Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaleeisa

Hazelnutbunny Update!

jaleeisa
15 years ago

I just got off the phone with Melissa. They are still without electricity and she said the electric company says it's still going to be at least another 1-2 weeks. They have lots of large trees/ branches down in the yard and it's not really safe for the kids to even play outside. Her DH is working and then coming home and trying to clean up and clear and they've still not seen or heard from FEMA yet. They did finally, just a few days ago, found a car charger for her cell phone :) but she can only charge it when her husband is home. They do have the wood burning stove, but it's difficult to cook on.

She says the stores are sold out of all emergency supplies, so I got a list of things she could think of off the top of her head ( and I added a few from what I can remember needing after the Christmas Day Ice Storm) to see if we could help her out. If you mail something to her, please do it with delivery confirmation and track it and when it should be there for her, email me and I'll call her to let her know they need to have her husband stop by the PO on his way home. And if anyone can think of anything else to include that would make them more comfortable, add it in :)

They could use the following if someone has it to spare:

Candles They don't have oil lamps, so we might concentrate on the candles.

AA batteries for flashlights

extra flashlights- they only have 2

coloring books/books/colors to help occupy the children :)

handheld battery powered games (I'm sure used would work!)

board games (I'm sure used would work!)

battery powered radio- they don't have one, not even in their car (I'm sure used would work!)

easy to heat canned food/canned meat/canned fruit/powdered milk

sterno for cooking/heating/light

mittens for the new baby

Instant coffee

Tea bags

I'm going to get Cliff to take me to the store to see what I can pick up to send to her.

Melissa asked that we keep them in our prayers :)

Kathy

Comments (141)

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hello All! Sorry I have had no updates from my son! It was meant to be a good thing from me to Melissa and her family. I had her home addy and gave him the # but he wanted to call and be sure it was ok. Well, she kinda wasn't sure about the idea and wanted to ask her husband. I can understand that! So he told her to call him back. I had given him a list of things to take-diapers, baby wipes, instant oatmeal, books and games, color books, ramen noodles, bottled water, bottled juices, etc. He was also going to take his saw and cut up a bunch of the downed limbs, etc. so the kids could have a small area to play in and be outside some. I had also called her and told her to call my son so he could get direct directions incase the # of her house wasn't visible. After she talked to him and said she would ask her husband, she never called back. I feel really bad as I was hoping it would help her out before the rest got there, as he is only a couple miles from her road. So, I had a few things here and I was just wanting him to get them to them before others got the help there as he is so close. But I was just trying to help, as that is what people do. I was only without a week here and it was rough! I did have lots of cast iron to cook in the fireplace with & helped out many neighbors by having beans, potato soup, etc. on and sharing as needed.
    My son has also been doing his job and every day since the ice storm has been going and helping other people chop up the logs and clean the brush. He spent about 6 hrs. doing it for the church yard by his place and he doesn't even go to church there! I was raised to help people out and I raised my children that way.
    I just felt really sad that it worked out the way it did. I only wanted to help and it didn't come out that way. My son said he would be more than happy to go, but not until she calls and says it is ok. Guess, I should have sent him looking without asking!
    It is a wonderful group of people here and you should all be congratulated on an effort to help others!!
    Melinda

• graanieb
    15 years ago

I know you and your son should be commended for the care and help, it buffles me, did Melissa know your name when your son called her? Apple doesn't fall far from a tree.
    Send your son here, we welcome him any time with a saw or anything else, still damaged trees from Katrina and freeze, been working out there, nice weather lately, hope Melissa and all have a warmer spell too and their power is back?
    Kidding about your son of course, just that I'd love to have a man around the house at times, what a great son you've raised. We love you Fran, we saw how you were helpful after Katrina to my friend's grandchildren- we stayed by them for 16 days and it helped pass the time easier to be occupied with kids...and seeds too.
    Best to your son, you and yours.

