Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mareas_gw

UPDATE: 10,500 Traveling Daylilies

mareas
16 years ago

{{gwi:1245789}}

We are sending Valentine's this month and sending our Anita loads of positive thoughts and prayers so that her medical procedure goes smoothly, painlessly & successfully.

We are an interesting collection of gardeners who when at all possible trade daylilies & the way into our group is to have traded with one or more of us and then they will be able to recommend you as a new member. This thread is for our discussions, we have a separate thread here in the Round Robin to post our photos.

If you haven't done so, check out the 10,400 thread for news from Anita, Barb, Debbie, Canna, Cody and more & to meet Sassy & Mirium, our newest members, and then post here to continue.

Ant to enable everyone, including a quick link to the

Here is a link that might be useful: Lily Auction

Comments (109)

• mareas
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Debbie, sorry to say no bulbs for me this year - I'm at a "space is critical" stage, even selling quite a few of the daylilies to make room for this year's seedlings, a few more Hostas & Heucheras & one more fig that I am getting in a couple weeks. (My "fig to be", Anita *grin*)

I DO want to trade hostas and shade plants, tho. So far you, me & Mary have expressed interest in doing that...

Cindy, thank you for the two new mouth-watering daylily photos - your passion always shows in how gorgeous those flowers are in your beautiful portraits & I end up wanting every one! In my opinion, having plants like 'Vertical Horizon' is MUCH better than having sense.

Bulbs... My first daffodils, Jet Fire, are in bloom!!
    Wishing you all Spring flowers soon, too, marea

• livelyhope
    16 years ago

Hi - Dear sweet Anita - thanks for publishing my VC -email.
    That made me smile.
    Keep laughing Anita - you will be well soon.

I came down w/ a virus and it has put me down for several days - I am sure it came from my great grand daughter who had strep(sp?) throat. My immune system is not good due to my lung disease.

I have read many of the posts and enjoyed them. Don't we have fun!!!!!

Is everybody happy!!!!!!!!! Stay happy - laughter does good like a medicine. (So says our most High and Mighty God.)
    One can not stay sick and laugh.

Miriam/livelyhope

• dirtpig
    16 years ago

Just stoppin in to say HELLO :)

Still waiting for the snow to melt :( so tired of winter.
    Daylily seedlings are growing nicely thou.

Hosta swap..count me in!!
    Can't wait to see all the new ones I put in last year.

Hugs all,be well and think spring.

Dirtpig/Jean

• livelyhope
    16 years ago

Hi dirtypig/Jean. Glad to see someone else in this daylily garden.
    Where is everyone????? I am lonesome. Check in please and say something funny.

I know those 2 beautiful spring days caused the scattering and flight from this sight. (poetry - maybe ?).

My crocus,daffs, dutch iris, Siberian Iris, and day lilies are poking thru the ground.
    I planted some day lily seeds that I crossed. And also some
    hibiscus seed crossed from Lemon Slice X Lord Baltimore. I have a little green house. Does anyone want any of these seedlings if they germinate?

It is raining outside so I am inside. I am staring at 4 walls & wishing for the sunshine.

Need some company. Come back lily daylily people.

Here your hugs.XO Xo Xo (+ 25 more).

Miriam/livelyhope

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry for the long absence.....i've been very sick & still am. I had a bad case of the flu and lost my voice on the 2nd week. It's just starting to come back after 2 weeks but I still have a sore throat. The baby & DH both got a mild case. Thank goodness it wasn't worse for them. I was so worried about Talon.

When it rains, it pours. At least at my house. My garage is flooding (we live on a hill????) and it's full of many packed boxes full of stuff to be moved to the new house. I am just so bummed out. It's going to take forever to clean up. I have no idea what may be ruined. : (

Anita....dear Anita. I am so sorry for not seeing your post sooner. I am so sad to hear about your diagnosis. I am praying that everything will be okay. You are such a strong woman I just know that you will beat it. Lots of love and hugs to you. I am here for you!

New ladies!! Miriam & Melinda, right? Hello and WELCOME to our fine group of guys & gals! I'm looking forward to getting to know you both and hopefully we'll get a chance to trade some fun stuff!

