Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faintheart

NEW: Petal Pushers 'March into Spring' 08

faintheart
16 years ago

{{gwi:1246262}}

Celebrating the "March into Spring"!!!

Did you realize the month of March has a holiday "of sorts" each and every day? Petal Pushers are known for bringing smiles to each other and this month will be no different! After all, laughter, humor and smiles are the best medicine there is.

Each week throughout the month, there will be message board activities posted for all members of the group to participate in. You may be given a small assignment (silly or serious) regarding that particular days "holiday" theme. We will all look forward to your sharing of the assignment/activity during the week so we can all join in "celebration" with you. This is part of the "March into Spring" and may make little sense but I promise all will be much clearer (or not) as we begin! ;-) Each Sunday, the name of one of previous weekÂs participant will be drawn to receive a small gift from the fainthearted one. Just like the lottery, you gotta play to win. Lol

Now for the swap portion of this celebration! Here are the guidelines:

1. Sign-ups will be taken until 11:59 pm CST Friday, February 29th.

2. Partners will be posted Saturday, March 1st.

3. Delivery confirmation for your package sent is a must!

4. Packages must be sent ON OR BEFORE MARCH 20th, the first day of SPRING! Wooooooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!

5. In honor of "Plant a Flower" Day (3-12-08), send your partner a small amount (3-5 seeds in the hope one germinates) of some kind of flowering plant to be planted in a pot/container. DO NOT include the NAME but DO include growing requirements/conditions, height, etc. Use your imagination. It could be a house plant, annual or perennial. It is my hope that we can share guesses about our "mystery" surprise in the months to come.

6. In honor of St. PatrickÂs Day, send your partner something green OR an Irish Blessing OR something to bring them a "bit o Irish luck".

7. With Spring, we are reminded of "rebirth" in the gardens. Send your partner some type of bulb (quantity up to you) to help bring their summer garden to life.

8. And finally, as Easter approaches, we gather with family and friends to celebrate. Send your partner one (or more) of your favorite recipes that help to make your celebration complete.

To recap: your partner should receive 3-5 "mystery" seeds, something green OR an Irish blessing OR a "bit o Irish luck", Spring planting bulb(s), and a favorite recipe. DonÂt forget to join us weekly for some silly and/or serious activities related to each "holiday" of the month!

Most importantly, this should be a month of fun!!! We are all anxious for warmer, more stable weather and sharing a little fun with each other throughout the month will help to make the wait a bit more tolerable. :-) I hope IÂve done everything right! If you have any questions, ask away!

Dee

Comments (148)

• susandonb
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi All,

I like Marie Calenders Razzleberry pie.

Mary's box went out today, conf. #03070020000444496319

Susan

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Welcome, Maureen! As I explained via email, partners have been assigned for this month but you sure can join in the chatter till next month's swap! A new little girl in your life...I am sure she is a blessing each and every day! We would love to see her. Oh and don't forget...send a bit of warmer weather east, would you? :)

Susan, I had to google the pie. It sounds berrylicious!!! ;) I will be out and about tomorrow and that pie may just find it's way into my cart! I love to make homemade pies but find as I get older I look for more conveniences from time to time...like pie in the frozen food section. lol

Dee

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi to everyone. Glad to see you girls are having fun, so sorry I'm not more into participating this month.

Dee you're doing an awesome job girl! You should host every month! *grin* lol

I don't think I've posted these, if I have please forgive me, I can take them off.......

No she doesn't have buck teeth on top, actually, she has no teeth on top! lol

Nite girls....have fun!
    Sassy

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Hi Sassy..so glad to see you !! Thanks for the baby fix, I sure miss the little girl I use to watch..

My fav frozen food is stouffers mac and cheese, and pizza bagels...We dont eat too many frozen foods.

