACH MONTH !!

o

I got two more cards today....

The first was from mommyto2, it had zinnia whirligig,rudbeckia cappachino,dames rocket and rudbeckia double gold. Thank you so much Monica!!

The second was from Zinaray(toni) it had soapwort,dames rocket and borage. Thanks so much!

There's enough in each package for me to share with my friends.

Thanks Ladies!
Lisa

o

I have rec'd some birthday cards!! Thank you ALL.
I will post specifics tomorrow. I have a sleepy child right now :)

Andrea

o

Just a reminder - especially for newbies - everyone remember to go to rate and review, do a search for the gw name of your sender, and post feedback for your senders. This is good for both the sender and the receiver. Many traders look there before completing future trades to get an idea about participants. This can be a very positive way to establish yourself as dependable. Make sure to use the search at the bottom of the page once you are in rate and review - this search only searches the rate and review portion instead of searching all of gw in the new search bar at the top.
Hope everyone is having a great birthday month! Nik

o

i will be, monday i'm gonna start sending them out!! its on my to do list :') but i'll email ya Kym to let ya know who :') Happy birthday ya'll :') now lets see if i can find my way back here again!! LOL i always get so lost!! Hee Hee ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: Barehanded Totally Nutso Gardener!! **Big Grinn**

o

Hey Medo looking at your web site. Great job! I like the home remedies, I need to get some honey. LOL
I knew it was good for you, but Mixed with cinnamon.
Sounds good!
Dorothy

o
Chris

I received a card from Chris (grolikecrazy)
Where is Tetiaro island and how do I get there!!!LOL
Thanks for the card and seeds.
Blackberry Lily
Amarylis
Crimson clover.

Sorry I don't understand the note on the card. Please email me.
Thanks,
Dorothy

o

hello
I'm glade the cards have made it to their homes :)

I have started winter sowing, I did about 5 flates of 4" pots yesterday, approx 50 kinds of seeds, and more to go.

I'm also starting a new batch of cuttings from geraniums, porterweed, dragon wing bagonias, angel wing bagonias, tropical milkweed and coleus. I try to keep my plants I'm over wintering small so every few months I trim them and try to make more.
I will be trying to start some of my tropical seeds soon, I have some cannas, bananas, palms, and datura and a few others I think. also some trees I want to start for caterpilars this year cassia(I think it is a tree?? I'll have to check.) tulip poppler, sassifrass, and some others.

well time to get the boys ready for school
have a great day everyone

michelle

o

Hey Michelle - if frost has hit and the geraniums were still outdoors do you think there's any chance of saving them? Do they root just like most plants do? I had 2 very large geranium pots that were HOT pink, and I got them on clearance and they turned out to be my fave plant last year! But w/ the move and all I'd forgotten they were still out on the side of the house and got frost 3 nights in a row :-( Whatcha think? Should I still just bring them inside and see what happens? I guess it can't hurt..

I have 3 cards going out today, the rest will go out closer to each person's bday :-)

Hugs,
Wendy

o

I've received a few more cards in the last few days. My apologies for not listing them when and as they came in, it's been nuts here with the landlord fixing the edges of my countertops (he'd had them done in tile and it started falling off, now it's done with gorgeous wood trim and looks much better, along with being secured with screws so it doesn't break off!) and then something's wrong with my back. Walking is painful and sleeping is impossible. It's getting worse, so I'm going to see about an appointment with the doctor.

Back to the cards!

A beautiful card from Dorothy (dimples31312), who included a thank you for the seeds I sent her :) with a gorgeous flower on the front and a warm birthday wish inside along with Sweet Siberian melon , Nyagous tomato and Dutchman's Pipe vine :) Can't wait to get these going! Thank you!

The next was from Sue (suecirish). This card was wonderful! It's a pull out card with all kinds of flowers, butterflies and Ladybugs! Inside was a sweet birthday wish as well as more Bunny Tail Grass (YAY!!!) and Salvia coccinea "Lady in Red! as well as an offer for a trade for a rooted piece of her Ajuga Black Scallop in the spring!! Thank you so much, Sue and I will certainly take you up on that offer!!

The next was from my dear friend Fran (ncgardengirl)a precious beaver stating that money talks and if it had any to put there that it (the money!) would have wished me a happy birthday! I cracked up and so did DH! Inside was a wonderful letter from Fran and planting instructions for Salvia lyrata "Purple Volcano" and Helipterum "Pierrot". Both of these look amazing and I am really blessed that you thought to share them with me! Thank you so much, Fran!!

And the final one I've received so far this week was from Toni (zinaray)a beautifully stylized card with flowers and dragonflies and butterflies! Inside, along with a birthday wish were Hummingbird Bush (aka)Flame ancanthus Desert Honeysuckle, Yvonne's Salvia! and Lamb's Ear! Thank you so much Toni! I can't wait to see the Hummingbird Bush bloom and one can not have enough Yvonne's Salvia and Lambs Ear!

Thank you all for the wonderful cards and seeds! I've never in my life received so many birthday cards! It makes me feel really special!

Kathy

o

OH Thank Goodness Kathy I KNEW you would get my sense of humor. I am SO glad you and hubs both did. I saw that card and KNEW I had to get it for someone and as I was reading it AGAIN I thought KATHY WILL GET ME...lol. Thank you.
It WAS funny wasn't it? And I THINK those Salvias made up for the lack of funds...lol.
Enjoy your Brithday!

:) Fran

o

Hey Kathy gald you liked the seeds. Hope like do well for you.
I know what you about the Cards! I usally get one maybe two.
This does make a person wonderful and so special!!!

I recieved another Card today!
Linda sent me a really cute card and seeds
Crimson Clover
Nora Barlow Columbine
Day Lily seeds

Thank You so much, This has been the best birthday month ever!!!
Hugs
Dorothy

o

pinata Pictures, Images and Photos

Ok, I am still working on getting my info all fixed, here is a list of people that wanted to join the pinata swap..PLEASE check the list, and let me know If I have missed you.

Also, for those asking how this will work..I am working out a schedule of who it will be sent to and when...

Each person will be responsible for going to the Post Office and asking for a NEW empty Priority box.(boxes are free, and can be ordered online also ) They should be 4.80 to send...plus 75 cents delivery confirmation. So this part of the swap will cost us 6.00.

I will start the box off, with lots of goodies...examples can be but not limited to...candy, stickers, seeds, bulbs, plant markers, notepads, peat pots, peat discs,paint pens, cute pens....just use your imagination, and PLEASE NO SMELLY CANDLES, LOTIONS, etc...other then that..anything goes. Think of it is a gardeners Bday Pinata...( If you have a question about adding something just email me)

You take out a certain number of items, and replace the same amount, or more if you would like...I will be coming up with a limit of how many you can take.

just dont take all bulbs, and replace them with stickers...be fair, and make it fun for the next person.

Each person will have the box for a certain amount of time, and then have to pass it on....and they will have to post what they took out of the PINATA..

Ok, so here is who was interested...anyone else wanting to join email me by Sunday night at 6pm, so I can get a schedule made..