Carol, your GD looks great! I loved seeing her belly. How is she doing?

I'm so sorry that I don't have anymore time today but a huge clean up project awaits me. I just wanted to check in quickly and say HELLO to everyone and let you know that i've been thinking about all of you.

HUGS!
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

PS: Talon is now crawling!! 20lbs. & 28 1/2 "

PSS: Think Spring!

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    Quick check in as I know I wont have time in the AM, Dawn, so sorry you have been sick, glad you checked in with us, doing the best I can & can't wait till morning to get it over with, have not slept ate or felt good in a few days, not going to say anything to the doc for fear of him postponing again on me, haveing a bad ice storm right now, hope they get the roads cleaned ASAP, going back to lay down, have a great night all..Anita

• marybz5ny
    16 years ago

Good Morning All,
    Anita, was thinking about you this a.m. and hoping that the weather is good enough over your way to make it for your procedure this morning. We ended up with enough sleet and ice last night to put about 1/4" on the cars, but so far no tree damage that I know of. Now, this morning we're getting snow on top of that. It was supposed to be worse freezing rain more east of us, so we are lucky so far I guess. Kids were very disappointed to find they still had school this morning.

Please check in later Anita if you're feeling up to it.

Dawn, glad to see your back feeling well again. We've missed you. So sorry about your flooded garage. That happened to me twice in the basement of my old house. No fun cleaning up water damage. I can't believe Talon is crawling already. Look out, once they start crawling, they start cruising the furniture and once they do that, they're walking before you know it. From then on, it's a constant struggle to keep up with them. Give him smooches from us.

Oh Cindy, what an ordeal at your house with the trucks. You must have felt like crying when you saw that UPS truck heading up the driveway.

A day off for me and I have a ton of errands to do today, but the weather is so crappy I think I am going to stay in my jammies today and get some daylily seeds planted. I am so behind on that this year. I still have some amaryllis bulbs to get potted up also. It's the perfect puttering around day.

We had a 65 degree day on Monday. Most of the snow melted off the gardens so I could walk around a bit and see what was coming up. Had a few daffs and hyacinths pushing through the ground and my snowdrops are blooming. Too bad everything is covered in snow again. Oh well, spring is in sight anyway.

Hello Lonely Miriam. Hugs back to you. XOXOXO

Debbie, think I'm going to have to pass on the bulb swap also for now. I have so many bulbs coming from the co-op that I don't know where I'm going to put at this point. But, I will be in on your and Marea's shade swap if it's later on, like mid to end of April probably, unless we get an early spring warm up this year.

Better get started on something productive today. Stay warm everyone.
    MaryB

• mary_s
    16 years ago

Good morning all you TDs!
    We had a late start this AM so I am still at home! I hope they do not cancel school today as we have already missed too many days! When will this winter end? I am so ready for spring!

Marea, yes do count me in for the hosta/shady plant swap! And if you want to throw the bulbs in there, I am up for anything!!! I have not seen any bulbs in the stores here yet. I guess they figure that is crazy with 2' of snow everywhere! No Walmart in town though!

Dear Anita, I do hope you are able to get things taken care of today! I am sorry you are not feeling well! I hope its just "nerves" and you will feel better when this 'procedure' is all over! You are a strong woman and can beat this thing! Hugs and positive thoughts going your way!

Dawn, so sorry you have not been well....that is hard when you have a little one! And then to have all the water/flooding mess to clean up.

Carol, you must be pretty excited about the GD! We want pictures when the baby comes!!!

I have "zone envy" hearing of dafs, tulips,and crocus blooming and then hosta and daylily eyes...that is about enough to send me over the edge, LOL! Hurry Spring!

I have to stay away from the daylily, heuchera and hosta web sites or I will be in the poor house!!! It could mean mac and cheese or hamburger helper alot,LOL! It is hard to resist ordering this time of year! HELP!

See ya later! MaryS

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Dawn-So good to see your post, sorry you got the terrible flu bug. The flu has worked havoc this Winter. I talked to a gentlemen yesterday and he told me he was the only one in their whole office who did not have the flu and that he was trying to hold down the fort for the Company. Can't believe little Talon is crawling. He will be picking your flowers before long.

