Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
update: mnf: my silly valentine #2

Posted by hazelnutbunny 7A (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 11, 08 at 9:36

I went to post, and the other one is full up!
Must've had a hen party last night!!! LOL :O)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Rules!

Oops, suppose I should do this, too! :O)

MNF

Hi all ya'll silly's and welcome to the Make New Friends My Silly Valentine. I know that everyone of us has a "sillybone" inside somewhere. NOW is the time to put it to use. February's swap is all about our silly sweetness! In this swap we are going to send our partners a Silly Valentine and TWO packets, homegrown or commercial or traded, of PINK or RED flower seeds. YOU can buy the Valentine or make it, use YOUR imaginations, use seed packets, pictures, magazines or whatever just make sure its SILLY. You may add small pkts of Valentine Candy if you wish. NOTHING Major as we are all still getting back on our feet for the new year.

SWAP RULES ARE:

1. I will take signups until the 2nd of Feb.

2. I will post partners on the 3rd of Feb.

3. TWO packets of RED or PINK flower seeds. Nothing major, it should fit into a padded envie.

4. Envies need to be sent out in time for your partner to receive them by VALENTINES DAY.

5. You can use Parcel Post if you like, but delivery confirmation is a MUST!

6. The Sillier the better! It makes for a BIGGER smile!

7. MOST IMPORTANTLY.... HAVE FUN AND LET YOUR SMILES AND LOVE SHOW!!!!

As per GW rules, you must be at least 18 years old to participate in this swap.

PS::::::: Swap is CLOSED, we are now in the TRADING part!!!!! :O) :O) :O)

o
RE: update: mnf: my silly valentine #2

Frances - Happy Birthday (a day late)!!! I'm glad you had a good one!! I'm on thyroid meds too, so when I have my annual thing on Wednesday, I'll talk to my dr. about it. It does say to talk to your dr. about it, as he may have to switch your dosage. I'm already taking 225 micrograms a day, so I hope I don't have to go any higher!! Just have to wait and see! I'm pretty dead set on following this through. I NEED to do something!

Glad to see you, bunny!!

Take care, everyone!!
Becki

o
Finally, I get to chat. :O)

TRACY!!! It's good to see you back on here!! I thought we'd lost you there for awhile! Maybe floated away or something. LOL :O) *hugs*

Bread rack thingys? Do you suppose the flats that they haul soda pop on would work the same? That's an excellent idea...I never considered that. Hmm. Thanks, Tracy!!

My dad came over yesterday and saw all the flats of plants I've got started. He says..."What sort of garden ya got going there?" ~Oh, just mostly flowers, dad. So I can put some out this spring, they'll be big enough that my husband won't run them over with the lawn mower!!~
"FLOWERS?!? You mean, those aren't TOMATOES??? Why in the WORLD would you plant FLOWERS???!!"
LOL!!! If it's not edible, it's not worth taking the time to start it inside, to him. :O) So funny!
Um, yeah, dad...some of us like to grow "perty" things, too!
Although, I WILL be starting my maters in a week or 2.
Just to make him feel better! LOL The rest can go directly in the ground in the spring. :O)

Fishy & Medo & Pixie...wow, all you guys & your family/friends are in my prayers. Holy Moly, I surely wish everyone wasn't sick. This stomach bug stuff is HORRIBLE!!

And we've got an outbreak of leporsy in our town!! They've found over 10 cases of it in the past few weeks, and a friend of ours is in the hospital with that, pneumonia, a blood clot near his heart and ...geeze...there was something else in there, too. I just could not BELIEVE it when they started listing everything that was wrong with him!!
He (our friend, Bob) was on his way to see his dad for the last time (his dad has Alzheimers, and is doing very poorly), going from AR to IN (I think), and somewhere in KS he started feeling horrible, and finally had our other friend, David, who was going on the trip with him for moral support, take him to the closest ER.
He's been a really good friend for over 7 years, our boys are the same age.
Wow, it's just UNREAL...all the sickness going around.

I tell you what, I am TIRED of it!! I just want everyone to be HEALTHY again!!! (screaming & throwing my hands up in frustration....but didn't quite know how to type that.)

BECKI!!! Way to go on your diet, girlfriend!!! YAY!!! That's wonderful! 2 days IS a FANTASTIC accomplishment! It is certainly the most difficult, I think, in the first few days. :O) Terrific job, keep us updated!! We're all rooting for you!!! (go Becki, go Becki! It's your birthday! You're sexy! Go Becki! Go Becki!!) :O) :O)

Oooh, did I tell everyone that I am going to be an Aunt (again) next month? It's great, the 3rd child for my brother..and his first boy. Ok...here's the BAD thing. He wants to name this boy...JUDAS. Like, as in, after Judas Iscariot...the one that betrayed Jesus in the bible.
Or...and this one is WORSE....Lucifer. As in...yep, the devil himself. And OK, yes, Lucifer was actually an angel of light, a covering angel..one of God's highest ranking & best loved angels. But that was BEFORE he rebeled and tried to take God's place. And that would be the one that my brother is wanting to name this child after. The devil.
Ugh.
I'm thinking, that poor child will have to live with a name like that for the rest of his life. But then, I'm also thinking....it's my brothers child, so it's his decision..so I need to support it, right? I haven't voiced my misgivings about the name to him, yet (although, my mom has been VERY vocal about it) And I probably won't say anything to him. After all, he is one that..the more you protest, the more likely he is to go ahead and do it.
Oh..and have I mentioned that my brother is just a weeee bit nutty.? Could you guess?

Anyway...just wanted to share that with ya'll...sort of get your opinion on it.

Sooo....how is everyone's Monday going??

o

Thanks Becki!
A lot of things can affect your doseage and how your body processes the meds. Foods too, even good ones like broccoli can inhibit the effectiveness of thyroid meds. Probably as long as you are not taking your meds and the Alli pill close together you will be fine. Your doctor will know!

Half of my family uses thyroid replacement therapy of some sort. I got the wierdo type (Graves Disease gland produced MASSIVE amounts of hormone, refused to shut down) it had to be murdered with radiation first, then hormone replacement for the rest of my life. Everyone else in my family had the more common type where their glands just slowed or stopped producing enough hormone.

happy and healthy, thats what matters...

o

Bunny - I can't believe your brother wants to name his baby those names!! That's crazy!! But good for you keeping your mouth shut to him - he's probably lookin' for the attention! And thanks for the cheer! I love it!!!

Frances - so you have hyper? My grandma did too, but I've got hypo. We are the only ones in my family I know of with thyroid problems. They detected it when I was pregnant with Lily - my dr. said I was lucky to have gotten pregnant! I'm glad I did!! : )

o

yes I was hyper, it was awful, they figured I must have had it all my life. I am now hypo, and will be for the rest of my life! My Father is hypo and a couple of my sisters have slightly underactive glands that are managed with low doses of hormone. One sister and one brother had to have their glands removed surgically (twisted around the windpipe)

We are all fine now! I have been taking my meds for 11 years now, completely stable.

Health is so important!

o

Hi everyone!

Happy belated Birthday Frances!

Becki - I received my Valentine today! Very pretty roses on the card and I love the silly Valenting poem inside! Thank You also for the seeds! Hardy Red Hibiscus and Morning Glory 'Split Personality'. I looked up the Morning Glory, and they are a beauty!! I wanted to tell you Becki, that you've inspired me to get off of my duff and get serious about losing some weight. I've let myself get way off track since my last pregnancy (7 years ago!!) So I thank you for sharing with everyone!

Sharon - your package went out this morning. I'm hoping it makes it to you on Thursday! The DC# is: 0307 0020 0001 7145 2107.

Bunny - what does your SIL think of your brothers choice in baby names?!! They are out of the ordinary! Maybe he is just teasing y'all!! My cousin is having her 1st baby, and the first Grandbaby for her parents, and she wants to name her Willow, but her Dad told her absolutely not! My first thought was, well it isn't really your choice! The name has kinda grown on me, now. So we'll see.

Well I had better get the kiddos down for their nap! Hope everyone has a great day, and to everyone who is not feeling up to par, GET WELL SOON!!

Karen

o

well happy late birthday frances!! i won't even ask how wonderfully young you are?? LOL :'))
omgoodness poor child. chances are he won't even name the little one that!! he's probably just trying to get everyone's goad!! sp LOL from the sounds of him!! isn't he the one who shot himself in the foot?? LOL
my mom gained ALOT of weight from her thyroid pills. she has hyper i think, don't really know. but it's not graves. cuz i think that's what grant has. he quit taking his meds. but anyhow. she takes something like leviquin??
now my hubby is all nice! he is also back to his work, LOL
early mornings, now, next week he gets up at 4 am. he'll just LOVE that!! :')) so will i!! NOT!!! LOL
but also talla told me that he was gonna get me a ring for my bday and valentines day. i dont wear them that much. the one thing i wear alot is a necklace thats leather that has a butterfly. LOL its cheap and if it gets ruint or something no biggie. but its never left a mark on me either. so i know that bothered him too. i tell him i'm not like alot of wemon. i'm very simple!! just give me what i ask for and i'm happy. LOL soil and pots!! LOL oh and the seeds on some of the catalogs HEE HEE!!!! LOL its totally not alot!! LOL alot cheapar than the ring!! and some of it will feed us for years!! LOL

hope everyone is staying nice and warm today!! its freezing cold here!! literally!! its not even 20. and i was gonna check the mail today but APPARENTLY last nite when we came home from church i backed over one of the logs. so dang it! he's gonna have to get me out of that mess too!! i was telling him about that!! he laughed at me. i told him i didn't feel a thing, and i'm sure i woulda.

o

Oh, no...he's definitely serious about the name. (this is my younger brother, my older one is the Barney Fife that shot himself in the foot)
A bit of background on my brother- he's 25, divorced, living with a girl, has 1 child from marriage, and a daughter & son on the way with the girlfriend. Oh, he's also in a rock band, wears black constantly, black hair, makeup, nailpolish...um, Marilyn Manson is his role model... The baby's name was either going to be Manson, Judas, Lucifer or Akais. Right now, it's Judas Akais.
Oh, my brother's stage name for his band? Lucifer Dracul.

Uh, so..um....yes, I'd say he's pretty serious.
He's wanted to have a boy for so long....His daughters have really pretty names (thanks in part to the mommies) - Kali Aurora Rain & Ebony Rae. I've mentioned to him, maybe he'd like to name this boy after himself?? Maybe a "bunny's brother junior" or "bunny's brother #2" type thing??
So, we'll see. We will certainly see.

I mean...I am all for unique & different names...but I think the MEANING of the name is equally important. But then...my mother wanted to name me Leather, remember?? Gee goodness, I suppose she shouldn't be surprised that her baby boy wants to name his child something potentially detrimental, either.
Suppose I HAD been named Leather? (thank you, grandpa, for stepping in on THAT one, BTW!!!! LOL) I don't think I'd have a wealth of job oportunities knocking, do you?? There seems to be only a scant few professions for a girl with that sort of name. LOL
So I suppose my concern is...if he names the boy Lucifer or Judas..or even Manson...then people will stereotype the little guy BEFORE they even know him. He'll have a certain "personality" that everyone expects him to live up to.
Don't you think?

o

First of all,
Becki got the 1st box of all jams, wow, mr fishy grabbed the toaster, a loaf of bread, and disapperaed into his office.

Bunny,
He really could be messing with you.... When we got pregnant with Evan, I knew everyone was gonna dislike any name I picked, and in a large family, that's alotta opinions. So I told everyone I was going to name him "Percival", Percy for short, from my favorite 18th centrury novel.... EVERYONE hated that so much, that when I said "my 2nd choice is Evan" no one complained about that. On the other hand I'm the proud god-mommy of a "Vladimir Nikkolli" (his mum really loved Anne Rice books), who at 5 will say "call me Nikki".

We got down to the root of why mr fishy wants to move so much, he wants to build us a home, rather than live in someone else' house, I guess I can understand that, and being next door to work has downsides too, so we decided to discuss it some more.

o

Hi Ladies,

Fishy your box will be going out tomorrow hopefully. I Hope it arrives in time for Valentines Day.

I am feeling somewhat better but still am soo worn out. Still working on the meds also.

