Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
earthlydelights_gw

UPDATE: obf february - loveyalikeasister

earthlydelights
15 years ago

Our Bloomin' Friends is a year round trade group. If you are interested in joining, please post and a group leader Veeja(Carol) or Brittneysgran(Shirley.) will be more than happy to discuss our group with you.

As you know, this month we are celebrating our gardening sisters.

Here are Melissa's original guidelines:

Each package must contain 3 things:

~A homemade or store-purchased Valentine card

~A sweet treat or candy (perhaps your partner's favorite?)

~A special "I appreciate your friendship" gift. (This can be ANYTHING that you know your partner will enjoy, such as a gardening item, seeds, plant, book, lotion, windchime, candle...ANYTHING! Be creative & have fun with this!)

3) Packages must be mailed out no later than Feb. 20th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

PARTNERS:

Brittneysgran sends to Squanzon/Sue

DIGGINDIRT49 sends to Veeja/Carol

Dieg01991 sends to SandlapperRose/Jeanne

Drgulley sends to Remy/Remy

Earthly Delight sends to Margaret2007/Margaret

Fcoffill sends to Theresa24/Theresa

Ilovefarac sends to EarthlyDelight/Maryanne

Margaret 2007 sends to Mellen/MaryEllen

Mellen sends to Ilovefarac/Melinda

Remy sends to WYNATIVE/Marie

Sandlapper Rose sends to Brittneysgran/Shirley

Squanzon sends to Fcoffil/Frances

Theresa24 sends to Drgulley/Dianne

Veeja11 sends to Dieg01991/Amy A.

Wynative sends to DIGGINDIRT49/Bev

HAVE FUN....

Maryanne

(sitting in for melissa this month)

Comments (118)

• drgulley
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Remy, your box is on it's way and should be waiting for your when you get back. I hope you have a safe trip. My boyfriend can be a bad driver too sometimes. He can get very impatient. Those are the worst kind. LOL...

Theresa, looks like we sent out our boxes on the same day. I will let you know when I get mine. This is so much fun! :O)

Melissa, the pictures of Lili are adorable. You have a box on the way as well. Had intended on getting it out sooner but it has been crazy at work. Not enough hours in the day.

Maryanne, the cake you made on Valentine's sounds really cute. Would love to see pictures.

Mary Ellen, I am sorry to hear about your friend.

Carol, I bet you are happy that all of the hustle and bustle of Valentine's is over. I can see why you didn't want hubby to buy flowers. LOL...

Frances, it sounds like you have more blooming than I do. I am still waiting for my first daylily to open up. Seems like I have been waiting forever. I may have to try hit you up about getting that Angel Wings Lotus there locally and I will pay you for it plus the shipping. If you wouldn't mind. It is so pretty. I would love to have one in my pond and I have been searching for one ever since you posted that picture on the other forum and no luck, notta.

Glad to hear you had a nice birthday Melinda. I bet the surprise party was a lot of fun.

Jeanne, you have 56 jugs planted with seeds? Wow. I have a hard enough time keeping up with all my other plants. I guess that's why I am not much of a seed collector at the moment. Trying to keep everthing else alive keeps me busy.

Dianne

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Hi Dianne
    I guess you must mean the other Frances in NC(there are two of us) practically neighbors. I don't have anything as exotic as a Lotus! ;) I am much too stingy with water for that! ha ha ha I envy you your daylily! mine are just starting to emerge and buds are still months away!

Bev
    I am with you I want my roses to have bushes attached! Although some of the colours I have seen in bouquets lately have me scanning the mail order catalogues (even though I would never think of growing those kinds of roses)

Remy
    Have a safe trip!

I am ready to start potting up my indoor sown seedlings they are already getting too big for the trays! Almost finished with seeds for this season, just a few more annuals and warm season veggies to go.

Have a great day everyone!

Frances

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

I recieved a beautiful Valentine from Sue today!

There were chocolate hearts and tiny red roses and a candle warmer (this seems like such a cool idea, I can't wait to try it) a crystal votive and scented candles, I am not sure what the fragrance it yet, but it floaated out of the box when I opened it!

