Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl34_gw

new: mnf: feb: h-e-a-r-t swap

flowergirl34
12 years ago

One seed can start a garden.

One smile can lift a spirit.

One candle can light a room.

One conversation can start a friendship.

One step can begin a journey.

One heart can love many.

One person can make all the difference.

I love this poem! I received this from a GW member years ago for Valentine's Day.

So this Swap is dedicated to all of you who make people like me smile :)

Welcome to the Make New Friends February H-E-A-R-T Swap.

Here's the Rules:

1. Your package must consist of at least 5 items. One item for each letter in the word HEART.

Ex:

H- Heart Valentine Card

E- Eggplant Seeds

A- Apple Gourd Seeds

R- Ridiculously Cute Stuffed Dog

T- Tolberone

You can make up anything you like in your HEART pack. Just remember to send what you yourself would like to receive. And don't forget to check your swap parnters want list and see if you can fill some of those too :)

2. You must ship in either a small flat rate box or a flat rate bubble envie with Delivery Confirmation. Please post DC when you mail.

3. Sign-ups will be until February 11. Partners will be assigned on February 12. Please mail by February 20, and post here when you do.

4. When you receive your HEART in the mail please post its contents here for all of us to enjoy with you. :)

This swap is open to newbies and veterans...anyone who wants to Make a New Friend. :) Everyone is WELCOME! :)

So what are you waiting for????????????? You know you wanna sign up :)

I'll be posting some games throughout the month as well.

Thanks!

vina

Comments (119)

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

corrine i am so excited! i am a seed junkie and will love anything you sent!

alana i am as usual runniing late, compounded by the fact that i thought that the biggest event of our dept was next week and it is this tuesday. ack. i am in co-charge of two committees so tomorrow is going to be nuts. i'm sorry. i will get it out to you as soon as i can :)

• shoestring
    12 years ago

Annie(canyonwind)Your Heart will be in the mail on tuesday due to monday being a national holiday. This has been a fun swap.I have had surgery and I have kept my sister pretty busy since I have been at her for 5 weeks.Both of us are a little behind with our hearts but I must take the blame for Robin and me too. Happy Presidents Day To All!

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Presidents Day!!
    Sorry I was MIA yesterday for Bingo. I was seed sowing all afternoon..teehee! :) It was a super awesome day! The kids and I managed to get 150 jiffies sowed. We are going to do some this morning too. This afternoon we're going to the zoo :)

Shirley and Ruby Bingo words are sent. :)

So glad to see all the packages flyin'.

Corrine can you still use the coupon for something else at a later time?

Margo, $57 for all that. What a deal! I love Penney's. I alway shop there. They have some cute kids clothes too.

2 bingo words drawn today.

THE BINGO WORD FOR SUNDAY IS: ROSES

THE BINGO WORD FOR MONDAY IS: STUFFED ANIMALS

Valentine Bingo Words Drawn:
    BE MINE
    LOVE BIRDS
    SMOOCH
    BEST FRIENDS
    SECRET ADMIRER
    ROMANCE
    POEMS
    CHOCOLATES
    RED
    LOVE
    PINK
    LACE
    ROSES
    STUFFED ANIMALS

SENDING ORDER :0):

poisondartfrog sends to cryptid**SENT**REC'D**
    tl.graham sends to shoestring
    canyonwind sends to flowergirl34**SENT**
    hazelnutbunny sends to farmergirl2009**SENT**REC'D**
    sjc48 sends to hazelnutbunny**SENT**
    smitties sends to sjc48**SENT**REC'D**
    shoestring sends to canyonwind
    corrine1 sends to rosemctier**SENT**
    rosemctier sends to poisondartfrog
    cryptid sends to smitties**SENT**
    farmergirl2009 sends to tl.graham**SENT**RED'D**
    flowergirl34 sends to robin1962-2008**SENT**
    robin1962-2008 sends to corrine1

Have a super day!
    vina

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Only 4 more bingo words left for me & 9 more days of February.