I hope everyone is having a great day,
Smiles,
Pixie

o

awww pix i so hope you get over this stuff soon!! i know its ont no fun being down!! i'm ups and downs all the time, i can't make up my mind which i'm gonna be. so i think i'll go back to the stupid 1 a day pill again. darn it. i so hate that. back to feelling like a dweeb retard. but at least i'll be all nice!! :')) then when the days are longer i'll be better!! do you know how depressing that is alone!!! being dependant on a dumb medication? errrrrrr!!! but i love these babies and i realize from yesterday it might not be the best time. i don;'t know sometimes. ok done with that.
noises!! ok i'm so not done!! (sorry) noises so make me mad. like the dryer it makes this screeching noise. and the kids screaming and certain pitches just set me off inside and its so hard to mask that feeling. now i know what my mom was talking about when we were little. she used to get so mad at my little brother cuz he'd just scream and cry, he had chronic ear infections we later found out. it was bad. but it drove her insane (not really) but my poor mom. military wife and away from her family and no one to help her but me and i was little. so thats that.

gotta go, we are gonna do the rest of the school work!! i so love seeing you oon more hnb and tracy!! :')) and am so glad that you didn't get all washed away. i know once i did see that one of our towns got really washed up and it was close up!! ahhhh!! that's very scary!! so i can only imagine how scary that'd be for you considering the river's in your back yard!! ((eeks!!)) lots of love medo

o

Bunny, I am alive and well! Sorry I haven't been on much, been kind of wrapped up in things around here.

Lucifer or Judas? ACK!

I think I would start making little cracks to your brother here and there. Start calling the little baby Lucy or Judy. Something like "Oh, I can't wait until little Lucy or Judy is here!" LOL!

My brother's wife asked me what we were going to name one of our babies when I was pregnant (she and I were both pregnant at the same time). She told my brother about my choice for a girl's name and then promptly stole it. They named their first daughter with it. Nice guy.

o

Fishy - I can't believe that box got there already!! That's like overnight! I didn't expect that box that I think was over 8 lbs. (gotta love those flat rate boxes!!)to get there until Wednesday! I just sent it Saturday! I hope box #2 gets too you quickly as well - they were both sent at the same time.

o

Tracy, that's sooo funny, because that's EXACTLY what my dad has been doing! Calling the baby JUDY!! LOL!!
Dad's got boy nicknames for all the girls - Nicole is Nick, Kali is Karl (her initials are KARL), Ebony is Earl (her initials are ERL), Aubeni is Beni, and Adora is Ad. So he keeps saying that he's going to call the baby boy Judy. :O)
Maybe it'll work?

o

See... Great minds think alike! LOL! I love that! Tell Pops to keep up the good work. Since he's already using Judy then you attack on the Lucy front! Hee hee!

Frances! I have a DC # for you. It is 420 28054 9101 1288 8230 0172 7100 03. I marked the box "Open this end" for a little silly valentine fun when you open it up! Hope you like your goodies!

o

good morning all you beautiful wemon!! how are ya all doing?? just fine here!! i think that is halarious!! LOL maybe he won't be so inclined to call the little one judas, or lucifer LOL he's probably reading this and laughing at ya, saying ahhh melissa, HAA HAA HAA LOL :')) silly girl. as if our family ever cares what we do, ya know outside family. i always think what if??? LOL cuz i'm so vocal about my interests with everyone!! and the websites i go to and stuff. i know i have a curious mind. LOL

o

Hi, girls!! Okay, so I know many of you like to bake, and I came across a book I think some of you might like. It's called "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes A Day" by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois. I picked it up at the library, and I am so excited about it! It has recipes for all kinds of artisan breads from around the world, and they do it in an incredibly easy way!! I just mixed up enough dough to make 12 loaves of bread in about 20 minutes! Now I have to let it rise for a couple hours, until it starts to collapse, then put it in the fridge where it will keep for up to two weeks. Anytime I want to make a loaf, I cut off a chunk of it, cloak it (I haven't totally figured this one out yet, but it sounds easy, and I'm sure when I do it, I'll figure it out), let it rest, and bake it. Plus, the longer it sits in the fridge, the more airy and pourous the bread gets. Oh - and the only ingredients in the basic recipe are unbleached all-purpose flour, water, yeast and coarse salt (they reccomend Kosher or other coarse, and the only coarse I had was sea salt, so I used that.) I am excited to see how this works - but I know getting the dough ready was extremely easy!! Yep, I'm thinkin' farmer's market!! Say I could spend a couple hours each week making dough, and then baking it on market day the next week - this sounds pretty promising!! Fresh artisan bread and my all-natural preserves - yummy!!

William made it through the first two rounds of the spelling bee last night, but his third word "attempt" messed him up - he forgot one of the "t"s. He was so nervous! Poor guy. There were 16 kids in his 4th grade group, and about 5 missed their first word. Silly boy knew how to spell every single word they did the whole evening! But, now that he knows there is a cash prize, he'll probably study a little more next year!!

o

That's terrific, Becki! Tell your William congratulations! Even making it THAT far is a great achievement!! :O) Such a smart boy! (must be the name! LOL!!)

That bread sounds great...I will definitely have to look into that book. I'm sure you know how much bread a large family goes through! We polished off 2 loaves last night...with supper!! LOL With us, it's either stock up at the bread store on discount Tuesday (half price day! Yay! Every other day, it's buy 2 get one free...and spend $5 get a loaf free..so it's always a good deal, either way!) OR, I'm baking 2 loaves a day, just to keep up. Yikes.
Thanks for the point towards that book, Becki! Going to look into it right now! :O)

o

ok i was looking for some easy type of cutting thingi. looky what i found
//forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/propa/msg1020340019335.html?98

o

Becki,
2 jars of strawberry kiwi later, and we're outta bread. Mr fishy ran to the market, and brought home 8 loaves. I'm thinking of taking off a long weekend during easter break, maybe go camping (one of my friends responded to this as "you're going to pretend you're homeless for a week for fun?").

o

Hi Ladies,

I hope everyone is having a great TUESDAY!!! I am doing ok this morning, usually get really worn out come early evening though.

WOW to William Becki, give him a big hug! Your bread sounds awesome also, I will have to find that book too. I love to make bread (guess ya'll know that already, hate cookies but love bread lol)

Melissa, I want to thank you for starting this new thread, ya'll all just take soo good care of me!

I also wanted to let ya'll know that I got a wonderful surprise in the mail yesterday! A sweet Valentine from Melissa, its a red heart with a bunny (made from different things, ie batting, ribbon, etc) and a heart made from Cocoa Puffs! Its tacked up on my Bully board.
Melissa also sent me several valentines wrapped around these seeds....
Red Canna Seeds (I have never seen Canna seeds before)
Scarlet Star and White Star Morning Glory seeds
Ceasars Blood Siberian Iris seeds
Medium Pink Hollyhock seeds
Sensation Mix Cosmos (one of my favorite foilage flowers)
White Sails Sweet Peas
and Pink Astilbe seeds

I can't wait to feel better so I can plant these! Thank you ma Sweet Hunny Bunny!!!!

I have to tell ya'll what happened Sunday afternoon, it was 81 outside and fox was cutting down a sucker tree in our front yard. I was sitting on the tailgate of his truck, with my trusty bucket, making sure he didn't fall out of the tree. A neighbor of ours had two cockatiels that had "escaped" that morning from his backyard cage, well fox had been helping him try to catch them earlier. While I was sitting out front they perched in our other tree and I was whisteling (sp) to them and calling them (both are named aturrolo) one (the male, bright green) took off flying over the roof of our house, I was watching him, and all of a sudden a hawk appeared from no-where and snatched him out of the air! I screamed for fox to help the bird, the hawk landed in another neighbors yard with the bird still clutched tight and fox took off running towards it, well the hawk with bird took off flying and fox gave chase. Needless to say all that was left were green feathers. I have seen hawks grab up snakes and rabbits fromt the ground but never (except on wild kingdom on tv) have I seen one catch a bird in mid air! It was a shocker for me to say the least!

about 45 minutes after the Hawk incident there was a wreck on 90 in front of our house. I heard a loud boom and turned around in time to see a lil silver car go flying down the road with its behonkis all crunched in from being hit by a black expedition. No one was hurt thank goodness. Fox of course ran to that also, he's a vol. fire fighter. Definately a weird Sunday!

Katie is still in the hospital, hopefully today she will get out. I think alot of her illness is that she was raised with her momma always telling her that she was always sick. Her momma won't allow me at the hospital, which I couldn't go being sick anyways. Alan is there with her today. All I can do is support Katie and help her out if she wants me to. We will see what happens.

Storm has knocked out our television and I can feel it getting colder, supposed to drop temps to mid 60's today and high 30's for tonight. More storms are supposed to hit on Friday but I think the temps will stay around the 60's. Who knows.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Becki, tell William I said GREAT JOB! Better luck next year! The bread book is going on my request list from our library. I love the idea of making a big batch of dough and using a bit at a time. Fantastic!

Pixie, I love all those sweetheart valentines that Melissa sent! I have to go look up Caesar's Blood Iris. Sounds intriguing! That poor birdy! I have seen the hawks around here do that this past summer. I think the population is way up here for them and they have been circling in groups and then snatch! They attack the smaller birds. I always am shocked at how ferocious they are when going after their dinner.

o

that is very crazy!!! well i am glad you are better! and your valentine is soo cool!! way to go melissa!! :'))
we got mango's at sam's club. we are gonna try to grow them, from seed. it will be cool!! i know it will be years befor we could ever get anything, but hey!! LOL mangos' are our favorite!! yummy!! we've been cleaning out the cabinets today and tabor has been rearanging them how he wants them. so we'll see how they go. he was very stubborn on how to do the one part. so i let him go. well all the plastics didn't fit so then i told him well now that your all done do ya want me to tell you how i do that?? he's like ya. so i did and he's like MO-O-O-O-O-OM-M-M-M-M why did'nt ya tell me?? i said cuz your stubborn like me and you already had an idea, and i tried once and you already said no. so i let you do it your way. LOL he's like ohhhhhhh. lessoned learned???? heck no, he'd do it the same way again, i know that boy!!! LOL he's so me!! LOL
we transplanted the chili's and the tomatoes into a bigger container. now i have to get more soil so i can transplant the tomatoe/potaote and the bell peppers and the sweet peppers. oh and the cubanelles. our one project is coming along fine! LOL the other one is on the front porch. we didn't do it yet. i'm bad at that! could ya imagine it if we did!! ahhhh!! all them plants in this house. we decided a little closer to pring that away when its time to plant them they'll be ready if they do grow. so next month.we'll we should this month. what ya think?? i do have that porch done. finally.

o

Glad you're feeling at least a BIT better, Miss Pixie!! :O)
Story behind the Valentine: I was making it (hubby cut out the heart for me, I am NO good with scissors! LOL), using the kitchen counter as my work space, and the girls came to watch me & Adora was eating COCOA PUFFS!! Some fell out of the baggie, and landed on the valentine & Aubeni says...."Oh, Lookie!! Bunny Poop!!" ROFL!!!! Soooooo....that would be why the heart is outlined in cocoa puffs. It was Aubeni's idea.
Just thought I'd share! :O)
Hope it brought a smile to your perty face, Miss Pixie!! :O)

And....GEE WHIZ, what a Sunday you had!! Good golly!

Medo..Mangos? From seed? Wow, let me know how that turns out! (course, you can get anything to grow, Miss "I grew a banana from seed"!! LOL) Sometimes, I'm jealous of you! :O) In a good way. :O)

o

Thank you all for the nice comments about William! That is so sweet!! And I'm glad some of you are interested in the book! I learned that your container needs to be pretty good sized - my three batches (each batch makes 4 loaves) in one container should have been in 3 containers! It was a learning experience! Now I have them in 2 containers (all I could find - they are VERY full!)

Fishy - I am so excited that you all like it so much!! I guess I should have sent more preserves! Did you still want to do something for that friend? Not pushing - just don't want not do something if you are expecting it. Did the truffles arrive today? I haven't checked the DC, so I don't know. I hope today or tomorrow!!

I got a nice card and seeds from Frances today! She wrote such a sweet note! Thank you!! She sent along Shirley Poppy, Pink Cosmos, and Aquilegia canadensis. Thank you so much, Frances! Can't wait to plant them!!

Sounds like a crazy day, Pixie! I would not have wanted to see that!!! Ick! Either one, actually! I'm glad you are doing a little better, and that Katie is getting out! I'm sorry things are still going so poorly with her mother!