Bea
    Remy, thank you for posting children's names and ages. Wow, 1 month old baby, hope she and all are well.

• graanieb
    15 years ago

Oops, it's liable to happen, when rushing thru, going back outside.
    It was Fran-Littleonefb I confused with Melinda- Ilovefarac...basically same message, except for Fran helping after Katrina, love you too Melinda.

GB

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Dan I know how you feel. I have never "met" any of you but I do consider you all friends also. It is great to have people that care about each other.

***One BIG cyber HUG comin your way.***

I can't wait until she starts getting all her goodies and realizes how much we all care about her.

Tammy

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

(chuckling) I would love to be Melissa's mailman this week, just to see her reaction as she gets all these boxes! I hope her carrier has tissues in his vehicle, there are going to be some tears of happiness this week, that's for sure!

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi everyone! Excellent news about boxes starting to arrive! I wish I could be there and see her face when they get there! LOL, and after Cliff picked up my two boxes, Dan, I don't think you'd really wanna be her mailman! Hehe!

Everyone has done a wonderful job of lending our Bunny a hand! And in helping to keep this organized. Melinda, I'm not sure what's up about your son going over there. I've not heard anything from Melissa since the other day when I answered everyone's questions. I'll try again this evening and tomorrow morning :)

By the way, I forgot to post my DC#'s. They are:
    0308 0070 0001 4812 0095
    0308 0070 0001 4812 0101

Both left Little Rock, AR yesterday, so she should be getting those tomorrow as well :)

Kathy

• brandymulvaine
    15 years ago

is it possible that her phone lost charge?

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Now, wouldn't that be just too cool if all four boxes arrive tomorrow? hehehe

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Melissa did text me last night, very briefly, asking me to thank Michelle and to let her know that everything is VERY much appreciated and that it was very sweet of her! I texted her back letting her know there was more coming and that I would thank Michelle for her and asking if she'd gotten back with Melinda's son. She didn't respond, so I'm guessing she'd turned the phone off or something. My phone was in the other room and turned off to charge when it came through, so I didn't get it for several hours after she'd sent it. I'll try texting her again later today and try to make sure she knows that the gentleman is Melinda's son.

It would be pretty cool if they were all delivered today!

Hehehe, wouldn't you just love to see their faces?

Kathy

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Thanks for letting us know! Yes, it would be way cool to be there and see her face (through all the tears, I'm sure)! A bunch will be there today!
    I can understand her not wanting to receive help from a stranger and my son is wonderful to help but can come across and a very severe sort of person! I hope that isn't the case as he isn't that way at all! Melinda

• drippy
    15 years ago

Melissa's hometown has a local Target - I opted for a gift card there; it will go in tomorrow's mail.

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL! You guys! I really wish everyone could have shared in the phone call I just had!!! Melissa was in tears! She said to let everyone know she REALLY, REALLY appreciates all of you and everything you're doing for her family. She is so worried about being able to express that adequately. She said to tell everyone she misses everyone so much!

Today's deliveries included Dan's (her son expected a purple monkey in a polka dot bikini for some reason :P) , Linda (lindaruzicka), Remy's, Carol's (veeja11) and mine! They were so excited and overwhelmed at the love and care everyone has been taking for them.

Melinda, she asked me to have you email me your son's phone number so I can text it to her this evening. She's misplaced it.

Gotta go figure out what I'm going to do about dinner tonight, Cliff and I were going to go buy groceries after we got the van back from having ANOTHER set of bakes put on... but they said the caliper needs to be replaced AGAIN. So, this is set of brake pads number 7 since we bought this brand new van in Jan of 2008. Uggg! Alright, I'm not gona rant, I swear. Good news is that the right pad was almost metal to metal again, left one still had 3/4 of the pad left. Dealership has declared it a mechanical defect- FINALLY!- and they are going to claim them under warranty. So, we'll have to pay only labor. Bad news... well, the caliper for it won't be in until tomorrow afternoon, so Cliff has to take not only today off to take care of this, but tomorrow and Wednesday as well. We should have our only vehicle back sometime Wednesday. Thankfully my son lives nearby and has no problem running us where we need to go or loaning his car if he has to work. He's such a good son! So, we scrapped Cliff's mini vacation next week and he'll just take these three days off this week.

