Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Birthday Extravaganza Feb Swap #2

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

This is for the Birthday Seed Extravaganza Swap !! Happy Birthday to All of Our Febuary Birthday Buddies !!!

Shropshire_lad Feb 8

Chellflower Feb 9

Plant-one-on-me February 10

medontdo Feb 13

zinaray Feb 14

ilovfarac Feb 15

Angelady Feb 18

Please post here when you receive a card, or just to chat, Fran has the address list for this month, and PLEASE email SUE your list of who you are sending to, or If you are taking the month off. THANKS AGAIN for the help, and the get well wishes, doing a bit better today !

Comments (151)

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Happy Birthday Kim! (plantoneonme)

Cindy : )

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Kim (Plantoneonme)!!!!!

Chell

• colcol
    15 years ago

Happy birthday, Plantoneonme! And how did you spend your day? Sounds like chellflower had a pretty good day! Wish you could send some of that rain my way :)
    I think I need to revise my wish list to "drought plants only!" HA!

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

Well how did I spend my day...

It started out very sweet. I had my granddaughter Jordan over last night and at the very first light she came to snuggle in my bed as she always does. She has always said since she could talk, "Gramma, its a beautiful day!" What a great way to wake up in the morning. Then we made pancakes for breakfast and read stories. She is only 4 but is beginning to read which is so cool since she gets so excited when she actually recognizes the words....anyway, we then went to Lowes where I purchased another grow light for starting seeds in a couple weeks. We then spent some time outside trimming the apple tree.

Then the day got boring because I had to work...no problem though since it was an extra day it was OT which we could really use. The best news of the day was my son finally won his appeal for unemployment and got his first check so I don't have to pay all their bills anymore (only a few now).

So it guess to some it would seem pretty boring but hey its my birthday and I had a good day. Thanks so much to all of you for making it special too. Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: Check out my new blog!

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

It's sounds like a GREAT day, Kim! Oh, and how wonderful that your son is doing so much better financially! I'm still keeping him in my prayers, but am very glad to hear the wonderful news. That's a great birthday present, too!

Blessings,
    Angela

• medontdo
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday all you other Febuary people!! WOOO HOOO another year added to our beautiful lives!! i don't know about ya'll, but i certainly do feel another year younger!! **big smile** at least that's what i'm telling myself every morning and everytime i wake up!! LOL
    so far, here's what i've gotten:
    from dimples" ( Just think, You're here not by chance, but by God's choosing. his hands formed you and made you the person you are. He compares you to no one else- you are one of a kind. you lack nothin that His grace can't give you. He has allowed you to be here at this time in history to fulfill His special purpose for this generation.) i absolutely love that!! she noticed i love hummingbirds and sent me some lavender moonvine seeds, Thank you so much!! Hugs

Taz56
    sent the same exact card!! WOW!! where do ya'll get them?? ok, so i don't get that one, but something like them!! **smile**
    she sent me some hibiscus, l mertal?, mandevilla and a pet for mason!! LOL he totally loves that!! thank you so much!! Hugs

cindy
    she did send a card, but as some of you do know, talla is a theif, and LOVES all cards!! well, this one, i did not manage to keep!! it musta been a color she absolutely loved or something!! LOL
    bells of ireland
    red bleeding heart
    i love the little baggies!! they are just cute!! thank you so much!!
    Hugs

ishareflowers
    Happy birthday
    a mouse on a mushroom writing a letter, its just cute!!
    white datura
    lavender datura
    black currant swirl datura
    WoW!! Thank you :')
    Hugs

chell
    cute little bird sitting on a grass leaf with flowers
    red trumpetvine?
    white datura angel trumpet
    and this adorable 3d like thing you turn and it changes pics!! talla took over that right away, but amazingly she asked!! and said please!! WOOO HOOOO!!! we have manners!! **big smile**
    thank you so much!! Hugs

and last but not least!! this one is so unique!! i absolutely LOVE it!! it made my day!! its from wind-red,
    they they said happy birthday in their language!! WOW i was so impressed!! i thought it was the absolute neatest thing!!
    they sent
    snowball cauliflower, waltham 29 broccoli,
    early jersey cabbage, long island improved brussel sprouts, purple romance hollyhock
    Thank you so much!! Hugs!! this will be a great garden!! with that and the spinach!! :')