We used to love this one bread store, Bunny! But, it closed, and it was an hour away from us, so that stunk anyway! There aren't any bread outlet stores around here - Des Moines is the closest, as far as I know. One of our local grocer store has a pretty good loaf for 99 cents to $1.19, depending if it's on sale or not, so it's not too bad. But, nothing compared to the deals we got at the bread store!!! Dave doesn't really care for homemade bread for sandwiches, so really the only time we eat it is with a meal. For sandwiches, it's gotta be the store bought stuff. But, I'm planning to make a baguette to go with our spaghetti tonight - yummy!!!

o

i think i missed a whole bunch of stuff here. william and the bread? uhhh ohhh don't tell me i'm missing again!! errrrrr!! ok i saw!! congradulations william!! that is sooo awesome!! tabor was like YES!!! LOL
that sounds so cool becki!! spaghetti!! i think i'd love that!! LOL but we have to have hamburger helper tonight. (yuck) only cuz now i want spaghetti, LOL :')) ok we are almost doen with the cabinets. he's done a great job!! the kids got a real thing for that!! (he didn't get it from me!! LOL)
hnb LOL i don't believe that i ever had anyone be jealous of me! LOL in a good way!! :')) i will tell ya how it turns out, we definately have enough. to start with. LOL now i want to get these babes going!! LOL
that's a cute story with the cocoa puffs!! that's tallas' favorite cereal!! LOL :'))

o

Becki,
No truffles yet, trying to get ahold of Kenny, so I can get the address for his dad's there (I'm betting he forgot his car charger for his cellphone), but yeah, definatly wanna send something his way. No truffles yet (;.;) , but that's ok, they'll get here as we're running out of jam.

o

Thanks, Michele! The dough ended up pretty sticky (they said let it chill overnight before your first try, but me, the eager beaver, only let it chill 2 hrs, so go figure!), so I just have blobs of dough resting, waiting to bake. The first blob I made didn't look like enough for everyone, so I added a second, smaller blob. We'll see how it works. They recommend using a pizza peel for the resting period, and sliding it onto your baking stone with that, but I don't have a pizza peel, so I floured my plastic cutting board - I'm off to see how it slides! I usually just use parchment under things like pizzas, as that always slides and never sticks, but I'm out. Bummer. Okay, I won't post this until I find out how this works.

Okay - they actually slid really well, but I forgot to make the pretty cuts on top, so they will likely be pretty ugly looking. Oh, well! I can't open it back up now, because they have you use steam in the oven as well, and if I open it now, it will all escape!

I'll let you know later how it tastes (ugly as it will be!)

o

No problem with the ugly bread, Becki!
Just eat by candle light!!! :O)
LOL :O)

o

AWWW Becki, don't ya know that things aren't UGLY its just the way we look at them. Ugly is only on the inside!!!! Remember that saying "Don't judge a book by the cover?" or the one that says "Beauty is only skin deep" or the one that says "Ugly is as Ugly does"????

Well after you taste the bread then let us know how beautiful or ugly it is.

(after all its a test loaf right? so the only ones that will see it are you and your family and I am sure they won't think its too ugly to eat eh????)

Love ya G/F
Pixie

o

Thanks girls! Okay, so it wasn't SO ugly, not pretty, but not ugly, I guess. But it was delicious! The kids loved it and so did I! I limited everyone to one slice, so the one bigger loaf would have been just enough. The crust is thick and chewy, which I liked, but Elizabeth thought it was a little too tough. Anyway, here are some pics. The two loaves did cook into eachother, but I pulled them apart for the picture.

bread loaves

bread inside

And here is William trying not to let me take his picture after took pictures of the bread.

William

Yes, they learned from the daddy to put spaghetti on their bread - a messy practice, but they love it! : )

o

Mmmmm, I am dreaming of fresh baked bread! All hot and steamy with a dollop of melting butter! I can almost smell it! OH MAN! I don't care if it's ugly or gorgeeous, I just want a bite! LOL!

o

and if your family is anything like mine. they'll eat it, no matter what!! LOL talla's the picky one though. :')) i know i always taste the dough and if it tastes good i know moste likely the bread will too! :'))

o

dang that looks good!! i so want that recipe!! it kinda looks like brochen, we had them in germany and it sounds like that!! i've never been able to make a loaf like that yet. did ya butter the outside or something? to make the crust thicke?and tough?

o

Oh wow! The Crust looks gorgeous! Mmmm, look at all those little air bubbles! I can just tell how delicious that was!

I am giggling at the spaghetti bread, that is something that Ed would do! LOL! He always dips the garlic bread in the sauce.

o

MMMM Becki that looks YUMMY !!!! The Spaghetti looks just as good too!!! Love that smile and hey thats the only way to eat spaghetti I think!!! On bread! YUMMY, I have to behave when we are eating it in public but here at home mmmm nothing better!

Way to go Beckers, making me hungry for homemade bread! MMMM I know what I will be dreaming about tonight and doing tomorrow! Please send recipes!

Thanks for the smiles Becki,
Pixie

o

No, darlin', no butter involved (until I put a little Smart Balance on my piece.) They call it Boule (which is French for "ball") You are supposed to put little cuts on the top, which look kind of nice when it's baked. I am SO going to have to buy this book! I am NOT going to write down all the recipes in here for in the future!! It's a short recipe, but the explination of how to do everything is kind of long, so I will see if I can explain it all tomorrow, okay? And the gal that is co-author of this book has her own website/blog which has some good recipes and discussion - www.zoebakes.com. I recommend it! Okay - Biggest Loser is on, so I'm going to go try to watch!

Becki

o

I received a wonderful pkg from sharon 3 pkgs of seeds, cleome, zinnia and rose mallow, a lipstick pen a pink boa a cute homemade lipstick valentine card. I hope this is the right swap. thankyou sharon, my lil candle flower pot got crushed, but I can tell it was cute. I love everything. thankyou hugs carol

o

my mom gave me smart balance once. i must say i like the parkay the one the best. but unfortunately we cant' get it :'(( boo hoo. anyhow it'll ruin my veins!! LOL my kids are just all happy its amazing what cottage cheese will do for them! ok weird thing. last night talla's taking a shower, she's all happy cuz she poo'd in there. today she's playing hard with tabor and pee'd on the floor. cuz it was an accident. she's 5!! i'm not at all happy with this child!! but then she smiles so pretty later after we get all done!! cleaned up and the trouble is over and she apologizes and all.

o

Becki, do you have a scanner for your computer? Scan all those recipes in!!! Might be a little tedious but at least you can have them for free! Winking smiley (animated)

o

: ) Thanks for the idea, Tracy! I had a scanner, but it wasn't compatible with our newer computer (that freezes constantly), so I put it in the basement. I do have a copy machine, so I might just copy it all, but I kind of don't feel right doing that. Maybe I'll just copy the recipes I REALLY want, and then when I feel I can justify the cost, I'll buy the book. We'll see! Anyway, I'm really happy with it! Dave and Carl came home for supper, and finished off the first loaf, plus scarfed down the second, so I think it was a hit! (Darn it - I was hoping some of that second loaf would be there for my breakfast in the morning!)

Ugh - I go see the doctor tomorrow!! Icky!!! I'm not looking forward to that, but you gotta do what you gotta do, I guess!!

o

oh becki
that bread looks fantastic! you just can't buy bread like that here (well you could but I am not paying $4 for a loaf of bread, especially not for one that didn't just come out of the oven) I miss bakeries.... :( they just don't have those little bakeries on every other corner here like they do back home.

I agree with William (and Pixie) SPAGETTI ON BREAD YUM YUM YUM) of course it's a guilty secret I don't indulge very often. (look a CARB sandwich!) Somepeople eat chocolate.... I love bread and pasta!

good luck at the Doctor's office, be calm, nothing like raising your blood pressure with nervousness!

Have a great day everyone!
frances

o

yuck!! the docs!! i had to call dh doc he's extremely hyperthyroid.?? and they want him n right away but his schedual and theirs don't match up til almost the middle of next month. so he's gonna try to get ahold of them, and see if they can set up something better cuz he knows the schedual better. i found some recipes for brochen last night, i made a batch but forgot about it till it was already to the bread part. we'll see. i ha'vent had any yet. LOL today its supposed to be in the 40's!! YAY!! better than the 30's and lower!

o

Oh, how I wish this stupid cold/flu/stomach virus/bug/thingy would go AWAY!!!
Adora is sick again, she has a 102 fever. The little booger couldn't sleep last night, she was burning up/freezing/burning up/freezing.....Today, she's happy, but still has the fever & a cough.
I've been fighting a head cold/sinus thing for the past week. Feels like an elephant is sitting on my forehead and my eyes are gonna pop out any second (I'm afraid to sneeze). So far, my fever has only gotten to 101...but the day is still young. I'm loosing my hearing, though. Hubby is having a fun time with that. All I can hear is a WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH..sounds like I"m holding my head under a water fall. UGH. I am SO TIRED OF BEING SICK!!!!!

PLEASE BRING BACK SUMMER!!!
PLEASE NUKE THE STUPID FLU VIRUS!!!
SEND ME A TYLENOL!!!! (allergic to aspirin)
AND A VALIUM!!!!
OR JUST SEND CHOCOLATE!! LOL

A friend of mine's 11 yr old daughter had her tonsils taken out 2 weeks ago- she kept having infections that wouldn't go away.
THEN, last Monday, her 5 yr old son had an operation on his sinus cavity - same thing, infection after infection...UGH...but while he was in the hospital, he got pneumonia & the stupid stomach virus. GOOD GRIEF!!
So she's had a bad round of it. I think EVERYONE has this winter.

Oh, our friend Bob got out yesterday. He'll be fine, with a little bit more "work". :O) Thank goodness!!

MISS PIXIE~~~~ Are you feeling better?? I surely hope so!! You were really sick last fall...Don't want you getting that sick again!! :O(

MISS BECKI~~~~ Let us know how your DR appt. went!! Wishing you good luck! (and remember to breathe...don't want to go raising that blood pressure & heart rate by being too nervous!!)

o

Thank you so much ladies for all the words of encouragement! You are all so awesome! I'm not too worried about going to the doctor - more worried about telling him I'm taking diet pills than anything else. And stepping on the scale - that stincks! But, I'm doing something about it, so I won't be too humiliated! I weighed myself this morning, as I'll have to do that at the dr. later today anyway, and was thrilled to see that since Saturday morning, I've lost 5 pounds! I know it won't keep coming off at that rate, but I'm am very happy with that for now!! (Oh - and my blood pressure is already on the verge of being too high, so I'm prepared for that!)

Bunny - I am SO SORRY that you are all feeling so poorly! I hate that you can't shake all that stuff from your house! I'm praying for you and your family and your friends to all start feeling better.

Don't you love trying to set up appts for your you hubby, Michele? (Saying that with much sarcasm in my voice!) I always have to do that for Dave, and more times than not, I have to call the day of the appt. and say, I'm really sorry, he can't make it today, can we reschedule? And they'll say, when works better, and I'll say, I don't know, so just please give me a time, and I'll see if I can get him to clear his schedule for that time.

Well, this morning I made a much nicer loaf of bread! It's not quite like I wanted, as when it was resting, I went down to do some laundry, and Lily decided to "help" make the bread. She messed up one of the ends a bit, but I feel this is a pretty presentable loaf of bread!

prettier loaf of bread

I am so glad I'm learning this!!!

o

hearts
Fishy, Trina called and left me a message this morning and asked me to post that her package went out this morning to you. She thinks it will probably get to you on Friday, hopefully sooner! Her computer was down so she couldn't post herself.

Frances, I am chuckling at your 100% carb sannie! Not a chocoholic huh? I have a heavy liking for chocolate but hubby has a serious chocolate LOVE! I think he would throw me over for a truffle in a heart beat. Or chocolate chip cookies, or brownies or... you get the idea. :o)

Becki, Good luck today! I hope you have a great check up!

Bunny, UGH! More illness! AHHHH! Ed was deaf in his right ear for 3 weeks with this last cold virus. It drove him crazy that he couldn't hear right and his head felt stuffed with cotton. Finally he is better. But Dan started coming down with a stuffy nose and cough again yesterday. Sigh...

Michele, I hope Grant gets in soon to see the doc. Is he ok?

o

lol, carbaholic, thats me (don't get me wrong I do like chocolate, it's just not something I find irrisistable, like hot bread from the bakery! I used to stop by the bakery every morning for hot from the oven rolls and expresso!

ah well, I indulge in both a lot less these days!

hazelnutbunny, my heart goes out to you, I know how helpless you feel when they are sick... Take care of yourself and them and get well soon!

Michele I hope that man of yours takes care of his health! Thyroid disease is no laughing matter if not attended to promptly(especially for men, probably a good thing they are less prone to get it than women). My own dh is a positive pain in the behind, when it comes time to have a check up!

Have a great day everyone!

o

ok bunny try this, it stinks but really helps, mix water and vinegar, and spray it around the house, it'll kill the infection. of ya have any essential oil of lavender. put that in there. it'll really help. i'm a big mixer so i do half and half. LOL ya i know. ugh!! LOL and i also over do it in the essential oil i don't do just the 2-3 drops. LOL it's a bad thing of mine i think more is better. but thank goodness we've missed out on the sickness's.
i still have the crud in my chest. it don't move but i can feel it. now on the hubby front. he has some weird feelings. but its weird. i know, no sense at all. ???? he has some chest pains.. he called me last night just after midnight to wish me happy birthday and said he got a weird feeling like he left his body and then said he got this weird bad thought like what if i died tonight. cuz we have this thing that its still night til yuou go to sleep. LOL
but that was weird.
chocolate is so bad!! its kinda like lays, ya cant stop at just one!! LOL :'))
becki your bread looks good!! i'm strictly a bread machine bread maker!! then i know it'll mostly come out right!! unless i get the liquid or powder off. errr!!

o

he does most of the time, but he's so afraid of gaining alot of wait agian!! so i think he's freaking. and not taking an meds. the bad part is, he knows if not treated, it could kill him.

o

Oh, Michele! I am so sorry I didn't notice it was your birthday!! Happy birthday!! I hope you are having a great one!!!

o
so far i am! sun is out and its in the 40's!! :'}}

thank you!! the kids made grant and i birthday cards last night, it was cool!! :')) its so cool to have the same birthday as my spouse!! :')) ya can never forget each others birthday thats for sure!! :')) so far i am, i know he has to be, he is at the range with the work, but its still the range, and its all stuff he knows :'))

o

happy birthday

Happy Birthday Mrs. Fishy and Mr. & Mrs. Medontdo! I hope all of you have a great day and do something fun and exciting for yourselves!

o

OH WOW !!!!! three Birthdays in one!!!! I almost forgot!

