Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
earthlydelights_gw

OBF February Valentine Swap - Part Three

earthlydelights
17 years ago

Our Bloomin Friends Swap Group was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between the group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you. Please be a successful member of garden web and have had a trade with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be directed to veeja/carol

Comments (150)

• llbean
    17 years ago

Oh my gosh hello.. I am finally able to post. I could not post here for days and then I get this email saying I have been reactivated.. YEAHH>> Oh ladies Happy Valentines day..
    My intentions were to finish off the contest on that day so please watch for two more post abut two gifts I have left..
    Also I need to send out some HUGE thank you's
    Theresa24
    sent to me
    some cosomo daydreams (yeah I wanted these)
    Holly hocks (never have enough of these)
    Joe-eyed poppy
    seed bagies
    A heart candle.

I love it. Theresa, my family lives in Bancroft and that is just West of Linden. I graduated High School in 91 and Linden was one of the schools that we played..
    Small world.

Dizzy~
    Thanks so much for the gloves, dream catcher (it's hanging in my car) red hot candy seeds, Diuble Begonias (excited about these for my shade spot) The osmocote (never used this) as well as all the wonderful wave petunia seeds, and MORE COSMO daydream yeah me...
    Also to Shirley, I have to tell you that I cried when I got your scarf. FIrst and foremost becuase you thought of me in your time, and second I just really needed this right now. I love it. More important I love the fact that you took the time to make it, that makes it all the more special to me as I am wesring it.

Amy Adams (in case there is more than one Amy)
    Thanks for the note paper. I can always use this..
    I also appreciate the twizzlers, one of my favorites.

I can not express how thankful that I am.

For all the winning ladies out there, I sent your packages and here are the confirmations:
    Jules 0306 3030 0003 3529 5839
    Amy 0306 3030 0003 3529 5822
    Earthly 0306 3030 0003 3530 5446

Sue H. 0306 3030 0003 3529 5815
    Zabecc 0306 3030 0003 3529 5808
    Sue K. 0306 3030 0003 3529 5846
    Sassy Pants 0306 3030 0003 3529 5792

Giverny I just got your addy from your email so I will ship asap..
    Carol, did you get your package?
    Ps.. Is there anyone who did not win this month? I think I sent off:around 15 packages.?
    Also Sandlapper, did your package arrive safe and sound? After all the confusion over your addy and it being sent back, I want to make sure that you get it. Besides, I have to make sure that you are happy with it.

Again just one last check, has everyone won something?

Laura

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Laura-So glad you liked the scarf. I love the black/grey colors together. I wish I had more time to crochet I would love to make all the little older ladies at Church one. My Aunt wore hers to Church and they ooohed and aahed over it and I knew they would love one also. I have several colors that I wear with different coats and I just love them. I did make Maryanne one and hope to get some more made soon. Maybe I can do a game and let that be the prize.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

shirley, i hear ya about the job lay off. i'm out since november 04. now locally a hospital is 'downsizing' and i think i just heard chrysler is laying off thousands. and by the way, i ~love~ my scarf, i use it constantly in this weather.

laura glad to see you are back on line. what did you do? did they tell you, you rulebreaker, you!

i've never been a nascar fan, but my (special LOL) friend is. the one time i decided to sit and watch it with him was the last time dale ernhart raced. as a kid, when we were up the poconos, we would go sit at the speedway and what the practice runs and stuff. now, i can't take being up there when the races are going on as all thos race freaks (yes YOU!!! LMAO) are there. good for the economy, very bad for traffic.

our weather is warming up. we are just about above freezing. i love it though. this is my kind of weather.

anyone read about, or see on the news, the paraglider lady that travelled unconscious over 30,000 feet HIGH, through all types of nasty weather and landed and survived? spent an hour in the hospital and walked out with a bandage on her knee...God must have some great plans for her.

remy, you should have been collecting the PB lids! but i guess the store gets reimbursed or however that works. by the way, any progress on the 7/11?

