Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

UPDATE: WoW Thanks! I wanted that! #9

ncgardengirl
15 years ago

New Wanted Swap! You will look at members who sign up for this swap list, then choose items from their list to send them. Please make sure it is on someones want list, ALTHOUGH extras can be sent in and be given at random. The plan is to have seeds sent in from your want list, I can not predict how many will come for you. So if you send in 150 then you may only get 60 sent in for you. IF there are enough extras sent in I will make it up, if not I may not be able to cover you. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS, my stash IS limited at the moment. Remember, this is based on the packets sent in to you, although I would like for it to be fair I have no control over who sends to whom, OR how many extras may be sent in.

1. There will be no limit on the amount of seeds you send in. However, they must be marked with the person they are for, either by a number they will be matched too OR their GW name, extras that maybe included could be placed in a zip baggie with EXTRAS listed on it. This will be used to fill in any gaps there maybe in make-up returns. IF you do not want the number you send in returned to you then PLEASE let me know in your package.

2. You will get the seeds sent in to you UNLESS there are 5 packs of the same thing THEN they will go in a duplicate bowl and distributed among everyone.

3. You will have until Jan. 31 to sign up and the envies must be sent to me by Feb. 20 this will give everyone time to update their list.

4. YOU MUST HAVE A WANT LIST!!!! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE ON YOUR HAVE LIST BUT THE WANT LIST IS A MUST! Otherwise no one will know WHAT to send you! IF YOU PLAN TO SIGN UP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WANT LISTÂyou will have time to update BEFORE sending but PLEASE at least have something for us to look at.

5. This will be for packets received only, I will Âtry to match your returns with the number you send in, HOWEVER, I have no control over the number actually sent so you may only have a few packets sent to you, which will be available for return. UNDERSTAND THIS IS A ÂGIFT TO OTHERS SWAP.

6. Please send in a bubble envy with enough postage to send back to you. If it cost you 4 stamps to send to me then please include at least 4 stamps back. MY POST OFFICE IS ONE THAT TENDS TO OVERCHARGE HOWEVER (irks me too!) But I will handle that I guess.

7. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SEND IN TO ME BY FEB. 20th I plan to have these back to you by March 7 before then IF everyone sends in on time. BUT I would really like to have them back to you no later then the first week of MARCH. MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE YOUR LIST AFTER YOU RECIEVE FROM ANY OTHER SWAPS YOU ARE IN UNLESS YOU WANT DUPLICATES OF WHAT YOU ALREADY RECEIVED.

8. HAVE FUN!!! If you have a specific question you may ask it here.

9. Limited or HARD to come by seeds may be a lower number, but if you have plenty of something please include a good amount just in case some have trouble starting seeds. Large seeds of course 15 to 25 would be ok, like bean seeds. OK?!

Also this will give you some time to get some things Winter Sown and maybe you can share some of what you might have left over and it will allow you to receive some more last minute wants in time to STILL winter sow them!!!

OK, marking seeds for the person they are intended for, you can either tape them to an index card and list the seeds such as:

1. Dianthus "Siberian Blues"

2. Aquilegia/Columbine ÂRuby PortÂ

OR you can type them to a sheet of paper with your list

OR you can simple place them in a baggie with a list and name of whom they are for.

OK, I think I have covered a lot, I hope! Please sign up! Thanks, I look forward to hosting for you!

---------------------------------------Original Post ABOVE---------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------Added Swap info BELOW---------------------------------------------

NOTE: When your mail you bubble mailer to me, you also need to include an address label for returning to you and a list of what you sent in so I can make sure NOT to resend your seeds back to you if there are any extras to send back to anyone.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WILL BE UPDATING AFTER RECEIVING SWAP PACKAGES PLEASE POST ON THE THREAD WHEN YOU HAVE UPDATED SO THAT WE WILL KNOW TO GO LOOK AT YOUR TRADE PAGES AGAIN BEFORE MAILING OUT...THANK YOU

REMEMBER GET YOUR TRADE PAGES STARTED IF THEY ARE BLANK, and those of us who are in the other swaps we will be updating a little later so let's try to wait and send in until we can check those members list.

Those of us who are in other swaps will POST TRADE PAGE UPDATED when we change our info!

NOTE: No one needs to start sending out until around the 7 or 8 of Feb, that way this will give them time to look at those of us list that have been updated from the other swaps.

SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR LIST ARE UPDATED AS SOON AS YOU CAN GET THEM DONE BEFORE MAIL OUTS STARTS!!!! IF you don't mind getting doubles of something you already received then PLEASE leave it listed as a want!

I will do my best to make sure you get as many back as you send in. ALSO if you want all flowers or all veggies or a mix then make sure I know this too so I can send you back what you are really wanting.

I would have my trade page updated by no later then Feb 10. This still gives everyone time to check your list and mail to me. I would like to be able to mail your envies back to you by the last week of Feb. IF some of you will be a little late sending to me this is ok, BUT I would really like to get them back to you by the 1 first week of March.

I want to add that anyone can add to their list as much as they like. It was suggested in the other swap group (as suggested by agirlsgirl, Thank you dear great idea btw) to post the date you newly updated like if you added Carrots: Purple Dragon and Carrots: Thumbelina and Artichoke: Globe you would post your update like this:

01/13/09

Artichoke: Globe

Carrots: Purple Dragon

Carrots: Thumbelina

This makes it easier on those who have already checked your list to find your updated information.

Ok, about marking packs for someone else. I suggested using an index card and writing down the seeds with the persons # number and name on the top BUT this is not mandatory, you can put them in a baggie is you wish like those sandwich baggies that either fold over or zip lock. IF you use the fold over baggies make sure you secure them so that the seeds don't fall out and then you can tape a piece of paper to the baggie with the person name and #number example: #1 NCGardengirl this will let me know who it is for.

Be SURE when you send your seeds in you let me know your GW name and your number assigned to you because I will be going by the number list we have going. It just makes it easier to look at the number then try to hunt a name. Which is the reason I also am asking you to use the number# assigned to each person.

Again, if you have questions PLEASE ask them.

It was suggested to me that we should hold one of these swap more than once a year. Would there be any interest in may having another one? Possibly every four months? Schedule would have to be worked out later. If you think you might be interested in something like this please EMAIL me about it.

Ok, in this swap Everyone WILL get what is sent in for them UNLESS:

1. They remove it from their list AFTER it was mailed in.

2. Say I have Mexican Flame Vine on my list 5 ppl send me 10 seeds each of this plant... I DON'T need that many and 3 other ppl asked for it and no one sent any in for them I will allot at least 1 pack each to the others and MAYBE keep 2 for myself. IF however someone should receive 5 packs of the same thing I will dole out 2 packs to them and put the rest in a extras bowl to give to whoever MIGHT like them.

OR I will be posting games and use those extras as prizes IF ya'll would like to play games in this thread.

3. If they specifically tell me NO doubles.

REMEMBER you CAN send in extras if you wish, MEANING NOT DEESIGNATED SPECIFICALLY FOR SOMEONE. THOSE will be put in a bowl and given a random like I will come on here and say we have 3 packs of Candy Striped Zinnia the first 3 to GRAB them will get them in there envies. And so the first 3 to request them will find those extras in there envies :).

OK? Any other questions? Just ask!

OK, I had another question asked via email:

Fran, I saw the recent postings about what happens with seeds that are sent in to you.

You said that we would get the seeds that are sent in for us unless it is removed from your wish list after it has been sent in. I was wondering about all the postings where people had a surplus of seeds and asked if anybody wanted any of those. People were just replying saying "yes, I've some some of this and that". In a few cases, private emails have been passed along to see if someone might be interested in seeds that are close to something on their wish list.

Are people supposed to be adding these items to their wish list as they respond to postings or emails saying they'd like those seeds set aside for them? If so, I'd better do that myself, but I don't think people will have been doing that yet (ie my posting for various seeds...I haven't seen anyone update their wish list when they said they'd like those seeds...not sure they're aware they should be doing that).

Make sense?

Let me know your thoughts.

