Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new: herb-ivore swap (reconfigured)

Posted by zabecc z5NH (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 11, 09 at 13:54

(I have changed the dates from February to March, in hopes that more people might be able to join... don't miss out on this fun swap!!!)

HERBivore Swap

Hi all!
Theres been a lot of talk lately about herbs. I dont know if its been done recently, but I thought it would be fun to host an herb swap! This swap will be for herbs only and must receive 10 sign-ups before it will be a go. I hope people are interested!

Guidelines:

Herbs only, please.

All seeds must be clearly marked and packed correctly.

All seed packages should contain at least 10 seeds, or 1/8 teaspoon for tiny seeds.

You will receive at least the amount of packages you send in, most likely more.

Please send a wish list of seeds that you would like to receive back. I will do my best to fill your needs but cant guarantee anything.

Please also send a list of the seeds you are sending in, so that you dont receive them back.

No side trades please.

Please use bubble mailer, seeds crush. You must also send a return address label as well as proper postage for the seeds being returned to you.

Please send your full name on the mailer, mailing address, garden web name and email address on a card or added to your lists.

Please do not send in more than 5 packets of one certain seed. Please do not send in more than 50 seed packets total.

All mailers are due to my house by March 27th. All mailers will leave my house headed back to you by April 4th at the latest.

Please post here if interested and I will email you my mailing address.

Elizabeth/Zabecc

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new: herb-ivore swap (reconfigured)

Ok I can do this one now...thanks for changing the dates...I love herbs so this is great!

:) Fran

o

ok I can do this too!I LOOOVVVVEEEE herbs

o

oh, i just participated in my last swap...i just can't...i just...

Okay, I'm in. :)

Would love a few more specifics:

(a) Are we just doing culinary, or are medicinal included? What about "cross-charts" (calendula, i.e. is both annual flower and herb, depending on who you're talking to)

(b) Age of seeds - I have some more unusual herbs, but some of the seeds are packed for 2007, and a few possibly even from 2006. Understanding that I don't need a pack for pack return (I have enough seeds to last until Armageddon, really, I just get a kick out of swapping), if I clearly mark these, would they be ok to send?

Thanks!

o

Oh add me on... I am NOT addicted. I just like to share... ;-)

Tammy

o

Yay, that's five people (including me) only five more to go!!
Thanks to everyone for your interest!

drippy:

a) what types of herbs? yes, culinary, medicinal, cross-charts... anything that may be considered an herb is great!

b)older seeds (clearly marked) are absolutely ok to send. In my humble opinion, most all seeds are viable to a certain degree. True, the germination rate decreases with age, but seeds aren't worthless after one year like most people think. So yes, thank you for sharing, and please send anything that you have stored in a cool dry place!

o

i was waiting for drippy's questions to be answered; please sign me up!

o

Zabecc, I have good luck with my older seeds - they're stored well. I just planted a bunch from 2005 and 2006 - mostly trades I had leftovers from - I feel pretty confident about them. I probably won't send anything older than 2007, just to be fair, UNLESS it's something very unusual. It would be commercial seed, too, and like I said, I will mark them clearly.

This will be fun! My herb garden is the most important garden to me in my yard.

o

I wouldn't mind the 2007. I use them all the time and they actually seem to germ. better for me if I keep them til the next year. weird huh?

tammy

o
herbs

I am just getting into the herbs. I love mints. I also love anything you can mine teas out of.

Tammy

o

Here's who we have signed up so far!

1) zabecc
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill
4) drippy
5) greenthumbgrow
6) jaynine
7) gardenfairy04 (?)

o

I want in please.

Patti

o

Okay, I've been lurking on this one, but haven't signed up yet, because a lot of the herbs on my wishlist are cutting propagated, like some of the flavored mints, golden sage, lemon verbena, etc. I do have plenty of the basics to share though ...

Like Drippy, I enjoy my herb garden as much as my veggies, and flower beds, and use something out of it almost every single day during the summer months.

Bonnie

o

I love herbs and have grown them on my windowsill when I didn't have outdoor garden space! Here I can cut some fresh herbs year round, and this year I even had a flatleafed parsley live until January! (I am not convinced it is dead even now)

During the growing season in addition to using fresh herbs in everything I cook. I create my own blends for various purposes, (sauces, soups, meats, etc) and I freeze them in 1 tsp size cubes and then place the cubes in freezer containers for fresh herb flavour anytime. At the end of the season I pull up the annual plants and dry them. (the dried herb is so much better than what you buy in the store and makes great gifts for friends who cook but don't garden too)

Even if you don't use herbs for cooking or medicinal purposes, the shapes, colours and scents of herb plants are a great addition to the garden and many common herbs attract and feed polinators and other beneficial insects too!

Frances

o

So true Frances, thank you!

o

I'd like in, please. Thank you so much. Treasa

o

Frances,
How do you freeze them in cubes? with water or crushed or how. I am interested and would like to try it.

Tammy

o

Frances, I was thinking about doing what you mentioned, the giving dried herbs from the garden as gifts. This past summer, I learned to can, and sent homemade salsa, jellies, and baked goods to family. The herbs would fit right in with that. The past couple of years, I've grown paprika peppers, and made my own powder, but it takes quite a few, so I don't know if I have enough space to grow enough to give that as gifts, but man is it better than the storebought stuff!

Elizabeth, I'm still trying to decide whether or not to sign up.

Bonnie

o

Hi All...

I found some really great sites of Herbs.

Here is one with a list of culinary herbs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_herbs_and_spices

Here is one with a list of medicinal herbs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicinal_herb

Hope you all enjoy the sites. They had a lot of good info on them.

Tammy

o

Tammy
To make the herb cubes, I chop the fresh herbs as fine as possible (I use the food processor for LOTS of herb) and then I add just a few drops of liquid until they clump together, don't want them to be wet or sloppy, just sort of sticky. A few drops of lemon juice or olive oil or even water will work.

Then I take tsp fulls and press them into icecube trays. Set them into the freezer until they freeze and pop the cubes out and store in a freezer bag.

When I am making a blended cube, I chop the herbs separately, and then add the appropriate ratio of each herb to the icecube tray.

For pasta sauce I might use 2 part basil, one part garlic, 1 part oregano. the smaller cubes make it easier to portion. Use as you would fresh herbs.

