Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diene_gw

UPDATE: March Garden Decorating Swap

diene
17 years ago

Hello All;

I thought we should start fresh since there are so many of us. I am posting the list of who send to who. Everyone but Cedarnest should have their partners address. I am waiting for Hjust1 to send an address. If that does not happen today, I will readjust the list. Let's keep communication open so people know when things are sent and most importantly, when things are received.

Have fun!! diene

Amyinms sends to Sgaunzon

Beth-b-kodiak sends to Pajohnxo

Astilbestilz6a sends to Dawiff

Cedarnest sends to hjust1

Klickitat sends to Amyinms

Laurelin sends to Lil-green-thumb

Snyder sends to Astilbestilz6a

Debbya sends to Cedarnest

Ilovefarac sends to Klickitat

Pajohnxo sends to Laurelin

Susanbdon sends to Debbya

Mkruby sends to Ilovefarac

Sgaunzon sends to Jenntongrows

Lil-green-thumb sends to Beth-b-kodiak

diene sends to Mkruby

Dawiff sends to Snyder

Jenntongrows sends to Susanbdon

Hjust1 sends to diene

Comments (118)

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

Oh, those recipes sound so good! We'll probably all be eating this on the 17th! LoL!!

• snyder
    17 years ago

I just got home and I came home sick. I have received my box but havn't felt like opening it yet. Will post when I do. I send to astilbestilz6a and I have every thing for her box and will send next week if not before. Will post when I send. Ann

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Ann;
    Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope it is very temporary. diene

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Jenntongrows (Jennifer)

Sent your box yesterday conf #03062400000070026284. Hope you like it!

Sue G.

• snyder
    17 years ago

I opened my lovely box today from Alison(dawiff) She sent me a package of note cards , a green real pretty wind chime, a bag of Lindor Truffles, and 7 garden bookds which I know I will enjoy reading. they were, 2 of fine gardens, theme gardens, backyard makeover, horticulture, garden ideas and great gardens. Thank you Allison. I will be busy reading for a while I loved it all. Ann

• pajohnso
    17 years ago

Hi Laurel! Your box went out today priority mail, and the confirmation #0305 0830 0002 5944 7729. I hope you like it! Paula

• snyder
    17 years ago

I sent Marys box(astilbestilz6a ) today. Conf is 0306 1070 0002 9248 6145. Ann

• astilbebstillz6a
    17 years ago

Hi Ann,
    I am so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I hope you're feeling alot better today.
    Thank you for letting me know that my box is on it's way, I'll be watching for it. Take care of yourself and get well soon!...Marylee

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Ann... hope you're feeling better today! Sounds like you got a really nice box to help you while you recover.

Have a wonderful day, everyone. I'm off to volunteer at a dog spa for homeless pets. Lots of errands to be run afterwards.

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Ann,
    I hope your feeling better soon!

Deb

• jenntongrows
    17 years ago

Susan,

Well.. I wasn't feeling well during the beginning of the week so your box sat in the car. I started feeling better Wednesday and drug myself to the Home & Garden show. Needless to say, I had to bring your box back in the house unpack it.
    Find a bigger box
    and re-pack
    Lucky for you that I did not mail before I went to the garden show because I added 2 things to your box from the show that I hope you will like.

I really hope you like everything. This is my first swap and I have changed my mind on what to send a million times.

By the way, after all the packing and unpacking.. Your box got mailed yesterday

dc-0306 3030 0003 1802 5095

You should receive it tomorrow

Jennifer

• susandonb
    17 years ago

WOW Jenn! Thanks for so much love and effort. I am touched. Can't wait to see what you sent me. I will let you know as soon as I get it.

Susan

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    Well we had almost sixty degree weather on Wednesday and now we are in the middle of a storm that is predicted to leave 6 -12 inches of snow. Where is that groundhog anyway? diene

• jenntongrows
    17 years ago

It's snowing here also.
    On Wednesday I was sweeping off my front porch and planning where I am going to plant all of the wonderful flowers I have growing inside.

Then... Today 5 inches and it is still coming down.

YUCK!!!

