Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
intheforest

NEW: 4th Annual Seed Addicts Swap!

intheforest
17 years ago

4th Annual Seed Addicts Swap

WELCOME!

Any seeds go old/new, veggie, flower, shade, natives, etc.

Here are the guidelines:

Deadline for mailing to me will be February 28th, all seed packets need to be sent (postmarked)by this time. Kinda short turn around, but I want to get seeds back as quickly as possible.

Please include:

* Return postage -same or more than it took you to mail (Minimum .63 for small and newbies).

* Address Label

* Your Garden web name

* List of what you sent and also wish list (maybe you'll get a wish or two?)

I will return seeds the 1st week in March or as soon as all seeds are in.

Note--This year I am adding a Maximum Limit of 30 trade pkts or less, the last few years a few huge sasbes (40-60 pkts) have been sent and I think it limits the variety to all swappers a little because of needing to fill those envelopes.

You can send duplicates, but only 2 of the same

seed if they are very common. You will receive the same amount of packets as you send in and any "Bonus" seeds . Anyone wanting to donate "Bonus" seeds please lable them as "Bonus" or separate them and I will distribute them to other swappers or newbies. Newbies should send postage and write newbie on envelope.

Happy sowing,

Abbey

Comments (95)

• tod65
    17 years ago

If There is room for one more,
    Count me in.

Tod
    Seed To Seed Gardens

• prairiewinds
    17 years ago

Sounds like fun. Please email me your addy if you've got room for one more!

• monipsych
    17 years ago

Mine went in the mail today, I do have confirmation if you need it.
    Thanks.
    Monica

• intheforest
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LAST CALL TO JOIN US!!!
    The deadline is fast approaching to join the fun, but there is still time. I've gotten lots of emails that seeds are on the way and recieved about 1/2 already. If you haven't sent them you have a few days left (till Wed).

Wish more were in so I could do them this weekend since we are in the middle of an Ice storm and they threaten a blizzard tonight w/ 15-20 in. possible by storm's end. I may do some preliminary stuff since I'm obviously stuck inside all weekend. LOL.

Thanks for joining.
    Abbey

• jenntongrows
    17 years ago

Can I please join this swap

Thanks,

Jennifer

• boballi
    17 years ago

My envelope is in the mail!

• moonphase
    17 years ago

Mine went out today.Hope it gets to you before the week end.
    moonphase

• millybug
    17 years ago

Hey Abbey,
    My envelope is on the way - posted it this morning.
    Mildred

• romando
    17 years ago

Have you gotten mine yet? I sent it out on Friday.

amanda 'romando'

• fliptx
    17 years ago

I sent mine a week ago so I hope they've arrived safe and sound. It was fun picking out seeds to send!

• Azura
    17 years ago

I just sent my seeds in today, Ive got a confirmation number just in case. Thank you, Abbey :)
    -Azura

• Koppasetic
    17 years ago

How's it going intheforrest, are you burried in seeds yet? It's gotta be better than being burried in the snow like we are! Hope your hubby hasn't gone crazy already. :)

~Koppasetic

• jenntongrows
    17 years ago

My envelope went out on the 28th.

Just wanted to make sure you got it in time.

Jenn

• threeshyacres
    17 years ago

If possible, could we have an update about this round robin?

Thanks....

• intheforest
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OK, I think all the pkgs are here, I'll do an inventory just to make sure later today, but I didn't recieve any Monday or Tuesday. Yep I'm buried in snow and seeds. We were snowed in for about 3 days, though, Saturday they cleared just long enough to get to town before it drifted back in. LOL I have some about ready but should have all out either Friday or Saturday. This is definitely the biggest turnout to date, and much more work it seems (though still fun granting wishes :) ).
    I won't keep you on pins & needles much longer.

Happy sowing.
    Abbey

• intheforest
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Been working hard on these, can't believe how much more there is this year-about twice as much, lol. My usual sorting containers aren't anywhere close to big enough.
    I hope to have most finished tomorrow.

Here are those I don't seem to have. Let me know if there are any on the way from this list and I will hold seeds back.
    flowersandbirds4ever
    Lisa
    Catherine
    lat0403
    taterbug

Otherwise seeds soon in flight...
    Abbey

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hi
    thats great I can't wait.
    thanks for all the work we all appriciat it, evan if I can't spell it:)
    michelle

• intheforest
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OK, This was WAY harder than expected and took a couple days extra, WHEW, SO GLAD TO BE DONE! LOL. I've sent batches out every day since Friday and am finally done.

Now I need something...
    Claylady and Ilovefarac both had to drop out unexpectedly do to unforseen personal hardships/difficulties. Both of these are veterans of this swap, and each were given special seeds from their wish lists by other participants that I'd like to get to them as a suprise. Does anyone have their addy by chance. I would contact directly, but I'd like it to be a suprise.

Thanks if anyone can help out with this.
    Abbey

• albertar
    17 years ago

Abbey
    Thanks for doing all the work, I'm looking foreward to receiving them soon.
    Alberta

• dparker_la
    17 years ago

Abbey, If you find out the address for Claylady & Ilovefarce please email me and I'll share my seeds with them. cdparker06@aol.com Thanks for all the hard work, & putting the RR together, so we can have extra flowers to grow. Looking forward to next year! Dollie

• amyinms
    17 years ago

Mkruby has ilovefarac addy she is in another box swap
    Amy in MS

• karenh71867
    17 years ago

Thank you Abbey!! I received my seeds today and I am so happy with the selection!! Thanks for your hard work and all of the time you put into this swap! Thanks to all the fellow gardeners for the great seeds!! Karen

• monipsych
    17 years ago

Got my seeds yesterday have only peeked in the envelope. ;) But TY Abbey for hosting!
    Monica

• Julie
    17 years ago

Thanks so much Abby for hosting-
    and for selecting seeds from my list- Your thoughtful care in selections is appreciated! And thank you folks who found treasures for me in your seed stashes!!
    I am really looking forward to seeing my gardens full of new treasures this year!!

