Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poisondartfrog

update: wlomwl homeward bound

poisondartfrog
13 years ago

Please acknowledge receipt of your seeds either by posting here or emailing me when they arrive.

Seeds for these players were mailed today:

alwaysagarden

gmom2_6boys

mao_tse_mom

micyrey

just1morehosta

shrlieb

yotetrapper

patrob

jodie74

bev2009

deanna_in_nh

Comments (75)

• yotetrapper
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I got my package yesterday. As I always am with this swap, I was delighted. You did a great job filling in for Patti, Alana. I got so many wonderful veggies, herbs, flowers and even woodland plants like ginseng and jack in the pulpit. And I found something I was starting to think didn't even exist... wax POLE beans! I am so very happy with them, and with everything! This is a wonderful swap, and thank you so much for your work Alana, and sorry I made your work harder as I was one of the ones with the pretty envelopes without lists. I guess I just figured youd be opening all the packs and mixing and matching seed packets so it wouldn't matter, but I see now you did it different than I thought you would. Sorry!

• molly_and_me
    13 years ago

I am thrilled with the seeds that I received yesterday.

Alana did a great job of picking the seeds. She put things in my package that I did not even know I wanted until I saw them. Now I can’t wait to plant them. I also received a lot of seeds that I have been wanting for a while.

Thank you all so much for the hard work, especially Alana. If you did not get seeds from me it is because I did not have a single thing from you want list. My goal next year will be to have something for everyone.

Faye, I am so sorry for your loss. In time the love that you and your mother shared for flowers will bring you great joy.

Thank you everyone,

Margaret

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yote, don't be sorry. I was not calling you or anyone else out. I just want to let everyone know what I learned doing this swap so that wish list hostesses will have an easier time.

I also hate for people to put a lot of effort into making things pretty that will have to be messed up later.

I am glad packages are finding their way home.

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    13 years ago

Hi Alana and everyone ! I got home from the hospital yesterday and made sure my family stopped at the mailbox ;-) and there it was ... an envelope full of wonderful prizes ... I sat in my recliner propped up with a big smile and drooled over every package of seeds ... it sure made me feel better ( better than the pain meds )

Thank you Alana for putting this awesome swap together and thank you to everyone who shared seeds with me , they are truly healing to the body and spirit, I will be up and about wintersowing again and starting my other seeds under my lights soon . xoxoxo to everyone ;-)

Iris

• gmom2-6boys
    13 years ago

poisondartfrog,

I got my seeds yesterday and I'm sooooo thankful. Everyone was very kind.

Thanks to all
    gmom

• suecirish
    13 years ago

Faye, I'm so sorry to learn of your mother's passing. It is always so difficult. My thoughts are with you and your family. Cherish your memories and plant her wintersown flowers in her memory!

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

debby_1 please email me.
    Alana

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

At last:
    sandysgardens
    columbine_21
    kilngod
    angelady
    suecirish
    velsgarden
    jaynine
    highalttransplant
    squanzon
    carsons-mimi

The estimated delivery date on all but one of these was Valentine's Day. kilngod is just over the mountain so she may receive hers tomorrow.

There is just one remaining. It belongs to debby_1 who is the unfortunate swapper whose address label I misplaced. To compound my stupidity I had carefully marked out her return address when I received it to replace it with my own so no help there. When I looked at her member page there was no email link so if any of you have her address or know how to contact her, throw me a lifeline, please!

I will have to sweeten her package a bit to make up for my negligience.

Thank you all. It really was fun. I am so glad it is done.
    Alana

• highalttransplant
    13 years ago

Yippy! Time to start stalking the mailman, LOL!!!

• rbrady
    13 years ago

I received my wonderful package in the mail earlier this week. It was filled with a great variety of seeds. You did a super job Alana, thank you very much for all of your work! Now I have to find more jugs to sow all of them:-)

Sorry to hear about your mother Faye, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Rhonda

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    13 years ago

Received my package today. Thanks Alana you did a super job as I received many of my wants and thanks to everyone in the Robin for the seeds. Christmas all over again and now to find more jugs!

Faye, sorry about the loss of your mother. Will be thinking of you.

• slo_garden
    13 years ago

Received my seeds today (sorry I posted on the other thread first and realized that this one was the more current one). Thanks so much!

• ruthz
    13 years ago

I received my package of seeds today. WOW
    Thanks Alana for all the hard work. I received many of my wants that are more rare or hard to find, and many more from my want list that are more common.
    Now if I just had garden space to plant everything.
    Thank you also to everyone that participated and shared your wonderful garden.

• patrob
    13 years ago

My seeds arrived last week while we were out of town, but DH picked the package up for me this morning as soon as the post office opened. Thank you, everyone, for sharing and fulfilling so many of my wishes! Alana, I really do appreciate all the hours you spent so that we would not miss out on this great swap.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    13 years ago

Good morning All,

I got my seeds yesterday and I am thrilled with what was inside...so many things to remove from my wish list!!!