Did you all notice it's leap year? What are you doing on Feb. 29 -- your extra day? I've not decided yet because I'll be out of town at a conference for our camp Sun-Wed that week & not sure what energy I'll have left after our 3 hr + drive back home through traffic in 2 large cities. I wish the conference would end at a different time. Oh, well.

Yes, saving that coupon until the exp. date 3/31/12. I might feel "rich" and spend it later. Their prices on plants & supplies are a bit higher. Hellebores were 12.99 in a square pot taller & a bit larger than the standard 4" pot. At a local hardware store they were $8.99 I think. I most remember the heuchera because they were 4.99 at the hardware store & 2.99 at Fred Meyer compared to 8.99 at the nursery. They appeared the same plant material, pot, labels, etc. You have to be careful with plant lust while shopping there.

Have a great day,
    Corrine

• sjc48
    12 years ago

Vina, thanks for emailing the Bingo words - I have 5! Not that I ever win Bingo!
    I'm trying to get some WS done today, it really feels strange because it is a beautiful day here, bright and sunshiny, at least 45 degrees. I've done all the salvias and agastache, and I have jugs for everything else except the milkweeds-will need to do some creative thinking for those!
    Corrine - I love to go to the nurserys and see the high prices for plants that I've WSed for pennies!
    Hey, back into it!
    Shirley!

• shoestring
    12 years ago

THANKS! FOR SENDING MY BINGO WORD LIST TO ME AGAIN, VINA.

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Received my H-E-A-R-T package from Alana (poisondartfrog) - Girl, your wonderful package arrived in excellent shape, but nearly gave me a hernia carrying it into the house! I do declare your package is the heaviest I have yet received from a round robin, or any other GW swap! Small wonder why, considering the following contents:

From Alana's included list...

H is for Hummingbird-a tiny feeder is enclosed.
    E is for Elephant's Ear, not so tiny as creatures go.
    A is for Achillia millifolium, Red for Valentine's Day.
    R is for Rosamond Coles, a Red Canna for your garden.
    T is for Thunbergia alata, in this case Spanish Eyes.

The hummingbird feeder is really, really kewl! Smallish, yes, but brilliantly so, particularly considering we do not have any other hummer feeders hung-out at this time.
    "Elephant's Ear" refers to a hefty, softball sized Elephant's Ear (Colocasia esculenta) corm that produces a plant with Big, BIG, heart shaped leaves! Just gotta figure where to plant it where it'll be most effective without overshadowing a whole lot of other stuff. Wow!

{{gwi:1244400}}. Gorgeous! :)

(3 big, heavy, glorious bulbs). Man-O-man,...these are beauties for true! Our neighbors will definitely appreciate gazing upon them as much as we!

. Y'know, I've had these seeds before, but I didn't get to keep any, owing to the fact that I gave and traded them all away to others. But now,...they're baaaaaack! Lovely! :)

Also, Alana included a generous amount of

seeds,
    seeds, a red floral accented expandable vase, and a ziplock full of Dove chocolates (instantly snagged by Elly nearly at the speed of light). Since I'm allergic to indoor flowers (and floral shampoos anymore), the expandable vase will be filled with the packaging alternate suggestion of "decorative gems or stones" and artificial flowers.

Alana,...you totally rock, girl! Thank you so much! Sorry it took me this many daze to post about your package, sincerely. I've been kinda messing-up a lot, lately. I always send on time, though.

Thank you so verrrrry much for all of the fantastic goodies, and for your creative attention to theme detail!

Incidently, y'all, the Elephant's Ear corm and hummingbird feeder were both swathed in red tissue paper. Nice touch!

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Tuesday! :)

Corrine, got your email. Such a wonderful idea for March. Love it!