I found the neatest thing today at the store and want to sahre, but cant cause it is going to my swap partner..LOL

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ms Sassy...
    "You should host every month!" You DON'T want to see one of my multiple personalities now, do you??? *evil grin*

Stouffer's mac and cheese sounds much better than the "string mac" the girls attempted! LOL It's too late but now I am hungry! *sigh*

Kym...you are cruel! Teasing us like that and making Laurel wait to know. If it's a pot o'gold, we might make her share! ;)

nite all!
    Dee

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

March 7th

It's National Crown Roast of Pork Day!!!

Not sure how we celebrate though. lol I've never had CRofP. Looks wonderful in pics though.

It is also Women's History Month. How about we share something about a special woman in our life?

Have a great day!

Dee

• Lisa
    16 years ago

Acts of kindness...I have to share and this is so late in coming! My Mom passed away last April and Petal Pushers was just starting. It is hard to describe how I was in such a shock, even though Mom had battled cancer for 7 years and I thought I was ready for what would come one day. Petal Pushers' sent me cards shared from their hearts, flowers to plant in memory and a windchime that was so perfect of what my Mom loved. I can not express how much YOUR acts of kindness carried me though such a hard time! Thank you all so much! I smile each time I see the windchime and can't wait for the plants to come up. Ya'll are truly amazing!!! It is a prime example of how people that have never met can have such a huge difference in one person's life. I thank each of you from the bottom of my heart!

I am to late to play this round but hope you'll allow me to join the next one. I have been busy with work, my son, and my Grandfather, who passed away in January.

I also have such wonderful news to share!!! My youngest son also was diagnosed with cancer (totally different than my Mom's 4 years ago) That was 8 months after he had a hunting accident and many surgeries on his hand. We'll I am so proud to say that he gets his port-a-cath out next month hopefully...the doctor wants to wait and see what his test results say at the end of this month, but it means next month he will be classified as in remission!!! YEA!!! I am home from work today to help him with college papers. We'll find out today if he can get finacial aid and then he will be off to AZ to attend college...that's so far from East Texas!!! It's hard to let go...lol!

Let's see my favorite thing was a full sized bed that my Grandfather (he was 82) gave me that was given to his mother by her parents when she married...that makes this bed VERY old! My oldest son begged me for it when he married, so I have passed it on. I guess my favorite thing now is again something passed down from my Grandfather...his mother's butter churn...I am amazed everytime I pass it and see the wood worn down from the hard work of her churning butter...WOW!

I am also from East Texas...Crockett. Marian, where do you live? I woke up this morning to about an inch of snow on the ground, but don't worry that's just Texas weather...it could be 70 on Monday...lol!

Okay, I'll stop for now. From my heart, I do hope each of you have a wonderful day!!

Lisa (easttexasgirl)

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

im sorry..I didnt mean to be cruel:(...Ill have to mail out her package soon, so I can "spill the beans" ..

Yes stouffers mac is better then string cheese mac..LOL My poor daughter isnt gonna live that down...esp since in the fall she went to make mac and cheese in my microwave, and caught the micro on fire...so we all tell her not to make any mac and cheese..LOL

Lisa any chance you have a picture of the bed ? I d love to see it...it is always soo special to have something that has been passed on...

I am so glad to here your son is doing soo well !! It is far for him to go...but know he will always come "home"..and just think how happy he will be !! My friends son went off to college this year, and she said she sees more of him now that he went away..cause when he is home he "actually" wants to spend time with them.

The weather has been up and down all over...here in Ri we are to get some severe rain storms tonight..UGH my yard is soo saturated now..it was in the upper 50s and now back into the 30s...

I saw a bunch more activity.

• galium
    16 years ago

flwrs4ever-You are a woman I can relate to...Stouffers Mac and Cheese my very favorite frozen food. My DH buys them on sale and tries to always have one in the freezer for me.

Lisa-good to see you posting. Wonderful news about your son!

One of the most special women in my life was my Aunt Marianna. I was named after her. My mother just dropped the (a) off her name. That's why my name is spelled the way it is. Marianna was a Nurse and a Horticulturist. She took me to my first flower show and gave me my fist copy of Rodale's Book Of Organic Gardening. She never married until she was about 60yo so she had no children of her own. She was fun, energetic, warm and loving. I still have a Hoya that was hers.