susan/giver...buy (organic)peanuts and process them in the food processor. home made pb - excellent. i do that with cashews all the time. as for anna, i don't have cable, so i don't get those programs, but i have been following it since it started. what a tangled mess. i do believe the judge has NO BUSINESS allowing the cameras in his courtroom. what absolute disrespect. my heart goes out to the baby (the one they always call THAT baby). gold mine or not, she's a precious human being that doesn't deserve this start in life.

hope everyone's weather is letting up. pennsylvania was very lax in cleaning up certainly highways and the governor is quite upset. big deal, the didn't collect tolls once the roads were driveable...so many people that had to spend the night in their cars. so many running out of gas. truckers that were halted in their deliveries. tsk tsk tsk

have a great weekend. everyone feeling sickly, feel better. everyone cold, stay warm. everyone sad, be happy, everyone just right...good for you, pass it on!

maryanne

• mellen
    17 years ago

Dizzy/Susann, I am FINALLY home to post and thank you for your gifts.

Susann sent inside a silver drawstring bag 10 different packages of seeds including vitex tree. I did google that over a week ago and it looks very pretty. There was also an all-in-one mini-knife, clippers, and file set. What a handy thing for my purse!!! Some Valentine seeds(red hots), Cupid poop(M&M's)HAHAHA, and multi-colored heart and flower suckers. Garden gloves, kitchen towels with apples on them, and a magnetic notepad for the refrig. It has milk cows crossing a covered bridge. If you have ever seen the the movie "The Bridges of Madison County," that movie was shot here in Iowa using the covered bridges here. Along with this is also a pen with a horse head on the top. I just love all of this, Susann. I also received a 2-year planner, and each month has pictures of the most beautiful flowers on each page. Susann, the picture of the angel card is so beautiful. I plan to put it in a frame and hang it somewhere. And, what patience you have, did you weave the paper for the pink and red bag? It is so cute! Also, the card that you made--I laughed at the poem that you wrote. Too Funny! Then there are the angels. Oh my, oh my!!! The angel for the visor of my car is not one I have ever seen before, and I love it. She is out there now and the words say, "Love fills the heart." Susann, I just adore Angel Cheeks angels. The baby one holding the leaf will be going on a coat, and the other larger sitting one holding a frog and a dragonfly is sitting on the ledge above my kitchen sink along with one that my mother gave me a couple of years ago. They are both different. The angel bell is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I fell in love with her immediately. She is a light multi-tan color with a crackle finish and sparkles here and there. She has the most beautiful angelic face, her hands are folded over her heart, and she has wings that are cut-outs. I have put her on the fireplace mantle. I was also very delighted to receive some stargazer lily bulbs, a night beacon daylily, and a red rum daylily. VERY COOL!!! I'm also enjoying looking through the cookbook that you sent. DH will especially like it when he gets home from CA in 3 weeks. I was browising through it. Some of the meat recipes are country style groundhog, roast opossum, roast stuffed coon, and braised muskrat. There's a recipe for pigweed greens. All you farm gals who know what pigweed is can maybe start a new cash crop business. It also shows how to make a still and all that goes with it. LOL I just know that when hubby gets home he will be making recipes from this. He has become the cook in the family. Susann, this was the most wonderful, wonderful boxful of friendship. So many awesome gifts that will remind me of you. Thank you so very much!!! Mary Ellen

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

inquiring minds want to know. i realize there are certain delicacies in varying parts of the country, but i'm sitting here sratching my head, remembering a dinner at a survivor-type family's home and realizing when i drop in on mary ellen, i'll bring the meal LOL

is this for real?

....I was browising through it. Some of the meat recipes are country style groundhog, roast opossum, roast stuffed coon, and braised muskrat. There's a recipe for pigweed greens. All you farm gals who know what pigweed is can maybe start a new cash crop business. It also shows how to make a still and all that goes with it.

