ncgardengirl
15 years ago

Birthday Person is: ME Fran :)

Comments (109)

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    One of our cars were stolen last night at 2am. Our honda civic was in between a new Trailblazer, and a Hyundai Sante Fe. I have no idea why they chose the civic over the Trailblazer! We live in a really nice area, so I'm just shocked that someone would steal a car without even starting it! They must of pushed it somehow out (remember this car was in between 2 cars) and put it on a flatbed! It seems as though when it rains, it pours! Heck, it's not even April yet! LOL!
    What really gets me, is we heard NOTHING! The dogs didn't even bark! Ugh!

Fran,
    Where's that wine and calgon?

Hugs,
    Deb

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

DEB! Holy Cow....I'd say it quit raining for you months ago. This is more like a hurricane! Honey, you need more than wine & calgon....throw in some Godiva chocolate, a secluded beach and hunky, half naked masseuse named Pierre. That *might* do the trick.
    Wow...I hope you find your car soon.
    I have heard that civics are a prime target for thieves. They have a great resale value, are really inconspicuous, and very easy to get rid of later. I've had a friend that had his stolen TWICE. He now drives an old beat up car, that cost less than $500. He hasn't had that one stolen yet! :O)
    *hugs* for you!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Fran, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
    Sorry I am late!! I almost got your box ready, I had one thing I was very torn on and finally decided! I hope you enjoy it, I just need to get a couple things together and put them in the box!

Deb, I feel so bad for you Hon! You have had way more then your fair share the past months! It has got to start easing up, I will pray very hard for you to get some comfort!

I'm sorry I haven't been around a lot girls, just been busy. Now I have laryngitis and what started out as a raspy, squeaky voice this am is now a very LOW whisper! This is much worse then I ever thought, I've never had it before and it is very draining to try and talk and nothing comes out! And I never realized how much I talk LOL! But, considering all of the crud, cooties, and just plain bad luck that is going around, this is a piece of cake!

I am going to go get Zack ready for bed, he thinks this is just hysterical and keeps saying "what? I can't hear you!"
    Of course, Jamie is out of town and there is no one here to speak for me! *sigh*

Night Girls!
    I am going to say a prayer for all of us!
    Vic

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Vic hon, DO NOT TRY TO TALK, THAT makes it much much worse to strain your voice. It wil take it longer to come back if you strain it, give Zack the look! learn it really fast, most moms have it and I am sure yours is there somewhere. A lot of times I didn't even have to say anything to my kids because of the look!

Deb, OMG!!! I agree with Bunny, something much more is needed here then galgon and a bottle of wine! You need the whole dang winery at this point! I am sure you keep asking why me? You know they always so God never puts more on you then you can take, I have to ask how much more does he think I can handle because I know I am on the very edge looking over I am sure you feel the same way.
    I just have to remind myself that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger, so NOW I KNOW I am one of the Amazon Women! I think you are right up the with me SIS! We are WOMAN HEAR US ROAR!!!

Mariann! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the BIG HUGE LITE WEIGHT BOX from you today, and I though GOOD HEAVENS WHAT THE HECK IS IN HERE??? I opened it and dug down and WOW, did you make it? Or purchase it? I THINK you might have made it...my best friend just happened to come down today and she thinks it is gorgeous and handmade too. SO SPILL WOMAN! Did you make it?

OK EVERYONE STOP YELLIING AT ME! IT IS: A beautiful Christmas wreath and I love it! I only wish now I lived where ppl can see it when I put it up! We live in the sticks now and no one will see it I fear. BUT I will post pics of it!

It really is pretty, and I love it and OMG I am so sorry it costed so much to ship it! WOW, OUCH!!! I feel bad about that Mariann!!! I am really sorry.

Mariann dear, I DO ask for stuff. I STILL NEVER GET IT! I have been telling him since forever I wanted a new camera, he thinks because I have a 10 year old camera I do not need a new one. What I can not get him to understand is that I can NOT get anything for this one anymore! Parts and other things are no longer made for it it is actaully a 98 model which means it really is 12 years old now and you know in digital anything over 5 years is a dinosaur already sometimes even a 1 year old digital item is old as soon as it hits the market it they are already trying to upgrade to something else.
    Anyway, asking for anything around here with the SO or the kids falls on deaf ears. If it isn't about them or for them then it doesn't matter!

ANYWAY:
    Ya'll don't worry about your boxes coming late, it really is ok! Since moving and not having an address to ship to that put a damper on everything, I am so far behind on stuff I need to get done, I wish I would have mailed out all my swap things before I moved then I wouldn't have to be worrying about them now!

Well ladies, have a good night I am headed to bed.

:) Fran

• galium
    15 years ago

Fran-Yes I made it! There is a card in the box and another gift...Hope you didn't throw the box out. Glad you liked it.
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Mariann,
    Thank you so much it really is gorgeous, you did a fine fine job!!!!
    I didn't throw the box out but I did go through it and didn't find anything. SO took it to the barn last night, I will go down and look through it again.
    I thought it unusual for you not to put a note in there LOL.
    I was trying not to get shipping popcorn everywhere, good heavens lady u sure did use a lot LOL.

