Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirt_under_my_nails

update: mnf frugal feb. round 2!!!!

Welcome to MNF's Frugal February Swap!!!

Guidelines::

~Seeds that make you think Valentine's Day! Pink, White or Red blooming flowers.If your up to the challenge, maybe even send seeds with Love, Cupid,Heart,Arrow, Valentine,or CHOCOLATE included in their name!!!

~One HANDMADE (ONLY!!) Valentine Card

~Chocolate Treat

~Anything else your heart desires to send but...it MUST all fit into a SMALL Flat Rate Box with delivery confirmation.

Partners are posted!!!

Boxes should be mailed NO later than Feb 5th so that they are guaranteed to arrive by Valentine's Day.So start crafting & packing NOW!

Partner list::

Bunny to Margo

Margo to Linda

Linda to Kathy/catrionaa

Kathy/catrionaa to Dan

Dan to Alicia

Alcia to Kathy/jaleesia

Kathy/jaleesia to April/me

April/me to Pinkhill

Pinkhill to Robin

Robin to Heidi

Heidi to Robin1962-2008

Robni1962-2008 to Beth b

Beth B to Cryptid

Cryptid to Gladys

Gladys to Laura

Laura to Hazelnutbunny

Bingo is in session!!!

P 41

later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

Bingo called so far:

I 60

C 12

P 45

I 50

P 41

Comments (150)

• smitties
    14 years ago

The DC number says my package was sorted for delivery today but we have already recieved our mail in the mailbox and no package. The weather is really bad so I am wondering if the postman did not want to take the time to bring it up to the house. If that is the case, they won't deliver it tomorrow either because it is supposed to get much worse. So much for priority mail.

My kids deliver papers and they have never missed a day. As a matter of fact, if they did, they would probably lose their routes. We have had days where the post office closed and the papers were delivered.

I did get another number from the new three posted but it didn't get me any closer to a win. :( I will keep trying.

Off to lunch out with hubby while we can still get out. Margo

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Margo, I just checked what time your package was sorted, and it said 10am. There is a high probability that your carrier left the office before that, which means the parcels weren't ready in time at your office today. This happens where I work pretty often. Every day there are a few packages that get left behind because they haven't been sorted out yet when it's time for the carrier to load their vehicle and go to their route. I leave parcels behind probably once or twice a week, for one reason or another. So, don't give up. If you'd like, you could go to your office and pick up your package. Just tell the window clerk you've been tracking it online, and the usps.com website says it's there. If your carrier doesn't bring you your package tomorrow, is (s)he able to safely get to your door? During the winter months, I have to notify about a third of the people receiving packages because either their driveway isn't plowed, it's too slippery from ice, or I'm not able to safely drive up and down their driveway. There are even some driveways I won't go into during the summer. I do this because driving on the passenger side of a vehicle changes everything, be it blindspots, awkwardness of driving, etc, which is something a lot of people don't think about.
    Hopefully you'll get your box tomorrow, and all will be well. In the meantime, thanks for giving me a chance to get up on my soapbox...lol!

This morning I went out looking for some reading glasses which would allow me to get online without stressing out my eyes. I went to 3 different places, and finally found a pair at the dollar store, of all places. They're fugly, but they'll do the job until my new ones come in. Life is good.

Peace.
    -Dan

• smitties
    14 years ago

Ok, now I am mad. The DC number says my package was delivered. I can assure you it was not!!! My husband watched the driver pull up and put the envies we received in the mailbox and there was no package. I am sure Bunny put the correct address on the box. I will call the post office in the morning to find out what's up.

Hey Dan, I am curious, could they report they delivered it even though they did not?

I want my box!!!!

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

If they were putting it with hold mail they could. But, obviously you're not having your mail held. Call the office as soon as they open up so you can talk with your carrier. Let me know what happens.