ANSWER TO THIS IS: When you make a post to offer seeds and someone request them YOU as the poster are now resposible for making sure those seeds are marked for that person since this is a special request OR offer then YOU must also put on that pack as per requested offer.

OR something to that effect to let me know these seeds are a special request and MUST go to the intended person.

If you made it through a private email same thing let me know some how these seeds must go to this intended person.

Anyone that has a way to make this easier please feel free to post your method what works for me may not work for someone else but yours might!

Question I have been asked twice now: Is it ok to use or send in Commercial packs? Yes, commercial packs are fine. A lot of mine are commercial packs and I have split them up to share with others, as a matter of fact I have ordered some specific seeds because they were on want list.

My garden was new in 2008 so no seeds really to gather.

I personally don't know anyone who would say NO commercial packs allowed for me, UNLESS they are totally organic and are not sure where the seeds came from. Other then that I would say commercial seeds are fine.

If you are concerned with updating your page in time after you get your swap packages back I have a quick solution: BEFORE you open you package go to your want/have page change window: As you are pulling out your new seeds to see what you have make the changes then, IF you plan on moving them to your haves (which I personally wouldn't I would open note pad or other program and transfer them there, WHY? because might not have enough to share BUT still want a record of new seeds) or you might just want note out beside some or all that you received these seeds AND if doubles of this one are wanted go ahead and note that then too.

YES I KNOW HOW EXCITED YOU WILL BE AND THIS MIGHT SEEM LIKE AND IMPOSSIBLE TASK BECAUSE OF YOUR EXCITEMENT BUT some of us are gonna be posting what we got in return so this will be taking care of two things at once because you will be updating your page AND you can be making your list all at the same time!

Please remember to include:

Return Postage

Return label

Master List if you wish

Please list the person's assigned number on any seeds you have for others as this is the way I identify where the seeds are going, not by the GW name which AS NEEDS TO BE INCLUDED WITH THE CORRECT NUMBER.

NOTE:With the amount of seeds SOME of you already have and I have only been through 4 bags ONLY it looks like you will be getting a nice number back I will appreciate enough postage to cover a comfirmation number. NOT a requirement BUT I don't want to be held responsible for seeds being untrackable once I mail out. I can not afford to cover a DC# myself for all of you, so it would be nice if you could include enough extra postage to cover yours. If the extra postage is not including PLEASE don't get upset if your package happens to get routed to China...

NO I am not saying it will not make it there without the DC#, I am just covering myself. I don't want anyone to think I didn't mail them back...

Thanks so much,

Your Hostess,

:) Fran

01. ncgardengirl-Fran*****

02. medontdo-Michele

03. markcase1964-Mark*****

04. lgslgs-Lynda BOX received

05. misskimmie-Kim

06. conniesc-Connie*****

07. heatherbon-Heather

08. dirtdiggin-Toni*****

09. gardeningbingo

10. grolikecrazy-Chris*****

11. douglasls-Lisa

12. beverlysc-Bev Package received x2

13. aphroditelaughs-Ellie

14. sissifriss-Myriah*****

15. chellflower-Chell*****

16. mary_grether-Mary

17. poisondartfrog-Alana*****

18. grovespirit-Iris

19. lindaruzicka-Linda*****

20. angelady-Angela*****

21. dimples31312-Dorothy

22. strmywthr3-Barbi

23. smokymist-Cheryl*****

24. jas_il-Jasmine

25. kristlindgren-Kris Received mailer

26. ishareflowers-Lisa*****

27. purpleacres-Tracy***** BIG Mailer Received

28. countrygirl_sc-Gail Received Large Mailer

29. fleethart-Fleety

30. hmacdona-Heather*****

31. echinaceamaniac-Clint

32. lakedallasmary-Mary Mailer received x2

33. diana_lynn-Diana Lynn Received LARGE Mailer

34. smitties-Margo

35. ashle999

36. yotetrapper-Angela*****

37. mcbdz-Pattie

38. graanieb-Bea Extras RECEIVED ALL THANK YOU!!!

39. sassybutterfly_2008-Wendy*****

40. threeshyacres-Jodi*****

41. blue_ivy-Tola

42. ibartoo-Linda

43. jaleeisa-Kathy*****

44. molanic-Molanic Received Box

45. rane_grow-Iris Mailed

46.gardenmom2-Nichol

47. southerncharm1-Kathy SC1

48. kilngod-Tina*****

49. luvgardening2-Nancy*****

50. rbrady-Rhonda*****

51. dessieb-Dessie

52. Shanta_5-Shanta Mailer received

BEGIN USING WHEN #8 IS FULL PLEASE THANK YOU

#8 WoW THANKS! Swap link

:) FANNA

Here is a link that might be useful: Angela's Compiled Want Lists for All WOW participants
Follow-Up Postings:

RE: UPDATE: WoW Thanks! I wanted that! #9

Here's the master list link again for those few of us who may still need it. I'm going to go catch up on the posts now. :-)

Blessings,
Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: Compiled Want Lists for All WOW participants

• Posted by: ishareflowers 5 MA. (oemech4@aol.com) on Mon, Feb 16, 09 at 16:59

Hi Fran,

I requested eggplant seeds,grape tomato is on my wants list so to make it easy for you. If my name isnt on it and it's a veggie or an herb please pass it on to someone who will use them.

I'm mostly interested in flower seeds and maybe some grasses but like I said I'm sharing with 4 others so I dont mind if there are doubles or triples of one kind of plant.

I'm trying to get them to join gw. Well, I did get two tpo join and one hasn't been on at all and the other joined the secret santa and waited about a month to post thank you's so....she's going in the dog house!!

Fran, I'll watch the mail......whoo hoo

Lisa

Woo hoo, I am finished and ready to go to the Post office. This was quite an undertaking but so much fun. It sure helped pass the time away while stuck indoors only able to dream of gardening. It was also a way for me to give away a little more than 130 packs of seeds.

Fran, I am certainly able to take any doubles or more of anything I might receive. I have 5 acres to grow on so nothing would go to waste. We have only lived here for two summers on what used to be a soybean field so I am starting new gardens every summer.

I will be getting my package off no later than tomorrow morning. I have come down with a nasty head cold that has really knocked me down. I am slowly getting energy back and so thankful I started this project way before this.

I will let you know when it is on the way and I hope I have successfully helped members increase their garden beauty.

Re: UPDATE: WoW Thanks! I wanted that! #9

Okay, I'm caught up reading. Here's my new list of extras. I am getting very tired of packing (as so many others have mentioned that it is taking much longer than they thought)... LOL... We're getting close to the finish line, though! :-)

I am not posting quantity right now. I'll just see who all is interested and give them to the first ones who post as best as I can split them up. They will all most likely be small or very small trades. That way more of our players can get some to grow. I'll post who got what as I get them packed up.

PLEASE, POST YOUR PLAYER NUMBER WITH YOUR REQUEST. IT DOES TAKE A BIT MORE TIME TO LOOK EVERYONE UP! Also, from here on out, if you have it on your want list, you already have it, so please don't request it from the extras that someone else could have.

Morning Glory - Star of Yelta
Datura Inoxia - White
Tomato - Burpee's Big Boy Hybrid
Dill
Melon - Israeli
Parsley - Extra Triple Curled
Melon - Canoe Creek Colossal
Pumpkin Tree (not an actual pumpkin)
Melon - Ananas
Anise Hyssop
Sweet Corn (No ID)
Bean, Bush - Blue Lake
Melon - Casaba
Melon - Ambrosia
Melon - Hales Best
Watermelon (No ID)
Watermelon (Orange w/ No ID)
Melon - (says Keeper, but someone added / Hales Best with a different pen?)
Morning Glory - Scarlet
Birdhouse Gourd
Silver Dollar Plant

Blessings,
Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: Compiled Want Lists for All WOW participants

Lynda said:
Now next year I might just hire a dump truck to deliver my seed harvest to your round robin and then bolt my mailbox shut so I don't get seeds back! But this year, every seed has a home. TOO FUNNY LYNDA...lol

Kahty-jaleeisa I love yah girly, I knew you wanted 2x stuff...lol.
NOTE KATHY-jaleeisa want some: Packman broccoli

SC1, love you too, you are so funny...lol You get that phone yet? I am gonna start asking til you do...LOL Maybe you will remember then hehe

Don't forget I am looking for some:
Dahlia ANY to grow for my mommie for Mother's Day, again YES I am THE GOOD DAUGHTER...lol.