Ok, I will go check the box and report back here later on tonight.

• galium
    15 years ago

Fran-I recycle that packing stuff. Whenever i receive it I always save it. I was so worried about the glass ornaments on the wreath. Normally I just use shredded newspaper. You just got lucky.LOL Hope you find the other gift and the card.
    Mariann

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

I'm going to take some time to catch up on our posts soon. I sure have missed hearing from everyone and I'm so glad to see everyone posting. Sounds like you have been through it Deb. Wish I could come and rescue you for a girls day out - heck, I'd love for all of us to be able to get together for a day of pampering. Fran, sorry to hear your birthday slides by without hooplah. Hope you are enjoying your goodies from the group. Mine is running late but I have it all now. I just need to box it up and I have some digging to do. If it's raining tomorrow, I may have to send it in 2 boxes. Mariann, sounds like Fran loves the wreath, I want pics!!! Vic, I sure hate you are under the weather. I was so sick 2 weeks ago that I got 2 shots, a round of antibiotics, and a round of steroids. I tell you, within a day of the shots I was MUCH better. Amazing how they work!
    Off to do homework - yuk! Nik

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I did go dig through the box and found the other gift! The card was too cute with a raised bday cake on it and the gift was wrapped in paper and it was 3 very unigue plant markers.
    They are metal stakes with a ceramic plate in the center one is oval with a yellow ceramic plate, one is diamond shaped with a blue ceramic plate and the last is an oblong square with a blue ceramic plate.
    Mariann these are just to pretty to use! Thank you, the are so unique I have never seen any like them!

Thank you.

Well, with the move and getting my gifts late has made my birthday specail this year. Thanks everyone, I really do appreicate it. It is fun just knowing I have things coming!
    Night now,

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

My box went out today, USPS #0308 2040 0000 7892 6517
    Just took a quick break, I'm planting several pots of elephant ears! Better go back and finish before it rains.

Hugs,
    Deb

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Phew! Your box went out today. I went ahead and mailed all of it - keeping my fingers crossed that it will make it to you Saturday. If not Saturday, definately by Monday. It's coming via UPS. I decided not to use USPS due to the other box that's "in the wind". I'll send you the tracking number later. I left it in my car:) Hope everyone is enjoying Spring! I can't wait to see all the flowers this year. It's an exciting year for me as a newbie wintersower - not that I've had much time to play in the dirt this week. It's been CRAZY! Hope everyone is well and nothing has been stolen lately - AGH! Nik

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Here's the tracking number: 1zR076A20348078660 Nik

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for letting me know Deb and Nikki.
    Deb, I just don't see how you manage to do all you do!

Nik hon, I don't blame you for going with UPS! I have gotten to the point that if it is a LARGE package I use insurance! I used to never put insurance on anything but since your packagae was lost and STILL not found I have started on some packages that I think need it!

I just check the number you posted it says it can't be located LOL.
    Actually THIS is what is says:
    >>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

Maybe it is too early for them to know where it is! They will not deliver here. They will send me a slip telling me I have to pick it up, because they are too lazy to look for me! Maybe I will call them in the AM and say hey this is where I am make sure your person brings it to me! HEHE

Ok, well I must have stayed up too late so I should be going to bed now.
    Night ladies,
    :)Fran

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Just checking in to see how Mama Fran's birthday month is going! Have you gotten settled in yet?

Has anyone heard from Marie lately? It's been a few weeks, and I am just thinking about her lots lately. I know she's got tons going on right now. I hope things are going OK.

How is everyone else doing?

• wynative
    15 years ago

I am kind of back... although I think I need more WINE, a really strong sexy plumber/painter/drywaller & he has got to know how to cook and give great massages! LOL

The toilet EXPLODED while I was at work - Yes, 3+ feet of water in the basement and my daughters new bedroom set floats! I am still trying to get the ceiling that fell in fixed - the wood is almost all dried out except for where that 'drip' is! and the plumbing up to par, the toilet still run's all the time - still no plumber in site!! It took Monday and most of Tuesday to dig out of the 8+ foot snow drifts and the next blizzard is due in less than 2 days!! and I haven't figured out what to do with all the stuff in the shed that is still under snow from that ceiling giving in, before it arrives. GRRRR I am so ready for spring....

But on a good note:
    I finished the quilt I am donating to the local 8th grader's to help raise $$ for their trip to Washington DC - this was the perfect thing to work on during our recent blizzard - comfy & warm!
    {{gwi:1242265}}
    and this is what arrived in my front yard yesterday morning just before the snow got bad again:
    {{gwi:1242266}}
    Sorry it was snowing so it is kind of blurry but...
    Mom & baby - a heifer - are doing great although they are still in my barn with the doors open as no one has claimed them yet....

This was taken by my friend Jeff on the Red Desert in Wyoming earlier this month: I love this picture!