• cryptid
    14 years ago

Received my box from Beth, three days ago. Would have posted straight away, but as soon as Elly & I got back from checking the mail, Elly's mom called and we had to head out to the folks' to help with a few things, like tossing around 50 pound sacks of goose feed, splitting kindling and moving firewood. Also did some laundry while we were out there. Thank goodness it didn't rain till we finished-up with all the outdoor stuff! As a thank you, Mom and El's sister, Sharla, went to town and brought back Albertson's fried chicken, potato salad, cole slaw and 2 Little Caesars "Hot-N-Ready" pepperoni pizzas (mainly for Roy, who can really pack it away, without packin' it on - LOL). Didn't get back home till quite a bit later than I thought we would,...and,...well, let's just say the combination of physical labor, a fulsome meal and the hour together conspired against any notion I might've otherwise entertained about posting that I'd received Beth's box, etc. - But, I'm here now, and we gonna get `er done, you bet!

----------

Can't believe it! Didn't even get this sucker posted last night! In my own defense, I can only say we had something of a "Roy Day", yesterday, and it was quite distracting and energy draining. Roy Days are days when Roy "acts out" and defiantly proclaims himself "The Boss", demanding this, demanding that,...sometimes, with yelling and screaming, spitting, and occasionally smacking the ceiling with the back of his hand (then going "Oww!"). We've learned to basically ignore certain behaviors and elsewise finesse others. There are days, and there are daze,...some good, some not so good, some horrible. But, that's just the way it is with an Autistic, developmentally disabled 25 yr. old. Y'never know, from day to day. Okay,...enough of this. On to Beth's wonderful box! :)

Beth! Thank you to the 5th power!! What a fantabulous box of special goodies! Thanks for the cute heart card, to start off with, and then the red Valentine heart windchime (determined by Elly, at this point, to be way too cute for the abuse of outdoor weathering, thus it remains an indoor ornament for the time being).

Major culinary thanks for the "Best Recipes Diabetic Cookng" cookbook! Lotsa yummy gulp-chomp-slurp in there!! :) I especially appreciate recipes with pictures. Wherever sugar is mentioned, though, I'm thinkin' either Splenda and/or Stevia.

Thank you for the totally kewl, colorful postcards (one all about the state of Arizona, the other featuring a "Desert Coyote")! I know coyotes, intelligent, adaptable canids that they are, can be found just about everywhere, but it's always astounding to consider just how adaptable they really are! It's so totally kewl they occasionally visit your yard! We have coyotes here, too, of course, but I have yet to see one, even though every so often you can hear a pack vocalizing in the field
    across the road. Still, being on the river, we get quite a few different critters coming down our street...

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Morning ALL!

Suzanne~ glad you enjoyed your box!!!

Bingo~
    C 5
    C 15
    P 31

Boxes Sent/Received

Bunny~sent/received
    Margo~sent
    Linda~sent/received
    Kathy/catrionaa~sent/received
    Dan~sent/received
    Alicia~sent/received
    Kathy/jaleesia~sent/received
    April/me~sent/received
    Pinkhill~sent/received
    Robin~sent
    Heidi~sent
    Robin 1962-2008~sent
    Beth B~sent
    Cryptid ~sent/received
    Gladys~sent/received
    Laura~sent/received

later...April

I 60
    C 12
    P 45
    I 50
    P 41
    I 51
    D 75
    U 21
    I 59
    U 19
    D 61
    D 71
    I 46
    D 65
    I 55
    C 9
    C 5
    C 15
    P 31

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Margo~ What in the WORLD is up with your box?!? Good golly, it shouldn't take a week for priority. If I was sending it to DC, where it had to travel through 4 ft of snow, I could understand...maybe...but since I mailed it out a week ago... PTTHHHHPPPP!
    And it says delivered? And it HASN'T been? Ok, now I KNOW I sent it to the address you gave me, I even double checked!
    GRRRRRRRRR!
    But then, I tossed a brand new Cd in the garbage yesterday, and put my cell phone through the washer. I am most definitely losing what few marbles I have left. (they never mentioned the loss of brain cells with pregnancy in child birth class!!) So I suppose it's possible that I sent it to your next door neighbor. UGH.

