Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daisy_me

UPDATE: Garden Circle Exchange Ring - February

daisy_me
17 years ago

It's February already! In some parts of the country Spring bulbs are beginning to pop up, and hopefully beautiful warm days aren't far behind them. Valentine's Day is around the corner also, so here are wishes of chocolate for everyone!!!

Reminder: If you didn't hear from your pal in some way in January, please let me know immediately. :-)

Comments (64)

• andrea81
    17 years ago

Deb,

I mailed your package out today! Here is the DC#
    0305 1720 0000 8590 1595

Hope everyone is having a nice week. Talk to you all soon!
    Andrea

• etravia
    17 years ago

Stephanie,
    Your package is on the way! & I'm sending some warmer weather (15-20 degrees) Woo Whoo! Happy Valentines Day to All
    Maggie

• faintheart
    17 years ago

Maggie,

Your package will be on the way tomorrow...just adding a few finishing touches. Will post DC# tomorrow. Ummmmm.....could you send a little warm weather this way too pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? ;)

Dee

• faintheart
    17 years ago

Mariann,

I am soooo sorry...I thought I'd posted over the weekend but between figuring new work budgets and getting ready for a tax appt., I must not have. :(

Thank you SOOOOO much for my February goodies! I LOVE the book!!! I've never seen "A Year of Flowers" before and it is so sooooo neat! I spent a little time looking at it while "taking a break" from the numbers over the weekend. Now I know what to do with my amaryliss that is currently blooming when it is finished. All the seeds are wonderfullll too! I spent my "unwind time" tonight looking them all up and some are new to me. I hadn't gotten any snaps yet and the Flying Saucer morning glories will be so pretty! Thank you again!!!

Hope you are having a glorioussssssss time in warmer Florida and the storms are not affecting your vacation. Waiting to see those vacation pics on your return! :)

hugsssssssss,
    Dee

• daisy_me
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm soooo sorry I've been MIA for the last week or so! Work has been nuts and won't be slowing down for a few more days....I'm spending more time here right now than I am at home.

Deb--I got your package but will have to post details later, I've only got a second right now but wanted to let you know it did arrive. Thanks!

Susan--yours didn't go out till Monday so hopefully you got it yesterday or today.

Stay warm ladies!

• faintheart
    17 years ago

awwwwww, Kelli...don't you just hate when work actually gets to be.... well....more work than you want! Been that way here too with new budget proposals, current budget reviews, etc. but I do see a little light at the end of the tunnel. Hope you do too!!! We've got a b-day to celebrate in a couple weeks. ;)

Maggie, your Feb package is leaving Iowa tonite. DC # 0306 0320 0000 5527 5295...hopefully it will arrive soon! :)

Nightnurse, that flower pic is just what was needed here! Beautiful beautiful blooms!!! I am sooo ready for Spring to come....and soon! lol

Stephanie...I had to giggle when I read your line about the possibility of pushing the deadline. It happens to most of us from time to time. :) I thought...oh pushing the deadline...a little behind...now a little behind would be so much better than the BIG one I deal with. *giggles* (I know...I am losing my marbles...it's so sad. lol)

Marie, is a break in this cold coming east? Have you got bunches of snow in WY? More on the way here tonite but it IS a little warmer...think we reached 10* today! Yaaaaayyyyy!!!

Alicia, hope you have a great time in the Mexican sun! Bring it back with you please!

Deb...was wondering if you've got some baby AV's to keep you thinking warm temps and warmer weather?

Andrea, is all of Indy still celebrating the big win? What a triumph for a great coach and the team! How old are the boys? They MUST be Colts fans? :)

Jeanne...any signs of Spring yet or are you still feeling the cold wave too?