{{gwi:1242267}}

about 1/4 mile north of my house is an older white horse and a miniture burro that REFUSE to stay fenced in :) This is who I call 'Houdini' LOL
    {{gwi:1242268}}

I love my new house & where I live but I have soooo many bunny's I don't know how I am going to get anything to grow and produce veggy's or flowers... I only have part of the painting done, still trying to get curtains made - its a good thing we have no neighbors or they would be getting an eye full LOL. My kitchen is sooooo tiny - I will have to get pic's of were the stove/refridge sit. It is in the way of the bathroom door and I can't gain even an ounce if I want to be able to get through the opening hehehehe I still have to put up the wallie and the border paper but it will all come together if I can ever get a day off from my job. Yes, it is a job, it's horrible dealing with the public agin and I get a tiny pay check.... thats all on that subject ;) only 6 more days of a 12 day stretch till I get a day off - YIPPY!

I will try to catch up with everyone in the next week.
    Thanks for letting me share :)
    Marie

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Marie again another great quilt! Hey you might have a freezer full of beef come fall LOL.

Love the horse pics, I can't wait until we can have another one or two or three or four LOL.

Man, sorry to hear about the snow and bathroom issues! Yeap, come on SPRING! I want it hear too.
    I am glad you are getting long in your new house and happy. Glad you have a job even if it is a tiny check at least it is something which is a whole late better then nothing.
    About the bunny issue, spray which garlic spray and put out red pepper flakes to maybe deter them a little at least!

Everybody HANG IN THERE SPRING IS ALMOST HERE!

(Ok Kym, now I am going BACK to bed I had a hotflash moment and thought I would check back here before going back to bed, yes it is a sickness LOL)

:) NIGHT LADIES!!!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I received my box from Deb Saturday morning as I was leaving to go to my friends for the night I met the mailman and he had my box. I am using her laptop right now while she is icing and decorating her granddaughters Bday. The party will be later on today.

Deb thanks for the box this is what she sent:
    2 Country tins in blue with a rooster on them
    a blue storage box, I think it is for pics
    1 decorated candle nightlite/side table lite with ivy mofit she made herself!
    1 ceramic pumkin I love this I have 3 and wanted more so thank you.
    1 Amaryllis Peppermint she grew from seeds herself!
    Seeds:
    Comm Zinnia Liliput
    Comm Cosmos Single Sensations Mix
    Comm Bachelor Buttons Polka Dot Mix
    Sunflower Mammoth
    Wild Clematis
    Scabiosa Beujabis Bonnets
    Mexican Sunflower
    Joe Pye Weed ateway
    Rudbeckia Cappuchino REALLY WANTED THESE!!
    Rudbeckia Cherokee Sunset
    Sunflower Teddy Bear
    Rudbeckia Double Golden
    Sunflower Sunspot
    Zinnia Tall Mix

Deb thanks so very much! Everything is great.

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Wow, great box, Mama Fran! And Deb!! :O)

Yay, It's Marie!
    Here ya are, girl! He'll be over sometime between 8am and 3pm. But ya know how those repair guys, are....he didn't specify the day! LOL

Seriously, glad to hear from you. I hope things settle down soon.

I am getting my box together for Ms Kym! It's hard to believe that it's almost April! WOW. Time has gone SO FAST this year! Gee Whiz, 1/4 of the year is gone! Where did it go??

If ya'll want a good laugh, rent Madagascar 2. Honestly! I wasn't looking forward to it...but...It's great...we watched it with the kids last night, and everyone was rolling, laughing so hard. And at least 1 of us wet our pants. (not saying which one.....!)
    Anyway, goodness knows we could all use a laugh, so thought I'd tell ya'll.

• wynative
    15 years ago

Melissa - OH MY - he's a keeper!!! LOL Who cares if they can fix anything when they look that good hehehehehe

Fran - I forgot to post about your box, then this dang site wouldn't let me double post.... But as you know your box will be late :(

I have all kinds of things coming up in my old yard that I plan to share with Fran and Kym, as they all have to be moved... Guess I should have ask for more than just one helper ;) We are expecting another bad storm tonight and tomorrow - When that is out of the way and I can get to them (mud is a real problem on the county roads for my car)I will be putting together the rest of Frans box and Kyms.

Happy Sunday all,
    Marie

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

WOW Deb sent a nice box to ya Fanna....I would think you should use that photo box for your **%#@ seed packs ya have....ROFLMBOO !!!

Marie, Those pictures are AMAZING !! I would LOVE to live with the cows and horses ! We have lots of bunnies here, but so far there is enough dandelions and clover, that they leave my flowers alone. We will be trying veggies this year, I hope they wont jump in the bed..LOL

Bunny, could you send a man like that to my house ?? It would be the perfect Bday present...Hint hint..ha ha.

I just wanted to mention that I will be AWAY..we are headed out on Wed morning, flight leaves at 6 AM. So, please..would you hold onto my lovely boxes till the 15th.

I will be home on the 16th LATE..but will try to check in while we are gone.

I hope everyone has a great two weeks, be safe..and now that spring is here, no more bad news is allowed, ok ?? LOL

Hugs to you all,

Kym

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Fran, your box is going tomorrow! I have it all ready, just have to print the label out at work (no ink in my printer) and get it to the PO! sorry I didn't have it ready sooner! Sounds like some great boxes you have gotten so far!

