Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purpleacres

UPDATE: Acres 9th Edible Swap

purpleacres
14 years ago

Howdee there

Well all the mailers received are going in the mail tomorrow, Friday the 5th. Woo hoo I went through around 1300 seed packs with 37 people sending in mailers, This was a great swap and great fun to do. I really do my best I can when it comes to all my swaps. Just a few side note I did not count seed for seed. I believe some of you may have thought that is what I would of done. Of those who send in small mailers if you dont get as many packs back Im sorry you can only fit so many packets in itty bitty mailers. I also would have to say that my note that I send had a typo and I did not notice it until my husband saw the stack of extra notes I had. So it should say I really try to make this a fair and fun swap each year. And I sure do that.

Now on to the fun stuff The awards!

Happiest seed packs ÂÂ Ray_151 (Cute Cute)

Hugest bubble mailer ÂÂRay_151

Best nameÂÂÂÂÂ..Â. Joy Unspeakable (Love your name Tracy)

Simplest wish listÂÂÂÂÂ Lisa831

Newbie award ÂÂÂÂÂ...Samatha_ky

Newbie awardÂÂÂÂÂ.....Grannie Mable

Newbie awardÂÂÂÂÂÂ. Dusty314

"Smallest" wish listÂÂÂ.Greenthumbgrows

Most tomatoes Sent ÂÂ.ÂStrmywthr3

Most SupportiveÂÂÂÂÂÂ....Drippy (Thank you)

Best seed shipping organizationÂÂThehills

Best host giftÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Rane_grow (YUMM!)

Most organized wish listÂÂÂÂ.. Cybermeowz (AWESOME!!!)

Longest wish listÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ..Sassybutterfly (WOW)

Most stamps sentÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ..Sassybutterfly

Will ya all please post here when ya get your mailer. I sure hope ya all get something ya want and that you all have the best gardening season ever.

Acres

Comments (30)

• drippy
    14 years ago

Geez, Acres, how do you do that? Your turnaround time is awesome! Between you & Pattygrow5 (host of the What's Left On My Wishlist Swap, with another incredibly short turnaround time), I am awed. It took me a month to get the Theme Garden Swap seeds organized and out to people. Kudos to you!

• patti1957
    14 years ago

I received my seeds today! Thank you for all the time you put into this. I appreciate it. Looking forward to next year.

Patti

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Drippy,

It took me years to figure out the science of doing swaps. I have it down well now in a lovely organized mess. The seed I put in labeled boxes and the boxes take over my whole entire craft room for around a month. Sure its a pain in the bumm at times, Sure my hubby grumps abit and sure I grump a lot but it sure is rewarding. I tell my self and my hubby no more swaps and yet Im already planing on another lol.

Patti,

Awesome you got your seeds already that was quick. You are more than welcome.

Acres

I will be doing a few direct trades later on and will do a SASE post as well after a few things at the ol homestead mellows.

• slo_garden
    14 years ago

I can't wait! Thanks for getting them out so fast.

• joy_unspeakable
    14 years ago

WOW Tracy! That was fast. Coast to coast in no time.

My seeds arrived today! My birthday was yesterday and this was a great gift!! Thank you for all the hard work you put into this swap each year. And thank you for the BEST NAME AWARD - I'm honored. I'll be planting things this year that I didn't even know I wanted!!

One question. I received a nice little packet of garlic. I've never grown them, but have always wanted to. I'll have to do some research, but I'm pretty sure I plant them in the fall. Do I need to store them any special way before then? Any pointers on growing garlic will be helpful also.

Well two questions. I also received a pack of TomatoFest tomatoes but the label is missing. Any ideas? Might plant as 'mystery' tomato.

Thanks again for a great swap!!
    ~ Tracy

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

I got my package today!! Thank you for all the variety. I can't wait till I can get these in the ground!!

Heidi

• dem_pa
    14 years ago

I received my seeds today. Thanks to all who shared their seeds. I can't wait to get some of these planted.

Don

• dusty314
    14 years ago

THANK YOU! I received my seeds today! WOW! I'm so excited about gardening this spring! Thank you for hosting this swap. Thanks to everyone else too for all the great seeds!

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Yeah! Seeds are flying around! I didn't get mine yet but with all this snow and more on the way I am not surprised.

Thanks so much purple! I am excited to recieve the seeds, and thanks to everyone who shared a part of their garden with me :-)

Tammy

• drippy
    14 years ago

"Magoo, you've done it again!" (Mr. Magoo was one of my favorites growing up; sorry if you're too young to get the reference) - only I mean it in the opposite way from the way it was used on the show. Tracy, once again, you've given me a fabulous selection of seeds, certainly more than I sent in, and way more than I deserve. I spent 15 minutes playing with them and sorting them - they're a whole vegetable garden by themselves, even if I never had any other seeds!