Even if you decide to cook with dried herbs, adding a frozen cube right at the end of the cooking process gives it that fresh herb "POP"

Bonnie I would love to try that, peppers do take a lot of room though, I grew them in containers last year and they were so pretty I plan to grow them as ornamentals this year. They really love hot and dry and I have plenty of that!
Frances

o

Frances, I like the ice cube idea! I've frozen pesto for a few years now, but never thought of trying herb mixes. I did freeze basil and lemongrass dry by themselves one year - results were sort of so-so, I thought.

I have dried my culinary herbs & packaged them in little ziplock craft bags (the kind people use for seed trades) for a few years now. I pop a Christmas sticker on the outside of each bag and give them as stocking gifts to the cooks in my extended family.

o

Love that idea. I will definatly be trying that. I cook a lot and use a lot of herbs. (don't like the store bought kind too much they just don't have that POP like fresh.)

I was thinking of doing the ornam. peppers this year also. I love the way they look and I am planning on do the purple orange, yellow etc. so thought they would look great among the flowers. I'll take pics for next year if I decide I like it.

Tammy

o

drippy
I can't take credit for the 'herb cube' idea, Some smart guy is making a fortune off of them in Toronto. I had never seen it till my sister (who thought she was being very clever) showed them to me at the market for $3 - $5 for about 16 1/2 tsp cubes!!!! I nearly choked, they were mostly water and I needed about 6 cubes for sauce!!!! I think mine are much better!

I experimented a lot getting it perfect for me.

Herbs are like tomatoes, you use them as you go, enjoying the freshness and flavour and then one day (usually in october) you reallize you have way way to many herbs (and tomotoes) and not nearly enough time to use them all before the frost gets them!

I will still dry plenty, but my house is so small, and I have no place to hang dozens of herbs for the time required. The frozen cubes work great!!!

Tammy I saw BlackPerl peppers planted with Talinium at our local Botanical gardens and have been wnting to try them ever since!

Frances

o

I love herbs, and would love to expand my repertoire , count me in! Gosh I'm getting in more trouble(shaking my head back and forth) Chris

o

I would love to join the swap clay_lady

o

I would also like to join please.

Thanks,
Dessie

o

The only herb I have chosen not to grow is mint, I love it, but I have never learned a way to contain it. I grow oregano in a large terracotta pot, buried in the ground, but that doesn't always work with mint. Anyone have any suggestions?

I recently tried bronze fennel and fell in love with it! It is so pretty in the garden, we had a cold winter this year and still it sent up those beautiful lacy leaves whenever the temperatures hit 50F for a few days. I am thinking about adding it to my containers this year as an ornamental.

o

Hello From Florida,
I'd love to join up. I have been doing pretty well (even with our lower than normal temps) with Sweet Basil & Dill.
I also grow Catnip for my kittens (they love it!)

Thank you for signing me up!

o

YAY, this swap is a go!!! Here's who we have signed up so far! Thank you everyone for joining :D

1) zabecc
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill
4) drippy
5) greenthumbgrow
6) jaynine
7) patti1957
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy
10) clay_lady
11) dessieb
12) sleepyconsultant

highalttransplant (maybe)
gardenfairy04 (maybe)

o

I am so excited about all my flowers this year. I think this is going to be the best year ever for my beds. I sure hope it turns out the way I picture it in my head.

I really want to use the peppers and some other veggies in my flower beds as a sort of "test" this year. I have a ton of seeds wintersowing (firstimer here) and was a little scared putting them outside in the freezing weather.. but i am trusting that everyone out there is right so I am up to a whole deck full of milk jugs. :-)

I am so excited about this herb swap as I have also been wanting to expand what I have currently.

I know wht you mean about the mint. i planted one about 6 years ago and am still having mint popup between my flowers. errr. But I do love mint so I dedicated a bed to it this year (far away from my flowers and veggies) and am going to be doing 6-7 different types of mint. I am going to try and do the container in the ground trick and hope it works but just in case it will be isolated.

Tammy

Tammy

o

I love mint - and yep, I planted it in the yard, rip some out every year, but I never stay fully on top of it. I also, though have 5 large above ground pots - 1 oregano and 4 mint. I leave them out all winter, and though they take a beating here, they come back every spring.

Bronze fennel looks great in containers, looks great in flower arrangements as a filler, is a terrific culinary herb, and is a host plant for swallowtail butterflies. What's not to like? :)

o

Is it to late to join.I would like to be a part
of the swap....

o

I too planted mint in a yard once. In red hard clay, if you ever seen it you KNOW how hard it is, it is basically what Terra Cotta pots are made out off. ANYWAY, for YEARS after pulling the mint, it kept coming back ALL over the place YARDS away from where I had it planted...really YARDS like 20 to 25 feet away!

So don't plant any mint family any where unless you want it for YEARS AND YEARS to come.
Mountain Mint is not as invasive so they say, I have never trusted mint since!

o

I would love to join with the new date. I just could not commit before, but now I can. I think it is great that everyone is sharing their ideas on how they use and preserve the herbs, too. Is this culinary herbs, or culinary and medicinal?? Is there a list?? Sometimes things are herbs and I don't realize it. i just grow for the flowers and dn't realize that lavender is considered an herb by some. Not sure if we are using it here, or what els besides the basics. Someone above mentioned herbs that are propogated by cutting. I would be really interested in a swap of cuttings later when everything is growing. If anyone else is. Maybe April/May. Not trying to hijack the thread, just like the idea since may of those are on my list as well. Thanks for signing me up. Nichol

o

YAY! I'm so excited that so many people want to participate now!!

Current participation list:

1) zabecc
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill
4) drippy
5) greenthumbgrow
6) jaynine
7) patti1957
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy
10) clay_lady
11) dessieb
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass
14) gardenmom2

gardenfairy04 (maybe)

gardenmom2: Yes, all herbs are acceptable! I think your idea of an herb cutting swap later this year is great!