Markcase
riley17
chellflower
playintheyard
colcol
highalttransplant
proudgm_03
shropshire_lad
ilovefarac
dan_the_mailman
wind_red ......... was unsure
ncgardengal
lindaruzicka
taz56 ............. was unsure
dirtdiggin
andreaz6wv ....... was unsure
suze62
aphroditelaughs
flwrs4ever .... will recieve it at the end

OK, PLEASE CHECK THE LIST, AND IF YOU WERE UNSURE, LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE PLAYING....AND ANYONE ELSE THAT WANTS TO JOIN EMAIL ME BY SUNDAY AT 6PM...IF I DONT HEAR FROM YOU, I WILL JUST ASSUME YOU ARENT INTERESTED....

ALSO IF FOR ANY REASON YOU RECIEVE THE BOX, AND DONT RESEND IT...I WILL BE POSTING THIS TO RATE AND REVIEW..WE WANT EVERYONE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME !!!

o

On Jan. 18 the priority flat rate box will increase by 15c.
Instead of $4.80, it will be $4.95. But, the good news is delivery confirmation remains 65c for priority mail! So, anyway we're looking at $5.60 to mail it. Well worth the fun, imho!

o

Hi all, just a short note because I'm suppose to be on bed rest for my back, but I had to come on and thank Chris (growslikecrazy) for the amazing trip to Tahati I "won"! This gorgeous postcard has a picture of a white Tahati beach with sparkling blue/green crystalline water! LOL, how cute the note on the back was that I'd won the January Birthday trip, Chris! Included with this wonderful card werePurple Fountain Grass, Bunny Tail Grass, Japanese Maple- Red and Japanese Maple- Green and Crimson Clover seeds! Thank you! Can you email me with some more info about the Japanese Maples? Do you have cultivator names or something like that so I can get an idea of what their requirements are, how big they will get, etc? Thanks again!

Kathy

o

Good morning! Happy Birthday to spookycharles!! Hope it is a wonderful day for you!
Sorry to hear you are having back problems, Kathy! Those are no fun at all!
I am going to have to bow out of the pinata part-so sorry! Just dealing with way too many dr. bills right now and on a very strict budget! Thanks, melinda

o

I sent out two cards today, to dirtduchess and girlsgardner. Will have one going out on monday to andreaaz6wv. To those of you I didnt send a card to, I'm sorry, I just didnt have anything on your want lists. :(

o

birthday Pictures, Images and Photos

Happy Birthday Spookycharles ! Wishing you a wonderful day !

o

Spookycharles,
Photobucket
Best wishes on your Birthday,
Dorothy

o

Happy Bday Spookycharles!!! :) Hope it's a wonderful one!

~Wendy

o

Happy Birthday, Spookycharles! Hope its a great day!
Photobucket

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY spookycharles HOE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT DAY

o

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Amanda
Happy Birthday to YOU :)

Andrea

o

OK THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HOPE...HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A NICE DAY SPOOKYCHARLES At least the Hoe works too, since this IS a gardening forum...GEEZE that is what I get for getting in a hurry! LOL.

ANYWAY, I do hope it has been a good Bday for you!!!

o

Happy Birthday Amanda!!

o

Hey everybody!

Got another BD card today!
Thank you Becky (proudgm-03) Cute card reminds me of Springtime!
Sent me some Cleome cherrypink queen
Thank you so vey much.
Dorothy

o

Happy Birthday spookycharles!

o

Happy Birthday to you spookycharles!

Cindy : )

o

Hi All,

Ok.. I have a minute so let me first say thanks to all of the Birthday Wishes I have rec'd..
Thank You:
colcol-thank you
proudgm_03-my son loved the puppies on your card :)
zinaray
jaleeisa
suecirish-love the lettuce you sent

Now, I need to start getting the mail when my son is in school b/c when I let him help I get my seeds mixed up :)
So I rec'd the following seeds and appreiciate all of them.

Several varieties of hollyhocks. Let me say that when I started thinking about them I asked for them at the S.Santa swap and now have lots. It will be great to see them all bloom. I hope to be able to share them with others like it's been done with me.

birdhouse gourds
watermelon-yellow flesh
canoe creek melon
salvia
minnesota midget melon
sw. siberian melon

If I missed anything I am sorry. You should see my coutertop :)

I can't thank you all enough. This and the S.Santa swap made my winter.

Andrea

o

Amanda,

I have been called Psycho, but never psychic! Glad you liked the lima beans. It was on your wanted list....

Sorry I haven't been here for a day or two. I have been VERY swamped at school. State tests start Tuesday and last till the 23rd. Since the science class I teach does not have a state exam, I get the glorious job (severe sarcastic tone here) of giving the exams for all the students with special needs.

Plus, my pancreas is acting up. I have another CATSCAN tomorrow. I am having a little pain right now.

o

Oh no Mark, I hope everything is ok and it isn't another attack, SEE you should have listen to the docs from the start and NOT eaten those cookies!
You testing sounds like LOADS of fun...hehe, sorry.

I mailed out a few cards and 2 have been reported and a couple others haven't and I being ME didn't write down WHO I sent to so I only remember the two I actually sent first...lol.

I can tell u wait the card look like...hehe.

o

Hi! Has anyone received their B-day card from me?
Thanks!
Susan

o

Hey Susan,
I got one from you! Posted Thanks. Let me know if I missed the rate and review form. Trying keep up with that never know if I missed one.

Hopefully everone is thanking there card givers and doing the rate and review also.

If I miss anyone, PLEASE let me know!
Dorothy

Photobucket

o

More Wonderful Cards Today!!!

Thanks Carol (Carol57078) A beautiful card with a Lotus.
Columbine pink and white/ Day lily seeds Pardon Me and Datura seeds Double white and yellow.
Thank you so much.

Thanks Andrea (andreaz6wv) Very pretty old fashion looking card with a basket of flowers. Very Pretty.
Sweet Pea seeds north shore/white snail/anniversary.

Thanks Annette (playintheyard) A wonderful card with a beautiful red butterfly. I love butterflies
Tall Lupines mixed and columbine aquilegia

Thanks Melinda (ilovefarac)I cute card about missing my Birthday. This year I'm not having a Birthday DAY it the whole month, so you or right on time!
Medusa Pepper/ Ruby Port Columbine and Rainbow Bolivian.

Thanks Wendy (sassybutterfly) Sweet Card. Note for belated birthday. Another card right on time. LOL
Clematis Bright Pink and Cleome rose Queen.

Thanks again to all of you for making my Birthday Month so special.
(((((HUGS)))))
Dorothy
Photobucket

o

Yes, this year we all get a Birthday MONTH, hey, we all deserve it, for one reason or another !!

Looks like everyone is getting some really nice cards and seeds !!

I am working on a schedule for the pinata, and going to the store this week to fill it. I will also be posting a list for the kids swap, so those that are interested can get started.

Please try to check in here atleast monthly, but it sure would be nice if everyone comes and wishes the bday people Happy birthday !

February Birthday Buddies, will you please be thinking of your wishes, and for now on, if you dont post a wish list, I will not send out your address...We need everyone to follow the rules, and follow thru with the swap. The thread will be posted early, for the wish lists to be posted.