Anita-Hugs and prayers for you today....Waiting on pins and needles to hear how it all goes.....I know it's going to be good news.

MaryB-I had forgotten that awful ordeal on the co-op we were involved in last year. That was not a good experience.

I've seen lots of signs of Spring here. Daffodils are blooming and daylilies are up and growing. I am so ready for Spring....As Dawson says I can't like Winter. He is so sweet I kiss and hug all the time. Instead of saying he don't like something he says he can't like it.

Shirley

• mareas
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dawnie and Shirley and always Anita & Nancy & G. & Barb and, well, you know who you are - I pray every day for your health and happiness. And your flowers.
    So happy you got daffodils too Shirley! Spring is coming to us all in increments- hold on you snowbirds.
    I started a partnership with the Jefferson Nursery nursery today, we are both hoping we will get rich together LOL
    Check out their website:

Here is a link that might be useful: Jefferson Nursery

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Marea-You are so very special and we should tell this one to another while we can. A partnership? How very exciting, their website looks great. I hope you all get rich also. Please keep us posted as to how it goes.

Marea please count me in on the hosta/shade swap.

Anita-Thinking of you today...

Shirley

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    Sorry I did not post yesterday, I couldn't, Bad ice storm lost the electric, got it back on about 10 last night, Long story short, I had my surgery yesterday morning, I won't even get in to how much fun it was to have DH go after gas for the generator & water so I could do a sponge bath at 6 am yesterday morning!! I'm home I'm fine I just wish they would get the football team out of my crotch!! Pain Nope no pain, its kinda like having a tooth pulled & the nerve endings trying to figure out what's going on.
    Have a great day all...:)Anita

• livelyhope
    16 years ago

Hi Anita - Thanks for the update. I was hoping to hear something tonight. So happy to see that you have an upbeat attitude. Go Anita!!!!! You go girl!!!!!!

Take care dear girl.

Miriam/livelyhope

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Anita, so glad you let us know, been worrying so much.

Hugs girl, take care & rest.
    Hope everyone else is good. Little Kenzie has the flu and I think MeMa is getting it too:(

Sassy

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Anita-Thanks for the update...Sorry about the discomfort. OUCH Take care of yourself. BIG HUGS FOR YOU

Sassy-Sorry to hear Little Kenzie has the flu and you too. That flu bug has got to die. It was in the 70's here today so it just might real soon. DD took little Dawson to the Dr. he was running a fever. They did a flu test and said nope he don't have it. Sure was glad of that.

Shirley

• mareas
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hope all of you & your loved ones are getting better quick!

Shirley, thank you, dear. You are special, too! My 'Jesus Arose' has sprouted another fan
    and I immediately thought: oh good, one for Shirley! *grin*

Barb - please tell me the name of the heuchera you sent me?? 'Souix Falls'?

Wildly happy announcement: I have my first daylily scape of the year!
    'Ruffles Elegante' has a fat scape covered with buds already!?!
    Other big news here is that I was gifted with an autographed copy of Curt Hanson's 2008 catalog!
    I cannot express my delight well enough & I can't find a place safe enough for it.. LOL

I almost have a boxful of shade plants picked out for you, Debbie...
    Marea

Here is a link that might be useful: 2008 Crintonic Gardens catalog

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Thanks Shirley, and I'm so glad little Dawson didn't have it. Its really been terrible everywhere. I don't feel my best but I don't think I have the flu, I think I just have old age! lol

Marea, thats wonderful about the extra fan and your new scapes! Can't wait to see pics.

Have a good one girls
    Sassy

• namso
    16 years ago

BLIZZARD IN OHIO -its been snowing 24 hours and blizzard since early today- they say 15 inches but its knee deep out there. driving conditions are impassable, you cant even see a road. for many hours today you couln't see 5 feet in front of you. !!wild!! oddly beautiful. a once every 30 yr storm....
    ...check in Ohio people. hope everyone has their power.

needless to say there is nothing in bloom here. could someone (SHIRLEYMAREA - A SCAPE!!!!! om my im green with jealousy. btw congrats on your new connection with Jefferson Nursery! how exciting for you. i think they need a daylily page.*grin*.