I have tried in the past to picture Sue's garden (we have swapped plants and seeds before) the little roses are so incredible and these will be lovely with the yellows she sent me last fall!

Thank you so much

Frances

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hi everyone!
    Jeanne, I am so glad to hear that your box made it on Valentine's day!! That was my goal. :-)

I am with you Dianne, it's so much work to just maintain the plants I have!! lol! But I have been starting to mentally prepare for my seed sowing for this year. I want to do some winter sowing, but I think I will wait to get started for another month or so. Last year, I started in December and most of my containers that i started that early didn't do anything. The ones I started later did much better.

Have a great night everyone...tomorrow is Friday!!
    Amy A.

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

UPDATE

Brittneysgran sends to Squanzon/Sue - RECEIVED
    Dieg01991 sends to SandlapperRose/Jeanne - RECEIVED
    Earthly Delight sends to Margaret2007/Margaret
    Fcoffill sends to Theresa24/Theresa - RECEIVED
    Ilovefarac sends to EarthlyDelight/Maryanne - RECEIVED
    Margaret 2007 sends to Mellen/MaryEllen - RECEIVED
    Sandlapper Rose sends to Brittneysgran/Shirley - RECEIVED
    Squanzon sends to Fcoffil/Frances - RECEIVED

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Everyone has probably already seen it, but anyway, I posted the March Swap. It has to do with critters, plants, and seeds. (I hope it's okay to call gnomes and fairies "critters." Mostly it is used with animals, frogs, toads, bugs, etc. As someone pointed out, probably not appropriate to use that term for angels.)
    So, look for "Our Green Garden Friends" with a little longer title of "Frogs, Fairies, Gnomes and Other Green Garden Friends." Several have signed up already. I am so excited to be able to send and receive a plant. If my winter sowing cooperates and my pal doesn't mind, I might add a few extra little plants taken from my winter sowing containers.
    The month of February is going by so quickly. I hope March slows down a bit. Of course, I say this in terms of being able to enjoy moderate temperatures (I work in the garden at this time of the year and in late fall - forget doing much in the summer) and I really want to get more winter sowing accomplished. I know some of you are ready to get to May! LOL
    Jeanne

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Well, Dianne, I did get your box out but not until today. At least I made it by the deadline. It has been an awful week and it couldn't be helped. I hope you like it. DC# 03080730000114459926

Our school district was just informed that we will lose 43 million dollars next year due to less revenue from the state. That means drastic and deep cuts to jobs, salaries, and programs such as sports. I will probably be laid off since I don't have much seniority but I am looking into job sharing with some more senior teachers. Hopefully I will find something. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I will not know anything for at least a few weeks though. It is so hard not knowing.

I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Hope those of you up north get some warm temps soon. It has been nice here but down to the low 30's tonight :(

I guess I will be sitting out of the swaps for a while until I can get my job situation in order but I will be around and still plan on hosting in July :)

Theresa

• mellen
    15 years ago

Melinda, I have your box all packed and ready to go but no transportation at the moment. I was headed to PT this morning. I had another stop to make on the way. I went down a road that said the bridge was out, but I took it anyway just to see what was going on. The bridge WAS out so I was backing up the road to the nearest driveway so I could turn around. Then BANG!!! I ran into the driveway person's mailbox. It scratched and dented and blew the window out of the back passenger side of the car. What a mess! The mailbox wasn't it that bad of shape, though. It was "planted" in concrete so I just messed up the platform it was sitting on. The fella the mailbox belonged to just happened to be outside. Had not met him before even though they are only a couple of miles away. But I met the couple NOW! So with a window out and hubby not home, I didn't make it to the post office nor to my appt. Plus we are in a winter snow advisory for tonight with 2-4" with high winds. I took a tarp and closed it in the door over the window. Hopefully, it will keep the snow out.I will try to make it on Monday.

Melissa, good to hear from you. Lots of people worried about you. Can you tell?

Carol, I can't imagine that many roses. Are you sick of the smell?

