Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mmqchdygg

UPDATE: Blue Team Pick-a-Seed Robin will fly tomorrow!

mmqchdygg
17 years ago

Hello everyone! I'm back and both of the Robins have landed back home! Thank you to everyone on the Blue Robin for the lovely trinkets! They will be put to good use! And Red players, you out-did yourselves with two full zippy-bags of seeds! Holy Mackerel!

I have sifted, sorted, separated, and refreshed all the Robins, and they will fly tomorrow! Just like the real ones outside my window today, these 3 robins are starting out FAT!!!

BLUE TEAM PLAYERS LIST (map to follow later)

Your Host: columbusgardener: Debbie C
nature_farmer

debbya

etravia

jselwa

michiganalice

strmywthr3

daff_knee2000

lisam627_ohio

efrosty1

msprettyky

flowergardenlady

menollyrj

columbusgardener

I will send the Robin to Debbie C tomorrow, Debbie- watch your email for your player's list/info, and other tid-bits.

Comments (62)

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Just want to say that a couple weeks ago it took 9 days for a package with delivery confirmation and priority mail to get from me to Veeja. It was worrisome but neither priority postage nor delivery confirmation guarantees Anything. I believe that "Express mail" does guarantee the length of transit time but that is really expensive.
    Delivery confirmation at least proves that you did mail it.

• nature_farmer
    17 years ago

Debbie..sent me a confirmation# in the mail,(she forgot to put it on the package...but I haven't received any package yet...just the envelope with the confirmation# Thanks,Jody

• columbusgardener
    17 years ago

Beth - you are absolutely correct - but when it's really not that far - and was sent priority - that they would at least have something in place to fill out BEFORE 14 business days. Their attitude was just as flip - but we are at their mercy.

I know it will make it - but I hate the wait......

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Looks like it's back on track!

Label/Receipt Number: 0306 3030 0003 2554 2899

Your item was delivered at 1:43 PM on February 22, 2007 in *******. I deleted all personal info.

Deb

• columbusgardener
    17 years ago

YEAH!!!!

• nature_farmer
    17 years ago

Hi everyone I received the package,i just went down to get the mail from yesterday,not feeling well..I'll go through these and get the sent on Monday..Thanks..This is one fat Robin..:-)

• nature_farmer
    17 years ago

The Fat Blue Robin will go out tomorrow around 1:30 pm..so the con# won't show until about 4pm,I'll post the confirmation# then...

debbya...what might I have listed on my trade page or not...maybe other seeds you don't have on your want list...I Do have some things for you I hope you'll like..I have lots of heirlooms,are you talking veggies,or flowers?...:-)

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Jody,
    I'll be happy with any seeds! Especially heirloom veggies, herbs (or flowers), cactus, daylilys. Really anything, thanks for asking!

I'm so excited to get the robin next, and can't wait to see what's inside. I'll post when it arrives!

Deb

• columbusgardener
    17 years ago

I have written Jody and asked if it has been mailed -

Jody if your listening please let us all know if it is flying?

• nature_farmer
    17 years ago

No but it will tomorrow,I have it all packed and added a few seeds for my person,I'm sending it to (Debbie)sorry it has taken me so long,I haven't been feeling well this happens to me alot..My mail lady will pick it up about 1-2pm...Here's the delivery
    Confirmation#03050830000073719941..it will show up about 3-4pm tomorrow,sorry but I don't feel good enough to drive to the post office today...:-(
    Debbie,I hope you like what I sent you for your heirlooms..Thanks,Jody

• nature_farmer
    17 years ago

Hi everyone...Okay it's hanging on my mailbox waiting pick up...:-) I really am sorry about the delay..

I hope you like the couple extras I sent you Deb...They aren't big,but they are on your plant wish list,not much but I hope you like them...two have roots the others are easy to root..:-) I hope they are different from yours,all 4 are different kinds...:-)Jody

• msprettyky
    17 years ago

Is is my turn yet? :( .........
    Just kidding...feeling a little bored and restless for spring. Started about 30 different kind of tomato seeds this past weekend and now I am itching to get in the yard. Waiting for the package to see what else I can go ahead and start!

• nature_farmer
    17 years ago

Label/Receipt Number: 0305 0830 0000 7371 9941

Your item arrived at 1:02 AM on March 3, 2007 in **********. Boy that was fast..LOL...Sorry again for being so slow...:-( Jody

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

The robin's here! I'll go through it this weekend, and have it back out on Monday.

Deb

• daffknee_2000
    17 years ago

Only 4 stops before my turn, I can't wait!

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

The robin is on the way to Maggie.
    USPS #0306 0320 0004 8059 3995.

Thanks for allowing me to participate!

Deb

• nature_farmer
    17 years ago

Hi Debbya..at least I don't feel so bad getting mine out so late..lol..I'm glad yours got out a couple days late also,that makes me feel a little better,but I'm really still am sorry about it..but there's nothing I can do when I get sick/ill/feel like dying...Hep C really can get you down,now it's starting to attack my joints and causing my osteoarthritis..which for me is very painful...I had fun with this one..I love sending extras..
    Debbya..Thanks for the private e-mail,I'm glad you liked the extra hen and chicks,dragon's blood sedum and heirloom veggies seeds I sent you...I love sending goodies to people...I love surprises and I think everyone else does also..I hope the veggie seeds do well for you :-)
    Happy Gardening Everyone...Oh I forgot to post what I took from the baggie and since I have sooo many seeds I was taking a big gamble on joining this Robin...I did find a few goodies..I think I took out about 10 pks and added about 50 plus the extras I sent Deb in a diffeent baggie..what ever you don't want from the heirlooms I hope you passed on someone might want them.I also saw several Robins day before yesterday,about 30 in a group...only a few miles east of me,I haven't seen any here at home
    yet..:-(
    I'm getting Lots of Gold Finches I started feeding thistle when we had that ice storm and I knew the birds were going to be dying since they couldn't get any food at all it was all frozen solid...I'm glad I had 5 lbs. of it and a giant bag of sunflowers seeds,because I tried to buy another bag when i went to town a few days later after I could get out of my driveway,that took 3 days..anyway they are starting to find their thistle socks and feeders,Why does thistle cost Soooo much... :-( It's just not fair because not all birds eats sunflower seeds,and most people won't buy it or can't afford to feed it..bummer...before long I'll be able to tell the Gold Finches apart...who the boys and girls are...in the winter the boys look almost like the girls..but Hey once you get them and keep feeding them...some will stay all year round..:-)
    I added way more seeds than I took out didn't you find anything good from the Robin Deb? you never mentioned anything here on the thread,and I started feeling guilty for not telling everyone what great seeds I picked out...thanks again DebbieC and mmqchdygg for starting this Robin..:-) Thanks again...Jody

• etravia
    17 years ago

Hi - Robin was received on Friday & will go out Monday afternoon. What a collection! I took some okra, arugula, liriope, & a few others, & added a bunch of stuff. One poor little pack must have broke open. I think it's poppy seeds! So be careful when you open it Alice! I had them all over the table by the time I was done :)
    Thanks to everyone!
    Maggie

• etravia
    17 years ago

Get ready Alice!
    USPS DC #03060320000480594008
    Have fun! It's sooooo nice here today...but I have to work. Bummer
    Maggie

• columbusgardener
    17 years ago

bump

• columbusgardener
    17 years ago

from Alice -
    I got the Robin today and it's leaving tomorrow AM, the DC number is
    0103 8555 7499 1732 1646

• msprettyky
    17 years ago

Hmmmm......still not my turn(long,drawn out sigh)!
    Thats ok..good things come to those that wait!

Just a little bump! :)

• strmywthr3
    17 years ago

I'm still waiting for the robin to show up at my door. It hasn't arrived yet :(

Barbi

• columbusgardener
    17 years ago

LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON THE GREEN TEAMS THREAD!

RE: UPDATE: Green Team: Pick-a-Seed is headed out tomorrow! clip this post email this post what is this?
    see most clipped and recent clippings

Posted by mmqchdygg Z5NH (My Page) on Fri, Mar 16, 07 at 14:05

Anyone up for a little Pick-a-Seed Challenge?
    Here's the stats:
    Red is on #7 of 13
    Blue is on #5 of 13
    Green is on #5 of 13

We can pick up some SERIOUS speed once this thing hits New England...
    Let's shoot for 24hr or less turnaround, and get this Robin back home before the Blue Team!

If we pick up enough speed, we might even catch the Red team!

Go Green!!!

I don't know about anyone else but that sounds like a throw down -

Debbie

• jselwa
    17 years ago

Hi gang! Sorry, I've been waaaay behind the times in posting to the thread. I got the Robin yesterday, and it will be on the way to Barbi tomorrow. Lots and lots of goodies in there! Thanks for including me!! Jen

• msprettyky
    17 years ago

I got my info, just waiting on the robin! All ready to go!

Brenda

• strmywthr3
    17 years ago

the robin landed at my door last night. however I worked a 12hr shift yesterday and didn't get a chance to look thru it before heading to bed. Hopefully I will get a chance to look thru it tonight and drop it off at the post office on sunday.

Barbi

• columbusgardener
    17 years ago

This is when the robin should start to act like a ping pong ball!

Debbie

• strmywthr3
    17 years ago

I dropped the package at the post office today after work. It's on it's way to you daff_knee2000!

DC# 0404 2755 6860 2502 7386

Barbi

• flowergardenlady
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Just checking in to let you know , I got all of my info and just waiting on the robin now. This is so much fun!

Jeanene

• strmywthr3
    17 years ago

according to the post office dc tracking, the robin made it to daffknee yesterday.

Barbi

• columbusgardener
    17 years ago

Daphne - we're waiting to hear from you??

• msprettyky
    16 years ago

Has anyone heard from Daphne? Haven't seen a post on this thread for a while..... just checking!

Brenda

• columbusgardener
    16 years ago

I am sorry it looks as if the Robin may be a goner - I have written to Daphne several times with no responce. I have even offered to go and pick it up to get it on it's way. She has a responce on the board as to her excitement about receiving it and then nothing.... I am at a loss as to where to go from here, it's a matter of trust,

• flowergardenlady
    16 years ago

Hello Everyone,
    Just checking in to see where the Robin is but I see there is a problem. Hopefully we will hear from Daphne soon. I'm looking forward to getting the Robin.
    I hope all is well with Daphne and hope nothing has happened to prevent her from contacting us.

Jeanene

• msprettyky
    16 years ago

So much for trying to beat the red and green teams! lol! Hope we hear something soon! DAAAAAPHNEEEE where are yoooooouuu!

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Don't feel too bad. The green robin has been taking a nap for a while too. Good thing there was no real race.
    Beth

• efrosty1
    16 years ago

hello, everyone. i received the envelope with the seeds yesterday. i sorted through and added a bunch more and small extra baggies.repacked in a better box, it came pretty beatten up..shipped out today.. thank you for letting me join your group.. have a great easter weekend..erica
    0306 0320 0004 8059 4084

• columbusgardener
    16 years ago

WHOO! I am glad to see it on it's way to msprettyky! and just in time for this second round of "Winter" we're having here!

Daphne must be having computer problems - and thank you efrosty1 ( how that name fits today!) for letting the group know that it is out on its way

Debbie

• msprettyky
    16 years ago

I got the robin today. I will go through it tonight and get it on its way tomorrow. Hey Debbie C., you got mail! Please get back to me asap!

Thanks
    Brenda

• columbusgardener
    16 years ago

Got and answered mspretty! -

that was a quick trip to KY!

Heads up flowergardenlady your next!

• flowergardenlady
    16 years ago

Wow!! The Robin is moving fast now. I will be watching for it and will let you know as soon as it lands.

Jeanene

• msprettyky
    16 years ago

I have delayed the robin again girls. I am so sorry but I have been in the bed on and off for the last few days with a terrible headache from my allergies. For some reason they are trying to do me in this year! I will get it out first thing in the am. Was hoping to drop it in the mail on my way to the doctors office tomorrow, but they called me back and cancelled my appointment. So I will suffer all the way to the mailroom! LOL! Hope it gets there fast!

Brenda

• msprettyky
    16 years ago

I almost forgot to post the dc# 03060320000463120767

Thanks again to everyone!

• flowergardenlady
    16 years ago

The Robin has landed and it is a big one!! I will go through it and get it back in the mail tomorrow...I will post again after I mail it.

Jeanene

• flowergardenlady
    16 years ago

The Robin is back in flight. It's on the way to R. Jay.
    Thanks so much everyone for letting me play, I've enjoyed it.
    Jeanene

Confirmation # 0306 0320 0004 8059 4114

• menollyrj
    16 years ago

No sign of it as of today. Hopefully it will arrive Monday...

-Joy

• flowergardenlady
    16 years ago

I just found out I put the wrong Confirmation number down.My husband mailed it for me but forgot to tell me she put a different confirmation number on the package than what I had..Don't know why..
    The right one is #0306 3030 0000 7930 7881

Sorry about that...I checked on usps and it said it was delivered Sat. April 14th

Thanks,
    Jeanene

• menollyrj
    16 years ago

It's on the way to Debbie as of Monday. We had a death in the family and I've not been online much. Thanks so much for letting me participate. There were so many goodies!

-Joy

• columbusgardener
    16 years ago

And I got home this evening and here it is!

Thank you everyone for participating in the second go round - I hope to see you all on the boards

Debbie