Shirley, I totally agree. I love going to the greenhouses and looking over the price tags...and then saying "got that"... "got that". For pennies on what you would pay for the plant...and the best part, I can remember getting them in trades or Round Robins on the GW. That always make my plants more special. :) Last summer when I had the Master Gardeners do a class at my house, the biggest question was where do you get such variety? BIG SMILE I said the Garden Web of course :)

Wow! Cryptid! That sounds like an amazing package!

BINGO WORD FOR TUESDAY: SNUGGLE

BE MINE
    LOVE BIRDS
    SMOOCH
    BEST FRIENDS
    SECRET ADMIRER
    ROMANCE
    POEMS
    CHOCOLATES
    RED
    LOVE
    PINK
    LACE
    ROSES
    STUFFED ANIMALS
    SNUGGLE

Remember, first to get all 10, and to post here first gets BINGO! :) We are getting close!

canyonwind sends to flowergirl34**SENT**
    sjc48 sends to hazelnutbunny**SENT**

Went to the zoo yesterday. Had a great time! Today I'm taking the kids on a nature hike. I just can't believe we can do all these things in Feb. this year. This winter has been awesome! :)

Have a super day!
    vina

• shoestring
    12 years ago

good night every one! HAPPY TUESDAY!
    At least I have 5 of the bingo words 5 to go.

OH Yeah, Vina, I havent heard from my prospective sender
    yet. Does she know my address? I don't know who she is.

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

I received a TERRIFIC valentine from Shirley today!

She sent a very creative selection of goodies! First of all (and most importantly!) CHOCOLATE! YUM!!
    And I guess I should post the other stuff she sent, too...
    Hmm, is it polite to type with your mouth full??! LOL!!

H- Helenium seeds
    E- End of the alphabet ZINNIA seeds and a baggie of ERASERS (great for homeschooling!)
    A- Agastache apricot spritz seeds and A-B-C- folders (also wonderful for homeschool!!)
    R-Rudbeckia cherry brandy seeds
    T- Tithonia torch seeds and TEAbags

Thank you for a terrific Valentine, Shirley!

• sjc48
    12 years ago

Melissa, glad you liked the HEART! I hope the chocolates weren't squished! Hope the seeds do well for you!
    Vina, I was outside checking the gardens today, and I found myself thinking "How did that get here", and "where did that come from" and guess what, they were all from swaps and trades that I did over the past year! I got some really pretty plants. It's going to be exciting to see all of them blooming this year. I hope the Hardy Geranium comes back, it was from Rose, and the groundhog buried it while digging it's hole. I filled in the hole and can only hope the plant comes back. It was a beautiful lilac color. I did get some seeds. And all the iris's you and someone else sent are poking their heads up! So are the Salvias that Alana sent. And the squirrels didn't get the mini tulips and daffodils in the front bed! YES!!! One victory for me!
    Shirley!

• shoestring
    12 years ago

canyonwind your heart went out yesturday morning. I will send confirmation number in the morning.

• poisondartfrog
    12 years ago

No worries, Rose. It won't break my HEART.
    Darrin, I am happy you enjoyed yours.
    Alana

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good morning!

Ruby, I'll email Tawnee and let her know to contact you. Wow! 5 words, good for you! :)

Bunny, that sounds like a great heart! :) I love everyone's interpretations, so creative!

Shirley, big ditto on everything you said :) this site is terrific! I just sowed 75 more jiffies last night. I think 2 were from seeds I actually purchased...the rest from the GW :)

AND I received my HEART from Annie yesterday. I didn't get home till late in the afternoon and it was a welcome surprise waiting for me. :)
    In my heart was:

H: Honesuckle Kiss: Goatsmilk Soap (WOW! Does this smell good!!)

E: Easy on the Lips: Rosemary Mint Lip Balm and Beauty Rush Lip Gloss (the Rosemary Mint is AMAZING!!!!)

A: Annie Loves: Strawberries and Champagne Body Butter (WOOHOO! Does this smell good!)