I have been wintersowing and regular sowing. Have got LOTS done. I am trying to use up as many of my seeds as I can so have made a respectable dent in them. Hope the WS ones grow. I didn't have much luck the last time I tried it.

Sounds like some lovely boxes have been received. Margaret, I LOVED those chocolate/caramel hearts that you sent. My favorite combination!

I am going to try going back to work again on Monday. 1/2 days again this time in the mornings. I don't have to climb as many steps in the mornings.

That's about it here. Have a safe and wonderful week-end, everyone.
    Mary Ellen

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Carol is an idiot !!! I got an address from Bev, so sent a pkg to her. did not get an addy from Amy, if someone will send it to me I will get another box out, or Wynative if you haven't mailed yet, could you send to Amy, just let me know. hugs stupid carol

• diggindirt49
    15 years ago

Carol...It does get confusing. Like I said I stay confused too. I haven't recieved it yet, but if you sent me the wrong box, I can forward it on to the right person. Not a problem. Just send me the name and address.
    The weather has been beautiful here for the last 2 days. I heard on the news you gals in the midwest and northeast are going to catch it this week-end. I know we're all dreaming of spring and mother nature just keeps playing with us. Hope everyone has a great week-end. Bev

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Oh Mary Ellen, I feel so bad that all that happened to you! Maybe that was saying I should have just stayed home and relaxed!
    I know you will mail when you can. I am in no hurry, so don't rush yourself trying to send! Take your time and send when you can!
    Melinda

• mellen
    15 years ago

LOL Yep, I should have just stayed in bed. LOLOL Melinda, you are so sweet!
    ME-Mary Ellen

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Bev, I picked the box out for you so please keep it. Amy please send me your address. I will be late but will get your box out. sorry for my confusion, my busy month, had brain freeze, sorry Bev please enjoy your extra box.Mellen watch out for those fast moving mail boxes hugs carol

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Ladies-What a great box I rec'd today from that special lady-Maryanne.I woke up this morning to a white swirling world with fresh snow & a mighty wind blowing. Sitting at the computer I see the mail lady back into my drive with a box just for me! I hope I don't forget to list any of the contents that I received in it.

Everything in this box was wrapped just wonderful & I can tell special thoughts went into the preparing of it. Made me feel so special--A darling green frog-I love frogs & made me think of the next RR posted by Jeanne, wonderful organic teas-Passionate Peach, Coconut Chai, Raspberry Earl Grey, & Gypsy Love (don't those sound great)?, a jar of home made Orange Marmalade which I will try on my toast tomorrow morning, a darling windchime (thank you for checking my wants, I love them), a floral notepad that contains a matching pen & magnet, notepaper with the saying from God's word "My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth (which I confess that is where I seek my help from) and talk about candy, the greatest caramels (different flavors) & a box of white & milk chocolates with the sweetest card. I must say, dear Lady, you made my day for many days to come!

Maryanne-I wanted to send you an email but couldn't find one for you. I want to thank you for choosing to send to me & to take over when Melissa wasn't able to due to all the happenings in her world. It has been a great RR made possible by your willingness to help out! Blessings, Margaret

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Theresa-So sorry to hear you may be laid off. So many people are losing their jobs here. My Son-In-Law was laid off last Thursday.

Mellen-Sorry to hear that about your car. Glad your neighbors were not upset with the situation. Good luck with your 1/2 days of working.

Nice swap boxes still being received.

Tuesday morning I was up and getting ready for work and just bent over to pick up my iron and my lower back went out. I have been in so much pain it is unreal. I finally broke down and went to the Dr. Friday. I really wanted to go to a chiropractor but since I have osteoporosis that was out. The pain has moved down into my hips now and it is so hard to sit, stand or sleep. The pain medicine he prescribed is helping some.

I ask that everyone please pray for my Mom. She was taken to the emergency room early this morning and was having seizures. The Doctor was talking to her when she had one so he saw it right on.