We are expecting more rain this weekend. Everything is soaking wet. The soil is saturated and our top soil is pouring down the driveway with the water. What a mess!
    {{gwi:1246289}}

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Kym, lol, I think I can (just barely) stand the waiting!

Stouffers, now THERE'S a piece of my childhood! We lived just a couple miles from the main Stouffer's plant in Solon, Ohio, when I was a kid. We'd go to their little discount outlet store every so often and stock up on French bread pizzas and frozen cupcakes. MMMMMMmmm! Now I've got a craving for their pizza, thanks a lot, lol. . . .

Laurel

• mommymaureen
    16 years ago

Hello Dee and hello everyone,
    Here is a picture of my pumpkin on Christmas. I think Santa was very good to her! lol

{{gwi:1246292}}

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

All this talk of food..mmm..I am hungry now too...dont blame me, isnt it Dee that asked us ??? She started it...LOL

Well, I have had " one of the weekends"...I spent all day friday at the police dept because me teenage daughter, met this kid from another town, and talked with him a few weeks, then he got all possessive of her, and then became jealous of another kid( mind you, she isnt going out or seeing this kid, just talked a few times online) and he ends up threatening her and her friend...and come to find out he is a gang member...I didnt even KNOW there was a gang here...UGH !! ok, talk about stress....now I have to keep her with me...ya tell a teen they have to stay with their mom...LOL

Ok, so then...I go to the store on sat..which is a big deal, cause i dont get to go out much...on my way home my father calls and says to get home right away...a tree just came down on the house...mind you...this is a 30 foot tree...it hit the house,and is now sitting against the entire front of the house...and they dont know if they can remove it till the ground dries up some..and there are three holes in the hous, gutter is down, and WORST of all..it is sitting on all of my bushes..that are now smushed to the ground...and it knocked out two windows..

Ok..Ok..I know we were SOO lucky we werent home..my son would of been hit with all of the glass if we had been, the whole room was covered in it...so I AM thankful..just a tad bit stressed...

SOOO, will someone please pass the chocolate ?? I sure could use some..LOL

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Wishing lots of chocolate your way, flwrs4ever!! You poor thing! I sure hope things start looking up for you soon!! Sending warm thoughts!
    Hugs,
    Becki

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

(((Lisa))) So good to see you back! Great news on your youngest...prayers will be continued for his remission. No matter how far away they go, I think they appreciate Mom a little more each day.

Mariann, thank you for sharing about your Aunt Marianna. She sounds like a wonderful woman!

Laurel, the pizzas didn't get to me but the cupcakes did! *mmmm....cupcakes! hungry again* lol

Maureen, your little girl is adorable! She must have been VERY good...Santa has a way of knowing. ;)

Kym...about the food talk...I just asked a simple question and ya'll fueled the fire! lol Okay....*slinking into my corner* I started it! :p Yikes!!! The good part is your daughter had enough trust to tell you about the harassment. Oh nooooo...so sorry about the tree and damage! You have had a weekend of stresses. Think of the positives and as our dear Annie says..."Life is GOOD!"

Back with a few "celebrations" in a bit...
    Dee

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

March 9th

SPRING FORWARD! Did ya'll remember to set your clocks ahead? If not, you're an hour late. :/

Employee Appreciation Day
    Panic Day

Have you ever forgotten to reset the clocks and been embarrassed at an early/late arrival?

Is there something that sends you into a panic?