• laurelin
    17 years ago

LOL, I understand too! At least we haven't gotten the foot of snow that was predicted - we have "only" about 6". I hope it melts off quickly. Yesterday, before the storm hit, I put out another 7 containers of wintersown seeds. They look snug and cozy under their blanket of white, and I'm dreaming of flowers in a couple months.

Paula, the USPS tracking says your package arrived in my town early this AM - hopefully I'll get it later today. I can't wait!

Laurel

• jenntongrows
    17 years ago

Sue,

My box got here yesterday and my daughter had brought it in and forgot to tell me...
    EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL!!!!
    I love all of the books and magazines.. I will be on the couch reading all day..
    The windchime is beautiful!!
    I have already planted the daylily and it is in the grow room.
    and the sticky pad is perfect. I write myself a list every day or I will forget what I need to do.

Wow, everything was so great.
    Thank you so very much

jennifer

• dawiff
    17 years ago

Hi Ann, I hope you're feeling better, and I am so glad you liked your package! Hope your trip was fun (despite coming home sick).

Alison

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Deb

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Paula,

Thank you SO MUCH for the delightful gift box! Everything you sent is so thoughtful - I really appreciate the care and effort that you put into these gifts.

For everyone's curiosity, here are the treats she sent me:

A ruby red blown glass tealight holder in a bronze-toned hanger, and a bunch of scented tealights. (I'll take this out and hang it from the tree by my garden bench, on quiet evenings.)

Chocolate eggs (MMMMmmmm)
    Gardener's hand cream (I abuse my hands, so this is a GOOD IDEA)
    Suet and a suet hanger for my backyard bird friends.
    A pad of paper with a hummingbird and a rose on it.

AAAANNNDDD - SEEDS!
    Cape gooseberry (cool!), huckleberry (oh boy!), pink cypress vine (hummingbirds!), and a special daylily cross ('Lavender Stardust' x 'Janice Brown'). I've started hybridizing my own daylilies, so this last one is especially exciting for me. I'll probably plant them tonight.

THANK YOU, ever so much, Paula.

Laurel

• susandonb
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    Jennifer I got my box today! WOW! It was wonderful.

Jenn sent me, a beatiful wooden Welcome sign with silk flowers and ivy on it, 2 decorative garden stakes, a flower bulb (don't know what it is?), a glass watering bulb, a beautiful hadn made seed file box with decals on it of butterflies complete with 2 markers inside and 2 different size plastic bags, an easter egg with tomato seeds in it and a beutiful wind chime.

You went way above Jenn, I couldn't believe all the stuff. I hope I didn't foget anything, I am doing this from memory cause I already put most of my stuff away.

Thank you again, I loved it all.

Susan

• jenntongrows
    17 years ago

Susan,

I will email you also but with all of the switching boxes I forgot to put your card in with the directions for the bulb. It is a pink stargazer lily. They had them growing at the garden show. So big and beautiful I could not resist.

Jenn

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

Happy St. Patricks Day everyone! Just wanted Klickitat to know that I will be sending her box on Monday. Have just got to box it up and send it out! Will post dc on it after I am back Monday from po. Thanks, Melinda

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Yay! I can't wait to see my box, Melinda! It looks like everyone has sent out some wonderful boxes. Can't wait to see what sort of goodies await.

Time to trim the shrubs! They're growing out of control and need a little prettying up.

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Laurel - my box arrived the saturday after you sent it! ty so much for a wonderful box - I started with the PPP magazines already. Love them! I love the Birds & BLooms ones also! Lets see I dont think I can find the paper I had all my goodies written on - i think its at home and its not in my pocket book - i am at my moms right now. she ended up with the flu and had it alot worse than i did so ive been here for the past week. going home later tonight. i know it had 2 great salt and pepper sets. one was white and is darling on the shelf in my dining room and the other is pefect color flowers and is also looking good there. I loved the windchimes. Antiqued style and a wonderful sound. forgive me if i forget anything. I know there was lots more in the box! Including seeds! just wanted to make sure you knew i got it!

