4.cedarnest and mellen

5.veeja11 and ilovefarac

6.mmqchdygg and micyrey

7.snyder and rosebud_2050

8.moonphase and asaylor

9.debbya and llbean

10.sguanzon and pajohnso

11.cheri 2007 and Pattex

You each will have to e-mail your partner for mailing info.

Remember to make this a "theme" package and have it mailed by March 12th with a delivery confirmation number.

Have fun! and thanks for waiting for me :-)

Comments (97)

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello tina
    those glasses are deffinantly me, how did you know?
    I'm happy you got your box so fast.
    If you have not grown the gourds before, it is fun to grow them on a (sturdy) trellis or fence.
    last year I trained mine up over my chicken run, and it was soooo cool to walk out and have them hanging over my head, and they come out very round and symetrical when they are hanging.
    glad you enjoyed the box
    michelle

• moonphase
    17 years ago

Cheri,I mailed your box today.I sent it priority at USPS.The confirmation # is 03061070000349123306. I really hope you enjoy your gifts.This was so much fun for me.
    moonphase

• pajohnso
    17 years ago

Well, I got my box today!!!!! Thank you so much Sue! There was a wonderful bath basket and green shell soaps, which matches perfectly for the guest bathroom. A little basket filled with goodies for my daughter, green hair ties, shamrock shoe laces, shamrock garland, and a bunch of stickers which she has already plastered all over her shirt ; ) A book about Irish Traditions, which looks very cool. A magnetic notepad, and a journal which is perfect because I was just looking for one today and didn't buy one ; ) Some garden gloves, photo book, a sweet little garden bag, a cute little Irish notepad with Irish sayings and an Irish blessing plaque. If that wasn't enough, she also included all kinds of seeds that I cannot wait to plant like Bells of Ireland (of course).

Wow, thank you so much Sue....I hope you enjoy your box as much as I do.

Thanks to our wonderful hostess for putting this together!!

• rosebud_2050
    17 years ago

Ann(snyder),I will be mailing your package in the morning .I will post dc#when I mail ....
    I just want to say Thank you for all of the prayers and kind thoughts at the loss of my dad.I especially thank you Tina and Nancy.it is the hardest thing to go on after a loved one passes,but you have to ....I am trying to stay busy and work in my gardens.. Shirley

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    I keep forgetting to put in a wish a day but maybe a wish when I remember will be more accurate.
    "Here's wishing you the tops o' life
    Without a single tumble
    Here's wishing you the smiles o' life
    And not a single grumble
    Here's wishing you the best o' life
    And not a flaw about it
    Here's wishing you all the joy in life
    And not a day without it."

diene

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Diene,I love that wish : )
    And may you all find a pot of gold in the form of friendships at the end of that rainbow.
    Nancy

• cheri_2007
    17 years ago

moonphase-i received my package today-my i loved it...it felt like xmas with a green theme---i've already eaten a couple of the candies, and will be burning that candle when i have a "tubby" tonite-being sat. nite and all..!! i was so pleased to see the celtic cd as i caught a glimpse of them on one of those pbs showings last week-they sounded so angelic-and then i get the cd from you-wow-love the socks-& booties-and am looking forward to reading the nora roberts book-you were right on with your theme-and the seeds-can't wait to get my hands in the spring dirt-i will have a toast to you on st. patty's day with my new icy green cup and i also love the leprechaun-he will bring some luck on my desk at work....thank you so much-you have made a fun day of getting something in the mail...hope you enjoy the package i have sent to you too....thanks cheri karras

• llbean
    17 years ago

Deb~
    Never to busy to post when I get a box. I got your box today.. I am going to have to update everyone on the last 4 digits to our zip.. I guess there is a highlnad ct, highland circle and highland Court. and there is a 3771 on two of them... so someone else who is very nice gets much of our mail.. the box appeared retaped so I hope that I list everything.
    Deb, thanks thanks thanks..
    I got the coolest.. Basket o' seeds.. I got a super cute green basket full of many seeds that I am dying to try. She also sent me a great shamrock suncatcher, that is now in my front window. A very nice kitchen soap in green.
    Thanks so much I can't wait to start looking the seeds up..
    I will send your package monday.

Laura

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Laura,
    I wish I would of wrote everything down I sent. I know I also included St. Patrick's Day stickers, and St. Patrick's Day napkins, bookmark. I swore I also included a green windcatcher?
    Did it look as though someone rummaged through it?

I had my fingers crossed that the glass shamrock suncatcher wouldn't break. I'm glad it didn't.