Anita, so glad that surgery is over. hope you are feeling better by now? do keep us updated.

*Wow* sure hope all the flu people get better soon.

Dawn, oh no, really hope you didnt get too much damage from the flooding. Hard to believe Talons crawling!

Miriam, where from in OH? belong to any local clubs?? im just n of columbus in sunbury.

Jean & MaryS - HELLO!, sure hope this storm didnt come your way.

Carol - any word on you great grandbaby??

Debbie, you've been a little quiet youself. glad to see you posting. do have to sit out on bulbs. planted a millon last fall (all Maryb's fault :)) and cant remember where they are to see what places i missed.

Hostas - oh you guys are killing me here. but need to sit out until i can figure out if theres a tiny bit of shaded space here left.

Sassy - funny! going to use that expression lol.

Cindy

• bourret
    16 years ago

Hi Angels,

Anita wants me to tell everyone that she lost her electricity. She doesn't know when it will be back on. It's 3am right now and I'm on the phone with her.

Lisa

• cheerpeople
    16 years ago

Good morning-
    Set your clocks if you forgot last night!
    We have purchased a few digital clocks from Walmart that set themselves. The have a 'connection' with a world clock and just plug them in! I was wondering if they would reset themselves last night- and they did!

Marea- you have a 'connection' with a DL nursery?!!!!!! How cool. Three cheers!! HIP HIP HORRAY... HIP HIP HORRAY... HIP HIP HORRAY! my fingers are exhausted!

Anita and Dawn, This week you are gonna feel a lot better! I hope!

The cat just joined me and is cuddling with my typing fingers- this just got impossible-

I NEED PERILLA SEED. THE PURPLE KIND. I thought I'd find it on a seed rack but No........ Anyone have some to spare?

A patch of ice melted off my garden- I can see about 10 x 10' of it. Anita, you var. obiedent plant is making leaves under the ice! Some sedum have a 'barely there' sprout. I'm looking really close for any signs this winter will end.

Huggeroos! Ok now don't forget about my perilla situation,

Karen/cheerpeople

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Good morning to you all also! I wish I could bring all you Ohio people to my house and keep warm! But it is cold out, but no snow. Just a tad last week and was kinda cool, none on the roads but the hellebores, daffs, and iris reticulata looked like they all had a dusting of powdered sugar! Pretty cool!
    Karen, I have lots of perilla seeds if you need some! Just send me your addy and I'll get them out!
    Anita, still keeping you in my prayers and your family! It will get better eventually!
    Just a few more weeks everyone and maybe spring will have finally sprung!! Melinda

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

GOOD Morning to all the TD!

I'm back home.....sorry for not checking in earlier....
    Been trying to play catch up and read all the post...

I want to give a BIG WELCOME to all the NEW members!

Anita ~ Thinking positive thoughts for you and thank you sooo much for my christmas card while I was away! You are ONE OF A KIND!

I don't want to write a book here so I will say:
    MISSED YOU ALL!

JAYE

• livelyhope
    16 years ago

Hi Cindy: I am just south of you in Grove City. Yes, there is a local group in Hilliard. I wanted to go last year, but ended up in the hospital 3 times. This has not been a good year for me as far as illness goes, but wonderful year as far as friends and family goes, and the things that I have learmed from it.

OK PERILLA seeds found, I'll have to google them and find out if you look at them or eat them.

Off to Wallmart for a digital clock - thanks for the info.

What would we do without this group.

OK - looked up perilla seeds, you look, eat, and smell them.
    That's one big miracle plant. Looks like a coleus

Miriam/livelyhope

• cheerpeople
    16 years ago

Smurk.
    Jaye- I feel warm fuzzies coming off your think spring picture!

Marea, thx for showing us your blooms on the other thread! Lovely!

Thx Melinda for your kind offer of Perilla. I had a few years back, then I went with black pearl ornamental pepper. But black pearl is just too leggy most of the season, back to the perilla- yes i think it looks like coleus too. Never ate it- other than to taste it and wonder why anyone would eat it!

Broke the dirt devil vacuum and am I glad. This Eureka altima really SUCKS. I can't believe how much stuff was in my carpet. Gross! Bright yellow seems like a good color for a vaccuum- busy bee!