I have everyone down to date who has expressed doubles and triples are fine so far so if you haven't told me yet please let me know and I will right you down too.

REPOST

OK PLEASE POST AGAIN IF YOU WOULD LIKE DOUBLES OR IF DOUBLES ARE OK BECAUSE SOME HAVE BEEN GETTING A FEW AND I HAVE INCLUDED TWO(2) COPIES IN EACH PERSON BAG WHO HAVE RECEIVED COPIES SO FAR...BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE JUST IN CASE BECAUSE I MAY NEED TO SHARE THEM WITH OTHERS AND IF YOU DO NOT WANT DOUBLES THEN I KNOW TO PUT YOURS IN THE EXTRAS...THANKS EVERYBODY, FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT TELL ME, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE GIVEN TWO(2) COPIES AND THAT IS ALL...

REPOST
I ALSO wanted to explain something, I ran into a situation last night in which explains why I asked for the person # AND GW id. One(1) person placed the WRONG # but put the RIGHT ID and another person had dups of the SAME # I know this was a mistake and ANOTHER person had STICKERS on the packs and a sticker fell of BUT THEY had a MASTER LIST and guess what? The person got the intended seeds because the person who sent the Master List did it the way I asked for it.
SOOO next time I will remember to ask in the rules for # and GW id. I will also ask for a master list emailed to me AND sent in the package if I can get them emailed then I can just transfer them into a spreadsheet type deal with the person name and so forth but I would want a hard copy to go by while I am working with the seeds.

Ok, need to go cook and play with some more seeds...might I just add I am amazed at the number already here!

OH and someone asked about limits...AGAIN NO LIMIT send what you can as much as you wish and extras if you want to I will find them a home!

Hey Angela

Hey Angela,
I would take some:
Pumpkin Tree (not an actual pumpkin) and these just sound COOL!

LOL we were poating at the same time takes me a minute sometimes to type it all and hunt what I think needs reposting...

Bet cha didn't notice I posted your link on the first post this time did you...hehe I was thinking this time!

Hey Angela 2

Hey Angela,
I would take some:
SHOOT I missed pasting this:

Angela, May I have the Ambrosia melon and the scarlet morning glory ? thank you !

~Iris #45

RE: UPDATE: Thanks! I wanted that! #9

Angela, I would love your parsley and Anise Hysopp and Ambrosia Melon if I could please.

Smitties, Margo #34 Thanks so much

Fran, I have some Dahlia Diablo somewhere I think, if so I'll add it to your pack.

And if there are many leftovers, if you can't find a home for them in the swap, there's always Need for Seed on the seed exchange side or a local food pantry or community assistance organizations. I know I have one here that I package up veggie seeds for each year that helps families with food, clothing, etc. They are always happy to have them and many people, I suspect more this year, will be wanting to grow their own victory gardens :) I know that the ones I packaged up last year for them to sit on the counter as give aways went very fast :) I always make sure to make packages with growing info for them. I'm going to start on that as well after I finish up this swap and finish my winter sowing and seedling starting. Their name is just inspiring- The HOPE center :)

Kathy

Wow what is posaing?

We were poating at the same time? Heavens what is POATING????

Hey I also wanted to note that after all the seeds are in I will check list again to see if extras can be placed and if they can't then I will be posting them here...want all the extras to have homes too :)

OK, now I need to go cook...yuck! Wish I could find someone to do that for me!

LOL fran, I was talking about me being #2 LOL
ya, we are slowly getting my laptop thingi fixed, hubs finally ordered me a cord, but i think he'll have to order me a new hard drive, he's gonna love that!! i do NOT like windows that much, i told him my next laptop is gonna be a apple.
ok, i was wondering if anyone had ANY CHEROKEE TRAIL OF TEARS beans? if you did i would truely love them!! i would take tripples of them!! LOL

i wouldn't mind extra's of anything i get, i know many people that i can give flower seeds to. well, heck, even vege seeds too. i have a good friend at my church who i could share my doubles with, i know she'd absolutely love them!! and BOY does she have the room!!

now something has been on my mind, (as if something isn't ever??!! LOL) i would just love it if ya'll just went out and checked ya'll's dryer vent and put it under the cold water, if the water doesn't go thru it then it needs to be washed, you can do that with good old dish washing soap. that is one of #1 causes of house fires. i check mine, but i don't use the regular stuff, i make homemade stuff and it contains mostly vinegar and little fabric softner, so it never clogs that! LOL so i just wanted to remind every one to do that, people never think about that. :') ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: barehanded totally nutso gardener!!! :'}}

Fran,
sorry, I'm one of those who only put names instead of GW # on the packets....
I didn't notice you wanted both until I had already mailed my envie. I hope it hasn't wasted any extra time for you.

As for multiples of the same variety....I'm okay with duplicates of anything as I share with family and friends, and can always find a good home for them.

Thanks,
Chell

LOL! Fran, no I didn't notice that you posted the link! I'm lurking to see when you post a new thread so I don't lose the link being at the top. hee hee... Thanks so much for thinking of me! Also, I got your requests down... good thing I have your member number memorized! hee hee (I took that from Nancy... LOL)

Okay, off to pack more seeds.... I did the best I could without having my other package back.... I'm well over 150, so I'm thinking I'll pack up about 200 small trade's worth of items to send in total... That really surprised me!

Blessings,
Angela

Angela ~ May I have some of any of these pretty pretty pleaseeeeeeeee??? :P

Melon - Ananas
Melon - Casaba
Melon - Ambrosia

Thankyou!!!

Fran honey I bet you're tuckered out looking at so many seed packets! I got your email and ty :) I'd cook for ya.. I love to cook. I just hate the cleaning up after part! :P

Hugs,
Wendy

RE: WoW Thanks! I wanted that! #9

I got your number memorized, too, Wendy... LOL.... I was surprised that I still had stuff I could send you after the last big swap. You still got several new packets...

PLEASE, everyone, post your member number if I don't have it memorized! LOL

Blessings,
Angela

In case you didn't see this at the end of thread # 8 ...

Fran, I don't mind doubles (or triples for that matter ) , I am still trying to fill up my flower beds and at the same time start my veggies in a few weeks ... thats why I always say flowers, veggies and herbs are very welcome here ;-) ... Being brand new to a Round Robin /seed swap I am seeing with all the extras being offered here now I think I will send you more stamps in the mail ;-)

This has been so much fun , thank you so much for hosting this swap ...

Thank you all for welcoming me into this wonderful community , its great to be among others who love gardening as much as I do ;-)

I stopped off at the Southern States store today, guess what I just had to buy " a few packages of " ? LOL

~Iris

Angela,
Thank you for all your hard work and for helpin to keep fanna sane...:) If you would have any of these available I would gladly give them a home!!

Sweet Corn (No ID)
Bean, Bush - Blue Lake
silver dollar plant

Thanks again

~heatherbon #7

BTW FANNAS FAvorite Color is Clear!!!!

hahahahah

By any chance does anyone have any Triable/Shamrock Squash? I forgot to add this to my wish list...

• Posted by: mcbdz 8 Louisiana (My Page) on Mon, Feb 16, 09 at 18:53

Ok, This is one last offer before I close up my package.Hopefully mailing off tomarrow.

Offers:
3- Love Lies Bleeding
many- hot pink crepe myrtal- standard
1- pink 4 0' clocks
lots orange marigolds
2- pink periwinkles
3-Euphorbia cyathophora- summer poinsettia
2- zebra mallow
Thanks,
Pattie-37. mcbdz

Periwinkles

Pattie, May I have a few pink periwinkles ? Thanks !

~Iris

I am just not fast enough

Angela, my post got beat on the parsley and melon. I must have been posting at the same time as others. If you don't have enough, I will take any kind of melon as I am going to give them a try this year. My hubby loves melons of any kind. thanks

Medo, good suggestion. Dryer fires must be a growing issue. I noticed in one of our local store ads that they had dryer vent brushes on sale.