I just love the overall selection - some of the bean seeds are almost too pretty to plant, don't you think? But plant them I will - soooo looking forward to having a place to do sustainable agriculture this summer. And in northern AL, you can plant beans quite late. Tomatoes, probably, too - when I lived in SC last summer, on the same latitude pretty much as I am now, I started some tomatoes in late June & they were starting to produce when I left in September - had to give 'em to friends, LOL.

But can you tell I'm excited?! Thank you, thank you!!

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I received my seeds today. I went through them immediately after I got home from work. I'm thrilled with the selection! Can't wait to have a little more time to go through them. Now I have to get dinner on the table!

• jmt2213
    14 years ago

Got mine today to. Can't wait to look all of them up. Thanks to all for sharing, and thanks to all who sent extras. Cheers to the host!

• cherone7
    14 years ago

Got my seeds today!! Had to think hard to remember which swap it was for! lol

It came at a great time too! Went almost straight from the mail to the starter pot! Come on, Spring, you can come now. Don't worry about that timid groundhog! What does HE know???

• lisa831
    14 years ago

I got my package today!! Thank you for the great variety. I can't wait to try the yellow zucchini and many more new seed to me. Thanks for hosting this great swap.

Lisa

• slo_garden
    14 years ago

I got my seed today. Thank you so much for your hard work!

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Howdeee

I am truly happy you all are getting your mailers soo quickly and that you are all soo happy with what ya received. I soo did my best to get ya all what ya wanted. I just got out my seed stash and will be doing direct trades after im done with my tomato pepper swap

Acres

• jessewo
    14 years ago

Seeds arrived yesterday-what fun! There's nothing like coming home from work to a big pack of surprises! I'm really excited with the selection-I love these swaps for starting me on seeds I might not have tried otherwise. This is going to be a big year for beans-I can't wait! Thanks again!

• opie12
    14 years ago

got my seeds yesterday, thanks

• strmywthr3
    14 years ago

my seeds came yesterday! thanks so much to everyone! can't wait to get started planting!

Barbi

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    14 years ago

Hi everybody,

YAY ! I got my seeds today !!! WOW ! its great to go thru them and see all the awesome edibles I can plant come spring !!

Purpleacres , thank you so much for all your hard work making this swap so much fun for us and thank yous go out to everyone in the swap who shared their seeds !

Now if only this snow will just melt away and bring on the warm spring sunshine ( more snow expected tonight) ( sigh its already sleeting ) Its too easy to get depressed with this winter weather but sharing seeds with everyone on GW is a godsend ! Thanks again everyone !

~Iris

• cybermeowz
    14 years ago

Acres,

My seeds came today or yesterday (I was out of town)!! Thank you so much for such a great selection of edibles. I can't wait to grow them!! Now you said that I had the most organized list but I just printed out my very long wish list from GardenWeb because I couldn't decided what I wanted most! I'm very surprised (and glad) that I didn't have the longest wish list!!! LOL!

Thanks again for a great swap.

Penny

• nicolita
    14 years ago

Hooray! I got my package today, that was fast! Can't wait to try those red noodle beans and Cinderella pumpkins :) Thank you so much for sharing everyone, and especially to Tracy for moderating!
    -Nicolita

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

I received my amazing package yesterday YAY!!! So many new and wonderful varieties...even new types of tomatoes I don't have..."is that possible?" lol Didn't put in a wish list...cause I didn't know what to wish for lol.

Thank you for such a great swap...once again, you've outdone yourself.

WAY TO GO ACRES!!! THANK YOU!!!

• dogzebo
    14 years ago

I got my seeds today! Thanks!!! It was a wonderful combo. Thank you Acres for coordinating the swap!!!

• organic_selah
    14 years ago

I got my seeds today and everything looks GREAT thank you SO much everyone!!!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Wow Toni.. a vegetable you DON'T have!?! hehe

Haven't seen mine yet but hopefully by this wkend! I can't wait!!

~Wendy / sassyb.

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Wow Purple, trying to find things Toni doesn't have is a challenge!

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Yeah, but she did it ;) Only a couple items out of 50 that I have. And I have a little garden guru coming up that wants all the repeats...so he's thrilled too ;)

Hope you all enjoy your packages as much I did.

Toni

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

I finally got my package yesterday! YAY! Thanks again!!

~Wendy / sassyb.

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Gosh Im good ...lol

Just kidding this s just one of those fun things that I do. Actually its a love hate relationship. haha!! I know I make mistakes like everyone does but hey its only seeds and its all in fun

Toni, I am so glad you received some you did not have. You send in such great seeds I try to make sure you get some great seeds back. Infact you had the seeds that everyone wanted.

Acres