I hope you all are doing well ! We have really frigid temperatures coming our way...UGH ! How many more days till Spring ??

o

March 20th is the first calendar day of Spring, so 65 days until Spring by my count.....

o

Good Morning all!

I got 4 cards in the mail yesterday! That's a total of 10 cards for me. WOW......

proudgm sent me a cute birthday wish and soapwort seeds...whoo hoo

Andreaz6 sent a card with a beautiful flower arrangement on a table and chocolate peppers(yum) and parsely seeds.

alwaysagardens card was a bunny with coffee or tea looking at her garden and sent soapwort and malva windsor castle seeds, it's a beautiful plant that I didn't know existed!

Threas sent a beautiful handmade card with embossing on the front and vkmotgg(yayyyyy), night blooming jasmine ,cigar plant,cup plant and bes spanish eyes[ I wish I hadn't ordered these) I was afraid I wouldn't get them!now my Mom will have them too.

Thank you, Ladies! I can't believe how generous people on the garden web are. We should really give ourselves a great big pat on the back.

My seed stash is growing! and I should have a yard full of beautiful plants come spring! Thank you all so much!!

Lisa

Has anyone heard from girlgardener?

If anyone has the addies from the xmas swap would you please email me ilovefarac's address. I traded for something on her list and it needs to be sown fresh! I'm going to send to her a bit early.

o

I received several cards yesterday! Annette (playingintheyard) send me a beautiful blue butterfly on the card with a lovely note inside and Cypress Vine, Lamb's Ear and Dwarf Red Plains Coreopsis! Thanks so much Annette!

Andrea (andrea26wv) sent me a card with gorgeous trumpet flowers and Hale's Best Cantaloupe, Cilantro, and India Mustard Florida Broad Leaf! I've not tried the India Mustard before, so this will be fun! Thank you Andrea!

My dear friend Linda (lindaruzicka) sent em a wish to pamper and spoil myself and Purple Foxglove, Tangerine Lantana!, Black Moudry Grass and Mixed Lantana! Thank you so much, Linda! I've been wanting more Lantanas! The tangerine one sounds beautiful!

The last one I received yesterday was from my wonderful friend Nikki (nikkineel)I adore the card with the two female alligators, the first complimenting the second's purse and the second responding that it's her ex-husband! Yes, Nik, you definitely nailed that one! And my dear fiend, I've very much enjoyed getting to know you as well and wish we lived closer as well! Inside were seeds for some very special wants of mine! Clitoria double "White Lady", Stevia and Crocosmia "Lucifer"! I don't know how to thank you for the Clitoria "White Lady"! And the Stevia!! OMG!

You are all making this an amazing birthday month for me! I have never, ever received so many birthday cards or such wonderful gifts! Thanks you all SO much!

HUGS,
Kathy

o

Ohh, It sounds like there are going to be some really beautiful gardens to see this season, I really cant wait to see some pictures of sprouts, and blooms this season !!

Dan, thanks...can we do a count down till spring ?

Ok, I am sitting here with my calendar, making out a schedule for the pinata, and will post today about the kids swap, I have been working on it, just took me a long time to recover my info...and my computer is still down, I am borrowing when I can.

Micyrey made a wonderful chat room for us gardeners, you can come join us anytime...or send out an email asking if anyone has time to chat...soo if you are interested, please email me for the info. I thought it was a wonderful Idea...

I went to Sueirish's house yesterday afternoon and we wintersowed together, we had such a good time, it sure is nice to make friends here, but even a little more special when you can actually visit and spend time with them ! I wish we all lived closer !!

I would also like to apologize for my slow start with this swap, it bothers me when I am behind and not "on time", It has been a rough few weeks...but I promise to get myself to finish, and I am really looking forward to hearing about the pinata traveling around ...and I really hope this swap brightens up everyones Birthdays !!!

Hugs to you all,

Kym

o

Kathy - Yahoo! I am so glad you liked your seeds. I thought you might like the "white lady" and knew you wanted the other two. I took a couple of seeds out of each to try for myself, too. Maybe if one of ours doesn't go to seed soon enough, the other's will and we can share again.
I hope all of our January gardeners have a GREAT month!
Kym, you are doing an awesome job, as always.
Nik

o

awww ALL of you truly deserve all the bday wishes and seeds you're getting! I think it's fantastic how we're making eachother's bdays just that much more special!

Kym ~ how great that you two got to WS together!! I don't know of anyone near here.. :P Sounds like you had fun, I'm glad :)

Hugs all!
~Wendy

o

hello everyone,
Just checking in & am happy for you b-day buddies. Sounds like everyone is enjoying their cards and gifts!

The chat room sounds fun and Kim I think your doing a great job. I would b crushed if my comp. went down. It really must b a hassle w/ all your doing.

Mark hope all is well w/ your tests.

Kathy that alligator card is a good one huh? right up my alley also lol.

Glad you liked my bf cards ladies.

Annette

o

It's so neat that you are able to do winter sowing together. I have a couple of friends who are newbie gardeners, and I am trying to slowly get them addicted so that we can play together.

o

Happy Birthday Jaleeisa (Kathy)!! I hope it is a wonderful day for you! Melinda

o

Happy birhtday! Happy Birthday KAthy!! I hope you do get to relax and make it a "me" day.

o

Photobucket
Happy Birthday Jaleesia / Kathy! Hope it's a great day!

Sue

o

Happy Birthday Kathyyyyyyyy!!!!! (I'd post a cute lil pic too IF I knew how...)

I hope you have a wonderful wonderful day!! *BIG* Hugs to you!

~Wendy

o

Happy Birthday to you Kathy! (jaleeisa)

o

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
From one trade junkie to another - Have a great day, Kathy!!! Nik

o

Happy Birthday Kathy!!!

o

Happy Birthday Kathy ! May you have a Blessed new year, full of friends, family, flowers, and lots of love.

o
Kid Swap info

happy birthday disney Pictures, Images and Photos

OK< here is the info for the kids swap.

We DO have a January bday, so PLEASE get the kids working on a card !

Email will be going to each person listed here, with the complete info.

PLEASE tell me if I have missed someone you wanted in the kids swap !!!

ilovefarac 3

markcase 1

nikkineel 1

highaltransplant 2

plantoneonme 1

medontdo 2

dirtdiggin 1

girlsgardener 1

this is the number of kids you have entered into the swap.

Please feel free to post a happy bday to them, and I will be adding their first names to the monthly list, but per some parents concerns, I am not going to post Birthdates on this thread. (unless you write and let me know it is ok)

Each of you will be getting an email from me, with the kids names, and birthdates.

This will be for the kids to swap, and to get some seeds of their own.

Any questions PLEASE EMAIL me, and I will write ASAP

o

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes! It's been a fabulous day! Cliff, my amazing husband, gifted me with the earrings to match the sapphire with small diamonds ring and pendant from Kay's Jewelers that he got me for Christmas. The sapphires are the deepest, darkest blue! For those who saw the pictures from my wedding this past May, they are the same deep shade as my wedding gown and his shirt were :) I'm not a big fan of diamonds, I find them to be a cold, lifeless stone, but these small ones set off the sapphires to perfection! They're all mounted in the most beautiful, delicate silver, which I prefer to gold. I'll try to get pictures taken and posted to share soon :) Can you tell I'm rather pleased and proud of them? Cliff and I have been together for almost 2 years now and married since May. This man already knows me so much better than the man I was married to for 16 years and had 5 children with did. Cliff picked out this jewelery himself, without even help from my kids and kept it a secret and picked the most perfect thing possible! Even my children's father never did so well, and certainly not without help and direction.

