Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Birthday Extravaganza Feb Swap #2

Posted by flwrs4ever 7 R.I. (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 1, 09 at 13:12

This is for the Birthday Seed Extravaganza Swap !! Happy Birthday to All of Our Febuary Birthday Buddies !!!

Shropshire_lad Feb 8
Chellflower Feb 9
Plant-one-on-me February 10
medontdo Feb 13
zinaray Feb 14
ilovfarac Feb 15
Angelady Feb 18

Please post here when you receive a card, or just to chat, Fran has the address list for this month, and PLEASE email SUE your list of who you are sending to, or If you are taking the month off. THANKS AGAIN for the help, and the get well wishes, doing a bit better today !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Birthday Extravaganza Feb Swap #2

Please send me your list of who you are sending to for February so I can track it for Kym this month. (I'm posting right under Kym so you'll be able to find where to send them very quickly.)
Thanks,
Sue ~ Suecirish

o

Thanks, Sue! I'll email you soon myself.

Thanks, Fran, for all you're doing as well!

For those that want to check all the birthday wishes submitted so far, the link is below my signature. Go pick who you want to send to this month and email Sue! If you won't be sending to someone this month, she needs to know that, too!

Thanks, everyone! I just want to apologize again for messing up the last thread... I'm going to be much more careful not to blind our birthday readers!

Blessings,
Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: February Birthday Wish Lists

o

Hello all! So sorry I haven't posted before now! We have been without power until about 2 hrs. ago since last Monday night! Actually the whole town has been without any, no gas, no food, no anything. So weird to see everything totally black at night.
I do hope others are ok and are keeping warm in the path of the storm!
There are trees down everywhere! Will take a month or so just to clean up my yard!! Huge beautiful trees gone and lots of my fruit trees have tons of damage. But thankful that no one was hurt here and no damage to the house! Lost the roof to the greenhouse and most everything inside smashed and gone! All the flowers I overwinter there and on the front sunroom are dead!!
But I will be posting me a birthday wish list soon! So sorry so late, but nature got in the way!!
Stay warm and hope everyone is ok!
Melinda

o

Oooooooooooooh, Melinda, (((((HUGS)))))... I'm SO sorry... I bet you get blessed some with this being your birthday month! I guess it came at a good time after what just happened... Be sure to not just put up your top 25 list... after you get that posted, I'll add it to the February birthday page. I will also post a link to your full exchange page, so have that list of wants fully updated when you can as well!

Blessings,
Angela

o

Oh my Melinda I am so glad you and your family are safe. I am so sorry you lost all your plant babies though. As Angela said, please feel free to post extras so we may help out if possible.

Kim

o

Melinda, so glad to hear that you are okay. I was wondering if your area was one that was hit hard. Sorry about your greenhouse and plants. But you know you have lots of friends here that are willing to help replace.

o

Melinda I too hate you lost so many items, but yes, the good news is they can be replaced. THE important thing is that nothing else was lost. Although it is so sad when we lose large old trees. I hope the clean up doesn't take as long as you think and you can get everything back in order quickly.
HUGS,
Fran

o

let us know what you need replaced Melinda and we'll do what we can to help. I'm glad you're all safe though!

o
RE: Happy Birthday

Melinda, glad to here that you are o.k.

Cindy
Atlanta.

o

I received my first birthday card today!!! Thank you Susan/taz56 for the C. mertal, hibiscus and mandvilla seeds. Kim

o

Can someone please email me with the addresses? I'm putting my cards together and will let Sue know who I'm mailing to this month :)

Kathy

o

Hello! I am finally getting my list together! Actually, I am going to be happy with anything anyone wants to send!
I too hope it doesn't take a month or more, but my SIL has been outside, as I have, most of the day sawing and cutting and we haven't gotten but a tiny dab of it done! The back areas will have to wait down by the pond and stuff.
Anyhow, I hope everyone else is ok and anyone else affected has electric on now.
My list on my page is also good!

Franklinia Alatamaha
Witch Hazel
Horseradish
Akebia Quinata (chocolate vine) and the Alba one
shallots
rodgersia-any
bunchberry
phlox subulata any
thymus serpyllum coccineus
thymus praecox ruby glow
cardiocrinum giganteum
kolwitzia amabilis "Dream catcher"
geraniums-purple pillow, Alice, orion, orkney cherry,
espresso, rozanne, ballerina sandrine, patricia,
others
candy lily-Sangria, candylily
hibiscus Alma's Star
nigella Chocolate sundae
luecanthemum Gold Rush
achillea Tricolor
habenaria radiata-=egret flower
canna pink sunburst, Taney, others esp. white ones
penstemons-any
salvias-newer ones
jerusalem sage, kashmir sage
Any veggies-lettuces, chards, greens, eggplants, brussel sprouts, corn salads, winter squashes, summer squashes, etc.
golden beets
dianthus any
phlox paniculata-any but David's, Eva Cullam
any daylily named-esp. spiders, doubles, extra curly

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful thoughts and offers to help! I will just be starting my wintersowing over and some will just have to wait until I can refrigerate for the amount of time as not going to be long enough for some now, but I will be ok. My family and friends are all ok and that is the main thing!

Happy Birthday to all the other February Birthday People!!
melinda

o

Melinda, I'm glad you are ok! Hope you get cleaned up quickly. Will keep you in my prayers!
Happy Birthday to all the February babies!

Theresa

o

Okay, I got the page updated and now ALL the February birthday wishes are up in chronological order!

All February Birthday Wish Lists

Kim - Too cool! That had to be exciting already getting your first birthday card/present! WooHooo!

Blessings,
Angela

o

Kathy, I will email you the addresses right now...:) Fran

OPPS I forgot to put a subject!!!

o

Hi Fran,
I need the Feb. addresses too. Thanks so much.

Cindy : )

o

K Cindy, np...
:) Fran

o
Feb Address request

Hey Cindy,
I just sent it through GW, let me know if you don't get it...sometimes GW has issues.

Is there anyone else who needs the Birthday Address For FEB?
If so, just send me an email or post here, which ever....but I will prolly see it sooner if you email a request to me...

Thanks,

o

Fran, came through no problems.

Thanks!

o

Thanks to Medo...
Got your card today and the lavender Bee Balm seeds.
Thanks again,
Dorothy
Photobucket

o

************OK, HERE IS THE PINATA UPDATE************

THE PINATA BOX IS GOING TO COST EACH PERSON 10.80 FOR POSTAGE. SO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW BEFORE FRIDAY IF YOU WANT OUT, I NEED TO PUT A LIST INSIDE EACH BOX OF WHO TO MAIL TO NEXT. AFTER FRIDAY, NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO BACK OUT.

Markcase
riley17
chellflower
playintheyard
colcol
highalttransplant
proudgm_03
shropshire_lad
dan_the_mailman
ncgardengal
lindaruzicka
taz56
dirtdiggin
andreaz6wv
suze62
aphroditelaughs
flwrs4ever
Kamil

I wanted to update the list and make sure everyone is ok with the cost. I have put together TWO boxes, to make this go faster, but you will only be receiving one of them. They will be both starting out with the same items, and I cant wait to see how they end up !! I have been working hard on them, honest, and I hope you are happy with the items. I have spent over 50.00 to get them started...so I hope everyone will do there best to keep putting nice, and fun items in for the next people to enjoy. PLEASE ABSOLUETLY NOOOOOOOOOO SCENTED ITEMS !!!!!!!! ( OTHER THEN CANDY!)

PLEASE EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE IN, OR OUT.