Julie

• moonphase
    17 years ago

Abbey,Thank You so very much for hosting this great seed swap.I really love the selections I received.
    moonphase

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    thank you abbey for hosting I got my seeds today and love them. and thank you to everyone for sending in seeds, they will have a great home.
    have a great spring everyone
    michelle

• susandonb
    17 years ago

Received my seeds today, thank you Abbey. They are great. Thanks everyone for sharing seeds.

Susan in NC

• threeshyacres
    17 years ago

Hi Abbey and fellow gardeners,

These seeds arrived just before our big snow! What a great wish for Spring.
    Thanks to everyone for the wonderful seeds, and thanks to Abbey for her dedicated sorting/seed work.

Happy Almost Spring,
    Jodi B.
    'ThreeShyAcres'
    : )

• pattygrow5
    17 years ago

Hi Abbey , I got my seeds yesterday thanks for the great selection and all your hard work I know what its like and thanks everyone for the seeds you sent.
    Patty

• limequilla
    17 years ago

Abbey,

Thanks so much for the great selection of seeds -- do I owe you money? I was so sick when I sent the package that I wasn't sure if I put in postage or not. Let me know and if I owe you, & I'll send it out right away.

Lime

• albertar
    17 years ago

Hi Abbey,
    Please tell me I wasn't left out of this swap, I keep seeing postings about many receiving their seeds already, but I haven't received mine, :( I sent either 18 or 19 pkts of seeds well before the 28th deadline.
    Alberta

• intheforest
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Alberta-your's were in the last bunch to go out so I would think they would be there right away, hopefully today. No limequilla you sent so many bonuses for newbies, etc., it was my pleasure. Everyone did great on postage and I barely had any extra postage required.

Again I'd like to thank all the generous swappers. Hope I didn't make any mistakes-got kinda manic at the end there-I was very carefull to start with-then I had to just get them out, LOL. Hope the last 2 batches are pleased with their selections, too.

Abbey

• jessewo
    17 years ago

Thanks Abbey! I got my seeds yesterday & it's a great assortment. Wed. was in the 70's here, & yesterday we had a foot of snow! It was great to creep home in a nor'easter & find a great big pack of seeds! Thanks for all of your hard work!

• jenntongrows
    17 years ago

Abbey,

Thank you so much for being the hostess of this swap.

I got my seeds today and they were great. What a suprise to have so many nice seeds. I even got Chamomile and I have it on my list of seeds to order. Now I can scratch that one from my list

You did a great job!!

Thank You!!
    Jenn

• fliptx
    17 years ago

Thank you for doing this, Abbey! I haven't got my seeds yet, but the mail can be notoriously slow to my house for some reason, so I'm not worried.

• ganesh108
    17 years ago

Hi Abbey,

Thanks for hosting this swap,but I still have not received my seeds yet. I had sent mine right before the deadline,and I hope you received them.

Thanks
    Sonya

• boballi
    17 years ago

My seeds arrived today! What a perfect birthday gift.

Thank you Abbey for hosting this wonderful swap!

Thank you fellow gardeners for the spectacular seeds! (I had many of my wishes filled.)

Julie mn: I sent you an email.

Thanks Again!
    boballi : )

• stacy2564
    17 years ago

Got my seeds today. Thank you, Thank you. They are wonderful!!

• albertar
    17 years ago

thanks for the reply Abbey, no no seeds yet today, perhaps on Monday, :)
    Alberta

• strmywthr3
    17 years ago

abbey, my seeds arrived yesterday! what a great selection! special thanks to those who sent seeds specially for me!!

Barbi

• romando
    17 years ago

I got my seeds on Saturday! Thank you so much for putting this together.

Amanda 'romando'

• albertar
    17 years ago

Abbey
    Just a note to let you know my seeds arrived today, thanks for the good work.
    Alberta

• ramazz
    17 years ago

Abbey:

I received my seeds today, too. You did a marvelous job selecting these for me. I just spent the last hour looking up the ones I wasn't familiar with so I could put the info in my database. I can't imagine how many hours you must have spent doing this. Thanks very much! You should take a much-deserved rest!

Becky
    ramazz

• amyinms
    17 years ago

Abbey

Thank you for all the wonderful seeds you sent me! I really appreciate all the work you put in to this swap. I love what you sent me and I am looking forward to seeing it grow!
    Great Job!
    Amy in MS

• dparker_la
    17 years ago

Abbey,
    Thanks for another great RR. Love all the wonderful seeds you sent. Looking forward to your next one.

• fliptx
    17 years ago

I got my seeds today! Thanks so much. There's a lot I can use!

• chelty2
    17 years ago

I'm on pins and needles!!! Hope mine arrive today!!

• chelty2
    17 years ago

YES!!! They arrived today. Thanks so much, Abbey, and all who so generously contributed. You are the greatest!!

Chelty2

• firegurl
    17 years ago

Thank you Abbey and everyone for the great seeds
    ;) Danielle
    Firegurl

• ganesh108
    17 years ago

Thank you Abbey my seeds finally arrived! You have done an excellent job with the selection of seeds. There is lot I could use. Thanks for a great RR.

Sonya