Just out in DVD 'the end of the spear' True story with depth and a christian message on forgiveness. Didn't mind the native g-strings on the tanned and toned tribal men either!

My son waited til today for christmas. His game was just release supersmash bros brawl for wii. He's very patient!

Garden show in Moline this weekend if anyone want to road trip...
    Karen

Here is a link that might be useful:

• namso
    16 years ago

Anita, hope your power is back!? Lisa, thx for us know.

Karen, that bloom is really neat.going to have to look up perilla as well:).

Annuals, does anyone have a suggestion for a drought resistant short something(s) FULL SUN that bloom and bloom with no care? the only thing ive found here is the wave petunias. i do put the slow realease fertilizer on those but thats about it care wise. would like to expand if there exists such a thing. oh- and they must be common enough to get at a decent nursury.

Marian, providing link to the Metropolitan Columbus Daylily Society below. held at the frankin park conservatory. lmk if your interested in further details. next meeting is May, i think the 4th? will have speaker and an auction. hope this is a much better health year. Sherri will likely be there too, at least i hope so.

Daylilies - is anyone here an AHS display garden? i have some questions if you would like to email me, it would be appreciated.

Shirley, yes it looks like that. dog is having a heck of a time even moving now, its turned icy. will melt off quick,,,,but in typical oh stuff, 50 degees tommarrow. likely flooding. time for your pics too. :). i was messing around with some collage things this weekend, but i don't know if it will collapse the post....

Wheres Barb? Barb would be able to describe the beauty of this storm much better than I.

Cindy

Here is a link that might be useful: MCDS

• livelyhope
    16 years ago

Thanks Cindy - I am on oxygen 24/7 so I would have to be doing especially well as the oxygen tank only last 4 to 6 hrs. According to how much I need. I am on liquid oxygen, but I am going to see if they can bring me another tank so I can stay out longer.

I have started many flower seeds. Also some tomato seeds. They are doing great. I have a mini greenhouse on my deck. My husband made it from PVC pipe and plastic. I love it.

Any one heard any more about the shade plant roundrobin?

Hugs everyone - I see that is what is done here so I want to hand out some hugs, so that I get plenty in return.

Miriam/livelyhope

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Cindy-I have three of the daylilies on the MCDS site. Our sweet Sharon gave me Purple People Eater last year and I love it. Sweet Debbie gave me Tar & Feather and I have the Ruby Spider. Actually those 3 are my favorite on the page. I plan to post some Spring pictures.

Off to re-hang my clothes in the closet. It fell and Dh had to re-inforce it. He thinks I have too many clothes. I really should have gotten a wooden closet organizer but I got the plastic years ago and its not held up to good.

Miriam-You are truly a real trooper...an oxygen tank and you don't let it stop you from doing what you love. Starting flower seeds, your mini greenhouse. I'm so glad you can do these things. Our angel Barb doesn't let anything stop her either. She's really something and I admire you both.

Shirley

• livelyhope
    16 years ago

Thanks Shirley. My sister also had lung problems, she had her husband build a basket type sort of thing for her oxygen tank, on his motor cycle and off she went with him. Yea, been thinking about that too.

I am so thankful to have such a wonderful husband. He does what he can to make things easier for me.

Love you all,

Miriam/livelyhope

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Karen-What a gorgeous bloom...Is that a voodoo lily? I want one so bad.....If you ever get an extra baby I will trade you for it. Do you leave yours in the house?

Marea-I planted my daylily seeds Jesus arose X
    but they didn't sprout. Can't wait to get my fan of Jesus arose....Yeah Will trade you a daylily of your choice for it or whatever you find you like on my page. You are really getting into some exciting things in your life...I'm so happy for you.

Shirley

• mareas
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh my, checkout the photo thread for the sweetest 5 day old baby smile!! Congratulations on your great grand daughter, Carol! Devira is a beautiful name to match her beauty, too!

