Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaynine60

UPDATE: April showers bring May flowers

jaynine
15 years ago

Since the first thread is full and starting to get lost, I thought I'd start a new one. Here's where we left off:

Because a lot of us are waiting for other Round Robin packages to come in, Connie asked:

"why doesn't everyone post their thoughts here and I can place them next to your name-

1) your want list is ready for people to review

2) please wait until march 1st

sound ok?"

So far, poisondartfrog, yotetrapper and I have chosen to ask people to wait for our updates.

Connie also asked:

"would u like to receive an email with a word document of everyone's want list. I will be putting one together for myself so it would be easy for me to send it out, if desired."

Yes, I'd like one, please. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: first thread April showers

Comments (149)

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    15 years ago

Hi Connie, my wish list has been updated ;-) Hope everyone has a great weekend !!

~Iris

• conniesc
    15 years ago

Here is the current status

****list ready now****

conniesc
    lindaruzicka
    nikkeneel
    gardenfairy04
    thehills2
    zinaray
    vic_zn5
    iabrtoo
    rosepedal
    threeshyacres
    rane_grow
    highalttransplant

****Wait Until March 1st****
    yotetrapper
    poisondartfrog
    jaynine
    sassybutterfly_2008
    gardenmom2
    chitownladyd
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________
    ****Unknown status ****

kamiljablo
    sguanzon
    southerncharm1
    grolikecrazy

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

My wish list is updated. I removed the lists for previous swaps-that does not mean I have received them all, just that I decided it was time to get a new list! I got tired of seeing that one.
    Have a great week!
    Alana

• jaynine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

my list is ready.

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

I have not had a chance to go back and see who claimed the last seeds I posted, but I will send them to the first responders unless there are several seeds and those I will try to split.
    I have a precise order I sow in and never go back if I don't have germination unless it is something I contracted to grow, so I would rather parse out the leftovers than store them for next year if the amounts are small. If anyone objects, I won't do this. I don't want to appear to be "dumping" seeds, but it is neat to be able to find them homes.
    I hope everyone has great weather today! I will be sowing all day, and I am anxious to get started.
    Alana

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

I had posted I would wait until the 1st. Thanks! :)

• conniesc
    15 years ago

sorry about that.. u are right. Not sure hope I missed that.

• jaynine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

My list is ready now!!!

15 years ago

Psssst... It's almost March 1 !!! ;-)

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

No worries Connie. :)

• gardenfairy04
    15 years ago

I have an updated want list if you want to look!!

• conniesc
    15 years ago

Tomorrow I will email eveyone the remaining lists with my address. I will let u know as packages come in. :)

• ibartoo
    15 years ago

Alana, if by any chance you still have a few canna seeds, would you please mark them for me. Especially the city of portland seeds. Thanks, Linda

• conniesc
    15 years ago

everyone should have received an email from me. PLease let me know if u did not receive it.

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Got it! Thanks, Connie. I'm snowed in so maybe this will keep me busy for a while:)

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Thanks connie I received it too. I need to get my butt in gear...Have a good day everybody.....Barb

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Connie, I didn't receive the email.

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

Does anyone want a few seeds of Hibiscus cannabinus L. Gregg? I have about a dozen seeds left over so probably enough for 2 folks if more than one is interested.
    Also have a few seeds of Hyssopus officianalis, Nectar Blue left over. There are about 20 seeds. Germination has been near 100% so probably enough for two of these as well.
    Alana

• chitownladyd
    15 years ago

Alana, I would really appreciate the Hibiscus seeds. Wow this time I didn't miss out, at least I hope I didn't!?

Thanks,
    La Donna

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Got your email, Connie. Thanks for sending everyone's lists. I've looked over all of them, and have things from almost everyone's lists. I'll start gathering the seeds together.

Oh, and I think Grolikecrazy should get a prize for the longest wishlist EVER, LOL!!!

Bonnie

• conniesc
    15 years ago

alana, I would love to try both of them.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

You mean Grolikecrazy's list is longer than mine??? LOL :P

I had hoped I'd be able to update my list after Fran's swap but that was crazy thinking on my part.. :) I did just update the veggie want portion tho, if that helps any :)

Hope everyone is doing well!
    ~Wendy

• zinaray
    15 years ago

Alana, may i have the hyssopus officianalis thanks Toni

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

Okay. The H. officianalis and H. cannabinus are gone. Thanks.

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

Could someone pelase tell me the deadline for this swap?

• ibartoo
    15 years ago

It was 22 yesterday and colder this morning, but by this weekend it should be 70! I can't wait to start planting.
    I know some of you are burried in snow, but here it is just cold.
    I will keep looking at wishlists hoping to find something for everyone. Have a great day, Linda

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

the deadline is March 31st, yotetrapper...