Thank you all so much. Melissa is overwhelmed and everyone here has renewed my faith that there are wonderful people in this jaded world :)

Kathy

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Kathy, I emailed you. If you didn't get it please let me know!
    Sorry to hear about the vehicle troubles! They are always a pain in the---!
    Melinda

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

I am go glad they are arriving. I am sure it will help her alot. I think the oil and lamp should be there on Wednesday. Please let me know if she doesn't recieve it so I can check on it if not.

Thanks
    Tammy

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

OOOHh Just had another Idea.

If anyone else is sending boxes and wants to add oil for the lamp they may need more if they use it alot. I don't know what regulations are for shipping just oil. Dan could you let us know if that would be alright to ship?

I have one large bottle being shipped from mail order so am not sure if someone can ship it in a package?

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Here are my confirmation numbers for Melissa.

I sent
    pop tarts
    cheese sticks
    granola bars
    teddy bear cookies
    a hulk color book
    a luck clover grow kit
    pre-sweetened Kool aid
    baby wipes
    lysol wipes
    raisens
    applesauce
    valentine m & m s
    a deck of crazy 8 cards
    a planter decoration

Let me know when she gets them.
    Becky

• drippy
    15 years ago

If Melissa doesn't have an electric car, she'll be able to use some of the gift cards she will be receiving for stuff like lamp oil and sterno - P.O. generally doesn't like individuals shipping "hazardous" stuff, am I correct, Dan?

Kathy, too bad about the car - does your state have a "lemon law"? I would think that 7 sets of brake pads in a year might make you eligible. If you talk to Melissa, she really doesn't have to go cuckoo trying to figure out how to thank folks - I don't think any of us are too concerned about that, we just want her to be ok!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Melissa's been so kind and sweet to all of us, she deserves all this kindness in return! I'm sure she's overwhelmed w/ everything, hopefully the boxes will lift her spirits and give the kids something to keep them occupied! lol

Hugs,
    Wendy

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Okay, let's catch up on the delivery confirmation numbers, shall we? This is gonna be a fun post!

0308 2040 0001 8760 6041 was DELIVERED at 1:48 PM on February 7, 2009 in FAYETTEVILLE, AR 72704

0308 1400 0000 2932 3311 was delivered at 2:21 PM on February 9, 2009 in FAYETTEVILLE, AR 72704

0308 2040 0000 3376 3386 was delivered at 2:21 PM on February 9, 2009 in FAYETTEVILLE, AR 72704

0307 0020 0002 5209 2727 was delivered at 2:21 PM on February 9, 2009 in FAYETTEVILLE, AR 72704

0308 2690 0001 0004 1227 - No Information Yet
    0308 2690 0001 0004 1234 - No Information Yet

0308 2040 0000 5689 9260 was delivered at 2:21 PM on February 9, 2009 in FAYETTEVILLE, AR 72704

0308 2040 0000 8224 6007 was delivered at 2:21 PM on February 9, 2009 in FAYETTEVILLE, AR 72704

0308 0070 0001 4812 0095 was delivered at 2:21 PM on February 9, 2009 in FAYETTEVILLE, AR 72704

0308 0070 0001 4812 0101 was delivered at 2:21 PM on February 9, 2009 in FAYETTEVILLE, AR 72704

03073330000181342745 was accepted at 11:45 AM on February 9, 2009 in PARK HILLS, MO 63601

03073330000181342769 was accepted at 11:45 AM on February 9, 2009 in PARK HILLS, MO 63601

Okay, so far twelve, count'em twelve, boxes have been sent with delivery confirmation numbers posted here, eight of which have been delivered! WAY TO GO TEAM!!! DO WE ROCK, OR DO WE ROCK??? I SAY WE ROCK!!!