Hey Patty
I would like to try these:

Euphorbia cyathophora- summer poinsettia thanks for this offer too.

Fran, I have a dwf mixed dahlia that I came up with for you. It is all I have left, so I have none to offer anyone. Sorry, but I really wanted to get these to Fran. This is my last call for detroit red beets, marigolds-yello, lemon balm, lettuce, purple coneflower, mix hollyhocks and hibiscus-perennial pink. I am packing up when I get home. Thanks everyone. Nichol

• Posted by: ishareflowers 5 MA. (oemech4@aol.com) on Mon, Feb 16, 09 at 19:17

Patty,

I'd like the four oclocks and euphorbia please

smittie, I'm sending a lot of extra melon seed

Lisa

• Posted by: misskimmie z4b Central NY (kim@mpgfilms.com) on Mon, Feb 16, 09 at 19:22

Angela.
If you still have I would like:

Euphorbia cyathophora- summer poinsettia
Melon - Israeli

Patty
I would like pink periwinkles,
pink 4'oclocks

Thank you

kim #5

haha

Heather that is hilaious...CLEAR!!! hehe no I am transparent...hehe

medo: dryer fires are on the rise, they are so bad commericals are now running for them.
I didn't have a dryer for a long time, we got a used one, it worked a few months then something happened to it and it no longer heats. It is NOT the element. SO took parts to a repair parts place to have them checked and it is not those either so SO and the company decided it is in the timer thingy and it will be 80.00 to replace and that is MORE then the dryer was! SOOOOO No more dryer, glad I have a clothes line...lol.

Patty ~ if there are any left I would love some of the pink periwinkles!! :)

thankyou!
~Wendy # 39 :)

Patty , seems lots of us are wanting your periwinkles and ambrosia melon, I only need a couple so if there's enough to split up between us , please do ;-)

~Iris #45

Hollyhocks

Nichol, were you saying in your latest post that those seeds you mentioned were still up for grabs ? If so, may I have some of the hollyhocks ? Thanks !

~Iris #45

Yeah, LOL, that is what I was trying to say. The keyboard on this laptop is going out I think b/c about every fourth key does not want to type. It is drivingme nuts. I have you down for holyhocks.

Kim (misskimmie) - I didn't have the summer poinsettia, so someone else must have offered that.

Kathy (jaleeisa) - What a great point! If we have some extras, we really should send them in to Need 4 Seed. There is a Yahoo Group set up for them by that name if anyone wants more information. I also liked your idea of doing up packets with planting info and giving them to local charities that distribute food. Just brilliant!

Blessings,
Angela

Fran - doubles, triples etc are totally fine by me.

Give me seeds or give me death! --- that is the greatest line ever! Can't remember who posted it though :)

(I'm having so much fun packing up!)

• Posted by: mcbdz 8 Louisiana (My Page) on Mon, Feb 16, 09 at 20:20

Kim I have the summer poinsettia and added them for you.

this is who I have so far:
rane grow- periwinkles
ishareflowers-4 o'clocks, summer pionsettia
misskimmie- summer poinsettia, periwinkles, 4 o'clocks, zebra mallow
fran- already had you for summer poinsettia from earlier
sassybutterfly-periwinkles
pattie-mcbdz

• Posted by: ishareflowers 5 MA. (oemech4@aol.com) on Mon, Feb 16, 09 at 20:22

Misskimmie,

I just added isaeli melon and canoe creek to your packet

Lisa

Okay, I'm posting my list one last time for the evening. If you want some of these (and they're still available after I split them all up), PLEASE post this evening so I can get the package ready to be mailed to Fran tomorrow. Thanks!

I am not posting quantity right now. I'll just see who all is interested and give them to the first ones who post as best as I can split them up. They will all most likely be small or very small trades. That way more of our players can get some to grow. I'll post who got what as I get them packed up.

PLEASE, POST YOUR PLAYER NUMBER WITH YOUR REQUEST. IT DOES TAKE A BIT MORE TIME TO LOOK EVERYONE UP! Also, from here on out, if you have it on your want list, you already have it, so please don't request it from the extras that someone else could have.

Datura Inoxia - White
Dill
Melon - Israeli
Melon - Ananas
Anise Hyssop
Sweet Corn (No ID)
Bean, Bush - Blue Lake
Melon - Casaba
Melon - Ambrosia
Melon - Hales Best
Watermelon (No ID)
Watermelon (Orange w/ No ID)
Melon - (says Keeper, but someone added / Hales Best with a different pen?)
Morning Glory - Scarlet
Birdhouse Gourd
Silver Dollar Plant

Blessings,
Angela

Angela,

I would like
Tomato - Burpee's Big Boy
I don't have these in my list i believe
Previously I wrote about silver dollar too I don't know if you noticed or not.

Thanks
Jasmine

RE: .UPDATE: WoW Thanks! I wanted that! #9

Angela,
Oh I would like Morning Glory - Scarlet too.

My number is #24

Jasmine

OK. I am finished. I will put a label and stamps in the mailer (if it fits LOL). That was soooo much fun. I am so shocked that I had so much to offer. I can't wait to get my enve and see my new prizes. Thanks to everyone who is in this swap. It has been a blast. I will keep watching for new offerings and updates on everyone. Just wanted to say I AM DONE !!!! YAE LOL Now I have to pack for the Addicted to Seeds Swap. Nichol

Thanks, Jasmine. I already had the silver dollar split into packs with a few left. Your number got put on one of them the other day. I will split up everything else tonight and give to as many of those that requested them first as long as there are enough to still split. When I'm done, I'll post who all got what.

If anyone wants anything else, be sure to ask. You might just get some depending on how many I have left. It sure doesn't hurt to ask!

Blessings,
Angela

Angela, if you have any morning glories left, I'd like to have some..my number is #19..thanks, Linda

Hi Angela,

Is there any Parsley - Extra Triple Curled left? If so, may I have some?

Mark
MarkCase1964 #3

re: more extras

Hi, I feel better today. I may tackle more packing. I totally gave up on it last night. I came home from dinner and my elderly dog must have slipped on the tiles and was in pain. Just listening to him made me wonder if it is humane to keep him on this earth. He has other issues. Major ones. Tried to take him to the vet but they are closed today. He is feeling way better and running around trying to get me to play fetch with him. So I am relieved. So I am clearing more stuff out. These are from trades or leftover commercial packs. Some have a large amount and some are tiny.

Here we go:

Rolande French Filet Bush Beans ~ Renee's Garden ~ Full Pack 2008~ I am willing to split

Tavera Bush Beans~ Organic~ leftover pack~ around 50+ seeds left, I am willing to split into 2. Botanical Interests 2007

Purple Hull Peas ~ I requested this and then realized I had a pack :o( ~ LOTS in trade pack

California Blackeye #5 Cowpeas ~ Sow N Gro 2006 ~ Full Pack

D.M. Ferry's Fordhook Bush Lima Beans ~around 18 seeds left 2006

Light Red Kidney Beans, Trade ~ 2007

Willowleaf Pole Lima Beans ~ Another I requested only to find another pack in my seed box ~ 2007

Red Ripper Cowpeas ~ Trade ~ Small Amount

Runner Beans ~ Not sure which kind ~ if a surprise does not bother you~ I traded for these and it is suppose to be Painted Lady Runner Beans but I think there are Scarlets and something else in the pack. 21 seeds

Vermont Cranberry ~ Pinetree Garden Seeds 2009 ~ Small Amount

Indian Corn ~ Trade

Again, if you could make my life easier and include your player number. I reserve the right to disburse these seeds to players that I have very few of their wants or players that missed out. Then I will disburse from there, I hope you understand. I also know that Vegetables only appeal to a certain audience. Keep checking the thread out. I may be up all night clearing my seed box. :o)

Nancy

Hi luvgardening2 I would love to try...

Rolande French Filet Bush Beans
Tavera Bush Beans
D.M. Ferry's Fordhook Bush Lima Beans
Light Red Kidney Beans
Willowleaf Pole Lima Beans

I'm player #8 :)

Pumpkin Tree seeds...