Marie, it is good to hear from you! I wish you had better things to tell us! Good luck and hope nothing else goes wrong! The pics are nice, I do like that one of the horses also. And as usual, wonderful quilt! Sorry about having to work so much! It's one or the other! Hopefully you can find something you like better in the near future.

Bunny, I think I forgot to mention how cute that last pic of Lily is! I can't believe things are blooming in your yard already! Maybe I can get some more forsythia branches from you this yr? I promise to try and not kill them! LOL!
    How is the clean-up coming?
    Also, you can go right ahead and set me up an appt with that repair man, I'm sure there are a few things he could work on for me! LOL

Gotta run girls, I have to go pack some seeds, most of the ones I had ready to send to the April seed shower swap I am going to be using again! *sigh* Our (Zack's) new puppy found my jugs and destroyed about 1/2 of them! I am going to re-sow what I can that I have more seeds of, some I only had a few and of course, those were the ones I really wanted! Now I am putting them in our "sunroom" it gets lots of sun all day but has no heat and gets very cold at night. Do you think that will work? I do have a spot outside I can put up some fence and they will be safe, I just have to wait for a non rainy/snowy, cold/windy day to do it!

Happy Sunday everyone!!!

Vicky

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am back from me friend's place. I had a wonderful time and she is more then my very bestest best friend she is more like my sister. We grew up less then a mile from each other and even her mom tells everyone I am her daughther.
    It is so hilarious to tell someone she is my sister and then they say OH I THOUGHT you resembled each other! lol.
    Today at the Bday party her mom was sitting with me and someone else who knew my friend was there and we were talking and she finally asked me if I was a friend of the family, family or just my friends friend or neighbor or how did I know them in general. Well my friend and I always say we are sisters so TODAY after this lady asked me my friends mom spoke up and said oh I raised this one, and the lady said OH, I THOUGHT I saw a RESEMBLENCE LOL...
    Just the other day while she was here someone else also told us we look alike, it is too funny.
    Man, it must be GREAT to be a kid now adays, her GD got some terrific stuff, and the place they held the party at was AWESOME! I wanted to be a kid too! It was a gym that had gymnastic stuff in it and they kids got to play! They had a foam pit that was way cool! I WANT ONE! LOL.
    The gifts she got were outstanding, a sing-along machine a REAL one that can record too and a digital camcorder. It is for kids BUT it still was like a real one and she can even edit her on videos with it! Plus she got gift certs and money in total a little over 100 bucks! must me nice!!!

ANYWAY, this month has definitely been a great one. We found this great outdoor spacious place plus I FINALLY got my camera, she took me yesterday to go get it and her GD also got a Digital camera like mine for her BDAY! Also, she gave me a Great Pyrenees puppy, she is 3 months old today and I named her storm!
    There have been other good things going on this month too, along with a few mishaps but all in all it has been a good one! Along with all the fun boxes I have been getting as well! I can't complain at all.
    I am so happy to FINALLY have a good more megapixel camera, my old one was only 3 mp this one is 10.3 and it has a rechargeable battery which is super duper fantastic! She also got me a SD card (2gb) to go with it too. Yes she loves me :) like I said she is more family then friend so is her mom! I get along way better with them too!

KYM!!! OPPPPS I am SOOO sorry I forgot to post about not sending to you until AFTER APRIL 15th. You know if I do not do something right then I forget! Well, you know I was busy posting about the OTHER swap and welllll, SORRY!!!

OK DON'T SHIP TO KYM UNTIL AFTER APRIL 15TH! How's that?

Marie, ok on my box and if you just want to ship me a box of plants I am way ok with that! Really I am, just make sure you let me know it is for me for my BDay because I am planning on hosting a plant swap on here and the plants will be coming at the end of May!

Vic, thanks for letting me know the box is going out in the AM!

Nikki, I didn't get your box yesterday I am SOOOOOOOOOO hoping it comes tomorrow, I am all excited about it. You hyped it up pretty well and the fact that KYM said OH, I KNOW what it is doesn't help either! and NO she wouldn't tell me! (stomps foot!) I tried to bribe her but that just doesn't work with Miss KYM!

Ummm, Bunny? Where'd you find THAT repair guy from? I ain't NEVER seen one look like THAT one before!

Ok, well, gonna go check on other things now!

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hi all!
    Fran, I tracked your box and it said "Delivery Rescheduled for March 31st" Rescheduled? Why the heck it was rescheduled is beyond me - UGHH. If any of the "perishables" did not make it, please let me know and I'll replace it. Don't be alarmed at the shape of the box. I taped it up to the max because it everything was packed so tight, the lid would barely fit. Anyhoo, I sure hope you enjoy it:) Some things weren't labeled so email and I'll tell you the specific names.
    Vic, I hate to hear your pup found your seeds. Try spreading the remains in the garden and maybe something will pop up!
    Kym, we are sure going to miss you!
    Marie, Those pics are wonderful! They remind me of my childhood. We had horses and cows. It was WONDERFUL!
    Deb, That was a great box of goodies you sent to Fran! Is everything getting better for you yet?
    Bunny, Your pics are great! You sure know how to make cute babies... and that helper aint bad either. I think I have some repairs around here too!
    Diene, What are you up to? We want to hear how you are enjoying your spring!
    Mariann, I just got caught up the thread and read about memories of your birthdays. That's wonderful! I try to make birthdays special for my own children but I always feel like I didn't do enough. Life gets crazy ya know? I think "time" and being together is the most important gift we can give to our children.
    Is everybody enjoying the spring? Fran, your birthday is in such a great month. All the new blooms and promises of brighter days ahead. God really had it all planned out. Spring comes just when we think we couldn't stand another day without it. It does wonders for my mental wellbeing.
    Email me when you get your box so I can "explain some thangs!" Nik

• galium
    15 years ago

Kym-Enjoy your trip!