And don't forget, this does not include those who have mailed gift cards, so we're doing even better than we know!!!

***now, if we could just get Linda to kick that cocaine habit of hers, we'd REALLY be doing something, now, wouldn't we???***

***Rumor has it that Kathy has developed a serious morphine addiction, but we won't talk about that. Yet.***

-Dan

• veeja11
    15 years ago

box 2 and three went out today. conf #"s
    sure miss bunny, hope she is back with us soon.you can tell we all love her. I just had to have 3 teeth pulled so I am on drugs also, Kathy we should get togeather. dh won't let me have morphine, when I had my heart surgery they sent me home with that and I saw furry lil bats all over the house, so dh says no more of that unless I catch one of the lil critters to show him they are real.I tried but they were fast,hugs to all carol

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Ok, I need to know where to fill in the gaps! what does she need/want!!!!!!

Mark

It takes a mailman to get excited about all the delivery confirmations!

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Heh, well, it's kind of a loooong story on that Lemon Law thing. We've been dealing with it since October. Supposedly it's being investigated and reviewed by an independent arbitrator. Someone we've not heard from since the first week of November. Supposedly Daimler Chrysler can't get in touch with him, has no way to do so yadda yadda. I'm going to start raising hell tomorrow again and I'm calling the state Attorney General and letting them know we still have no offer for resolution. We more than fulfilled the requirements before the first year was up and are STILL dealing with this mess.

As far as the meds, I almost think at times that I do need morphine! I'm on muscle relaxers for the knotting and spasms, 800 mg ibuprofen 3x daily for inflammation and hydrocodone for the pain. I try not to take the pain stuff because I'm actually allergic to codine, though this is a small amount in that particular pain med, it still makes me itch. Thankfully it's not stronger and making me hallucinate. Finally was able to get an appointment with the Orthopedist for the 19th. So the poking and prodding will start again. I have a feeling surgery is going to be the final verdict.

But ya know, hearing Melissa on the phone this afternoon really brightened up all of that. I think everyone involved in this effort are all very special, loving, generous souls and I am very humbled and thankful to be part of this community. :)

Mark, as far as what else, I'm not completely sure. My suggestion at this point would be a gift card. I know they lost all of their fresh and frozen foods, still have a LOT of clearing and cleanup to do. The mail carrier couldn't get completely up the driveway today and the boys made several trips to get them all, the little sweethearts! I know that financially this has been rough on them. At this point financially, emotional and physically this has been very stressful.

I know that Melissa appreciates each and every one of you. And that our help is making a difference. It has really lifted their spirits and souls as well as provided necessities and some comforts for them through this.

I had a term for some of the people I first met after becoming a member here- Garden Angels. Each of you have more than earned that appellation. And I'm very honored to be part of this countrywide family :)

Kathy

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Kathy or whoever,

Over the last few days, I missed this thread...some how...some way! Would love to send a gift card to little hazelnutbunny aka Melissa. When you get a chance, would you please send me her address?

Thanks much!!

Annie

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Dan,
    LOL
    0308 2690 0001 0004 1227 - No Information Yet
    0308 2690 0001 0004 1234 - No Information Yet
    They both got delivered, nice tracking system!

Kathy,
    Hope you get relief from the pain and the Chrysler!
    Remy

• drippy
    15 years ago

I sent my gift card off, with DC tracking #:

0308 1400 0001 5342 0573

I'll watch for delivery.

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

My package is going out tomorrow.
    DC#420 72704 9101 0385 5574 9669 0936 79
    Amy

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Remy, thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately, sometimes a few packages get through without being scanned into the system. I've had it happen to me before, and I guess this was your turn.
    I'll do another update in the morning on those dc #'s. Got some indoor farming to do tonight! Yee-Haw!