Aww, Shirley, so sad your seeds haven't germinated - maybe they will just take longer? Mine from that cross did fine sprouting in their moist vermiculite in baggies. Too early here yet to repot things I think - Cindy got me scared of dividing too early, she said if she does that they don't bloom at all that year. Another 3 weeks the way things are progressing, I'd imagine. Thanks for your good thoughts, my friend. *grin*

Karen, I forgot to marvel & congratulate you at your HUGE maroon purple beauty enough! I didn't know they got that BIG. Did you say that it doesn't stink now?

Sassy, so sorry you are stuck on oxygen - but so happy you have loving help and such a GREAT attitude! I've got asthma & emphysema & bad allergies, so I can relate to breathing problems. I see you just joined the yahoo coop group, too. I joined yesterday and already blew a bunch of my eBay money on new heucheras lol! They do so well in pots & come in such eye candy colors that I just couldn't help myself..

I still haven't come up with a fancy idea for the shade swap ~ any ideas anyone?
    Marea

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Carol is back, Sassy, I leave you for one week and your on oxygen. whats up with that ? Devera was born at 1 pm march fourth 7lb 8 oz, she came into this world with her right arm extended over her head in what the dr called a superman. check out pics on pic thread. I couldn't put her down. I also was taken out to steak dinner by pixiluvsdirt a gw member, she brought me cuttings and seeds also, so it was an excellent trip. glad to be back spring is coming here. hugs carol

• namso
    16 years ago

Snow is mostly melted here and little green sprouts are popping up!! daffs, a few tulips, the dutch iris, and even saw a few peonies even poking little heads out!! i'm so ready for spring! i don't track names on such things and cant really even remember what i planted, so it will be of great surprise to me as these bad boys come out. :) right nw they are just glorious little green things.

Shirley, still waiting on the pics....big grin. forsythia!. MY DH bought me some of those when we first married 15 or so years ago, he reffered to them as "for Cynthia". too bad his dog Duke really thought they were a relief station. i traded for a couple of those last year so should have some again sooner or later. only a girl dog now.

Marea, i would take anything i say with a grain of salt in your zone. my season is a good 3 months less than yours, maybe more. and i provide basically no care like supplemental water to help them recover. plants here multipy & recover much slower and darn it i want flowers! :)

Carol - love the superman quote lol.

Karen - thanks. :)

Miriam, ditto Shirley and big hugs. well we would love to have you if you feel up to it. the tank would make it easier to find you anyway..:) .it is a big club. meetings go once every two months or so, so keep an eye out. :). a mini greenhouse - lucky you!

anyone have a good idea for a game? i can provide a mystery daylily prize. i always get a bonus or two i already have....or an extra fan of incoming. i can only think of stupid stuff...

Cindy

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

I hope everyone can forgive me.....didn't mean to stay away so long. This originally was an e-mail reply to Marea, but I'm going to cut and paste it to the group. So you can all give me he!! for being gone so long.

Marea

I JUST found your e-mail. Sorry, Sorry, SORRY!!! I have been totally inundated with hundreds of e-mails a day from the BnP Co-op. Everything is flying a mile a minute there since January getting ready for spring shipping. I know I've been MIA from the group for a long time, but I haven't forgotten you guys. Almost every day I say to myself I need to check in and see what's happening.
    I have no excuse.....all I can do is explain and hope you'll understand.
    We have 4 acres and when we moved onto this property 8 years ago there was absolutely nothing here. An old building and a couple of big trees up by the road and the rest had been bulldozed clear before we bought it. I had 2 bad knees and never thought I would ever have the garden I wanted. It took 6 years for me to get my little patch of daylilies going. .......... Then I had both knees replaced; one last spring, the other the year before. And now I've found the Co-Op........ My dream garden is now a possibility! Not only am I physically able, but because of the co-op financially as well. I have an order of 75 roses and weigela coming. Just to give you an idea of how 'over the top' I've gone. LOL
    But, I'm in heaven .....planning .....rototilling ....ordering ....planning ....getting beds ready ....ordering ....planning ....well you get the idea. I haven't been doing anything else. This spring has been pretty mild here so I've been outside or on the Co-Op. What can I say....It's like I've been possessed by Mother Nature. LOL
    Roses, Weigela, Hydrangea, Hibiscus, Lilies, Echinachea, Hosta, Heuchera, Oh My!!!! My head is swimming. I feel like a drug addict just coming down from a 'high'. It's beginning to hit home.....I've got to plant all this stuff. Ooooohhh, but it's gonna be so much fun!
    I am gonna have to take lots of pictures for you guys.