My apologies if I've missed anyone. I've got the day off tomorrow and feel like chatty Kathy tonite...I know...slap me silly (er)!!! \*giggles\* (Anyone remember chatty Kathy or am I showing my age?) \*gulp\*
  • andrea81
    17 years ago

Dee,
    Yes people are still celebrations here! I am not a big professional sports person and even I am excited about them winning! I am especially excited because Tony Dungy is such an awesome person. The whole organization is very upstanding and I'm not just saying that because I'm from Indiana, lol. My two year old doesn't understand much about it but my (just turned) 5 year old was super excited. He watched the game twice with his dad (we recorded it). He wants a colts shirt but they are just so expensive! I will wait until the excitement dies down a bit and I'm sure they will go down in price (at least on Ebay anyway, lol).

I hope all is well with everyone tonight. It is freezing still here and the blower went out on my Jeep so I had to take Ethan to preschool with no heat this morning. BRRR!
    My husband is working on it as we speak in the dark. I hope he gets it fixed, it sure is hard to drive in the freezing cold with foggy windows, not to mention my kids getting so cold.
    Talk to you all soon,
    Andrea

• wynative
    17 years ago

Faintheart and all concerned: We had some really nice weather here earlier this week - 50+!! It was so great not to have to wear the Carharts, gloves, earmuffs, hat and all the other stuff, just to go out for the mail =)

Andrea - my son is a HUGE Colts fan and we were very excited that they STOMPED all over 'Duh Bears'! hehehehe Hope that your heater is fixed - waaaaay to chilly to be without one.

Have a great weekend,
    Marie

• wynative
    17 years ago

Stephanie ~ what a great box! I can always use more seeds - the only problem is that I 'have' to plant each and everyone...

Stephanie sent me Goblin Gaillardia & Zinna seeds :) along with tomatoes, okra (Ken says 'thanks!') and spinach seeds - Megin is already planning on all the spinach dip we will be making this summer :) I also recieved red and white heart shaped candles, 2 packages of Hot Choc. - this is most welcome, as the weather has turned very chilly again. and some really neat instructions & pics of terrariums made from old bird feeders and other house hold glass. Meg want to put one together this weekend!

Sorry to hear about your car trouble... At least Aaron was with the sitter ~ Having one like yours is PRICELESS! I had a wonderful lady for Meg ~ she even kept her for 4 days when I had surgery and would come to my house for a couple hours each day for 2 weeks to help. I tried nominating her for Sainthood but they said she didn't qualify... hehehehe

I hope your scope went smoothly, you are feeling well and it was nothing to serious. I had one a couple years ago and it didn't bother me at all, except for the nasty stuff I had to drink the night before ~ YUCK!

Faintheart ~ for some reason I didn't finish the above post.... TGIF! The warm weather hopefully will make it to your part of the country but the bad news is that cold weather is following it. Oh, I am soooo ready for SPRING!

Marie

• pastvast
    17 years ago

Thanks Maggie! That was a wonderful Valentines Day box. It was so much fun to open and go through!!

Maggie sent me a box full of Valentines day goodies, including a mug full of chocolate (who can go wrong with chocolate?!), a CD of love songs, a gardening book (how awesome!!), and numerous other items which all made me smile. The funnest item was lip gloss that tastes like a chocolate dessert. I immediately had to put some on and then had to go *share* with dh. He says "Thanks!"

Marie: all went well yesterday. And yes... the worst part was the night before. I used white grape juice to mix the stuff in and drink... it will be a long time before I can drink white grape juice again. Yuck.

Gotta go! Take care and stay warm Ladies!!
    -Stephanie

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    17 years ago

Kelli, I got your package yesterday and oh boy!!!!! It was so much fun diggin through the box. There was a definite theme going on! I have been so into Valentine's this year for some reason and pink anything is my favorite, so each thing I pulled out made me ohh and ahhh. There was a wonderful pink stawberry scented gel candle full of chunky hearts, a valentines box of Reese peanutbutter cups!!! woohoooo, a beautiful silver pendant with a pink stone (WOW), Little Debbie Marshmallow treats with a Valentine them going on, a little tiny pot with a pink aster seed ready to grow in it, a pretty emory board decorated in red/pink strawberries and my favorite part of the theme..the seeds!! Kelli you are so clever. Last month it was the "winter and ice" theme. This month love and romance..Red Enchantment Convolvulus, Lavatera Beauty Mix, Country Romance Hollyhock Mix, Sunrise Serenade Morning Glory (I love these!) and the very fitting 'Falling in Love' Shirley Poppy. Can't wait to see these bloom! I hope to start sowing some seeds this weekend. My "winter sowing" is pretty late! I hope I remembered to mention everything and I can't thank you enough! It was a wonderful package.