Now that is cause for a celebration! Happy B-DAY to you all! I hope you all get lots of what you want and none of what you don't!

Frances

o

oh yes!!! mrs fishy!!! that's right!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :')) oh ya have to tell us what mr fishy got ya!! :'))
oh no!! tabor told talla that we didn't want 2 boys so when we had her, she was originally a boy but we got her turned into a girl. so now he's trying to get her to like boys stuff.!! crazy kid!! LOL so tomarow she will have himliking girl stuff or some cockamaymie thing!! its always something crazy!! LOL :'))
and thank you!! i think we will!! :'))

o

Happy joint birthday Medo!
Mr fishy & the boys made me breakfast, and my plate is huge. Eggs, potatoes o'brian, 4 bacon, hunk of sasuage... wayy too much for tiny me. Instead of a hot date out, we're thinking netflix and cocoa tonight.

Becki, the bread looks good, for killer garlic bread you can mix in some garlic cloves into the dough, and they'll mellow out during the baking. You can also make them into round "soup bowls" for chili & chowder (score the top in a circle, then carve that out when rdy to pour in the soup, you can make croutons outta the hollowed out bread). Hmmm you could also make sandwich rolls (think subs) for hubby's lunches, mr fishy's fond of a ham & turkey with a little squirt of balasmic dressing and some pepperchinis. About $6 at subway, or $1 made wifey-way.

o

Happy Birthday to you too, Fishy!! Wow - both you and Michele on the same day! Too cool!

Thank you for the great ideas on the bread! Sounds good!!

Off to watch a Dora movie with Lily while I look at my book some more!

Becki

o
lingere & jewerly

Mr fishy got me lingere of course, the new shades of seafoam & apricot from freddies (item 44795, 43759, 44773, & 43888). I collect lingere like most women collect shoes, I litterly have 1 dresser drawer with nothing else, and yes I do wear all of it. I noticed that since marring mr fishy it's mostly gone from reds & blacks, into shades of pink with loads of lace and bows. As for tomorrow I bought him a leather coat from miller's outpost in his impossiable to find 2XLT size,and some 36/44 jeans (I think that's the right order, 44 long) and a small box from ice.com came so I got jewerly.

o

Woo hoo - you sexy thing, you!! Okay, once I am down to a presentable weight, I plege to collect lingere as well! Because that would be a totally awesome thing to collect!! Happy Birthday to Mr. Fishy too!! It is just full of birthdays around here this month!! Kiddos just got home (early out today for teacher stuff.)

Becki

o
Pledge not plege! : )

Fishy - I checked and the truffles box is in California, so if it didn't get there today (which I hope), it should tomorrow.

Becki

o

i have lingeri i never wear. ya know. i just can't stand the thought of me in it, although he likes them. YUCK!!! :'(( one day i will totally love them!! i'm just a t-shirt and jeans person, if the shirt is long enough! LOL :'))
ok i got my wonderfull envi from carol :')) almost forgot (geez how smart am i??? LOL)
here's what i got!!!
echinacea-double decker
walla walla sweet onion
excelsior hybrid mix foxglove
giant imperial mix stock
dianthus pinks
belamcabdachineses fuschia
sensation cosmos
four o clocks mix
lavatera beauty mix
oriental lily sooooo awesome!!!!
tetra mixed colors snapdragons sooooo awesome!!!
marigold naughty marietty
ascerolid triacm ?? not sure sorry but way cool!!
giant gray stripe sunflower tabor will totally love this and cosmos!!
lillium oriental way too cool!! :'))
candy for the kiddo's (they shared a couple of pieces!! i love butterfingers!! :')) )
T labels
jiffy-7 pellets!! and a cute card that says
cupid wants to wish you a happy valentines day
for Gods sake humor the little freak so he'll fly away!!
(talk about creepy.....)
happy vday hugs carol
it was so cute!!! :'))the wings and the diaper thingi was all velvet feeling!! way awesome!!! :')) thank you so much carol!!! (((***great big hugs***))) :'))

o

They just got here, I really love the double decadance ones.

o
address

Just sent the address for that care package, I need to run to bank, then I'll send $$ via paypal.

o

Fishy, that is so nice of the guys to take such good care of you on your birthday! Mmmmm, that breakfast sounds delicious! You are so right! That bread would make AWESOME Subs!

Hubby and I are doing Valentine's Day on Friday. He has said that I am to block off the calendar and already he set up a sitter. He told me that he is taking care of all the plans and I am to be available! He hasn't done anything like this since we were dating. I am getting curious about his big plans.

curious.

o

hmmmm hubby doing the plans!! could be curios!! LOL
i like the idea of the kiddos and hubby doing breakfast! thats so neato!!
my ol man got me a gift card so i can get me some seeds. which i spent on some food for the garden and of course its online. LOL and sat we get to go to town so we get to shop for the girls things and send them off, that will be so nice!!
so how did it go at the docs becki??
i found some fairie lilli's at gurney's. so i got them along with the purple asparagus. i really want the purple stuff!! but i couldn't find the purple brocoli or cauliflower so i'm not so happy. or the beans. :'(( i have some carrot seeds. (purple) and on my black swirl datura, guess what?? its got a bud on it?? that's soo cool!! i'm so happy!! now i need to get spinach and mustard green seeds too, i can do that at walmart i suppose and save a ton, . :'))

o

glitter-graphics.com
Good Morning ALL! Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day!Only big thing planned today is going to Taylor's valentine's day party at school. I got lucky,5 other people wanted to bring cupcakes so the teacher asked if I would mind bringing in chips instead.....mind....heck NO!!!
She said she hae never had this many people offer cupcakes!!LOL!Congrats on the weight loss Becki!!! That bread looks too..
Gotta run. My dryer keeps shutting off ,looks like I might be getting a new one for Valentine's if hubby can't fix it.Romantic huh?
Later.....dirt

o
happy valentines day ;'}}

ya know becki i always overlook the big things!! sorry!! congrats!! that's huge!! i really mean that!! especially with you working out so much!! when i was woking out all the time i was so dissa pointed cuz i never hardly lost weight, but i'd loose inches. man it was soooo frusterating til one day i looked in the mirror and saw my huge but wasn't so huge!! but then it was all gone in a ks weather change!! believe me!!
i hope ya'lls valentines day is turning out great!! mine is not so bad so far!! the kids do not wanta do their work. hmmmm wonder why?? LOL maybe if we trade sat for today but then again daddy's home so i know that won't work. ahhhh!!!
i wonder how ya keep your kiddo's in line fishy??

o

Ah, the romance of a brand spanking new dryer! The fresh scent of dryer sheets, the warmth of a fluffy towel fresh out of the dryer, the cry of a hubby asking "Where are my socks?!" LOL!

I got all the kiddos packed up with their Valentine cards and candy for all their little friends at school. The kids are so excited about it!

Happy Valentines everyone!

o

Oh, I missed everyone's birthdays!! OH I AM A BAD BUNNY!!!
Happy HAPPY HAPPY late birthday, Medo + Mr Medo + Fishy!!!! I surely hope everyone had a great day!!! :O)

5 lbs?? How AWESOME is that, Miss Becki?! Way to go!! :O)

Nice to see you, April!! Have a great time at the party!!

I hope everyone has a great Valentine's day!

We're doing a ~bit~ better here today. My fever spiked to 103 yesterday, hubby took off work 2 hours early to come home and take care of supper for me. I was planning to go to work, but after I had the same conversation with hubby 3 times in a row & didn't remember it, he called in FOR me. LOL Seems I get a tad loopey when I'm feverish. Also had a conversation about how hot the girl from the Mummy movie is. Hmmm...haven't even SEEN that movie in nearly 4 years!! LOL Oh boy.
But I went to sleep around 4pm, and didn't get up until 7am this morning. And that is SO not like me. I have NEVER slept that long in my life! I can't even take a nap, and never sleep more than 6 hours a night...so I must REALLY be zonked. Gee whiz.

Adora is still fighting the fever pretty hard. It goes down, then spikes back up. So far, she's the only kid that has it. (keep fingers crossed!!) She's gotten so hot, that blisters have broken on her bottom lip, poor baby. She came to me, bleeding all down her front...freaked me out!! Oh, mercy, don't do that to me..any time..but especially when I'm not clear in the head myself!! Good grief, I thought she had busted something. LOL
But she's sleeping now, and I've got her doped up on Motrin. Again. If she's not feeling better tomorrow, it's to the DR for her.

Thanks again for all the well wishes, girls! Keep sending them...I'm headed off to bed for the day (again). I've used all my energy just getting the kiddos off to school. I'm pooped. :O)

o

lol Tracy! you are too funny.... (course it's only funny now, because I have been the recipient of many such 'romantic' gifts) vacumes, ceiling fans, crockpots..... lol, love em or hate em, at least they were paying attention. bless them for trying! A dryer may not be a dream gift for Valentines Day, but when you need one you need one!

hazelnutbunny! I am glad to hear that you are not going to work! you are in no condition, sleep, heal. Let Mr Bunny take care of you!

Sending healthy vibes your way!

Frances

o

oh geez bunny!! that's so scarry!!! you are ssssssssoooo brave!!! don't forget the cool cloth on the forhead and the back of the head. but not cold. and ya know if ya have meat that was cooked you know your not ever gonna eat, you know the one's i'm talking about. LOL use them to keep her cool, (in a towel, i know ya know that) it stays amazingly long!! LOL i found that out with grant last spring!! his was up really high for a long time!! so i used the hamburger patties we grilled and didn't eat. worked great!! i think i still have them to use. LOL hope ya'll get better soon!! and quit going outside w/o your coats on!! i don't care if its nice or not!! LOL and wash your hands, now i feel like a mom!!! LOL :'))
lets see, i ordered a bunch of stuff online. purple bush beans. purple asparagus, purple either brocoli or cauliflower. and that cheddar cauliflower. i just went crazy!! my simons card is gone!!!! and i bought some herbs and stuff!! i'm gonna have a pretty nice sq ft garden i pray!!! now if they all come in! and i printed it all off to make sure. ahhhhh!! i'm learning!! now this is the only nice thing i'll have for a while and it keeps on giving!! i know it was supposed to be for only me, but i can't be just like that, i spent it mostly on food seeds!! LOL i'm so bad about that!! i did get some passiflora seeds, but they were the ones that were fragrant/edible sweet fruit. LOL again food. HEE HEE i just have a hard time spending money on MEEEEEE. LOL it's so hard to justify that. but i do so need a few new bras' ya know how that is!!!
lol

o

Oh! A Crockpot you say? Ah yes, the gift that keeps on giving! Too busy to cook? Throw a lump of meat in there in the morning and some vegies, plug it in, turn it on. Lock the doors, go to work! Come home at 5:30 to the ah so savory aroma of a perfectly cooked pot roast! Mmmmmm! YUMMY!

potroast

o

Medo,
How do I get them to behave? hmmmm.... well we have a schedule, the schedule is king, and don't disrupt my schedule or else. But I think you're a bit more relaxed than that. We have 2 kinds of "days" half days (math, reading only) and full days (math reading & 2-3 history/science/art lessons) Instead of doing an hour of the other classes everyday, we "chunk" subjects onto a single day (example, mondays are "history day" where we knock out 3 history lessons in just over an hour). I have the schedule posted, so there's no arguing, the kids can look and see what day it is. Also, when they are done with the work for the day, they are done, so if they can finish thier math pages in 15 mins, and get them 90% correct, they are set.

Mr fishy bought me a 6 ft passifloria eduli "fredrick" last solstice medo, I can send some cuttings it you wanna try that too (on the passifloria page is kristfer's cloning box for rooting cuttings, I'm doing ok with rooting hormone & peat in a 2 ltr bottle "dome").

Last year for my bday/vday gift mr fishy bought me.... a 15ft cubic deep freeze, it was what I asked for.

glitter-graphics.com

o

lol! yes, yes, yes..... there are times when a 'household appliance' is a nice gift (or even a most covetted gift or most needed thing ) but still a girl wants to know she is not 'just' the maid, housekeeper, chauffer, nanny, caregiver, chef, launderess, power exec, teacher, spiritual guardian..... lol

Actually I really don't care much for fanfare, good conversation can be a pwerful 'turn on' for me!