We had torrential rains yesterday evening. I have a couple of containers, outside, with tulips and daffs in them. They were filled to the top with water.

Fran that was a nice box from Deb. I'm so glad you finally got your camera. Now you can take a picture of the wreath I made you. My camera is fine but I would like a new one too. I'm wanting to do more closeup work. So a 10x would be great for me. That won't happen for a while though. Can't tell you how happy I am that you are having a great Birthday Day month. You deserve it!

Nik-I have another birthday story. When I turned 11 or 12 can't remember. My mom took us to the Jersey shore for the day. All day long people were coming up to me wishing me Happy Birthday and giving me a little gift. I couldn't imagine how all these people knew. Then one of the life guards did the same. Boy were my cheeks red! I found out later that my mom had gone around asking people to wish me a happy birthday. She would give them a small gift to give me. How great is that!!!

Vic-That's to bad about your WS jugs. Sounds like something my DD's cats would do. Once they got into her Cross Stitch thread. What a mess!

Deb-How are you doing? Are things slowing down for you?

Marie-Once again... I love that quilt. You are so talented. I'm still contemplating making one for DH for Christmas. Although I think I should start quilting with something small. It will have to wait until the fall though.

Hope everyone has a great day,
    Mariann

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Mariann~ I love that birthday story! That is so sweet.

Vic~ You can have as many forsythia as you want. You want 20? 50? Heck, even 100?? We've got 'em! Just tell me when to stop! LOL! All the ones hubby mowed down last year, just MULTIPLIED this year. They're like gremlins...just add water, and POOF! 20 more come up in it's place! ACK! Can't really complain, though, since they're so pretty.

Nik~ Thank you, we think she's pretty cute, too. :O) She's got one of those sweet bubbly personalities, where you just wanna squeeze her and kiss those cheeks all the time. When she's finally had enough, she'll start pouting. It's so cute, we do it all the time. LOL

Fran~ Sounds like you had a great day. I'm glad, you needed a good break! On child's thing I've always wanted is the baby bouncy seats! They look so comfy, and I know my kids always enjoyed them. They can recline all the way, or sit up...and then they vibrate! Or just bounce when you move. It always looked SO relaxing to me.
    Hmmmm. Or a battery operated swing. That would work, too!

Kym~ No shipping your box until later. *pout*
    Ok, I GUESS I can do that. LOL
    You just have fun & enjoy your trip! There'll be a bunch of boxes just waiting for you when you get back! I hope your birthday month is fantastic for you! :O)

Well, I"m off today to go to the funeral of a long-time friend and neighbor. We grew up with her sons, and hubby has been best friends with one of them for about 18 years or so now. We all lived within a few hundred feet of each other, so we were all good friends. Anyway, this lady was the sweetest lady you'd ever know...and she fought this stupid cancer for a LONG time. She finally was just too tired.

I can't wait until we don't have cancer anymore or any other disease.....I'm tired of losing people much too soon. I just wish God would hurry and take care of this mess.

• diene
    15 years ago

Good Morning All;
    I am checking in, Fran, your box was shipped today. I packed it yesterday but the Post Office website was not working well. The confirmation number is 01038555749668792207.
    Hope you had a wonderful birthday month.
    diene

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks diene for letting me know. I appreciate it. How are you doing?
    I read about your box getting highjacked for the Feb. swap. That is awful. I can not believe people are so negative! It is a shame that some just try to get something for nothing and I hope you reposted them to GW and to the post office for postal fruad! Maybe if some of these people get what they deserve for stealing from others they will stop taking what it truly not theirs!
    It is sad too that in true RR there always seems to be that one person who we have concerns about and HOPE to be wrong on and then it happens!
    I just want you to know I hate that for you and wish there was a way I could help get it back! It irks me to know they just live in the next state over!

Fran

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Fran, I just tracked your box and it says delivered. Have they called you yet to pick it up? I'm hoping you like your goodies! Nik

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wooohooo, Miss Nikki's box came today!
    Unforunately a hand painted terra cotta pot and saucer didn't make it. They are in about 50 different pieces! I wasn't to happy about that BUT what can you do?
    The box looked like it had gotten drop kicked a few times!