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

shirley, i ran to the cleaners today and the woman just fell in love with the scraft you made me. i just had to tell you, since we just talked about it. she looked it over and checked it all out, talked about the stiches and everything. she's a fan! LOL

maryanne

• micke
    17 years ago

maryanne, that was at Daytona in 2001 that he died in that race, the wreck didn't look too serious did it? I kept asking everyone if that wreck would mess up the outcome of the race as it was so close to the end, I felt so bad that night when I heard on the news that he died, and his son racing right past him and not knowing it, how awful! I have seen Rusty Wallace flip his car until their was nothing left but the rollcage part of the car, and he walked away from it, this just looked like a mild wall hit.
    Okay I am boring the rest of you ladies.
    You all are getting some nice boxes:)) how wonderful, I loved hearing about the scarf, those gifts are always so nice, wish I was even somewhat crafty, but unless someone just adores handmade seed packets or bead keychains I don't have much talent to offer:)

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Laura,
    I mailed out a hostess envie for you. I would of mailed it sooner, but the weather has been horrid! 12" of snow earlier this week, plus several inches last night. I felt as though I was driving a snowball! My cars black, and I swear the things white now! ;)

Deb from the freezing tundra!

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    I got x-rayed yesterday after going to the Doctor's office. They gave me off work for the weekend which is good, but they were suppose to call this morning and they did not: ( Gary and I went to Am-Vets and the Flea Market, if I had known they were not going to call, I would of called them before we left.I found some floral post cards from the early 1900's, some mini metal jello molds, and a book from the 1950's 'Gifts from Your Kitchen'. The book has some good recipes in it, and recycling ideas, but some of the ideas are quite funny now. Gary of course found an old radio.

Tina,
    I'm so glad they found out what was wrong! Hopefully you will feel great soon.

Susan,
    I need a whole body protector! lol. I am just one big walking accident waiting to happen. When people have things fall at work they are said to be imitating me.
    Did you survive the frost ok? It has been so very cold here; I'm dreaming of 25 degrees, lol.

Nancy, Michelle, Trish, and any other NASCAR nuts,
    I have a confession to make...I don't care for it at all. I'm hiding now, lol. My father was a real Drag Racer. I used to go every week with him when I was small when he raced. He was real good too. He once beat the fast guy in the country. We also used to go to the regular car races too. You would think I would have an interest, but I don't. I do drive like a race car driver. (When Maryanne was here, I didn't drive as crazy as I regularly do.) Gary even complains about how I drive just like my father, lol. With all that, I would still rather watch paint dry, lol.

Shirley,
    That is awful about work! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Laura,
    I'm glad your back on : )

Maryanne,
    I heard about the skydiver who couldn't open their shoots. Someone diving with them got it all on film. They had some trees or shrubs break the fall and they came out of it with just a broken leg or something like that. But I didn't hear about the paraglider!! How could they get less hurt than me going down the stairs? lol!
    Oh! I wish I had thought of that with the peanut butter lids!!!! I'll have to remember for the next recall.
    I haven't heard a thing from 7-11 yet.

Mellen,
    What a cookbook Susann gave you! It sound like a great read, but I'll bring the meal when I drop in on you too! lol.

Talk to you all soon,
    Remy

• dizzydaffodil
    17 years ago

MELLEN, glad you got your goodies and liked the box! Again, if the lillies don't survive, just let me know. When I saw the angel cheeks, I thought of you from the pin I sent you before, so knew you were meant to have that!

Yeah, let DH cook from that cookbook and you can blame it all on him! LOL! That's one of the things I picked up on my recent galavanting down South. It was just too funny to pass up. Those pigweed greens with muskrat & gravy sounded ... mmmm-mmm yum! ROFLMAO!
    As for the still - thank you very much for the ruby red corn seeds - now I know just what to do with them! BIG money cash crop - woooo-hooo!! LOL!

Susann - Dizzy

• mellen
    17 years ago

Hey, come on ladies. Not eat at my house?!? DH is really good at dressing out critters--you would never know the difference. It would taste "just like chicken." ;P

Remy, don't you just hate it when Dr's don't call when they say they will? And now it is the week-end. Grrrr!

Maryanne, any chance of seeing a picture of your scarf? Sounds verrrry nice. BTW, did we know that you have a special friend??? Do tell....inquiring minds want to know, girl.

Shirley, You are sick??? Get better soon, please.

Tina, finally found out your sickness. That is nothing to fool with. Hope meds can get YOU better quickly, too.