When my second to oldest son came to drive me to my doctor's appointment for my back, he and his wonderful girlfriend, whom I adore and think of as my own daughter, gifted me with a $50 gift card :)

Cliff also made me BBQ ribs, baked potatoes and salad for dinner and got me a chocolate cheesecake!

My younger children have cleaned the house and been taking on extra chores while I've been mostly bed-bound for the last week with my back. They made me cards as well :) and had me put in an order for some seeds I've been wanting! And my oldest son will be over as soon as he gets off work.

Aside for my doctor's appointment and resulting blood work and xrays, it's been a wonderful day. For those who do not know, I have a spinal disease- degenerative spondylothesis. It can be very painful and debilitating. I've been at a plateau for several years, but that's apparently changing. I've been on bed rest for the last week. Today she put me on pain killers, muscle relaxers and ibuprofen because I also have RA. The bad news is that it's worsening and that I'm going to have to start taking pills again and that I'm going to have to have lots of tests done as well as start seeing a neurologist and orthopedist again. The good news is that if it comes to surgery, they've made major advances from 24 years ago when I was diagnosed. I'm not sure right now what that will mean for me as far as gardening this year, but my children and husband know what my gardens mean to me and will be doing what I can't. So, prayers will be very welcome, though after this last week, I'm considering the benefits of surgery if there's a good chance I can live without some of the pain I've dealt with for the last 15-20 years. And I'm going to have to find another job. I can't be lifting and all the way I have been since going to work at Wal~Mart. It's doing too much damage to my back. My doctor told me today that *IF* I get to do much gardening this year, my husband and kids will have to do the heavy stuff like carrying topsoil, soil amendments and mulch, digging, etc. That I will have to pretty much sit and point and just enjoy the results. Can anyone see my indoor "garden" growing larger? I *need* to have my hands in dirt!

Uuugg.. I didn't intend to get into all of that here or now, sorry. Just wanted everyone to understand why I've not been posting very much.

I really very much appreciate all the birthday cards and birthday wishes. I've never before had this much attention paid to my birthday and with the way this last week has gone, it has definitely been a major bright spot! I want to thank you all again for that :)

Muscle relaxers are finally easing the constant spasms, and the painkiller is making me drowsy, but I wanted to take the time to make sure you all know how very special you are to me, and how very much having so many people make such an event of my birthday has meant to me :)

HUGS,
Kathy

o

Kym ~ GREAT Choice on the fairy pic.. that's one of my favorites! :)

Aww Kathy I wish your birthday could have at least been a painless one. But if the pills offer some relief.. you know your body can't heal and feel better if your entire body is taught w/ stress from pain. I know that much from all Josh's spinal problems... I'm sure that sweetheart of a Husband and/or kids will fig out a way to bring mounds of dirt to you to play in *wink. Is there any way you can qualify for SSI/disability? At least that would help supplement your income.. Just a thought. Sweet Dreams Kathy and I hope you get a good relaxing night's rest! Check in when you can hon.

HUGS!
Wendy

o

Birthday Graphics

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHY!!!!!!

I have been so busy today I almost miss your Birthday Miss Kathy. I am so sorry for all the problems you are having. I KNOW you liked your job I hate you are gonna have to give it up. Wish I lived closer to you dear. I would help make your paradise come alive for you this summer. Many blessings to you and I hope your pain goes away soon.
Many Hugs to you honey, Always your friend, :) Fran

o

Kathy,
I got a little teary eyed reading your post. You can so tell how proud and happy you are w/ your family. I wish you the best w/ your tests and I'm sure your wonderful family will continue to help come spring.

I always wanted a yard boy maybe you can ask for one around mothers day. LOL

Annette

o

Happy B-Day Kathy...I know it's the 15th where you are, but hey...it's still the 14th where I am hehe.

I'm so sorry for your day with the Doc's. Hope all works out and I'll be sending my prayers your way.

o

Happy Birthday Month Kathy
Photobucket
Dorothy

o

UPDATE:

Just wanted to let anyone that has a child that signed up for the kids swap ...I did make a new thread. I had several that wanted to post a wish list, so please join us there, and post your childs wish list NOW.

Kathy, sorry to hear what you are going thru, it isnt easy. I deal with all of that each day also, and I have stopped counting the number of drs I have...LOL I really hope they can help you, and YES, try for SSI ! Esp if it is something that will just be getting worse..

I hope all of our Birthday Buddies are having a very special MONTH !!!

"Happy Mailboxing to you, Happy mailboxing to you ....Happy mailboxing, dear Garden Buddies, Happy mailboxing to yooouuuuuuu...."

gdmorn bird n box Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Hey there! Instead of posting a bunch of pictures here on this thread, I started a new one and posted pix of Bump and Stella. If you're unfamiliar with who they are, they are my cats, one of which is well-known here on the GW (Bump), and one of which is new to the family (Stella). In what may be a first for the GW, Bump will be co-hosting the May MNF Round Robin! LOL, he's been helping me garden indoors all day!

-Dan

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of Bump and Stella

o

Hi,

I rec'd a very nice gardening birthday card from alwaysgarden. It's very nice. Thanks so much for the seeds as well!!

Andrea

o

*************HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHY**************

Sorry to hear about all the pain you are in,i am hoping for you that just as soon as the muscle relaxers kick in, you will feel a bit better.

You sound like you have a wonderful family,what a blessing.
Hope your day is lovely,EAT CAKE!
cAROL

o

mmmm Carol.. as soon as I read eat CAKE, I immediately started craving some! LOL And it's NOWHERE near my bday yet! lol

Hope you're doin' ok Kathy.. *BIG HUGS*

~Wendy

o

Hi,

I thought I'd pop in and see who's getting b-day cards AND to post two more Thank you's.

I got two cards today!

Andrea, Thank you for the parsely and chocolate pepper seeds. I've never grown either one!

riley17, Thank you for the soapwort and the malve 'Bibor Felho', I really wanted that one!

January babies, we are half way through our month. I hope your all enjoying it as much as I am.

Have a great night!
Lisa

o

Thank you..I received 2 beautiful cards from yotetrapper and riley17. It's been really fun doing these swaps. I have 3 new ones I am thinking about. My birthday is at the end of the month, but I feel like it already been celebrated :)

Thanks again,
Andrea

o

Hi Kathy,

I am sorry to be a day late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Now that finals started for my students, I can breath a little bit!

Everyone, thanks for asking about my tests. I won't get my catscan results until next Thursday when I go to the Dr. Two catscans, an MRI, more blood work and another x-ray to see if my pancreas is acting up again. I know it is. I have the pain! Why all the stupid tests..... I guess I need to keep someone employed.

o

Got another card today!