R: Red Bag of ?????: Mums: Bridal Robe, Coleus: Velvet Red, Tomato: Adventure, Tomato: Pink Oxheart, Lettuce: Spicy Gourmet Mix, Fenugreek, Valerian Officinalis your right it does smell good!, Ornamental Kale: Crane Pink, Ornamental Kale: Nagoya Red...wow what a great bag of ???? :0)

T: Tummy Yummies: A whole bag of CANDY! Twix, Snickers...chocolate...chocolate...chocolate...:0)

Thank you so much Annie for such a thoughtful HEART! I loved your letter all in roses too. And everything bagged and wrapped in valentines baggies...super awesome touch! LOVED IT ALL!!!! THANK YOU!! :)

THE BINGO WORD FOR WEDNESDAY IS: VALENTINES

BE MINE
    LOVE BIRDS
    SMOOCH
    BEST FRIENDS
    SECRET ADMIRER
    ROMANCE
    POEMS
    CHOCOLATES
    RED
    LOVE
    PINK
    LACE
    ROSES
    STUFFED ANIMALS
    SNUGGLE
    VALENTINES

Remember, first to get all 10, and to post here first gets BINGO! :) We are getting close!

canyonwind sends to flowergirl34**SENT**REC'D**
    sjc48 sends to hazelnutbunny**SENT**REC'D**

Have a great day!
    vina

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

i got my heart from corrine yesterday-- fell asleep before i could post. biggest event of the dept yesterday-- if you are on facebook, check out the pics of me in my ocean costume! it rocked :)

what a lovely valentine-- a very cute bear with a mapleleaf, and seeds tucked like a little secret behind the leaf, devils claw and rudbekia, rose bush seeds, a heart box of chocolates with a rose on it, an adorable barbie valentine, a very cool animal calendar, and a heart shaped box of hershey's kisses (which i am scarfing down as i type lol). thank you so much-- it was a great package :D :D

• robin1962_2008
    12 years ago

My heart package came yesterday!!Vina sent me a cute elephant back pack,an adorable little bunny pin made by her daughter`s class as a fund raiser for their local food pantry(girls,I love these gifts you picked out).Now,I will list as Vina did:H.handmade card,hibiscus copper king
    E.elephant backpack,echinacea paradoxa(yellow),echinacea milkshake
    A.adorable garden gloves,adam`s needle yucca,alchemilla mollis-ladies mantle
    R.really cute bunny pin,rose mallow,rudbeckia-indian summer and prairie sun,rose of sharon-freedom T.turtle for my garden,terra-cotta yarrow,tomato-super sweet cherry and carben

and last but certainly not least CHOCOLATE SWEETHEARTS!!!!!!
    I didn`t know they even made them!They are so good,YUMMY!!!!THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Corrine,your package is on it`s way!!!!!!!!!

• smitties
    12 years ago

Received my box from Cryptid yesterday and it was stuffed with the following.

(H)and -crafted butterfly pin
    (E)xtra-bright "solar light" (key chain)
    (A)quilegia (Columbine-medium pink)
    (R)ed Valentine card
    (T)otally awesome googly-eyed ladybugs

All the above was very creative in wording. He also included the following

3 packages of bulbs, 1 shallots and 2 crocosmia which I am totally excited about. I grew crocosmia one summer and it did not come back.
    Pocket size phillips screwdriver which will definitely come in handy.
    Lindt smooth dark candy bar, slowly munching this daily. Yum
    Several packages of seeds all of which are a fantastic selection.

Thank you Cryptid for the fantastic package of great items. I can't wait to plant my items this spring. Margo

• shoestring
    12 years ago

WELL SOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE HAS GOTTEN WONDERFUL PACKAGES. AND THE BINGO IS GOING WELL TO. I"VEGOT 6WORDS AT LEAST WOO HOO. WELL GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE TALK TO YOU TOMMORROW.IT'S SUPPOSSED TO BE 70* HERE TOMMORROW WOW!!!!! Ruby

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow! Has this thread been busy!

Those all sound like terrific packages!!