Beans, glad to have you back here. Was awfully quiet without you. :))

Debbie, I drive a black car, too. It always looks a mess as we live on a gravel road. We had originally bought it for DS to drive to college so we let him pick the color. When he moved to MN to college we did not send it with him. We won't have black again if we can help it.

I AM SICK OF COLD WEATHER!!! I feel a little better.

Carol, talk to us. You make me laugh. Hugs, my friend.

Mary Ellen

• dizzydaffodil
    17 years ago

Hey y'all,
    Anyone that is praying folks, please add my oldest sister Carol to your prayer lists? If you don't practice praying, I'd appreciate good, positive thoughts for her. Carol is 54 and had a severe heart attack today, they've put in stents and she's in CICU in AL, so I can't even go see about her. My niece is keeping me updated by phone.
    Thanks,
    Susann Dizzy

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Susann,
    Positive thoughts and deep prayers from P'cola for your sister Carol.((((Hugs)))
    Susan/Giverny

• zabecc
    17 years ago

Susann, you and Carol are in my thoughts and prayers as well.

• mellen
    17 years ago

Susann/Diz, She is being prayed for. Many (((hugs))), Mary Ellen

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Susann, I will be praying for you and your sister. Take care, Amy

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Susann,
    So sorry to hear about your sister. I feel for you being so far from her.
    In my thoughts and prayers,
    Remy

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Sending prayers as well sweetie.

Well, I am starting to feel like I am among the living again. Thank you all for the well wishes. I knew I would have to get better sooner or later, was just hoping it would have been sooner :-)

Elizabeth - You will FINALLY get your package this week!
    Where are you anyway? You aren't hiding in an igloo are you? :-)

Carol - Are you ok? Maybe I missed a post or something.....

Hugs to each of you
    Tina

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Our Carol has been very very busy due to Valentines Day. I will let her tell you doing what. LOL

Susann-Praying for your sister Carol...I know it must be hard that you can't be with her during all this.

Tina-Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Remy-I love prowling around flea markets, you just never know what you will find.

I swear there is this guy I work with he would honestly eat possum, turtles, snakes, alligator or whatever. He never turns anything down. Whew not me I can't even eat Deer or Bear that DH kills.

Maryanne-Thanks for letting me know ladies are noticing your scarf. I'm getting more bold with them and mixing different colors now.

Shirley

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Shirley, I would love to see pictures of your scarves, they sound beautiful. I wish I was so talented.

Does anyone have any ideas for making garden things out of polymer clay?

I am desperately waiting for Spring!!!!! Thanks, Amy

• skohler
    17 years ago

hi ladies :
    quick note to ask sassyd to please check her post office for her valentines box has been there since the 12th .
    sure hope they don't send it back here .

sorry not been on much this week but i have been running daily to the hospital for my older sister also she was relaesed on saturday & i still sit with her from 8am -3pm
    when her daughter my niece gets there.

DIZZ ; YOU CAN NOW START A MARCH SIGN UP THREAD FOR YOUR
    THEME SWAP :)
    well i got to lay back have a great night all
    susie

• zabecc
    17 years ago

Tina-
    I'm still here, just buried under a ton of snow :) I can't wait to get your package, it'll be like extending the holiday of love :) I'm glad you're feeling better, hopefully you're on the up-swing!
    -Elizabeth

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

Susann, I am sending prayers your sister's way. Many hugs going out to you.

Tina, So glad you're finally feeling better.

Looks like alot of us have been ordering on the co-op! Thanks, Carol, for the wonderful info!

I am doing a happy dance today. I've been doing weight watchers since January and have lost 10 lbs! Woo Hoo. AND they just staked out our pool that they will begin digging tomorrow! I have waited all my 37.5 years for this! Almost as exciting as digging a new garden! LOL!

Well, hopefully, last night was our last freeze. Yes, we have had some stinky weather here too. Sorry to all of you buried in snow. Spring IS coming. Really it is.

Have a great week.