Norma your package just went out today. Sorry about that but the weekends are kind of it for me and doing things like that and I wasn't ready last weekend!! hehe Hope everything makes it to you safe and sound.

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I received Andrea's package today, Andrea sent an adorable hummingbird figurine, potholder (grapes), 3 really nice thick kitchen towels (grapes), Russel Stover chocolates, box Brach's hearts, "A Cup of Friendship book" & "Quick and Easy Meals" book.

Thanks so much Andrea! Anything with grapes (or olives, colorful roosters) go perfectly in my kitchen!

Hugs,
    Deb

• abcgirltx
    17 years ago

Howdy y'all, hope those of you in the path of the big snowstorm in the states are doing okay. From talking to our folks in the Chicago area, sounds like it's shutting down a lot of things today because the roads are so bad. In the meantime, it's sunny and hot here in Mexico!

Mariann, I don't know when you were coming back from Florida, so I mailed your box before I left - that would have been last Wednesday. Nothing in it that cold weather would hurt I don't think, so whenever you're home it should be there for you.

Alicia

• etravia
    17 years ago

Dee - Rec'd the package yesterday! Oh how I love chocolate & pretzels. Sweet & salty! Yum. I also got a wonderful bath set with body wash, lotion & rose petal soap! And I can't wait to plant the zinnia's. They are one of my favorite flowers (their easy to grow!). Also rec'd a baggie of chocolate goodies, & a candle that smells so good. It reminds me of Jovan "White Musk", which is also one of my favorite scents. Thank you Dee! BTW, snowing in Northern Indiana. Cold, windy, slippery, sloppy, nasty weather! Come on spring!
    Maggie

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

Just stopping by to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow.
    It has been warm here the last few days but that warm weather can be tricky, too, we had a tornado watch this evening.

• faintheart
    17 years ago

Maggie, I am so glad your package arrived! I was beginning to panic as it seemed to take foreverrrrr! DD and I had fun making those pretzels. ;)

Mariann, thank you for the postcard! It sounds like you are having a super time. Wishing you safe travels on your return home.

Everyone...have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Keep warm with those dear to your heart!!! ;)

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Deb

• fabraholic216
    17 years ago

Just a quick note to let you know I'm mailing Jeane's package out tomorrow. Sorry to push the deadline but this month has been crazy. Thanks and I hope everyone has had a great Valentine's Day.
    Hugs,
    Stephanie F.

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

Thanks for letting me know, Stephanie. I am flying up to NY for the weekend, but my husband will be here so I'll have him watch for a package. I hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day and that your little girl is feeling better.

Sandlapper

• bigmama4ever
    17 years ago

got my box full of goodies, mm for munching,candles with container.the cuttest crocheted heart, its on my frig. freesia one of my favorite scents, soap ,candle and body wash. Im knniting a shawl with that kind of yarn (fun furr) so imagine my suprise when i saw the one that was going to complete it.. ill send you a pic when im done susan..and keep those lights coming jaja

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    17 years ago

Happy to hear the package got there Norma. The yarn was a last minute throw in..what a nice coincidence it will go well with your shawl. I'd love to see a pic. I have been keeping busy this winter with various crochet projects..including that little heart. Hey..I also want to see a pic of what you do with all of those lights!!