As a young girl, my parents used to warn me about playing near the cattle water tank because of bees and wasps. They must have been very forceful in their warnings because for years, I would panic at the "buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" of any flying insect. When I was first married, a wasp found it's way into our home one morning. I stayed outside until Hubby came home at lunchtime to take care of it! It was a fear I had never told him about and he couldn't believe my reaction until he saw the hyperventilating when I went inside with him. lol I learned to deal with the fear and am much better. Just don't *buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz* when I have a potential weapon in hand. ROFL

Have a great day!!!

hugs,
    Dee

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Something that sets me in a panic ?? Having a 70 foot tall tree crash into my house, and shatter windows...LOL

other than that sitting on a bridge when they are doing construction on them..

Thanks for all the nice thoughts, I will post a picture when daughter has a sec to help me...yes I am soo thankful she told me...she was crying...and showing me what he was saying, and I copied the conversation and went to the police first thing in the morning...she is still struggling, but i hope this just burns itself out.

Have a wonderful night everyone !!

See Dee....Now I want candy, mac and cheese...LOL

• susandonb
    16 years ago

panic...when I see a spider or hear there is a tornado warning in our area.

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

All names of this week's "celebrants" were placed in a bowl and DH chose one.

Kym, send me your address so a small gift of appreciation can be sent your way! :)))

One name from the coming week's "celebrants" will be drawn again next Sunday.

Dee

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Dee

Did you tell DH to pick me so I wouldnt throw food at you ?? Or tease you about making us all hungry ?? j/k

Thanks so much !! Maybe we should do a "share a snack RR"...tee hee.

I didnt even know there were prizes for being "chatty" grin.

• robinlynn
    16 years ago

Driving next to a tall road barrier in the city at night makes my hair stand on end, especially when everyone's going 80MPH. I always curse myself for not leaving earlier. I just had to do this Thursday. I took my daughter to the Philadelphia Flower Show. We went during the week so it wasn't so crowded, so we can't go until after school. My daughter loves to eat in China town. By the time we look at the show and all the plant booths, it's 9:30 PM. This year's show had a New Orleans theme, so it was very music oriented with a lot of gold and purple Mardi Gras inspiration. We had a great time.

Susan, I am mailing your package tomorrow.

I never heard from Mommacat. I think I enabled my e-mail on the member page correctly, but I don't know since I still never heard from her.

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kym,

No, DH was very serious about choosing. It made him PANIC to think that there would be more than a dozen women disappointed he didn't chose them! LOL

Actually I thought a lil chocolate might go in with the gift but....ummmmmm......errrrrr.....I ate it! *giggles*

Dee

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Robin,

I still don't see the option to email you from your GW page. Send me your address and I will get it forwarded to Deb (momcat).

I don't often get to a large metro area but that driving situation would make me anxious too! The flower show sounds wonderful! Did you make any fun purchases?

Dee

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Anyone else need assistance getting their partners address for the swap??? Keep in mind the March 20th deadline. Some of you are already ahead of the game...wtg!!! I can't wait to hear what your creative minds have sent to your partner!!! :)

Robin, thank you. Your address has been sent to Momcat.

Dee

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Panic mode?? Oh, boy. CLOWNS send me into hysterical fits. I am terrified of clowns! Any kind, doesn't matter. But especially ones with orange/red hair.
    When I was 4 or 5 years old, I was at a birthday party for a cousin...at one of the McDonald's play houses. I climbed into the treehouse, and while I was in there, the door closed....and I couldn't get it open!! I started yelling for help, and I looked out the window, and up popped Ronald Mcdonald!! And HE WAS LAUGHING!!!! I started screaming bloody murder, and ever since then....I've been terrified of clowns.
    And then my brother had the nerve to show me the movie IT. OH MY GOODNESS. Just a glance at clowns now will start me hyperventilating, shaking, crying... I just want to crawl into a corner and hide.

*ugh* I feel so exposed now. LOL
    That's my big dirty secret. :O)

Melissa

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, Melissa - you poor little thing!! That would have frightened any child! I'll remember never to send you anything clown related!!!