Ok Nikki sent a FABULOUS box!
    There was the terra cotta planter and saucer (broken!)
    A 8 inch plastic planter the edge got cracked on it (USP!)
    A baggie of plastic seed baggies (again I can ALWAYS use these!)
    A 3 piece fabric tote set with a floral print (very nice!)
    A Box of Miracle Gro
    A package of Heat Wave Dahlias
    A package of Kelvin Floodlight Dahlias
    Golden Wave Begonia
    and 2 LIVE PLANTS! Which Miss Nikki must explain WHAT these are!
    AND A GIFT CARD TO WAL-MART!!! WOW, Nikki you should have either done the GC or the other not BOTH!
    You are too too SWEET! Thank you so very much!
    Wow am I a lucky girl or what?!

Again thank you Nikki, you know it is always very much appreciated!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh no, Nikki, they brought it to me! I called them yesterday to say hey this is where I live. Please bring it and they did!
    I explained that I had a box few weeks ago and they said they couldn't find me and I explained where I am and how to get here.
    So the driver that came this morning was the guy who just got assigned to this route he said not to worry he knows where the place is and will have no problem delivering or finding me!

So that is great too!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Sounds like another great box Fran!
    I wanted to let ya know that your box DID NOT get shipped yesterday, we had a snow storm sunday night and in the morning it was hurry and get ready to go because the raods were so bad. BUT, it is a good thing I forgot the box b/c I kept thinking it seemed like I was forgeting something and I was! I need to find a little bit bigger box to fit this in, you will laugh when you see what I forgot! It is the largest thing to be sent! LOL! Sometimes I wonder about myself! *sigh*

Gotta run,
    Vic

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

thanks everyone, I look forward to getting to tell you all about the trip when we return...5 hours and counting, just wanted to post and tell you all to have a good two weeks, be safe..and I really hope your gardens are all awake when I get back !!!

Hugs

Kym

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I received my box from diene today she sent:
    A large Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar (thanks!)
    A Reny's Dark Chocolate Raspberry bar (the kid will take this)
    Ginger Citrus Sugar Scrub (nice flavors, will smell devine!)
    1 English Breakfast Tea
    2 Lemon and Spice Tea
    1 Constant Comment Tea
    1 Earl Grey Tea
    A Keart Shaped Keepsake Trinket Box
    A cute March Teddybear Bookmark (very different and swfully cute!)
    Outside items
    A Birdhouse plaque that explains how to feed birds!
    Mexican Shell Flower bulbs
    Wand Flower Bulbs
    and another pack of bulbs that is listed as WAND Flower too
    BUT this are different. One has small litte pearl onion size bulbs the other one has Tulip size bulbs
    diene do u know what the other one would be?
    Impatienes Seeds
    Clemstis seeds
    Pink Bee Balms Seeds
    Buddliea Seeds
    Liatris Seeds
    White Coneflower seeds
    Veronica Seeds
    Purple African Violets Seeds
    Bachelor Buttons Seeds
    Allium Seeds
    Siberian Iris Seeds
    Cream Hollyhock Seeds
    Houseplant Fern Seeds
    And a Bday card!

Thanks diene! I am going out now to plant the bulbs! Wow there are a lot of them LOL. This will take a while...

I want to thank everyone again for the fun boxes I have received.
    Kym and Marie will be late sending to me.
    Vic, I am sure you are trying to get it out LOL.

• galium
    15 years ago

Fran-You're getting some great boxes. How many more to go?
    Mariann

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mariann there are still 3 that I am waiting on.
    Marie will be late and so will Kym. Vic is trying to get hers out maybe she did it today.

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Great boxes, Mama Fran!

Are you having a good birthday month? :O)

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hey Frannie!
    Sorry to say, no, your box did not go yet! I can not believe I am so dense at times! It WILL GO SATURDAY! Even if I have to drive it to you! LOL I don't want to send tomarrow, I don't want it in the mail that long, I think if I send it Sat, you will get it Mon! *crossing fingers*
    I've got to go finish trying to order some uniforms, I HATE shopping for them, it is crazy the price they want for them.
    Vic

• diene
    15 years ago

Hello Fran;
    The unmarked bulbs are assorted gladiolas, I thought I had marked the bag but who knows!!
    I am glad you like them, I am excited about the shell flowers and wand flowers, I do not have them either. They are my latest adventure.
    Happy Birthday.
    diene

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, thanks diene!
    You did have a slip in there but 2 where marked wand flowers hehe! And I KNEW when I saw the 2 different size bulbs one was mislabeled :D
    I have never grown the Shell Flowers either, but they are really pretty so it will be nice to see them bloom!

Thanks again!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Fran...with all your wandering around in the bushes over in the MNF thread, it's a wonder you have time to enjoy your birthday boxes!

Hmmmmm.....guess your "wandering" in your birthday suit IS a celebration, huh??

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bunny, I really DON'T go in my birthday suit really. I don't know what happened! I had my clothes on when I started, I think it is all that 'TEA' Linda passes around! She must have added more Bailey's then to the Long Island Tea's this time!
    I know I was ambushed, but I am not sure what happened after that it was all a blur and then Dan found me on the BEACH! How the heck did THAT happen?

Oh well, I am back now that is all that matters LOL.

I am please with all I have gotten so far! I keep forgettin to put that bubble bath you sent in the bathroom though!
    However, I am sure when we finally have a nice warm spring day and I can actually open the windows I will put it in there, open the bathroom window and sit a while in the tub!