Thank you Dan (dan_the_mailman) A very cute and funny card. LOL
Double Blackcurant Swirl Datura and Yarrow Seeds
Thank you very much Dan.
Dorothy
Photobucket

o

*************PINATA SWAP UPDATE *****************

OK, THE PRICE OF THE FLAT RATE BOX HAS GONE UP, AND IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANOTHER SIZE THAT IS CHEAPER, AND NOT ITTY BITTY PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

MY DAD WENT AND DOUBLE CHECKED PRICE FOR ME, AND THEY SAID $7.90, AND IT USE TO BE 6.40

I HAVE THE BOXES ALMOST READY TO GO AND A SCHEDULE ALL MADE OUT "but" I dont want to mail out, if someone will be upset over the price of the box, so PLEASE will everyone that was interested EMAIL me, and tell me if you are still IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize for the change in cost, but wanted to tell everyone AHEAD, didnt want ANYONE to be surprised !!

PLEASE email me over the weekend ! I had it planned to mail out on Monday, but only if I hear from everyone !

o

hey 20th of this month is my b-day and if anyone wants to send my seed specials here's my top favorits:# peach tree seeds
# apple tree seeds
# orange tree seeds
# peaches and cream corn
# black dimond watermelon
# cantalope
# cucumber
# strawberry
# blueberry
# cherry
# mulberry
# anything that when it grows I can be canned.

and happy birthday to all, and all a good night. and i'm getting 2 rabbits for a early birthday present.

o

Oh, I was looking at the new tiny small flat rate box.
Go to usps.com and check out the link to new rate increase, it's on the bottom left.
For the next size flat rate box, it looks like increasing from 9.80 to 10.35.
usps.com -- check it out.

o

Colcol, thanks I am going to go to the PO and get the info from the one guy there I trust, and make sure I can post the exact size and price of the box....there are too many dimensions, and I want to make sure we keep the cost low, and all are on the same page.......I do have some great items would hate to have to cancel.......I guess If we dont have enough interest, ill just have some great gardening items...LOL

Although to me, 10.00 really isnt bad, esp for those of us that do the big swaps, we all pay more then that.

Ok, I shall update this as soon as I get the correct info, and make sure I can give you specific info. dont want to have a lot of confusion.

o

I want to thank everyone who has made this birthday really special even though I don't count candles any more. I have already thanked some people. So here's a shout out to the others. Thanks for all the beautiful cards and seeds.

mommy2be..magnus coneflower, white swan coneflower, ballerina purple datura, white datura, big sky yellow coneflower, japmorning glory, chocolate silkmix, cappuchino rudbekia

taz56..sweetpea mix, aster mix, and confederate rose.

yotetrapper..velvet queen sunflower, zinna purple prince and uproar rose, mixed hollyhocks, endangered echinacea tennesseenia, hot pink morning glory.

proudgm_3..burgandy celosia, morning glory mix.

carol57078..rose hollyhocks, grandpa ott morning glory, french marigolds, mixed morning glory.

alwaysagarden..larkspur mix, echinacea tennesseesia,

grolikecrazy.. pink cruelflowa? chives, stokesia blue sea holly, hot pink cosmos, dark purple morning glory, crismson clover,nasturiams, hot pink morning glory, beautiful dill, prairie yellow echinacea.

dimples..tall white nicotania, nyagous tomato.

suecirish..alcearosea hollyhocks, and echinacea white swan.

andreZ6WV..birdhouse gourds, and blackeyed susan.

Piksi-hk..sunrise serenade morningglory, woodrose, pink morning glory, clitoria, Texas bluebells, orange zinnia, mexican hit, orange marigolds, Angled Luffa gourd (Chinese okra) I may e-mail for recipes for this one. and tall fuschia zinna.

AKA zinaray..white daisy, white swan echinacea, colossal marigolds.

colcol..mixed asters, heavenly blue morning glory and sweet peas.

riley17..blue lake green beans, eggplant, rutabaga, (my DH says that his next wife will like rutabaga. I will plant them for him.) cucumber and chives.

So many varities. In this cold winter weather I feel like a kid that got a bicycle for Christmas on the north pole. Got to wait til spring to enjoy. Thanks again,
Patsy

o

Hi,

Thank you dimples for the birthday wishes and melon seeds!!

Much appreciated.

Andrea

o

garden4god, are you signed up for the birthday list? I did not get any information from Kym regarding your birthday or address. Kim

o

Kim, he was meaning to put it on the kids birthday forum, Kym will have to transfer it over there for him that is Tabor.

o

Good Morning Everyone!
Hope all are safe and warm.
Sure was another cold night.
Warm thoughts to all!
Dorothy
Photobucket

o

brrr....still cold...still drinking hot tea...still have a fire.."L"

o

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is keeping warm...brrr, I'm freezing! But it didn't stop me from getting the mail!

I got a beautiful picture card from dirtduchess today with some Teddy bear sunflowers. My babies(nieces and nephews children) will pot these up for a fun day at aunties and take some home to have there. Thank you so much Patsy!

I'm going to grow some for me too!

Lisa

o

I got a nice card from dirtdutchess and also recieved some teddy bear sunflowers. They're perfect! I've never grown them and have thought of ordering them several times and never got to it. I'm thrilled. Thanks so much.

Andrea

o

I want to apologize to those who's cards I received this weekend. I've been in a lot of pain and pretty doped up with the meds they have me on. My online time has been rather limited to a few minutes here and there and I wanted to be able to really do justice to the wonderful cards and gifts I received!

The first is from Wendy (sassybutterfly_2008). Along with a wonderful birthday wish, Wendy included Chocolate Mint Coleus (one of my special wants for this spring!) Russian Sage 'Perovskia Taiga' (This has the most gorgeous blue flowers!), Johnny JumpUp violas (A family favorite around here! They're adorable!), and Lithops 'Living Stones' mix! I adore Living Stones and so do DH and the bratlings! Thank you so much Wendy! I can't wait to get these planted!

The next is from my partner in the MNF swap this month- Toni (dirtdiggin) This card looks handmade and is BEAUTIFUL! Inside were Yellow and Red Bull's Horn sweet peppers! We really enjoy these to cook with or toss in salads! Thank you so much, Toni!!

The next one was from Melinda (ilovefarac), a lovely card and Dwarf Mixed Foxglove , Red Salvia, and Apricot Foxglove! Thank you so much Melinda!

And last, but certainly not least! A box from Dan (dan_the_mailman) Now keep in mind, this was partially from a trade we had in progress as well as for my birthday. Inside was (for my birthday) Salvia Coral Nymph & Lady in Red mix, Tall Sunflowers, Red Salvia, Red Bell Pepper seeds, Cosmos 'Seashells', Soapwort, and Goblin Egg gourds, a mix of Orange bell, Purple Bell, Mini Red Bell and Cubanelle peppers, a BIG sack of Indian Corn, a bag of candy corn with another bag holding two with the suggestion that I might be able to grow my own candy corn!, a bag of dark chocolate (my favorite!) covered cherries, a beautiful spun glass hummingbird and a precious little toad with an umbrella! Also included in this box were things for a trade we had for our Goth/Halloween gardens! These included: Dianthus "Black and White Minstrel', Giant Viper's Blugloss, Viola ' Bowles Black, Coleus 'Palisandra',, Pansy 'Karma Butterfly Blue'. Salvia 'Transylvanica', Bachelor's Button 'Black Ball'Poppy 'Hens and Chicks', Sweet Pea 'King Sized Navy Blue', Malva 'Mystic Merlin', Chinese Witch Hazel, Climbing Bleeding Heart, and Brown Bat Plant (Tacca) to go with the Black one that Nikki sent me several months ago! Hehe, now I just need the white and green...:) To top all this off, Dan included a wonderful birthday card as well as an amusing letter and on the seeds for our trade, a wonderful drawing of a bat! Thank you so much, Dan! That was an AMAZING box!!!!!!