My most panicky thing drives my hubby nuts! I HATE driving through the mountains. Yes, they are breathtakingly beautiful, and if I can focus on the and not the fact that we are driving 75-80 miles an hour around curves with a HUMUNGOUS drop right next to us, I can enjoy it, but usually, I'm looking DOWN! When we went to Glacier Ntnl. Park, there were a bunch of roads that weren't open yet, and we came to one road that said it was closed, but hubby saw someone coming off of it, so he figured it was passable. Keep in mind this was a little car, and we were driving a full-sized van, pulling a trailer! This was a mountain road, with NO GUARD RAIL, and must have had a small avalanche or something, because there were BOULDERS on the road!! There was no way to turn around, because the road was very narrow, so he just had to keep going. One of the most FRIGHTENING things we have ever done! I kept looking down, thinking, if we fall, NO ONE WILL KNOW WHERE WE DISAPPEARED TO, because no one even knows we went on this dang road!! Anyway, yes, I panic when it comes to mountain driving!

Becki

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

March 10th

Today's "celebration" is:

Middle Name Pride Day

Is there a story behind your middle name? Was it given to you in honor of someone?

Just for fun, let's see who may be able to guess my middle name. To clarify, my full first name is Deanna.

Have a great day!!! Spring is coming!

Dee

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Hmmm...I will say either "Lee" or "Louise" for your middle name! :O)

How I got my name is actually a funny story...I've told it before. My mom was a HUGE hippy...and wanted to name me LEATHER!!! UGH!! Leather Dawn!! LOL Daddy wanted Louise...Leather Louise!! DOUBLE UGH, since my last name used to start with L!! LOL SO....Grandpa stepped in, and said.."I really like the name Melissa Dawn...it's really popular right now!!" :O)
    THANK YOU GRANDPA!!! :O)
    There's only a few occupations that a girl can hold (and be taken seriously) with a name like Leather. Whooo-Boy.

Melissa

• beckilove
    16 years ago

: ) Melissa and I have the same middle name, Dawn, so as I think it sounds beautiful with Deanna, I'll guess that's your middle name as well! Deanna Dawn. I like that! I honesly have no idea where my middle name came from!

My boys' middle names kind of came out of nowhere, but not my girls. We were going to name our first Elizabeth Jane after her grandmother (my husband's mom who passed before we met) whose name was Betty Jane. This probably sounds kind of crazy, but shortly before I had her, I had kind of dream/feeling during the night, and it was pretty much me feeling his mom telling me that she appreciated that we wanted to name our daughter after her, but she always loved the name Rose, which she named her first daughter. So, her name is Elizabeth Rose, and I guess she is named after her aunt Rose, who I have also never met!

With our second, Dave wanted so badly to name her Sarah Jane, and I just couldn't. I told him it was too plain. I kept thinking of 'Sarah, Plain and Tall' and Plain Jane. I just couldn't. While I was still in labor, we still hadn't decided for sure, and I told him I really liked the name Lily, and he caved. Her middle name is Marie, which is also my little sister Leah's middle name, so she is kind of named after her, I guess. I never did put her first and last name together until a while after we had named her that, so I found out a little late that when you said it together, it's a little heavy on the "L"s. I don't really care to post my last name here, but those of you that know it, say Lily in front of it, and you'll see what I mean!

William's middle name isn't for anyone special (except I guess my husband's favorite book in the Bible), but his first hame is the same as my Dad's and grandfather's. He doesn't have the same last name, so I can't say he's William III, but I think it's kind of cool, nonetheless!

• galium
    16 years ago

Just popped in to say Hi. We have been without power for almost 2 days now. My DH and I have relocated to our DD's until it comes back on. I have a house full of seedlings and tropical plants. None have had the grow lights on them or warmth. I'm almost afraid to go home to see what's happened. Hopefully we will have power by tonight.
    Mariann

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, Mariann, I'm so sorry to hear that!!! I hope all is okay with your plants!!! I am so thankful that we have a generator now, for the times that happens! Our worst was 5 days - yucky!! You can bet, I'll tell my hubby that the power strip that keeps on my lights and heater will have to be plugged in if that ever happens again! It will probably have to take turns with the computer. As long as I can have both of those for even part of the day, I'd be a happy gal! I'm hoping that your power comes on VERY soon!!!!