THE FUNNY:
    as soon as hubs gets MY pc fixed or i get a new one, well what i call a new one, (new to me) i have to show ya'll some awesome pics!! mason (our dog 9 1/2 mo) absolutely LOVES our lopped eared rabbit, and what's amazing to me is that she loves him too!! ever since we started letting them two hang out together, now she licks our nose!! LOL (the rabbit) its so funny!! they just snuggle up together! and last night when i put snowy clowy up, mason lightly grabbed ahold of her leg with his teeth, but it was ever so lightly!! it was the neetest thing i'd seen!! :')

THE BAD:
    then remember i'd said that the doc's at my place had said i was "bipolar" ? well, then i was thinking maybe it could be thyroid and diabetes, since my mom has both? well, we thought we'd ruled out the diabetes since i had took the two hour test and it was a negative, well, then i remembered that when i took my meds i also took my chromium picolnate, which also lowers your blood sugars. and that was during the first 15 min of the test. so now i have to retake that test. only now we are going to go to his docs because they are not gov funded. so with all this and me being tired all the time, i've kinda been out of it the past few weeks!! and after breakfast this morning, it was 158 after 2 hrs!!! ****EEKS**** so i'm like seriously freaking here. for me!!

ok, onto

THE AWESOME:
    last night we decided to take the kids with us for our birthday dinner!! and we trusted mason by his self alone at the house!! we went to El Mes Cal sp? it was great!! hubs got somekinda big burrito and for a change was happy!! LOL talla got the usual, nacho's and chips w chees!! is there anything other!! **sigh** and tabor had this burrito real, i don't really know what that consists of, but he BARELY finished it!! WOW for him!! i had a nacho supreme with cheese and a side of 1 chile relle sp. brought most of it home, but i really did want it!! LOL i knew that i would bring it home, but i wanted both!!! **big smile**
    when we got home, mason did not tear up anything in the house, AND he didn't pee or poo in the house!! i was sooooo proud of that little (big) guy!! LOL
    i better get to vacuuming this floor again!! LOL they brought mud into the house again!! LOL i told them i pass up the dyson for a carpet cleaner, i'll get the dyson another time!! right now i have the NOISIEST vacuum!! i think it's even noisier than a shop/vac!! LOL **grin** Hugs ~Medo

15 years ago

OH, I'm glad you brought that up, Medo! I forgot to say how wonderful the little gift from Chell was. I forget what you call those things that you turn and see cool things in. I loved it, too!

I didn't get to my mailbox yesterday, but I did today. Here's what I got with my mailboxing:

Suecirish: Thanks, Sue for the medicinal herbs! I'm going to grow both the Feverfew and Valerian with excitement! The card was just my style, too!

Blessings,
    Angela

• carol57078
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Kim!!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I hope everyone checks their mailboxes today....I have seen one has landed in the town it is going to...

Happy Mailboxing !!

Ohhh, I hope ya like what is in there, minus the 40 packs of seeds I forgot to add...LOL

• playintheyard
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday all you Feb. b-day buddy's! I just finished my getting together your cards. Please excuse the handwriting it's not very pretty to begin w/ but now I have to move the paper not my hand. Really they are messy good luck reading them lol.

Seems like everyone is enjoying b-day extravaganza & now we have the Boxes arriving!

Happy Mailboxing Annette

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

The PINATA
    IS HERE...

WOOHOOO, I have removed
    a purple windchime
    a pack of birthday stickers
    purse note cards
    Plant markers
    It was so fun looking through the box!!!!
    I will mail it out as soon as Kym tells me I can.