Robin, so glad you liked the elephant! :) The pins really did come out cute. They have sold over 200 of them so far. Not bad for a Elementary school fundraiser :)

Ruby, have you heard from Tawnee? 6 Bingo words!! I think your in the lead :)

THE BINGO WORD FOR THURSDAY IS: CANDY

BE MINE
    LOVE BIRDS
    SMOOCH
    BEST FRIENDS
    SECRET ADMIRER
    ROMANCE
    POEMS
    CHOCOLATES
    RED
    LOVE
    PINK
    LACE
    ROSES
    STUFFED ANIMALS
    SNUGGLE
    VALENTINES
    CANDY

corrine1 sends to rosemctier**SENT**REC'D**
    cryptid sends to smitties**SENT**REC'D**
    flowergirl34 sends to robin1962-2008**SENT**REC'D**
    robin1962-2008 sends to corrine1**SENT**

We are almost ready to wrap up this month. Rose has been in contact with Alana. I emailed Tawnee yesterday for Ruby.
    Ruby, have you been in contact with Annie?

3 more to go and we are movin on to March :0)

I just want to thank everyone for making this month so fun! :) BIG SMILE!

Talk to you later!
    vina

• sjc48
    12 years ago

Hi everyone!
    Another really pretty day here, today!
    I have 6 bingo words too!
    Shirley!

• smitties
    12 years ago

Thank you Vina for making this swap such a success.

I just got another Bingo word and need three more. I can't believe someone hasn't gotten it yet. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Margo

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Wow, this is a tight game! I only need 3 more words also! :o)

• tl.graham
    12 years ago

Ruby... I am SO sorry that I am late! I had sent you an email. I apologize!!!

Here is your confirmation number : 9405503699300423263845

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

yeah, i'm still late. i'm so sorry. i can only get things together on weekends. urgh. summer, how i long for you!

am i up for march or is it someone else? i have three things scheduled but i don't remember what they are!

• shoestring
    12 years ago

No, vina but Robin and I mailed ours out on the same day
    in fact mine went out that morning hers that afternoon.
    Sorry,I havent posted her conf.# yet its the middle of the nite any more when I get on and the # in my car Will post tommorrow for her. I will email her also.She lives all across us from me wow what fun!!!

WoW bingo is fun too.
    It's no problem Tawnee I just love seeing others having so much fun myself even if I never even recieved one . Thats just how I am. Thanks Though.Its the thought that counts any way to me. I have loved every minute of this and I am so glad to have been part of such a fun swap with wonderful friends. Ruby

it

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

HAPPY FRIDAY!!! :)

This is awesome! Bingo is really starting to "heat" up, lol! I love a close game!! :)

Thanks for everyone keeping me on my toes! We are farther ahead than I thought...yippee!! This week has been SO busy with the kids being on vaca, I can't believe its Friday already. :)

Rose, Corrine has March. She has posted it already. :)

THE VALENTINE WORD FOR FRIDAY IS: DINNER

Is anyone closer???:)

BE MINE
    LOVE BIRDS
    SMOOCH
    BEST FRIENDS
    SECRET ADMIRER
    ROMANCE
    POEMS
    CHOCOLATES
    RED
    LOVE
    PINK
    LACE
    ROSES
    STUFFED ANIMALS
    SNUGGLE
    VALENTINES
    CANDY
    DINNER

tl.graham sends to shoestring**SENT**
    shoestring sends to canyonwind**SENT**

Please post when you receive. I am so enjoying seeing how everyone interpreted this swap.

We are almost ready to sweep February under the rug and move onto March with rainbows and leprechauns :P

Have a terrific day!
    vina

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

I returned home last night to find a H-E-A-R-T package from Shoestring aka Ruby! So very nice!!!

H-Heart with chocolate candy
    E-SunflowEr seeds Dwarf Sungold
    A-Apple dish
    R-Ribbon bookmark
    T-Travel....Cute! A Traveling card, crossing many miles, from the East to the West, from Ruby to me.

