Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ishareflowers

2014 commercial seed swap 2

Welcome to the 2014 Commercial Seed Swap...Please read all the rules carefully as some have changed from last year. I know there are a lot of rules but it helps to make this a nice swap.
Here are the rules:

1. COMMERCIAL SEEDS only (seeds that were purchased, not collected)

2. They must be seeds from 2012, 2013 or 2014

3. They cannot be dollar store type seeds (.29-.59.or .99 cent packages)

3a. There are no mixes allowed, zinnia, cosmos, bachelors buttons, marigolds and so on.....

4. In the original package is best but if that's not possible, please label where they were purchased, what year they are from and your screen name.

5..Please do not send seeds that are known to have a short shelf life.

5. There will be a 25 pack limit on VEGETABLE seeds this year. NO LIMIT ON FLOWER seeds. (I am doing this because I do not have a large personal stash of veggie seeds to fill in and make a great package for the veggie gardener)

6. No more than 3 packs of the same type of seed (please don't make 3 packets of the same seed with 5 seeds in each package) I have purchased seeds that come with only 10 seeds to a package and shared only 5 seeds of that, However, I have also had seeds sent in with 3 packages of 10 mixed marigold seeds. This is not fair.

7. If you send in all vegetable seeds, you will get back all vegetable seeds. I had a member send in all veggie seeds and request only flower seeds in return, this I cannot do. the same goes for flowers.

I mark what each member sent so if you send in 25 veggies and 10 flowers, you will get back 25 veggies and 10 flowers.

8. Seed amounts, this is always a challenge. If you ordered a package of seeds and it came with a thousand seeds, chances are it is meant to be planted in masses. Please keep that in mind when sending some to your fellow gardener.

8a. These are commercial seeds so know that you will not always get a full gw trade amount "25 seeds>. It could be you only get 5 seeds of a perennial geranium because it was purchased with 10 seeds to begin with.

9. I will be posting a separate thread titled Commercial seed swap wish lists only. I ask that you put your seed wish list here for easier matching up for me.

MAILING RULES:

Seeds must reach me by March,1st

Please put in a return mailing label along with your postage for the ride home.

Postage should be what it cost you to send plus a little extra. This can be cash or stamps. I prefer cash because I mail from the Post Office and can pay exact amount due. When I have stamps, I have to put an extra stamp on for .20 cents due. I don't like paying them extra....lol Any excess $$$ will be returned!

I do send seeds from my garden IF they are on your wish list. This is a gift and not counted towards my contribution to the swap.

Seeds will e returned to you no later than March,15th. This allows you time to plant your new bounty!

No one has hit the number yet! Keep...

Comments (82)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Okay, this game is getting boring. I will wait until 6pmish tomorrow to give people a chance to guess again and whatever person guesses closest to the actual number will be the winner.

Lisa

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

476 is today's guess. :)

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

466 today.

• lovesblooms
    10 years ago

Good morning. I'll guess 413.

• sjc48
    10 years ago

I'll guess 411!

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

How about 433? :)

• Blunderbee
    10 years ago

I guess 485.

• jaynine
    10 years ago

457 pkts

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    10 years ago

492pks.

• jas_il
    10 years ago

460 pks

• mcc371
    10 years ago

hmm, okay I wonder if the lucky number is 471

• lunar_owl
    10 years ago

How 'bout 428?

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We have a winner....Suzanne (hibiscusfan). I have taken in 495 packets of seeds for the swap. This does not include seeds that aren't allowed and being returned or mine.

Suzanne, I will add something from your list for a prize.

Okay, I guess per person. I'll give 24 hours and then pick a winner.

How many packets of seeds do I have in players bags as of tonight?

Lisa

• leeann
    10 years ago

Due date is fast approaching! Finished packing my seeds today, will be getting them ship-shape tomorrow to get them to you before March 1st!!

As a newbie with mostly veggie seeds & only 6-7 commercial flower packs (yikes)...I want to send in as much as I can as a proactive thank you for any flower seed "blessings" to try. I plan to send extra postage to cover any kindness-seed-shares.