• fabraholic216
    17 years ago

I mailed Jeanne's package out yesterday and she should get it in a few days. I got Norma's package today and oh my, is it lovely! I got: 3 caladium tubers and a caladium plant, 2 beautiful windchimes, 2 strands of pretty white lights, and homemade chocolate chip, nut, and coconut cookies in a pretty spring container. My daughter and I have already enjoyed some of the cookies and they are great. Thank you so much Norma! I love everything!
    Hugs,
    Stephanie

• bigmama4ever
    17 years ago

steph. the one you think is a caladium is a pink arrow head, all of the ones that were wraped are arrow heads..susan ill send pics of the lights as soon as im done and of my shawl.. theres a show on hgtv i record everyday its called kitty gritty it gives me some ideas to crochet or knit.. there was one show on triangles, so i made my grandkids some ponchos , and my daughter too, some boleros, and my shawl i just decided to add the funn furr. i went to big lots yesterday and found some for a dollar, compared to 2 or 3 at wally world, and i wanted to add that im having so mich fun sending and rec those boxes cant wait for the next one, hope theres some plants in it( hint hint)..

• etravia
    17 years ago

Dee,
    Just had my first chocolate pretzel. Wow! Are those good! Chocolate AND caramel! I could eat them all...but I will share them with the other chocoholic in the house! Here is a picture of my bloomin African Violet! MakeS me want spring to hurry!

Thanks!
    Maggie

• faintheart
    17 years ago

Maggie,

I won't even TELL how many of those pretzels I've eaten since we made them. :p Your AV is beautiful!!! The two I have here at home are protesting and need repotting. lol

Hubby and I spent the day out together and he is going to make me a vine pole from plans I found online! We got the wood, etc. he needs. Woooohooooo!!! I'll post a link to the plans if anyone is interested. I am "thinking" Spring even if we have ice covered roads and snow all over the place. ;)

Hugsssssss,
    Dee

Here is a link that might be useful: Vine Pole

• galium
    17 years ago

Arrived home from Florida today. We had a great time. I met another GW member. She lives on the island where we stayed. Had a great visit with her. We also went to the Marie Selby Botanical Garden in Sarasota. I just love all the tropical plants.

Dee, I hoped you received the post card.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• etravia
    17 years ago

Dee - Talk about coincidences! I cut & pasted the instructions for that same vine pole last September! It looked simple, sturdy & inexpensive. Maybe I'll give my DH a winter project! What good are all those tools if he never uses them!
    Take care.
    Maggie

• abcgirltx
    17 years ago

Mariann - welcome home, sounds like you had a good time. Did you receive my package?

Alicia

• galium
    17 years ago

Alicia thank you for the wonderful gifts.

I received a heart basket and in it was a ceramic heart shaped candy dish filled with Ghiradelli chocolates and milk chocolate hearts. I'll have to hide these from my DH he's already eying them. Also nonstick heart egg/pancake rings, an adorable mini 2 picture frame, a book Bel Canto by Ann Patchett (looking forward to reading this). Last but not least seeds-Beauty Berry, Jules Of Opar and Ruellia(tall purple).

You put a lot of thought and Valentine's Day wishes in the box.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

I received my package from Stephanie today. Thanks so much and sorry to hear you have been sick. Whatever I caught in January stuck with me for the whole month making me feel bad so there is some nasty stuff going around.
    Anyway, for my package - I got some yummy chocolate (so glad to get it today before Lent starts), some lily bulbs. These are pink and look like they will be really pretty. I switched one of my gardens to pink, blue, and white in the fall so they will look really nice in there. I also got a pretty dish towel, lots of different types of tea bags - which I will really enjoy, Johnny Jump Up seeds, Forget-Me-Nots, and a wonderful hand-embroidered sachet that Stephanie made. It is grapefruit scented which is a fragrance that I really like. How did you guess? ... and that is so special to have something that you made. Anyway, this is my day for meetings. My quilt group met earlier today and this evening I go to an herb group meeting so I'll say good-bye for now.
    Thanks again, Stephanie, and hope you are feeling much better.
    Sandlapper

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    17 years ago

Norma..caught that hint *wink wink*. It's still very much winter here, so the pickins are slim in the plant department, but maybe next month things will look up! There are a few things starting to pop up though. Here is a little dwarf iris that opened this past weekend.