Thank you so much to everyone who has sent me birthday cards! These mean so much to me! I cherish each and every one of them! And my gardens will be much richer this spring!

Kathy

o

Happy Birthday Lisa!!!
Photobucket

o

Kathy I'm glad you will enjoy the seeds I sent ya! That gothic garden sounds like it's really shaping up nicely!

Happy Birthday today to lysa39!! :) Hope it's a nice one!

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Kathy, I am praying for you! I hope that the pains eases soon and you are back on your feet, playing with seeds in no time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYSA!!!! Have a great one!
Nik

o

Lysa where ever you are Happy Birthday.

WOW Kathy that was a great haul and a terrific box from Dan!

o

Thanks Fran for letting us know that Tabor is garden4god. I wanted to make sure we didn't miss anyone.

Happy Birthday to all the January babies! I hope you had/have a great day.

When does Feb. start putting out their list?

Kim

o

Happy Birthday, Lysa!!!

o

Wishing you a Happy Bithday Lysa!

o

I want to wish EVERYONE who has a birthday this month, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I feel so badly that I'm not posting as often as I normally would on our birthday thread. I got a little "swap fever" and started to freak that I didn't have enough veggies for my plantings this year, so I way over joined other swaps. I will be back full force in February when I've had a chance to catch up some. I am trying to read the posts when I get a chance so I do know what all has been going on. It's been a GREAT birthday month for you all!

Blessings,
Angela

o

Happy Birthday Lysa!!!!!

o

Happy birthday to everyone this month. I am with you, Angela. I have to get stuff back in order. I feel kind of discombobulated!

Ellie

o

Happy Birthday Lysa, I hope you had a wonderful day !!!

I will post a thread this week for the Feb bdays , so please be working on your want lists !!

Kathy, I hope you are feeling better !

I think there was a lot of people that jumped in head first to all the swaps, I know i cant wait to see what i get from the seed swap !!

I started my wintersowing today, with Sues help...30 containers done, I am just sooo excited !!

o

Have a Happy Birthday Patsy!

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY dirtduchess, and many more!!!

o

Hey Patsy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Mark

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PATSY! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Melinda

o

Happy Birthday Pasty!!!
Dorothy
Photobucket

o
RE: UPDATE: Birth day Seed Extravaganza January #2

I received another card over the weekend.

Thank you Pasty (dirtdutchess) for the beautiful card.
Is that one of your flowers? Just beautiful!
Thank you very much for the Teddy Bear Sunflowers Seeds.
Your a mind reader, have been thinking about adding some to my want list! LOL
These will be a great start.
Thanks again,
Dorothy
Photobucket

o

Happy Birthday to our resident Dirtduchess! Hope it's a wonderful day for you Patsy!

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Happy Birthday Patsy !! Wishing you a wonderful day !!

o

WOW!! those are some nice seeds!! the kids are helping me with the sending out of seeds, and we made up the cards, print artist, that was fun!! and we are currently filling them and sending, man, its been busy, after the holidays, i've been having a hard time getting back on track, has anyone else? well, to tell you the truth i never really have been on track, but ya know what i mean!! **grin** LOL dan, i'd love to know how you put the pics in that link, that is awesome!! i see people doing that all sthe time, but i never am able to do that. today, tabor got a pellet gun for his birthday. and for christmas he got an airsoft pistol. so now he's all happy!! he can now shoot at squirrels that enter his garden, or the birds that try to pick off his pecans. LOL thanks for the compliment on my website, i honestly thought i'd do terrible at it!! LOL i thought about cutting the bottoms out of some of my 2 ltrs and putting them in place in the garden then planting my seeds in them, then do as you would normally do when winter sowing, just in place. i think i'm going to do a bunch of them that way. then when all is done, i'll just pull the bottle right off, instead of having to deal with the pulling the plant out and all. LOL ~Medo

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/medontdo/01-19-09_1227.jpg
talla's bunnie snow white

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/medontdo/insect animals/DSC01805.jpg
tabors bunnie nibbles cuz she nibbles on everything

Here is a link that might be useful: barehanded totally nutso gardener

o

Ok, as you will soon find out, I don't always have things as organized as I think I do! :)

I thanked dirt dutchess the other day for teddy bear sunflowers and should have thanked dimples(I think)...

But, today I did receive a thank you card from dirtdutchess as well. Thank you and what a great card.

Also, thank you Melinda for the cute card and seeds as well. I'm very excited about all of what you sent!

Thank you all and take care.
Andrea

o

for my "want" for my seeds, i seen someone had foxgloves, i thought, man, i'd love them, last year i had some but they never germinated, this year i'm making a bed especially for them type of tall flowers, i'd love tall snapdragons, foxgloves, anything along that lines, i think that would be totally awesome!! or if anyone can find gumbo lily. **big smile** mine is in febuary, (13) wanna hear something funny? weird? cool? awesome? so is my hubs!! he was born 2 yrs earlier and 12 hrs later than me!! LOL **grinn** ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: barehanded totally nutso gardener

o

Medo - In order to post a picture into a MySpace comment or picture caption, you need to actually type in HTML, the "language" of web pages. What you're typing in is the instructions that says "put that picture, here".

It looks like this:

$img src="" />

(I couldn't get the HTML to show without trying to show a picture, so I had to replace the first "lesser than" symbol with a "dollar sign" symbol to show you the actual code so that you can use it, too. I hope I didn't confuse you.... Just switch the "$" with a "<".)

... Once you have this code written back like it should be, just copy and paste this where you're gonna place your pic, then copy and paste your link to the pic between the quotes and you're done. On the GW "preview" screen you should see your pic, if you did it right, then submit it.

Blessings,
Angela

o
Re: UPDATE: Birthday Seed Extravaganza January #2

Ooooooops, it's not just for MySpace comments (I copied and pasted that text from a tutorial). LOL

Blessings,
Angela

o

Hi,

I was wondering what was decided about the pinata? If I missed what we were doing,sorry.

Andrea

o

Andrea, I think I heard from almost everyone, and they all want to still do the Pinata...My daughter got very sick over night, and I had to rush her to the dr this morning, so i didnt get to the post Office, Ill write tomorrow with the cost of the box.

o

Hope you had a terrific birthday, Patsy.

Betsy

o

For anyone that has PHOTOBUCKET as the picture host in order to do a pic post from them all you have to do is copy and paste the 3rd line under the pic it says: HTML code
that is all you need.