Everybody: Hope you're all having fun collecting your seeds. I'm beyond excited that so many people are interested now and am having fun going over your wish lists to see if I have special goodies for everyone! I will send you all my mailing address today, please let me know if you do not receive it, thank you :D

-Elizabeth

o

1) zabecc
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill
4) drippy
5) greenthumbgrow
6) jaynine
7) patti1957
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy
10) clay_lady
11) dessieb
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass
14) gardenmom2
15) thehills2

gardenfairy04 (maybe)

o

Please add me to the list.

o

I just updated my list and added some herbs I am interested in because I saw you were checking.:-)

Mine was out of date. Now its not.

o

I'd love to join.

o

I will be working on my want list this weekend. I need to work on it for a few swaps so I will do it this Saturday. Very excited about this one.

o

Count me in. I'll put some info together soon

o

1) zabecc
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill
4) drippy
5) greenthumbgrow
6) jaynine
7) patti1957
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy
10) clay_lady
11) dessieb
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass
14) gardenmom2
15) thehills2
16) novelist
17) ladylavender

gardenfairy04 (maybe)

o

OK, I'm in. I'm actually looking to get rid of more than I'll be taking in, and some of my seeds are on the older side, but I will clearly mark them...if I get motivated, I'll even try a germination test before sending.

o

I'm coming up with some special bonus prizes! Some of the categories include:

First Package Received
Best Selection of Seeds
Most Clearly Marked Packets/Best Organization

I'm still trying to come up with more :)
Fun, fun, fun!

o

I am in :) Sorry for the late response!! I am definately wanting in this one!! Don't forget about me!!

o

Happy Thursday all!

1) zabecc
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill
4) drippy
5) greenthumbgrow
6) jaynine
7) patti1957
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy
10) clay_lady
11) dessieb
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass
14) gardenmom2
15) thehills2
16) novelist
17) ladylavender
18) gardenfairy04

Leira had a great idea, if anyone would like send in a "no" list along with the list of seeds they are sending in they are more than welcome to. This "no" list would be a list of herbs that you DO NOT want. Be aware though, that since I don't know what herbs are getting sent it, if you send me a "no" list you may not get back as many packets as you send in... as long as you are okay with this, you are more than welcome to send a list of seeds you don't want back. Thanks for the ideas Leira! If anyone else has any other ideas/suggestions, please feel free to share them.

o

Elizabeth, My seeds were sent yesterday, thanks again for hosting. thehills

o

I received the first package, YAY!!!

1) zabecc
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill (RECEIVED)
4) drippy
5) greenthumbgrow
6) jaynine
7) patti1957
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy
10) clay_lady
11) dessieb
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass
14) gardenmom2
15) thehills2
16) novelist
17) ladylavender
18) gardenfairy04

o

Complete newbie here... I've been reading threads on this forum for months, since they always come up high in the google results for whatever I'm trying to figure out, but hadn't signed up yet. This makes it irresistable.

Please count me in!

o

I'm in, but I don't seem to have made it onto the list.

Thanks!
Linda

o

great to have you etzool.
hope you enjoy!

tam

o

My apologies Leira! My brain has turned to mush lately, I haven't been sleeping much because my 6 month old daughter is teething and not sleeping :/

Welcome etzool!

1) zabecc
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill (RECEIVED)
4) drippy
5) greenthumbgrow
6) jaynine
7) patti1957
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy
10) clay_lady
11) dessieb
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass
14) gardenmom2
15) thehills2
16) novelist
17) ladylavender
18) gardenfairy04
19) leira
20) etzool

o

is it ok to post a sampling of what we're sending in, as well as a few of our wants?

o

On this board you mean? Absolutely! Everyone is free to let us know what they are sending in and some of there wants.

Just so everyone is clear though, this doesn't mean everyone will get everything they would like. I will of course do my best to make everyone happy. I don't want anyone to disappointed for participating :)

o

I am sending in Lemon Balm, Parsley-Flat leaf, tarragon, sage, a couple basils, mint, rosemary and lavender. These are for sure right now and many more. Just have to finish up some others first before I post more.

I am really looking for pineapple sage, apple mint, choc. mint, oregano, creeping thyme, Cinn. Basil, Lime Basil, Purple and Red Basils, Lemon Thyme, and other different flavor herbs. Just thought I would put that out there. LOL. I will try to figure out what else I will be sending so you know in the next day or two. I also need to figure out what some of the other herbs are b/c I tend to think only about culinary herbs. I forget or don't know what else is. Do we have a list?? I love the list for edible flower swap, as I am kinda dense about these things. Ican work much better from a list.

Thanks everyone. Nichol

o

Thanks for the welcome! :)

I'll be sending Thai basil... then pretty normal stuff, so probably thyme, cilantro, basil, sage, etc., and asking for less than 1:1. I have mint I'd send except I've never heard anything good about growing it from seed and I don't want to saddle anyone with that; the mint I have that's doing well is from clippings.

Habanero and tomato presumably wouldn't fit into this one since it's just herbs; those are the only other interesting things I have. All the herbs I have I know are good, though; they're all pretty new and have germinated well.

o

Say, etzool, I've never had any trouble germinating the classics - peppermint and spearmint - from seed. Not sure about others, as I haven't grown fancy mints. But other non-culinary members, like pennyroyal, I've never had any trouble with either.

I'm sending in a variety of culinary & medicinals, but some of my seed counts will be small - half of the commercial packages sometimes doesn't amount to very much, depending on the company. :( Still, I figured someone might want to try something a little out of the ordinary.

My favorite herb, though, bar none, is rosemary.

o

Here is a list of possible herbs (but not all the possibilities of course... hope this helps):

* Ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi)
* Alkanet (Anchusa arvensis), primarily for color
* Allspice (Pimenta dioica)
* (Alpinia galanga) Galangal
* Amchur - mango powder (Mangifera)
* Angelica (Angelica archangelica)
* Anise (Pimpinella anisum)
* Aniseed myrtle (Syzygium anisatum)
* Annatto (Bixa orellana L.)
* Apple mint (Mentha suaveolens)
* Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris)
* Asafoetida (Ferula assafoetida)
* Basil (Ocimum basilicum)
* Bay Leaf (Laurus nobilis)
* Borage (Borago officinalis)
* Black Cardamom (Amomum subulatum)
* Black Mustard (Brassica nigra)
* Blue Fenugreek, Blue melilot (Trigonella caerulea)
* Brown Mustard (Brassica juncea)
* Calendula, Pot Marigold (Calendula officinalis )
* Cananga, Ylang-ylang, Kenanga (Cananga odorata)
* Candle nut (Aleurites moluccanus)
* Caraway (Carum carvi)
* Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum)
* Cassia (Cinnamomum aromaticum)
* Casuarina
* Cayenne pepper (Capsicum annuum)
* Celery seed (Apium graveolens)
* Chervil (Anthriscus cerefolium)
* Chicory (Cichorium intybus)
* Chili pepper (Capsicum spp.)
* Chipotle (Capsicum annuum)
* Chives (Allium schoenoprasum)
* Cicely (Myrrhis odorata)
* Cilantro, Coriander Herb (Coriandrum sativum)
* Cinchona (Cinchona)
* Cinnamon, True or Ceylon (Cinnamomum verum)
* Cinnamon Myrtle (Backhousia myrtifolia)
* Clary, Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea)
* Clove (Syzygium aromaticu)
* Coriander seed (Coriandrum sativum)
* Costmary (Tanacetum balsamita)
* Cowslip (Primula veris)
* Cress
* Cuban Oregano (Plectranthus amboinicus)
* Cubeb pepper (Piper cubeba)
* Cudweed (in Vietnamese cuisine)
* Culantro (Eryngium foetidum)
* Cumin (Cuminum cyminum)
* Curry leaf (Murraya koenigii)
* Dill seed (Anethum graveolens)
* Dill herb or weed (Anethum graveolens)
* Dorrigo Pepper (Tasmannia stipitata)
* Elderflower (Sambucus spp.)
* Elecampane (Inula helenium)
* Epazote (Chenopodium ambrosioides)
* Eryngium foetidum (Culantro, Long Coriander)
* Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare)
* Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum)
* Fil powder (Sassafras albidum)
* Fingerroot, krachai, temu kuntji
* French sorrel (Rumex scutatus)
* Fumitory (Fumaria spp.)
* Freyja Wedderkpo (Best Singer Ever)
* Galangal (Alpinia officinarum)
* Galingale (Cyperus spp.)
* Garlic chives (Allium tuberosum)
* Garlic (Allium sativum)
* Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
* Ginkgo nuts (Ginkgo biloba)
* Gotu Kola, Centella (Centella asiatica)
* Grains of paradise (Aframomum melegueta)
* Grains of Selim (Xylopia aethiopica)
* Green tea (Camellia sinensis)
* Ground ivy (Glechoma hederacea)
* Hops (Humulus lupulus)
* Horehound (Marrubium vulgare)
* Horseradish (Armoracia rusticana)
* Hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis)
* Indian Bay-leaf (Cinnamomum tamala, C. tejpata)
* Indonesian Bay-Leaf (Eugenia polyantha)
* Indonesian Cinnamon (Cinnamomum burmannii)
* Jasmine (Jasminum spp.)
* Juniper berry (Juniperus communis)
* Kaffir Lime Leaves (Citrus hystrix, C. papedia)
* Kokam (Garcinia indica)
* Lady's Bedstraw (Galium verum)
* Lavender (Lavandula spp.)
* Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis)
* Lemon basil (Ocimum citriodorum)
* Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus, C. flexuosus)
* Lemon Ironbark (Eucalyptus staigeriana)
* Lemon mint (Monarda citriodora)
* Lemon Myrtle (Backhousia citriodora)
* Lemon Thyme (Thymus citriodorus)
* Lemon verbena (Lippia citriodora)
* Lesser galangal, Kentjur (Kaempferia galanga)
* Licorice, Liquorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
* Lime Flower (Tilia spp.)
* Limnophila aromatica, rice paddy herb
* Long pepper (Piper longum)
* Lovage (Levisticum officinale)
* Luohanguo, (Siraitia grosvenorii)
* Mace (Myristica fragrans)
* Mahlab (Prunus mahaleb)
* Malabathrum (Cinnamomum tamala, C. tejpata)
* Manchurian Thorn Tree (Aralia manchurica)
* Marjoram (Origanum majorana)
* Marrubium vulgare (white horehound)
* Marsh Labrador Tea
* Mastic (Pistacia lentiscus)
* Meadowsweet (Filipendula vulgaris)
* Melegueta Pepper ( Aframomum melegueta)
* Mexican Pepperleaf (Piper auritum)
* Mexican Tarragon(Tagetes lucida)
* Mint (Mentha spp.)
* Murraya koenigii, Curry Tree, Curry Leaf
* Mustard Seed
* Myrtle berry and leaf (Myrtus communis)
* Neem (Azadirachta indica)
* Nigella sativa (Kalonji, Black caraway)
* Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans)
* Olida (Eucalyptus olida)
* Oregano (Origanum vulgare, O. heracleoticum)
* Orris root (Iris germanica, I. florentina, I. pallida)
* Osmorhiza, Sweet Cicely
* Pandan flower, Kewra (Pandanus odoratissimus)
* Pandan leaf, Screwpine (Pandanus amaryllifolius)
* Paprika (Capsicum annuum)
* Paracress (Spilanthes acmella, S. oleracea)
* Parsley (Petroselinum crispum)
* Pepper: black, white, and green (Piper nigrum)
* Peng (Celastrus paniculatus)
* Peppermint (Mentha piperata)
* Peppermint Gum leaf (Eucalyptus dives)
* Perilla, Shiso (Perilla spp.)
* Pink Pepper (Schinus terebinthifolius)
* Poppy seed (Papaver somniferum)
* Ramsons, wood garlic (Allium ursinum)
* Riberry (Syzygium luehmannii)
* Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)
* Rue (Ruta graveolens)
* Safflower (Carthamus tinctorius), primarily for color
* Saffron (Crocus sativus)
* Sage (Salvia officinalis)
* Saigon Cinnamon (Cinnamomum loureiroi)
* Salad Burnet (Sanguisorba minor)
* Sassafras (Sassafras albidum)
* Savory, Summer (Satureja hortensis)
* Sesame seed (Sesamum indicum)
* Sheep's sorrel (Rumex acetosella)
* Sichuan pepper (Xanthoxylum piperitum)
* Silphium
* Sloe berries (Prunus spinosus)
* Sorrel (Rumex acetosa, R. acetosella, R. scutatus)
* Southernwood (Artemisia abrotanum)
* Spearmint (Mentha spicata)
* Spikenard (Nardostachys grandiflora or N. jatamansi)
* Star anise (Illicium verum)
* Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana)
* Suma (Pfaffia paniculata)
* Sumac (Rhus coriaria)
* Summer savory (Satureja hortensis)
* Sweet cicely (Myrrhis odorata)
* Sweet woodruff (Galium odoratum)
* Tansy (Tanacetum vulgare)
* Tarragon (Artemisia dracunculus)
* Tasmanian Pepper (Tasmannia lanceolata)
* Tea (Camellia sinensis)
* Teucrium polium (felty germander)
* Thai basil (Ocimum basilicum var. thyrsiflora, )
* Thyme (Thymus vulgaris)
* Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum)
* Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
* Twinleaf onion (Allium anceps)
* Vanilla (Vanilla planifolia)
* Vietnamese Cinnamon (Cinnamomum loureiroi)
* Vietnamese Coriander (Persicaria odorata)
* Wasabi (Wasabia japonica)
* Water Pepper, Smartweed (Polygonum hydropiper)
* Watercress (Rorippa nasturtium-aquatica)
* Wattleseed, Australian acacia
* White Mustard (Sinapis alba)
* Wild thyme (Thymus serpyllum)
* Winter savory (Satureja montana)
* Wood Avens, Herb Bennet (Geum urbanum)
* Woodruff (Galium odoratum)
* Wormwood, Absinthe (Artemisia absinthium)
* Yarrow (Alchemilla millefolium)
* Yellow Mustard (Brassica hirta=Sinapis alba)
* Yerba Buena
* Zedoary (Curcuma zedoaria)