PINATA WILL BE GOING OUT ON MONDAY !!!!!!!!!! LET THE FUN BEGIN !! i APOLOGIZE, for being behind, I had a rough week last week, and even tho I went out for a bit yesterday morning, I am still struggling a bit. I want to thank Fran, Sue and Angie for the help on the swap, and to you all for being SOO understand !!

There is a small "gift" for each of you in the pinata..SO PLEASE look for an Item with your name on it.

More info to come......

PS PLEASE keepy your Items to gardening items !! A few small Bday Items is ok, too but I really want this to be a gardening Pinata !!

o

I received a belated birthday card from Deb (godsgardener) and she sent me red, yellow and purple bell peppers! Yay!! Thank you so much! I can't wait to get these growing!

Kathy

o

I recieved my first Birthday card today from Taz56 (Susan)..
she sent a pretty card with mountains/flowers on it, and a nice spiritual birthday message. Enclosed were Hibiscus, Crepe Myrtle & Red Mandavilla seeds.....thank you so much Susan!!! I can't wait to start the seeds!

Happy Birthday to all fellow February babies!!!

Chell

o

Awwww your welcome for the card and seeds!! Talla helped with making the cards!!
I got an awesome card today from Kim today! i never really realized that her last name is the same as mine, LOL :'>
hubs goes is she realated?? as if? it'd be from his side **grinn**
the cute card say's "you say it's your birthday and you're expecting a bunch of presents?"
Didn't you run this same scam about a year ago? Happy Birthday
and she sent :

purple coneflower
feverfew
blackcherry tomatoes
freckles lettuce
scenic spinach
purple dragon carrot
purple morning glory

WOW!!! Thank you so much!!! this will be so ultra cool!! i can't wait to plant these!! Hugs ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: barehanded totally nutso gardener :'}}

o

It's soooo exciting to see everyone post their wishes being filled and the gifts that they were given. That last card was SO funny! Way to go, Kim! I love it!

Okay, off to pick who I'm going to be able to bless... I don't have many seeds as everything is tied up in swaps right now, but I am sure I can send to somebody at least!

Blessings,
Angela

o

medo, I love that card...too funny and so very cool! Kim, very cool...lol

I need to get on the ball and see who I can send to as well.

I still owe Lisa, ishareflowers a card....I will get it all together, I really will.

:) Fran the slacker

o

I got another card yesterday! It was from taz(sue), it had crape myrtle,hibiscus and mandevliia seeds. I cant wait to try the mandavilla! Thank you Sue.

Lisa

o

Moving us back to the top...:) Fran

o

okay, this is going to seem like a weird question...but did everyone receive my cards in January? I remember a few people mentioning it but I'm concerned because I mailed to everyone but I don't see them all posted..."worried about where they could be"

o

I mailed out to someone too I mailed 3 cards out but only remember seeing 2 ppl post.
I don't know where everyone is...would be nice to hear from folks...

o

I seem to remember getting mine from you, Linda. I'd have to go back to my cards- which I saved!- to be sure, but I'm rather sure I did :)

Kathy

o

Hey Medo, glad you like the card and seeds. I thought having the same last name was funny also...I'm glad you noticed. I sent out another card and cannot wait to see how she liked it...I'm not telling lol. Kim

o

Medo, I am gonna send you something but I want to wait so you will be getting something from me for your Bday, just not ON your bday ok? Just wanted you to know you have something coming and I haven't overlooked you.

o

I recieved another Birthday Card today!
This has been the best BD ever. Feb and still getting Cards! Love it! LOL

Thank you Deb (godsgardener) For the Beautiful Belated BD Card and seeds.
Columine Mckana's Giants and Ruby Port
Bee Balm pink/purple

Thank you so much,
Dorothy
Photobucket

o

Linda, HELLOOO... I got your card yesterday! It had a sheey of stickers,zinnia seeds and some homemade seed envies. Thank you Linda!

I also got a card from godsgardener(Deb) she sent balloon flower, bee belm and flamingo feathers. Thanks Deb, I really wanted those flamingo feathers!

I also got a card from Jaleesia(Kathy) and somehow forgot to thank her. She sent me ummmm, a few things that I must have already winter sown. Thank you kathy and I'm sorry that I forgot!!

I didn't get my February cards in the mail on Monday like I thought I would but 3 of the 6 went out yesterday. I have to go to the p.o. today to send the others.

o

I've sent out a few Birthday cards this week, but I think I just messed up on one that I sent out this morning. We have those community mailboxes that have the small slot on one side. Anyway, after I dropped Melinda's (ilovefarac's) bubble envie in the slot, I realized I only stuck 2 stamps on it, instead of three, which it probably needed. Please forgive me, Melinda! It was not my intention to send you something that required postage due.

Oh, and Plant-one-on-me, your card may be a couple days late, because you have a couple things on your wishlist that I happened to have ordered, but they haven't come in yet.

Bonnie

o

Got another awesome card yesterday, from Dorothy...she sent Dutchman's Pipe Vine, Mini Egg Gourds and a cute little Valentine card with a butterfly & flower on it.

Thank you for the sweet BDay gifts Dorothy!

Happy B'Day to all other February Gardening friends!
Chell

o

I got my first card today from Dorothy (Dimples)! She sent me a lovely card with a blessing in it, along with some Lavender Moonflower Vine (no, they're not on my list...but I'm going to love them!!!), and a cute little valentine of a rose that morphs into a ladybug!!! So cool!

Thanks Dorothy!

JJ

o

I also got a lovely card from Dorothy! And no they weren't on my list, but love the ones you sent! There are always tons I just don't know I want until I get them! Thanks also for the cute valentine card! Mine morphs into a beautiful butterfly! Thanks so much! Melinda

o

Oh, how exciting! And, the cards everyone is getting sound incredible all on their own! :-)

Blessings,
Angela

o

I plan on getting my cards send out Monday. I hope I have thanked everyone who sent to me. I kept my cards too :)
It really was like having a birthday all month long :)

Andrea

o

I posted on the Kids Birthday Extravaganza Swap that my grandson Cameron received a card and seeds from Elijah and Ezra c/o of their Mom highalttransplant. Just wanted to make sure that the thank you got noticed.

I sent a card to Tabor, but sent it to the wrong person, so it will be forwarded on and hopefully Tabor will be getting it soon. Sorry Tabor for being so late with your card!

I believe my grandson is the only kids Feb birthday. If not, could you please let me know any other kids that have Feb birthday's.
Thanks
Deb

Here is a link that might be useful: Kids Birthday Extravaganza

o

Got a card from Dimples[Dorothy] with DTURA LILAC LE FLEUR.DATURA UNKNOWN &CLEOME PINK AND A CUTE VLAENTINE
THANKS DOROTHY
TONI

o

yesterday I recieved a pretty card with embossed flowers on it from godsgardener (Deb). She sent Mandarin plant, large blue leaf hosta, butterfly pea vine and dutchmans pipe vine.
Thanks Deb!!!!
(PS. Tabor's card is being mailed today)

Happy Birthday all February gardeners!!!!
Chell

o

Your welcome Chell, and thanks for forwarding Tabor's card!

Happy
Birthday
to all you February birthdays!!

Deb

o

Got another wonderful birthday card and some jack in the pulpit seeds from Jaleeisa today! Thanks so very much! Melinda

o

Just got a pretty floral card from Jaleeisa (Kathy), with Coleus Pallisandra and Watermelon Moon & Stars.
Thank you very much Kathy!!!

Happy birthday to all February B'Day gardeners!!!