Deb

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sounds like everyone is receiving great St. Patrick's Day surprises!

Diene - I LOVE your daily posts! Oh, I also wanted to say thank you for the sugar scrub! I love it. I should make a list over everything before I post so I don't forget anything! I just loved your gifts!
    Your box is going out the first of the week!
    I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed yours :-)

Have a great week!
    Tina

• llbean
    17 years ago

Deb~
    The sun catcher is my Fav.. I have to be honest.. It actually looks like it might have been damaged in route.. It was still perfect on the inside.. There was stickers stuck on the inside of the box, I just thought that you did it.. I mean not many, a few..
    I love my box.. Also wanted to tell you that I forgot to put on the card, that I will send you purple oxalis triangularis when I get it in the spring.. 10 bulbs yipeee.. I can't wait to get them so I will send it when I get them..
    Laura

• mellen
    17 years ago

Nancy, I am so glad that you enjoyed what I sent. It was fun swapping with you again. Love the weather, don't you? Mary Ellen

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Laura,
    Hmmm? That's strange.. Someone had to of opened the box, and re-taped it when it went to the wrong address. That was a new priority box and I didn't stick any stickers on the inside. I sent a new page of shiny shamrock stickers still in the package. I also included some St. Patty's day napkins with the box. And I swore I added a green windcatcher. I need your complete zipcode so this doesn't happen again. I'm glad the box made it to you with an incomplete zip.

I've been looking for purple oxalis, thanks Laura! ;)

Deb

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    Tina wow! what a great box!! sorry I did not post earlier had a very buisy weekend.
    I got my box on friday.
    it had two packs of dahlias sky angel(purple) and k. floodlight( yellow)
    also had a blue boy phlox
    some great gloves, I have a bad habit of not wereing gloves and I need to stop that.
    a flower note book, I can use to keep track of what I plant.
    A photo album, I took many photos of my flowers last year I think I'll put them in there.
    a wonderfull stack of great seeds, sunflowers(jade and chantie, purple & yellow zinnias, coriopsis tetra giants, and viola princess and cornuta)
    and some st pats stickers for my boys, they loved the the silly cats and dogs.
    thank you very very much for all the great gifts.
    have a great spring
    michelle

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

Veeja11-your box is going out today. Will post dc# later. Hope you enjoy! Sounds like everyone is having a great box! Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Melinda

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Mary Ellen,I agree it was so nice swapping with you once again too,Oh, the weather here has been heavenly :)I am just getting so spoiled...60 degrees already .Unheard of so early...but I'm not complaining : ))Well everyone I am off to play in the dirt.Hope everyone has a great week!
    Nancy

• moonphase
    17 years ago

I received my box today from Cheri and boy did I ever hit the jack pot with such a sweet and wonderful trader.Green peeps,Cheri,how did you know I love those things.I received a great wooden bowl with St Patty on it,a great`St.Patty's flag that I almost bought myself the other day,Irish Cream coffee,yummy from Whittard of Chelsa no less,a mini tomato grow kit in the cutest St.Patty bucket and chive seeds,gloves,which I needed,,a roll of twist ties which I also needed and a green scrunchy,which I will definately use.Thank you so very much Cheri.You are the best.I too will send up a Irish prayer for you and a wonderful thought for your kindness.
    moonphase

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Melinda your box is packed and ready to go just need a ride to the po hopefully tomorrow hugs carol

• susandonb
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Rosie, I got my box Saturday and it was wonderful.
    I got an adorable squirrel garden statue, St Patty's stickers, a cute leprachan hat with jelly beans attached, a flower dvd, seeds, 2 cute not pads, a cute door hanger and even some treats for Teddy and Baxter, they love them!

Thank you tons it was great. Your box is going out tomorrow first thing. I had it almost packed and broke one of your items I had to run out and get another then my brakes went on my car and I was house bound all weekend.

Life is good.
    Susan

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

Michelle- just checking...the thistle feeder was still in there, right? Only cuz I knew you wanted one, and that was the last thing I bought and put in there...
    That was a short trip!!! I only mailed it on Thursday morning ~ 9am! Wow...either the PO is WICKED fast, or it's WICKED slow.
    Enjoy, and I hope your b-flies & hummers like the purps & yellows! It was great trading with you!

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    I apologize for being derelict in my duties to provide an Irish saying but we Irish are known to forget!!
    Anyway, how about a prayer?