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

0308 2040 0001 8760 6041 was DELIVERED

0308 1400 0000 2932 3311 was DELIVERED

0308 2040 0000 3376 3386 was DELIVERED

0307 0020 0002 5209 2727 was DELIVERED

0308 2690 0001 0004 1227 was DELIVERED

0308 2690 0001 0004 1234 was DELIVERED

0308 2040 0000 5689 9260 was DELIVERED

0308 2040 0000 8224 6007 was DELIVERED

0308 0070 0001 4812 0095 was DELIVERED

0308 0070 0001 4812 0101 was DELIVERED

0307 3330 0001 8134 2745 was accepted at 11:45 AM on February 9, 2009 in PARK HILLS, MO 63601

0307 3330 0001 8134 2769 was accepted at 11:45 AM on February 9, 2009 in PARK HILLS, MO 63601

0308 2040 0000 8224 6083 was processed and left our KENT, WA 98032 facility on February 9, 2009

0308 2040 0000 8224 6076 was processed and left our KENT, WA 98032 facility on February 9, 2009

0308 1400 0001 5342 0573 was processed and left our SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152 facility on February 11, 2009

420 72704 9101 0385 5574 9669 0936 79 Status: Electronic Shipping Info Received

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

The status of the oil and lamps say they will be delivered today. YEAH. Just thought I would let you all know so you can let bunny know.

Tammy

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I've had an email from Melissa! They managed to get into town to the library for the kids homeschooling requirements. She borrowed the kiddie computer for a few moments to email me :) She's very excited to be out on the world again LOL! Among other things, she told me that they finally have hot, live wires for electricity again. There are a few problems with it though, since various wires and fuse boxes from the house, so they still can't use it yet. They have to find the things to fix those issues first and the hardware stores are out or running low on repair items, of course. The main line is still down on the ground, and the electric company won't be there for a while to remedy that since there are so many still without electricity. So she's asking for prayers that the children not get hurt by this. They're keeping them away from it, but prayers are always a good thing :)

Her parents and Grandmother (separate houses)live even further out of town than she does and are still without power or phones. Her parent's have a tree in the living room, her Grandmother's house narrowly missed bringing out outdoors inside :) Oak trees down all around the house, but thankfully none fell into the house.

From her email to me :
    Let everyone know how much I appreciate them helping us through all this. They can't possibly know how much it means to us, especially since the next few weeks are going to be so tough, trying to get things back to normal, or close to it. Financially, it's going to be really hard- since hubby is missing work to fix things up- but I know we'll make it. God kept us safe through all this, and he's sent so many wonderful friends to help us. It's just been amazing. I am still in shock over the generosity of everyone. Not necessarily in material things (though those help tremendously, too!) but just in everyone wanting to pitch in and help in any way they can. We've had a few people stop by and offer help in clearing things out (and also folks just wanting to take pictures and comment on how horrible our property looks! -...thanks, I needed to hear that...- LOL!). I just wish I could express how much I appreciate everything & everyone. I can tell you my heart is definitely full....I've never felt more loved, that's for sure!! :O)

and a little further in the email:

And then yesterday, seeing all those boxes from everyone that just wanted to make sure we were taken care of! Wow. You honestly can't know how much that means. That alone has taken so much stress off of me, off of Marcus (he's been worried about having to work & clean & repair, while still making sure we had everything we needed in the way of food & things...I'm sure the guys can relate to that!) It's not just rice or beans or crackers....really, it sounds corny (I'm sure if you tell Dan, he'll tease me for months...LOL!) but everything that everyone sent, I just saw love there.

Just wanted everyone to share in her email to me. There was more to it, but those were the important parts :)

Kathy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

That's wonderful Kathy, I'm so glad she knows how much we love her and the family! Made me all teary-eyed! :P

Hugs to everyone!
    Wendy

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

I know sassy. ***wiping tears away***

Anyway she has alot more coming still. I am so glad we were all in a position to help them through this. I am so happy to have friend like you all.