Shirley

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Carol!!! You are too funny. Don't worry about sending another box to me, not a big deal. Everyone makes mistakes, I totally understand. Ha, ha, you're not an idiot. I will send you my address just in case, but don't feel like you need to send me anything. :-)

Amy A.

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Poor Big Sis Carol! The flowers really DID get to you, didn't they? :O) No more petal sniffing for YOU, lady!

Maryanne~ I received your box, and I just wanted to say THANK YOU! Lili wore her dress to church yesterday, and I have to admit...Adora ran away with the pumpkin costume. LOL She's tiny for her age, and this was her size exactly. I haven't gotten her to take it off since Friday! (she did consent to wear it UNDER her church dress, though! She was a "princess pumpkin") And Lili just loves the toys, too. So THANK YOU, you made our day!! :O)

Diane~ I received your box, too...and I know I"m a bit late in getting a THANK YOU to you, but we have been enjoying everything you sent as well. It was really very sweet of you to send a box for us! :O)

MaryEllen~ Oh, do watch out for those "fast moving mailboxes"! They have tree friends that like to play, too! :O) Ugh, it makes me cringe to hear about your car! I'm glad that it wasn't worse than that, though.

Shirley~ I hope you feel better soon! Wish there was a magic pill I could send to you. :O(

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Maryanne~ Email me & let me know if there is anything you'd like me to help out with, or if you'd like me to take back over with the swap. You're doing a WONDERFUL job, but it was a responsibility that I signed up for....so I feel badly for not being able to see it through. Just let me know either way, please? :O)

Melissa

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

good morning everyone.

margaret, i'm so glad you received and enjoyed your box. it was a pleasure putting it together for you. i hope to share some plants with you in the (planting) future.

melissa, i'm so glad you received your box. it should have gone out before it did, but better late than never. i couldn't resist that halloween outfit, glad adora is getting use out of it. i remember a long time ago, i couldn't get my son out of his superman outfit or the boots. he would even sleep in them. i'd take them off, his feet would be stinking sweaty and he'd wake up wanting them back on. i should have had them bronzed! melissa, it certainly was our pleasure to put the box together for your new baby. what an ordeal she had to endure so soon into her new life!!!!!!!

as for the swap melissa, if you feel you have the time to finish it up considering what's been going on in your neck of the woods, please do. it is your swap, i was just stepping in as your assistant, waiting on your return. if you want to take my future swap, that will be fine too.

oh carol, i'm not laughing at you, but i find it comical. i'm sure you are pooped after valentine's day and that doesn't really help the mind too much. if you want, i can help you with the second box so you don't have to go to the added expense.

shirley, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom.

mary ellen...now who would think of putting a mail box where someone could hit it? how dare they!!!!!! glad to hear you are none the worse for your little ordeal.

i am sorry to hear about your potential job loss theresa. teachers should NEVER lose thier jobs. i think some of these overpaid actors and athletes should forego some of that green - afterall, what is it that they do that warrants such salaries? i am hoping the best for you. i know how difficult these times are.

great boxes so far everyone. i think we're halfway there.

be well,
    maryanne

• drgulley
    15 years ago

Theresa, I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you on the job situation and I am in no hurry for the box. No problem at all. I will let you know when I receive it.

Melissa, I am glad to hear you received your box. Glad things are starting to get back to normal for you.

Shirley, I am so sorry to hear about your back and also about your mom. I will definitely say a prayer for both of you. At least the dr. was able to see first hand what was going on with your mom.

Mellen, sorry to hear about your accident. I have ran into a mailbox before myself. My family and friends teased me about it for the longest time. LOL...

Dianne

• wynative
    15 years ago

Hi ladies,

Sorry that I haven't been posting - I did check to see how I got to send to though. I emailed Bev to let her know that it would be late but now am I to send to Amy or to Bev? If it is Amy - I will need her information & address - Thanks!

My life was turned upside down in the past 2 weeks - my cousin had a heart attack, my sister had heart surgery, my Aunt passed away and my husband & I separated. Between visiting 2 separate hospitals - 200 miles between them, attending services for my Aunt out of state, finding a house to rent and all that is involved with that - I haven't had a chance to put a package together.