Thank you to everyone that shared their seeds with me and a GREAT big Thank you to Alana for pulling it all together!

Lisa

• sandysgardens
    13 years ago

Hello Alana and Everyone!

I received my overstuffed wonderful envy of seed packets on Monday. The BEST Valentines present that I've received in a long time.

A HUGE Thank-you to our hostess Alana for doing such a GREAT job. Also a BIG thank-you to all that sent in such great seeds, fulfilling a lot of my wants. I will most definitely be in trouble this spring; for I will be sowing way more seeds than one human should be allowed to do. Shoot I already have over 100 milk jugs sown and now I have a sneaking suspicion I will be more than doubling that number of jugs. Also my indoor garden room will be bursting with plants under all the grow lights.

Again, thanks Alana for making it a GREAT swap for everyone and to everyone for helping to fulfill so many wants for everyone!

Happy gardening and wishing everyone a great gardening season!

Sandy

• carsons_mimi
    13 years ago

I received my package of seeds yesterday and spent the evening OOO'ing and AAA'ing over the huge number of such wonderful varieties. Thank heavens my valentine enjoys gardening as much as I do so he joined me in my excitement.

Thank you to all the very generous participants and all the effort that went into coordinating the swap. It was quite a bundle.

Lynn

• highalttransplant
    13 years ago

I received my package today. Thank you so much, Alana, for hosting, and thank you to those of you who sent in seeds for me. A special thank you to Jaynine, who always seems to have things on my wishlist : )

Bonnie

• molanic
    13 years ago

I got my package today and after a quick look through I know what I will be doing all night! I have to get those plant tags made up pronto so I can start sowing. Thank you everyone for all the wonderful seeds and especially Alana for all her hard work. The butterflies thank you all in advance for the great variety of zinnias as well!

-Molanic

• jaynine
    13 years ago

My package arrived today. I know my wish list isn't the easiest to work with, but you all did a wonderful job & I'm very happy with my seeds. Thanks so much for your generosity.
    Alana~you did a fantastic job. I appreciate how much time & effort you put into this swap. It remains one of my favorites! Thank you.

• velsgarden
    13 years ago

Hi Alana,I got my package today,and Im really excited about all the great seeds I got.Thanks so much for doing a great job.I dont know how you did it.Thanks to everyone that sent in seeds to me.i love them all.
    Also Alana,those were gazania seeds and not zinnias.lol Thats ok though.
    Thanks again for all your hard work.

• suecirish
    13 years ago

Hi Alana, I got my package today. Thank you very much for hosting. I appreciate all your effort in making the swap successful and I appreciated the note. Thanks very much to those who sent in seeds for me.

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just a few more out there. Thank goodness they are finding their way.
    Velvet, I am so sorry! No harm done, I hope. My Gazania seeds look nothing like that-different species perhaps.

I hope everyone is getting a taste of the beautiful weather we are having!
    Alana

• columbine21
    13 years ago

Well, yesterday morning I received mine! It was brimming with a great selection of seeds. I was especially delighted with all the new tomato varieties you all shared with me - a couple I hadn't even heard of before!
    Alana, you have done a great job hosting and I thank you!
    Thank you to everyone who shared their seeds!

Rebekah

• velsgarden
    13 years ago

Alana,oh no,no harm done.Yours probally have the stripes on them,these are a solid color.Im going to get the ones with stripes one of these days.lol

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Shanti emailed me that she has received hers and thanks everyone for their kindness.
    Alana

• jas_il
    13 years ago

Ahh..it's one week now and no package in today's mail either. I am beginning to worry now. I could have taken dc. Not sure if mailman delivered it to somewhere else. Well still hoping it would get here.

• shrlieb
    13 years ago

Received my seeds and all I can say is WOW. Thank you so much Alana for all your hard work and thank you to everyone for granting my wishes. I have alot of beautiful flowers in my future. Happy Gardening to everyone, will be contributing next year.

Shirley

• austinnhanasmom
    13 years ago

My seeds arrived today!! THANKS and HUGS to Alana and all who shared with me!!

I love all of the seeds!!

Happy Gardening!

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh no Jasmine! There was a problem with another package to Illinois so I am hoping that yours was misrouted also and will be there this week.

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

I want to personally thank each and everyone of you-and Alana-for the amazing selection of seeds that were sent to me. I had dropped out almost at the last due to some problems with my sister. I sincerely apologized about that, and so thrilled that you all thought kindly enough of me to send my seeds on to me!
    They came on my birthday and was a great surprise!
    My sister is going to be having both breasts removed and I am going through some major health issues again, so this was a great pick me up and I thank you all for it! The last month has been a bad one for my entire family and this was just the pick me up I needed! Thanks again from the bottom of my heart! Melinda

• kilngod
    13 years ago

I'm late in posting (arrived on Tues I think) but no less THRILLED!

omg

This is an amazing array of seeds and a huge amount of direct wants, and a huge amount of great filler! This is the BEST haul I've had in a swap overall. I am just thrilled. Dear me. I've got to get these planted yet. omg. I need more jugs.