Fran

• shropshire_lad
    15 years ago

Ok, I know I haven't posted in a few days but I'm here now to give some thank-you's!

First I'd like to thank Cathy (Mao) for the card and 5 packets of seed she sent: Hibiscus Blue River 2 (I really wanted these!), Dinnerplate Hibiscus (I love those!), four o'clocks, burgundy gaillardia (can't wait to try!), and Intense Purple Amaranthus! I actually received these a few days ago and am sorry I didn't post as soon as I got them to let you know they arrived. I must add that I LOVE your handmade seed envelopes...they are just beautiful!

Next I'd like to thank my "GardenWeb buddy" Sue (suecirish) for her card, the Garlic Chives (one of my wishes!), and the Red Feathers Poppy (I have seen these and I can't wait to see them in my garden!). Your seeds definitely have me "thinking spring"-- it is almost here, YAY!

From Toni (zinaray), I got a card with Tulip Poppies, Star of Yelta morning glory (oooo so pretty!), and Violas (commercial seed pack -- thanks so much!). Thanks for thinking of me on my birthday, Toni! I love the seeds!

And last but not least, I got such a pretty floral card from Cindy (alwaysagarden). She sent Red Peony Poppies and Double Shirley Poppies! I just fell in love with poppies a few months ago and now my garden will be full of them! Thanks so much!

As for me, I have yet to send out my cards to some of you February babies, but I will get to it as soon as possible. I regret the delay, but the past few days have been terrible for me. My sweet kitty became sick at Christmastime and she is now dying. She has been my faithful best friend for the past 20 years and I am heartbroken trying to come to terms with it. Your seeds and card are so much more appreciated considering my circumstance, as they bring some much-needed happiness to these sad days. I promise to type a little about myself on here when I get the time. Again, thanks so much to you all!

JJ

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday February Babies! I am sad to report that I am also running late on sending cards. I am DETERMINED to get them out soon. I have next week off so if not by the weekend, I will at least have them mailed out next week. I hope everyone is enjoying their birthday surprises! February is a great month to receive seeds, don't ya think? I am ooohing and aahing at all the new seed racks hitting the stores. Nikki

• chellflower
    15 years ago

JJ, I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. Just want you to know I feel your pain...its been 5 months since I lost my dog, Stormi Rayne to thyroid cancer, and I still miss her and think of her alot (when it rained the other night I kept thinking 'I need to let Stormi in the house' and then I'd remember she's not here). After more than ten years with her (I'd never before been owned by a pet for so long) I've gotten so used to taking care of her that its taking some time to let go completely. But time DOES heal.... I know the Lord needed her back for a special reason, and her pain is gone. Just be grateful for being blessed for so many years with your kitty (lots of memories) and spoil her with love while she's still with you! She's very lucky to own a human that loves her so much!

Chell

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

JJ I am sorry to hear about your kitty. I had to put down my Elsa last fall due to bone cancer which ate away her bottom jaw. My daughter is a vet tech and we were able to take her to where she worked and were with her at the end. My daughter then surprised me with her ashes later. I know this may sound really gross but I wanted to do something in her memory and I found a really pretty stepping stone mold with an angel kitty with its paw around another kitty. I took some of Elsa's ashes and mixed them with concrete and made stones for my daughter and myself to put in our gardens. Now when I am out looking at my flowers I have something to remember her by.

I hope the time you have left with her will help you through. Kim

• chellflower
    15 years ago

arrived in Texas today!!!!

My 4 yr old, Logan, got upset cause the box was addressed to me (he'd helped Daddy answer the door when the USPS delivered it), so I let him go through the contents with me.

Logan picked out B'day stickers - for himself!
    And (since 4 yr olds don't believe Mommy's can choose for ourselves), he helped me pick out:

Hollyhock -peaches & dreams
    Wood anemone
    mex. shellflower
    mousepad calendar
    plant markers w/pen
    small notepad

We had soo much fun going through the box! Now we get to shop tomorrow for items to put back in- Logan is really excited about that!!!