GOTTA get off the computer now and exercise!!!

Hugs!
    Becki

• momcat
    16 years ago

Robin,

Your box is on it's way. Delivery conf #0307 1790 0000 3573 2054

I hope you like what I chose.

Deb

• galium
    16 years ago

My SIL stopped by our house on his way home from work. Guess what was sitting by the back door? A box from Melissa/hazelnutbunny.

She sent me Gladiolus bulbs (love glads), Better Homes and Gardens 'All Time Favorites Cookbook', Lima Bean seeds, a bar of Irish Cream soap, "Secret Seeds" and Mint Herb tea all in a cute little basket.

Thank you so much Melissa. I am feeling a little low today because of the power loss. You really brightened up my day!
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nothing like a surprise box of goodies to brighten the day!!! What a creative gift, Melissa! We'll be waiting to hear about your "secret" seeds as they grow, Mariann. Hope your power is restored quickly though I am sure DD and SIL don't mind the visit. Crossing my fingers that your plants do okay!

Melissa, you are closest so far with my middle name! It does begin with an "L". Your grandpa has to be a gem! Don't think I've ever run across anyone with the name Leather!

Becki, loved hearing how your chose your children's names! All very special and unique. :)

My two were born c-sections with general anesthetic so when I woke up I was never sure if hubby had gone with what "we" decided. The nurse would ask him the name before I regained my senses. lol We gave our son the same middle name (Victor) as my husband, his father, and grandfather. They all have the same initials but differing first names. My daughter got her middle name from my favorite aunt so she is Melissa Kay.

Hugs,
    Dee

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, oh, oh!! Do I get to guess again?? If so, I'm gonna guess one of my other little sisters middle names, and say Lynn. Deanna Lynn sounds very pretty too! But, if 2nd guesses aren't allowed, someone else guess it!

I am so thankful I've not had to have a C-section! I would hate to be even a little bit out of it when my babies have been born!

You didn't hear the funny story of how my oldest was named. He is sadly named after one of my favorite characters on Beverly Hills, 90210, which I really liked when I was 17 and got pregnant with him. Someone asked me at the pizza joint I worked at if I had any names picked out, and I blurted that one out, after not thinking about a boys name one iota! Then, it kind of stuck. And I have no idea how the Michael part came about, but he is Dylan Michael.

I am planning to plant tomato and pepper seeds tomorrow! I can't wait!! I have so many kinds of each! I am planning on planting a bunch, and selling some of the more unusual ones at farmer's market. Things like Snowball tomatoes and Chocolate peppers I think will sell quite nicely, since you can't buy them around here. Plus, I should have some of the new Italian Ice grape tomatoes, and so many other cool ones! I plan to grow LOTS to grow myself, but hope to make some money off them too!

I hope everyone is having a GREAT eveing, and that Mariann's power comes on VERY soon!!!

Hugs,
    Becki

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Been tryin to catch up on things here lol.

Dee I am going to guess Lynn.

My middle name is Louis' (NOT Louise) after my Grandmothers Love Affair with a Cuban high officer lol. His name was Luis' so mom added an o in the name, talk about having to deal with corrections all the time. My mother loved this guy like a father. (after my grandfather died) LONG STORY believe me lol but they lived in Key West.

