Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snboyken

NEW: Houseplant Swap or Robin

snboyken
18 years ago

Anyone interested in a spring houseplant robin. If enough are interested I will organize it.

We would start rooting plants now for trade in late March or Early April

Comments (22)

• lunamoon
    18 years ago

I would be interested but it isn't warm enough here to send plants until May.

• MimiB1
    18 years ago

Sounds like fun. I'm interested. Please send me the rules and regulations when you have them! Brenda (MimiB)

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Count me in!
    Should we post what we have and what we would like?
    Thanks, Tina

• mkruby7
    18 years ago

If it is in April. I would like to join.

mkruby7

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

i too would like to get in on this one.

thanks,
    earthly

p.s. hey janell, how's the baby? how are you?

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Count me in!

Deb

• veeja11
    18 years ago

count me in

• kellyinflorida
    18 years ago

Hi,
    I am a houseplant freak! I have a huge collection of rare philodendrons that need to be separated and have many other tropicals living in my house too.
    Please count me in.
    Kelly

• snboyken
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Bumping us to the top, we have several interested, would like to have a couple more join.

If you are interested, please post prior to 2/20/06, this will give it one more week and then the weekend.

I think we will do this as a swap between pairs, I will email each of you as to what you have or would like in trade, then match you up with each other. Will try to make sure everyone gets someting they are wanting in return if at all possible.

We will mail the trades in April. let me know any questions. I was thinking maybe the 2nd week in April to allow for warmer weather and time for rooting.

Let me know any questions.

• snboyken
    Original Author
    18 years ago

some of the emails are not shown on members pages, so please email me at snboyken@yahoo.com with what you have for trade and would like to receive in trade.

thanks to all who showed an interesting in this trade.

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

OK--Talked me into it!! I'm in-
    Jeanette-aka-number_1_angel

• mkruby7
    18 years ago

I'm in.

mkruby7

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

I've started to root all my cuttings! Everything should be ready for April! I'm dividing some plants tomorrow, so I'm more than ready!

I just have to post a 'have/want' list!

• snboyken
    Original Author
    18 years ago

email me your have/want list at snboyken@yahoo.com

Looking for some more to join.

• snboyken
    Original Author
    18 years ago

we have 10 signed up so far, hope to add a few more, Email your list asap. Thanks and have a great Friday.

• snboyken
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Bumping up, still need list and addys on several. Hope to hear from all soon.

• snboyken
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Several have dropped out or never sent me their list, so we are down to 6 people. Still pretty good. I will send emails out today as to who you are to send to and what their wants were. I think I have at least one items matched up from have and wants list so everyone should get at least one items.

Please email me back that you have recieved your name. I ask that each person contribute at least 4 starts to the houseplant pal, start rooting them now to be mailed by April 8th. this will allow 6 weeks for rooting and warmer weather. If you want to send extra starts that is fine, however not a requirement. Please use proper shipping methods on your plants and mail your plants priority mail.

I will make a new thread Update - Houseplant Swap for you to post to when you have mailed or received or just the status from now to April 7th of your trade.

Please let me know if anyone has an questions and I hope all enjoy this swap.

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

I checked my email and didn't rec. my swap pal's name yet.
    Did you receive my swap list through email? Just checking. I know sometimes things get lost in cyberspace. If it didn't go through, I'll re-send it again.

Thanks so much for organizing this fun swap! I can't wait to pack my box and send off my extra plants! ;)

Deb

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I sent a list am I still in? thankyou carol

• lunamoon
    18 years ago

I received your email today with my partner's info.

Jenell

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

The second email make it through with my Partner's info. Thanks so much for resending it.

Deb

• snboyken
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hope all have received their info. If you have not, please let me know.