Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hummingbirddaisy

NEW: You're invited to a Bridal Shower! (irishrosegrower)

hummingbirddaisy
18 years ago

As many of us know, irishrosegrower, Maureen, is getting re-hitched, smiles. She is remarrying her ex-husband after an 11 year seperation! Her son is just thrilled!

I would love to host this shower for her, and you all are invited!

She will be gone for a short period of time this month, so I would like for her gifts to arrive during March.

This is obviously a very special time in her life, so let's celebrate!

R.S.V.P. by February 24th here please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Congrat's Maureen~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tina

Comments (46)

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Tina!! you are the best!!!...what a super idea :)
    Please count me in...Let me know the details!

Yep... i am getting into the animated name thing now!

• jesslovesreg
    18 years ago

Hi Tina,
    That's a great idea, I'd love to be a part of it.
    Looking forward to the details - Jess

• suebo
    18 years ago

Pls count me in!
    Thanks,
    Sue

• giverny4me
    18 years ago

Tina this is too sweet! Count me in please. /Susan

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Tina...
    I know things have been hectic for you, so if you need any help with this swap, (e-mailings, etc) PLMK..I would love to make things easier for you
    Blue Skies
    Trish

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Hi Tina !
    I can only imagine how crazy things have been for you!
    Just "bumping" and checking on this RR...Any specific rules to follow??
    PLMK this is very exciting!
    Trish

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

This is just the sweetest thing. Tina, you are such a thoughtful lady! I am trully touched by you. And Dancing moons, Jess, Suebo and giverny4me - you are all such good sports to join in on this. I feel blessed to have met Tina and you nice ladies. I don't remember anyone doing anything so nice for me.

Tina, my prayers are with you and your husband. I hope he is recovering. Please update me when you have a chance, I'm worried for you guys.
    Hugs,
    Maureen

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sorry for the MIA ladies!
    Here is what I would like to do.
    I would like for Mrs! Maureen to post a wish list of things to send the "New Bride"!
    In each box, I would like there to be a special card for the bride!
    I want this to be FUNtabulous time ladies! Get in here and chit chat, tell jokes, make this a wonderful time for Mrs! Maureen! I know she has already tied the knot, so, let's make the shipping date April 1st! and pack it full of fun Spring item's and of course item's from Maureen's wish list.

Maureen, I am happy for you and I send you lot's and lot's of love my sweet and dear friend.

Let's get this party started!
    Tina

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

Tina, sending you an email later. The wedding is March 18 - in about 2 weeks. We leave for ST. Thomas on 3/17...can't wait :-)

Maureen

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Maureen I am so excited for you!!....I could tell you a story about me an my "ex" LOL!! probably similar to yours!, but..............hahahahahaha girls, my lips are sealed! ..and it didnt work out the way yours is anyway!!this is way too cool for you Maureen, and getting to go to nice warm St. Thomas too! Will your son being going with you also??
    Hurry and post your wish list for us !! Blue Skies to you and your soon to be (again) hubby! ...Dont know his first name! LOL!!..I think i have had way too much coffee today!
    TRISH

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

Trish, I would love to hear that story ;-)

My only wish list is for plants and flowers.
    I don't want anyone to have to go out and buy something, so maybe you can all send me a plant from your yard?

Here's a few things I'm lusting after..

Casablanca lily or other fragrant lilys
    fruit bushes (blueberry/raspberry)
    fragrant flowers
    any vine/plants that attract hummingbirds
    or any pretty flower from your yard that you want to share.

You guys are the best.

I'm so grateful to have nice friends like you guys.

p.s. Hubby's name is Doug

and my son Michael is not coming with us. WE are taking a long weekend, leaving Friday a.m. getting married on Saturday and coming back Monday evening. A couple of months later we are then taking a family vacation camping at Strawberry Park (have you been their Trish, it's in CT??).

Maureen

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

Guys, this place looks so amazing, check out the link to see this pretty place. It's rated the no. 1 bed and breakfast in St. Thomas.

Doesn't it look heavenly??