BETH your box will be going out in the AM. its ready now but its at home and im not lol

Kim

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

Klickitat=I can't find your addy. I emailed you but not sure if you got it through the Gw or not. PLMK what it is. Your box is sitting here ready to go and can't find on the computer or in the folder with trades to go out!! Don't know what happened to it. Or if anyone else has it please email me! I am sure she wants her box!! Thanks so much, Melinda

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Kim;
    I am pleased to know that you are among the living. I was concerned when you did not post receipt of your box and I was more concerned when you did not respond to my e-mail. I was truly worried. Sorry to hear you had the flu and it is worse for older people. Hopefully you and your Mom are both on the mend. Welcome back. diene

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Kim,

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better, and that you've been able to help your Mom. I was concerned that something had happened to you. I'm really glad you like the goodies in the box.

I must have looked like a nut in the store picking out the windchimes. The ones I liked best all LOOKED alike, but they didn't SOUND alike. So, there I stood, holding them up one by one and listening to each, LOL. I must have looked slightly obsessive-compulsive. . . . Looking for the salt/pepper sets was fun, too. It gave me an excuse to go to one of my favorite antique stores. Even with my kids giving me the,"Mom, I'm bored, can't we go home YET?" chorus, it was fun to go on a treasure hunt.

I'm glad you're okay!

Laurel

• klickitat
    17 years ago

ilovefarac... check your email. I sent you my address. For some reason, when people try to email me from GW, it never reaches me anymore. :( If you don't get an email, let's make another arrangement to get in contact.

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Klickitat;
    I sent ilovefarac your address today also so she should be all set. Let me know if that did not work. This is turning out to be lots of fun. diene

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Kim, glad to hear that you are OK. Last I saw was on the green RR where you were feeling poorly. Hope Mom is well now too as being sick is sure no fun. Especially when it is getting nice outside. Take care and I'll be watching the mail.
    Diene, you are doing a terrific job on this swap.
    Beth B

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

Klickitat and Diene-Thanks for sending the addy! Off to the po I go! Will post dc # later! Everyone have a great day! Melinda

• astilbebstillz6a
    17 years ago

Hi Everybody,
    Ann, I received my box yesterday(didn't have time to post until now). I don't know if I will have enough room to list it all.LOL...But here goes: A really nice scented candle, a crocus kit with beautiful vases, liquid fertilizer,
    a magnet, metal plant stakes (never have enough of these),
    a frog windchime (very whimsical),a frog sitter that says "BUG OFF" (how cute!),a bag of Iris rhizomes - one of my favorites!(how did you know?!!),two magazines and two catalogs. Love the Daylily catalog- I've already placed an order, thanks!,I guess...LOL, and last but not least, a
    box of Hershey's chocolate,(could life get any sweeter?!!!)LOL. Thanks so much, Ann, for such a wonderful box...Marylee

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

Klickitat-the dc# on your box was 0306 3030 0001 8124 0557.
    Plmk when it arrives! Thanks, Melinda
    Still anxiously awaiting mine. Really enjoying reading what everyone has rec'd! So much fun!

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good Morning All;
    Just wanted to share a little information with you that I received from the Post Office. I dropped a package off on Tuesday morning at 9:15 am for shipping. I had paid and printed the label on line but waited in line to hand it to a clerk. She said she would handle it. It was a priority package. Now four days later, it still shows that it has not hit the Post Office. When I called to complain I was informed that if you do it on line do not expect to be able to track it. The service you pay for and they provide is "delivery confirmation" not tracking. When I mentioned it was not delivered on time, I was told there were no guarantees with the post office. I am not happy with both of these answers but there is nothing to be done. I hope the package does finally arrive but I am not going to worry about delivery confirmations anymore. diene

