Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
agirlsgirl

Shout out to pattygrow5 .....Thank You!!! :)

agirlsgirl
15 years ago

I wanted to post a special Thank You thread for Patty. She really out did herself with this swap and made so many of us happy gardeners! I just think about how many want lists have been relieved of seeds that have been wanted for so long! For me it was Giraffe Foxglove, Silver Fox Foxglove,Foxtail Lily,and Pink Pineapple Lily,they had been on my list since the want list swap last year! So again thank you Patty,for all the hard work and late hours you put into this for us! You are the best!:)

Also a BIG thank you to everyone that participated this year,there were so many great seeds sent in...I am still blown away by some of the seeds I received!:)

~Angie

Comments (26)

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

I agree wholeheartedly with that statement Angie! Patty did an awesome job!

Thanks also to you Angie for your encouragement and all the extra seeds you sent in. If it hadn't been for you I would have not tried her swap!
    Thanks also to all the other gardeners that gave great extras... what a great swap, I'll be looking for it again next year!

Cindy : )

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Thank you again, Patty! You did an awesome job of keeping everything going and getting it all sorted! This swap was so much fun and there are several things that I am going to be removing from my list when I update after Fran's swap. My thanks to all the wonderful traders who shared those little pieces of themselves and their gardens with me! I am already looking forward to next year's swap!

Kathy

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

((((((((((((((((((( A Poem for Patty ))))))))))))))))))))))

Patty pack
    Patty pack
    Yes she can
    Pack us them seeds
    Just as fast as she can

Look em up,
    Stack em up

Mark em with a C (for cAROL) tee hee

She packed em all up
    For you and me

Thank you so much Patty,you are loved and appreciated by all.
    cAROL

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    15 years ago

Thank you Patty - you're the best! - Lisa

• SmokyMist
    15 years ago

Thank you Thank you Thank you Patty !!!!!!!!!!!!

Whooo Whooo Patty !!

• playintheyard
    15 years ago

yes Patty great job and thank you!

Annette

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

I wasn't in the swap Patty But I still think you did a great job just from all the comments and won't miss it for the world next year ;-)

Tammy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Patty,

I thank you too! I didn't really post a proper thank you the first time around. I won't whine about it but I have some serious neck issues that make it hard for me to be on the computer sometimes.

I sent in 140 packets of seeds and I didn't count but my note said I got back 142.... yay, a few extras to try! I was able to take 40 of my wants off my list, what's better than that?..

Thanks Again Patty

Lisa

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

Thank you Patty, for taking care to make sure everyone enjoyed this swap. I am sure it was harder and more time consuming than you let us know about; I am truly grateful.
    Alana

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Patty I cannot thank you enough for all the HOURS I know you put into sorting the seeds. This was just the best swap ! I received SOOO many of the ones I wanted ! Thanks for taking the time to sort, and to share many others with us too.

I hope you were able to catch up with your WS'ing !

Hugs and much thanks

Kym

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Thank you and (((BIG HUGS))) Patty for all of your hard work organizing and sorting seeds for this swap. I hope you had at least half as much fun sorting & packing as I/we did recieving.

I really look forward to this swap again next year!!!

Thanks again,
    Chell

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Thank you Patty! I enjoyed the swap and love the seeds you sent. I was able to eliminate many from my want list. Alas, I also found more to add so I'll be looking for this swap next year. Your patience, hard work and diligence is greatly appreciated.

• dorisl
    15 years ago

Patty, you did such a great job with this, I dont know how you got thru all those seeds. I start to feel overwhelmed with my small piles and to think you had over 8,000 seeds. I appreciate you even more and know that I could never host a swap.

Thank you for all the kewl seeds!

You too Angie!

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Thank you !Thank you Patty for all the hard work!amnd for the great tip to not open the package until we open a document and start typing what we got as we pull them ourt of the bag, that must be like the greatest tip of the year!!! Hugs. Chris

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Thank you so much again, Patty! I finally did some wintersowing today, 32 flower varieties! Out of that 32, 28 were seeds I received from this swap!! :) I hope you've been able to enjoy some free time and are able to get to your wintersowing now!

Karen

• roses_more_roses
    15 years ago

Patty Thank you!!! I received so many of the seeds that I have been wanting! It was so much fun opening the package, I couldn't believe all of the seeds! I don't know how you did it, I was having trouble keeping track of what I had to send out. Thank you for all of your hard work.
    Diana

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Patty, I KNOW how hard this swap was on you. I thank you for putting it together. It is NOT an easy job even when it is from a want list.

Thanks for all the time you put in AND managed to keep your sainty on top of that GOOD JOB HERE HERE, THREE CHEERS FOR PATTY!!!

I appreciate every seed I received and if it wasn't also for all you great members along with Patty's help none of this would be possible!

So thanks again Patty for a job well done!!! ANd thanks to ALL the members who sent in seeds and seeds for ME...:)!!!
    I can't pick out any favorites they were ALL great!

:) Fran

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

I'm tired here as I was up too late again... but, I just noticed this thread and had to comment. Yes, it's a whole lot of work that totally was noticed by us. We appreciate all our valuable seeds from this big swap. This was my first "want list" swap ever, so I learned a lot, had a ball of fun, got to know better or for the first time a whole lot of wonderful participants and a wonderful HOST and co-host, AND got some treasured seeds as well along with some surprises I can't wait to grow out. I appreciate that you put every waking moment outside of working and family have to's into this swap. Thank you!

Blessings,
    Angela

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

Patty you da bomb!

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

I agree with all the above! A great swap and I can't even imagine the hard work that goes into this! You done good!!
    Melinda

• sissifriss
    15 years ago

Thank you patty for all that you did. I am up to my eyeballs in seeds, I just need some more containers to wintersow with. It was wonderful getting that package in the mail. Thanks again
    Myriah

• velsgarden
    15 years ago

Patty this was my first want list swap also.You did an awesome job.I dont know how with work and family you do it.I am so happy with all my seeds.Thank you Patty and thanks to all who gave to me...velvet

• stage_rat
    15 years ago

Yes, thank you so very much, Patty! What a huge job it was, yet from my seeds I can tell that you never threw in the towel and started tossing random seeds into the envies! This swap wipes out our wants lists, so we're so grateful you're willing to read through them and do what you can to make our dreams come true!

Thank you thank you thank you!

• pattygrow5
    15 years ago

Thank you all for doing such a great job sorting and separating the seeds for everyone and making my job so much easier I am so happy you all were pleased with your seeds and really love all of the thank yous and a special thank you to conniesc for the scrapbook you made me with all the thank you a little butterfly came along and told me that you are the one who made the sweet gesture
    I got 40 jugs of perrenials sowed and will do some annuals soon so yes I got some things I wanted
    Looking forward to next year
    5th annual whats left on my want list swap
    Patty

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

I just got through going through my seeds again getting them organized and ready to sow. I really am completely blown away at how much time must have been spent just on my envelope alone. I am seriously in awe.... It's almost like it didn't all digest the first time through them. I'm sooo glad I sat down again and went through them all. It also makes me appreciate every person who participated who so carefully picked great seeds from their stash for me. Now, I just need to catch up my sowing with everyone else! I have SO many more seeds to sow! Yea!

Blessings,
    Angela

• SmokyMist
    15 years ago

I think..I finally finished sowing the seeds I got from this swap. *whew*....and you know what ? I already have aguilegia sprouting in the greenhouse, so whomever sent me those seeds, thanks !!