I'll have to look into that Kitty Gritty show. I don't get to watch HGTV as much as I use to before I got remarried hehe. That and the Food Channel use to be my entertainment! But I do have a DVR so hey..I can watch whatever..whenever right?

I am enjoying reading about everyone's goodies

• galium
    17 years ago

I forgot to mention that Alicia also sent me a bag of pink and white pasta shaped like hearts. They are so cute.

Dee, thank you for the Valentine's Day Card.

Does anyone have ideas for homemade decorative plant labels. I'm tired of the metal one's I use. I'd really appreciate it.

Mariann

• faintheart
    17 years ago

Hi Girls!

Hope everyone is enjoying warmer/nicer weather. It's been close to 50 here for two days and everyone's mood seems to be brighter! Sleet and snow are predicted for the weekend but the last few days remind us all that Spring WILL be coming. :)

Mariann, glad you the card was there on your return. I had to google the botanical garden after I got my postcard from you and it looks like a beautiful retreat from the cold weather. I think I could have spent days there. :)

As for different ideas for plant labels...a friend of mine makes some unusual ones for her hosta collection. She gets alphabet beads from a craft store and wires the names together and "hangs" them on an eye shaped hook near each plant. I was gifted with one last summer. I'll try to get out there when it isn't quite so muddy and get a pic for you. Another idea I've seen is to get the smaller size terra cotta pots and using them upside down write the name of the cultivar on the rim with a paint pen. Then decorate the pot itself with a "picture". The pot was then placed on a "stake" of some type with a washer and bolt holding the pot in place. I'll see if I can't get more details on that one. Others I've seen have used larger stones or rocks and "paint penned" the name on them to be placed near the plant. I'm sure others have some ideas to share!

Maggie...I "think" DH was worried about a gift for my upcoming b-day so was very relieved to grab those plans for the vine pole! lol

Dee

• wynative
    17 years ago

Nightnurse - Those IRIS are beautiful!! Lucky you - still VERY much winter here, wont have anything bloom until March/April... Do you happen to know what their name is? I would love to add some to my collection. I only have one mini right now - it is purple also but I haven't seen it bloom. The man that I got it from say's that it smells like Magnolia's. Is your's scented?

Marie

• galium
    17 years ago

Nightnurse, those irises are beautiful. Spring is in the air I just feel it.

Dee, thanks for the suggestions for labeling my plants. I think I'll try the terra cotta pots for my daylilies. What a great idea. If you or anyone comes up with anything else let me know.

The Academy Awards are Sunday. My daughter and I usually spend the night together and watch them. It's a tradition with us. Of course her fiancée will have to sleep on the couch. We use a check off sheet and make our own guesses who will win. Who ever has the most correct guesses is treated to lunch and a movie. Last year we were both even.

Mariann

• faintheart
    17 years ago

Mariann,

Glad I could think of something that might be a new idea for you! (I just couldn't remember where I saw it...till this morning! lol) I didn't recall it quite correctly but I've gotten more details and permission to share a pic with you. Here's the pic...

Here is my friend Fran's explanation: "The stake is a threaded pipe I bought at the farm store, just had DH cut into 18" lengths. There is a washer and a bolt under, then the pot, then another washer and bolt on the top. Total cost was $1.25 each, I was trying to get cost under $1... and I wrote the names on with an outdoor paint pen. I left the backside of the pot blank so that "someday" I can actually paint pretty designs on them." She also said she writes all the details inside the pot...i.e. Hybridizer, year of regis., etc. Then with a quick turn of the bolt you can remove the pot and find the details.

Hope that helps to "visualize" the idea. :)

Dee

• galium
    17 years ago

Dee, I bought 6 small terra cotta pots yesterday. I didn't buy the paint pens though. There was no indication that they were for outdoor use. So I bought outdoor craft paint and brushes. I still need a pipe or something to stick in the ground. Looking forward to this project.

Thanks,
    Mariann

• nightnurse1968 (Suzy)
    17 years ago

Marie that iris is called Purple Gem I believe. It is definitely a little attention getter! I will have to get down on the ground and give them a sniff then let you know. I have one daffodil on the verge of bloom...Woohooo!