" You've blessed me with friends
    and laughter and fun
    With rain that's as soft
    as the light from the sun---
    You've blessed me with stars
    to brighten each night
    You've given me help
    to know wrong from right---
    You've given me so much
    please, Lord give me too,
    A heart that is always
    Grateful to you.

Rather nice thought. Have a wonderful week everyone. Slanche' diene

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

Carol- Your box is on it's way this morning. I didn't get the dc # put in. But here it is now--0306 3030 0003 1266 1138. I hope you like it. Was fun getting the little things! Melinda

• rosebud_2050
    17 years ago

Ann (snyder)almost forgot to post dc# 03063030000323092082
    I hope you enjoy everything....Shirley

• susandonb
    17 years ago

Rosie, I got your box out today at 7 am. Sorry it took me so long. It went priority and I hope you get it by Friday.
    Don had new surgery today and he is in a cast from the tip of his fingers to his elbow. Been a crazy 2 weeks, here is hoping things level off.

Thank God for the beautiful weather we have been having, 75 today!

Susan

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Diene - Your box went out today #0306 2400 0000 0341 0135

Hope you enjoy! Love your daily posts!!!

Tina

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hi tina
    so sorry I had a total brain *%#@@, yes the feeder was in there and I could not wait to fill it and put it out. the goldfinches will be comming back any day now. we had tons of them last year and I never get tired of watching them.
    I let my son Timmy(4 years old) plant a tray of the zinnias and he was very proud and I'm going make him his own planter this year to plant them.
    thanks again
    michelle

• diene
    17 years ago

"To Wish you the top o' the morning
    The best that any day sends
    to wish you the cheer at noontime
    That comes with the thought of friends--
    And when the evening shadows
    Fall lengthening o'er the way,
    To wish you the heart's contentment
    That comes with a perfect day."

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Paula !!

I got your box! Opened the box to see great St. Patrick's Day napkins - those will come in handy! Ghiradelli chocolate squares (hiding from DD) A leprecaun garden statue and a shamrock garden stake. Some neat water jewels, going to have to look into that! A fairy garden stake, a really cute gnome on a rock and a beautiful wind bell with a wonderful deep sound. And seeds! ! sweatpeas, mixed chartreuse and purple flowers and pink fuzzy bean - one of my most wanted!

Everything was so perfect and I love it so much.

Thanks a lot!

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Diene,I really enjoy the Irish sayings you post for us.They are all so neat.You know I have heard many of them in passing before but I never "actually heard them" if that makes any sense.LOL Anyway I just wanted to thank you for posting them.They really brighten my day : )
    Hope everyone is having a wonderful month.
    Nancy

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

Diene, I too also love the Irish sayings and prayers! Very nice. Hope everyone is getting ready for spring! It has definitely sprung here, just hope things don't get bitten by the winter bug just one more time!! So many things blooming and getting pretty! Melinda

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    I am here now and probably will not be able to get back until late tonight so I will do my thing now
    "May joy be your companion
    Through each and every day
    Bringing lots of Irish luck
    And happiness your way."

Have a joyful day!!!
    diene

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I received wonderful box from Melinda today, everything was in pretty green tissue, wonderful wolf statue, pretty dragon fly green windsock, lady bug plant stakes, glad bulbs a gold shamrock pin, cute copper plant stakes pretty card hope I didn't forget anything, I love it all. Thankyou your box will go out friday. thankyou hugs carol

• pattex
    17 years ago

I have to apologize to the group. I didn't know my email address wasn't there, and whenn I didn't hear from anyone, I thought it had closed and didn't check anymore. Then tonight noticed it was because of my email not being listed. So sorry. pattex

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

Carol-so glad you liked the box! Never know what to send, but always have fun doing it! Have a great day everyone. Thanks for letting me know when you are sending! Melinda

• snyder
    17 years ago

Just got home from Texas and have opened my box from Shirley(rosebud 2050) She sent me the most things , She sent,5 drip pans to sent flowers in, seed starter kit, 20 jiffy pots,poppy peony seeds, 2 candle holders for tea candles an 2 candles, st patrick head band, green envy Zinnia seed,wind chime, shamrock hair clips, st patrick napkins, Irish book on fun food and crafts for st patrick day, hanging shamrock decortation,and braclet,box of ghirardelli candy and a live shamrock plant(oxalis).also 3 pair green beads Shirley I love it all and thank you very much. Ann

• rosebud_2050
    17 years ago

Ann ,I am glad you enjoyed the things I sent.I had fun putting it together.I hope you had a great trip to Texas ....Shirley

• flowersandbirds4ever
    17 years ago

checking in-Nothing yet-maybe tomorrow! Happy St.Patty's Day to Everyone,anyone going to wear green?