Angela, if you have any left, I would love to try the pumpkin tree seeds. It sounds interesting :) TY

Toni

Angela, Thanks a lot.

If anybody has these seeds I would really like them.

***Muringa /Drumkstick or horseradish tree
***Murraya koenigii or Curry-leaf
***Bay leaf plant

My number is #24

Thanks
Jasmine

Nancy, I'm #20 (LOL)

I know I've requested a lot, so I won't ask for any more. If you have extras, I'm open... LOL

The ones I was curious about, though, were the Jacob's Cattle Gasless. I had that on my list and had requested yesterday. I saw your update and was very thankful to see my number on my favorites, so thank you so much! I didn't see the Gasless ones listed, so was just curious... Your offers are blessing so many of us with beans and other veggies, so again, THANK YOU!

Blessings,
Angela

Luvgardening ~ I know how those all-nighters take their toll! IF noone else wants these and they need a home I would love the Red Ripper Cowpeas.

Thankyou!
Wendy #39

RE: .UPDATE: WoW Thanks! I wanted that! #9

Nancy,
I would like to take Runner Beans.

My number #24

Thanks
Jasmine

Angela, As I mentioned in my last post, my dog was not feeling well and I was packing and was not with it. I did what I could and stopped. At one point, I was not even sure what I was doing. I will have to go and double check my work. There were so many request, I just could not handle it all. I guess you did not read into my post, I was hoping to continue this evening. The beans are still here in front of my monitor reminding me to pack them up. I can't even remember, I had a problem w/ the Cannelini's I think, they did not look good to me. Cracked and in pieces, not sure if it happened in shipping or what. I was not pleased with them. I may see about returning them.

There were some that were not depleted, tells you how many I have. Ugh........ I may put those up too. We will see. I have a box that I am placing them in, then I will sort and ship to Fran. I am just worried that she is going to go BONKERS with all of these seed packs. I am afraid she will be cussing at me. HA! I must be over 200 packs by now. No wonder I am tired.

Nancy

Oh, Nancy! I'm sorry... I get it now... I am going on not enough sleep here and I couldn't even add 2 plus 2 earlier. I read your post, but somehow things didn't click in my head! After tonight, I'm going to get plenty of sleep. I hope your dog is feeling better.

Blessings,
Angela

Mini Red, Orange, Chocolate Mix Bell Peppers anyone?

Blessings,
Angela

nancy
if you have any left of the lima beans bush and pole, i'd so love some!! Medo #02

our dryer was not drying all the way again, so we took the back off again, and i thought the one hose had come detatched, but i think our hose to the outside got kinked somehow!! LOL so sometimes it pays to check the inside.
even though it was the outside **quirky grinn** LOL ~Medo #02

Here is a link that might be useful: barehanded totally nutso gardener :'}}

Angela, No need to be sorry. You probably went to the most important part of that Post. THE SEEDS! HA!

You know what. They are in my way at the moment. I am not going to wait until the morning. I want to put them away. Which ones are you interested in? If it was called earlier, I will split the full packs, the red ripper and the so called painted ladies will go to #24 and #39.

Nancy

Nancy - beans

LOL! Now, Nancy, I do admit that I tend to read the seeds first, but I do go back and read the whole post! ;-)

If someone else claims these even after me, I understand, but if not, I'd like:

Vermont Cranberry
Willowleaf Pole Lima Beans
light red kidney bean seeds
Rolande French Filet Bush Beans
Tavera Bush Beans

Blessings,
Angela

Rereading post.... LOL

See, now I read the whole post... LOL... don't worry about splitting a whole pack just for me. I know it's getting tiring to repack stuff! LOL... I go through spells where I think straight, then other times I'm rechecking stuff 3 or 4 times to be sure I didn't mess it up!

Blessings,
Angela

hey wenders!! i was wondering IF....
i could have a few of these:
# horse nettle*sasbe(G)
# spotted knapweed*sasbe(G)
# bur cucumbervine

Comments (149)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Angela, happy birthday !!!!!

jaleeisa I would love to have if available..

Knuckle Purple Hull
    Pink Eyed Purple Hull
    Snowbird Pea
    Thank you and I'm #23 ( I hope lol )

Now I have one final offer as I pack things up. I still have alot of packing left to do. I keep finding last minute things to add to people's little piles of seeds .

I have 4 offers of an heirloom Okra. It is called Heirloom Clemson Spineless Okra. Each pack will have at least 20 seeds. This came from my mother's garden and she swears by it as the best Okra you can grow.

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

BUT you will have 100 DIFFERENT plants up return to you or so that is the idea, you might one more then one of one variety.

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO SAY: BUT you will have 100 DIFFERENT plants returned to you or so that is the idea, you MIGHT WANT more then one of one variety, say 5 of 1 type of Columbine...ok now that is correctly stated...hehe

• medontdo
    15 years ago

okay, my bubble is mailed!!

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

ya know Fran, i'd put some mozzerella cheeze on the top!! mmmmm...i'm so hungry thinking about that!! or some monterey jack, or even some pepper jack and mix that cream cheeze in it. but not all evenly, kinda chunkily. ya know??
    ya know Fran, you are the absolute best!! cuz you kid so easily!! just like Kathy :') and we must not forget Angie, which i haven't talked to in a week or so!!
    has grolikecrazy recieved fortex beans?
    has gardemom2 recieved petunia, verbena, purple basil?
    and alwaysagarden recieved rocky mountain penstemon?
    i need to know this if at all possible. :') ~Medo

• countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
    15 years ago

I have:
    #49 - Knuckle Purple hull peas, Little Marvel
    # 28 Melons- Gail, please pick some! LOL, I have plenty and it will make it easier on me :)
    #23 Knuckle Purple Hull, Pink eyed purple hull, Snowbird Pea.

Alright, let's call the Pink Eyed Purple hulls closed until I get these filled :)

Fran, I think you'd like that I'm making for dinner.

2 heads of cabbage
    2.5 lbs ground beef (I use the 80/20, so it's more lean, but still get the flavor)
    1 bell pepper
    1 purple onion
    1 yellow onion
    5-6 strips of bacon, turned to paste in my food processor
    garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper, salt, celery salt to taste.
    36 ct pkg of yeast dinner rolls- I use the frozen ones and let them thaw and rise, unless I'm making bread that day or the day before.

Chop up all veggies

Brown ground meat, bell pepper, 1/2 of both onions and seasonings together. Drain and set aside to cool.

Pan fry cabbage- cook bacon paste until crumbly- like browning ground beef- drop in cabbage and remaining onions and keep tossing in the oil created from the bacon, just brown lightly, then add a small amount of water, cover and simmer until cabbage begins to get tender. Drain any excess water/oils, set aside to cool. After cool, mix with ground beef mixture.

Once your rolls are tripled in size, take two and roll them together. Roll out into a large (but not see through thin circle) Spoon a serving spoon or two of the beef/cabbage mixture into the center, then flute and fold to cover completely. Place folded side down on a cookie sheet that's been sprayed with a light coating of cooking spray.

*NOTE: Be careful not to overfill, and make sure the mixture is completely cooled, otherwise it will tear the bread and it's hard to close the holes!

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until bread is brown.

Makes appx. 18 rolls

These are cabbage burgers that we use to get when I was a child in Nebraska. My family loves these, it's a favorite meal. A little time consuming, but only in fits and starts, ya know? I usually serve them with oven fried french fries, sweet potato fries or baked, buttered rutabagas. They can either be frozen before or after baking as well. Before baking, I would place on the sprayed cookie sheet and freeze individually, then spray lightly with cooking spray before wrapping in cling wrap (keeps the cling wrap from tearing the bread during thawing) and putting into freezer bags. After they've been baked, just wrap in waxed paper and slide into freezer bags. I usually go ahead and bake them all, especially if the kids aren't here to filch any before dinner (meaning there are some left to be frozen after being baked!) Then they can be thawed/heated in the oven or microwave. If freezing before baking, give them about 1 hour to thaw slightly- until you can feel a little spring when touching them- then bake as above :)

Hope all of that made sense, I'm better at just making food than I am in writing out a recipe! I'm an old fashioned cook when it comes to that. I cook more by smell or feel than by cups and tablespoons.