Speaking of Valentines though, I think Tracy has the USPS in her pocket! My Valentine arrived right on time! (good thing you put the "OPEN this END" notice or I mightat missed that red tissue bikini (HA HA HA) LIPS that whistle!!! bravo, plus a very silly card.... (with empty candy wrappers inside BOO HOOO!!!!!

But there was candy! Rasberry and Chocolate sticks! yum yum! better hide them or they will disapear! and a Ziffy Greenhouse too which I am going to use to sow all of the lovely seeds she sent in PINK and RED

Red
Canna
Penta
Impatiens

Pink
Cleome (this is a neighborhood fave since I planted it last year! everyone loved it)

And Love lies Bleeding.

Thank you so much Tracy!

o

ohhhh thats a great idea fishy!! i love that!! i'll have to try that!! and yes i'd love to try the cutting of the passi!! i love them so much!! :')) they are so pretty!! and graceful! i hear some really stink but if they do i'll keep them at the other end of the property!! LOL :')) in containers on some of them cuz i want them in the house when winter comes on the ones i so dearly love!! so i can overwinter them if they can't survive. :')) how many hours do ya'll have to do a year? we have to do 1668 i believe. so far i.m up to 590 and their school year started in oct.

o
oops!! duh!!!

make that 1116 hours!! i just looked it up to make sure! man! i'm glad i did! i was freaking out thinking i was really way behind!! and they have to attend at least 186 days.

o

Medo,
Here's a secret.... no one will actually come to your door and ask how many hours they used. Ok so dividing out 1116/186 comes to 6 hours/classes a day. So.... for a 5 day week you need 30 classes a week, count each class/lesson as 1 hour. So with daily reading & math that knocks off 10 classes so that's 20 left to distribute between history, science, art, other projects, music, etc. my 2nd graders do 3 history lessons a week, 2 science, 2 art, 5 computer (we use this for reviewing and reinforcing math & reading, and it's far more entertaining than making them do worksheets), the rest are used up as various "projects", such as our adopt a granny and project linus work. hmmm. what I'd do, is figure out the # of lessons rather than actual hours, keep track of lesson #'s used/planned, and use a simple % complete... also, you took them out in Oct, so the hours they sepnt in classes in Sept, and Oct, you get to deduct off thier total time. So plan for ~ 30 lessons a week, pick your days, and check them off as done.

o
No stinky

I wear the flowers in my hair in summer, and pay $30 an ounce for passion flower perfume that I wear daily. They're a little like a polmagranate, seeds with juice sacks is the edible part, I blend them into smoothies with berries or pineapple. According to mr fishy they "smell like naked women" it's very much a sweet/spicy smell, pretty distinct. Bath and body works carries a lotion and perfume that's pretty close to the fresh flower scent.

o

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!! XOXOXO to you all!
I got my silly Valentine! Thank you so much Karen, you are so sweet! The card you made is adorable. You sent so many seeds! WOW! So many of my wants!! Here is the list:
Sun smile pink morning glory
Silene - pink
Crepe Mrytle - Magenta
Salvia Red Sage
Angelica Giingus Red
Poppies - Champagne and Roses
Swizzle cherry and ivory zinnias
Teddy bear sunflowers
Thanks for the lolly pops too!! - Sharon

o

Frances! I am so glad the box came today! Yippee! Yes I do have my own personal Postal Worker in my back pocket. I pull him out for special occasions!

I'm glad you found your hot lips! LOL! Every girl needs a little cat call whistle now and again. Make sure you put it under hubby's cushion for a giggle when he sits down. I am laughing so hard at the idea of a red tissue bikini! It never occurred to me!

I wanted to send you the big Jiffy green house but knew I'd never find a box big enough :o( I hope all the seeds grow nicely for you!

Happy Valentines day my silly friend!

o

that's very cool sharon!! :')) and a lollypop to boot!! LOL
thanks fishy!! i'm sending all this to my email to copy it all so i can remember it all!! no doubt i will forget!! heck if i went by lesson, we'd be WAY ahead!! LOL he said for sure i had to teach them language and math. science is my interest for them and spelling/definitions. he has this habit of saying things and not knowing their meanings. now we have a time everyday that they can relax and i read to them. its nice for them. but today he read to talla, and we're gonna start teaching her to read. by this age he was reading. 3 letter words but he was doing it. i babied her way to much.we do 8 hrs of off and on but its school work and chores and making lunch. things i can classify as the schooling. but i do get their schooling in there. the problem is when i try to get them to do the school work here lately they want to do everything else. so now i'm having to be a mean mommie!! i'm not liking that part!! but i'm gonna try your idea of writing up the schedual and they will have to follow that, no arguing. we'll see how that goes. HEE HEE i told talla if she didn't be good i was gonna lick her nose and that i didn't brush my teeth for a week. she said awww gross!! but she did her work for a bit more!! LOL
dh brought home some carnations (white, white red speckles) i love them more than roses for getting flowers :')) one was from the kiddo's and the others were from him. and we fixed him dinner that's STILL cooking. and the bread is still not done. but the other is done before the bread. he's sleeping. so we're letting it simmer. LOL he was gonna take us out to eat. ahhh man!!! LOL

o
Wow

Becki, I am so sorry! I somehow missed your post with the gorgeous loaf of bread that you made! It looks fantastic! Congrats on the first 5 pounds! That is wonderful. Keep up the great work. I saw my first commercial for the alli. I was cracking up because whenever I saw it typed I was thinking it was pronounced ali as in Mohammed Ali! LOL! What a gomer I am.

Mohammed Ali

o

ok he ate so much dinner his tummy aches!! this is good!! only the roast isn't that soft. darned!!! but he's happy!! now we're still waiting on the bread!! i'll have to update ya on the list. and see how it works. but did i tell ya i found some fairie lily for talla's fairie garden?? i think she will be glad!! :'))
so how did everyone's valentine's day turn out so far?? and becki? how did the doc visit go?? or do you not wanna share?? hmmm/// LOL see ya'll after a bit!! hope adora is getting better hnb. please keep us posted, i will worry so much!! :'((

o

That is so cute, Tracy! Thanks for the laugh!!

Happy Valentine's Day, girls!!!!

Sorry I've been so silent since yesterday - it's been a bit crazy around here (good crazy though!) Here is a probably not so brief synopsis of what's been going on.

I went to the dr. That went great! I was very honest with him, talked to him about things that were very uncomfortable for me to talk about (in front of a student intern at that!), my blood pressure wasn't too bad, and he said he was okay with me taking alli. We checked for any reaction to my thyroid meds, and he said it was all fine, as long as I understand what will happen if I eat too much fat. You bet I do - it hasn't happened yet, but it could sometime. Then I ran several errands, and got home, and found the boys in hysterics by the computer. Dave and them had seen a chat window open, and Sassy happened to pop in, and they were chatting with her acting like they were me! Saying some downright crazy things! Dave was gone by then, but the boys had carried on. Poor Sassy!

This morning, Dylan went out to do his chores, and walked back in really quitly and asked if Dave shot a racoon last night. I told him I didn't think so, and he said there was one sitting right outside our door, leaning against the grill, and he thought it was dead. I went and looked, and it was sitting up, but leaning. I thought it was amazingly asleep. Dylan wanted to know if HE could shoot it, and I said no, wait. So I went upstairs to tell Dave that there was a coon right outside the door, and he started laughing. He had found it on the side of the road last night, and set it there to scare us!

Then, we heard on the radio, someone advertising a commercial type treadmill, like new, for $100. I called right away, and he said he still had it, so Dave and I went to check it out. I wouldn't say it is like they have in a gym like he said, but it was worth the $100, so we bought it. I worked out on that today - whew - that's a little different than the elliptical!!!

Then, Dave was home for his lunch, and I was just sitting down to eat, when he walked to the door. I thought he was getting the mail, but in walk these guys in red suits! Turns out he had hired a barbershop quartet to come and sing me a couple of love songs! I was so shocked!! I so totally didn't expect that! They brought me a silk rose, and a little package of chocolates and a card. It was very sweet! He took my picture, and I hesitate to post this, as I look horrible, and so does my kitchen, but it is so worth it to have you see how cute this was!

valentine's day

So, there you see why I'm trying so hard to lose weight!

Anyway, tonight I made a big dinner, that was actually low fat!! I am so proud of myself! I even made a light pie (though I still have to figure out if I can have a piece or not) Anyway, it's been a really good day! I hope you all have had good days too!!

Love to you all!
Becki

o

OMGOODNESSS BECKI!!!! You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! That was sooo sweet of Dave to do that for you on Valentines Day!!!! What a wonderful Valentines Day Surprise! I am glad you posted the pic sweetie, you are a treasure of a woman and we all love you soo much!!!

Tracy, thank you for taking care of me while my computer was down, I owe you dearly Ducky! You are a sweetheart!

Fishy, I sure am sorry if you didn't get your Valentine today, I, of course, ran late again. I am soo sorry but I think you will like your valentine. (I didn't send lingere though sorry ;) ).

Fishy and Michelle, I hope you both had a wonderful Birthday and I'm wishing ya'll both a belated Happy Birthday!

Melissa I hope you get to feeling better quickly sweetie.

Smiles all,
Pixie

o

No worries pixie, i'm sure mr fishy would be far more worried if you DID send me lingere dear.
Becki, don't wait to start wearing silkies silly, there's alot of well-designed pieces that are just beautiful, and that feeling of being beautiful will help keep you on track. If you noticed the items I got showed no tummy (I have streach marks) are V necked (to emphasise cleavage, an asset), and are cut a-line to skim over my hips, if transparent lace isn't your thing, there's pleanty of beautiful satin colors that can play up your cheastnut hair (I vote for reds, deep pinks and burgandies). Also get on the emailing lists for sales, I get alot of mine when the new colors come out, and "last season's" shades are $10 instead of $24 for the same piece.

Here is a link that might be useful: something like this...

o
the wish list option.....

Oh yes, and if you want hubby to buy you lingere, make it easy for him, use the "make a wish list" option, and they can email him reminders that "two weeks till ...." with a link to what you've picked. That really makes both of your lives easier.

Here is a link that might be useful: regestry

o

Aw, Becki! That was sooo sweet of Dave! That man is a keeper I tell ya! That gorgeous smile on your face is too precious! Glad I could give you a giggle. LOL! Lord, knows I was rolling my eyes at myself.

Pixie, glad to be of help. Anytime.

Miss Bunny, how are the patients this evening? I hope the fevers are breaking.

Fishy, thanks for the links, now I have some window shopping to do.

o

I think I am a mix between Michelle and Fishy lol, I have tons of lingere and I have tons of Sleep shirts. I LOVE to wear sexies under my jeans and everyday clothes just for that feminine (sp) feeling but to sleep in I would rather just have a sleep shirt on (now they do have sexy sleep shirts btw). Fishy you are soo right on the registry! Victoria's Secret has a wonderful registry also with a wish list.

o

awwwww becki!! that's so sweet of him!! but onery of him for the racoon!! LOL ahhh make up for the onery thing!! LOL
that's smart!! :')) na, just kidding!! your just a cutie!! :'))

now i could probably go for a sexy sleep shirt!! LOL but i have huge thighs!!
so talla has her daddy so wrapped. she goes, daddy feel these bones on my back. so he does. and then finally he goes you just wanted me to rub your back didn't ya?? she say's ya, and then he say's why didn't ya just ask. LOL
them 2 are funny!!! LOL

o

Vicky's irritates me on that thier sizes only go so high, or as mr fishy puts it, "where do the women with real breasts shop?" It can be a pain shopping for a 40DDD/42 DD, and vicky's just doesn't have much that size. most of what freddies sells in S/M/L they also carry 1-3X, my top is a 3X, my rump is a XL, so I have to pick a size based on how each piece is cut/designed (BTW backless/halters REALLY help when this is the case). Now if you can get hubby to lose his mind and drop a few hundreds, trashy is where to shop (I blew a ridiclious amt on honeymoon lingere in thier LA store).

Here is a link that might be useful: Even I don't spend this much....

o

OMG - Thank you, Fishy! You are such a fantatstic fashion consultant! I love it! Thank you for those links! I haven't shopped for nice lingerie for several years. I think I'll use that as a reward for when I lose 25 pounds or something! I have two really nice ones that I got when I lost weight before, but they are in a size 14, so it'll be a little while before I get there! This time, I am totally changing the way the whole family eats (a little at a time), so I am never planning to get this way again, and hope to never let my kids struggle this way!

And thank you to everyone for your sweet comments!