Oh, phooey.
    Well, Margo....If it doesn't appear today, please let me know! I will GLADLY send you another box! (this time, though, I may use FedEx! Or carrier pigeon!! Maybe St Bernard or dog sled, with all this snow we're getting!! Gee Whiz!!!)
    This is SO disappointing.

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

All those numbers and I have a total of 3 on my CUPID card :o(

The snow has been coming down pretty steady here. I suppose I will have to go out and shovel soon. Better to shovel twice then to hurt myself shoveling once!!

Heidi

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

with all this weather and things going on in people's personal life, I thought maybe I'd move us from the veranda into the conservatory. You didn't know that MNF's had a conservatory? Well, I just built it and thought maybe we would enjoy our tea, coffee and snacks in there instead...if everyone would like a guided tour plese let me know...I'll be happy to take everyone on a guided tour...
    "pausing at the door with hand on handle"

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Darrin, great box. Nice work getting all that in a small box Beth!

Melissa, we used to have a sign in the laundry room that just said "CHECK POCKETS!" so you aren't alone in sending strange things through the wash.

Linda, I would love a tour! If you pour the tea Ill bring the cookies. And lemon paczki!
    ~Laura

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

this tour will be in three parts if winter weary gardeners would like to see it....the first tour will begin shortly...

• pinkhill
    14 years ago

Mellissa while I was pregnant I would put milk in the cabinet. Cereal in the fridge. I completely forgot to pick up my teenage nephew from school. Promised I would and even wrote a note to remind myself. My sister still gets riled at me when that one is mentioned. It's normal and very irritating. My doc said it was because the baby was using so much of my energy to grow that there wasnt enuf left for me.
    I love the saying, "Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children."

woohoo. One away from CUPID.

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

hand on brass doorknob turning slowly and opening, a whiff of delightfully perfumed warm air tickles our noses"ÂcÂmon everyone step inside and remove your shoes and coats. "Pointing to winding path of Irish moss and spreading thyme", you can remove your socks and go barefoot if you likeÂ"wiggling bare toes"Â u

As you notice, our conservatory is all glass and dome shaped. The light breeze is from the fans that keep the air moving. The whole area is about a mile in diamenter and thereÂs lots to see and enjoy. There are three areas and this is the first one. I call it "Serenity".

Shall we begin? As we stroll along the path youÂll notice the koi pond surrounded by a fern grotto and natural stones. With the small waterfall I find it very soothing to pause here for awhile" "placing hand in water while koi nibble on it"Âthe pond is 4 ft by ft and made from field stone. The water hycinth and pond lilies adds some color to it, donÂt you think? If you look close, youÂll see a frog or two staring back at you and the occasional damsel and dragon fly. In this pond are several type of koi. We have the Kahaku, (white koi with red in varying patterns), the showa (black koi with red and with markings) the utsuri momo (the pattern is inverted across the fishÂs back like a checkerboard) and the Asagi-Shusui (the oldest types of koi. It has blue scales edged in white). "passing around fish food nuggets for everyone to feed the koi with"..these guys are really friendly!

In the fern grotto is the lovely Lady in Red fern. The ferns display vibrant burgundy stems that contrast to the green lacy leaves.."pulling back leaves to display stems". Next we have the Japanese Painted Fern. YouÂll notice the 2 foot fronds are gray green with contrasting wine red veining and stems. This fern is one that IÂm going to try to grow in my shade garden this year. We also have Clayton, Cinnamon, and maidenhair ferns growing nicely over hereÂ"waving hand". One of my favorites is this Ostrich fern, it grows to about 3-5 ft tall.."standing beside it and letting it tickle my nose"

If you look closely around the ferns youÂll see different types of woodland wildflowers such as: trillium, Virginia bluebells, bloodroot, DutchmanÂs breeches (I think these guys are so cute!), Jack-in-the-pulpit (these always fascinate me!), wild geranium and shooting stars. We also have hiding behind the Lady in Red fern, lady slippers! If you notice the scent of wintergreen, itÂs the creeping wintergreen around that rock over there. The bright red fruits are what is giving off the scent. Would anyone like to spend a little time here and relax? Put their feet in the water, sit by the waterfall? Feed the fish, check out the ferns and flowers?Â"sitting down by the waterfall and letting it splash over my fingers".