Last night on our way home from Fort Worth (I got to meet Veeja yesterday and had a wonderful time, she is a very special Lady), my son, Nan, called to ask if there was an lunar eclipse. I said no why and he said the moon just dissappeared, i told him it prolly went behind a cloud. (he lives in a wide open area with no city lights, means very clear skies). He said I can still see stars though. Fox was hearing this conversation and made the comment "tell him that when they shot the satellite down one of the rockets missed and hit the moon and turned off the light". I told Nan that except I added that they did say that it may take several days for us to notice that the moon had gone. NAN (who is 24 yrs old and of course blonde) said "OH MAN THAT WOULD SUCK!!!" Believing every word I was telling him I said turn on the news to see, he called his real dad and omg Terry went outside believing that the moon had been destroyed also and had his wife checking online to find out, then Nan called his g/f Stacy and she said "Im sure thats not what happened but I will turn on the news to see" lol I was laughin so hard my tummy hurt. When Nan called back he was in a panic and I was trying soo hard to be serious and not laugh but finally had to tell him. I am still laughing at that. Now I am calling him "moonbeam" lol.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Dee...I agree Deanna Lynn sounds very pretty...are they right ??

Pixie, thanks for sharing your moom story..I needed a laugh..and it sounds like something I would do..we are always puling pranks on each other..I wouldnt have been able to keep a straight face, good thing he was on the phone...LOL

My middle name is Marie, it is for my grandmother that passed away before I was born...and I also gave it to my daughter...

I picked something else up for my trade partner today..Melissa I love the idea of the Irish Soap !! I am having a hard time getting something with St Pattys day on it, knowing she will most likely get it afterwards..But I did find something funny...my kids were really laughing..

Have a wonderful day tomorrow everyone !! They are coming to replace the window tomorrow..so Ill be home with strange men coming and going...LOL

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Kym, I had a twin whose name is Christina Marie, my dad got confused when we were born but it all turned out good. It was supposed to be Christina Louis' and Katrina Marie (me) but ended up being Christina Marie and Katrina Louis' lol. She was born 2 minutes before me and was .5 lbs more than I was but had underdeveloped lungs and in 66 they didn't have the technoloby that they have now so she just lived 3 days. We were born in Japan (military) so things were alot different anyways.

The guys always are pranking me so if I get the oportunity to get one over on them I HAVE to but I would have never in a million years thought that he would have believed something as far fetched as the moon exploding lol. My sides still ache from laughing about it.

I am glad ya'll were out of the house when that hit Kym.

Mariann Hope your plants make it and everything gets back to normal with the power. Great box!!!

I am still getting my box ready so hopefully it will go out this week.

Smiles everyone and good dreams
    Pixie

• mary_s
    16 years ago

Hi everyone. Just had to stop in and tell you about my package that arrived today from Susan. She sent all kinds of St Patric's stuff...stickers, Gel shamrock clings, a card and Hershey's Creme De Mint Kisses! She also sent Freesia bulbs and of course some "mystery seeds".Along with the seeds she sent a jiffy windowsill greenhouse to plant them in! last but not least she sent a whole magazine full of new recipes to try called Intermezzo. all this was in a pretty little gift bag!
    Thanks Susan for all the goodies and to Dee for getting this swap going!

Well I am off to bed. still tired from the time change!
    MaryS

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yesssssss...you girls are right...it is Deanna Lynn. :)

Trina, how are we gonna plant by the moon with it gone? I love it....tooooooo funny! Poor Nan!!! lol

Kym...good luck with your strange men today! LOL

Mary, what a fun gift bag! I've not seen creme de mint kisses but they sure sound good! :)

Mariann, hope your power is back today!

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

March 11th

Today is:

Johnny Appleseed Day
    Worship of Tools Day

Do you have a favorite tool in the garden or household that you wouldn't want to be without?

Have a great day all!

hugs,
    Dee

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Glad you liked the goodies Mary. I found the mint kisses at Kmart.

My favorite tool is a pointed hoe, that is what I call it. It makes great rows.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

My FAVORITE tool for the house and garden is FOX, he does everything! lol Ok besides that I have a little rake (not a childs rake but child sized) with flexible rake prongs that I couldn't do without. It is perfect for raking under and around plants without harming them.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I guess it's not really a "tool", but I have one that I've made that I couldn't live without.
    I burn ALOT of candles, and needed something to dip the wicks in (oohhh, naughty!! LOL) instead of blowing them out..so they wouldn't smoke. The smoke bothers my kiddos. So, instead of paying $6 for a wick dipper, I took a large metal paperclip, and flipped it open, so it still has the curves on both sides, but is about 6" long now. I just use the small end to dunk the wick in the melted wax, and pull it back up.
    Voila! :O)
    She ain't perty, but she works!!! LOL

• beckilove
    16 years ago

My favorite tool is my pair of garden shears! They work so handy for trimming so many things!