Here is a link that might be useful: getting married here

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

WOWOWOW!! Maureen!...what a GREAT place! you are going too!...Beautiful spot to get married in also!!
    It will all be perfect i am sure!...How old is Michael??
    One of these days i will e-mail you and tell you "my EX story" LOL!! for your ears only!!...Sorry gals!...
    OH!! I looked up Strawberry Park, It is up here near Mystic Seaport/Aquarium (you should go to the aquarium too.. AWESOME!)...It looks like a cool place lots to do,,,it would be about 90 minutes East of me...not too far :)
    Blue Skies today!

• dancingmoons_gmail_com
    18 years ago

I WENT SHOPPING!! YIPPIE!! I am having a blast...!
    Sorry for shouting i just wanted to share, my daughter came with me, and we had tons of fun!! OOOO-LA-LA..Fun stuff we found! heheheheehehhe!! Watch out Maureen!!

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

TINA....
    I know this is Maureen's post, but since you have the biggest heart!! and are so full of kindness, i got these for you and wanted to post them here for you to "pick up!" I didnt think anyone would mind :)
    Blue Skies!!
    Trish

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh Trish! These are beautiful! You wouldn't think that this would make one teary eyed, but here I am all weeping. You are such a sweetheart. Thank you so much!
    I hope I do this right, LoL. I have no idea how to keep these.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

OOps! Hmmmmm??? I'll have to have hubby help me *embarrassed*

I just love'em Trish. Again, thank you sooooooo much!
    Love, Tina

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

Trish - you are so funny. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun :-)

Ohhh, and I love those hummimgbirds. I like the one that is eating the nector. So how exactly do you all do that?
    Tina, your not alone. Don't worry.

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

darn it, LoL!

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dancing "cha cha cha cha cha CHA"

Cool, Awesome!
    ~Thank you Trish~

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

I'm impressed Tina. That's so pretty. WEll done

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Lets do the happy dance!! Three cheers for Tina!!!...I knew you would get it right LOL!! I am glad you like them!
    I dont make them, i am not that creative, i posted some links below...they are really super people, and the signatures are free :)

SO....now that i have had my **giggle** for the night, (thanks Tina!) it is off to bed, well shortly...need to finish my tea, and then put mom to bed, although i thought that it was supposed to be the other way around :)The two rug rats i have left at home are old enough to put themselves to bed!!FINALLY!!!
    DH already in bed, I am soon to follow ...long day
    Blue skies to you all...Happy to make you smile Tina!!
    Trish

http://people.delphiforums.com/djg59/justdesignsweb.html
    http://people.delphiforums.com/TYGRESS117/index.htm

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Maureen...just curious, would you like seeds also?...I see you dont have any one you GW page...do you prefer just plants/bulbs..??...just trying to get my ducks in a row!!
    "quack~quack!!"

P.S. how old is your son, if i may ask...

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

Trish - you are such a sweetie! (and love those pictures you have here). I have enough seeds to last a lifetime (do you want some of mine :-)

My son Michael is 11 yrs old - 6th grader.

I am touched by your good nature Trish.

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

That is so cool Trish!

If you haven't received Maureens address from me, please e-mail me and I will respond with it.

OK, that big mound of laundry is STILL calling my name, so I have to go tend to it, :-(. You'd think it would have gotten the hint by now that I am just not interested, LoL.
    Have a wonderful ladies!
    Love,Tina

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

It helps to TRY to start the day with a smile :)
    YES Tina...i will be needing Maureens address...My laundry is done for now...but the rest of the house looks like &%$^#*~+)%^#!!!!!........Ahhhhh,,,,dust bunnies LOL!
    Great day to all!
    Trish

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Just a "BUMP"....others still have time to join :)

Ok....MAUREEN?..now another question, what else besides plants, and bulbs, etc...?? I am such a pain!!, stuff for the happy couple, Oils, Bubbles, etc..Oops, sorry! LOL!!....
    no really give us some more ideas!

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

HI Trish. You are so funny! I like scented candles. Nice oils would be welcome of course. and the only one who takes baths is my son (and he loves bubbles in the bath :-)

I've just requested a signature thingy. My questions is this, I assume I save it to photobucket, right? So how do I post it to my posts each time? Do I have to keep going into photobucket and copying and pasting it? There must be an easier way ??