• smitties
    14 years ago

It came, it came. Bunny's package was in the mailbox today. Not sure if they actually gave it to a neighbor yesterday and they put it in the box or if the mailman forgot to deliver it yesterday. Either way, it arrived safe and sound and now I am content from a chocolate rush.

In the box was
    Three yummy Ghirdelli Chocolate squares
    Avon peppermint delight bubble bath (going to relax with this later tonight)
    Seed baggies
    Package of cocoa mix (gone)
    Palmers lip butter (got it on now for my dry lips)
    3 White chocolate kisses tea bags
    3 Sweetheart cinnamon tea bags
    2 Hersheys 100 calorie bars
    Sweet william, daylily, and painters pallette seeds
    And last and I will explain since I don't know what to call it. This is a quilt square gathered at the corners with red ribbon to look like a little lidless box. It is very pretty and I could use it in a lot of ways. I have to ask you Bunny, is this a coaster, a fun box for whatnot???? Either way, I like it alot.

Thank you for the wonderful treats bunny. I hope I listed all of them. Again, thank your son for posting it for you. I appreciated that and it made the box a little more special.

Margo

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

*giggle*
    *snort*
    *guffaw*

"a whiff of delightfully perfumed warm air tickles our noses"

When I first read that, I thought.."pickles" our noses? Wha???
    ROFL!!
    *wiping tears*
    Ooohkay. I'm much better now. *teehee*

I misunderstand things ALL the time, and I crack up so easily over stupid things. Once, I got kicked out of church because I cracked up over something the preacher said! I couldn't even tell you now what he said, but it struck me as FUNNY, and I couldn't control my giggling. I don't laugh- I giggle like a schoolgirl- but at least I do so quietly. It's the tears streaming down my face & the clutching of my sides that does me in.

But I'm better now.
    *snort*
    I think....

ANYWHOO~ YAY!!! Margo's box got there!! :o) No need to send out the hounds!! The "box" is just that- a little thingy majigy that you can use for whatever you like. I HAVE made coasters to go inside before, so you can use it to store those in...or just whatever you'd like. I make all different sizes, this one is about the smallest I've done. The larger ones I put handles on and use some batting & netting to stiffen the bottom so they can be used as baskets.
    Anyway, I hope you enjoy the box, Margo! I'm sorry it took so long to get to you! Good thing it wasn't summer, huh? :o)

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

well Bunny, at least I made you laugh.."G"..

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Linda I am loving the tour. I felt warm for the first time this winter...then I looked outside and saw that it was still snowing :o)

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Margo, nice box! Sounds like it was worth the wait.

*lays down on the moss, arms and legs splayed out and flapping* I'm making grass angels! Hey Linda, why haven't you told us about this mile large glass bio-dome wonder before?? It's just beautiful. *sighs* Imagine all the photography projects I could do in here! Today, in my quest to do homework, I think I weirded out a shop owner. I quite literally walked into a lamp store and said "Hi, I'm a photo student... can I take some pictures in here?" She was very nice and let me, but I could tell she was definitely confused. Remind me next week-ish and if the project turns out well then I'll post the results here for yall to see!
    ~Laura

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Laura! You're scaring the rabbits away with all your arm flapping...lol! Can we really call this a conservatory? It's so large, it's more like a bio-dome. I love it though. Linda, that's not a waterfall I hear, is it?

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Evening!!!