How is everyone doing today, Melissa? I hope it's getting better!!

o

Feeling better! Definitely on the upside of this thing now, I think....At least, for Adora and me. Aubeni started coughing and running a fever last night.....*SIGH*....
I missed 2 days of work, and when I called in yesterday, the receptionist said.."I"m going to have everyone start wiping everything down with clorox when their shift is over". Good idea, just wish she'd thought of that a month ago. My boss keeps bringing it back. Every 2 weeks, she's sick, so then I bring it home & give it to everyone...My boss is one of those that will cough in the air, not cover up..or she'll sneeze in her hands and touch everything.. ICK..

ANYWAY...Woooo, I missed some good conversation yesterday!! :O) I love those perty little things, Ms Fishy! :O) Nothing better than a woman doing something for herself, to make her feel beautiful (and sexy!) :O) But I think I have the opposite problem...my top is lots smaller than my bottom. I'm around an xs in the top, and more like a M in the bottom. So whatever I find that will fit the top, usually doesn't fit the bottom. It's either too loose on top, and skin tight on bottom, or fits the bottom but hangs on the top! :O)

Hubby's mom is FOREVER buying me ugly sleep shirts & awful stuff to sleep in! It's funny! We get a big laugh out of every birthday, because there is always something from her that's either hot pink, has frogs with ballerina costumes on, or maybe a polyester button front blue shirt with cowboy hats. (seriously) We've come to the conclusion that she doesn't want any more grandkids!! LOL What else could it be??! :O)

I've been on the slimfast diet for 6 weeks now, and have finally gotten down to about 127, which my hubby FREAKED when he found that out..he's like "You don't NEED to loose any more weight!! GOOD GRIEF!!" So, I promptly went and ate a giant hershey's dark chocolate bar!! LOL But my goal is 120, so I've still got a way to go. It won't bother me if I don't reach it, but I'd really like to. :O)
I started out at 165 last January, so it's been a very slow process, but I'm getting there. With my height of 5'3", everyone seems to recommend a weight of 105-120..which is pretty silly, if you ask me..since I'm already in a size 6/8. If I lost that much more, gee whiz, I'd be twiggy. NO THANKS!! LOL
It's not the being smaller part right now that I"m concerned with, it's just reaching that last goal that I set for myself. Hubby doesnt' seem to understand that, he's just afraid that I'll loose my curves. Hmm, not too likely, since I was curvey when he met me, and I was 10 lbs smaller!! LOL

ANYWAY! My point was (I really did have one..just got off on a tangent..sorry!).... YOU CAN DO IT, BECKI!!! We are all rooting for you, no matter if you want to loose 5 lbs or 50! We all know you are beautiful no matter WHAT the outside looks like (which, to me, looks pretty darn good! Grrowwwll!!!! LOL!!). But we also know that you have the spirit it takes to reach the goals you set for yourself. So, whatever you do, you know you have the girls behind you 100%!!
RIGHT, GIRLS??!! :O) :O) :O)

o

Thank you so much, bunny!! I am so proud of you for doing so well!! That is awesome!!! I am so proud of you!!!!!

I am so excited about learning how to cook well for my family! I didn't realize until this week just how many calories and how much fat I've been feeding them! Last night, I very proudly made a meal that one serving, which I ate had only 576 calories, and 14 grams of fat. Everyone else ate a little more than me, and had butter on their bread, but still, I know it was way less than usual! And it still tasted good! I have been more concerned in the past about making sure the food tasted good, than with how healthy it is, and I am glad I am learning to do both! I borrowed several Light & Tasty magazines from the library, and am working on finding lots of recipes for good, healthy foods that they will hopefully like! That combined with the recipes Fishy sent me should make a wonderful diet of us, that's healthy!!

o

exactamundo!!! she's just a beauty!! and the wiehgt thing is also dependant on the bone measurment. large boned, med and such. 105 on a small framed person might look good but on me, no way i'm 5'2 and pushing 230, darned winter!!!! and my lazy butt!!
but the point is the people who told ya that are wrong. also i believe they have changed the thingi this year cuz to many people were too skinny. or some thing. i don't remember the whole thing but it amounted to that, so if someone remembers the conversation please tell all :'))
i give ya'll credit for doing something about it! and that boy of mine is to, he goes out and walks with lester (my neighbor walks back and forth on his sidewalk for a mile) and has been watching his diet really good!! makes me so happy!! he's loosing a little fat pockets i think. and he's not cramming food like he was. i'm not so worried now. WHEW!!!
oh and did i mention i/we all got a little heart box of chocolates?? he was so sweet!!! talla wanted to inhale them!! she's the chocolate freak!! LOL she's soooo bad bad bad!!! LOL
my dad had to leave for panama/guatamala on a missionary on trip on valentines day, susie is better. she is worn out though. but much better and home!! he probably woulda stayed home to take care of her but ya know everything was all prepaid and taken care of so he had to go and susie woulda kicked his butt if he stayed!! LOL
then we got this thing from freebie fridays and they have
http://www.thefutureschannel.com/index.php
it was really cool!! they showed how to make barbie dolls!! talla was interested into that and alot of other things TONS!!!! yes i had chocolate so my mind is running!! LOL Sorry!! LOL
well i gotta go find something to feed the hungry girl- she just ate breakfast!! which reminds me- mom got her some of those leggings, and they were long!! much to long, now they are to short, funny thing is, last night grant didn't notice them on her only the top part of her compared to the pc stand thingi. he goes did you grow some more???? talla goes YESSSS daddy!! i did, duhhh!! and giggles. then of course i look down and saw that and had to comment about that. ohhhhh geez that girl!! no wonder she's always hungry!! LOL :'))
hope ya'll have a great day/morning!! :'))

o
ohhhhh DUH!!! sorry bunny!!! :'{{

congrats!! i didn't mean to not mention your weight loss, geez
that's soooo cool!!! :'>> another thing my mom does is add a little vinegar in, to give it pizzazz, grosses me out when i see it, then i can't eat it, but if i dont know it i'm good to go. LOL and the worcestershire sauce, we use lots of it, when i have it. and lemon juice. and the spices. then you don't have to add all the other "junk" . and for "butter" or oils you can add olive oil. that's what we do, cuz it's so good for you.

o

Woo Woo Melissa! That is great. I would love to see 127. LOL, don't think I ever will since I am 5'9". I think the last time I saw that number I was in 7th grade???? I am getting ready to kick my tail in to losing some weight. I've been sitting way too much lately. I really want to go walking. I haven't done that in so long. I am hoping to start getting out and hit the walking trails whenever they are clear. I am going to cut out the fats. I am giving up Mayo and chips. I always have these on my sandwiches with lunch. Back to water, no more pop. These are my only bad foods.

Michele, I am glad to hear that Susie is doing better. I can't believe that your dad is going to be in Guatamala! Wow! I have always admired missionaries. Such a wonderful thing to do with your life. I will pray for him and Susie while he is gone.

o
Smiles

Oh, no problem, Medo! :O) I've been really shy about mentioning it, simply because it's something I've always struggled with.

Anyway..I just mention it because I think, as a whole, women need to be supportive of each other, and less competitive. If all women would just see each other (and herself!) as beautiful, individual creatures..and the wonderful creation God made us..I think we'd be so much happier. I know that I was caught up for so long in thinking that if I only looked a certain way, wore a certain size, then everyone would like me...Blah blah blah. And so what if my booty is beyond Beyonce + Jlo sized. And it jiggles FAR more than theirs EVER would. LOL I LIKE my booty. :O)

But, for me, it is not a diet - it's learning that I CAN eat to be healthy. Learning how my body was designed, how it works...what it needs to do the things that it was made to do.
And...above all....trying to figure out how CHOCOLATE fits into all that!! :O)

o

LOL yes and the chocolate!! yes thats true i suppose!! LOL sometimes dh teases talla about having a jello bootie. ya know like j lo. she absolutely hates that and that's the one time she lets him know it. but hers is firm cuz she's so active. she was excercising last nite and almost made my bread fall. i said talla, do quiet excersicing. LOL how is the little aubeni?? i hope better!! and how nasty of your boss!! for goodness sakes she's an adult she should know better than to not cover her mouth!!! yuck yuck and double yuck!!!

o
this is soooo cool!!

hubby decided that since i couldn't heat the other green house, that we would get a green house that i can heat in the winter!!! under 700 LOL so we're gonna look!! LOL YIPPEE!!! is he great or what???? :'))

o

Michele, that is fantastic news! I am so excited for you!

Hubby and I just got back from our Valentine's Day Date. He surprised me with an overnight stay at a bed and breakfast after dinner last night! I was so shocked. He has never done anything like this before. The owner had wine and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us when we got to the room. The room was decked out with all kinds of valentine hearts and roses, pretty little antique nick-nacks and chintz pillows. A king size bed! I felt like a teeny tiny person in that big old bed! Loved every minute of it! What a great hubby I have!

o

thanks!
WOW!!! that's soo awesome!! were you speechless or what???
i bet it was sooo cool!!! he's so awesome!! hmmmm.....he definately gets an a+++++ LOL on the romantic side of it. LOL

we decided to go for the 10 x 12 at harbor freight!!!

o

Yes, I was definitely at a loss for words! He really surprised me. He's a keeper!

I am going to go look up that green house at HF right now! Can't wait to peak at it!

o
greenhouse

Michele, that looks amazing! That is the perfect size and I love how wide the doors are on it! I will have to save up for one!

o

we are getting it with income tax. my summerseed hill stuff came in today!! they let me know yesterday they were sending it out. how crazy is that?? or the day befor. but that is sooo cool!! i was not expecting that!! i'm so happy!!! :')) its nice to see you on here again tracy!!io

o

Good morning girls. Seems I got something a little extra for my Birthday, morning sickness. I've not told mr fishy yet, I just figured it out yesterday (I'm a bit slow on these things), but it seems our romantic xmas trip up to the mountains worked. Going to see my doc on Tuesday.

o

OMG!!!!! Fishy!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I put enough exclamation points on that!!! Woo Hoo!!!! Congratulations!! I'm sure Mr. Fishy will be THRILLED!!!! Wow! I am just smiling away for you!

Tracy - what an awesome surprise!!! That is so cool! These guys are the best sometimes, aren't they?! I'll bet you had a lot of fun!!

Michele - the greenhouse sounds so nice! I'll have to take a look at it! Hubby keeps telling me someday - hopefully someday soon!!

Love to all of you!!

Becki

o

WOW!! How fantastic, Fishy!! YAY!!!! I hope hubby is thrilled!! I know all the girls are! LOL!! :O) Hmmm...A baby shower round robin?? In about September?? :O) :O)

TRACY!!! What a Romantic idea your husband had! (I had my hubby read over my shoulder...just for hints...LOL...Hope it works!!) :O) You should definitely keep that one around! :O) I'll bet you felt like a queen!

Michele- Harbor freight has green houses? So cool! I did not know that, we've got a HF store about 5 miles from here, I 'll have to go check that out. That's hubby's favorite store..can hardly get him away from there!

And how is Miss Becki today?? :O)

Adora is actually PLAYING today! Yay!! This would be the first day all week that she's felt up to giggling and running around. Aubeni & I have been sleeping most all day. Hubby let us all take a big nap. I think, I've only been awake for maybe 3 hours total today. LOL Ah well, we're all starting to feel much better. Dang flu bug, anyway! ICK.

Where is Miss Pixie?? And our other girls??

o

Congratulations Fishy! That is wonderful news! I know that hubby of yours will be over the moon with excitement!

o

CONGRATS FISHY!!!!!!!

glitter-graphics.com
later...dirt

o
OMGOSH!!!! that's soooo cool!!!

i can't wait to hear what mr.fishy has to say and how ya tell him!!! congradulations!!!! this is sooo cool!!! WOW what are the boy's gonna think?? i hope they are happy!! (with a girl) :')) packages all done i just need to send them off monday! and i'm so anxious to see what ya think!! i so hope ya like them, i know it aint much but........LOL
we have a harbor freight in topeka. i hope we can order it and have them ship it to topeka. and then pick it up. but putting it together is gonna be scary from the sounds of it. but what the hey!! LOL i want to leave the floor bare and in the walking area put gravel. so can plant stuff in the ground under where i have the benches and such. or the hanging stuff. i do have it all planned in my head. LOL

o

Michele, I showed that greenhouse to the hubby and he mentioned the gravel for the floor. Seems that is a part of the thermal factor since the stones will heat up too and retain the warmth with a slow release for cool evenings. Check into wether the whole floor needs to be gravel or not. Alana has a greenhouse, right? She might know best.

Bunny, You bet your sweet bunny tail I am keeping him around! LOL! I have to tell you I really didn't know how to handle being pampered like that. I am normally the one who takes care of every little thing. This was such a great gift for me.

Fishy, I am sending you good vibes and happy thoughts. I lived on Gingerale and saltines for months when I was pregnant with the boys. I will pray that this part passes quickly for you!

o

Michele - I checked it out too, and that looks like a great greenhouse! How exciting! (But not quite as exciting as Fishy's news. Sorry!) I'll have to put a little bug in my hubby's ear - you know we should have a refund coming...