Theresa

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Susann...Saying extra prayers for your sister Carol

Theresa,Congrats on the weight loss.That reminds me...I need to get busy..spring is right around the corner and I refuse to buy new clothes again.I know I won't be able to squeeze into any of last years clothes.This winters hibernation really has padded me up good.Off to the treadmill again for me....Oh a New Pool.How excited you must be.That would be a wonderful thing to have.

Tina glad you are feeling better.

Big hugs to the rest of my Bloomin' Friends too.I never am able to mention you each when I get on here but think of you often.So glad you are all a part of my life.

Well I am off to play in the dirt.It is an amazing 50 degrees outside so I am off to enjoy it while it lasts : )

Hope Everyone Has a Nice Day!!
    Nancy

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

Yes, Laura. I received the beautiful bracelet and earrings. I can't remember if I posted here or sent you e-mail, but either way you probably did not hear.
    Just had to share that this is my first year trying winter sowing and when I checked my containers today, I have some sprouts so that was exciting. I think I will do this every year from now on. I'm sure it's a good idea to get your containers in advance though... I didn't plant anything until late Jan. and still only have a total of three containers.
    Have a good week everyone.
    Sandlapper

• dizzydaffodil
    17 years ago

Hi all, thank you all for the good thoughts and prayers for my siser Carol. She was moved from CICU to a room today.

*whew!!* The March thread is posted for anyone who would like to go ahead & sign up! Hope I didn't forget anything!
    Susann Dizzy

Here is a link that might be useful: MARCH OBF

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    Well, I finally found out that there is no chip or fracture. I am on a 10lb weight restriction at work for the week because it still isn't right, but at least it isn't broke.

Mellen,
    When I called today and said that no one ever called me, they were just like "oh" and never said sorry or anything. If I had to have worked early today, it would of been a real pain in my behind!
    I hope your weather was a bit warmer today also. It was like a balmy 25 today, lol.

Susie,
    I didn't realize your sister had been in the hospital! I'm glad to hear she is out. I hope she is doing well.

Susann,
    That is great about your sister. Hopefully she is completely well soon!

Tina,
    Glad you are feeling much better too!

Theresa,
    You lost 10lbs. and you're gaining a pool! That's great news. But I don't believe you about spring coming Lol! Well, maybe, Nancy had 50 degree weather today!
    I did do a co-op order, but I contained myself. Those prices are good, but can still add up! I made sure I didn't spend too much.

Shirley,
    My mind mind went straight to the gutter with your comment about Carol! lol.
    I love flea markets and garage sales! I get it from my dad. He is really big on flea markets and garage sales. People sell good stuff!
    You reminded me of when I was in high school. My one friend's father was like originally from West Virginia. One fall, he had a squirrel in the yard that he was feeding peanuts to. He told me he was trying to fatten it up so it would be good for eating. I just laughed about it. Well, one afternoon my girlfriend and I are looking through their fridge for something to eat, and there was a bag in the crisper with the dead squirrel in it!!! Thankfully I was not there when he prepared his meal, lol!

Jeanne,
    Isn't it great to see those sprouts?! I remember when I started getting them, and I told Gary all excited and he said,"Um let's see... you put seeds in dirt, and now you've got sprouts, amazing." Lol.
    I did 20 more containers today so now I'm up to 70. I ran out of containers. I had to take the dog for a walk tonight so I could scavenge the recycling bins for 1/2 gallon milk containers and juice bottles.
    Gary wants to know where all this stuff is going, lol. He doesn't understand I still see open ground! Of course perennials that I get excessive germination on, I can trade away here and at the local swap.

Talk to you all soon,
    Remy

• skohler
    17 years ago

gm all
    wow everyone is busy not much chatter here the pass week or so hope all is weel .
    I do try to check in to see what everyone has received this month so far a few very nice boxes .

my sister had a mini stroke she is 73 & so I have been helpping her till she gets better.

I hate it our gas prices that is is going back up to $2;45 pg:( & may go up more .

anyway i hope everyone will have a better march ;))
    I like so many of you have received many seed & plant catologs to go through & so many dreams :))

I do hope that this will be a summer many of out plant dreams come true :)) I have many seeds started if I can keep my birds out of the dirt :))
    once my seeds start to sprout I will post a picture .