I promise not to be gone 3 months at a time again. :)
    A full blown gardening addict,
    Roxanne

• mareas
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL! Dear Roxanne, of COURSE you are forgiven. I joined in on that Co-op, too, and couldn't help but see you were alive & well and out of control with buying plants! *grin* (You made me feel positively restrained just buying 16 Heucheras...) ~m'

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Marea - I don't remember seeing you over there! I would say you are very, very restrained if you only bought 16 heuchera. Shade is something I have very little of. And after the severe drought we had last year I'm trying to buy only drought tolerant plants so I can save my well water for my daylilies. :)
    Rox

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING!

JAYE

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Oh Jaye that's beautiful....I love Spring time.

Shirley

• dirtpig
    16 years ago

Happy Spring everyone!!!

Jaye thats SO PRETTY :)

Dirtpig/Jean

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

Happy Spring!!

I am so glad it is finally here. If only our weather was spring-like....it's still like winter time. Although I did have 4 crocus blooms yesterday. : )

The co-op Roxanne is talking about is the same one i'm always mentioning. Lots of great deals over there and an amazing plant selection. I just received my tree peonies......they are so NICE!

Thanks for the sparkly blooms Jaye!

I am finally better......was sick with the flu for over a month! I'm still coughing a little though.

Marea....that's all you bought???? ; )

It's getting to be time to start digging and moving plants to the new place. I'm going to start with trees. I'll have to do it in the evening with a helper while DH watches the babe.
    As far as perennials go, i'll have lots to trade. : )

I better get back to work while the baby is napping.

Have a great day everyone!
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• sassyd
    16 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARYB!!!

Hope you're having a great day!

Dawn, glad you're feeling better. Give that sweet little Talon hugs and kisses for us!

Sassy

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

We Love you MaryB HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Shirley

• juspeachy
    16 years ago

WOW,
    I only skimmed through all the posts.
    Boy, you all have been "BUSY" with a capital "B".

I just stopped by to wish everyone a very HAPPY EASTER!!!!

Jaye,
    So good to see you here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MaryB,
    Warm fuzzy hugs.

Marea,
    warm hugs to you girl. (in spite of the lily auction link)

Dawn,
    So glad you are better, and your DH and sweet little(big?) Talon.

Shirley,
    Hope you too are all better. But no more tripping over the dog.(smiles)

Dianne,
    What happened to your kitchen???

Anita,
    I am very sorry to hear about your cancer. Hope everything goes well for you.

A great big "WELCOME" to our newest members. Warm fuzzy daylily hugs to you.

Well I think I finally have my life back to something that resembles normal. (grins)
    So, I hope to actually be able to get on here and "talk" to you all.

See you all soon,
    hugs to all,
    Jo

• namso
    16 years ago

A VERY HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MARYB! hope you had a great one.

Wanted to pop in and wish everyone a very Happy Easter.

Shirley, thanks for the many great spring pics. lovely!!

Jo, very nice to see you post. hope life is settling down for you.

cindy

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    Guick check in, then off to B-day shop for DH;)
    {{gwi:2103429}}

{{gwi:1253021}}

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Happy Easter Everyone!

Hubby got out the snow blower yesterday and dug us out of our 10 inches of snow. Thankfully I didn't have to go to work. I have a vacation day Friday and Monday! Hurray.

Happy belated birthday Mary!

I got an early Easter present yesterday, Callas from a co-op. All smiles here,
    sharon

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

Happy Easter everyone! Hope you are having a fun filled day.

And a belated Happy Birthday to MaryB! Sorry I missed you yesterday......we had Easter guests and I had my hands full with two babies crawling around. : ) Hope you had lots of cake!

So glad to see you back to posting Jo! I replied to your email but it was returned. Did you get it?

Have a fun filled Easter!
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Just wanted to say hello to all of you ladies and gents (if there are any!). Happy EAster to all of you also!
    Hope it was a great day for everyone! Melinda

• User
    16 years ago

How wonderful to have you back, Jo! I've missed you. Glad to hear things are settling down a bit for you.