Kym, we ALL liked the *special* gift from you! Thanks again for hosting such a fun swap!

Chell

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Chell wasn't some of that stuff just too cool. I LOVED going through it! It was so much fun...some very neat items in there.
    I love that graphic you added up there too cute! And so right for the Pinata post...lol

Thanks Kym so much for putting that together!
    :) Fran

15 years ago

Happy Birthday, Medo!!!! I hope you have a great day!

• daffodillady
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Medo!! I have a bday package almost ready for your mailbox, but I will not be able to mail it until the end of next week. Think it will be worth the wait though :-)Big Hugs and many blessings!!

• shropshire_lad
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday to MEDO!!!! You'll be getting a birthday surprise from me soon lol!

JJ

• medontdo
    15 years ago

Thank you!! awww i feel so blessed to have so many great friends!! hubs woke me up this morning a little after 12 to tell me happy birthday!! we have always done this since we have been together, even when he was working overnights, i'd call him and tell him happy birthday.
    i have sent off everyone's envi's :') well hubs did!!
    and yes beth, i think it will worht the wait!! well, i know it will!! **big smile** you know me!!
    talla loves looking at that ladybug windchime!! i had to put it up, she wanted that so bad!! LOL i said NO WAY!! **big grin** but the one thing, mason got ahold of, and she told him NO!!! that is for my fairies!! and gave him a bone, he's "supposed" to be potty trained, "ya right" some day's i want to spank his but!! ahhhhh...... i know, there is no bad dog, only a bad parent!! but he is blue ribbon certified! and he is good, and he loves the rabbits. and he loves to snuggle with snowy clowy, that is so cool!!

ok, here's the mailboxing!!
    hubs checked the mail today, he said, what?? no one loves me?? ahhhhh.....MEN!!!

suecirish sent me a beautiful card that has a white daisy whti butterfly and some other pretty flowers and the card is shaped pretty!! on the inside it say's (wishing you all the beautiful moments of a perfect day) that is so cool!!
    she sent
    platycodon grandeflores- balloon flower "mariesii" blue
    foxglove- sutton's apricot
    Thank you so much!! i love both of these so much!! how they look on the images!!

threas sent me a pretty card and o the inside it says todays the day to celebrate you and all the wonderful things you do enjoy your special day.
    she sent
    purple perilla
    purple hyacinth bean
    foxglove blooms 1st year pink w maroon
    i'm gonna love these!! thank you so much!! and i love this card too!! how many times do we get to celebrate us and what we do?? LOL

carol sent me you are a special person created by an awesome God.....(on the inside) and its great to be a part of your life. wishing you a very happy birthday.
    she sent
    columbine: purple and yellow
    pink and white
    mixed
    WOW thank you!! i love the look of columbine!! i wanted some of these!! and i love the card too!! I totally believe God is an awesome God!! WOO HOOOO!!! ***big smile** Thank you so much!!

michelle sent a homemade card which looks awesome!! guess who is NOT getting this?? **onery grin** it has a heart and a bunch of flowers and wow is it pretty!!
    she sent
    yellow yarrow
    yellow foxglove
    blue delphinium
    tricone sp?? delphinium
    i can't wait to plant these!! WOOO HOOO!!! yes!! today i am very excitable!! but it beats the other days!! Hee Hee!!
    at least i feel something, LOL **big smile** thank you so much michelle!! i think you actually read my wants!! **onery smile**

ok, now that i was onery for a second......

zinaray sent me a cute card that says may life always bring a little sunshine and lots of laughter!!
    and the seeds are:
    hummingbird bush: flame ancanthus: desert honeysuckle Perennial
    Purple bellflower??
    blackprince snapdragon
    WOW thank you so much!! these are so beautifull
    thank you so much for sending me these!!