We are expecting a major storm tonight and tomorrow. Emergency Mangement is suggesting everyone have extra batteries and lots of warm blankets, as extended power outages are a good possiblity. They are talking about 1/2" of ice tonight, and then 6-8" of snow on top of that, with sustained winds of 25-30 mph, and gusts of 50 mph. We have gas for the generator and oil for the lamps, so I think we are good to go! But, if you don't hear from me for a few days, that will probably be why. (Depending on whether or not Dave decides to hook up the computer to the generator.)

One week down on my new way of eating, and it's going really well!! I explained to the kids tonight that we are going to limit their portion sizes to a serving, so for example when we have cheeseburgers, they only get one, and then they can have onion rings (which didn't come out so good), cottage cheese, grapes, carrots, anything good to help fill them up. But, in exchange for that, I said I will have a dessert with every supper (which will always be low fat - there are some GREAT recipes out there!) They said, "Dessert and a snack??? We can go for that!" I said, well, snack then will probably be something small. They thought that sounded okay. So tonight, we had sugar free banana cream pudding with a little cool whip on top for dessert, and for a snack, they had a fudgesicle (which I don't think they realize is low cal and low fat!) I'm learnin'! : )

Have a great evening girls!!

Love ya!
Becki

o

Becki, batten down those hatches and stay safe and warm. I hope you get to keep your power! I think that was a great plan with the kids. Very smart of you to make an agreement with them instead of telling them "here's the new plan". You are a wise one. It sounds like the plan is really agreeing with you. Way to go.

o

Heya Ladies,

I posted earlier but it didn't take obviously. Can't remember exactly what it said but oh well.

Tracy that is an awesome Valentines and Such a SWEETIE to do that for you!!!! I am almost jealous!

Michelle, that greenhouse is wonderful!

Becki, the nastys you sent me are blooming now, I have never had one bloom before! Also the Peppermint Zinna's you sent me are blooming so this is definately Becki Week! You be safe tonight and keep ya'll warm sweetie!

Melissa I sm sooo glad ya'll are feeling better! I hate it when my friends are feeling bad.

Fishy, Congrats I know Mr. Fishy will be thrilled also.

Fox has "the tree" almost taken down, but in the process he dropped a hmmm limb ? on a bud of mine that was ready to bloom, I know it wasn't a crocus, I think but I don't think it was a tulip either, I opened it up afterwards and it was purple with blue and green at the cup. It was a bulb I got from my sil's house so of course its unknown. I also have a group of hyacinths bursting forth a mix of woodstock and city of harlem.

BEST THING THOUGH......... I have a (yeppers just one) Daylily ready to bloom! I have never had one so of course I am very excited. It is right outside my front door to the left. I think THINK its either named "Matt" or "Royal Knight" Its inbetween those two markers lol.

Well we are under a severe storm warning and a tornado watch so I best be going for now.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

that's ok i'm way happy for fishy!! life takes presidence over gh. LOL and i was wondering how our storm was gonna affect you guys. it seems ours always goes to you. i'm so sorry its so bad!! :'(( i'm sending warm hugs your way!! i like your idea!! with the kids and all Way cool becki!! LOL
ya and something about i can put up aluminum foil in the winter and them water barrels and it will hit the barrels and it will keep the place warm. i will try it. but have a thing to kick on just in case it gets too cold. heck if i have to i'll add another barrel!! LOL :')) i read it in the gh forum. heck if i have to cover the whole bottom thats ok!! LOL i can sq ft garden it in there with the parts i want. LOL i'd think. i told dh about fishy being pregnant and mr fishy. he was chuckling. he goes is that his name? i said no thats what we call the husbands. he said so who am i? mr medontdo? i said no mr medo. LOL he goes ohhhhh LOL
we think tekina is having a boy. that's our niece. cuz they had to take the little one into get her used to the baby whatever it is. she don't want no more boys. she has 2 brothers. so that's why we think it has to be a boy.
well he's yammering at me to get to getting on to get ready for bed. and all. so ya'll stay nice and warm!! lots of love
medo

o

Tracy, I think you sent all that rain our way! We've had rain constantly since last night, it hasn't let up at all. Now our yard is under about 3" of water, and our carport is flooded with even more than that! (major drainage issues here LOL)
Ugh, it's a mess! 90% chance for rain tomorrow, too!!
The temps are supposed to dip lower tomorrow & Monday morning, so all of this will turn into yucky stuff. *sigh* I'll be SO glad when summer gets here!!

o
my nails are gone...

I stopped chewing on them years ago, but now I've bit them all down. Poor hubby, I don't often keep anything from him, and I'm an awful liar, so he knows I'm "off", I'm trying to play it off as birthday blues & flu... Both of the boys were miserable pregnancies, and it seems my body just isn't very sturdy when it comes to this, so I'm already a lil worried... I know he'll be thrilled, I just want doc to confirm things are good. He's very much wanting a baby.

o

Oh yes, my muscari bloomed today, with everything else I forgot all about them.
I just realized, we need another bedroom now, there's no room to expand here, can you see him designing nursery furnashings? oh boy.

o

Oh, Fishy, Honey...we'll all keep you in our thoughts and prayers that this will be a healthy & strong pregnancy!! Just remember to pamper yourself & take things easy - both physically & emotionally. Drink your red raspberry tea (strengthens uterine tone) ginger tea (morning sickness), remember your vitamins, and get plenty of sleep! (this would be where you say "yes mom" LOL)
Photobucket

o

i'd say yes mom too! she's been there done that and has 5 (?) wonderful kiddo's :'))
i was a cracker freak too!! could only drink sprite no ice what so ever!! just the thought of it would make me sick.
my sil chews lots of spearmint gum, says it helps her.
we'll have ta hear about the funny cravings!!! LOL

o
p.s........i almost forgot...

yucky!! hnb....your yard!!! ours was yesterday, now its all snow. :'((
how ya holdin up becki?? hope ya still have power. so far so good here. thank the good LORD!!!

o

Protein always helped my morning sickness- like meats or nuts..sometimes a heavy dose of starches would too. It wasn't unusual to see me scarfing down a baked potato or a baked chicken breast at 4am!! LOL
I think the weirdest thing I've ever craved, though, would have to be onions & chocolate. I'd literally make an onion & hershey bar sandwich. *yummy* (shuddering now just THINKING about it!!) UGH.
Normal cravings, though...lots of salsa - the green kind - with at least 2 of my pregnancies..and tomatoes (NOT green! LOL)
Oooh! I just rubbed a pregnant woman's belly a few weeks ago! (bad bunny, remember your boundaries!! LOL) It made me crave holding a newborn!! *sigh* Nothing better than holding a new baby! So tiny..so sweet..you just want to squeeze them!! :O)

How are our snow bunnies this morning?? Is everyone getting snowed in?? I hope it's nothing like out in Colorado!! Man, the pictures on Yahoo of the snow out there??! Wild!! I would NOT want that much snow. That's just plain nuts. Yep. Nuts. :O)

Oh, Medo!! I told hubby "hey, did you know Harbor freight has green houses??" He's like.."Um, YEAH. Yes, I do. They're around $300-400." I said..WHY DIDN'T YOU MENTION IT???? Grrrrr!! You knew all this time?? (um, yeah..yeah, he did!!) LOL He just didn't want to tell me, cause he knew we couldn't afford one!! (sweet, in his own way!!) Ah, Men...so protective!! :O)

o

Oh, I almost forgot! The thing that helped my morning sickness was to have a small (8 oz.) cup of cereal (non-sugar) in the evenings. It seems that if you go too long without some nourishment the morning sickness is worse. My Ob told me that when I was pregnant with Emma. Figures it would have been for my last pregnancy! It really did help a lot. I noticed the difference if I didn't have that evening snack.

Trina, sorry your bud got smooshed! Those hyacinth sound pretty cool. I've never heard of those before. Tell Fox to watch your babies! Sheesh! My friend lost a couple of rhodies when she had her house sided, the crew kept putting their ladders right on them and broke nearly every branch on the bushes. She was so upset! They were beautiful double blooming whites that I had picked up for her a few years ago.

Melissa, I'm sorry for all the rain! Woops, when I wooshed it away I thought I sent it north to the kanooks! Sorry, I must have gotten turned around somehow. The same pattern happened here with the temps dipping after all the rain. Lots of slick patches so be careful going to work tonight. Some of those dippy drivers don't know how to slow down gradually. Saw an accident happen like that when I was going past the Post Office right after it froze over. The guy was slowing down before leaving the parking lot and slammed right into a mini van that was passing the exit. Tore up the front end of the car in the parking lot and took the side panels right off the mini van. That guy was not taking his time coming to a stop.

o

I have seen those HarbourFreight Greenhouses and seriously considered getting one. (I could get it, but I can hear the DH now, lol) They have three sizes now and the little one (I would like that one) is about $280. There is a thread here at GW about building them, I will see if I can find it. But it is in the greenhouse forum.

Congratulations Fishymama! as everyone else has already said, rest and relaxation is best! Take care of the momma, the baby knows

Melissa I will take all unwanted rain please! please!

Everyone take care in the weather (we are not having any at the moment) Though it was a bit chilly this morning while I was checking my seedlings. (50's sheesh I am getting soft in this climate!)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

o

OMGOSH!!!! its official!!! he just ordered it online!! i'm so not kidding!! LOL i'm so anxious!! i'm getting MY baby!! LOL alot earlier and NO morning sicknes!!! LOL (ummmm.....but not.....) at least til it comes in, then the headache begins til its put together!!! LOL MAN !!!! I"M SOOOO HAPPPPPPYYYYYY!!!!!! he's copying off the stuff now that proves he paid. LOL HEEE HEEE!!! :'))))

o

Yay, Medo!! :O) I'm happy for you!
And now I get to be even MORE jealous of your green thumb!! Goodness, who KNOWS what all you'll be able to grow now! :O)
Yay

o
LOL your so funny!!! :'}}

LOL or ruin?? LOL :'>>> LOL your hubby will be so good and go buy ya even a small one, ya'll see. ya'll just smooch him a good one!! LOL and give em that ol bunny feeling!! LOL :'>>

o
Oh, the images!

in love bunny
Bunny feeling?? LOL! Oh, that just sounds wrong, girl!! :O)

My mom just called to give hubby a piece of her mind, b'c he didn't get me any candy for Valentines day!! LOL She KNOWS we're broke, yet she still thinks Valentines day isn't the same without candy. Silly woman! :O) Still, she could leave hubby alone. He felt bad enough as it is...honestly.

o

We are doing fine here! Michele, I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to see pics! I hope it goes together REALLY easily!! Poor Marcus - gettin' a piece of momma's mind!! I feel sorry for him!

Our snow has stopped now, so that's good! Dave thought we needed to go to town earlier, I didn't want to go, but he told me I wasn't "adventureous" enough. So, I went. Boy was that frightening, but we made it! The plows hadn't been out, and there were drifts all over the place. Icky!

Hope you all are having a great day!

Becki

o

geez!! i woulda been ALL over that becki!!! getting out!! oh ya!! LOL
we got to go to town, and our yard was SOOOO flooded, and dummy me forgot to take a pic of the water just peacefully going, it looked so pretty!! :'))
geez bunny ma!! behave!!
ya know its their job to make the guys feel aweful!! :'(( although rite now mommy is happy with dh, LOL wonder why?? i told her he got a burlington coat factory card just to see what she'd say, LOL and she was like awww i have to try to get one. in a heart beat they'd give her one!! trust me on that. LOL then i told her...just joshin, i wanted to see what ya'd say...LOL cuz that's one ya didn't have. LOL
i'm glad your just fine becki!! we were wondering about all that!! and tracy??? pixie???? i think i heard you were having bad weather right? is everyone else ok in our rr?? with all the weather going on its so hard to remember where everyone is and all, ok this dang back up keeps coming on, but it won't back up. cuz of the disk doesn't have enough space. errrrrrrr!!!!!! *%*@!%%*** and some more of those things LOL :')) lots of love medo ps he was looking at the benches on the receipt that he printed off, and he was like hey ya know if this goes thru good and we like this really good, we might think about them benches one at a time. hmmmmmm....... how cool is this???? LOL man LOTS of pressed work clothes and NO messed up "ACCIDENTLY" messing up on haircuts eh???? LOL ***HUGE ONERY GRINN*** LOL

o

Poor Mr. Bunny, there is nothing in the world like being taken to task by the mother-in-law. Been there before with my mama-inlaw. Not a fun place to be, espcecially when they don't behave reasonably.

Michele, we're fine up here. It should be mild until Tuesday. Then the temps drop again and we might get a storm. Not sure yet if it will miss us or not. Trina is in Texas and they have tornado warnings and thunderstorm warnings. Looks pretty yicky down there right now.

Trina, hope you are doing ok down there. Pop in and let us know if you can!