I also have ws many out side on the deck sure hope I can get a few to grow this summer :))

well ladies have to go to sis's here soon so have a great day hugs to all .

susie

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Remy-You are on the right track with the comment about Carol. You will have to get her to tell you what she won for the story about what she was going to do for her DH on Valentines Day. I guess that's why she has not posted in awhile.

Whew are you OK Carol??? You go girl I'm glad somebody can.

I will have to post a picture of my newest bargain of the century. We have a program on the radio called Tell it and Sell it. People call in and tell you what they have for sell and what they are asking for it. 3 weeks ago a lady called in and said she had an entertainment center for sale. I was thinking yeah it's probably particle board, real cheap. Then I thought what the heck and wrote down her telephone number....WEll i called her and she said it was real wood and she paid $800.00 for it. I was off to see it and fell in love with it when I saw it. I got it for $175.00 and everyone who has seen it wants to buy it if I sell it. It has pieces that go with it so I can add to it if I want and she bought it local. You just never know when you will find an awesome deal.

Theresa- Way to go losing the 10 lbs. I lost 10 but believe I have put 5 of it back on. GRRRRRRRR

Susie-Sorry to hear about your Sister, hope good health is on the way. You are such a precious lady taking care of your Dad and now your Sister.

You ladies inspired me to winter sow some seeds...Can't wait until I see green.

Shirley

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Laura, Thank you for the plant stakes, they came today and I can sure use them. Take care, Amy

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Laura, the earrings arrived today! They're gorgeous! I'll be wearing them tomorrow during clinicals.

Thanks for letting me participate in the games!

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Hi girls,

Need to post quickly, first of all Sue, I did get your package today and I thank you so much, I just love it! I apologize so much for not getting to pick it up before now, we've had a tragic accident in our family and I've been away. But I want you to know that I WILL take care of you, you have my word! I just got home and now I'm helping Julie pack, we have to be at the hospital tommorrow morning at 5:30. And I get to meet my little granddaughter tommorrow! Hopefully, please... give me till this weekend and I'll post a pic of the wonderful pillow you sent me, and Julie & I loved the chocs too.
    And I have the daylily certificates, and thank you! I'm so sorry I've dissapointed you in this swap, it certainly was not intentional. You will surely get plants that you want, so please don't worry. I'm just sorry I wasn't here to get a card or something out to you. ( I Will Make it UP to You!) But if you and Carol feel I should be excluded from the group, I promise I would have no hard feelings. This month just went way more wrong than I expected. Hopefully tommorrow starts a new day for the month of Feburary! Also, moving into new house next week! I can't take much more February!!!!!

So sorry to all of you, I just don't have time to go back and respond to everyone, but sure hope things are ok now:)

Take care, I'll be back with pics, asap!
    Sassy

• sassyd
    17 years ago

I'm so sorry sweetie, I completely forgot to tell you I also received my necklace and I love it so much! I will be wearing it tommorrow!

Thank you so much for a wonderful gift! You've done a great job on your swap! Please forgive me...I should have opted out as planned, but Sue will be taken care of, anyone thats dealt with me knows that.

Sassy (will be back.....with baby pics!)

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

laura, thank you ever so much for the most gorgeous bracelet and earrings. i just love them both. you are not only talented, you are so very generous.

i don't know if you can make it out, but the separator beads are just gorgeous glass flowers. truly spectacular and i will just love wearing both these pieces.

thanks again, you rock!
    xoxox
    maryanne

{{gwi:2103406}}

• llbean
    17 years ago

OK I am not sure what it is that I am doing but here a post there a post think I am a postin....not a post.. Ahhhh
    I am so glad that everyone has enjoyed this swap, and most of all me it was so much fun and I appreciate the fact that you all have let me host it.

I am glad that everyone has liked the little prettys and the fun things that I was able to send, getting small things like that makes it fun..
    I am staying with my parents as the weather is cold and I am plannng on returning home tomorrow, so when I do I will get the list updated as I have been intending to do the last week.