Photobucket
ISN'T THIS CUTE?

o

Good morning everyone! I received several wonderful things in the mail yesterday (gotta love the day after a mail holiday! Shhhhhhh... don't tell DH I said that!) two of which were Birthday cards!!!!

The first was from Patricia (dirtdutchess)who sent me a gorgeous bloom on a card, Patricia, is that one of yours? I'm so envious! and some Teddy Bear Sunflower seeds! Thank you so much!!!

The next is from Holly (riley17) and that little bird perched on top of a sunflower card is so cute! Inside were big, sweet red bell pepper, sweet pepper apple red, and sweet pepper seeds!

And also to mention here is a trade I did with Andrea (appaloosa909) Andrea sent me the sweetest note saying she'd started a new job and some cassia alata seeds I'd been hoping for along with our trade items! :) Thank you Andrea!

LOL, it's like having my birthday for a whole month instead of just on the day! Thank you all so much!!!

Kathy

o

Medo,
I checked out your web page. Wow, what an awesome list of printable seed packet sites. How did you find them all?

o

Kym ~ I hope your lil one is doing better now? It is definitely the season for the 'crud'!

Glad to see everyone is enjoying their birthday MONTHS! :)

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Photobucket

To all of you celebrating January birthdays!

Theresa

o

Hey Kym,

Since everyone else is doing the pinata, I will too.

Andrea

o

thank you, i knew how to do the pic on here, but i didn't want to over load ya'll with pics, well, ya'll r infor it, **grinn**
thanks Cindy!! well, for the last couple of years i've been looking and stuff, so i just copied them down out of my "favorites" LOL just think, i had a TON more!! **smile** but they were kinda useless, LOL i liked these ones :') then before my laptop hardrive crashed i had some in my printartist and they were cool, but i didn't copy them right, so they are the tiny ones in there. Boo Hoo, LOL
i'll get to them sometime. again, but the good news is that i've actually got the darned cards done, the kids FINALLY helped me, i'm one of those people that apparently if i have a secret that i am keeping to protect someone, in this case hubs, then i needed to tell him, cuz my whole stuff was falling apart. seriously. LOL now i got all my seeds done, and now i can get back to my house work, schooling and such!! LOL i totally filled up a walmart black bag!! LOL hubs is gonna freak!! between trades, the two swaps, and one santa swap, i totally forgot about, i think cuz i kept looking for the package and she's my very good friend and you know how you kinda put your great friends on the back burner sometimes, because you know you can, its wierd!! now i feel so bad, but my heart allows me to be me and stuff her box full of seeds, bulbs and hugs!! **great big smile** i know she likes canna's like me!! LOL these will be surprises because i don't know what kind they are!! LOL ~Medo

o

Patsy,
I just want to so thank you so much for the lovely thank you picture you sent me. What a sweet lady. Such pretty blue flowers,I'm sure they are from your garden. I'm not familiar with alot of plants yet... can you tell me what they are?

Medo,
I plan on using those seed packet printouts, so I saved your list on my favorites. You sure sound like a busy lady! Thanks again. : )

Kym,
Sure hope your daughter is okay and that she is able to take it easy for awhile.

So good to hear the rain coming down tonight, I love the rain... we need it so desperately here in California. It will be tough growing the garden I have planned for 2009 if we go onto water rationing. Will have to figure out a way to water through drip irrigation. I'll do everything I can to keep my garden growing and gorgeous! Funny I have this image of a mother hen defending her chicks...lol, except it will be(me)protecting and babying my plants!

Take care Everyone,

o

Good Morning All1

I wanted to come on and post a few thank you's.

I got a funny card loaded with seeds from Dan, some new in packets. Thanks Dan!

i got another from Dimples with joe pye and datura, thank you Dorothy!

and another from I lovefarac with 5 pqackets of seeds.

I hope tp post what was in the cards when I'm feeling better, the arthritis in my neck is acting up and the nerves are on fire again today.

Thank you all for the lovely cards and seeds!!

Lisa

o

Thanks so much for thinking of my daughter, she is doing much better, was just a few rough days, and now I am trying to catch up on some rest myself. 3 nights of no sleep will wipe ya right out.

It sure sounds like all the Birthday Buddies have made out this Month !! I hope you ALL feel as special as you ARE !!

Hugs,

Kym

o

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that Kym. Please, go get rested up... I can only imagine how tiring that was....

Blessings,
Angela

o

Ok, Hope everyone has a great weekend. I rec'd 2 cards yesterday from:

LisaM627_OH_Z6. Thank you so much. Where did you get these cards? They are great. Love the tomatoes.

Also a beautiful card with a poppy on it. Which, ironically is the kind I grew last year. Thank you so much for the tomato and melon seeds Heather,you diva you!

You guys have been great.

Andrea

o

Still getting beautiful cards and seeds. Thank you to all those that have sent Birthday greetings over GardenWeb.

Here are my latest jewels.

plant-one-on-me..chives, mixed bush beans, Aunt Molly's ground cherry (never heard of that one, looked it up and can't wait to harvest this fruit.) tree pumpkin, sweet basil, scarlett runner beans and leeks.

Dan-the-mailman..purple monarda (got to look that one up also) purple majesty millet, chocolate foxglove, wild datura.

Ilovefarac...pink oleander, yellow fig leaf hollyhock, african daisy, dwarf jewel mix nasturtium, jewel mixed white with yellow hollyhocks.

ilndawzica/ca..I hope I read your name correctly. purple angel trumpet,
blue morning glory, sweet basil, and lovely butterfly stickers.

divahethr..flying saucer morning glory and thyme.

Thank you so much for all of you remembering me. This is so much fun. Cindy, I know what you are talking about a drought. We have had less than 1 inch of rain in our area since Dec 1st. I do a lot of watering in the summer.Lucky we have our own water well. It is hot and dry in z7 in Texas. I am like you in babying my gardens. I refuse to let one of plants die.

Thanks again. Get ready February birthdays. You are going to love all the attention you are about to receive.

Patsy
Dirtduchess

o

A special thank you to Heather(divthethr)
Thank you for the nice card and seeds
Money Plant and Dragonfruit!

I also received a note from Andera (appaloosa909)

Thank you both,
Dorothy
Photobucket

o

I have two more thank yous to post tonight.

Divahether,

Thank you for the spinach seeds, they'll make for a tasty summer salad.

Playintheyard, Yes! we are almost neighbors.
Thank you so much for the seeds. Annette sent mg milky way,mixed zinnias,profussion mix and one ofmy most wanted zinnia whirligig.

Lisa

I sent two more January b-day cards out yesterday, check those mailboxes!

o

I received another birthday card yesterday! This was from Heather (divahethr), a beautiful red poppy? on the fromt of the card, a sweet birthday wish inside and Jewels of Opar!, Beautyberry!,and spearmint! Thank you so much Heather! I really wanted those!!

Kathy

o

Hey All you January Birthday Buddies, the month isnt over, keep mailboxing !!!

I am working on the pinata boxes, I am going to be mailing out two of them. I shall do an update tomorrow on them, will be going to the post office.

Also, I have been busy working on some games...so even if ya dont see me, I am as busy as a bee...

Have a wonderful Monday !

o

dirtduchess - What part of Texas are you from? I'm in the West Texas desert of Midland.