Bunny~sent/received
    Margo~sent/received
    Linda~sent/received
    Dan~sent/received
    Alicia~sent/received
    April/me~sent/received
    Pinkhill~sent/received
    Robin~sent
    Heidi~sent
    Robin 1962-2008~sent
    Beth B~sent
    Cryptid ~sent/received
    Gladys~sent/received
    Laura~sent/received

Wooo Hooo 4 more boxes to go & this swap will be complete!!

Bingo~
    D 73
    U 16
    D 74

Bingo called so far....
    I 60
    C 12
    P 45
    I 50
    P 41
    I 51
    D 75
    U 21
    I 59
    U 19
    D 61
    D 71
    I 46
    D 65
    I 55
    C 9
    C 5
    C 15
    P 31
    D 73
    U 16
    D 74

later...April

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

April, that gives me one more number... woohoo!!!

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hi everybody, just cheking to say hi.

Lots of great boxes I see.

Read thru some post especialy the ones about going to the eye Dr.
    I had a prety good fall on Sunday I tried to clean the parking lot with my face and needless to say I not busted my glasses I busted my face. Fun,Fun I aways wondered what road burn was all about, now I know LOL

It'so good to see how much fun you are having. :o)
    Hugs, Carmen

• beth_b_kodiak
    14 years ago

HI April
    My box was received and posted on Monday the 8th.
    It was a mini spa in a box and it was great.
    Darrin and Ellie may get another little package as I see I forgot his seeds. OH well, that spreads out the fun.
    BB

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bingo~
    C 2
    I 57
    D 67

Beth~ Thanks for letting me know!! Sorry I missed the post. That's what I get for skimming!!!

Carmen~ OUCH!!Praying that it doesn't leave a scar!!

Bunny~sent/received
    Margo~sent/received
    Linda~sent/received
    Dan~sent/received
    Alicia~sent/received
    April/me~sent/received
    Pinkhill~sent/received
    Robin~sent
    Heidi~sent
    Robin 1962-2008~sent
    Beth B~sent/received
    Cryptid ~sent/received
    Gladys~sent/received
    Laura~sent/received

later...April

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

WOW amazing how my CUPID card went from nothing to only needing 1 number.

USPS says my box is delivered. I think Robin said that she was going out town for a few days. I hope she is having a nice trip with all this crazy weather.

Heidi

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Hi guys! I want to let everyone know that the Great Backyard Bird Count is this weekend the 12th through 15th. People all over the US and Canada will be participating as "citizen scientists". You can watch as much or as little as you want, from wherever, and submit your info to the link below so official scientists can learn about the bird population! I had never heard of the backyard count before, and I think this is such a cool idea, so I want everyone to help out please. The how-to information is on the FAQ page.

Zoe is getting a jump on the bird watching, and Rufus is 'helping' me type by sleeping across my forearms and keyboard. He says hello to everyone, I'm sure.
    ~Laura (and kitties)

Here is a link that might be useful: Great Backyard Bird Count

• smitties
    14 years ago

I'll be away some of this weekend but to tell you the truth, due to the fact that we only have slightly bigger than seedling trees and very small bushes, we don't have very many winter birds. A hawk or two can be spotted but not much else. I will check into it and see what I might be able to do. Thanks for the information.

I have a few of the latest numbers. I have absolutely no numbers in the U column.

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

there aren't many birds flying at all with this snow..sometimes I can hear them but I can't see them. I can't even get to my bird feeders to feed them!

• cryptid
    14 years ago

Hey there, y'all!

Carmen - "Oooo, major ouch, girl!!" Truly sorry to hear about your unfortunate blacktop encounter!! Sux-scissors to the max, but your fab positive attitude totally rocks big time!

Laura, I may well participate in tomorrow's "Great Backyard Bird Count", while continuing with Winter Sowing. Shoulda tossed around some seed yesterday. This time o' year our guests are mostly Doves, Chickadees and Finches.

Blessings to all! :)

Hittin' th' sack,...:)

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Carmen so sorry to hear about your fall. Hope everything is healing nicely.