I am well wishing everyone..
    I also wanted to say, to all of you who received crystal, adn Maryanne you with the antique beads.. To clean them you should use either white toothpaste and an old tooth brush or efferdent (for dentures) this will make all gold, crystal silver etc. sparkle..
    Please take care and I am sirry for the glitches.. Apparently I am not a rule breaker, just misplaced?

Laura

• dizzydaffodil
    17 years ago

quoting SassyD >>> I apologize so much for not getting to pick it up before now, we've had a tragic accident in our family and I've been away. But I want you to know that I WILL take care of you, you have my word!Sassy - so sorry you've had troubles going on!!! Gals, isn't this the reason we made up the emergency boxes? If Sassy would like us to send one to cover for her Feb swap, she could replace it later, right?
    Susann Dizzy

• veeja11
    17 years ago

If the emergency box is needed just ask, only a couple of people sent items for the boxes so we only have one but I would be happy to send it out, just send me the addy of who to send it to. dh keeps reading my winning vd post to me and whinning asking when he gets it, I was hoping he wouldn't see it Susanne big hugs and prayers going out to you. I just seem to be out of it this month a cold I think
    Laura I believe I posted I love your bracelet, it is a bit small but I love it, thankyou it is beautifull.hugs from the ether carol

• skohler
    17 years ago

Sassy
    there is no hurry for my box just get settled in your new home & enjoy the new grandbaby , I know your not going to run far from this group :)))

carol & dizzy thank you for the thought to send a make -up box but it is not nessary .

dizzy can you post an up-date as to who has or has not received ?

I received a call from jeanette last evening she has to be out of her place in one week so maybe going to go stay with her daughter till she can find work .
    she wanted me to tell all of you hello & that she really misses everyone . soory for my typing today just had my eyes tested & still can't see the greatest yet.

one more week to another new month time is flying by :))
    today was so warm with the sun out but in for a storm this weekend they say :(

hope everyone has a great evening I have to go sit with my sister later , but will try to check back in if it not to late when i get home .
    susie

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Susie,Praying your sister has a complete recovery. I am so happy to hear Jeanette will be staying with her daughter.That way she won't have to go it alone.Hope her job search goes well and she is back with us soon.She is missed around here.

Remy glad to hear your elbow wasn't broken.Still hurts as bad I bet though : (

Shirley,Great find on that entertainment center.What a deal you got : )

Can't wait to see Sassys pics of her new grandchild.Hope evrything is going ok?I got kinda scared reading her last post. : (

Well 3 straight days of temps in the 50's here.Yahoo!! I am loving it! Makes me want to get the peas planted in the garden.Better hold off yet I know.LOL We are forcasted for a major snowstorm this weekend.Doesn't seem possible with these great temps.We will probably really get dumped on.Always seems we really pay the piper for a few days of nice weather ; (

Hope Everyone Has a Nice Evening!
    Nancy

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

FYI - i posted shirley's scarf and my OBF hat pix in the picture thread. enjoy :-)

• dizzydaffodil
    17 years ago

An update Susie? zabecc\Elizabeth, I didn't see a post - did your box from Tina arrive? If so, then Susie yours from SassyD is the only one left for Feb. and we know Sassy will get that to you as soon as she can.

all for your thoughts & prayers for my sweet sister Carol - she got to go home from the hospital today!!!

Laura, thank you so very much for the PRETTY leaf earrings for my birthday - that was so sweet of you! Also thanks for the lotion! My poor hands need that stuff!

• skohler
    17 years ago

I'm sorry dizz for getting you mixed with llbean for this month list as who has or has not received forgive me ladies.