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

I'm here, been crazily wintersowing.
    An email with a word document of everyone's want list would be wonderful.
    i have a few swaps that are winding to a close that need all my attention, so i'll check back in a few. Chris

• conniesc
    15 years ago

GroLikeCrazy, did u not get the 2 emails I sent with all the documents?

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Goodmorning everybody!

Wanted to wish you all a good day :) Barb

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Whew! I spent the entire morning going through wishlists and seed boxes. I wish I had something on everyone's list, but there were a couple of folks with some pretty tough lists, LOL. I did end up with 40 packet of seeds to send though, which is more than I thought I would have.

The packet will go out this afternoon.

Thanks for hosting, Connie! I think you're going to be pretty busy sorting out everyone's seeds!

Bonnie

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Thought I was on the Spring Surprise thread still.. LOL

Maybe I need to take a break! :P

~Wendy

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

Whew I got a little time. I'm getting overwhelmed. Too many swaps! I'm down to this one now, and the spring surprise one. I've been trying to wintersow, starting seeds inside, clearing garden areas (was 70 today!!!), cooking, cleaning, working overtime every week, and now on top of it all, it's chick incubating time!

I put 7 Cayuga duck eggs in the incubator today, and 24+ blue laced red wyandotte chicken eggs will be going in next week. Oh, and I need to start construction on the pig pen, and finish contruction on the chicken breeding pens. There's not enough time in the day!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hey Yote! Can I please have some of that energy you've got! Sounds like you never stop!

Wendy, wrong thread huh??? I don't even know what to sat to that one! LOL

I'll check back in a few days!

Vic

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

Energy...ha! Most days it's all I can do to drag myself out of bed. This is the last swap I'll be in for awhile.

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Wendy, I know what you mean. I keep confusing myself with dates, and who and what I am mailing to whom. I finally made a list, but I still have to keep checking in. LOL

yote-you must have so much energy to be goin all of that. I have been outside all day. I cleared 3 squarefoot beds, dug a couple of prickly weeds out for the kids, cleaned out the back room (behind the garage where I tart seeds and keep baby chicks until bigger), planted, pruned 2 apple trees as best I can and worked on a rose bush. I need hubbies hlp for the appletrees, but did get some of it done. I am exhausted and my armshurt sooo bad.

We have 4 buff orphington 5 rhode island red, 2 black sex link and 2 aracauna chicks in the back room. They are under the heat lamp and in a large rubbermaid bin. I am planting more seeds if I can ever get up but I don't think I should have sat down. Maybe I will take some advil b/c I think if I don't i won't move the rest of the day.

Wow am I out of shape. That is shameful.
    Nichol

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Wow, Connie, I can't believe it got there already! I mailed it late Thursday afternoon. Usually things take forever from here, since it's such a small town.

Bonnie

• conniesc
    15 years ago

I have the following seeds that need a home

heirloom paste tomato
    Tomato Juliet PLum
    Yellow Muatard
    Daylily- stella d'oro
    Variegated Yucca
    Kiss me over the garden gate
    Canoe Creek melon
    Israeli melon
    Spagetti squash
    Radish- white tip
    Mustard
    Mixed tomato blend
    Catnip
    Ornamental Peppers

Let me know if u are interested and these items are not already on your list

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

I would love the canoe creek melon, spaghetti squash, israeli melon, stella d'oro lilly.

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I'd like the daylily stello d'oro

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Connie I would love the variegated yucca...Who hoo...Thank you so much for offering them...Have a good week everybody...Barb

• zinaray
    15 years ago

Hi conniesc, may i have spaghetti squash, radish, capnip and ornamental peppers
    thanks Toni

• conniesc
    15 years ago

This is was is left
    I have the following seeds that need a home

heirloom paste tomato
    Tomato Juliet PLum
    Yellow Muatard
    Kiss me over the garden gate
    Mustard
    Mixed tomato blend

Let me know if u are interested and these items are not already on your list

15 years ago

Hi Connie , I would love the juliet plum tomato if its still available ?

Hope everyone had a good weekend ... was 69 here, I wintersowed and started some seeds in the garage on my new shelves my SO built for me ... was nice to get out in the fresh air and sunshine ...

~Iris

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Gmorning everyone! :)

Connie, I would love the heirloom paste tomatoes and the Yellow Mustard if it's still available! :) Thankyou so much for sharing!!

Happy Monday everyone :P

~Wendy

• ibartoo
    15 years ago

Hi Jaynine. I hate to do this, but I am going to have to drop out of this swap. I am swamped with work and I think I just have too much going on. I am so sorry. maybe i can join in another one later. Thanks so much, Linda

• jaynine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

are people still updating their lists?

• conniesc
    15 years ago

I hope not, I am working off of the documents I emailed out to everyone. I guess we should post here if there are changes at this point. That was a great question.