I am usually much better organized than this and I promise to get back on track this week! I have a list of all the stuff that needs to be done by Friday and I believe it is do-able :) I found a nice place in the country although, the yard is a disaster area! There are some real nice big tree's for shade and that's about it. Hey, if any of you have nothing to do - I need help moving all my Iris, Lilys', Peonies and stepping stones!!! LOL Also with painting, dry wall, plumbing and cleaning - it amazes me how much damage people do to the homes they live in when they don't own them...

Maryanne - no it isn't out of line to email me - I can use a 'kick-start' most days LOL

Marie

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Maryanne~ I have been having TONS of trouble with my computer- it keeps crashing, and getting online is a gamble most days. So if you wouldn't mind keeping track of things, I'll step in when I can. :O)

Marie~ BIG hugs to you! Wow, you need some chocolate!! :O)

Melissa

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Marie-my heart goes out to you!! You certainly do need some chocolate! If I had a way to help you I would!! But I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers-keep faith-this too shall pass and someday things will smooth out and seem easier! Although it may seem a long way off yet!
    Huge Hugs, Melinda

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, All

Marie-I thought things had piled up here but you are having Quite a time! I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers. Chocolate (lots of chocolate) would help, too. It is nice to see you posting again.

Suppose to warm up again this week & l am ready for it. Has been snowy, cold & windy here. Just a nice day once in a while should start happening.

Melissa- Oh, how I hate it when my computer isn't working good. It's as bad as when the Tv is out with my husband! Hope it gets back to working good for you. Maybe the storm has something to do with it.

Thoughts & hugs to all of you. Anyone seen a robin yet? I keep looking but none so far here in southern Iowa. Smart birds!

Blessing, Margaret

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

melissa, no problem.

MARIE....would you prefer to sit back and not send a box? i can do your box this month since you have so much on your plate. please DO NOT feel obligated. you have more than you can handle right about now without concerning yourself with this swap. i will be more than happy to step in for you. i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. when it rains, it certainly pours and i can so relate with such happenings. if i lived closer, i'd be more than happy to help you, but i'm on the other side of the country. i can dig and plant like a madwoman!!!!!

margaret, by the end of the week we are supposed to have some higher temps, but with that they are calling for rain. i'm liking the days, although they are few and far between, getting out in the yard and cleaning up getting ready for what's to come. i still have a dead tree that needs to be taken down. i thought the man behind me said he was going to do it because he wanted the wood for his fireplace, but i guess that was just another male talking crap.

my granddaughter is driving me insane! HELP she's at that never stay still, challenge everything stage and boy oh boy, it's amazing the things she picks up - both good and bad. don't get me wrong, i love her so much, but i'm old and she's wearing me out LOL. just wish the weather was nicer so we could be outside, but it's not and she's all congested, so ever going out in the yard isn't a good idea.

here's where we currently stand and we have what, 6 more days of the month left? i can't believe how quickly it is all moving. we are halfway through the sent/received.

UPDATE
    Earthly Delight sends to Margaret2007/Margaret - RECEIVED

• wynative
    15 years ago

Earthy,

Thanks so much for the offer but I need something to look forward to... All work and no play makes me cranky and open the 2nd bottle of wine LOL

Thanks to all the rest of you for your warm thoughts and prayers. I can sure use them. In your prayers, can you ask for paint and carpets to dry fast?

Because I think I found a job!! She said she would call either today or tomorrow and I would start Monday!!!!

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Marie, how about you sign up for the march swap and look forward to that. Bev has a box and I will have Amys out by wednesday. Maryanne if you want to send Amy a few seeds to help me out, I am a lil short on those, we would both appreciate it. Marie you are an excellent swapper so don't worry about this one you are covered. big hugs carol

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Marie,
    I am so sorry to hear about all the problems you have been facing. I hope the new job works out for you. That will be great!
    Jeanne

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Mellen, sorry about your bad day. It does all seem to come at once, huh?

Marie, I'm so sorry for your difficulties. We are all here for you, which I'm sure you know.