Cute little markers Dee. Looks a lot better than the blinds and popsicle sticks I have sticking up everywhere.

• galium
    17 years ago

Dee (faintheart)

Glitter Text

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

Not only is it Dee's birthday, it is also Kelli's birthday.
    We need a double celebration!

{{gwi:1242138}}

{{gwi:1242138}}

Have a wonderful day, birthday girls!
    Jeanne

• galium
    17 years ago

I thought Kelli's birthday was tomorrow.

glitter text

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

KELLI & DEE,

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

Whew, Galium, you had me worried there for a minute. LOL
    I went back to January and looked at the list. Here it is in case anyone is watching for the birthdays to come along.

Our Birthday List.....

Nightnurse1968 Jan 5
    Daisy_Me Feb 26
    Faintheart Feb 26 (my favorite day!)
    Sandlapper Rose Mar 29
    Bigmama4ever May 4
    Abcgirltx May 19
    Galium Jul 17
    Etravia Jul 27
    Andrea81 Aug 4
    Wynative Aug 23
    Pastvast Oct 3
    Debbya Dec 17
    Fabraholic216 Dec 22

Sandlapper

• etravia
    17 years ago

{{gwi:1242141}}

• faintheart
    17 years ago

Awwwwwwwww...thank you ALL so much!!! It's been a bit of a depressing day as this is a big one. 40 didn't bother me much but this one seems to be.

Mariann, thank you soooo much for the card! It was nice to come home from work and find well wishes from many friends.

Happy Birthday, Kelli!!!
    Hope you are having a great day filled with lots of smiles and wishing you many joys in the year ahead! Keep watch on your snail mail. ;)

• etravia
    17 years ago

Kelli / Daisy - You know who you are!!!!! Happy Birthday
    Maggie

• daisy_me
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Boy have I been a non-existent hostess this month! Work has been really crazy. Corporate keeps coming up with these extra team building type projects for everyone that are really cutting into actual work time! I'm not sure when they expect us to get our actual work done...

Thanks to everyone for the Birthday wishes! It was a good day. Went to the Orchid Show at the Botanical Garden, then out for pizza at a delicious brick oven pizza place.

Happy Belated Birthday and thank you to Dee/Faintheart! My B-day Sis sent me a cute little garden tile for my birthday. Hope you had a good day also. I was dreading my b-day a little this year also....I'm watching the years tick away and I'm not liking it too much!

Deb/Debbya thanks again for the wonderful box you sent this month! I love the windsock, it's going to look so cute blowing in the wind! And the Candy was of course a big hit, always is. Did you make the soaps? They smell divine! Thanks also for the birthday packets of seeds. I'm going to be busy, busy, busy planting them this weekend. It's a great selection.

Jeanne/Sandlapper, thank you for the birthday seeds also! It was really good to hear from you. I'm starting a lot from seed this year so that was perfect timing. :-)

-------------------------------------

Now for Garden Circle news....

We've unfortunately had someone have to leave the circle this month due to personal reasons. The people affected will receive an e-mail from me tonight with the information for your new pal.

And as a reminder, if you did not hear from your pal in some way, shape, or form this month please let me know as soon as possible!

• faintheart
    17 years ago

Maggie...if that is a pic of your back yard on my b-day...MAKE ROOM cuz I am movin!!! ;) I loved seeing those blooms in Feb.

Kelli...glad it got there on "our" day!!! I know how it is to have so much work and not enough time. Glad you had a good day!!! I'm feeling better about it now...much better than the alternative. :)

Hope our member who chose to leave is okay. Come back and visit when you can.

~Faint

• wynative
    17 years ago

Kelli - I didn't recieve the infomation. You may have to snail mail it to me???

Thanks,
    Marie

• etravia
    17 years ago

Dee,
    That is indeed my backyard...I have been blessed to live on a tiny piece of paradise, (except for the 4 deer that were eating plants yesterday)!
    I hope no one on line here has been hit by the horrible storms today. They looked really nasty.
    Take care
    Maggie

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH