Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ishareflowers

NEW: Commercial Leftover seed swap..

This swap is for COMMERCIAL SEEDS ONLY, and the packs must be seeds from 2008,2009 0r 2010 season ONLY !!

Since this is commercial seeds only, you will get a small amount of seeds, but it will allow you to try some of the newer varieties of seeds.

DO NOT send the 10 cent pack of seeds from Walmart or 25 cent packs from the dollar general. We want this to be a fair swap, and most people will be sending in seeds that arent very common.... and are a bit expensive.If these types are sent they will not count towards your total number sent in.

NO MORE then 3 packs of the same seed ex. 3 packs of green envy zinnia, 3 packs of peppermint stick zinnia...etc

DO NOT post what you are sending.....just pack them up and send them to me, they will be sorted, and remailed out..this is a "surprise" swap !!

DO TELL me if you are interested in herbs, veggies, or flowers. (any combination of them)

I'd like to have the mailing date March 5th, so that we can still have time to sow the seeds. ( last season we were later)

I would prefer the seeds be sent in the original package, but if it is neccessary to put them in a new envie, they must have name of seed, year, and company they are from...and any growing info you can share !!

PLEASE email me if you have any questions !

( There is no minimum on the number of packs you can send)

Thanks, and I hope you will decide to join !!(sign ups will be till Feb 26th). The seeds should be mailed to me by the first week in March and I will sort and send back as soon as all the envies arrive. I should be able to mail back March,7th If all envies arrive on time.

Lisa

(this post was "borrowed" from last years hostess only a few things have been changed)

Comments (50)

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Thanks for hosting Lisa.
    Please sign me up.
    Alana

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Yes, thankyou Lisa! I have been waiting for this one as well! I received a fantastic package back last year!

Please sign me up.

Thanks!!
    Wendy / sassyb.

• sherri09
    14 years ago

Great idea, sign me up! Sending you an email...

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

I hope there is good response for this one. I have some nice leftovers this year.
    I'm going to be out of town this weekend, but I will check back in next week to make sure this is a go.
    Alana

• jaynine
    14 years ago

I have lots of great leftovers, too. Please sign me up.

• suecirish
    14 years ago

Hi Lisa,
    Glad you are running this swap. Sign me up please!

• jmt2213
    14 years ago

sign me up!

• gardenscout
    14 years ago

Count me in on this one. I have lots of commercial seeds to share.

I think I did this swap last year or maybe the year before. It was a great success.

• ruthz
    14 years ago

This sounds like fun. Please count me in.

• ten_steps_ahead
    14 years ago

Sign me up! Thanks for hosting Lisa.

• sapphires3
    14 years ago

I sent you an e-mail with questions - thanks!

• sapphires3
    14 years ago

OK, so Lisa asked me to go ahead and post here, to see what everyone thinks:

I have mostly veggie seeds, not many flowers and herbs at all. Would anyone be interested in that, or are you guys mostly flower people?

Thanks

• morguegirl
    14 years ago

Hi,

I would love to join!

Thanks, Amy

• jaynine
    14 years ago

I think ALL commercial seeds belong in this swap!

• ramazz
    14 years ago

Sign me up, please. I have not done this swap before - about how many seeds do you expect in a package?

Becky

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello All!

I haven't got a problem with veggie seeds being sent in as long as everyone doesn't mind getting some veggie seeds back in return. I am trying a few veggies myself this year.

AS far as seed counts, I would say that you should send in what you wouldn't mind receiving. I'll give an example, I have agastache purple pygmy seeds, they came in a packet of 10, I will keep 5 and share 5. It's enough to start a small patch and may take a most wanted off someones wish list! In most cases I will send 15-25 seeds but the packets that only come 10 or 20 seeds, I would send half.

I hope this helps.

Lisa

• zubababy
    14 years ago

I would like to join in. :)
    Kristi

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for joining everyone!

I think I have emailed my addy to everyone, if you haven't gotten an email please let me know.

Feel free to send the seeds as soon as they are ready, it will make packing them up easier.

I will be peeking at wants lists as I pack the envies for people so please try to have a few wants on there for me to try and match up for you.

Lisa

I got an email asking about $$ for the return envy, I don't mind stamps or $$. I have and will send back any overage of postage to you in your return envy. If you would like a conf# for the ride home please include an additional .80 (i think this is the rate now)

• ramazz
    14 years ago

Lisa, I did not get an e-mail from you.

Becky

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Sign me up please.
    Denise

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

I'm not interested in veggi seeds, I have a ton already. But others may be interested.
    Denise

• naturegirl_2007 5B SW Michigan
    14 years ago

You mention there is no minimum number of packs. How about a maximum? How many do you expect most people will be sending? I may be interested in the swap...gotta check my seed stash first, though.

• flwrs4ever
    14 years ago

Hi Lisa.....thanks for taking over my swap..it would of been nice to have been contacted first !!

I hope everyone enjoys the swap, it is a fun one !

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Naturegirl,

There is no minimun or maximum.

Kym,

I'm sorry if your offened, I originally thought that miceyrey hostessed this swap and waited a few days after someone posted about it taking off or not. Poisondart gave me a link to last years rules and when I saw that it was you that was hostess I thought it wouldn't be a go for sure! I haven't seen you on the gw in a while and saw somewhere that you wouldn't be winter sowing this year. I probabaly should have contacted you by email but I assumed "you know what they say about assuming>that you didn't want to do it again this year. Again, I apologize and if you would like to take it over, feel free to do so. It really makes no difference to me.

Lisa

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    14 years ago

Hi Lisa,

Please sign me up for this swap and thanks very much for coordinating it. Please email your address to me...I'm looking forward to participating!

LisaM627

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Too bad about the mix up. I assumed (there's that word again) that Kym had either not responded to inquiries or had responded to Janine in the negative.
    I am in whoever hostesses the swap. I would prefer to receive ornamentals rather than vegetables, but there are probably folks who would request the opposite.
    Looking forward to it,
    Alana

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Hi Lisa,

I haven't rec'd an email with your address info. Has it been decided yet tho who is hosting?

Either way I think you're both great! :) I am in whoever is hosting as well.

I would prefer more flowers vs. veggies, altho I do have some specific veggies I was looking for. I'll just include them on the list and if they show up, wonderful!

Hugs,
    Wendy / sassyb.

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

sapphires3, did you get my email about your SASBE? Some have been having problems with GW mail. If you need my address lmk.
    Denise

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I talked with Kym via private email. I originally thought that she was upset but she states me that she's not, she would have just liked an email first... shame, shame on me! I will not assume in the future when it comes to swaps.

However, the swap will stay with me, soooo get packing girls!

I have 81 left over 1/2 to 1/3 packets from my 08 and 09 perennial sowing. I don't think I'll be able to include many annuals as I can't sow them yet. If I feel well, I may split the packs, I'll see what happens.

Have a great night ALL!

Lisa

• zubababy
    14 years ago

Mine will be off to you in tomorrows mail. I will be out of town until Sunday. Off to some sunnier weather!
    Kristi

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

I will get mine together this weekend and get them out to you by Monday.
    Alana

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kristi, LUCKY YOU! I hope that you have a great time!

Sign-ups close tomorrow so if anyone is out there lurking, join now.

I have my seeds all packed up and ready to go, some are not in the original package because I split them into 2 packs of 20-25 seeds. I hope noone minds! I also have 7 or 8 packages from 07 and will include them but WILL NOT give myself credit towards them,they will be added as extras and hopefully will not be wasted.

Have a great day!
    Lisa

• sewwht
    14 years ago

Can I join in, if it is not to late?
    I'll send you an email.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

sewwht, We are happy to have you join, welcome!

I sent you an email with my addy.

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'll be watching the mail for envies of seeds and hope to return them just acouple of days after getting ALL the seeds in.

Please try and have them to me by the 5th so that I can get them back to you quickly.

Lisa

Lisa

• zubababy
    14 years ago

Lisa,
    My seeds were returned for more postage. My local PO sucks! I will get them out again tomorrow.
    Kristi

• suecirish
    14 years ago

I mailed my package off to you today, Lisa. It should be there in a jiffy!

• jaynine
    14 years ago

Mine are in the mailbox.

• sherri09
    14 years ago

I've sent mine today as well.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

WHOO HOO....seeds are on the way!

Funny how the thought of growing out a little flower seed can make a gardener grin from ear to ear. I have mine all packed up and ready to go so as soon as all the envies are here they can be sorted and mailed back.

Lisa

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

My plans for the weekend were derailed and I did not have time to package and send on Monday as I had anticipated. I have them ready and will drop them at the PO later today.
    Alana

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

I'm sorry but I am going to have to withdraw from this swap. I wanted to make at trip to the Landreth seed store last week but have not had the chance to.

Denise

• ten_steps_ahead
    14 years ago

Mailed my seeds today! Thanks for hosting Lisa!

Regards,
    Barbara

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Denise, I'm sorry that you had to drop out, maybe next time!

I got packages today from the following people:

Jaynine
    Suecrinish
    gardenscout

We have a great selection of seeds already!

Jaynine, I think that you have more to add to the swap than I do!!

I"ll be checking lists as seeds come in, I hope want lists are current.

If I have a seed from my garden that is on your list, I will add it to you package as an extra, not to be counted toward the swap.

Have a great night
    Lisa

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Hi Lisa,

Well.. ARGHH!! I'm going to have to drop out as well unfortunately. *sob. weep. gasp. you get the idea* I just haven't had the time to put into sorting and packing up what I felt was a 'worthy' package to submit. lol

Know how life gets in the way sometimes? Been havin' alot of that happening here! And I was SO very much looking forward to this swap!

Have a wonderful swap everyone!
    Wendy / sassyb.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello Ladies!

Sassy, I'm sorry to hear that you have to drop out, maybe next time!

I already have seeds from the following
    suecirish
    gardenscout
    jaynine

I got envies full of seeds from the following people today
    zubababy
    ramazz
    sherri09
    ruthz
    Diane
    Jenny

waiting for the following

ten steps
    poisondartfrog
    lisam627
    naturegirl
    morguegirl

We still have time Ladies! I should be able to sort and pack in a day or two. I have been checking wants lists as seeds come in. (alana, I know that your updating your wants today):]

Lisa

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning Ladies,

I haven't gotten anymore envies with seeds. I hope to get the last 5 packets tomorrow. I should be able to pack them up in a couple of days. I practically have everyones wishlist memorized...lol

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay, I got envies from the following people today:

Ten steps
    poisongart
    lisam

I'll give the other two members who said they were joining a day to answer my emails. If I don't hear back from them by tomorrow, I will start mailing envies out on Wednesday.

Diane(sewwht) You forgot to put return postage in your envy.

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LAAAADIEEES..... I"ll be mailing envies tomorrow, watch your mailboxes!

• gardenscout
    14 years ago

I got my seeds -- great selection.

Thanks for a great swap.