Chell

o

I would like to thank 2 more people for my birthday surprises...

Dorothy/dimples thank you for the nyagous and roma tomatoes (No I do not have those yet) and the pretty holographic caterpillar turning into a butterfly.

Yi/ wind red thank you for the kale and dragon tongue beans...the p.o. crushed a few of the beans but I have 6 left so I am sure they will give me lots of new beans to try out!!! Also thank you for the birthday wishes in Chinese? (I think)

Thank you both very much.

Kim

o

A big b-day "Thank You" goes out to Bonnie (Highalttransplant) today! She sent me a cute card and 3 of my wanted seeds! I got garlic chives, lemon balm, and even some rudbeckia cherry brandy (I know you bought some of the seeds, so a special thanks is in order for sharing!).

THANKS!

JJ

o

WoooHooo! I'm so excited! I got my first 2 cards today! It couldn't have come at a better time, either. I had a rough day, so it really brightened my day up! Now, I'm going to be mailboxing every day just in case! LOL

Kathy (jaleeisa) - Thanks so much for the Casaba Melon and Barberry Bush! I love both, but am especially excited about the Barberry Bush. I am going to go look at more pictures soon and read up more on them! From what I've read already, I know I'm going to LOVE having these in my yard!

Kim (plant-one-on-me) - Thanks so much for the Hyssop Blue Herb, Asparagus, and Celery Tall Utah! I'm sooo excited to get all these from you! I seriously thought I would never get the Celery! LOL! I think it's just great especially since you and I just recently were chatting about growing celery!

Wow! I am very pleased and very excited! I just nearly forgot how wonderful mailboxing was! Yippeeee! I can't wait to go to the mailbox again... hee hee... You guys are so wonderful! I am honored to be a part of this super special group of caring people to send gifts to all year!

Blessings,
Angela

o

have ALL the Feb Birthday Buddies, told us a little about themselves ?? Please tell us a little about ya...so we can ALL become better friends !! ( You dont have to tell us your secrets, UNLESS you really want to...LOL)

I wonder WHO will be getting a nice, filled, colorful box next week...hm...will it be YOU ???

I hope everyone will enjoy the "WARM UP" in the weather this weekend !! A taste of what is to come !

o

Angela I am so glad you got your card...yes I did remember you said you were having a hard time getting the celery :-)

BooHoo though, I work 12 hour shifts on the weekends so when I get outside it will be cold again.

Kim

o

Hi did the feb addresses go out or can someone send/forward to me thanks.

o

Okay, a little about myself...Hmmm.....

First off...I'm a bonafide plantaholic/seedaholic. Okay I've admitted my addiction and No, I do not care for any intervention....gardening is one Monkey I enjoy having on my back!!!! LOL. I do however get grumpy from withdrawals if I don't play in dirt at least once a week.

I'm fortunate enough to live in zone 8 where the weather's usually pretty mild, although here in Texas we have some erratic winters (ex. Ground Hog's Day had high of 69 and the day before was in 40s....been in 70s all this week though but very windy. Warmth here to stay? Who knows ?!?!)

I have two boys (okay, three counting Hubby!). Ages 4 & 8. Both enjoy starting seeds and cuttings. Our new love is Wintersowing, this is our first year at it and so far we have a few varieties sprouting. The kids and I enjoy making crafts and we all love to go camping whenever possible (yes, I keep pruning snips in the camper, and the truck, for when we venture upon plants that we don't have at home!).

We've been Going Green for some time now. Still always learning new ways to reduce & recycle. I make my own compost (seem to never have enough!) and use only organic fertilizers and homemade tonics/pesticides.

I'm self employed... started a Construction Cleanup business about a year ago -yes, I Clean Green also, LOL. I mainly clean commercial buildings... so even with our economic crunch so far no problems finding work (crossing fingers!). Its hard work, but I love having more control if I want to take a week off work occassionally.

I am sooo totally into Tropical plants!!! I have an indoor greenhouse and am planning to build a small outdoor greenhouse this year-finally! Hubby's happy about the GH too since I had to 'go vertical' this year to fit everything indoors for overwintering! (..Trying to convince him that we need a bigger house/yard...I think its working! LOL). I'm a newly practicing 'hydroponicist'
(hey I made up a new word!)... I got started at it last winter during a bad spell of cabin fever and it went well, but right now my hydroponic's area is full of overwintered tropicals so I can't yet set up for hydro growing again till spring.

..I think I'm starting to ramble-can't help myself-I could talk about gardening All Day Long!!! LOL

o

Chellflower - Wow! Awesome intro! I'm sure how you ever thought to start that business. It's very interesting. I'm glad it's going well for you.

o

I recieved a nice Goldfinch card todday from Bonnie (Highalttransplant)..she sent Amaranth Illumination and Crimson Clover. Two items from my wish list!! Thanks so much Bonnie..I'm off to WS the clover seeds now!...

Chell

o

Today I got a great card from Kathy (jaleeisa) who sent me birthday wishes, along with a real wish of mine: "Black Peony Poppy"! These are going to look great in my garden!
Thanks so much, Kathy!

JJ

o

I got a card from Kathy[jaleeisa] today, with corkscrew vine & rose moss.I will enjoy these in my garden .
Thank you Kathy
Toni

o

I am taking a quick minute before I leave for work to thank Kathy/Jaleeisa for th dayflower and the lemon cucumbers yeah.

And a big thanks to Lisa/ishareflowers for the edamame!!!

Kim

o

Happy Birthday, Shropshire_lad! Enjoy the Day!
Photobucket

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! to shropshire-lad! Hope you have a wonderful day! Melinda

I also want to thank chellflower for a lovely card and some rock rose seeds! I am thrilled! thanks so very Much!
Melinda

o

~HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOPSHIRE~

Lisa

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOPSHIRE!!!
Photobucket
Dorothy

o

***JANUARY BOOK KEEPING, PLEASE, PLEASE CHECK MY LIST*****

This is a list of who reported to me...IF YOU SENT and I do not have you on this list, or IF you are still in the swap, and took the month OFF PLEASE EMAIL ME !!!!

yotetrapper
markcase
dan_the_mailman
ncgardengirl
jaleeisa
plant-one-on-me
dimples31312
just1morehosta
dirtdiggin
margarita10
alwaysagarden
girlgardener_2007
sassybutteryfly_2008
lindaruzicka
nikkineel
suecirish
morguegirl
micyrey
highalttransplant
andreaz6wv
medontdo
carol57078
dirtduchess
proudgm_03
chellflower
shropshire_lad
aphroditelaughs
windred
dirtygert
mommyto2
riley17
dirtdiggin
divahthr
colcol
alwaysagardener
piksi_hk
taz56
zinaray

PLEASE contact me if you sent, or were just "off" for the month of Jan.
I need to keep good records, so I can report on the Rate and Review.

Thanks Sue, for helping this month keep records.

For the month of January we sent a total of 137 cards !!!

o

I want to drop in and give a belated Thank You to margarito for pansy/viola, orange cosmos, noah morning glory and passion flower seeds. Also to godsgardener. She sent to me amaranth bright red, small pink petunia, rasberry blast petunia, small purple petunia, purple and pink morning glory, and purple conflower seeds. Just think, spring is getting clooooser. Can't wait.

o

Happy Birthday Shopshire!!!!

Mark

o

Hey, JJ! I hope you're having a

Blessings,
Angela

o

I reported in but don't think I saw my name on there. I sent to all but one of the January BD's! Melinda

o

I sent you an email last month. I sent to everyone on the January bday list and all but 1 on the February list.