Good idea to send freebie packs of collected seeds or should I wait & for a collected-seed swap?
    I have a lot of collected wave petunia (on many wish lists) & romaine lettuce seeds.
    Please let me know, will be finalizing my mailer envelope today.
    Thanks so much! Leeann

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh Leeann, Please keep your garden seeds with you! I only send garden seeds to people because it's my swap and if I have it, why not send it along. I can't imagine having to deal with whats commercial/non commercial at the final packing stage of the swap.

I"ll send you plenty of collected flower seeds to start your flower garden and some extras to swap with, no thank you seeds needed. I'm happy to feed your flower seed addiction..lol

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have seeds here from the following players:

poisondartfrog
    zoemom
    fresc1000
    claylady
    dirtkicker
    crystalline
    panhandle
    atravers
    roper
    sjc48
    mcc371
    naturegirl
    hibiscusfan

waiting on seeds from:

pinkiris
    jas-il
    jaynine
    lovesblooms
    canyonwind
    leann
    blunderbee
    helenb
    katsgarden
    paperfinch
    risingcreek
    smithmal
    nightowls
    mamaof2
    cghpnd
    cmwsquirrl
    billings
    nisnj

just got emails about joining in

lonecowboy
    pmb2005

I would love to hear who is still in and who has decided to drop out. Of course, it's fine either way. It would just be helpful to know if you are in so I can pull seeds from my stash before packages start coming in like crazy.

Lisa

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Lisa,

I am still in....so behind on everything! I will post when I send....heck, I better send soon, the deadline is fast approaching!

Happy Tuesday! Hope all is well!

Annie

• lunar_owl
    10 years ago

I'm still in and will be sending tomorrow - hopefully ðÂÂÂ

Do you have 15 seeds in each bag?

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nightowl, I don't understand your question. Do I have 15 seeds in each bag.....what bag are we talking about?

Annie, Glad to hear that you are still playing. I have a nice bag going for you :)

It's snowing here AGAIN!

Jas-il I got your seeds, I'll be sending you an email soon.

Lisa

10 years ago

Wow I won a prize! Thanks Lisa. We had a beautiful day here, finally got above freezing and sunny, hope it's headed your way.

• jas_il
    10 years ago

Lisa, if you have sent an email please let me know. I see no email so far in my inbox.
    Thanks

• cghpnd
    10 years ago

OH MY GOODNESS! They STILL didn't reach you? GRRRRR. Its been over a week. Wellll I guess I cant get mad we did just have what they call a snow storm...

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good Morning All,

Jas, I'll resend.

Cgh, We have had snow for 10 out of the past 12 days here in MA. I'm sure they are just delayed.

Let's play a game while I wait for packages.

Wheel of fortune style.....take your spin once a day!

_ _ / _ / _ _ _ / _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ / _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ / _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

PLEASE no using word finders! The prize for this one will be, I pay the postage to return your package.

Happy guessing

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Is anyone interested in hibiscus blue river 2 or luna pink swirl seeds? These ARE NOT commercial. I am trying to reduce my stash. I also have calendula zeolights, 1 pack of commercial, the rest collected and torenia, a yellow and pink mix up for grabs. I probably have enough to give each player a dozen seeds each. Please post here if your interested and sent extra postage. I will post a list of collected seeds up for grabs each day, you may choose only one per day to be fair and give others a chance at some seeds.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

Good Morning, Lisa! I would definitely love some of your calendula zeolights saved seeds. I'll take ANY home-saved seeds that you want to pass-on. Thank you!

• sjc48
    10 years ago

I'm guessing the letter "t", if that's what we are supposed to do!
    We had rain here all day yesterday, temps in the high 30s! It's supposed to get cold again next week, but for now, this is quite the relief!
    Shirley!

10 years ago

Lisa I would love to have some hibiscus Blue River II and Pink Swirl. Thanks

• lovesblooms
    10 years ago

I'll take an "O," Lisa. I'd be happy to have some hibiscus blue river II seeds, thanks!

Just waiting on a group swap to see if I can add some more flower seeds to my pack. They're ready to go out after I receive them, probably by Monday or Tuesday.

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

Lisa -- I noticed that my name was no included in the "received seeds" list. Please reconfirm that you have received my package :) Thanks! Jessica

10 years ago

I'll chose e. Just noticed one pick a day for seeds would be Blue River II.