Kym - Yes, I have missed you as it does seem you've been very busy. I'm about to be in the same position! I had planned on February wrapping up seed trading and for starting all my plants indoors... Oh, well... I'll be a little later than I thought!

Blessings,
Angela

o

Angela,
I hear you! I had thought by now I would have over half of my winter sowing finished. I'm still working on finding 40 more containers. I'm thinking I won't be finished planting everything till the first week of Feb. We've been getting alot of rain here in North. CA (YES!), so I'll be doing alot of planting inside.
What kind of weather are you getting right now?

Saying hi to Everyone,

o

I belatedly received another Birthday card yesterday! I say belatedly, not because it was late for my birthday, but because the new substitute mail carrier put it in the box of a family on the next street over! Wonder what else of mine they've gotten!! LOL!

This was from Rhonda(rbrady)a wonderful, festive card with a lovely birthday wish and Linaria Morroccana!!, Tovarea "Painter's Palette" and Heuchera "Purple Palace" all BIG wants of mine!! Thank you so much Rhonda!!!

Kathy

o

Angelady,
I live 10 miles south of Decatur, and 35 miles northwest of Fort Worth on a knob of clay dirt. I have lots of gardens dug down 2 ft and good dirt added in to make raised gardens.
Neither rain, (it never rains here)gusting winds, fire ants or scorching heat can deter me from playing in my dirt.

o

angela, you just have a heart of gold!! although, i think scorching heat could and definatly would keep me out of my garden!! it definatly has!! but mostly because with our ks heat come alot of humidity!! which i cannot stand!! i do not see how some people come to ks and just love it!! ks is nice and all but that humidity is awefull!! i have been talking to one of my good gw friends and she was telling me how things are in nc and i'm like, ohhhhh i gotta move there!! which reminds me, i think i mixed up my people with the last post, LOL ahhhh. that's ok, i'm sure i'm not the first one!! **big smile** LOL Hugs ~Medo

o

Cindy - It's been around 80'ish temperature wise, but tomorrow the high is suppose to be 35! If that ain't a crazy change, I don't know what is! We have been wearing much more summer-like clothes than winter lately.

On finding more containers, to my surprise a "wanted" posting on FreeCycle brought me all I could handle of 3 liter soda pop bottles. You might try that...

Kathy - Oh, NO!! I sure hope that doesn't keep happening. At least you got your mail back! I know sometimes when it's delivered to the wrong place, you don't ever get it... yikes...

dirtduchess - Yep, that sounds just like where I live! Although, I do have to say that the sweltering weather will get to me. I do most of my gardening late evening... I know that's weird, but that's all I can hang with except for short bursts out and right back in during the day. LOL

Medo - Yah, we all get mixed up sometimes, no big deal. And, at least we don't get humidity.... It's way too dry for that... I think a little humidity wouldn't hurt, but I sure wouldn't like a whole lot of it.

Blessings,
Angela

o

Oh I am so glad I am not the only one busy busy, I feel like I cant keep up BUT that is cause I just lost a week with K being sick...AND my computer is still down, so this month has been LOOONNG.....not to mention I have had 6 Dr apts, which ALWAYS end up taking most of the day.

I have wintersown 70 containers, and I plan on working on them again tomorrow. I have sat here for days working on packing seeds, and fixing my trade page. I have come to the conclusion there is NO easy way to keep track of haves and wants....LOL

I have also been working on a game, and the two pinata boxes, answering emails, and messages....going to basketball games for my son, shopping for the kids to go to a dance, (which was last Friday night, and went well) shopping for seeds, YES, I bought seeds....and sooo much more...life is too busy..tee hee

Ok, I was soo excited to see that there is a MUCH better selection of seeds out this season, anyone else agree ?? Last year here, they were mostly commons...and Burpee has a lot of their newer seeds here in the stores.

Sooo, would ya like to hear what I found ?? Ok, Ill tell ya...Stevia ( SO excited about this one, now if I can get it to grow), cucumber lemon, BES vine spanish eyes, sunflower hybrid, Amaranthus Chestnut Plumes, Casper Pumpkin, Basil Siam Queen ( licorice scented), Calendula sunshades mix, and Tomato Yellow Pear.

Soo, what cha think ?? Have you found any "gotta have " seeds on the racks ??

Angie, I moved away from the south because of those severe HOT, cant breath or move days...I honestly dont miss it at all. We use to have to let the kids play outside till 9 am, then inside all day....and let them outside after 7 pm.

Well, that is what I have been doing...How is everyone ?? I miss talking with you, and would love to hear how everyone is !!

Hugs

Kym

o

So happy things are going better for you, Kym! I've not gotten to go to the stores the last couple weeks.. pretty much haven't been allowed out of bed :( So I'm looking forward to seeing what's out on the racks this year!

I received another birthday card, this one was from Michele (medontdo)a lovely card that they made and printed! And inside were Szegedi Piros Heirloom Hungarian Paprika Pepper (I'll have to learn more about this and make my own paprika!) and Mixed Lady's Slippers! Yay! I wanted some for my Fairy Garden! Thanks so much, Michele.. to you and Tabor and Talla too! Excellent choices!

HUGS,
Kathy

o

Wheee! I got 2 more cards yesterday. Medo sent me a 'cha cha' birthday song on her pretty birthday card. She also sent me bee balm lavender, and blazing star liatris. Thanks so much. I have never grown liatris before. Ishareflowers sent me a beautiful card. Inside was a pretty paper purse with pink and yellow foxglove seeds. Did you make the little purse? Where did you get the template for it? I am really learning a lot about different flowers through Gardenweb's seed swaps.The best thing about the Santa and Birthday swaps(my first swaps) is gaining all these new friends.

o

Kym - You found Stevia and some other cool things locally!?! That really is amazing! I wouldn't be able to resist, either! The Amaranthus would have been picked up by me as well along with some others. Way to go! I haven't checked this year, but all we usually have are common things. I sure do hope they have some better selections here as well.

Kathy - those sound wonderful! I'm still looking up pretty much everything because I don't know what everything is yet, but I bet those are awesome!

DirtDuchess - Cool, 2 cards in one day! Those cards sound really cool! I agree, the seeds are wonderful, but the best thing about these swaps Kym has hosted for us is the friendship and getting to know our swapping friends better. It ain't half shabby imagining all the big ear to ear grins we're giving to others, either, is it? :-D

Blessings,
Angela

o

Dirtduchess,

I'm glad the card made it to you! I wish I could take credit for the purse seed holders but I can't..I bought them! The are just too darn cute aren't they?

I have a thank you to post as well, Toni(dirtdiggin) sent me an adorable homemade card with purple ruffles basil,flamingo feathers and grape tomatos! Toni, thanks to you I'll save about $10 a week growing my owm grape tomatos instead of buying them.

I have 5 February cards going out on MOnday. Happy Mailboxing to all the February babies!

Lisa

o

Hi everyone,
it's great to read about the cards everyone's getting! Winter sure does s#@$ this year huh? well spring is coming! Take care.

Annette

o

BIRTHDAY Pictures, Images and Photos

Andrea , HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I hope you had a special day !!!

Ok, please post on the FEB thread !!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here