Becki, glad you weathered through ok. I wouldn't want to be on the roads like that. We had a day last week that was like that. The kids were already in school when the bulk of the snow came in. The roads were BAD. I am a good driver in those conditions but the van is not easy to handle with the rear wheel drive on ice. I had to pick Dan up at preschool at the worst part of the storm and was fishtailing just going straight and steady. Luckily not too many cars were on the road so it wasn't too bad.

o

I am glad to know that all ya'll are doing ok after these bouts of storms we have all been having. We had some major thunder and lightening last night and lots of rain, back yard is back to being "Fox Lake". Today was beautiful, in the mid 70's. I KNOW something COLD is going to happen before Spring is here though. Its supposed to be springlike most of the week here.

I feel for you girls on snow and ice, I have ended up in the ditch a couple of times from that slick stuff, brrrrr and scary! (it was in Dallas when we lived there) Ya'll be careful!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

nice to hear everyone is ok that we usually hear from. now we just need to hear from our others. LOL :'))
ok now i was ironing the hubby's clothes, and listening to the tv, and being irritated by what i was seeing. i was watching cbs. the kiddo's are coming home tomarow morning. YAY :')) its been very quiet here!! LOL uhhhh too quiet!!
now ya could go fishing in fox lake!! LOL little bunny's hoppin around, have ya'll ever watched this dexter on cbs?? i kinda like it!! too much talking though.
dh is thinking about letting tabor go back to school next year. yep i think i'm losing that round. but not with talla. she absolutely does not want to go to school!! which is fine with him. :'))

o

LOL Fox Lake is deep enough to have lil fishies in it but nopers, it just stays around long enough to make it muddy in my house from the kiddos and long enough for crawdaddys to make their castles in lol. Hopefully by Weds it will be soaked in enough to not have any standing water. We do actually have some bunnys that venture into our yard and raccoons and possums also sometimes. Its getting close to baby time for all the animals round here, maybe thats why the hawks are hanging around eh?

WHOOOHOOO on your Kiddos coming home, I know it gets quiet when they are gone!

Well ya'll just 20 days until Daylight Savings Time!!!! Just 31 days left til the first day of SPRING!!!!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Are you getting that storm today, Tracy? The kids don't have school here today, since the roads are still pretty bad. Makes for a short school week - it's parent-teacher conference week, so they get out early on Tuesday and Thursday, and no school Friday. Thursday, my kids will only be there for about an hour in the morning, as they all have orthodontist appointments in Des Moines (reschedules from ones I had to cancel a couple weeks ago because of the weather) that morning. I wouldn't even send them, but the two younger REALLY want to get a perfect attendance award this year, so we're really trying! So, they will only have about 2 days of school this week. Weird! I've got the neighbor kids over today, and will for a couple hours Tuesday and Thursday and for half a day on Friday (I think), so at least I should be making a nice little check again this week! : )

I told Dave about your greenhouse, Michele, and his response was, "That wouldn't be big enough for us." I'm like, um yeah, I think it would be, but he said no, we need a big one. So, I guess when he thinks we are ready for that (in other words, we have a big chunk of change with nothing else that needs to be done with it - probably in many years), we'll be getting a big one. Oh, well, someday!

I hope you all are having a great day!!

Becki

o

Becki, we got a nasty thunderstorm last night but that was about it. We had a few snowflakes flying this morning but nothing major. The kids are off today for President's Day. They had off Friday for a Teacher Inservice day so they are having a nice long weekend.

Dave doesn't think that is big enough? Holy moly! Just thinking about all the racks that I could install in there, I wonder how many seed trays that would be? If it were 3 shelves high on both sides. That would be 24 feet x's 3, so 72 linear feet of shelves. If you lined the trays up short ways (12 trays on each shelf at around 72 plants per tray) that would be 5,184 plants!

o

well my other post is just gone!! just like that! LOL don't know what happened? hey becki tell him there are bigger ones and they are still cheap compared to all the others. and this one lady bought 2 of the one i'm getting and put them together to get the size she wanted. and then that would be big enough for ya all, if he wouldn't sneak out there and snack on the grub!! LOL :')) grant said the house work'll never get done. i said what house work? we'll always be out there!! so the house will always be clean!! LOL geez as long as i have soil and such!! but now i go to the seed exchange and i see all the stuff there and am totally not interested. becuase of all the things i got online, all those seem not what i want. they sent me blue ripple sweet pea as a bonus!! i was like OMGOSH!!!! LOL its so pretty!! :'))
i got some ginko seeds from a friend and 1 is actually growing!!! YAY i am so excited!! i'll have to transfer it out later. when it gets more leaves.
i wonder what would get dave to see how much you want this gh? you could make a business out of it!! too like sell some salsa and some stuff.??? then maybe that'd peak his interest?? :'))

o

Medo, I was thinking the same thing about getting them to see the money making aspect of it. I told my hubby that if you actually got over 5,000 viable plants out of the greenhouse and sold them for a couple of bucks a piece you would make your money back on the gh, shelves, soil and planters in no time flat plus have extra left over. Then after the plants are ready for transplant you can start up the next round of seeds. That farmers market that Becki goes to would probably love having some perennial plants for sale too. You could sell vegies, eggs, canned goods plus plants, tomato, pepper, cukes, perennials and annuals and make a good profit.

o

Yeah - the funny thing is, he wants it for making money, but thinks we need a big one for that. Like we are going to start a nursery or something! I want to of course start lots of plants, but also have a place to keep my tropicals over the winter. I want to grow some kiwi trees, for my strawberry kiwi preserves - I've already orderd strawberry plants for this year - he doesn't realize that yet, but I got them with my babysitting money at bloomingbulbs.com for a pretty good price. I'm really excited for that! If I can get to the point where all I have to buy for them is sugar, that would be great! He already said he would build all the shelves and tables when we get one, so we would probably have them much cheaper than buying them. Anyway, I'll work on him! I have my ways... ; )

Becki

o

Hi ladies,

After reading everything on here,ya'll inspired me so I called the Feed Store (owned by friends of ours) and asked if I could put home grown veggies, herbs and plants in their store to sell them! They told me SURE! I would just have to pay $10 dollars rent for space a month for only the time I needed. Now I am really excited! I won't push fox for a larger greenhouse yet, gonna see how this spring and summer goes. I won't have to be up there, just need to mark and price the things. I am tickled!

I cleaned out most of the leaves and junk from my LG so hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will be able to transplant all the seedlings that go in there to it. I also marked my veggie garden and this weekend plan on working it over and putting up the hot wire and some seedlings in it. I still have about two-three more weeks (maybe) to start seeds straight into the soil, I will check the temp of the soil later to determine that.

Smiles all and keep up the encouragement!
Pixie

o

Pixie, you're so right about inspiration!! :O)
Hubby works for a company that produces metal things for buildings (the correct wording eludes me at this point!) - like roof panels, skylights, frames..etc. Anyway, he says.."ya know, we make a carport frame now, too. If we got one of those, and some skylight panels...we could make our own green house really cheap!" He gets everything at cost + 10%, so it's fairly cheap, in comparison to the commercial pre-made ones.
So, now I'm excited...he's going to get an exact price quote tommorrow....YAY!! He *thinks* the measurements are about 15' wide by 20-24' long. So that's a fairly good size! We got to talking about what all we could grow in one...he's more excited than I am! LOL
BUT that's all dependent on *if* we get a tax return...and what else we would need to spend it on if we do! LOL Oh well, at least I know how much I'd need to save up!! :O)

There's also a greenhouse/nursery about 5 miles from our house, that's been run down & closed for the past 2 years. I'm thinking about going over there next weekend and talking to them...seeing if they will part with any shelves or other things. Even if they have plastic sheeting...wow, that would save alot!! :O)

o

Bunny, that is so awesome! Now if I can get my hubby to jump on the greenhouse bandwagon - just think of so many of us having greenhouses!! : ) I'd love to talk him into using some of the income tax money for it, but I know he has other plans for that (i.e. - our woodburning stove and everything needed to put it in, a pool table that REALLY cheap - only $400, down from $1000, and he wants to enclose our front porch and turn it into our office.) So, obviously he has other plans that are good for the whole family, so maybe I'll just tell him I want to save up as much as I can, and go from there. We'll see. If I can save up half, maybe he'll see how serious I am. Anyway, we'll have one someday, if not this year.

Pixie - I'm so glad to hear that you did that!!! I wish I could get up the balls to ask someone about doing that, but I'm not really friends with anyone that owns a store. But, yes, I do believe that the farmer's market outlet will be a good one. And hopefully I will get a roadside stand done this year too. Depends on how busy things get. : )

o

oh how cool hnb!!! this is sooo awesome!! now I can be so happily jealous!!! LOL :')) that's way big!! :'))
how big is yours pixie?? 6 x 8? i don't really recall you saying? but its not how big it is its how much you use it and how great it works!! :'))
becki i'm sure that somehow everything will work out!! even if he builds it himself!! which knowing the little i see you wrote about him, he probably will do. :')) and it'll be fabulous!! :'))

oh ya and we could all share our seeds that we don't have!! LOL i just bought some passi"s. and they're edible and fragrant!! LOL had to have the both or no go!!! :')) (for me!!) LOL KIWI!! i just winter sowed some don't know the kind though. i want the vines. supposed to produce the very next year. but ya need both. but i'm still thinking about ordering some of them. "thinking"
sometimes i do wish that our men would let us know what they are thinking, sometimes i have to ask him exactly what is it that you are looking for tht will let me get this particular thing?? LOL although i hate doing that, makes me feel like a child then after that if that don't work comes the pissy attitude always, devil done won. that's when usually i just can't stop even though i know i should. i hate it!! haven't been that way in a LONG while i think. we've been pretty good except the day i messed up my eyebrows. LOL

o

LOL Medo mine is just a lil bitty one, its 4 shelves with a raincoat that zips over it but it is holding now more than 100 cups of seedlings plus 5 trays of peat pots and the bottom shelf is still empty. It works for me but then too I have the pool table in the barn that I have more seedlings on (well on plywood over the pooltable)

Bunny if I were there I'd go with ya to ask them. That sounds like a great thing! Im excited for you about ya'lls plans for your greenhouse!!

Becki, I have been checking into farmers markets around here and they really don't have them close to here (closest one is 30 minutes away and then there is one every Thursday in Needville that is about 45 mins away but sounds like a good one, I am going to go there and look around this Thurs.) I also am finding out about a roadside stand to see if the outskirts of Katy allows that, things are so weird around here but if they do then I am going to do that if my cukes, squash,tomatoes and other veggies go good. (ohhh I hope they do just to show fox that gardening doesn't only burn calories but also produces dollars!) I have all the stuff for both a roadside stand and a booth at the farmers market from my woodworking and crafts booth.

I think fox is happy that I have been getting back involved in living again. He and I were talking this evening about my plans for my gardening and also my woodworking/painting/crafts, he was very encouraging about everything I talked about.

Thanks ya'll :)
Pixie

o

that's good pixie!! :')) we are thinking about doing the same thing, sorda , not by my choice!!! tabors. he's the social bug!! not me!! so this will be his thing. i'll just be the driver. LOL and ours is like 8 miles away. LOL in a tiny town. and i know nothing about it. but i might do like joy does and just go to the park and sit there and the talla can play while tabor sells. LOL

o

Wow, look at all these girls making plans! I love it. It is so nice to see everyone excited and looking forward to great things! It almost feels like spring fever is hitting. I would so LOVE to have one of those greenhouses! Ed looked at me and said "hey, those cost the same as a root canal" (which I need to have done desperately but am too cheap to take care of). I shot him one of those looks and said "I'd much rather have the greenhouse!"

I was telling him last night that I am ready for warm weather. I have a flower bed that I am itching to tear apart and redo in the front of the house and many projects that are inside that need to get done. Yep, I've got the spring fever bad. I need a warm snap so I can throw open my windows and doors and air out my house and get some painting done. Come on warm weather!

o

Sounds like a good plan to me, Michele!

It's been blowing pretty badly here all day, so there are still major drifts on the roads. Dave and my neighbor are both saying they don't think there will be any school tomorrow again. The drifts, plus it's supposed to be below zero in the morning - that would be a bad mix!

Ugh - Dave just called, and said when he gets home pretty soon, he wants to take me out and see what's going on around us. He says it's like something I won't see for another 20 years. I don't really want to, as I HATE the slippery roads, but I guess I'll go. I'll try not to be scared... He says there is no way they will have school tomorrow - if they do, he is going to the next school board mtg. and tell the superintendant that he is a da** fool! Okay, I guess I'm off to see the big drifts!

Becki

o

It was 72 out, I wore a gauze dress today, and the seedlings are transplanted. Sadily instead of enjoying spring I've had my nose in text books.

o

Oh, that sounds so nice, Fishy!! I'll bet you looked so pretty! We JUST got back home - it was quite an adventure, but I need to get to bed now, so I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. I'd say it's unlikely we'll have school tomorrow!
Becki

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here