Everyone here is really great bunch and I thank God I found you all when I did. You know when we lost the baby a couple weeks ago I was amazed at the cards and caring from everyone here. It really made a horrible time more bearable. It does sound corny but its the thought of everyone caring so much that really touched me and I know she must be feeling the same thing. You all have a special place in my heart.

***stopping crying now, running to grab another tissue***

Tammy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

That's just awesome! I'm so happy that people all over were able to help Miss Bunny out.

I have changed my mind AGAIN! I have a card with a check ready to drop in the mail today. I think that she'll probably need to restock her freezer and she can't do that with the gift card I was planning on getting from walmart.

Lisa

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

I picked up a gift card for Miss Hazlenutbunny yesterday...would someone please email me her address??

Thanks much!

Annie

• medontdo
    15 years ago

OOOHHHHHH NO!!! i didn't know that bunny had problems!! i knew that that area got hit hard, but that was it!! i am so sorry!! :'(
    miss a few days and miss a whole lot!!
    is there anything that i can send her and them little ones? let me know, i'll probably forget to check back into here, we have a BUNCH of stuff going on here, and all with my ever forgetting mind!! seems there is a reason for that!! **smile** but please, let me know :') and i am so happy that they have their electricity back, even if its a little bit, i know that their hardware stores are running out of stuff, maybe i can send them some of their stuff if it isn't to much? are they smaller things or huge? i mean what are they? did she say? Hugs ~Medo

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Medontdo...thanks for emailing me HB address.

Annie

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Annie, sorry about that, I've been dashing in and out the last few days due to being health and weather problems :) Glad you got the address!

Michele, I'm not sure exactly what they need for repairs. Melissa didn't mention anything like a list. I just know it has to do with rewiring the house and fixing fuse boxes that were torn off the house or damage by falling trees/branches. She mentioned that Home Depot and Lowes were running low or were out of many of the things they needed. I suggested checking into ordering online and having the things they need shipped to their house, that perhaps they could get them quicker that way rather than waiting and hoping the stores were able to restock quickly. I also suggested checking Wal~Mart for some of the items needed and checking on the Site to Store in store ordering kiosk for the same thing. Most Wal~Marts have that kiosk now and perhaps if she can order some of this stuff using the store's online ordering kiosks, or the library computer, then they might be able to get the things they need to make the repairs shipped to them and do it more quickly.

I'll ask her to put together a list for me and I can check for her if she wants. I'm hoping to talk to her sometime today.

Kathy

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Can someone please email me Bunny's address please?
    I have a gift card to send her.

Thanks,
    Joan

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Joan, I just sent you the address in an e-mail. -Dan

Okay, time for tonight's update.....

0307 3330 0001 8134 2745 was accepted at 11:45 AM on February 9, 2009 in PARK HILLS, MO 63601

0307 3330 0001 8134 2769 was processed and left our LITTLE ROCK, AR 72231 facility on February 11, 2009

0308 2040 0000 8224 6083 was delivered at 12:14 PM on February 11

0308 2040 0000 8224 6083 was processed and left our KENT, WA 98032 facility on February 9, 2009

0308 1400 0001 5342 0573 was processed and left our SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152 facility on February 11, 2009

420 72704 9101 0385 5574 9669 0936 79 was processed and left our ATLANTA, GA 30320 facility on February 11, 2009

I'll try to do another update tomorrow, hopefully in the morning.

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

WOW! I can't believe all of the boxes received so far! I haven't mailed yet but will be sending a gift card. I am overwhelmed at the generosity of our garden family! Does my heart good, Nik

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Okay, here's the update for Friday morning...