Lisa

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, Shropshire_lad! Please Tell us how you spent your special day! ;)
YOU are on my list to send BD greetings to. BUT, I just placed an order yesterday, so yours will be ... late, I'm afraid. BUT this way, your BD celebration will last longer! :)) And that is a good thing!

o

Lisa (had ya, just missed typing you) and Melinda, thanks ! I knew I was missing some people.

PLEASE send me an EMAIL, not post here, if I missed you...I dont want to fill the thread with record keeping.

o
happy birthday to you....

Birthday Pictures, Images and Photos

Shropshirelad, JJ, Wishing you A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH !!

I hope you have enjoyed your special day, and keep mailboxing !!

o

Happy Birthday Chell!!!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Dorothy
Photobucket

o

Hey, Chell! We're all wishing you a very:

Blessings,
Angela

o

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to You! I hope your day is a great one Chellflower! May you have many more! Melinda

o

Happy Birthday, Chellflower! Have a wonderful day!
Photobucket

o

Hello Everyone, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all of our February Babies!!!
I've just been reading the posts, catching up with who sent to who, who received what, and can't believe that no one baked a cake! What's up with that? Well, let's take care of that, right now, what do you say?
Birthday Cake Pictures, Images and Photos
This one's a nice yellow cake with mint-flavored icing, who wants a piece? Now, we all know you can't have cake without ice cream, so I brought along some mint chocolate-chip ice cream too...
refreshing mint and chocolate chip ice cream Pictures, Images and Photos

ENJOY!

-Dan

o

I have a wuestion about the pinata. How do we know who we are supposed to send it to or when we are getting it? Is there a list or anything that I missed somewhere?
Thanks,
Holly

o

Hmm, no cards in the mail today,but I do love the balloons, butterfly and rose cards y'all posted here.... and I have already gotten a few bday goodies last week.
Thanks so much for the warm Birthday wishes y'all, and thanks Dan, for the cake & ice cream! I like the 'floral' icing design..it really goes well with our swap theme. I'm so glad you're looking out for us to make sure everyone gets cake for their Bday!

Its raining so I can't play outside today even though temps are still near 70...s'pose to rain all day tomorrow too. Oh well, at least I have a good excuse this time for the bag of potting soil in the kitchen! Ain't the first time I've converted the kitchen island into a potting bench, LOL! (Hey, counterspace and a sink....looks like a 'gardener's' kitchen to me, LOL!).... If anyone needs me, I'll be busy all day playing in the dirt and starting seeds!

Happy BDay to all February bdays!!!
Chell

o

Happy Birthdays!!!

o

Yum Dan the cake looks wonderful.

A BIG thank you to Bonnie/highalt transplant for the wonderful seeds you sent...lemon cucumber, lobelia cardinalis and CHINESE RED NOODLE BEANS!!! Thank you so much and thank you also for trying to send the dragon tongue beans...I am so lucky that Yi (wind red) was able to send some but I really thank you for going out of your way trying to order them for me.

Cathy/Mao thank you for the wonderful card and I love the seed packets you made!!! I have to look up the flowers to see how beautiful they are...I don't know much about different flowers and and looking forward to trying some this year.

I want to thank everyone for making this a very special birthday. Kim

o

Thanks, Dan, for the cake! I won't gain any weight with that one as mint is not my favorite, so I'm very happy! LOL! You know what's funny? I actually get my husband mint ice cream on his birthday since he loves it and because I won't want any!

Chell - Thanks! I got some cape gooseberry and easter egg plant! Yea! The kids are going to love both of these plants!

Lisa (ishareflowers) - I was also very excited to get your birthday gifts. I really wanted those gourds, and I like your other pics for me very much as well! I received Hard-Shelled Corsican Gourd, Long Handle Dipper Gourd, Casaba Melon, Lovage, and Lobelia Cardinalis.

Thank you both so very much! You both sent some things I REALLY wanted!

Blessings,
Angela

o

Holly it will be a SURPRISE, and you will know who to send it, by the letter inside the box....OK ?

I have made a schedule we all are to follow in mailing it.It will all be expalined inside the box.

I thought it would be put items in box, and mail...I have spent hours on this...BUT I really think it will be a ton of fun...and hope you all enjoy the PINATA !!

o

Happy Birthday Chellflower!! :) Hope it has been a wonderful day for you!

~Wendy

o

Well, I feel like a dummy... I found 3 cards in my car. I haven't drove it for a couple of weeks b/c of weather. So today I got in and there they were!

Belated thank you to:

dirtdutchess,sassy butterfly and Linda. I thought I had mentioned everything as it came in.

Also, I have not sent my cards yet, but I am still sending to who I said I was :)

Thanks,
Andrea

o
Happy Bday

Birthday Pictures, Images and Photos

Chell, Wishing you a wonderful Birthday Month ! I hope some of your Wishes come true !

HUGS

Kym

o

Oh my gosh!! I am drooling all over the place! Dan those pics are fabulous! I have a weakness for anything mint and those look so scrumptious! Thanks so much for making me die for a piece of that cake! Lol!
I want to thank Lisa/ishareflowers for another BD card-she had already sent me one with monkshood! It is a beautiful card with flowers and butterfly on the front. And she sent lovage and borage both of which I wanted! Thanks again a million for them!
And now to Bonnie/highalttransplant--Thank you so much!! She sent a lovely card with these seeds--blackseeded simpson lettuce, cabernet delight lettuce, golden chard, golden beets, sunshine winter squash, golden scallop summer squash, penstemon pinifolius!!! I love them all as I have everyone who has sent to me!! I feel so special!
Thanks from the bottom of my heart to all the wonderful people here!!
And I guess I should say a little about myself! Many know me as I have been around awhile! But there are so many new and wonderful people here and I kinda stayed on the back burner for awhile.
I started in 2001 on GW. page says 2003 but that is when I changed my paragraph on there.
Gardening was something I did after my husband passed away in 1999. My mother started me doing it with her and then got me started wintersowing. I never traded for a seed or a plant that I didn't share with her and her with me! We did nursery trips together, planned our gardens in the winter together and generally spent many a year sharing our passion together! It was my valium and has been a wonderful thing for me! She passed on one of the most gorgeous days of spring in 2006. At first it seemed so ironic, but what better day for her to be better! I never see my yard without seeing the wonderful flowers she and I wintersowed that year and planted (many thanks to some wonderful people on GW esp. littleonefb/Fran). I miss her terribly and still have days I feel lost without her.
I am nurse by trade. Took a break from that when took care of my mother. Now I am a manager of store and several food franchises! Needed the break but what was I thinking! I work pretty much 24/7 until the last couple months and took leave of absence when got pneumonia and bone inflammation from fall 2 years ago! Going back in a week or so, so been doing alot of wintersowing and trading.
I have 2 grown children. 1 son who has a wonderful wife! And one fabulous granddaughter who is 12 going on 20!! They live about an hr. 15 min. from me. My daughter lives about 8 miles from me. She has a wonderful husband and 3 boys!! 6, 8, and 12! The 12 year old spends most of his time with me & the others do when they can-mostly all weekends! They keep me very busy!
I also raised my niece who is a Marine sargeant and is in Iraq and all over often! So the last years have stressed me some! LOL!
I love to garden and have so many favs it is hard to decide! I love iris and daylilies, which were also my mothers favs! I have sun areas, shade areas,etc. Do large veggie gardens. Going to be growing more herbs this year than in previous! love to experiment with cooking more and hope to use more in that!
I also make quilts. Used to sew alot of things but now just mainly quilts!
I also love to read-anything and everything pretty much!
Well, that is enough to bore anyone for now!
Again thanks so very much for wonderful birthday wishes and seeds from everyone so far! Greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Melinda

o

Happy Birthday Shropshire_lad!