Thank you so much Ruby!!!! Absoloutley delightful!!

Vina, thanks so much for a fun...fun...fun swap. And there is still BINGO. We are all getting closer!!!

Have a wonderful Friday!!

Annie

• smitties
    12 years ago

Two more for me. I can't believe someone hasn't had Bingo yet. I wondered if someone is forgetting to check.

Good luck all. Margo

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

I have 6 out of the 10 words, so still need 4. Hoping my HEART comes in today's mail as I'm leaving tomorrow until Wed. evening. I should have internet access, but naturally won't be able to open up a package that is at home. I don't think our son will be interested. He, he.

Corrine

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Big Huge Sorry!!! For missing Bingo yesterday. Had a crazy day...

So to make up for it 2 words today!!!

THE BINGO WORD FOR SATURDAY: LOVE LETTER

THE BINGO WORD FOR SUNDAY: CARDS

BE MINE
    LOVE BIRDS
    SMOOCH
    BEST FRIENDS
    SECRET ADMIRER
    ROMANCE
    POEMS
    CHOCOLATES
    RED
    LOVE
    PINK
    LACE
    ROSES
    STUFFED ANIMALS
    SNUGGLE
    VALENTINES
    CANDY
    DINNER
    LOVE LETTER
    CARDS

Annie, that sounds like a terrific HEART! :)

shoestring sends to canyonwind**SENT**REC'D**

Only a couple more to go...

Have a great Sunday! :)
    vina

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

I had both of those today, so now just 2 to go. I bet someone else is closer or will win today!

Vina, you've got me on edge waiting for another word.

I'm leaving for a conference today, but can check GW only at the lodge or large meeting room where I'm going because it's not available in our room. Asking (begging) our son to lend his because hubby's laptop from work is such a dinosaur it took 10 minutes to power up.

Corrine

• smitties
    12 years ago

One more letter and I will have Bingo. Must remember to check tomorrow and then if my last word isn't chosen, I will have to take my list with me. I am heading to my son and dil's house to dog sit for a few days. He called to tell me he spotted a coyote down in the gully behind their house. My daughter stayed Friday night and heard it howling. Oh goodie, now I am going to be creaped out after dark. Their smallest dog would be an appetizer. It wouldn't be so bad if they had a fenced in yard.

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

okay t's all packed up, i just have to pray i make it to the po before it closes! does anyone else live in a town where the po closes for lunch? when do they think people GO to the post office?

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Monday!

WOW! Traveling BINGO! lol. This game is getting interesting.

Corrine, have fun at your conference.

Margo, I couldn't agree with you more about the coyote's. When I was little they would be right in the horse pastures yipping when we would be in the barn bedding them down. Now, here they are again. You can here them across the road yipping like crazy at night. And worst of all, the kitty that I have been feeding for 2 years now is missing. Taylor named him Autumn, after a book she was reading, "For the Love of Autumn", a very cute book about a kitty. Anywhooooo he is NOT an indoor kitty, he loves the "wild". He would show up every morning for breakfast and every night for dinner. And that is about as close to him as we could get. But for the last week, nothing. I think he turned up a coyote dinner. Last night Taylor even left our back deck light on for him all night hoping he'd show. :( I am still hoping.

Rose, Our po closes for 1 1/2 hours for lunch. Who takes 1 1/2 hours for lunch? And I wonder if they are being paid for it?

Okay, now to some seriousness....BINGO! :D

THE BINGO WORD FOR MONDAY IS: ARROWS

BE MINE
    LOVE BIRDS
    SMOOCH
    BEST FRIENDS
    SECRET ADMIRER
    ROMANCE
    POEMS
    CHOCOLATES
    RED
    LOVE
    PINK
    LACE
    ROSES
    STUFFED ANIMALS
    SNUGGLE
    VALENTINES
    CANDY
    DINNER
    LOVE LETTER
    CARDS
    ARROWS

I hope this helps someone. We have very few Bingo words left to draw :)

Have a great day!
    vina

• tl.graham
    12 years ago

According to the confirmation number I have for Ruby's HEART, she should be getting it today.