o

Hey drippy... I have not spent much time on the mint I have (I think it's spearmint, but someone else has my seed collection at the moment so I can't check). I planted a few seeds a while back and they did not do very well; however, that almost certainly says more about my lack of experience than anything else.

I'm also very fond of rosemary and would love to try growing it... pondered attempting it from grocery store cuttings, but if that also grows well from seed I'd love to start my own.

o

Your very impressive list includes plants that don't produce seed because they are sterile:
French Tarragon is sterile. The tasteless Russian tarragon produces seed though.
Lemon Thyme T. x citriodora (the x means a hybrid and this one is sterile)
Peppermint Mentha x piperita see lemon thyme

Chipotle is a smoked Jalapeno

Mints are quite variable from seed so are not likely to produce the parent. There are two types of Apple mint and one is sterile.

An incredible assortment though. Many plants I have never seen flower because my season is too short. Wish I could participate but don't have time to grow anything exotic.

Have fun everyone!

o

WOW. Thank you so much for the awesome list. I had no idea so many of these were herbs and I don't know what a few of them are. LOL Thank you. I know this will help me a lot. I really appreciate the hard work to make such a long list.

Nichol

o

I mailed mine out this morning. I wish I would have seen your list first I think I may have added one or two more packs. Oh Well. Its in the mail.

Tammy/greenthumbgrow.
:-)

o

Me too Tammy, much as I love herbs and use them every day I probably do not veer far from the norm other than wormwood (seems approriate companion for my gargoyles) Feverfew I grow for the folliage (lovely leaf form) but mostly I don't venture far from the very ordinary.

o

some things i'm sending: summer savory, hops, pineapple sage, garden sage, feverfew, golden feverfew, calendula, horehound, creeping thyme, white sage, mexican tarragon, anise hyssop, bronze fennel, cilantro/coriander, lemon balm, tansy, catnip, catmint, vitex agnus-castus, st. john's chamomile, monarda lambada, balm-of-gilead, etc...
some things i've been looking for:
white flowering milk thistle, arnica, african blue basil, any herb w/gold, variegated or tricolor leaves, sesame, anise, Lavandula angustifolia 'Pink Perfume', Lavandula angustifolia 'Spira', safflower, lime balm, silver-edged horehound......
thanks. mailing tomorrow!

o

Can I join in the fun too ?

kim

o

Hmm, I venture all over the place - I'm growing quite a few medicinals now - LOL, so far I just look at them though. Jaynine, you've got some goodies there! I am waiting for another order to come in (yeah, I ordered some seeds just so I could share in this swap - sick!) and then I will send my package along. It will have a pretty good variety of culinary and medicinal herbs - to keep the surprise aspect, I don't want to tell exactly what I'm sending, so post and/or send zabecc your wish lists!

o

I'm in!

Elizabeth, I'm sorry I took so long to decide, but I was waiting until I had finished wintersowing all of my herbs for this year, so that I could see what I had left. I think I still have enough leftover to join in the fun.

Thanks,
Bonnie

o

FYI - Some things I am really looking for are...

pineapple sage, creeping thyme, white sage, bronze fennel, lemon balm, catnip, sesame, anise, Lavandula angustifolia -any. Anything 'pineapple' or 'mint' or 'lemon' also.

Tammy

o

Elizabeth, my package went in the mail today.

There are a couple of things in it from your wishlist, Tammy : )

Bonnie

o

Yay, more people have signed up and more packages have been received!! We have a great variety of herbs to share already :D

1) zabecc
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill (RECEIVED)
4) drippy
5) greenthumbgrow (RECEIVED)
6) jaynine
7) patti1957
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy
10) clay_lady
11) dessieb
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass
14) gardenmom2
15) thehills2 (RECEIVED)
16) novelist
17) ladylavender
18) gardenfairy04
19) leira
20) etzool
21) misskimmie
22) highalttransplant

o

A heads-up: I don't have the time to put a lot of info on my seed packets - some of them need cold stratification, some don't. Tom Clothier's website has some good information, and usually searching for a specific plant will bring up the germination info somewhere.

Here is a link that might be useful: Germination Info

o

I'd like to join this swap, if I am not too late.

o

i have a ton of herb seeds and would love to do this if there is still room!

- best
sj

o

Can I still get in on this?
-Nicole

o

Everyone is welcome to keep signing up... as long as the mailers are at my house by March 27th! Welcome nicolita, sjkentucky and grovespirit!!