Alana, thank you HUGELY for all the work you did on this. You did a super fantabulous job! Thank you HUGELY to all who shared seeds -- wow, you sent such great things!!

I love this swap, and these swappers.

• velsgarden
    13 years ago

Melinda,you and your family have my heartfelt prayers.Wishing you and your sister speedy recoveries.

I just want to say again,you gardeners are the very best.Thank you so much,so many of my wishes were filled.
    Alana,you did a wonderful job.

• sguanzon
    13 years ago

I received my big envelope of seeds this week. A big thank you to all of you who included seeds just for me. Thanks Alana for all of your hard work!

Sue G.

• debby_1
    13 years ago

Got mine yesterday afternoon. Started planting again this morning. I'm going to have the best gardens thanks to all of you. Alana, you did a great job. Thank you to everyone.
    Debby

• jas_il
    13 years ago

No seeds in today's mail either. Now I really think that seeds are lost in the mail.

Any way I am little disappointed as it was first time happened to me and I thought it was the last swap for this year.

Alana please don't worry about it. We don't have control over postal dept.

If I get the package I will post it here.

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

jasmine,
    I was really hoping they would come today. I had already started pulling a few seeds for you just in case.
    Please email your address to me.

I am disturbed by the fact that ibartoo's seeds did not make it to me and now jas_il's seeds did not make it to her. That is two misfires in one swap. That is a poor showing for the USPS.
    I know-Delivery Confirmation tends to avert this kind of crisis but the point is that it should not be necessary to buy an additional service to make sure mail makes it to its destination.

Sorellina's have not arrived either, but I am hoping hers is just a customs hold up.

Get back to me jas.
    Alana

• jas_il
    13 years ago

Alana,

I really feel bad to ask more seeds because I know it's hard and I don't want to put you in trouble.

Please Don't pack seeds this early and if you don't have extras you don't need to send it. Let's wait may be two more weeks to make sure that it is not coming any more. If you have extras then I will be happy to take from you and I'll pay the shipping charges.

Today I have filed the complaint with USPS to figure out where the package went. Hope to hear something from them in a day or two.

Let's wait and see since I am not in hurry and if you don't send seeds that would also be fine because I have plenty of seeds for this year.

• sandysgardens
    13 years ago

Jasmine,

I would love to send some seeds to you now and not wait until the envy might show up. It could take weeks for them to find it and if they do eventually find it, it might be damaged, etc....

I looked at my list of what I sent to you in the swap and I'm sure I can replace them and also send other seeds that match your wants.

Shoot me an email with your mailing info and I'll get a package off to you!

Later,
    Sandy

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Not acceptable Jasmine! I won't have everything you would have received but I can replace a lot of it. Don't worry about me. I have plenty of seeds, lol.
    Alana

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    13 years ago

Jasmine, I just checked to see what I sent you and I can resend replaceemnts of almost all of them ;-) Email me your address and I would be happy to send them to you ;-)

Iris

• austinnhanasmom
    13 years ago

Jasmine -

I don't think I can resend all that I sent originally, but I can send rare tomatoes and peppers that you can use for your garden or to swap.

Please PM your address.

• jas_il
    13 years ago

Alana,

Thanks for re sending the package. Can't wait to get it. Sorry for all the trouble.

Thanks everybody for kind offer. I am so overwhelmed by all the offers. We have such a nice group of people here.

• sandysgardens
    13 years ago

A package of seed packets is on its way to Jasmine!

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

sorellina,
    In the morning I will file a complaint with the Postal Service regarding your package. The customs tracking number shows no updates in a long time but maybe that can track it through that document.
    I am so sorry you are still waiting.

Thanks to everyone for taking such good care of Jasmine!

Alana

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Duh! If I had read my email when I got home I would have known that sorellina(Julianna) had received her package at last and was well pleased with her seeds.
    All's well that ends well.

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jasmine received her seeds yesterday, thank goodness.
    Thanks everyone for being so caring and sharing!
    Alana

• austinnhanasmom
    13 years ago

YEAH!!

• jas_il
    13 years ago

Alana,

The original package of seeds which you sent on 9th Feb arrived today. It was such a pleasent surprice since I totally forgot about it. It was such a fun to go through all the seed packets. I am so glad for sending me such a good selection of seeds. I am very much pleased with the nice assortment of seeds.

Now I have lots of beans and veggies to sow and flowers too. Thanks everybody who took time to send me such a variety of seeds. Alana thank you so much.

I would like to say special thanks to Jaynine, Sandy, and rane_grow for sending me seeds too.

Next time I will definitely do the confirmation to avoid any trouble for hostes.

Thanks again.

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wowsers! I am very glad you received it in time to use some of it this year. Nothing like having the original seeds selected just for you!
    I am really surprised you received it at all, but very happy you did.
    Alana