Hope she enjoys it!

• smitties
    12 years ago

That's my last word and unless someone is posting at the same time, I am the first to say

BINGO!!!!!!

Vina, can you double check and make sure I am right? Thanks

Margo

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Congrats, Margo! :D

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Well Margo, you came in for the kill again! Congrats on BINGO! My last word chosen was "Valentines" last Wednesday. I was patiently waiting for "Cupid", but it was not to be...LOL!

Vina, thanks again!

Happy Tuesday!!

Annie

• sjc48
    12 years ago

Congrats, Margo!
    I was waiting on cupid and holding hands.
    This was a great swap, many thanks to Vina for hosting!
    It's another really pretty day here today, I've already been out wandering around the flower beds, checking everything out. My Prairie Smoke made it thro the winter! Hasn't grown much, but they are at least still alive!
    This is the fun time of year for me, seeing what all is coming back, and trying to remember what everything is!
    Have a great day!
    Shirley!

• shoestring
    12 years ago

BEAUTIFUL, TUESDAY.WELL, I RECIEVED AN AWESOME HEART
    PACKAGE FROM TAWNEE,AND CHEYENNE YESTURDAY.I GOT;
    H-HEART CANDY/WIND CHIME
    E-PEEPS HEART/APOLOGY NOTE
    A-BATH SOAK/VALENTINE KABOB
    R-CREME HEARTS/HEART CARD
    T- LIST PAD/ STICKERS

I AM ALWAYS A SUCKER FOR CHOCOLATE AND THE LITTLE WIND CHIME IS JUST MY FAVORITE I LOVE BUTTER FLIES AND WINDHIMES,THE SPECIAL HOMEADE CARDS WERE VERY VERY SPECIAL TO MY HEART TO .THANKS SO MYCH TO TWANEE AND HER FAMILY FOR THE WONDERFUL PACKAGE.AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO VINA FOR A WONDERFUL SWAP.

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Great job Margo! Thanks Vina for hosting & playing a great game. I was waiting on heart & holding hands. Keeping on the lookout for the words helped remind me to be loving others all month. I think I did more of the little things & took time to stop, squeeze a hand or hug & compliment more this month. A little love, laughter & appreciation sure makes life more fun for all of us and it is free!

Robin - did you have a DC number for the pkg sent? I'm not home, but our son said it didn't come yet as of Monday. I'll be back home on Wed.

Corrine

• elliesfun
    12 years ago

Congrats Margo for Bingo. I have been so busy and going to doctors that I haven't paid much attention to the game. Today I had an echo test and Thursday a heart cath test. Oh well for the golden age they say. Was looking forward to more winter sowing but I am not going to scrap snow just to get the jugs level on the ground so they don't tip. Hoping it will go away but there is another big storm coming on tomorrow night. Would be nice if the weatherman was wrong. Have a great day everyone!

Ellie

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Tuesday!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!! :D MARGO!!! I double checked and you are the Big VALENTINE Bingo W~I~N~N~E~R :D

Can you please send me your addy and I will be getting out your Supa Dupa Prize this weekend.

Shirley, I was out the other day doing the same thing. Putting back my flower tags took longer than I thought with the ground still a little frozen. So I put them under rocks for safe keeping. I planted a tiny, I mean teeny tiny, little yellow foxglove baby that I got from a friend of mine. I was so astonished to see that it has at least tripled in size. It is planted in the back of the house, by the foundation, where there is very little snow and no wind. Is it possible that it could have grown over the winter? I was just shocked to see it.

Ruby, that sounds like a terrific HEART. Chocolate and Butterflies! What more could you ask for???