1) zabecc
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill (RECEIVED)
4) drippy
6) jaynine
7) patti1957
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy
10) clay_lady
11) dessieb
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass
14) gardenmom2
15) thehills2 (RECEIVED)
16) novelist
17) ladylavender
18) gardenfairy04
19) leira
20) etzool
21) misskimmie
22) highalttransplant
23) grovespirit
24) sjkentucky
25) nicolita

o
RE: new: herb-ivore swap (reconfigured): emails

I have emailed everyone my address... please let me know asap if you didn't receive the email for some reason.

sjkentucky: Please change your GW settings so that people can send you email from your personal page. Thank you!

o

I don't think I received your email with your addie!! Please send again!! Thanks!! :0)

o

I did not get it. Sorry. There have been a couple people that can't send mail to me??????? Nichol

o

Gardenmom and Gardenfairy: I re-sent you the emails with my address. If you are still having problems receiving it (or if anyone else is for that matter) please email me directly at zabecc@hotmail.com so I can send you my address that way.
Thank you!

o

Thanks. I got it that time. Nichol

o

Hi everyone. I know I haven't posted anything but just wanted to let you know that I am still around and still participating.

Dessie

o

I've received two more packages, thank everyone for sending them in early, it really helps with the organization!

sjkentucky: I still need you to change your personal GW settings so that I can email you my address!

1) zabecc
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill (RECEIVED)
4) drippy
6) jaynine (RECEIVED)
7) patti1957
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy
10) clay_lady
11) dessieb
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass
14) gardenmom2
15) thehills2 (RECEIVED)
16) novelist
17) ladylavender
18) gardenfairy04
19) leira
20) etzool
21) misskimmie
22) highalttransplant (RECEIVED)
23) grovespirit
24) sjkentucky
25) nicolita

o

I have been packing this one along with a few others. It is almost done. I will let you know when I mail. Nichol

o

Hi, Elizabeth - mine went in the mail this afternoon.

Kim

o

Revised participation list:

1) zabecc
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill (RECEIVED)
4) drippy
6) jaynine (RECEIVED)
7) patti1957
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy
10) clay_lady
11) nicolita
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass
14) gardenmom2
15) thehills2 (RECEIVED)
16) novelist
17) ladylavender
18) gardenfairy04
19) leira
20) etzool
21) misskimmie
23) grovespirit
24) sjkentucky

o

bump

o

I'm wondering if there is still time to sign up for this one. I've been busy with other swaps, but I am really interested in medicinals and culinary herbs. I'd like to sign up if stil possible.
Sue

o

Welcome Sue, we'd love to have you join our swap!

o

I received more packages: drippy, nicolita & cjcjmass!

Participation list:

1) zabecc
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill (RECEIVED)
4) drippy (RECEIVED)
6) jaynine (RECEIVED)
7) patti1957
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy
10) clay_lady
11) nicolita (RECEIVED)
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass (RECEIVED)
14) gardenmom2
15) thehills2 (RECEIVED)
16) novelist
17) ladylavender
18) gardenfairy04
19) leira
20) etzool
21) misskimmie
23) grovespirit
24) sjkentucky
25) suecirish

o

Glad you got my package, Elizabeth - this is bound to be a fun swap - what's not to love about herbs?

o
But I forgot

I throw the postage into the envelope before I actually go up to the counter to mail it. I'm always convinced that I throw in more than enough, but in this case, I might not have. I am going to send a few extra stamps along for you - hopefully, you won't need them for my mailer, as I don't need as many seeds back, but maybe they'll help in distributing some of the bonus seeds.

Thanks again for hosting this!

o

I don't think i recieved your address either, please send it again. Chris

o

I have re-sent the email with my address to everyone that let me know that it didn't go through. Please let me know if it worked this time!

Is there anyone else I need to resend it to?

o

Can I join?

Abby

o

The more the merrier! Welcome Abby :D

o

Oh good got a little time. Chris

o

I am packing my seeds up for this swap. :)

Sending, among other things, cinnamon basil and 'agastache Blue Licorice'.

o

Has anyone else had a hard time adjusting to daylight savings? Yawn...
Having a baby has put me months behind my winter sowing... but this past weekend I finally got my first 25 vegetable varieties sown, YAY!!! Now I just need to find some more milk jugs before this herb swap ends :D

NOTE: GW has still been having email issues, it seems like every week one of you realizes that my email did not reach you. Please email me ASAP if you didn't receive my mailing address, THANK YOU!!!

Participation list:

1) zabecc
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill (RECEIVED)
4) drippy (RECEIVED)
6) jaynine (RECEIVED)
7) patti1957
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy
10) clay_lady
11) nicolita (RECEIVED)
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass (RECEIVED)
14) gardenmom2
15) thehills2 (RECEIVED)
16) novelist
17) ladylavender
18) gardenfairy04
19) leira
20) etzool
21) misskimmie
23) grovespirit
24) sjkentucky
25) suecirish
26) phantom_white

o

MIne went out in todays mail. Thank you so much for hosting this swap.

Nichol

o

Argh... I am not going to have time to get my seeds out; too much crap going on. Sorry about that.

o

Hi everyone, hope you're working on getting those packages put together because I can't wait to get them back in the mail to everyone!!

Participation list:

1) zabecc
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill (RECEIVED)
4) drippy (RECEIVED)
6) jaynine (RECEIVED)
7) patti1957
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy
10) clay_lady
11) nicolita (RECEIVED)
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass (RECEIVED)
14) gardenmom2
15) thehills2 (RECEIVED)
16) novelist
17) ladylavender
18) gardenfairy04
19) leira
20) phantom_white
21) misskimmie
23) grovespirit
24) sjkentucky
25) suecirish

o

How the packaging going everyone?

o

well, I am STILL behind since the move, I don't seem to have time for anything.
I thought I would stop in here to see when the cut off date for you to receive is. I will try my best to get the seeds out to you soon.
I will do my best to get on it this weekend and you should have them by the 27th!
Thanks again,

o

My seeds went out in todays mail.

Patti

o

You should be receiving mine any time now. I mailed out last week, Wed or Thursday.