0307 3330 0001 8134 2745 was DELIVERED

0307 3330 0001 8134 2769 was processed and left our LITTLE ROCK, AR 72231 facility on February 11

0308 2040 0000 8224 6083 was DELIVERED

0308 1400 0001 5342 0573 was processed and left our SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152 facility on February 11

420 72704 9101 0385 5574 9669 0936 79 was processed and left our ATLANTA, GA 30320 facility on February 11

I'll post the next update Sunday morning. I'm thinking we'll see a few more deliveries then! Ain't it cool?

For those of you who are still planning on mailing packages or giftcards, please post a delivery confirmation number here so we can all enjoy seeing what has been an overwhelming response to one of our gardening family members' needs!

BLESS YOU ALL!!!

• andreaz6wv
    15 years ago

I forgot to post my DC when I sent the package. I will post it later today. It might already be there?

Andrea

• medontdo
    15 years ago

Ok thanks!! i was so worried when i read that about her!@! OOps!! my thoughts where getting ahead of my fingers. LOL
    we keep getting cool then warm, cool, warm! i know we have at least one more big storm!! we havent had to use the generator since we bought it last year. thank goodness. its a goodluck charm, i think. i am so glad i homeschool!! ya know this is the perfect time for the flu to set in!! all the jackets off and the kids thinking they can be nice and comfortable. then the sore throats. so when my kids think they can be out with their light jackets off, i tell them either put them on, or come in!! they think i'm so mean, i say, i love ya, but that's the deal!! deal with it!
    but the next day my kids don't have that cough and the neighbor kids do. hmmm... but i also spray that dreaded vinegar water around. hee Hee Hugs ~Medo

• mellen
    15 years ago

I have been "lurking" here since this started. What an amazing group of people! But that's garden people for 'ya. Would someone please e-mail Bunny's address to me? I will send a card with cash. Thanks!

jlpmep@heartofiowa.net
    Mellen

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

0307 3330 0001 8134 2745 was DELIVERED
    0307 3330 0001 8134 2769 was DELIVERED
    0308 2040 0000 8224 6083 was DELIVERED
    0308 1400 0001 5342 0573 was DELIVERED
    420 72704 9101 0385 5574 9669 0936 79 was processed and left our ATLANTA, GA 30320 facility on February 11

• jaleeisa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mary Ellen, emailed you with the address, please let me know if it goes through! I emailed through GW.

Tammy, could you please email me your address? Melissa is wanting to send out some thank you cards and neither of us has yours.

WOW! SO many boxes delivered!!!! GW is such a wonderful placed filled with amazing people!!!! It's great to know that we have such a wonderfully supportive community here! And I know that Melissa and her family are touched deeply that she is so well loved!

Kathy

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

My delivery confirmation # for Miss Bunny......sent this morning from Corona Del Mar, CA 92625

DC# 7008 1830 0001 2761 0947

Happy Valentines Day to each of you....a truly lovely group of ladies and gentlemen.

Annie

• mellen
    15 years ago

I got Melissa's address just fine.
    Thanks,
    Mary Ellen/Mellen

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Melissa,

Your certified envelope DC # 7008 1830 0001 2761 0947 was delivered on Wed. Feb 18. Thought I better post this, as I do not know if it is sitting in the post office in Fayetteville or if it was delivered to your home.

Annie

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Annie~ My mailman brought it to my door....and it's funny, because it's a personal joke between us that a certified letter is NEVER anything good! :O) So of course when he knocked on my door & told me what he had for me...My first response was "Uh-Oh...uh, can I refuse to sign for that??" LOL
    He says.."Well, maybe it's something GOOD this time!"
    Last time, he brought me a lawsuit!

This time, though....I'm pleased to say it was MUCH MUCH better. :O)
    Thank you SO SO MUCH, Annie! That was VERY sweet of you!

And THANK YOU TO EVERYONE! I have been floored by the amount of people that have taken time & $$ to send things to help us out, and I hope ya'll know how much it means to us.

And, BTW...the tears didn't stop after the first packages. I still get teared up with each one. :O)

Hugs & Love,
    Melissa