I'm a day late, hope that's okay though.

o
RE: UPDATE: Another Feb Birthday!

Happy Birthday Chellflower!

o

I want to give a quick birthday shout-out to Chellflower and Plant-one-on-me:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

(I wish I could put fancy graphics but I don't know how.)

Hope you guys had great days!
JJ

o

Happy Birthday, Plant-one-on-me Kim! Have a terrific day!
Photobucket

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Plant-one-on-me! I hope it brings everything you want for a very special day! Melinda

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kim!!!
Hope you have a Great day!!!
Dorothy
Photobucket

o

Happy Birthday, Kim!

Blessings,
Angela

o

Thank you all for the beautiful birthday wishes. Besides all the wonderful seeds I have gotten so far, I got 2 things I really wanted...worms (long story on my blog about that) and I had my granddaughter over night and we are going to get outside and look around for things for our cuttings RR. Unfortunately I have to work the afternoon shift but at least the rest of the day looks good! Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: Check out my new blog!

o

I had a rather nice bday, despite the rainy weather yesterday....
I spent all day starting seeds with my 4 yr old. I even managed to move alot of overwintering tropicals out of the way and made room to start my hydroponics up again! My Mama stopped by for a visit and brought me a couple of nice 'garden theme' shirts (with flowers/one also has dragonflies on it). Hubby and the boys got me some really sweet bday cards, not to mention all of the Happy Birthday wishes from y'all here on the forum! Thanks for making my day!...Its nice having family and friends who support my habit, err hobby LOL!

Happy Birthday Wishes to all February bdays!
SmileyCentral.com

Chell

o

************Pinata Update**********

Ok, I have confirmation emails that they are still in from..

danthemailman
playintheyard
kamil
ncgardengal
dimples31312
colcol
riley17
lindaruzica
chellflower
taz56
andreaz6wv
highalttransplant

Not sure about.......

aphroditelaughs
suze62
dirtdiggin
proudgm
markcase

PLEASE look over the list, and IF I have missed you, PLEASE email me !!! ALSO the few I am unsure on, please email me, and let me know if you are ok with the 10.80 price on the box !!

Ok, boxes have been mailed, so keep an eye on your mailbox.

If you receive the PINATA, you MUST post, what you took out, (each item). Then email me for instructions.

There is a specific mail out date...and person to send to.

PLEASE follow the instructions, so this will work out the best it can !

When you mail the box, you will need to email me the DC#, do NOT post it here, as then they will know where it is going next.

OK ?? Let the Pinata Party BEGIN !!

o

I got a birthday card from Lisa[Ishareflowers] today with anemore bulbs. Thanks Lisa
I got a birthday card from Cathy[mao] today with gaillardia,red zinnia, four oclock-marvel of Peru, lavender breadseed poppy& datura- ballerine. Thanks Cathy
Toni

o

Ok I was asked for a PEAK into the PINATA box...So here it is......I have to tell ya, I had trouble SHUTTING them..LOL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

OK< OK........here is a little better one !!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

THAT IS ALL YA GET !!!!!!!!! TEE HEE !

I have had a lot of fun working on this, really HOPE you all will have a good time !

NOWWW, to see where it will land first.......

Happy Mailboxing !!

o
Happy Bday Kim

Kim Wishing you a very special day, and month...Happy Birthday ! I hope you were able to enjoy your time with Jordan !

Happy Birthday growing flowers Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Happy Birthay to you Kim...

Sorry I missed the others JJ and CHELL!!!! SO HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!
I have been busy working on the swap stuff....I hope you had good ones too.

o

Happy Birthday Kim! (plantoneonme)

o

Happy Birthday Kim (Plantoneonme)!!!!!

SmileyCentral.com

Chell

o

Happy birthday, Plantoneonme! And how did you spend your day? Sounds like chellflower had a pretty good day! Wish you could send some of that rain my way :)
I think I need to revise my wish list to "drought plants only!" HA!

o

Well how did I spend my day...

It started out very sweet. I had my granddaughter Jordan over last night and at the very first light she came to snuggle in my bed as she always does. She has always said since she could talk, "Gramma, its a beautiful day!" What a great way to wake up in the morning. Then we made pancakes for breakfast and read stories. She is only 4 but is beginning to read which is so cool since she gets so excited when she actually recognizes the words....anyway, we then went to Lowes where I purchased another grow light for starting seeds in a couple weeks. We then spent some time outside trimming the apple tree.

Then the day got boring because I had to work...no problem though since it was an extra day it was OT which we could really use. The best news of the day was my son finally won his appeal for unemployment and got his first check so I don't have to pay all their bills anymore (only a few now).

So it guess to some it would seem pretty boring but hey its my birthday and I had a good day. Thanks so much to all of you for making it special too. Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: Check out my new blog!

o

It's sounds like a GREAT day, Kim! Oh, and how wonderful that your son is doing so much better financially! I'm still keeping him in my prayers, but am very glad to hear the wonderful news. That's a great birthday present, too!

Blessings,
Angela

o

Happy Birthday all you other Febuary people!! WOOO HOOO another year added to our beautiful lives!! i don't know about ya'll, but i certainly do feel another year younger!! **big smile** at least that's what i'm telling myself every morning and everytime i wake up!! LOL
so far, here's what i've gotten:
from dimples" ( Just think, You're here not by chance, but by God's choosing. his hands formed you and made you the person you are. He compares you to no one else- you are one of a kind. you lack nothin that His grace can't give you. He has allowed you to be here at this time in history to fulfill His special purpose for this generation.) i absolutely love that!! she noticed i love hummingbirds and sent me some lavender moonvine seeds, Thank you so much!! Hugs

Taz56
sent the same exact card!! WOW!! where do ya'll get them?? ok, so i don't get that one, but something like them!! **smile**
she sent me some hibiscus, l mertal?, mandevilla and a pet for mason!! LOL he totally loves that!! thank you so much!! Hugs

cindy
she did send a card, but as some of you do know, talla is a theif, and LOVES all cards!! well, this one, i did not manage to keep!! it musta been a color she absolutely loved or something!! LOL
bells of ireland
red bleeding heart
i love the little baggies!! they are just cute!! thank you so much!!
Hugs

ishareflowers
Happy birthday
a mouse on a mushroom writing a letter, its just cute!!
white datura
lavender datura
black currant swirl datura
WoW!! Thank you :')
Hugs

chell
cute little bird sitting on a grass leaf with flowers
red trumpetvine?
white datura angel trumpet
and this adorable 3d like thing you turn and it changes pics!! talla took over that right away, but amazingly she asked!! and said please!! WOOO HOOOO!!! we have manners!! **big smile**
thank you so much!! Hugs

and last but not least!! this one is so unique!! i absolutely LOVE it!! it made my day!! its from wind-red,
they they said happy birthday in their language!! WOW i was so impressed!! i thought it was the absolute neatest thing!!
they sent
snowball cauliflower, waltham 29 broccoli,
early jersey cabbage, long island improved brussel sprouts, purple romance hollyhock
Thank you so much!! Hugs!! this will be a great garden!! with that and the spinach!! :')