Kathy

• countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
    15 years ago

Sorry, I am #28.

Kathy: Moon & Stars, Totovka Melon, Keeper Melon, Sweet Siberian Melon, Casaba Melon

• lgslgs
    15 years ago

Kathy, instead of the Moon & Stars, could you send me Canoe Crk Colassal Melon instead? I already have M&S coming from someone else.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Fran - 100 for 100 plants? You are a glutton for punishment, aren't you?

I'm not sure whether I'd be interested or not. Sounds cool, but I'm going to have about 2500 winter sown containers to plant out as it is!

What a deal, though.

Lynda

• smitties
    15 years ago

KATHY NOW my tummy is rumbling...lol.

It made sense, I understand about being an old fashioned cook. I throw things together too. Then My oldest son or Mama OR someone who saw me talking about it will ask how I made it and I have to think about approx. REAL hard and guess because I usually just sprinkle spices until it looks right, and I KNOW you know what I mean. I bet Bea does too!
    IF I happen to have a recipe, I do the general stuff then do it my way hehe. EXCEPT for a baking recipe, those are just too easy to screw up which is WHY I DO NOT bake,,I LOVE cookies but baking and I do not get along well.
    I do make those No Bake Chocolate Oatmeals Cookies (HENCE NO BAKE) and those simple Peanut Butter Cookies, the 1 egg, 1 cup PB, 1 cup Sugar but the PB Cookies MIGHT get cooked once every 15 years...HAHAHA

medo I have a LARGE sometimes distorted not many people get me..hehe

ok again it has taken 45 minutes to type this because of interuptions...lol don't ppl KNOW I am on the computer?!!! hehe

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Ok, I did it!!!! Somehow I was able to get myself up and out to run errands. I have what I feel is a simple head cold and it has knocked my out. I am so exhausted and the frustrating thing is I can't sleep. I woke up at 3 am and laid awake for almost 2 hours. Then I couldn't sleep in. I thought about taking a nap this afternoon and when that didn't work, I got up and went out.

My box went out with the seed packs. I included some dahlia tubers for your momma Fran. They are small but will multiply in no time. She is going to love these and I hope they flower well for her this year.

Thanks for the fun. I am sorry you missed your son's bday greetings. My son missed calling me in time this year but I knew he was thinking of me. He had every intention of calling but fell asleep on the couch and woke up too late to call. I am sure your son understands as well. He knows you were thinking of him.

• SmokyMist
    15 years ago

I've packaged the requests for # 49- Knuckle Purplehull peas, Little Marvel Peas
    #28- Canoe Creek Melon, Totovka Melon, Keeper Melon, Sweet Siberian Melon, Casaba Melon
    #23- Knuckle Purple Hull Peas, Pink Eyed Purple hull peas and Snowbird peas.

I think that has me up to date. I'll check back this evening to see if anyone else has requests for the things I've offered.

Kathy

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ohhhh Kathy I'm so excited, thank you for the treat !!!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

OK, NOW I feel better. I took a shower so I could wake up. Going to bed at 4:30am and waking up a few hours later and then napping until 10:30ish is for youngens who can TAKE IT...not for an old bird like myself...BUT at least I got all the seeds that were here finished.

Bea, thanks for the recipes and coupons. I wasn't expecting those lol. I said WOW, look at her LOL. IF you DO send those other seeds in would you mind kindly including you recipe for your no salt season blend? I am tired of paying HIGH prices for those blends and I am sure yours is better then some. Using my fresh spices I KNOW will make it better!

I am collecting Basils WHY I don't know I don't make Pesto, I have never been brave enough to try it...lol I just got on a basil kick and like how the plants look! So I started collecting them.
    My Rosemary kicked the bucket, that is ONE plant I CAN NOT get to live! I brought them in and they just basically went crispy! Don't know what happened.
    I was afraid to leave it outside because I didn't know which one it was. Well I had 2 but they BOTH did the same thing! Went crispy....and I can not grow this one from seeds. OH well, I rambled really far off that time didn't I? LACK of sleep that is my excuse.

Lynda, I just thought and still think the 100 for 100 is a super fun idea and I am almost positive others would too but I am afraid no one will want to do it...lol.
    HOWEVER, cost wise even at 32.00 round shipping trip that would make it .32 per plant and that is pretty good! I'll have to see if others think it is a good idea before I try doing it.
    WOW you are gonna have a bunch of babies to plant too, so am I, I HOPE...I have planted more then I need I am sure but when I started planting I DUMPED seeds with the ok, I HOPE a few make it way of thinking...lol. In most cases the whole packet of seeds, SOME with the intentions of getting more others was accidently they all fell out at the same time. CAN'T scoop them up at that point, not the little fine ones anyway.
    I loved looking at your albums, I made it about 1/3 of the way through the one that had like 917 pic in it...YOU inspire me. We will not be seeing you when planting time comes around with all you have to plant! WOW!!! hehe

WHERE IS THAT MAIL WOMAN!!! I KNOW SHE HAS MAIL FOR ME!

Thank you all who have mailed out already... I KNOW these large swaps are hard to get ready but it is SOOOO much fun. It is fun for me to see what comes in, what who sent in what.

OK WELL, I suppose I will just sit here and wait on the mail to come! Kind of like watching paint dry!

:)Fran

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Smitty..be careful, that "simple head cold" knocked me out for a week. I think it's mixed with some kind of other bug too!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Is there any more Snowbird Peas? I'd love to have a few, if so!

Okay, now to go catch up with all the posts. :-)

Blessings,
    Angela

• SmokyMist
    15 years ago

I second that Smitty, mine lasted a month and 1/2!! ugh!

Glad you're feelin' a lil bit better Fran :) I'll send you some Rosemary cuttings in my box if you want. I have the super hardy kind, it's a HUGE bush about 14 yrs old.. nothin' kills this thing! It stays lush and green thru freezing temps, ice, whatever!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ummmmmm would anyone happen to have any Scarlet runner Painted Lady bean seeds ? I know I know...they aren't on my list, but I just saw some and fell in love with them. Before I ordered them I just thought I'd ask LOLOL

15 years ago

Smoky don't order them just yet.

WOW WENDY, would you please? THAT is the plant I need, I need a fool proof plant...lol. Wish I lived ust a LITTLE closer, I come visit..hehe

Yes, be careful with those colds, they ARE NOT just colds. I got it in Oct plus something else it took until Dec for me to feel better.
    I hope you real soon Margo, glad you managed to get your package out now REST!

STILL NO MAIL! WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?????

:( Fran (POUTING NOW! dang mail!!!!)

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Fran - To help you out here, if a pack has my name and number, please, don't worry about if it's on my list. I want everything. LOL

Oh, and Kathy, I'm still number 20 if you have a few of the peas. LOL

..... Back to reading and catching up....

Blessings,
    Angela

• smitties
    15 years ago

Angela, you're getting the last package of the Snowbird peas.

So, the Snowbird peas and the Pink eyed purple hulls are gone unless I find another package somewhere.

Everything else is still available. I'm going to have some other things to offer as well, but I'll probably list them tomorrow.

Frannie, I'm gonna be pushing the date on this to get it into the mail. But I promise to have everything so organized that really all you'll have to do is take my envelopes, check the master list for excessive multiples and pretty much drop the whole envelope into your bags for each person.

Smitties, I agree with Wendy, Cliff and I have been fighting this "head cold" for two weeks now and are both still miserable. It started out as a head cold, then started moving into our chests. So now we both have not only the head and chest cold, but flu like symptoms as well. It's horrible! So baby it every chance you get. Our Doctor put us on a regimen of muscinex, dayquil, nyquil, vick's vapor rub and steam. We added my staple of Chai Spice tea with honey. Seems like overkill, but honestly we weren't getting any real relief before we started taking all of it. I just have to be very careful how much I take because I'm also on muscle relaxers, pain killers and ibuprofen for my back. Want to talk about miserable- not only were the coughing and sneezing fits being really painful for Cliff, but for me they're torture! Talk with your doctor, because like Wendy, I feel like this isn't a "normal" cold strain and perhaps they can direct you to something that will really help.