I will have to change mine to the Front Yard Bird Count as that's where the feeders are! We've had a lot this winter. I even saw a couple of robins the other day. I don't know if there were lost or what!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Morning All!!!!!
    School will be getting out @ 12:00 today as that dirty S word was mentioned. Yes I know, we're wimps!!!! I don't think we will get that much, but they had rather be safe then sorry.

Bingo~
    I 47
    P 38
    P 35

As far as the bird count, we get chickadees, nuthatch & downy woodpeckers @ our bird bell we hang out.Will check out the link. Think the kiddos might enjoy counting birds.

later...April

I 60
    C 12
    P 45
    I 50
    P 41
    I 51
    D 75
    U 21
    I 59
    U 19
    D 61
    D 71
    I 46
    D 65
    I 55
    C 9
    C 5
    C 15
    P 31
    D 73
    U 16
    D 74
    C 2
    I 57
    D 67
    I 47
    P 38
    P 35

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

From my Weather Man...
    Today will be the last day of after 7am Sunrises until next November!!! ...And, we're getting 3 minutes more daylight per day, nearly 20 minutes per week!!! Winter is now about 82% OVER!!! OVER!!! OVER!!! Just over two weeks until March...the first month of Spring!!!

He is a bit crazy. Must be why people like to watch him.

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

My kind of weather man, Heidi! ;)

Anndddd....I'm in T-R-O-U-B-L-E here. Just got a catalog from David Austin roses. Oh jiminy.
    Bulbs? Tempting, but I can generally pass.
    Seeds? Eh..they're OK, but I'm rarely tempted.
    Perennials? Well...depends on the type, but I'm usually a good girl.

But ROSES?? Oh just shoot me now, because I'm going to be going through this book until the pages fall out & they're covered in drool stains. My kids told me to pick out my favorites, and they'd drop hints to daddy for Mother's day. I just said "here, you may as well take the whole darn catalog".

Good thing they don't offer credit!! LOL!

• winnie850
    14 years ago

You all are probably sick of hearing my snow-whinings! I hope this is the last. The Gov of Md. called a state of emergency on Weds and Thursday and it really was impossible to get out. It was a blizzard like I've never seen. This season, we have over 79 inches of snow - more than Buffalo or Chicago. We were snowed in but we had electricity and a fridge full of food. I finished the chocolates in the box that Darrin (Cryptid) sent...they were wonderful and much appreciated during the blizzard.

I am so excited, we are watching our grand-dog this weekend while my daughter and her husband are off to ski. I tried to convince them our backyard would be perfect but they seem to feel the slopes in West Virginia will be better. Our grand-dog's name is Boh (after National Bohemian beer) and is the most wonderful pet. He's a lab/golden mix and he lives for fetching the ball. Since we had to put our dog Doogie (16+years old) down two months ago, we have looked forward to the presence of a canine and Boh is the best!

This Presidents' weekend is a perfect time to wintersow and my garden web friends have given me so many interesting seeds...can't wait.

Carmen, that fall sounds awful! Its so terrible when you fall like that. Its happened to so many people I know. I hope you a better soon.

Dan, how are the bifocals working out?

Darrin, I have a 23 year old nephew who is autistic. He does not have "Evan Days" very often but he is a real handful. He is crazy for "doo wop" music and having his own ipod really helps.

Happy Presidents' day and Valentine's Day...and Backyard Bird Counting (we have lots of Junckos!)

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

No bifocals yet, I'm using a pair of reading glasses from the dollar store to work. My new glasses should be here before next Thursday though.

Everyone have a great couple of holidays!!!

Peace.
    -Dan

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bingo~
    U 25
    U 24
    U 20

Think I'll turn in early tonight. Not feeling all that great. Looking at 2 inches of snow is NOT making me feel any better.
    I know it's ONLY 2 inches, but for us thats a lot. Plus this is the 2nd snowfall this year. One is quite enough thank you!!!