i like to put the sayings on the cards down because they are so cool, and sometimes they are just hitting home!! LOL
    i hope ya'll have a great day!!
    we just found out today that because of hubs's "schedualed injurary" that workmans comp won't pay for his day's off. only his medical bills. ohhh boy!! so now he has to use his sick leave and something else. so now we can't go and visit my dad and them in april for the rodeo. that just majorly sucks!!! all of the rest of the family is gonna be there. booo hoooo!!! ok, done bawling!! **smiling again** Hugs ~Medo

• zinaray
    15 years ago

I got a card from suecirish[Sue] today with zinnia-bernary's giant & campanula- canterbury bells, I really wantrd these, thanks Sue
    Toni

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Medo!

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Medonto! Hope it was all you hoped for!

I have some wonderful people to thank for their bd cards they sent to me!
    One from Micyrey- beautiful handmade one with hearts and seeds! I loved them all!
    One from Zinaray with swiss chard, butternut squash, and viola penny sunrise!!
    One from Carol 57078. It has beautiful lily seeds and she even sent a beautiful pic of them! Also had sapligossis and scarlet penstemon! Wonderful!
    One from Threas with siberian iris and japanese iris!! I am thrilled!
    Everyone I thank you from the bottom of my heart! They were greatly appreciated and wonderful seeds!
    Melinda

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Hey Medo,
    Happy Birthday! Hope its a great one!

• chellflower
    15 years ago

I got two cards today!!!!

Toni (zinaray) sent a cute card with 'critters bringing gifts' on it, and two items from my want list - Geranium paintbox mix and Coleus rainbow mix ....awesome!!

Theresa (threas) sent a pretty floral card, and also two items from my want list! - Watercress and Thalia Delbata -just in time for my new pond!!!

Thank you both so much ...you girls ROCK!!!!

Chell

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Medo,

Hope you have a Wonderful Day!!!!

((Hugs))
    Chell

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

I wish I could reach out and give all of you a great big hug...not a cyber hug but a great big, put my arms around ya hug. You all have made this the most special birthday I can remember. I really wish I could adequately express how blessed I feel.

I would like to also thank suecirish for the wonderful blue flowers she sent me platycodon gradiflorus, balloon flower Mariesii and centaurea montana, mountain bluet. I really wanted blue flowers and now I have a few more.

Micyrey sent me a beautiful homemade card with sparkly hearts...I like sparkly and some wonderful flowers of Ratibida Mexican hat and echinacea tennesseenis along with bronze fennel for the swallow tail butterflies.

Ellie/aphroditelaughs sent me my mostest (can I say mostest?) wanted seeds of Mexican sour gherkin!!! She also sent me dragon's tongue beans and black jet soybeans along with a really nice card which says I hope these seeds brighten your garden and nourish your soul...that is so nice since I am not only feeding my body but my soul as well.

Again I cannot express enough how very special all of you have made me feel. I can actually feel the love radiating out of my computer. Kim

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i know that feeling Kim!! its so nice to know that people put time into what they send you and not just throw seeds together! ya know! You can always feel the love!!
    i think you can say mostest!! that is a word i grew up with that my mom told me over and over was absolutely NOT a word, i tell my kids it means the very best!! my mom just looks and kinda grins. LOL i just wanted to look and see what everyone else got and see what some seeds are for!! LOL like the bronze fennel i didn't know it was for that!! LOL Hugs ~Medo

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago
  • carol57078
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Michele!! Have a wonderful day.
    Carol

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Medo!
    Dorothy
    {{gwi:457227}}

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Zinaray!!!
    Dorothy

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Happy Valentines Day!!!!
    Dorothy

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Happy Valentines Day to Everyone!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