It must be Johnny Appleseed day! Lily woke up and wanted applesauce for breakfast this morning, instead of her usual scrambled egg!

• galium
    16 years ago

Melinda/ilovefarac-You have a box coming your way.

DC# 0103 8555 7494 9814 2821

We made it back home last night about 8pm. I had the phone hooked up so that if the power came on we would hear the answering machine. Some of my plants were a little wilted but I gave them some warm water and they seemed happy this morning. I did lose my DVD player though. Probably a power surge.

My favorite tool is my pruning shears. Never without them.
    Have a good day everyone,
    Mariann

• robinlynn
    16 years ago

Owww... I didn't know people added other stuff. I sent exactly what was on the list. I guess I should have waited to hear what others sent.

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Pixie..I am so sorry your twin didnt make it...my grandmother carried FOUR sets of twins, and my dad is 8th straight generation of twins...but only two sets made it after birth..My name was messed up at birth also...but it was the hospital that messed it up and my mother didnt want to pay to fix it.

My favorite tool is the same as pixies..I can get inbetween things, or spread it out and do a large area at a time..although now hubby has to do all the yard work..so I guess he actually is my favorite tool..I just get to supervise, and watch things grow..and winter sow..LOL

Mariann, sorry about your vcr..but I am glad it didnt get everything..my husbands boss last week was on vacation and came home to nothing working due to a power surge, they lost dvd players, a refrigerator, and it hit there hot tub, and a bunch more...had to replace almost all the electrical things in the house. I am glad your plants are doing ok, it is amazing how forgiving they can be.

Have a great night everyone !!

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Hmm, I miss a day or two, I miss a LOT here, ladies! I've been running a lot, distracted, and just plain scatterbrained. Must be spring fever (at least, I'd rather blame that than a mid-life crisis, lol!).

I have most of Debbya's box ready to go - I just want to do one more thing, then send it on its way.

It's been fun learning about your names and their history. My first name has NOTHING to do with my family heritage - my parents just liked it. My middle name, Marie, is for my mother, Mary. My daughter's first name is Juliana, for the medieval Christian mystic Juliana of Norwich. Her middle name is Pearl, for my grandmother, who died years ago. Our son's name is Ian (Scottish for John - his grandfather, great uncle, and uncle-in-law are all John/Jon, and his father is Sean, the Irish form of John). His middle name is Joseph, for one of my favorite men in the Bible.

Oh, how we debated about Ian's name! He's our first, and my mother was pestering us mightily about what names we were considering. So, we had an ugly name contest, and kept telling her all sorts of outrageous choices. Keep in mind, our last name is RUDD. So, Dudley Bud Rudd, Elmer Rudd, Evan Rudd (think Evinrude motors), Vladimir Rudd (just because), etc. etc. AND, we couldn't use any names that started with C or K, because that would make his abbreviated name C. Rudd. CRUD. That cancelled out all sorts of names we happened to like, for both kids, lol!

My favorite outdoors tool is definitely bypass pruning shears. Indoors, I have to say that I really MISS my dustbuster. It recently croaked after years of faithful service, and NOW I realize just how much I used it to clean up after the kids, birds, and cats.

LOLOL about the moon story! Our son stayed up late to watch part of the eclipse, and really thought it was cool.

Laurel

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

we are almost at max limit...a new thread has been started

:)

Dee

• robinlynn
    16 years ago

Momcat, my box arrived. Thank you for the lillies, the shamrock disk and the secret seeds. I just planted them I put the shamrock next to it. Maybe it will help them germinate.