THE FUNNY:
as soon as hubs gets MY pc fixed or i get a new one, well what i call a new one, (new to me) i have to show ya'll some awesome pics!! mason (our dog 9 1/2 mo) absolutely LOVES our lopped eared rabbit, and what's amazing to me is that she loves him too!! ever since we started letting them two hang out together, now she licks our nose!! LOL (the rabbit) its so funny!! they just snuggle up together! and last night when i put snowy clowy up, mason lightly grabbed ahold of her leg with his teeth, but it was ever so lightly!! it was the neetest thing i'd seen!! :')

THE BAD:
then remember i'd said that the doc's at my place had said i was "bipolar" ? well, then i was thinking maybe it could be thyroid and diabetes, since my mom has both? well, we thought we'd ruled out the diabetes since i had took the two hour test and it was a negative, well, then i remembered that when i took my meds i also took my chromium picolnate, which also lowers your blood sugars. and that was during the first 15 min of the test. so now i have to retake that test. only now we are going to go to his docs because they are not gov funded. so with all this and me being tired all the time, i've kinda been out of it the past few weeks!! and after breakfast this morning, it was 158 after 2 hrs!!! ****EEKS**** so i'm like seriously freaking here. for me!!

ok, onto

THE AWESOME:
last night we decided to take the kids with us for our birthday dinner!! and we trusted mason by his self alone at the house!! we went to El Mes Cal sp? it was great!! hubs got somekinda big burrito and for a change was happy!! LOL talla got the usual, nacho's and chips w chees!! is there anything other!! **sigh** and tabor had this burrito real, i don't really know what that consists of, but he BARELY finished it!! WOW for him!! i had a nacho supreme with cheese and a side of 1 chile relle sp. brought most of it home, but i really did want it!! LOL i knew that i would bring it home, but i wanted both!!! **big smile**
when we got home, mason did not tear up anything in the house, AND he didn't pee or poo in the house!! i was sooooo proud of that little (big) guy!! LOL
i better get to vacuuming this floor again!! LOL they brought mud into the house again!! LOL i told them i pass up the dyson for a carpet cleaner, i'll get the dyson another time!! right now i have the NOISIEST vacuum!! i think it's even noisier than a shop/vac!! LOL **grin** Hugs ~Medo

o

OH, I'm glad you brought that up, Medo! I forgot to say how wonderful the little gift from Chell was. I forget what you call those things that you turn and see cool things in. I loved it, too!

I didn't get to my mailbox yesterday, but I did today. Here's what I got with my mailboxing:

Suecirish: Thanks, Sue for the medicinal herbs! I'm going to grow both the Feverfew and Valerian with excitement! The card was just my style, too!

Blessings,
Angela

o

Happy Birthday Kim!!

o

I hope everyone checks their mailboxes today....I have seen one has landed in the town it is going to...

Happy Mailboxing !!

Ohhh, I hope ya like what is in there, minus the 40 packs of seeds I forgot to add...LOL

o

Happy Birthday all you Feb. b-day buddy's! I just finished my getting together your cards. Please excuse the handwriting it's not very pretty to begin w/ but now I have to move the paper not my hand. Really they are messy good luck reading them lol.

Seems like everyone is enjoying b-day extravaganza & now we have the Boxes arriving!

Happy Mailboxing Annette

o

The PINATA
IS HERE...

WOOHOOO, I have removed
a purple windchime
a pack of birthday stickers
purse note cards
Plant markers
It was so fun looking through the box!!!!
I will mail it out as soon as Kym tells me I can.

Fran

o

Ok, I know I haven't posted in a few days but I'm here now to give some thank-you's!

First I'd like to thank Cathy (Mao) for the card and 5 packets of seed she sent: Hibiscus Blue River 2 (I really wanted these!), Dinnerplate Hibiscus (I love those!), four o'clocks, burgundy gaillardia (can't wait to try!), and Intense Purple Amaranthus! I actually received these a few days ago and am sorry I didn't post as soon as I got them to let you know they arrived. I must add that I LOVE your handmade seed envelopes...they are just beautiful!

Next I'd like to thank my "GardenWeb buddy" Sue (suecirish) for her card, the Garlic Chives (one of my wishes!), and the Red Feathers Poppy (I have seen these and I can't wait to see them in my garden!). Your seeds definitely have me "thinking spring"-- it is almost here, YAY!

From Toni (zinaray), I got a card with Tulip Poppies, Star of Yelta morning glory (oooo so pretty!), and Violas (commercial seed pack -- thanks so much!). Thanks for thinking of me on my birthday, Toni! I love the seeds!

And last but not least, I got such a pretty floral card from Cindy (alwaysagarden). She sent Red Peony Poppies and Double Shirley Poppies! I just fell in love with poppies a few months ago and now my garden will be full of them! Thanks so much!

As for me, I have yet to send out my cards to some of you February babies, but I will get to it as soon as possible. I regret the delay, but the past few days have been terrible for me. My sweet kitty became sick at Christmastime and she is now dying. She has been my faithful best friend for the past 20 years and I am heartbroken trying to come to terms with it. Your seeds and card are so much more appreciated considering my circumstance, as they bring some much-needed happiness to these sad days. I promise to type a little about myself on here when I get the time. Again, thanks so much to you all!

JJ

o

Happy Birthday February Babies! I am sad to report that I am also running late on sending cards. I am DETERMINED to get them out soon. I have next week off so if not by the weekend, I will at least have them mailed out next week. I hope everyone is enjoying their birthday surprises! February is a great month to receive seeds, don't ya think? I am ooohing and aahing at all the new seed racks hitting the stores. Nikki

o

JJ, I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. Just want you to know I feel your pain...its been 5 months since I lost my dog, Stormi Rayne to thyroid cancer, and I still miss her and think of her alot (when it rained the other night I kept thinking 'I need to let Stormi in the house' and then I'd remember she's not here). After more than ten years with her (I'd never before been owned by a pet for so long) I've gotten so used to taking care of her that its taking some time to let go completely. But time DOES heal.... I know the Lord needed her back for a special reason, and her pain is gone. Just be grateful for being blessed for so many years with your kitty (lots of memories) and spoil her with love while she's still with you! She's very lucky to own a human that loves her so much!

Chell

o

JJ I am sorry to hear about your kitty. I had to put down my Elsa last fall due to bone cancer which ate away her bottom jaw. My daughter is a vet tech and we were able to take her to where she worked and were with her at the end. My daughter then surprised me with her ashes later. I know this may sound really gross but I wanted to do something in her memory and I found a really pretty stepping stone mold with an angel kitty with its paw around another kitty. I took some of Elsa's ashes and mixed them with concrete and made stones for my daughter and myself to put in our gardens. Now when I am out looking at my flowers I have something to remember her by.

I hope the time you have left with her will help you through. Kim

o
Pinata box #2

SmileyCentral.com

arrived in Texas today!!!!

My 4 yr old, Logan, got upset cause the box was addressed to me (he'd helped Daddy answer the door when the USPS delivered it), so I let him go through the contents with me.

Logan picked out B'day stickers - for himself!
And (since 4 yr olds don't believe Mommy's can choose for ourselves), he helped me pick out:

Hollyhock -peaches & dreams
Wood anemone
mex. shellflower
mousepad calendar
plant markers w/pen
small notepad

We had soo much fun going through the box! Now we get to shop tomorrow for items to put back in- Logan is really excited about that!!!

Kym, we ALL liked the *special* gift from you! Thanks again for hosting such a fun swap!