Corrine, your right! I love to laugh... and best of all IT'S FREE :D

Ellie, I hope your feeling better. There hasn't been that much of a winter to do "sowing". I do jiffies under lights, but have been wondering with such a mild winter are the ws'ing jugs outside bursting with bloom or are they not growing at all because they don't have the snow for insulation?

I also would like to remind everyone about the rate and review forum. We don't do it nearly enough on the round robin, and for some of the newbies, it really helps to establish them. Thanks!

tl.graham sends to shoestring**SENT**REC'D**

Just waiting for a couple more and we can wrap this up :)

I just want to thank everyone for such a fantastic swap. You guys have made hostessing this month super fun. And I can't thank you enough.

Have a great day!
    vina

• tl.graham
    12 years ago

Ruby, I'm glad you enjoyed your HEART. And again..sorry it took so long.

• smitties
    12 years ago

Vina, thank you and I will send my address as soon as I finish my post.

First I want to say I hope we don't have any members who were in the line of that tornado in Branson, Missouri, last night or in the line of the damaging storms that are going through the country.

I made it to my son and dil's last night and all is well. Thank goodness for alarm system as I am always freaked out at unfamiliar places by myself. Not that three dogs aren't a good alarm system. I have not seen the coyote either but trust me, I don't stay out there that long.

We had storms here last night and they have one dog who freaks with storms but she did ok. More headed here today along with high winds. I hope there are no problems. At least it is bringing warmer temps. Still can't believe the mild winter we are having.

Stay safe everyone and thanks again to Vina for another great swap. Thanks for the reminder on the rate and review reminder. I totally forgot to rate the swaps this month and they were all fantastic.

Margo

• poisondartfrog
    12 years ago

My HEART arrived yesterday. It's been a challenging week with more to come, so it was a pleasant interruption. Rose appealed to my sweet tooth with dark chocolate covered Fortune Cookies, a heart shaped box of chocolates and a huge chocolate bar. Two duck bubble necklaces added a whimsical touch. There was some special soil for the very choice seeds she included, among them pink and yellow ladyslippers and chili peppers from Sweden. I am thrilled with them!

I know I have not done this fine box justice, but it was a very special one. Thanks!
    Alana

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Thursday!

Alana, that sounds like a terrific heart! Those seeds sound very interesting.

rosemctier sends to poisondartfrog**SENT**REC'D**

Once Corrine posts that she has received...we are all wrapped up :)

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!
    vina

• robin1962_2008
    12 years ago

The confirmation number for my package to Corrine is:0310 3490 0001 7972 7177.The post office site says it was delivered at 12:00 on 2/27/12.Please let us know if you got it!!!

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Yes, Robin, I did get it when I arrived back home on Feb. 29. It was kept inside the camp office because it was such a large box it didn't fit inside our mailbox, so our son didn't know it had come! Robin, you went over & above on this box to me then the postage was over the top. WOW!

I don't know who was more excited me or my hubby when we opened it up...

Robin, how did you know we have a shady backyard? Last year, hubby became so excited about the bleeding hearts that he ordered Gold Heart at the hardware store near his parents while we were on vacation there and brought it home to plant in the backyard. The blooms lasted a long time & the plant did not go dormant until frost in fall. It was amazing! We have the corner on wet shade in our backyard & it's visible from the house, so the bleeding hearts are a hit!

The hummingbirds come to our back window & those little feeders will be perfect there. Maybe I will catch them on camera this year. I try every year, but miss.

Ageratum are deer resistant & put on such a lovely show that I'm excited to grow them myself along with the delphinium that fill out the garden so nicely with their fancy blooms.

Thanks Vina for hostessing & Robin for your super duper package,
    Corrine

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Saturday!

Wow! That is a super HEART! Corrine those pics are just terrific!

rosemctier sends to poisondartfrog**SENT**REC'D**
    robin1962-2008 sends to corrine1**SENT**REC'D**

Margo, your SUPA PRIZE will be going out on Monday :)

It's official... :0)...I declare this swap closed. :)

Thanks again everyone!!
    Have a great weekend!
    vina