• naturegirl_2007 5B SW Michigan
    10 years ago

I'd love to try the hibiscus pink swirl seeds. I've never grown hibiscus from seed. It's always fun to learn about growing a new type of plant!

• crystalline_ca
    10 years ago

I'd love to have some calendula zeolights. Thanks!

As for the game, I'd choose "s".

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Foreverrecycle, I'm sorry that I missed your name, I have your seeds here safe and sound :)

cghpnd, your seeds arrived.

Billings, yours did as well.

I will add letters in the morning....

Lisa

• jaynine
    10 years ago

I'll choose d.
    Hoping to mail my seeds out tomorrow (finally). I'm sooo slow these days. Ugh!

• jas_il
    10 years ago

I would choose c

I would like Hibiscus luna pink swirl if they come true. Thanks.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Janine, you have plenty of time to get them here.

_ _ / _ / _ _ d / _ / _ _ o _ _ _ / _ o_ / _ _ _ _ _ / t _ _ _ / _ / t _ o _ _ _ t / o_ / _ o _ / _ / c o _ _ d / _ _ _ _ / t_ _ o _ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ d _ _ / _ o _ _ _ _ _.

Todays seeds will be: Again, these are COLLECTED seeds.

Red scabiosa- originally sold by t & m as just red scabiosa 2013 seed.
    tagetes-bonanza-store bought plant-2013 collected seed

Lisa

This post was edited by ishareflowers on Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 4:26

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Vanna, please show me the letter H.

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Lisa, seeds went out yesterday. Hopefully, you receive Monday or Tuesday!

And I will pick the letter "P"..........

Happy Saturday!

Annie

• jaynine
    10 years ago

My seeds are on their way.
    I'll go with the letter g today.

• cghpnd
    10 years ago

I am so GLAD my seeds made it to you. And not lost..
    Thank you for dedicating your time to this.

• naturegirl_2007 5B SW Michigan
    10 years ago

I'd like to request the red scabiosa seeds for today's pick.

• lovesblooms
    10 years ago

I think I'll guess "i" today.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

I'd love some Red Scabiosa Seeds. Thank you!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

i _ / i / h _ d / _ / _ _ o _ _ _ / _ o_ / _ _ _ _ _ / t i_ _ / i/ t h o _ _ ht / o_ / _ o _ / i / c o _ _ d / _ _ _ _ / th _ o _ _ h/ _ _ / _ _ _ d _ _ / _ o _ _ _ _ _.

Annie and Jaynine, I'll keep my on the mailbox.

Cghpnd, Your welcome, It's fun for the most part.

I'm not going to make this a big issue and I will not post here about it again BUT..........

I had to ask a player to leave the swap for dishonest trading (using collected seeds). If you have ever gotten seeds in the swap, grew them out and they were not what color/name you thought they would be. I'm so Sorry!.

Leann, I got your seeds in yesterdays mail. Did you make a list of what you sent off to me? If so, please email me the list.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Geez Louise,

I forgot about todays collected seed offering, Today will be

Rudbeckia sputnik...I don't know if this will come true, my commercials did and I grew them where they were the only rud.

Snapdragon, these are short, maybe 8/9" and each bloom has yellow, orange and red coloring on it. I will eventually find the tag...lol

Lisa

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

How about a "B"....................

Happy Sunday!

Annie

• lovesblooms
    10 years ago

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk through my garden forever."

Is that it? If it isn't, I like it anyway--it'll be my quote, lol.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, that is it. I'm thinking we will play one more game before I start digging into players seeds. This is a really fun game to play at an adult party. Hopefully, it will work here as well. This is how it's played. I will assign each player an actress or an actors name. It will be the responsibility of the other players involved in the game to post a hint to try and help the other players figure out who they are. I would say post one clue per day. It should be a clue that is not obvious because the winner is whoever figures out who they are first. I played this game at a Christmas party that I planned this past year. The players had a ball with it. Please email me if you want to play and I will send you a list of who's who.

10 years ago

I'm not in this swap anymore.

This post was edited by hibiscusfan on Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 14:04

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm sorry Suzanne, as I stated in my email two days ago, you are no longer a player and in this swap. I'm certain that you have "taken" enough!

Lisa

Please do not post here,a new thread has been started.