Here's what I did on photobucket tonight. What fun!

{{gwi:640476}}

Theresa

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

And here's two more....

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Theresa-Absolutely love your pics! It sure makes you want spring! But a beautiful yard and flowers! Cool dog, too! Melinda

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Theresa, those are beautiful! I see that I will have to go to play on Photobucket.
    Jeanne

• diggindirt49
    15 years ago

Marie, I'm so sorry things are unsettled for you right now. Congrats on your new job hope everything works out and gets better.
    Theresa, your roses are lovely. I just hope mine are as beautiful as yours.
    Carol, bless your heart. I know how hectic things get sometimes. I have my days too.
    I went to Albuquerque this week-end with my friend to pick up a puppy. She had recently lost both of her little poodles and was looking for a new baby to fill the void. Anyway, the little guy Mr.Bugsy is a 20 oz toy poodle. Looks like a baby skunk. Too cute. LOL Bev

• drgulley
    15 years ago

Marie, I am sorry to hear about everything that has happened. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Theresa, thank you so much for the nice box of goodies. I really appreciate the thought that you put into it. I am at work right now and will try to remember everything included in the box so if I miss something..sorry.

gardening gloves
    a beautiful picture frame
    chocolate candy
    a candle lamp holder w/ nice smelling candle (sorry I can't remember the scent off the top of my head)
    another good smelling candle
    Siloam Ury Winiford daylily
    minature bird feeder decoration
    a really nice card

If I am forgetting something sorry! It really brightened my day yesterday when I got home and saw the box laying by the front door. I will coninue to keep my fingers crossed for you on your job and thanks again. :O) I love your photo bucket pictures. How did you do that?

Melissa, got your card in the mail yesterday. Sorry to hear about your computer problems. My computer at home is running so slow lately it is really frustrating.

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Dianne, I'm glad it made it there safely.

Yes, I did the photos in photobucket's new scrapbook link.

Marie, Congrats on the job! That is one bit of good news in what seems like a glum time for you. Jobs are hard to find these days. I hope that is the start of things turning around for you.

Theresa

• mellen
    15 years ago

I sent a message here today, but I have no idea where it went. I just want to let Melinda know that her box is not on the way yet. DH came down with the flu on Friday then I got it on Sunday. Neither of us have been out of the house. Just staying close to the BRs. I am very sorry. Mary Ellen

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Oh Mary Ellen, don't worry! Take care of yourself and get better! You send whenever you can! Melinda

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Theresa, your pix are just wonderful. The roses, so lovely. that's what i need to eventually start growing. once i get this one particular area cleaned out, that's what is going there.

maryellen, sorry to hear about you and hub's not feeling well. take care.

well, we are almost there ladies. the month and the swap are almost over. if you haven't posted to the march thread, would be a good time to say yea or nay.

Theresa24 sends to Drgulley/Dianne - RECEIVED

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Marie,
    Oh gosh you have been hit real hard. I am so sorry to hear your news. I know I'm new to the group but my heart goes out to you. You will be in my prayers.

Theresa,
    You have a gorgeous garden! Thanks so much for sharing those pictures! Would love to see more. : )

Cindy

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Maryellen GET WELL NOW !!!! Amy your box went out today, sorry couldn't get out to get candy and still get it mailed so sent a candy substitute. hope you enjoy. conf # 03082040000082252473. Bev did your box arrive okay ? Mary Anne good luck keeping up with the lil one.where are our pics ? Hi Lilly, are you staying warm ? hugs carol

• diggindirt49
    15 years ago

Oh Carol!! I recieved my box today and it is wonderful!!! I'm thrilled with everything. I worked in the garden all day today, and bath time tonight was delightful with the wonderful body wash and lotion. Heavenly... My box contained so many surprises, a little birdhouse, bath and body wash set, dove chocolate, heart votives, plant markers, garden tool bag, 8 pkg of seeds, mini seed pots, and calla lily and lily bulbs. Thank
    you so much!!!