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Diene,Thats terrible about the postoffice.I hate when they treat us like we don't know anything!I think I would report that clerk.They are supposed to scan a package in when you print your label online and drop it off to them.They just use their little gun and zap the number into their system that says the package was accepted for shipping.I do all my shipping online too and I have started using the scanform the usps website has.It combines all your shipments for one day online onto one handy form and all the postoffice has to do is scan the one number off the scanform sheet and it automatically shoots all of the separate packages delivery confirmation numbers into the system.Scanform and delivery confirmation are free when you print labels and postage online. I am sure the package you sent will arrive...anyway I hope so : ( Before I started making sure they scanned my packages in,when I would go to the website to check the delivery confirmation number for a package it always said "no record of item being shipped" until the package had actually been delivered...then it was updated.I was always freaking out until I saw it was delivered.That was way too much stress for me!LOL Ask your postoffice about it and if I were you I definitely would report that clerk who waited on you!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Nancy;
    I have called the central post office and they backed her up. Their take is that it is strictly delivery confirmation not tracking shipments. I hate the post office, they are the worst civil servants I have ever known. The good news is the package was supposedly delivered today. I certainly hope so. diene

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Diene,Well those dirty rats! That really blows my mind.Thanks for the info.I agree with you on the post office being the worst civil servants.That is so true.They could use some major reforms! : ( Happy to hear at least they delivered the package for you but that was stress you didn't need for sure.Nancy

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

Hello All! I too have been unable to track my package that I sent to Klickitat! She should have had it yesterday but haven't heard a word yet and can't track even after paying extra for delivery confirmation. Can't tell if it has been delivered or not!
    Now, I rec'd a wonderful box from Diene!!! You didn't have to do that, but I appreciate it! YOu could have emailed and said MKruby wasn't sending and I would have understood! The joy is fixing the boxes up and making someone's day brighter! I really appreciate you making up for her not sending one! It had chocolate (love that), butterfly bush, pineapple lily, asiatic lilies, windchime, 2 gardening books, raspberry tea (love that), stationary, sand dollars and postcard telling about them, sample set of Arbonne products (which me and my daughter use and love!)and since I moved was almost out! , a daylily, and I hope I didn't leave anything out!! You went way above the call of hostess and I am thrilled!! Thank you so VERY MUCH!
    Now where is Klickitat! Worried about my box to her! It was mailed early Tuesday morning with 2 day delivery.
    P.S.- do you know the name of the daylily? Couldn't find it on anything.

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Melinda;
    You may get a box from your partner, I have no idea as I cannot get any response from e-mail but I had a great time putting together your box so enjoy. I am sure klickatit will get her box soon. The daylily is a tall yellow, I actually bought it but at a discount store in a box and all it said was daylily with a picture of a beautiful tall yellow daylily. We still have snow so I could not dig anything. Sorry not to be able to give it a name, the same with the asiatics, they were not named but in a package that said assorted colors. I am never able to keep track of my named flowers so I do not worry about names anymore. Thanks to everyone who sent, posted and generally kept this going for a wonderful month. We will wait for klickatit to finish this in style. diene

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Diene,
    You really did a wonderful job as hostess this month. Also, thank you for sending Melinda a package too. I hope everything's ok with MKruby. She didn't respond to your email? Hmm? I'll have to email her and see if everything's ok.

Oh Jules, did you get your package yet? Come out, come out where ever you are? LOL! ;)

Deb

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

Klickitat! Please let me know if you rec'd the box. Had a perishable in it so hope you got it. Should have had by last Thursday!
    Has anybody heard from her? Thanks, Melinda

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Melinda;
    I just checked and they delivered your package on Friday morning so at least we know it arrived. I am sure that klickitat will post shortly, she is probably too busy planting all your goodies. This has been fun but when Klickitat posts then we will have an official end. They have started sign ups for the next month. I cannot remember whether I signed up or not, I will check it out later. I have to make a dessert to take to a party tonight and excavate my spare room in case we have a stray that should not drive home. Have a wonderful weekend, the snow is almost gone and I have several crocus in bloom. diene

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I just thought I would post this, it arrived in my e-mail today and is the official answer on delivery confirmation. They are not offering a tracking service at all. Don't you just love it?
    diene

Discussion Thread
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Response (Elizabeth S) - 03/24/2007 02:15 PM
    Dear (deleted by me),

Thank you for visiting our website. I understand you are inquiring
    about the arrival of item number 01038555749868832697.

Our system shows your item was delivered at 8:33 AM on March 23, 2007
    in (I removed where it was delivered to)

Please note that the label number you provided is a Delivery
    Confirmation number. Delivery Confirmation is not a trackable service. It
    is only intended to show confirmation of delivery or delivery status of
    the item.