I've got to tell you guys, it's good to read these threads when things are going wrong, or you're just having a really bad day. With all the warm wishes for one another, and sharing of truly cool days, this swap has been a real pick-me-up for me this month. So, even though y'all didn't know it, you've been helping me to "keep my head above the water". I'd originally planned on getting away on a bit of a trip this month, sort of a time to escape from everything that's gone on these past few months. But, in the first few days of February, I got some bad news about a situation which is still slowly resolving itself, though we don't know yet which direction the resolution is taking. So, here I am, still at home, waiting, wondering, and occasionally going a little crazy from worry. I've visiting this and other threads more lately, reading all the commentary though not always posting something myself. So, keep up the banter. For some of us out here, you all are a good dose of therapy and goodness, helping us cope even when you don't know it.
    -Dan

15 years ago

Happy Birthday, Toni!!!!

I sent this one because of all the hearts on it as well.... So, Happy Valentine's Day to you as well, and to everyone!

Blessings,
    Angela

15 years ago

Awwww... Dan... I want to give you a real hug, but hopefully this one (((((HUGS))))) will come true as real as possible! Reading what everyone writes touches me greatly, too. I feel just like Kim said... I can't say it any better... I've gone through so much this last year and didn't find you guys/gals until around August/September. I don't know what I would have done without this site being a place for me to escape and the love from you all is very real to me....

I came back from mailboxing to be blown away once again... you guys/gals make my eyes water up... you're just amazing.... I received so much that makes my birthday month special to me... the words you write in the cards, the little things you say on the forum... Wow...

I have a special thank you to say to Theresa (threas - and yes, I knew it was you! LOL) and to Ellie (aphroditelaughs) for the wonderful birthday cards and gifts they sent my way. It truly touches my heart!

Ellie (aphroditelaughs) - What an awesome homemade (I think) paper card with a sweet note inside! I've never gotten a handmade paper card before! It was really cool! You could see a sprig of something in it that really emphasized this being a gardener's birthday card! I really appreciate all you sent: Scarlet Runner Beans, Baby Corn, Hooker's Sweet Corn, Fernleaf Dill, Calendula, Romanesco Artichoke, & Santo Cilantro! WoWWeee!! I am in awe... Thank you SO very much for these absolutely wonderful additions to my garden! I'm especially excited that the Artichoke is FROM Siena, Italy! I am so excited also to see many of my wants in there.

Theresa (threas) - You are so dear to my heart, girl. Thank you for the lovely card and what you wrote. I want to drive right over and give you a big hug back! Thanks so much for the Goji Berry, Purple Prairie Clover, Artemisia Absinthium (Wormwood), AND the organic Sea Kelp! I'm sooo excited to have everything, but especially excited about the Sea Kelp because you had to be reading my mind! I've been wanting to try that on my plants. Thanks also for sending the best printed info for me, which is just SO thoughtful. I can't wait to plant and use everything!

I've heard so many of my birthday buddies say this was their best birthday ever.... I totally agree... I gave up a long time ago on really having special birthdays, but you guys/gals blow me away! This has made me feel so cared for and appreciated and just plain special... Okay, no joke, I'm balling like a baby, so I'm gonna quit typing now... I love you all SO much!

Blessings,
    Angela

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!
    And a Big Happy Birthday to Zinaray!
    May everyone have a blessed and wonderful day!
    And I agree with Dan and Angela! I have been uplifted tremendously by the generosity and loving that everyone sends to all! Reading all the posts and things has also uplifted several of my bad days!! Thanks, Melinda

• threas
    15 years ago

You guys are sooo welcome! Have wonderful birthdays & a loving Valentine's day! I can't wait until today is over!lol
    In case you didn't know, I work at a flower shop. Yikes!

Theresa

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday, Zinaray - Toni! Have a wonderful day!

And hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day, too! My present from my DH was a hand-built grow-light shelf system for starting my seedlings inside. It's wonderful - DH is still a keeper after 33 years!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday, Zinaray - Toni!