I am gonna get a pic of my new flowerbed before the plants really take off all the rain we have had lately has made some of them do really well so I am pleased they are growing but I want to get a early photo of them before they get too big then another one later on and then a mature one. Today is nice and sunny BUT the darn wind is blowing awful out there! I am sure some things have turned over by now!

Well, I am gonna go venture outside and hope I can stay grounded, the wind really is that bad! I wanted to get so pics of some stuff here and the new puppy put I am not sure I will today with this crazy wind!
    I keep hearing the song Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall off in my head LOL.

Later ladies, enjoy your day,

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Hi everyone, from SUNNY and WARM florida....

Fran, I am not sending to you late...your box has been MAILED...i was checkin in to see if you recd it yet...gosh, i hope it gets there SOON !!!! It should get there tomorrow...tee hee.

We are havin a good time here on vacation. we all have a little sun burn from today, I am sure it will all turn by morning. WE will be going to a different beach tomorrow.

We saw a huge school of dolphins today, and they stayed right there, and fed, so we watched them for a long time. I was able to see an old friend yesterday, we all went to lunch, and then back to the hotel, and they all played tennis....which was too funny, as no one knew how to play.

I hope everyone is well...Ill try to check in again soon. Fanna, hope ya like your box.

ttys

Kym

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK, Well I will know in 12 more hours if Kym's box makes it to me!
    I asked her what she sent me and she wouldn't even give me a CLUE! Can you believe it? This is NOT fair, I am not good at waiting patiently not at all!

Well then, guess I will check back in about 12 hours from now with an update hehe...

• galium
    15 years ago

I wrote a long message here and it poof disappeared. So here I am trying again.

Fran and Melissa-You girls are being cryptic again.LOL

Fran-I'd love to see some pictures taken with your new camera.

We had a beautiful day here yesterday. I was able to get quite a bit done outside. I potted up Caladiums and HB Begonias in their containers. I keep them inside until the end of April to give them a head start. I also cleaned out my annual beds. DH did some buggy lugging for me. My DD, bless her heart, is paying for me to hire someone to help me with my gardens. She is giving me 10 hours of free labor. YEAH!!! I honestly didn't know how I would manage.

Kym-So happy to hear you are enjoying yourself. We use to go to Florida for 2 weeks in February. Haven't been able to afford it for about 2 years.

Have a great day everyone.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WOOOOHOOOO I got Kym's box yesterday!!!! BUT I didnt want to post until I could get the photos to work FINALLY today Kodak and I got the software to load, tried to yesterday but what they told me to do didnt work.

WOW KYM!!!! OMG, I love it! (You know who got the Chocolate lol!)

WOW OH WOW KYM SENT!
    Strickers! She KNOWS I LOVE stickers LOL.
    Assorted
    Jumbo Fairy WALL STICKERS!
    Chocolate Hearts Candy
    Reese's Peanut Butter WHOPPERS! Yummy! LOL
    A Pocket Packet of Hydrangea Tissues (you know these will not be opened!)
    Ceramic Cow (it got broken)
    Ceramic Sheep
    Terra Cotta Garden Marker that Says: Gardens Know the Best Dirt
    Sun Flower Candle Holder
    Chocolate Scented Candle from the Chocolate Farm!
    A Flower Shaped Flower in a tin Flower Pot
    Decorative Sunflower Stake cute!
    A grow me flower pot cute
    The Cutes Little Garden Trowel, trying to figure out how to make this a Keychain! LOL
    A PIG PLANTER OMG, IT IS SO CUTE, I will get a pic of it by its self it is too cool!
    A Butterfly Wind chime this is gonna get revised, those darn strings keep coming off, I will be putting fishing line of these! LOL
    Kym made a BEAUTIFUL HANDMADE CARD she quilted it! YES SHE DID!
    She also made one for Marie in the Cupid swap! WOW!!!

FLOWERS Bulbs:
    Anomone
    Dahlia Peaches and Cream
    Brodiaea
    Acidanthera Peacock Orchids OMG THANKS I WAS GONNA ORDER SOME!
    Caladium White Queen
    Caladium Carolyn Whorton
    Crocus Kit that includes: Jeanne d Arc, Pickwick, Remembrance
    SEEDS:
    Mawnature Sunflower (?)
    Tomatillo Gigantic (YEA)
    Dipper Gourd (THANK YOU!!!)
    Pepper Sigaretta Dolce
    Pasilla Bajio
    Culinary Pepper Red Corno di Tojo Rasso Franchi
    Pepper Giallo di Asti Yellow Pepper
    Pepper Greek Pepperoncini
    Tomato Giant Belgium Pink
    Tomato Red Cup
    Tomato Pomodona Red
    Noid Pink Columbine
    Sunflower Autumn Beauty
    Mixed Sunflower
    Feverfew Virgo
    Hosta
    Hydrangea Oakleaf
    Moonflower Bush
    Noid Coral Bells
    Mixed Sunflower

Kyms Beautiful Handmade Card

Close up

Even closer of the HAND STITCHING ON THE CARD!

This is the paper she included in the package I liked it too!