Please note that the only trackable service offered by the Postal
    Service is Express MailÂ. If your mailpiece was sent using one of the
    following confirmation services, the associated label numbers are not
    trackable:

- Delivery ConfirmationÂ
    - Signature ConfirmationÂ
    - Certified MailÂ
    - Registered MailÂ
    - International Registered MailÂ

These services are intended only to provide confirmation of delivery.
    The information available for these items through our Track and Confirm
    page requires an update only when delivery status changes.

If you need detailed tracking of your mailpiece, consider using our
    Express Mail service. Items purchased with the following services are
    scanned upon acceptance, whilte in transit, and upon delivery (including
    attempted delivery):

- Domestic Express Mail®
    - Global Express Mail ®
    - Global Express Guaranteed®

If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please feel free to
    contact me. Thank you for using the United States Postal Service®.

Regards,

Elizabeth S

Customer - 03/21/2007 01:30 PM
    Why is there no information on a priority one rate package I handed to
    a postal clerk at the Scarborough Post Office yesterday morning at
    9:17? It had a label with a delivery confirmation "Click and Ship" label.
    This happens all the time and then I have to wait for it to arrive to
    prove I sent it. If you offer a service it should work.

• klickitat
    17 years ago

ilovefarac... YES! Your package arrived!!! It's wonderful! I'm sorry not to post sooner... I work weekends and am signed up to work Fri-Mon (12 hour shifts). I've already dug through the box and am THRILLED with what you sent!!! On Tuesday (yes, a delay) I'll post what you mailed. It's absolutely wonderful!

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

Oh, I am so glad you got it! Was kinda worried about whether it made it ok or not! I am glad you liked everything! One never knows! but you said to pick things I would like and it worked! Thanks, Melinda
    I know how those 12 hour shifts are. Did them at the hospital for years!!

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

YEAH!!!! I got a great package today from Kim,"lil green tuumb". A lavender note pad for the fridge with butterflies and a lavender grow kit. I never tried lavender but I sure will now.
    Adorable frog , pot holders. So cute and I just love frogs. Seeds for a pretty pink petunia and a bicolor gallardia. They will both go into my front garden this summer.
    There is a colorful windchime with A cut glass butterfly and flower. Really pretty, and I am anxious to see it outside with the sun shining on/through it. Kim also sent a very nice little spray mister that is green with butterflies on it. Green is my favorite color so that is a good choice and, I'll use it a lot. I try to mist my new cuttings twice a day. This one makes a very fine spray. I already tried it. LOL

AND, whooooo hooo, MAGAZINES. I confess to loving reading material in general and magazines in particular. She sent 5 magazines that I have not seen before and a Farmers Almanac "Garden Guide". I'm going away this weekend and have TONS to do before I leave. It is a real struggle to not sit down and start reading. I'm going to try hard to save them for on the plane, but i just might not make it.
    Thanks KIM. SUPER JOB on the choices you put into the box. I'll take you for a partner anytime :o)
    Beth B

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    What a flake!! I thought Beth had already received her box, my mistake. What a great box. This was a great group with only one mishap. That is above average for swaps I have previously been in. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Have a wonderful spring. diene

• klickitat
    17 years ago

My apologies to ilovefarac for not posting as promised the contents of her wonderful box. I literally slept away the entire day! I was awake for a Dr.'s appt, some gardening, and to feed the dog. It felt great to catch up on sleep!

The box from Melinda... *drumroll please*

- A bunny statue for the garden
    - Tennessee Ostrich Ferm
    - Chipmunk statue
    - Citronella coil
    - 2 plant stakes: one butterfly, one squirrel
    - 2 garden stakes
    - Set of garden tools
    - Shade Gardening book!
    - Southern Living Landscape Book!
    - Bag STUFFED with seeds!!!

Once again... THANK YOU SO MUCH! for the fabulous box!

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

So glad you liked it! Was fun putting it together! Melinda

• diene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well I think we can say this was a success. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. Have a wonderful spring. Happy Easter. diene