Nichol

o

Nichol-
I got your package today, awesome variety, thank you. I didn't find a wish list attached...
-zabecc

o

I will take anything. Looking for lavender, basils, lemongrass (herb???), bee balm, anything. Sorry I forgot the list. I will try to make a list of what I have and send it to you (email) but if I dont, you do not need to wait for it. My SIL is flying in today and when I get home from work will b here and will be for the next 3 or 4 days. I wil attempt to make a list today at work, but ea. time I plan on accomplishingsomething at work, it does not happen. LOL

Nichol

o

Packing up herb seeds today, for this swap. The goal is to get them mailed by the 20th so that they can arrive by the stated deadline of the 27th. :)

o

The herb seeds for this swap are all packed up and ready to send out.

Dear hubby will probably be the one to mail them. I will be having surgery Friday and may very well be unable to take them to a PO myself.

o

Patti, I received your package yesterday, awesome selection, and thank you for the hostess gift of seeds from my wants list, very thoughtful of you!! I can't wait to try out the shelling beans!!!

One more week for everyone to get their packages to me! I am getting so anxious to pack these up for everyone :D

Participation list:

1) zabecc (RECEIVED)
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill (RECEIVED)
4) drippy (RECEIVED)
6) jaynine (RECEIVED)
7) patti1957 (RECEIVED)
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy
10) clay_lady
11) nicolita (RECEIVED)
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass (RECEIVED)
14) gardenmom2
15) thehills2 (RECEIVED)
16) novelist
17) ladylavender
18) gardenfairy04
19) leira
20) phantom_white
21) misskimmie
23) grovespirit
24) sjkentucky
25) suecirish

o

I just got back from the PO and my package is on the way to you. It won't take long to get there since I'm not too far away. Looking forward to the returns.
~ Sue

o

Thank for hosting this swap:).
I hope all is well with you.

o

Participation list:

1) zabecc (RECEIVED)
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill (RECEIVED)
4) drippy (RECEIVED)
6) jaynine (RECEIVED)
7) patti1957 (RECEIVED)
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy
10) clay_lady
11) nicolita (RECEIVED)
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass (RECEIVED)
14) gardenmom2 (RECEIVED)
15) thehills2 (RECEIVED)
16) novelist
17) ladylavender
18) gardenfairy04
19) leira
20) phantom_white
21) misskimmie
23) grovespirit (RECEIVED)
24) sjkentucky
25) suecirish

o

Great, very happy to see my seeds arrived. They traveled quick! Hubby mailed them for me on Friday and they are already at their destination. :)

o

Elizabeth, I am a little behind still I am gonna do my best to go through the seeds tomorrow and get them mailed out. I am pushing the deadline I know it.
Moving has thrown me for a loop. I have NOT had time to go through any of my seeds! There is something that has to be done EVERYDAY! And seeds are not on the list at the moment!

I am trying really I am!

o

Two more packages in the mail today, woohoo, way to go everyone!

Susan, thank you so much for the cute stationary, very sweet of you :)

Participation list:

1) zabecc (RECEIVED)
2) ncgardengirl
3) fcoffill (RECEIVED)
4) drippy (RECEIVED)
6) jaynine (RECEIVED)
7) patti1957 (RECEIVED)
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy
10) clay_lady
11) nicolita (RECEIVED)
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass (RECEIVED)
15) thehills2 (RECEIVED)
16) novelist
17) ladylavender
18) gardenfairy04
19) leira
20) phantom_white (RECEIVED)
21) misskimmie
24) sjkentucky
25) suecirish (RECEIVED)

o

Dang I feel so bad, I thought I had sent off my package 2 weeks ago , and I almost dropped when i found it addressed and all between 2 of the ;ids pf my seed boxes!!!
Needless to say I put it in the mial box right away. Thanks for hosting this swap. Chris

o

OK, I've sent my packet. The post office says that it will arrive in a day or two...if I'm lucky, just in a nick of time!

o

Mine should also get there by Friday!
I finally got some together. It took a while to find my seeds and I didn't get to send the ones I was looking for BUT I did get some sent so all is well

o

Chris, don't feel bad. I was doing a trade with two people and my dh found their enve's in the truck when he brought me the mail today. They should have been mailed last week. I have been out f town. They are mailed now,but I was like : AAAHHHHHHH". LOL. I think it happens to all of us.

Nichol

o

I did not receive any packages in the mail yesterday, but I did receive Leira's today!

For those of you who have sent them this week, don't worry, I won't start without you :D

There are still 8 of you that I have not heard from in while (since you signed up) and haven't received your packages... any word??

Participation list:

1) zabecc (RECEIVED)
2) ncgardengirl (in the mail)
3) fcoffill (RECEIVED)
4) drippy (RECEIVED)
6) jaynine (RECEIVED)
7) patti1957 (RECEIVED)
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy (in the mail)
10) clay_lady
11) nicolita (RECEIVED)
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass (RECEIVED)
15) thehills2 (RECEIVED)
16) novelist
17) ladylavender
18) gardenfairy04
19) leira (RECEIVED)
21) misskimmie
24) sjkentucky
25) suecirish (RECEIVED)

o
RE: new: herb-ivore swap (reconfigured) REMINDERS

I just sent a reminder email to the 8 of you whom I have not heard from. I have given you a tiny window of opportunity (extra time to send seeds from the original date). Anyone who has not yet sent your seeds PLEASE get them in the mail by TOMORROW at the latest, and let me know that they are on their way... if you don't let me know I will unfortunately not be able to wait for your seeds... since I want to stick to my time of getting them back in the mail to everyone by April 4th... it is only fair to everyone who sent their seeds in on time. Thank you!

I'm am so excited to get these back in the mail to all of you and see if you like to variety!!

REMINDER: I have only received one "NO List". If anyone else has a list of seeds that they absolutely DO NOT WANT please let me know so that I can keep them out of your package. I will of course not be able to give everyone everything on their wants list, but I will do the absolute best that I can to make sure that everyone gets something good.

ALSO: I have received lots of general herbs seeds, like TONS of Sweet Basil. I don't want to send anyone back Sweet Basil that sent it in... so is there anyone out there that would want several packets of Sweet Basil... or other general herbs? Please let me know :)

o

Hi,
I'd be happy to have a couple pkts (or more) of sweet basil, especially if they're from 2008 or 2009. I also wouldn't mind extras of flat leaf parsley, cilantro, oregano, sage and rosemary (if it's not older seed). I absolutely don't want/need any curly parsley, regular thyme or mint seeds. Thanks so much!

o

I will happily take a packet or two of sweet basil. I really do not need much as far as herbs go. But Basil is always welcome.