This is one of the many wrapped packages she included in the box!!!

SEE THE PIG PLANTER IN THE BACK> WOW OH WOW, I LOVE IT!

The cow got broken :(!

This is the butterfly Wind Chime and in the corner of the calendar pocket is the hangy things that goes at the bottom, and the fairy's are the Fairy Wall Stickers!

This is a close up of the Candle holder it is the green round thing, the Flower Candle is the metal thing on the corner there, and the little cute trowel thing is sitting in it! Isn't it cute?!

Kym girl WOW, what can I say? You out did yourself! Thank you so very very much!!!
    I LOVE THE PIG planter, I will get a better pic of it alone it is so darn cute, I hate the cow got broken what a bummer!

AND HERE IS MARIANN'S WREATH!!!!!!!!!

• galium
    15 years ago

Fran another great box! Glad you're taking pictures. I bet you just love your new camera.
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Nikki,
    I wanted you to see what your gift card got:

A tray FULL of hostas! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! All those cups have more then one hosta in it, I made sure I got a good deal! So I ended up with about 30 when it was only posed to be 1 each cup I would have had only 9! Thanks again for a multiple gift! :)

The talls ones are S. Elegans and they gets HUGE! I can't wait for them to mature, my hosta bed will be full just from those!!!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I got my box from Vic today! VIC!!!!!!!!!!! OMG the tape! I KNOW you used a whole dang roll! I had to use a knife to get everything opened and out! LOL....I said if I could reach her I would smack her! LOL.
    Ya'll wouldn't believe how much tape she used! She even had the stuff taped to the BOX itself!

Ok, here is what she sent:
    A very fancy birdfeeder, it has metal and a roof. I will get pics to post later.
    She sent a very cute Candle Wind hanger
    and A large HYDRANGEA
    I will get pics later....

VIC, what kind of Hydrangea is it? There isn't a tag. It made the trip just fine, I am suprised it go here so soon! WOW...amazing, from the next state over sometimes takes 3 days yours was from Sat to Mon! Impressive.

Thanks so much for the box, of course I like it, why would you think I wouldn't?
    I like all the metal and glass hang thangys, I think they are cool, and I needed a new Hydrangea, I didn't bring any from the other bush at the other house. The birdfeeder is too pretty to use, I will hang it on the porch, it looks like and old lantern too so it will look just fine hanging there :)!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Oops! I was meaning to email you and warn you about the tape! LOL! I started with the duct tape b/c I couldn't find my packing tape! I wanted to make sure nothing got broke or smashed around!

ALSO, there should be 2 other LITTLE things in there, they are gift wrapped too.

The Hydranga I picked up and there was no marker in them, I know they bloom an almost purplish, it starts green then to blueish with a pink tone. (if that makes any sense!)

Sorry to be MIA lately, just had tons of bad luck, sick child, I'm sick, you name it! I am waiting for this black cloud to go away.

Fran, let me know if you find the other items. And I have found that mail seems to move faster when sent on sat. not sure why, but it does! : )

You have sure gotten some great boxes! I thought about sending you some rabbit repellant, before you plant ANYTHING I would spray something around, the little @$(#&(!&* were eating my stuff as fast as it was coming up! I made some garlic spray, but it doesn't seem to last as long as the stuff I bought last year, it was deer repellant and worked great! We just got another batch of babies, our 2nd this spring! GRRRR!

Hope everyone is doing good!
    I will try and be around a little more this month! : )

Vic

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, Vic, I looked through the box again before I threw it out. THANK YOU....you really shouldn't have.
    The Plant, the Birdfeeder and the hangy thang were plenty!!!!!!! I would have posted last night when I found them BUT I CUT MY BURIED PHONE LINE and then the SO cut out a section about a foot long (nother story), so NO PHONE or INTERNET until NOW....they just got finished and I had to reboot the internet modem and all...what a PAIN!

You ladies are just the bestest! Thank so very much! These boxes have made me feel very very special and lucky, thanks to all of you.

Ok now Vic ALSO sent:
    Walmart gift card!!!!!!! Woooohoooo thank you so very much, too too kind.
    Seeds:
    Coreopsis Lanceleaf
    Tithonia
    MG Mix
    Easter Egg Plant THANK YOU!
    Cosmos Sea Shell Mixed Comm
    Cosmos Bright Lights Mix Comm
    MG Clarke's Heavenly Blue Comm
    And she found the most perfect card, I have to share what it says:
    Happy Birthday
    to a woman
    who gives so much
    to others
    and makes
    a difference
    in so many lives
    (on front pic is a tulip garden with trees in the background)
    Happy Birthday
    to a woman who
    is admired and appreciated
    for being the truly special person
    sh is.
    Have a Wonderful Day (she marked through it and put YEAR)
    You Deserve

She also wrote in it Hope you enjoy your box!
    As promised Nothing for the inside! lol

That is true she did promise not to send anything for indoors!

Vic, thank you so very much! I will get pics later and posted them...I will prolly post them on the April side.

I can not thank you enough for this wonderful box....

Again, All thanks so much, my yard will be richer for the gifts you've bestowed me and I do apprecaite all I received!

Thanks again!