Chell

o

Chell wasn't some of that stuff just too cool. I LOVED going through it! It was so much fun...some very neat items in there.
I love that graphic you added up there too cute! And so right for the Pinata post...lol

Thanks Kym so much for putting that together!

o

Happy Birthday, Medo!!!! I hope you have a great day!

o

Happy Birthday Medo!! I have a bday package almost ready for your mailbox, but I will not be able to mail it until the end of next week. Think it will be worth the wait though :-)Big Hugs and many blessings!!

o

Happy Birthday to MEDO!!!! You'll be getting a birthday surprise from me soon lol!

JJ

o

Thank you!! awww i feel so blessed to have so many great friends!! hubs woke me up this morning a little after 12 to tell me happy birthday!! we have always done this since we have been together, even when he was working overnights, i'd call him and tell him happy birthday.
i have sent off everyone's envi's :') well hubs did!!
and yes beth, i think it will worht the wait!! well, i know it will!! **big smile** you know me!!
talla loves looking at that ladybug windchime!! i had to put it up, she wanted that so bad!! LOL i said NO WAY!! **big grin** but the one thing, mason got ahold of, and she told him NO!!! that is for my fairies!! and gave him a bone, he's "supposed" to be potty trained, "ya right" some day's i want to spank his but!! ahhhhh...... i know, there is no bad dog, only a bad parent!! but he is blue ribbon certified! and he is good, and he loves the rabbits. and he loves to snuggle with snowy clowy, that is so cool!!

ok, here's the mailboxing!!
hubs checked the mail today, he said, what?? no one loves me?? ahhhhh.....MEN!!!

suecirish sent me a beautiful card that has a white daisy whti butterfly and some other pretty flowers and the card is shaped pretty!! on the inside it say's (wishing you all the beautiful moments of a perfect day) that is so cool!!
she sent
platycodon grandeflores- balloon flower "mariesii" blue
foxglove- sutton's apricot
Thank you so much!! i love both of these so much!! how they look on the images!!

threas sent me a pretty card and o the inside it says todays the day to celebrate you and all the wonderful things you do enjoy your special day.
she sent
purple perilla
purple hyacinth bean
foxglove blooms 1st year pink w maroon
i'm gonna love these!! thank you so much!! and i love this card too!! how many times do we get to celebrate us and what we do?? LOL

carol sent me you are a special person created by an awesome God.....(on the inside) and its great to be a part of your life. wishing you a very happy birthday.
she sent
columbine: purple and yellow
pink and white
mixed
WOW thank you!! i love the look of columbine!! i wanted some of these!! and i love the card too!! I totally believe God is an awesome God!! WOO HOOOO!!! ***big smile** Thank you so much!!

michelle sent a homemade card which looks awesome!! guess who is NOT getting this?? **onery grin** it has a heart and a bunch of flowers and wow is it pretty!!
she sent
yellow yarrow
yellow foxglove
blue delphinium
tricone sp?? delphinium
i can't wait to plant these!! WOOO HOOO!!! yes!! today i am very excitable!! but it beats the other days!! Hee Hee!!
at least i feel something, LOL **big smile** thank you so much michelle!! i think you actually read my wants!! **onery smile**

ok, now that i was onery for a second......

zinaray sent me a cute card that says may life always bring a little sunshine and lots of laughter!!
and the seeds are:
hummingbird bush: flame ancanthus: desert honeysuckle Perennial
Purple bellflower??
blackprince snapdragon
WOW thank you so much!! these are so beautifull
thank you so much for sending me these!!

i like to put the sayings on the cards down because they are so cool, and sometimes they are just hitting home!! LOL
i hope ya'll have a great day!!
we just found out today that because of hubs's "schedualed injurary" that workmans comp won't pay for his day's off. only his medical bills. ohhh boy!! so now he has to use his sick leave and something else. so now we can't go and visit my dad and them in april for the rodeo. that just majorly sucks!!! all of the rest of the family is gonna be there. booo hoooo!!! ok, done bawling!! **smiling again** Hugs ~Medo

o

I got a card from suecirish[Sue] today with zinnia-bernary's giant & campanula- canterbury bells, I really wantrd these, thanks Sue
Toni

o

Happy Birthday Medo!

o

Happy Birthday Medonto! Hope it was all you hoped for!

I have some wonderful people to thank for their bd cards they sent to me!
One from Micyrey- beautiful handmade one with hearts and seeds! I loved them all!
One from Zinaray with swiss chard, butternut squash, and viola penny sunrise!!
One from Carol 57078. It has beautiful lily seeds and she even sent a beautiful pic of them! Also had sapligossis and scarlet penstemon! Wonderful!
One from Threas with siberian iris and japanese iris!! I am thrilled!
Everyone I thank you from the bottom of my heart! They were greatly appreciated and wonderful seeds!
Melinda

o

Hey Medo,
Happy Birthday! Hope its a great one!
Photobucket

o

I got two cards today!!!!

Toni (zinaray) sent a cute card with 'critters bringing gifts' on it, and two items from my want list - Geranium paintbox mix and Coleus rainbow mix ....awesome!!

Theresa (threas) sent a pretty floral card, and also two items from my want list! - Watercress and Thalia Delbata -just in time for my new pond!!!

Thank you both so much ...you girls ROCK!!!!

Chell

o
Happy Birthday!!!

Medo,

SmileyCentral.com

Hope you have a Wonderful Day!!!!

((Hugs))
Chell

o

I wish I could reach out and give all of you a great big hug...not a cyber hug but a great big, put my arms around ya hug. You all have made this the most special birthday I can remember. I really wish I could adequately express how blessed I feel.

I would like to also thank suecirish for the wonderful blue flowers she sent me platycodon gradiflorus, balloon flower Mariesii and centaurea montana, mountain bluet. I really wanted blue flowers and now I have a few more.

Micyrey sent me a beautiful homemade card with sparkly hearts...I like sparkly and some wonderful flowers of Ratibida Mexican hat and echinacea tennesseenis along with bronze fennel for the swallow tail butterflies.

Ellie/aphroditelaughs sent me my mostest (can I say mostest?) wanted seeds of Mexican sour gherkin!!! She also sent me dragon's tongue beans and black jet soybeans along with a really nice card which says I hope these seeds brighten your garden and nourish your soul...that is so nice since I am not only feeding my body but my soul as well.

Again I cannot express enough how very special all of you have made me feel. I can actually feel the love radiating out of my computer. Kim

o

i know that feeling Kim!! its so nice to know that people put time into what they send you and not just throw seeds together! ya know! You can always feel the love!!
i think you can say mostest!! that is a word i grew up with that my mom told me over and over was absolutely NOT a word, i tell my kids it means the very best!! my mom just looks and kinda grins. LOL i just wanted to look and see what everyone else got and see what some seeds are for!! LOL like the bronze fennel i didn't know it was for that!! LOL Hugs ~Medo

o

o

Happy Birthday Michele!! Have a wonderful day.
Carol

o

Happy Birthday Medo!
Dorothy
Photobucket

o

Happy Birthday Zinaray!!!
Dorothy
Photobucket

o
RE: UPDATE: Birth day Extravaganza Feb Swap #2

Happy Valentines Day!!!!
Dorothy
Photobucket

o

Happy Valentines Day to Everyone!

o

o

I've got to tell you guys, it's good to read these threads when things are going wrong, or you're just having a really bad day. With all the warm wishes for one another, and sharing of truly cool days, this swap has been a real pick-me-up for me this month. So, even though y'all didn't know it, you've been helping me to "keep my head above the water". I'd originally planned on getting away on a bit of a trip this month, sort of a time to escape from everything that's gone on these past few months. But, in the first few days of February, I got some bad news about a situation which is still slowly resolving itself, though we don't know yet which direction the resolution is taking. So, here I am, still at home, waiting, wondering, and occasionally going a little crazy from worry. I've visiting this and other threads more lately, reading all the commentary though not always posting something myself. So, keep up the banter. For some of us out here, you all are a good dose of therapy and goodness, helping us cope even when you don't know it.
-Dan

o

Happy Birthday, Toni!!!!