• andreaz6wv
    15 years ago

I told you guys it was like having a birthday all month long :)

Andrea

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Zinaray!!!! I hope you have a wonderful combo Birthday/VAlentine's DAy!!!!!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• medontdo
    15 years ago

Happy Valentines Day all!! But especially to Dan! i know that i did quit MNF a little befor anything, but i know things have been alot tough for you lately! and i just want to give you a big hug for hanging in there. you are an amazingly rich in warmth hearted person!! i know what i want to say, (you know how i am, always screwing words up!! **big grinn**) but i just love ya!! (((hugz)))
    i just know that God will do a real blessing in your life!! :')
    Fran i was wondering if you had enough of them beans mix so i could have some too??
    Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes!! it went pretty great!! we spent all day together and snuggled and watched movies and well it was just great to spend time with all 4 of us!! :')
    Happy birthday zinaray and ilovefarce!! i know yours is tomarow but just in case i don't get back to here till after then!! i can't wait to hear about how you spent some of it!!
    ohhh and i can't wait to hear how some of you did some of your valentines!!!! WOO HOOO!!! like roses?? or chocolates or something like that. or snuggling. that's always my favorite. because my hubs is not a snuggler. he say's my bodyheat is to hot for him and i smother him out. OOPS!!! LOL **big grinn** what would be nice is a fireplace and watching a fire and a nice blanket and cuddle time, just watching the fire. WOW that would be so cool!! LOL ~Medo
    ohhh and a nice glass of wine, yep!! LOL **onery grinn**

• patrushka
    15 years ago

I'm way behind on getting my cards out. I'm working on getting caught up. I wanted to pop in and wish all of the January babies and the first half of the February babies a Happy Belated Birthday.

Pat

Hot Myspace Comments / Adultfriender

15 years ago

Theresa - I didn't know you work in a flower shop... Oh, you poor gal... I hope you have a nice evening after work!

Sue - That man of yours really knows the way to his woman's heart! Yea! That's awesome!

As for my Valentine's Day, I get to pick up two fruit trees from Wal-Mart. They had them for $18, and most of them were about 10 foot tall! Oh, I'm so excited! I don't know, but maybe I'll get fruit from them in 2 - 3 years. What do you all think?

Blessings,
    Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: February Birthday Wish Lists

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Yeah! I got another birthday card today from Suecirish!! Thanks so very much! Had first frost hosta and golden jubilee agastache in it! Thanks so much! Loved them all!
    Wow, I wish our Wal-Mart had trees in yet. I am looking for some pecan, almond, and hazelnut trees this year! But doubt if will find them there. Probably have to order.
    Hope everyone is having a wonderful Valentine's Day!
    Melinda

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Zinaray!!!! Hope its awesome!

I had a great mailboxing experience today!!! I recieved some seeds that I thought I hadn't even ordered yet! ( I get loopier with each passing bday! but I'm not quite 'dimented' yet! LOL). I also recieved 3 Bday envies!!!....

Ellie (aphrodite laughs) sent a homemade card (looks like she made the paper too! How cool!) with Dutchman's Pipe Vine, Moons & Stars watermelon, Wisteria Blue caroline and Cherimoya (A BIG want from my list!!!!)

Michelle (micyrey) also sent an adorable handmade card (I love handmade gifts!!!)..red with red/white gingham hearts and a cute ceramic heart attached (Hmmm, wonder if Michelle does scrapbooking?!?). She sent Pansy clear crystal mix, salvia rose queen (should look great in my cactus garden!) and ox-eye daisy.

Sue (suecirish) sent a nice green card with dragonfly/flowers, watering can and garden tools and a sweet bday message. Inside were two more from my want list-Coleus 'King Mosaic'(very cool looking!) and
    Geranium 'Reflections'

Wow! What a great Valentine's Day! I couldn't be happier if hershey bars grew on trees! Thanks so much for all of the wonderful seeds !!!!! This is the best swap I've ever joined!!! Its nice to have so many wonderful, caring friends all on one forum!!!I feel so blessed I think I'm gonna cry (..tears of JOY!)

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Chell