Wendy, hon, I need to get with you about some of that Rosemary too. I had real issues with the ones I bought around here last year. They weren't very hardy at all. I need something that I don't have to try to put into a bog when the weather here gets hot. It was like I couldn't keep the local bought ones wet enough no matter how much or often I watered them! Which is odd, because usually when you buy local from a nursery, as opposed to a big box store, you get something compatible for your area.

Oh, and I just receive a very generous trade of Royal Burgundy Beans, I could probably share with 5-8 seeds with 2-3 people. I know I'm only going to need about that amount with all the other bush beans I'm planting.

Kathy~ Off to help bratlings with homework, chores and get the rest of dinner ready

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Fran, it is probably taking the mailpeople longer to get mail out today cause they were off yesterday. Not to mention, yours probably has to go back for a second load due to all the packages you are to get.

I had a rosemary that I started at my old house. I have dug it up the last three four winters to bring in to replant in the spring. It did not make it through this year. It died pretty quick. I was disappointed although I don't know why I kept it. I don't like the smell or taste :) I guess it was the challenge to keep it alive.

Thanks for all the advice. I was fortunately scheduled off the last four days so haven't really been doing much. If I get worse, I will definitely have to go to the doc cause I can't take any over the counter stuff due to a rapid heartrate I take meds for. I should check to see if Mucinex is ok cause my kids say that stuff is amazing. I am back to work for the next three days straight, (I work part time) and if the first two are too much, I will call off on Friday. I haven't missed work in almost a year. I just hope this doesn't make the rounds through the house.
    Does anyone notice when moms are sick, life goes on as normal and she just trudges through. When hubby and kids are sick, moms can't get a break. How does that work?

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Hello everyone!

I mailed my big fat envy today! I sent in a bit over two hundred packets.

Fran, It seems to me that everyone doesn't mind getting doubles so I put names and #s on every snack sized baggie with smaller seed baggies inside. I hope I got everyones requests!

I can't remember if I said this or not so I'll say it again, I requested probably 5 types of veggie seeds, other than that please dont send me extras if they are veggies. It would be a waste of seed! I

'm only interested in flowers this year, maybe next year I'll try veggies when the dog pen area has had time to get drained and cleaned by Ma nature.

I'm getting excited about my package already!!!

Lisa

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

Fran,

My envie went out today. Let me know if I did not put enough postage in there for you.

Mark

• mcbdz
    15 years ago

Fran,
    Please send me only seeds sent specifically to me based on my list or requests, even if that is only a pack or two. Doubles, triples or even more of those will be welcomed.
    The sending is winding down. Now for the fun part!
    Thanks, Alana

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Fran, I sent my BOX out today, too. It wouldn't fit in a Envelope so, I hope I sent enough stamps. If not let me know also. I think you are fixin' to get bombarded with lots more seeds.LOL
    Pattie-mcbdz

15 years ago

Ok. My eyes are crossed from reading all of the posts. Geesh, we all talk alot to each other. LOL. Hi Fran. Mailed mine out today. Have a confirmation number if we need it. Had lots of fun. I am loving this.

If there are any left, I would be interested in: Indian Corn (2 packs if available, daughter wants to use for project she has planned ???), purple hull pea, Royal burady bean, Israeli Melon, Casaba Melon, Keeper Melon,Swt Siberian Melon, and the heirloom okra from your grandmother. I love growing things that have been handed down through generations and have such "meaning" behind them. Now I'm gonna beg: does anyone have any beans left over. Not green beans, but the kind you dry and use for soup. Even if it is only 5-8-10, whatever. I would love to get as many and as many diff. kinds as possible. I agree with Fran for one reason. Food is going to be expensive, we need to really grow and save and increase our supplies of heirloom beans, and other vege's and I want to grow enough different ones to have seeds available for all of our swaps next year plus to stock up in the pantry to actually eat. I was thinking a while ago when I was coming home from the Post Office that I need to grow more and several varieties so that I can have both seed and beans to eat. It is really a goal of mine to collect and grow and have these available for next spring.

Otherwise, I am so glad to be a part of this group. My nmber is #46. That does make it soooo much easir when sorting and filling enve's.

Fran Iwould love to be included in your swap idea. Are you sure you would be able to do it??/ That is a lot of little babies to have to sort. LOL Thanks everyone.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

Smitties - Yes, I was sick for over a month myself. I would start to feel a little better and fall victim to it worse than ever. I sure hope it's over for you REAL soon!

Kathy - Thanks! Yea! I had any peas listed on my want list, but I'm not sure the ones marked as "any" get found. LOL! I like your recipe, too! We don't eat bacon (or any pork), but otherwise, I'd be all over that thing. You sound like a good southern cook by the sound of that recipe! I got the hang of some of the southern food, but with my mom being a Yankee, I diddn't get all of it. LOL

Fran - Thanks for all your hard work. Our work is almost over and yours is just beginning! I promise you that I made it REALLY easy for you. The only thing is since I had everything packed up already, the mini bell pepper mix is not in everyone's baggy that asked for it. I sent it in by itself in its own baggy. I couldn't unpack everything I had already packed before I got my nap. It took too long to do in the first place! Also, in case you haven't figured it out, I'll happily take doubles, triples, whatever! BTW, did you getting my email message? I didn't get a reply from you, and I never got your mailing address when you sent it out, either. I usually get everything from the GW system, too.... how strange.... Another question, is it okay to send in a box without an envelope? I could shove an envelope in there, but would rather not.

Medo - Ha! Not quite 20's, although I think I do look young for my age! LOL! I'm turning 36 tomorrow. I'm proud of every wrinkle, too... LOL

Blessings,
    Angela

• dessieb
    15 years ago

wrinkle sminkle!! when i seen your pic i didn't see one wrinkle!@! who are you tryna kid?? LOL
    Fran i know the feeling!! Hee Hee!! or at least i don't think people here get me! LOL i call them real life people, but sometimes i'm not so impressed with them, ya know. LOL or something like that. i love it here because i can be me and i don't have to be perfect!! just me!! **onery grinn**

Kathy, here, those things are called biorox, only i haven't had them with the different colored peppers. that would be awesome!! i am definately trying that sometime.
    have ya'll tried cheezy fries??
    hubs uses
    1 bag of fries,
    8 oz of cheeze monterey
    bacon bits

medo's version

i add pepper jack cheese to it also.

now he preheats the oven to 450`. then when heated he puts the fries in, making sure its one layer. for 30 minutes. take out.turn the oven off. put the bacon bits on. put the shredded cheese on. you may also put on hamburger, it tastes really good!! i'm going to try it with some black olives, mushrooms, and tomato's. and some tofu but cut up finely, or ground in with hamburger. then add the cheeze. you can also add diced or processed jalapeno in there. its good!! :') and put back in the oven 5 min so the cheeze can melt!! (make sure the oven is off) ~Medo

• misskimmie
    15 years ago

Wendy - If there are any left I would like to have an offering of the Siberian Iris.

Smoky Mist - I would like an offering of the okra.

Please.

Thanks,
    Dessie #51

I know I am a bit late, if you have already mailed, no problem. Thanks anyways.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My box went out in the mail today. I wish I wasn't in such a rush. Someone posted in the craigslist that they had lots of picture frames for just a few dollars each. Since I'm now selling my flower pictures, I had to run out and snag as many as I can.

Anyway, I did put in a baggie of extra seeds. Fran there is an extra chinese cabbage, take it for yourself. Wendy and Angela, I also put some in your bags.

kim (#5)

15 years ago

Thanks Kim I appreciate it...I want to try that cabbage...

Angela, I emailed you again. Let me know if you didn't get it again.

Kathy and Angela and anyone else who did it, I appreciate the organization.
    When I get them all put in a large bag not sorted at all it takes me a whole lot longer to have to sort them because I am counting them too to make sure the count is right and so forth and such and such and with me having to sort per person and then have to write down who is getting what and put in the bags it is just a lot of extra time.
    SOOOOOO please folks rubberband them together per person or in baggies or taped to an index card or even a piece of paper. It is much easier on me if you can do this.

