Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
materwitch

UPDATE: Incredible Edibles- Seed Clean Out

sunnyk
13 years ago

Hi All,

The envelopes are now all packed, and I am starting to seal them, weigh them and stamp them. I am hoping to have them all out by the middle of next week.I know this swap should have been done by now, but due to the crazy snowy Winter we have been having and a few snags, things got behind. So thank you for being so patient.

Please let me know when they arrive :)

Thanks

SunnyK

Donna

PS. I will let you know when they have ALL been mailed :)

Comments (17)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Yippeee!! I can hardly wait! :)) Thanks for all your hard work Donna!!

~Wendy

• jessewo
    13 years ago

The seeds came today! What a great selection-I can't wait to plant! Thanks Donna!

• booberry85
    13 years ago

Got my seeds today! Great job Donna! Love the seeds everyone!

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Excellent. I hope you all have fantastic seasons and are over flowing with tasty produce!!
    5 more envelopes went out yesterday morning....I cant remember off hand who they were, but when I get my notebook out I may post them...I just want you all to know I am still on the job LOL!!

None went out today because I spent the day at the Tattoo shop ...our 2nd annual family ink day.... :) and got a fresh new outline that I cant wait to see completed...

I will most likely get 3 or 4 more out on Tuesday...and the rest by the end of the week.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Cool! What's the tat outline of?

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wendy, :-) It's the outline of a Gargoyle surrounded by bare branches and overhead is a full moon with a few clouds. It is seated on a cobblestone type bridge nestled in roses...In a month or so the shading and color will go in, it is shaping up to be a beauty and I can hardly wait for it to be done!!

Okay back to my other love...the seeds...
    This is who has gone out so far:

Thursday
    Becky - Made it
    Beth - Made it
    Bonnie

Friday
    Lynn
    Amanda
    Jodie
    Donnisha
    Lisa

Tomorrow Morning
    Christine
    Amy

The rest will go out on Tuesday with the exception of our Canadian participants which will go out on Saturday.

Looks like we are finally in the Home Stretch :)

• highalttransplant
    13 years ago

Okay, I got my seeds today, and I'm confused. I thought this was a Clean-Out Swap, but I'm pretty sure there are more packets in there than what I sent in, LOL! So much for my inventory reduction attempt : )

I'm especially excited about the peppers I received (yeah, I know, it's an addiction, what can I say), the artichokes, which I've never grown before, and the nice selection of herbs. I grow tons of herbs, but a lot of times, I harvest them before they flower, so I don't always end up with seeds for the next year.

Thank you everyone that contributed, and thank you Donna, for doing such an awesome job! I hope you still had some things left over to send to Need4Seed.

Bonnie

• neohippie
    13 years ago

I got my seeds today, and like highalttransplant, I was surprised to get such a fat package!

Looks like when I said I didn't care which variety of a plant I wanted, I got several different kinds! I'm all set for eggplants now, that's for sure. :-)

Thanks everybody!

• dieg01991
    13 years ago

Woohoo, I got my seeds today!! I'm so excited, what a great variety. I know what I'll be doing this weekend!! (winter sowing) Thanks Donna and everyone.

Amy

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am so glad that the seeds are finding their ways home :)
    And I am happy that so far everyone is enjoying the selection!!

SO now to update....everyone has been mailed!

Remember...please let me know when they arrive so I can mark it off in my book....I can never relax until I know they arrive safely :)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Mine safely arrived today! Thanks so much! :))

• elliesfun
    13 years ago

Received my seeds today and I know I will be up all night looking them up. If only spring would come so that I could plant. Oh my gosh! What a selection. I couldn't have done better with a seed catalog. Thank you so much for all your work on this Donna. Thank you everyone for sending in seeds and have a great gardening year.

Ellie

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am so glad to know that people are receiving and enjoying their seeds!!

By the way....I am holding off on sending in the Need4Seed seeds until after I see how the tomato seeds I sowed this week do, because if they do well I have about a dozen or so more small packets of interesting tomato seed to add to the package!!And I took a count of the seeds for them today....and give or take a dozen maybe(I got distracted while counting LOL)there is 155 packs of seeds....some of them can be repacked into 8-10 packs....and I know at least one of my tomato seed packets that I already added can be repacked to at least 5 nice size packets :) so I think we did well!! :)

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here is who has received so far:
    Becky
    Bonnie
    Beth
    Amanda
    Christine
    Amy
    Wendy
    Julianna
    Ellie

I am getting a bit nervous not hearing about any more deliveries...Please folks...let me know when those seeds make it to you :)

Thanks
    SunnyK
    Donna

• plant-one-on-me
    13 years ago

sorry I could not let you know sooner but my computer died. I not only received my wonderful package of seeds, but have 5" tall tomatoes and peppers. thanks so much, Kim

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I know it is so late here but I was holding off sending the seeds til I could put as many in the envy as possible...now for the last couple of months or so I have been trying to 1. find the address 2. find at least a workable e-mail address.
    I lost the Need4Seed address a few months ago ....maybe during a reformatting, maybe not....maybe I never even had it LOL. But at any rate...I would love to get the seeds to Robin at neeed4seed, but the e-mail address I have for her keeps rejecting my e-mail via a daemon failure notice.

So long story still as long. If anyone has the address for need4seed , please send it to me so I can get these seeds to her.

Thanks!!

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Never Mind :)
    I found the right e-mail,got the address this morning, and the seeds are on their way this afternoon :)