I'll quit whining now, I couldn't wrap my head around 79 inches. BRRR.....

later..April

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Hi all
    I just got back from seeing Percy Jackson and the Lightning thief. It was great. I haven't read the book yet, but I am told that it is different. Now next on my list is the wolfman. Oh and last night I saw couples retreat. Not a bad movie, but not one that I would buy.

Lots of Drama at the house today. Septic tank was blocked. Just when my husband was about to give up be broke through the clog. Two days ago our microwave broke, but we had a back up. I guess I am trying to look at the positive and think even though this crap (no pun intended) happened...we have been able to fix it.

Well I am off to do laundry and dishes. Have lots to catch up on now that I can use the water again!!

Heidi

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

ahhhh...the Wolfman, yep I want to see that one too! I also want to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie. Jeff and I decided that we're going to do that the end of next week for Valentine's Day. We like to go in the daytine during the week when everyone is at work and school.."L".

Carmen, I'm sorry to hear about your fall! I hope you're fefeling better. My dear MIL took a tumble on Christmas morning. Jeff said that she had a black eye but when I went over the next day and she opened the door I very tactfully shouted "OMG!" Her entire face from her nose up was purple, blue, green and yellow! It took about two weeks for it all to go away. She had slipped on the ice. I ordered her a pair of those rubber grip things you put on your shoes and she's felt very safe walking now.

I put birdseed in the feeders but so far all I've counted are deer! I'll have to try again!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bingo~~
    C 4
    U 22
    U 28
    P 40

later...April

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

April, you're teasing me with those numbers! LOL! I got one out of the four, with so many close possibilities, yet so far!
    How's everyone else doing on Bingo?

• cryptid
    14 years ago

Hiya, Dan! I'm only shy of CUPID by one in two rows. - Elly's brother came up here from Eureka, CA, this afternoon, and he treated to dinner at the "China Buffet" (We looove it when Bob comes to visit!), then we all regrouped at Elly's folks to visit for a while, cruising through El's family history archives. Of course I had to transfer firewood to the folks' back porch as usual. Stayed there till rather late and now I'm quite ready to hit th' sack. So,......later-n-stuff! :)

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Happy Valentines Day everyone!! I celebrated last night when my sister came to visit. I need one number for cupid diagonally and 2 for it straight across the bottom.

My MIL lives in SC and sent me a picture of all the show she got. Anyone else down that way?

Heidi

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Heidi~I'm an hour of Atlanta, we got around 2 1/2 to 3 inches. It's STILL out there too....I like it when it's GONE 4 hours after it falls!!
    Sorry that your box didn't reach you before Valentine's...>:(

Bunny~sent/received
    Margo~sent/received
    Linda~sent/received
    Dan~sent/received
    Alicia~sent/received
    April/me~sent/received
    Pinkhill~sent/received
    Robin~sent/tracking shows delivered
    Heidi~sent
    Robin 1962-2008~sent
    Beth B~sent/received
    Cryptid ~sent/received
    Gladys~sent/received
    Laura~sent/received

I believe this is the longest bingo game we've ever done. Here's a few more #s. Hope they help!!
    C 3
    D 62
    P 39
    U 29

later...April

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Still no CUPID. All the numbers seem to be one above or below what I need :o)

Heidi

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

BINGO!!!!!
    D61 D71 D75 D62 D65

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Yeah Linda!!!!

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Happy Valentines Day everyone!! I'm so close yet so far from bingo... 2 ways to make it with just one number and 5 ways to make it with two numbers. Dan you're getting one out of four? You lucky dog, you!
    ~Laura

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Congrats Linda!!!

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

CONGRATULATIONS LINDA!!! You get the frozen turkey!!!

I don't remember a bingo game ever going so long, does anyone else?

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Kathy, I wish you were here to see how the cats are playing with that squirrel you sent. It's become their favorite toy, getting batted around the house and carried around like a dog with its bone, it's just too cool! I've even seen Bump hide it in the kitty carrier, only to have Stella find it later and carry it to another room so she can play with it. LOL!