I sent this one because of all the hearts on it as well.... So, Happy Valentine's Day to you as well, and to everyone!

Blessings,
Angela

o
Re: UPDATE: Birthday Extravaganza Feb Swap #2

Awwww... Dan... I want to give you a real hug, but hopefully this one (((((HUGS))))) will come true as real as possible! Reading what everyone writes touches me greatly, too. I feel just like Kim said... I can't say it any better... I've gone through so much this last year and didn't find you guys/gals until around August/September. I don't know what I would have done without this site being a place for me to escape and the love from you all is very real to me....

I came back from mailboxing to be blown away once again... you guys/gals make my eyes water up... you're just amazing.... I received so much that makes my birthday month special to me... the words you write in the cards, the little things you say on the forum... Wow...

I have a special thank you to say to Theresa (threas - and yes, I knew it was you! LOL) and to Ellie (aphroditelaughs) for the wonderful birthday cards and gifts they sent my way. It truly touches my heart!

Ellie (aphroditelaughs) - What an awesome homemade (I think) paper card with a sweet note inside! I've never gotten a handmade paper card before! It was really cool! You could see a sprig of something in it that really emphasized this being a gardener's birthday card! I really appreciate all you sent: Scarlet Runner Beans, Baby Corn, Hooker's Sweet Corn, Fernleaf Dill, Calendula, Romanesco Artichoke, & Santo Cilantro! WoWWeee!! I am in awe... Thank you SO very much for these absolutely wonderful additions to my garden! I'm especially excited that the Artichoke is FROM Siena, Italy! I am so excited also to see many of my wants in there.

Theresa (threas) - You are so dear to my heart, girl. Thank you for the lovely card and what you wrote. I want to drive right over and give you a big hug back! Thanks so much for the Goji Berry, Purple Prairie Clover, Artemisia Absinthium (Wormwood), AND the organic Sea Kelp! I'm sooo excited to have everything, but especially excited about the Sea Kelp because you had to be reading my mind! I've been wanting to try that on my plants. Thanks also for sending the best printed info for me, which is just SO thoughtful. I can't wait to plant and use everything!

I've heard so many of my birthday buddies say this was their best birthday ever.... I totally agree... I gave up a long time ago on really having special birthdays, but you guys/gals blow me away! This has made me feel so cared for and appreciated and just plain special... Okay, no joke, I'm balling like a baby, so I'm gonna quit typing now... I love you all SO much!

Blessings,
Angela

o

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!
And a Big Happy Birthday to Zinaray!
May everyone have a blessed and wonderful day!
And I agree with Dan and Angela! I have been uplifted tremendously by the generosity and loving that everyone sends to all! Reading all the posts and things has also uplifted several of my bad days!! Thanks, Melinda

o

You guys are sooo welcome! Have wonderful birthdays & a loving Valentine's day! I can't wait until today is over!lol
In case you didn't know, I work at a flower shop. Yikes!

Theresa

o

Happy Birthday, Zinaray - Toni! Have a wonderful day!
Photobucket
And hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day, too! My present from my DH was a hand-built grow-light shelf system for starting my seedlings inside. It's wonderful - DH is still a keeper after 33 years!

o

Happy Birthday, Zinaray - Toni!

o

I told you guys it was like having a birthday all month long :)

Andrea

o

Happy Birthday Zinaray!!!! I hope you have a wonderful combo Birthday/VAlentine's DAy!!!!!

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Happy Valentines Day all!! But especially to Dan! i know that i did quit MNF a little befor anything, but i know things have been alot tough for you lately! and i just want to give you a big hug for hanging in there. you are an amazingly rich in warmth hearted person!! i know what i want to say, (you know how i am, always screwing words up!! **big grinn**) but i just love ya!! (((hugz)))
i just know that God will do a real blessing in your life!! :')
Fran i was wondering if you had enough of them beans mix so i could have some too??
Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes!! it went pretty great!! we spent all day together and snuggled and watched movies and well it was just great to spend time with all 4 of us!! :')
Happy birthday zinaray and ilovefarce!! i know yours is tomarow but just in case i don't get back to here till after then!! i can't wait to hear about how you spent some of it!!
ohhh and i can't wait to hear how some of you did some of your valentines!!!! WOO HOOO!!! like roses?? or chocolates or something like that. or snuggling. that's always my favorite. because my hubs is not a snuggler. he say's my bodyheat is to hot for him and i smother him out. OOPS!!! LOL **big grinn** what would be nice is a fireplace and watching a fire and a nice blanket and cuddle time, just watching the fire. WOW that would be so cool!! LOL ~Medo
ohhh and a nice glass of wine, yep!! LOL **onery grinn**

o

I'm way behind on getting my cards out. I'm working on getting caught up. I wanted to pop in and wish all of the January babies and the first half of the February babies a Happy Belated Birthday.

Pat

free myspace graphics :: myspace images :: myspace pictures free myspace layouts
Hot Myspace Comments / Adultfriender

o

Theresa - I didn't know you work in a flower shop... Oh, you poor gal... I hope you have a nice evening after work!

Sue - That man of yours really knows the way to his woman's heart! Yea! That's awesome!

As for my Valentine's Day, I get to pick up two fruit trees from Wal-Mart. They had them for $18, and most of them were about 10 foot tall! Oh, I'm so excited! I don't know, but maybe I'll get fruit from them in 2 - 3 years. What do you all think?

Blessings,
Angela

o

Yeah! I got another birthday card today from Suecirish!! Thanks so very much! Had first frost hosta and golden jubilee agastache in it! Thanks so much! Loved them all!
Wow, I wish our Wal-Mart had trees in yet. I am looking for some pecan, almond, and hazelnut trees this year! But doubt if will find them there. Probably have to order.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Melinda

o

SmileyCentral.com

Happy Birthday Zinaray!!!! Hope its awesome!

I had a great mailboxing experience today!!! I recieved some seeds that I thought I hadn't even ordered yet! ( I get loopier with each passing bday! but I'm not quite 'dimented' yet! LOL). I also recieved 3 Bday envies!!!....

Ellie (aphrodite laughs) sent a homemade card (looks like she made the paper too! How cool!) with Dutchman's Pipe Vine, Moons & Stars watermelon, Wisteria Blue caroline and Cherimoya (A BIG want from my list!!!!)

Michelle (micyrey) also sent an adorable handmade card (I love handmade gifts!!!)..red with red/white gingham hearts and a cute ceramic heart attached (Hmmm, wonder if Michelle does scrapbooking?!?). She sent Pansy clear crystal mix, salvia rose queen (should look great in my cactus garden!) and ox-eye daisy.

Sue (suecirish) sent a nice green card with dragonfly/flowers, watering can and garden tools and a sweet bday message. Inside were two more from my want list-Coleus 'King Mosaic'(very cool looking!) and
Geranium 'Reflections'

Wow! What a great Valentine's Day! I couldn't be happier if hershey bars grew on trees! Thanks so much for all of the wonderful seeds !!!!! This is the best swap I've ever joined!!! Its nice to have so many wonderful, caring friends all on one forum!!!I feel so blessed I think I'm gonna cry (..tears of JOY!) SmileyCentral.com

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!
SmileyCentral.com

SmileyCentral.com

Chell

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here