Our kitchen flooded before Christmas and we've been going back and forth with the insurance company since. All has been settled and our new cabinets should arrive within 2 weeks. I've gained over 15 lbs eating out every meal!

DH stuck his hand in the snowblower (don't ask) and amputated the end of a finger. At the time he was recovering from a cardiac ablation and supposed to be 'taking it easy.' I swear I'm going to have to hire someone to watch him during the day.

Grandkids get cuter and smarter daily. Gardens are still mostly under cold, wet ground. Daffodils are about 3" high. Soon enough I'll be out there with a rake and Hefty bags.

Hope everyone else is doing well, had a lovely Easter and are gearing up for gardening weather.

Dianne

• juspeachy
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, I just set a personal record, I have managed to get here to the forum 2 times in 3 days, wow!!! (grins)

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter that was filled with love, laughter, family and friends.

Karen,
    I meant to say how sorry I was to hear about both your kids and your medicine ball.(and you with the horse) And to apologise for laughing so hard when I read it. I know it isn't funny, but I just couldn't help myself, you made it sound hysterically funny the way you wrote it. Guess I have a warped sense of humor. But, I am very glad all of you are ok now. hugs.

Dawn,
    No, I never got it. Did you get my change of e-mail? Debbie has the new one in the latest member list. hugs

Dianne,
    I am so sorry to hear that. But, on the bright side, now you will have a lovely new kitchen. So, keep your chin up and focus on that. Wish we lived closer, I have gained lots of weight since my mom passed, and I have decided this is the year I am going to lose it again.If we lived closer, we could walk together.
    Also sorry to hear about your DH. Your hubby and mine must be related. Gene got his finger with the table saw late last summer. Doc said he exploded the bone in the tip of his finger (index, left hand)And, yes you might have to hire someone to watch him. I have often felt that way myself. They somehow manage to get into all kinds of trouble when we aren't around. What is that all about anyways? We have so got to get together this summer. I know we talked about it before, then my life went off to Jupiter. But, we are back on earth now, so we really need to make plans to meet. Maybe we could meet halfway, and go to lunch, or plan a picnic or something. (and maybe a small sidetrip to a nursery, grins)

We had a great Easter. DD and I worked on Alex new bedroom. Cleaned it out, painted all the walls. She will finish up the trim today. Then we will be putting the furniture in. We are making the bed, it will be built in, with "walls", so it will kinda look like you are going in a door to get into it. Drawers underneath for storage. A small desk with lots of shelves on both sides and recessed lights over it for when he is older, so he can draw, paint, do homework. Also, a built in closet. Right now it will be decorated with Scooby Doo, cause he really loves him, but we have been buying "sports" themed things for later on. We were lucky and found a super cute ceiling light with sports balls around the outside of the glass, too cute.

All of our other grandchildren will be over tonight for dinner and to get their Easter baskets. We make all the childrens baskets out of new large bath towels wrapped around a large strip of cardboard, then we fill them with goodies. It is a great alternative to baskets, cause they always wanted to take them home and never remembered to bring them back, so they were really piling up. And, the towels are way more useful. We just make sure to buy them in each kids favorite color, and...

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

It makes me smile and feel all warm inside to see so many posting again.

Jo-I have missed you terribly and love seeing your posts again.

Dianne-Yes that new kitchen will be worth the inconvenience when it is done. Post pictures when it's finished.

Melinda-Easter was wonderful here...family had dinner at my niece's house and the kids hid their eggs. She rents a home that is up for sale at 2 1/2 million dollars. DH told me if he wins the lottery he will buy it for me. I WISH.........You can ride four wheelers for hours it has so much property....The barn is bigger than my house and is super nice and the house is gorgeous and huge. The only thing is I would need a maid to help clean it.

Sharon-I got my callas also and boy were they nice. I also received my tall phlox order. Bless your heart with all that snow. You can come and visit with me if you like.

Anita-So good to see your post....hope your health is good and stays that way.

Which makes me wonder about Gloria and our trip to Pigeon Forge Tenn. Is it still on or has any one heard?

Shirley