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Laura's box arrived. I'm really tired tonight, and will post what was in the box tomorrow. It's been a long day!

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello Tina;
    I received your box yesterday but did not get home until ten so I waited until this morning to open it. What fun stuff was in my box!! A traveling shot glass (a must for all Irishmen)! A string of Shamrock garland, a sheet of festive window clings, suet for the irish birds!!, a dragonfly window flag, Cappuccino, peat pots and clover seeds. What fun I will have with all of these. Thanks Tina Erin Go Bragh!!

• diene
    17 years ago

Here is my message for today;

"These things I warmly wish for you--
    Someone to love,
    Some work to do,
    A bit o' sun
    A bit o' cheer
    And a guardian angel
    Always near."

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Laura always sends such a festive package! Everything was green! ;)

A cute Mom's garden statue, shamrock keychain, keylime pie body butter & lotion, plus a green scrubby. Garden gloves, green "all purpose" mesh bag, nice selection of seeds, double red begonia tubers, Irish light up pen!

Thanks so much Laura, I really love everything you sent!

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Diene,
    Love the quotes of the day, so uplifting!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Just received this in my email, it sounds yummy! It's for the slow cooker (which I love using, it gives you lots of extra time to do other things)

1-2 lbs stew beef
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 cup cut carrots
    1/2 cup cut celery
    1 can mushrooms
    1 tbsp flour
    1 envelope onion soup mix
    1 can beef or chicken stock
    1 can stewed tomatoes
    Brown stew beef with onions and a bit of flour. Put carrots, celery, mushrooms, garlic to taste in crock pot, add browned beef and mushrooms on top. Add about 2 cups of stock, beef or chicken, and a can of stewed tomatoes. I also like to add an envelope of onion soup mix at this point. Season to taste, I like to use sea salt and fresh ground pepper, oregano, sage and bay.
    Cook on high first two hours, then low for 4-6. Serve over mashed potatoes.

Deb

• diene
    17 years ago

The day is finally here and all our plans have been postponed or cancelled due to Mother Nature. Oh well, it is still a great day to be Irish.
    Here are our final thoughts

"May the lilt of Irish laughter
    Lighten every load,
    May the mist of Irish magic
    Shorten every road,
    May you taste the sweetest pleasures
    That fortune ere bestowed,
    And may all your friends remember
    All the favors you are owed."

And the final and most important wish for everyone

"May you be half an hour in heaven
    Before the devil knows you're dead."

Have a great day. diene

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Deb

• flowersandbirds4ever
    17 years ago

I got my box-from susandonb
    i got a pair of green beads,small little green hats.a magnet for making coffees for my fridge,seeds.
    a batchelor button and small pot to plant it in,
    something that was canned-not sure what it was it was not marked, a lilac soap and cloth.ty susan

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Happy Belated St. Patricks Day Ladies!

Has everyone gotten their boxes?

Diene, I'm going to miss your daily posts. I'm glad you liked your box :-). I liked mine too!

Please post here if you haven't received yet.

Have a great week ladies!
    Tina

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

Wow! I got my box this morning and it sure brightened my day! Carol-what a fun box!! I loved it! Got up sick today and this brightened my morning! I got a green makeup bag with travel size brush, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, and lotion in it! Perfect as always going to grandbabies and back for a night or so! 3 pair of earrings -I LOVE Them!! A large black cherry candle in a jar! Perfect! A green lizard "Iggy"-the beanie baby one! Go with my others. Shamrock body jewelry=very cool! St. Patricks Day armband with leprechaun on it. Bag of Almond Roca toffee, ton of mini Twix bars (one of my FAVS!!!!), a box of Liberty Orchards fruit and nut delights! YUM, YUM! Didn't you know I needed to start a diet-maybe next week! LOL! Green And Gold Bead necklaces with gold bell. Green M&M lady stationery-cool! And a pair of sip and wear glasses! If I can get some one to take my pic in them I will send it to you Carol and you can post! Haven't figured that out yet! So cute!And last but not least a ton of seeds! I really enjoyed the box. Was such fun getting all of it out and seeing what was what!! Thanks so much! Melinda

• susandonb
    17 years ago

Sorry I forgot to label the preserves. It is pear butter. I also got some of the little hats and planted some small plants in them to give to friends.

Glad it arrived.
    Susan

• flowersandbirds4ever
    17 years ago

I thought susan it was a relish lol it has peppers and corn in it?