Frances

o

I also am happy to get several pkts. of sweet basil, and multiple packets of all other basils except cinnamon basil.

I grew cinnamon basil out last yr. and already have too much of it.

I also wouldn't mind doubles of any chamomile, all sorts of thyme, anise, lemon balm, licorice, spearmint, water mint (mentha aquatica), borage, flat-leaf or Italian parsley, chervil, lovage, hyssop, marjoram, spikenard, any savory, any oregano, sage including salvia apiana, any lavender, horehound, soapwort, costmary, valerian, and watercress.

Doubles of rosemary are fine too as long as the rosemary seeds are under a year old. This herb is tough to germinate even when fresh. Older rosemary seed tends to not grow at all for me.

o

I'm glad, in retrospect, that I put more basil seeds into one packet, rather than sending multiple packets!

At least I had some purple and lettuce leaf, in the hopes of being mildly different.

I'm sorry for the more pedestrian nature of my herbs, though...the more unusual stuff had just become a bit too old, and I've been trying to cut back on my seed acquisitions of late.

As for my want list, it was really more of a "I'd be happy with any of these" and not at all a "I expect to get all of these"!

Thanks again for hosting this, zabecc!

o

Elizabeth, you can't be expected to come close to meeting everyone's wants - you don't have any control over what's sent in. Herbs, IMO, are all fabulous - there's no such thing as a "pedestrian" herb. I have gobs of sweet basil, but if I got some back, so what? I love it; I'll still plant it! Plus, it could be that someone else's sweet basil seeds might produce better and stronger plants than the ones I've had previously - you never know!

When I put in a "wants" list, I know darn right well that I have most of the more common acquisitions - but the reason I have them is because they're so great! I can't imagine a season without parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. And basil, too - I just opened my last container of pesto I had put up from 2008 - good thing spring is FINALLY coming to New England!

o

ha ha ha drippy.... I am down to the last bottle of pesto and the last salsa.... I really do not need a single thing, my herb garden is flush already, but basil, summer savoury (why can't you get this at the market???) and parsley are always in high demand!!! (my flatleafed parsley, sage and oregano performed all winter) I know you are ready to move south!!!!

Elizabeth, take deep breaths, herbs are a wonderful thing, but there is really no such thing as too much sweet basil!!!

Frances

o

Just trying to make everyone as happy as possible :D I have been in several swaps with unhappy participants that got so bad that the hostess decided never to host again... just trying to do my best... I'm not stressing over it though, so don't worry :) But thank you to everyone who posts on here so regularly and keeps me updated, it is much appreciated :)

o

I will take any herb you send my way. Even if I sent it in. Like the others said, it may be better seeds or something. I also don't think you can ever have enough herb seeds or anything else, really. Just use them or trade them in a diff. swap. I will be happy with whatever you send my way.

Nichol

o

I received two more packets today from grolikecrazy and ncgardengirl! Thank you for the extra plastic baggies and notepad Fran, so cute!

Participation list:

1) zabecc (RECEIVED)
2) ncgardengirl (RECEIVED)
3) fcoffill (RECEIVED)
4) drippy (RECEIVED)
6) jaynine (RECEIVED)
7) patti1957 (RECEIVED)
8) uptreasa
9) grolikecrazy (RECEIVED)
10) clay_lady
11) nicolita (RECEIVED)
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass (RECEIVED)
15) thehills2 (RECEIVED)
16) novelist
17) ladylavender
18) gardenfairy04
19) leira (RECEIVED)
21) misskimmie
24) sjkentucky
25) suecirish (RECEIVED)

o

uptreasa and clay_lady, thank you for letting me know that they are in the mail :D

1) zabecc (RECEIVED)
3) fcoffill (RECEIVED)
4) drippy (RECEIVED)
6) jaynine (RECEIVED)
7) patti1957 (RECEIVED)
8) uptreasa (in the mail)
10) clay_lady (in the mail)
11) nicolita (RECEIVED)
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass (RECEIVED)
15) thehills2 (RECEIVED)
16) novelist
17) ladylavender
18) gardenfairy04
19) leira (RECEIVED)
21) misskimmie
24) sjkentucky
25) suecirish (RECEIVED)

o

I'm so sorry to not paying attention. Mine were mailed out this morning. Hopefully, they get there faster than the seeds I've been waiting for in another swap. I sent 40 packets. Again, I'm very sorry for being late. Thank you much. Treasa

o

Hey, I hope you saw my don't need these list on my note I sent yah!
I am glad you liked the hostess gifts, can always use those I hope you can too.

Hey, I am really not too picky. I don't need any sweet basil, or cinnamon basil but if you HAVE to put it in my bag I will not complain....
I know there are always some things that come in that is just repeats and everyone sends them, so whatever you have to do if I can get some goods ones is still great!

o

Clay-lady, I received your package. Thank you.

Uptreasa is the last package that I am waiting for. It should be here Tue or Wed, and then I will start packaging up everyone's seeds! There are 6 of you that I never heard from and have not received packages from, so I'm going to have to sort without you, my apologies.

1) zabecc (RECEIVED)
3) fcoffill (RECEIVED)
4) drippy (RECEIVED)
6) jaynine (RECEIVED)
7) patti1957 (RECEIVED)
8) uptreasa (in the mail)
10) clay_lady (RECEIVED)
11) nicolita (RECEIVED)
12) sleepyconsultant
13) cjcjmass (RECEIVED)
15) thehills2 (RECEIVED)
16) novelist
17) ladylavender
18) gardenfairy04
19) leira (RECEIVED)
21) misskimmie
24) sjkentucky
25) suecirish (RECEIVED)

o

I will be happy with anything you send me. I love herbs! I have been using my chives for the past month as they have grown up and I am sooo excited. That and my rosemary are doing great so early in the year I love it!

anyway. Anything will be appreciated and used.

Tammy

o

I have received uptreasa's package... the sorting will now commence. I have started a new page for all future HERB-ivore posts, so please post at the following link from now on, thank you!!!

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roundrobin/msg0310463816741.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here