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Theresa24 sends to Drgulley/Dianne - RECEIVED
    Veeja11 sends to Dieg01991/Amy A. - RECEIVED
    Wynative sends to DIGGINDIRT49/Bev -- RECEIVED (accidentally LOL)color>

carol, did i miss you receiving?

once mary ellen feels better and remy returns, this swap will be completed

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I just posted on the March swap, but I thought I would post here too.

Don't worry Carol, I don't need the candy! :-) Thanks for sending a box, I'm excited to get it. We are snowed in here so I don't know if that will delay my receiving the box or not. I bet I'll get it by Saturday though. I will post once I receive it.

Talk to you soon,
    Amy A.

• mellen
    15 years ago

Melinda, your box will be going out tomorrow/Friday. WOOHOO! Guess who is better tonight? I am going for a 1/2 day of school, too. Then we are headed to MN to see our son for the week-end. Got a text from him around 6:00, and they already had about 6" of snow, and it was still snowing hard. Amy, that's "your" snow I'm talking about. :) He lives about an hour west of Minneapolis. We are taking BOOTS!
    Mary Ellen
    PS Melinda, thank you sooo much for your understanding and patience.

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Good luck with your travels Mary Ellen. The roads were still terrible when I drove to work this morning. They still hadn't plowed a lot of the side roads. But the highways were better. Hopefully by the time you get across the MN border, all the roads will be clear and safe. It's gonna be cold this weekend so watch out for icy roads. Have fun!

Amy A.

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Maryanne, I received a wonderful box from bev and posted a thankyou. so please put me down as having received. Bev glad you liked your box. ready for march swap now. hugs carol

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I just received a wonderful box from Carol today. There was so much in it, you were much too kind Carol!! Here's what it had in it ...

Spray bottle
    Melon Body butter
    Blue candle (this will go great in my bathroom)
    jam (can't wait to try it)
    easter egg candles
    gardening gloves
    garden markers
    packet of time release fertilizer
    frog rain gauge (so cute!)
    Lilium bulbs (can't wait to be able to plant these!!)
    cute little bath and body kit
    seeds (Marigold, Hostas, columbine 'Cameo', Spinach and Daylily 'Zephyr John')
    And a card with $5 dollars to buy myself a treat (Carol!?!) I think I'll use it at the DQ ;-)

Thank you so much Carol! You really out did yourself and absolutely made my day!!

Amy A.

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Not a problem Mary Ellen! Just something to look forward to now! Hope you have a wonderful time with your son and a safe trip there! Melinda

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Wow I missed a lot! I'm so confused, lol : )

My box from Dianne came! What a great box to come home to. I pulled everything out earlier with the huge pile of mail so I hope I remember everything. In it was:
    A Valentine's Card
    Freesia bulbs - I've actually never grown these before!
    Priscilla Glads
    Photo Frame- it is perfect
    Heart shaped Chocolate box
    A Quick Cuisine Cookbook- always a welcome item
    A Taste of Home Cooking for 2 mag
    A decorative Bottle Oil Lamp
    and lastly a couple 2009 Daylily Catalogs to drool over. The photos of brand new daylilies are so pretty.

Thank you Dianne so much for Everything!! : )

I know I mentioned it before, but Marie will be getting her box from me once the weather warms since I picked up some goodies for her from Florida.
    Remy

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Welcome back Remy, Hope your trip was a grand one!
    Guess what I got! My box from Mary Ellen!! Wow, what a box! Thanks so much for picking things specifically for me! I loved it all!
    A girl figurine with watering can and flowers! So cute!
    Votive pink candle with holder with daisy on it!
    2 little flower pots with tray they sit on. Have roses and butterflies and done in pink and tan! Love them!
    A complete Avon foot care set in a bag! Wonderful!
    Cucumber melon and a sweet pea bar soaps
    pink breast cancer awareness tote bag!
    Package of candy cane zinnias!
    And last but not least a geode from Iowa-gorgeous rock!!
    I absolutely love it all and you picked things that suit me to a T!
    Wonderful box! Thanks so very much! Melinda

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Drgulley sends to Remy/Remy - RECEIVED