Ladies, have a great day. Busy day here. I'm off to clean my house (if I ever get off the computer :-), then nails done at 10:00, shop for brother and nieces birthday gifts, take my son to the library to do research, then my brothers house for birthday cake at 6:00. A great day ahead.

maureen

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Hi Maureen...
    Thanks for responding! Where is Everybody!! LOL!! You sound like your'e having a great day..I am happy for you!...I had to work today, but Sunday i work, and am off Saturdays, so it evens out i guess..Is raining here anyway..but i worked yesterday as one of the guys had pinkeye, so i went in for him, so i missed the best weather day, had planned to get ouside a bit, but .....
    ~~YOU ASKED: ~
    I've just requested a signature thingy. My questions is this, I assume I save it to photobucket, right? So how do I post it to my posts each time? Do I have to keep going into photobucket and copying and pasting it? There must be an easier way ??

Basically the answer is "yes" and it is a pain, I leave photobucket open in a seperate window, so i just have it there to copy and paste from....Have fun with them!!
    Thanks for the other ideas...

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

Trish -- need your help.

My signature is ready. How do I get it and put it in photobucket?

Thanks
    Maureen

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Maureen...sent you email...hope you understand it LOL!!
    Oh btw, ALWAYS reply to them after you get your sig, to say thanks!!
    Good luck, i will be looking for your sig!

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

Trish, got your email.

Let's try it:

I hope you guys can see it. Isn't it pretty?

Maureen

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

yippie for Mureen!!!!
    it is beautiful!!

Doing the happy feet dance for you!!!
    Blue Skies!
    Trish

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

{{gwi:1247120}}

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Whooo~ oooo!!! TODAY is the BIG DAY!!
    Congratulations, Maureen & Doug!!

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Congratulations Maureen & Doug!!!
    I hope today is the start of many, many wonderful and loving years to come.
    I am SO proud of you sweetheart!
    Love and hug's, Tina

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

You guys are the best!!! Here's some pics to show you what I look like, who my hubby is, and where we got married. Also, I fell in love with a plumeria flower while there and got to get one of these. It smells heavenly!!

{{gwi:1247126}}

{{gwi:1247128}}

I HOPE you guys down't have dial up ;-)

Hugs to my special friends.
    Maureen
    xxoo

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Awwwwwwwww.......you two look so adorable, and happy and cute and in LOVE!!! hehehehehehe!! and the islands are beautiful and the plumeria flower is georgeous!!!
    Glad everything went well for you...
    Glad to have you back too!!
    Blue Skies!
    Trish

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

April 1st is almost here folks!!....
    Time is getting close to shipping...
    thank goodness we are going to have a
    "warm-up" here this week so i can dig up some plants to send!!
    Also...just wanted to "bump" us up alittle ! hehehehe!!

Thats me finding my first spring flower !!

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

just a "BUMP"
    Maurenn I will be able to get the irises up now that we have had some warm weather , so i will be sending those also !!
    Blue Skies
    Trish

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Hi gals. Trish, I'm sorry I didn't see your posts until today, I thought this thread was gone...

I am so happy it is spring myself! Daffs are finally open. I like the pic of you smelling your first spring bloom.

Jess sent me a lovely package from bath & body works with my favorite fragrance --sweet pea--. It is so nice, has body spray, bubble bath, gel, hand lotion, etc. it's in a pretty green ceramic planter too!

Jess == you are very thoughtful and this was very sweet of you to do. Thanks a bunch.

Trish - thanks for the iris. Glad it's warming up for you. It did start to warm up here, then yesterday the rain turned to snow for a while ??? it's arpril isn't it?

Hugs
    Maureen

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

Maureen~
    That sounds like a lovely gift from Jess...Always take time to pamper yourself :)
    I will try to get the irises up this weekend and get your box out next week,,,,sorry for my delay
    Happy Easter to you and your family!
    Blue Skies :)
    Trish

• vanille
    15 years ago

Too bad they split again.

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Vanille, I don't know you, and I don't know Maureen either, but I have to say that I would have thought it best to have left that comment out. Even if you meant it kindly, why would that be a comment made on the first day you are a member of GW? If your statement is true, I would think that leaving this particular thread alone and leaving the comment unsaid would be much better. The goal of this forum is to be friendly. And since this thread is two years old, you had to have dug to come up with it.

How unkind and uncalled for.

Kathy