Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drippy_gw

update: tgs - the rest

drippy
17 years ago

Theme Garden Swap participants: your "The Rest" packages are in the mail. Again, I sent them all with delivery confirmation, so email me if you don't see yours in a few days.

I don't think anyone got everything they wanted. Most of you got most of what you wanted. I split packs whenever necessary and feasible, but some packs were just too small to split. I don't believe I overlooked anything, so if you didn't get something you were looking for, it was because I didn't have enough of it to go around.

Happy gardening!

Kim

Comments (12)

• dawiff
    17 years ago

Yikes! Thanks so much, Kim, for going the extra extra mile and doing this too. Bet you were glad to see the last of those packages go out the door!

I will be happy no matter what, and truly appreciate all the work you did on THE SWAP THAT ATE YOUR LIFE!

Alison

• drippy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

*egrin*, Alison - it really did! But you know, I look at all the cool things I got from all of you, and think "wow!" - I did spend some time this past week WSing some - and I hope you all are feeling the same way.

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

thanks so much drippy
    I did a bunch of WS too, but I would not mind having more to do, I will app. anything I get.
    thanks again so very much for all the work you have done
    michelle

• moonphase
    17 years ago

Kim,You have been the best host.Thank you for all the extra work you have done to make sure we all got the great seeds you sent,and now for making sure the ones that wanted left overs,are getting them.You are just super.
    moonphase

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

Hi Kim, I got my package. Thank you so much for going above and beyond on this swap. You did a fantastic job, and to then do it again with the extras. I hope you take a long break now. Thank you for taking the time to look through my wants and sending some along. How very thoughtful of you. I am off today to hopefully get some wintersowing done. Thank you again. Your kindness will always be remembered~Heather

• drippy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good, between emails and postings, it seems like the round 2 packs are arriving. If anyone that requested seeds DIDN'T get their package, please let me know (Sandysgarden and Barbamaman, your requests just went out yesterday, so it might take a couple of more days). I have delivery confirmation #s (somewhere, LOL), and I can check on them if necessary.

I enjoyed this swap, too - a lot of you sent me great stuff, which I am WSing now. Not sure about next year yet, as there are some other directions I want to pursue (crafts, writing - things that have been set aside in my last 5 years' gardening blitz) - but next year is far away at this point.

Hope you all are having a good winter and aren't too heavily snowed in ('cept Scouttie; I've seen her pictures, and man, I'm glad I live on the south coast of MA right now...)

Best wishes to all,

Kim

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello kim
    I got my package, and thank you sooooooooo much.
    I will have plenty to plant an annual garden for my MIL this year.
    it is going to be a surpris for her birthday( mid april) which is at a great planting time to most annuals.
    for an early christmas presant I planted her about 400 bulbs all in one bed, the annuals will go on top of them when they are done

thanks sooo very much
    michelle

• limequilla
    17 years ago

Yay! Mine came today! Thank you so much, Kim! I can't believe you took the time to split those packs and I thank you for all the stuff you sent because of, once again, going the extra mile!

I have been sowing all day and am up to 199 jugs! I have plenty more to do, but ran out of jugs until tomorrow. I am just sticking them out on top of our 20" of snow because the last thing I need is to keep them in the house where they might germinate!

Lime

• squirrelspur
    17 years ago

Kim, received my package.
    Once again, many thanks for all your work.

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    17 years ago

Hi Kim! I received my package too. Thanks a bunch for the seeds and your extra work on this...you're the best! - Lisa

• barbamaman
    17 years ago

We're so snowed in we haven't been to the Post Office in a few days. The package you sent me, Kim, is probably sitting there waiting for me!

199 jugs! Limey you are mad!!! And you just set those out right on top of all this snow, and in these awful temperatures?...maybe it isn't as bad where you are. Maybe you are braver than I am...

See, I'm tiptoeing gradually into wintersowing. I planned to plant several flats and then just set them on the patio table so I can check them often. I'll put a few out in the walled garden right out in the bluster! But not my most precious seeds.

BTW if any of you see me listing on my trade page anything you sent, it is only because our woods varmints will not let me grow any at all, or because I planted all I needed and offered the rest of your wonderful seed to others while it is fresh. There was NOTHING I was not delighted with - just some things I cannot grow!

This has been such fun. Still is! Brightened winter right up!

Barb

• strmywthr3
    17 years ago

kim, my package came the other day. thanks again!

Barbi