I ment laura & I know sassy is good for the box so I have no problem waiting.
    thank you laura for taken over this month for me .

it has been a crazy month I trully do want & need to get out of this weather for awhile , just isn't going to happen this month for sure.

any of you looking for CHEAP affordable greenhouses???
    go to www.growerssupply.com you will be glad you did.

very nice prices on many items .
    well time to go get my day going have a great one ladies .
    susie

• zabecc
    17 years ago

nope my package hasn't arrived yet :( but I'm sure it's on the way. i'll check in and write some more later tonight, i'm home taking care of my husband who has a stomach flu :(
    -Elizabeth

• llbean
    17 years ago

HI ladies..
    I first want to say Thank you all for making this a special swap.. We have one person left (Zabecc) to rec. her box and we have all rec. our boxes.. Thanks for making this so much fun for me..
    I appreciate all our kindness in this months swap.. It was so fun for me (even if I was banned for a bit).
    Special thanks to
    Debbya
    Thanks for the great seeds and the note pad and candy!!!!

Sue G
    Thanks for the scrap words I am looking forward to using those in my new projects..

I believe that everyone that I sent to should have rec. their gifts by now and if you haven't please let me know as I will certainly replace it...

Thanks again to all
    Laura

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Laura,
    You did a great job! : )

Susie,
    I hope your sister is getting better every day. And I know you want to take care of her, but try not to over do it yourself!

Shirley,
    I can't figure out this contest Carol won! She obviously is not going to tell me, lol. Do you have a link?
    That really was a great deal. Particle board is costing more than that nowadays. Post a pic when you can.

Sassy,
    I'm sorry to hear you had a tragic accident in your family. But I just realized you are a new grandma!! Congratulations! Please tell us more as soon as you can.

Susann,
    I'm glad to hear your sister is much better! I'm sure it puts you at ease.

Nancy,
    The weather was nice yesterday. I actually took the dogs for a walk without having to dress like Nanook of the north. Of course winter is back today : (
    Remy

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Ok, PLEASE, lets back up a bit....Sassy is here, tired but here.

First of all, the one and only way I agreed to join for February is that Sue & I would send plant certificates. I want Sue to know that I'm so appreciative of what you sent, but thats not what we orginally agreed on. I didn't expect a box, wasn't looking for a box, hadn't crossed my mind, so I'm sorry...and I unfortunately wasn't here.

No need for a box to be sent to Sue on my be-half! She will get exactly what I promised, I just wasn't here to send a card, and I'm sorry about that..................

NOW, I'M TIRED OF THIS!!!!!

GO TO THE GRAPHICS BOARD AND SEE MY GRANDBABY!!!!!!!!!!

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Sassy,
    Congratulations Grandma! I'm so thrilled for you!! I would love to see a picture of the baby! Graphics board? Are you talking about the OBF pics thread?

Giant Hugs for you and Julie!

Deb

• skohler
    17 years ago

sassy we did agree on just plants & that is all But when I couldn't go on my vacation to fla ,do to dad & my sister , & I won big at bingo I felt I wanted to give you something hand made like others were doing .
    I don't exspect the same from you I would just love a few plants from your garden in the spring when they are ready :)) that is it . :)
    SO Please don't feel as you have to do more that was not
    why I sent more .

laura you have done a very nice job this month thank you .

tina glad your feeling better can you let zebecc know
    if you sent her box this week or not .

remy ;my sister had a mini stroke & now has to have therapy on her left arm but dr's feel she will be ok.
    trying to tell her to stop smoking but she won't hear of it.

well ladies have a great day going to go check out the photo's love baby pictures :))
    susie

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Deb, I just started a new one, sorry I ran out of gas last night, so to speak, lol. Baby's coming home today, I'm gonna get me some sugar tonight!:))

Thanks Sue & so sorry about your Sister. I'll be getting with you shortly. And I will get a pic of my OBF's pillow and get it posted, heck I may even even get my hat pic posted. If Maryanne gets to post it on a bear, I should get to post it on McKenzie! lol

Later.......
    Sassy

• zabecc
    17 years ago

Laura, thank you for the awesome swap. It's only been my first with you all, but it's been so much fun already... I haven't received my box yet, but I know it will be awesome and I'll let you all know when it arrives (today maybe... Tina had said that she sent it this week) YAY! Also, thank you for the gorgeous glass garden hanger, I can't wait to hang it outside once all this snow melts!!!

Again, thank you all for welcoming me with open arms, it's to be part of such a loving and fun group (especially when I'm stuck sick in the house most days).

Hugs to all,
    Elizabeth