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Fran, I'm not getting ANY emails from you! Try me again directly at angelady3@yahoo.com if you don't mind.

Blessings,
    Angela

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okay...somebody got me in the cooking mood!!! Kathy!!! lol ;)

I just tried a throw it together recipe for dinner tonight...YUMMMY! I've added a number of items to this recipe, so it isn't the original that I downloaded....

You can use any FRESH veggies for it!

INGREDIENTS:
    4 ounces medium noodles
    4 tablespoons butter - I used only 2 tbsp and it worked beautifully
    6 to 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
    1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    3 cloves garlic
    2 med carrots, grated (grated heck, I put all the veggies in the food processor and chopped them to the perfect size)
    1 small zucchini
    (you can add any fresh veggies in like broccoli, cauliflower, beans, eggplant, any summer squash, peas or what ever you enjoy)
    4 tablespoons flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper - I used lemon pepper and less salt
    1/2 teaspoon herb seasoning mixture or dried leaf thyme
    1 1/2 cups milk
    1/2 cup chicken broth - made my own with the cooked chicken breast
    2 cups cooked diced chicken - I used 1.5 chicken breasts for a leaner chicken.
    4 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained - used fresh made noodles
    1/4 cup dry white wine - or substitute more chicken broth - used more chicken broth.
    1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
    1/8 cup parmesan cheese or...
    1 tablespoon melted butter
    2 tablespoons green onions or freshly chopped parsley, optional

PREPARATION:
    Cook noodles in boiling salted water just until tender. Drain and set aside.
    Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat; add mushrooms, onion, garlic, celery, and grated carrot and zucchini(or other veggies). Cook until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes; stir flour into the pan juices until smooth; add salt, pepper, and thyme. Gradually add milk and chicken broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Add chicken, noodles, and wine or chicken broth; simmer for 1 minute. Spoon into a 2-quart baking dish. Combine the fine bread crumbs with butter/parmesan cheese then toss with green onions or parsley if desired. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over the chicken noodle casserole. Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

It's pretty quick and easy...not much prep and you don't have to make your own broth (I just make soups all winter long and freeze broth along the way)

I love throw it together recipes! Things you can use different veggies in and come up with slightly different results. Makes cooking fun! Have lots of them :)

This one was quite good! Will put it in my recipe file :)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK Angela, I sent another one...

I have sent you a couple through MY email not GW I dont know WHERE they are going....
    LMK if you DON'T get this one...maybe you can email me and I will see if I can reply to it if it doesn't go through this time...

Fran

15 years ago

Angela, I emailed you to tell you I have an evny for you so dont worry...just thought I would go ahead and post here since you are not getting my emails...how wierd

15 years ago

Okay, Fran... not sure what is going on... thanks for letting me know I can use the box instead of the envy. I'll put the envy in if needed as well. I still didn't get your emails and was checking my bulk/spam folder and still didn't see it! How WEIRD! I wish Yahoo and some of them wouldn't screen our email at all.... Then, at least I could get the messages I need to! No telling if others are trying to contact me and are just thinking I'm rude or something! I get most everything, so this really is odd!

Anyways, I will print my master list tomorrow before I mail unless you tell me you're okay with it some other way. I am sure that has to make it easier on you.

Okay, off to pack the last of the bell pepper mix before sealing the box completely.

Blessings,
    Angela

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okay, don't laugh at me on this... I just figured out what happened! I have been getting some SPAM with email addresses that end in live.com, so I put a filter on my messages that every message that ends in live.com get forwarded straight to my trash folder.... OK... I know... I didn't realize anyone but SPAMMERS use live.com... PLEASE, forgive me.... GOOD GRIEF! I feel soooo ridiculous for not knowing what could have been wrong.... At least now I know it wasn't GW having an issue!

Blessings,
    Angela

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Angela, I love you...LOL
    I am SOOOO glad it is not just me that does stuff like that AND can tell everyone...hehe
    Oh and it is ok, I will stick the mini bells where they r posed to be going...
    Yes a master list does make life simpler for me :)

15 years ago

Hey guys it's not just yahoo email...I have my own server and haven't receive MANY emails from the GW website. I think that there is something wrong with the system. A month ago or so I received everything...but not now. From the last two partner RR's I did, my partners weren't able to contact me via GW email.

I see that they are working on the posting issue, wonder if they know about the email issue.

Used to be able to have copies of emails sent to us when we sent GW email to another member. Well you check the box...how many of you receive the copy? I know I don't anymore. Haven't for a while now.

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Hmmm... I emailed you a few times, Toni, and thought you were ignoring me... LOL... Now, I know better, but I do get all the form submissions from GW when I select to send myself a copy. Have you tried your bulk email? I think it's more the ISP than GW... If they screen out the email really strictly, then you don't get it. That is why I mainly use Yahoo now. I tend to get most everything. That is why I was really surprised why I wasn't getting messages from Fran, but that turned out to be my own silly fault!

Blessings,
    Angela

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Fran, I put each person's in an envelope, with a small piece of tape holding each person's closed. I put their name and number on each enve. I also listed what was in the enve on the outside. I hope that makes it easy for you. I think it will. I included lots of stamps. I had no idea as this is my first big swap how many to include. Just stick the extra's back in when you mail back. I did include way mare than enough for DC too. I hope it is easy for you. God bless you (and your eyesight afer this hehehe LOL) Thanks Fran. Nichol

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Morning all!

Fran, I put in a bit more postage than what it was for me to mail my package to you.

I don't think that I'll get back what I sent because we have a lot of veggie growers here, BUT if by chanace you dont have enough postage I'd be happy to send more if you need it to get my package back to me.

I'm so glad that I bought the veggie seeds, I could almost hear how excited people were when I offered them up for grabs!

Thank you to anyone who sent flowers in for me, I assure you that every single seed will find a good home.

Lisa

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Last call on the melons and veggies offered previously! I'm going to list a few tomatoes later today and perhaps some of my plant and flower seeds, but I plant to finish this one up today so Cliff can mail tomorrow for me!

Kathy

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Fran, I sent my box out last night. :) The DC is 04805401437082014061
    It's a box, but I want what I get sent back in the bubble envie inside the box. I labeled it and it's ready to go, just needs postage, I added for return postage. :) Please let me know if you need more. Everything I sent for everyone is inside another box in that box. LOL And each persons seeds are in numerical order in ziplock snack packs with their names numbers and who it's from on them. :) All you have to do is stick it in their packages. :D

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Morning Fran,
    Just wanted to let you know my package will be mailed out today.
    This has been fun, can't wait to see what comes in. LOL
    Just wanted to thank you for all the work you are putting in to make this swap so great!
    Hugs
    Dorothy

• diana_lynn
    15 years ago

Kathy[Jaleesia)

I'm working all day but if you offer up flower seeds, I'm interested in just about anything, nothing that's terribly invasive though.

Lisa #26

Thanks in advance for anything that you throw my way!

Lisa

• blue_ivy
    15 years ago

Just wanted to say "Thinking of you", Fran.

And to all you late-night/all-night seed packers, I hope you've caught up on your rest!

Diana Lynn

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Wendy - is it too late to take you up on the offer of Siberian Iris 'Cesar's Brother'? No problem if so. Thanks for offering anyway! (Player # 41)

Darn it! I want to mail out my seed orphanage, but I am still waiting on some seeds I specifically ordered to share with people in this swap! I know I can't wait forever, but I will be so disappointed if they come in too late to share! They should have come in by now!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Blue_ivy, the mail is so messed up lately! I'm agreeing that it's probably because of that bad ice storm that went through. Maybe you'll get them today. :D

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Howdy Everyone...
    I have been working on sorting seeds again. 3 mailers came in yesterday and I forgot to post from whom.
    #08 dirtdiggin
    #24 jas_il
    #51 dessieb

Thanks Diana Lynn!!! I apprecite it :D

Ok folks this thread is near the end once again I have posted a NEW #10 and will close this one out with the link to it just in case.