Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: 100 for 100 round robin

Posted by wilmoth z-5-6-7va. (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 23, 08 at 15:34

This round robin is for interested people to send 100 seed packs for 100 in return..... All I ask is THAT EVERYONE packs a variety......... So if someone sends 100 marigolds they will be returned back to you........... We are looking for variety here.......... So all interested persons can sign up........... The deadline for SEEDS DUE TO ME IS is March 25TH .......... Mailout is April the first... just in time for all of us to plant new things.......... So sign up everyone........ You know you will get 100 packs in return........ because it takes 100 to enter this round robin........ I think we could get a great variety this way......All seeds due to be mailed in a sasbe with return label to keep our seeds safe in shipping....... sign up today..................HUGS..........Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: 100 for 100 round robin

Hi Donna sign me up yahoo another round robin.... Barb

o
RE: NEW: 100 for 100 round robin-smaller amounts

Donna,
If we have seed left after ws but it may not be 20-25 seeds can we send them in. Some I have left may only be like between 10-15 seeds.... But they are rarer seeds. Barb

o

Please count me in also!

Kris

o

I'd love to join!!

Deb

o

I would love to join. I have been blessed with a lot of people and would like to share it. Happyseed

o

This sounds like fun. Please count me in.

o

Im new here but would like to join also

o

Haven't yet done a round robin but this one sounds like fun! Count me in! Ann

o

Donna - do you need 100 different or is 2x50 ok?

Thanks
Linda

o

Count me in! Went through the seed box tonight & I'm up to 100+ and probably more to toss in for more bonus. Are you accepting bonus to be distributed as extra? If so, I'll pack up some duplicates to send out, just so they are planted instead of hanging out in the seed box. I've gotten so into saving seed & trading that I've finally got extras-love the seed exchanges! Will also e-mail you

o

Hi Donna, I am mailing my 100 seed packs in the morning. I think I have a good variety. This will be the first round robin that I actually have completed!!! I am so excited. Take care, Sonja

o

Congrats Happyseed !!!!

I remember my first roundrobin it was with donna and she was my sponsor also with adopt a newbie.

Roundrobin's are so much fun especially with a chatty group. I havent even started collecting seed for the rr yet. I guess I am behind. I started 2nd shift hours this week and trying to get use to the hours. Yawn.....I need to look at everyones want lists to see if I have anything anybody needs. I need coffee...By the gallons Barb

o

Hi Donna, I gotta try this one. I kept talking myself out of it and then into it, so I am in. Please sign me up. I will start putting my seeds together too. Thanks, Linda

o

My name's Ann and I am a seed addict! LOL I think I'm in need of therapy for my seed addiction. I keep trying to tell my girls that at least it's a positive obsession but they don't seem to be buying it, and if they find out about this - well I may just have to hide the seeds from the round robin. They thought I was getting rid of seeds when they saw me working on seed envelopes and were hoping that mom would have less not more!

o

I am also a seed addict. My husband asks me daylily, (pun on words here) just how much seeds do you need. I said not till I have a least one of everything and then some for the ones that don't I may have had trouble with in the garden. Have to have back up. I just love doing round robins, when the package comes I just can't wait to get it open and see what I have gotten, just like Christmas to me.

At least it is not a very expense habit to have.

o

Expensive, no, but consuming yes, Kristin! I have 196 containers that I'm winter sowing - is that bad? - LOL! Why am I doing this round robin? I guess so I can get varieties I don't have and grow more plants! Maybe I can get a PO box that will hide my seed envelopes from my kids...

o

I Would Like to Sign-Up also.
I Think I Understand the Rules.
100 Seed Packets Mailed to You with a Mixed Variety.

I Will Wait for Your Address Donna...to Send My Package to You.

Thanks Again,
Lelan.
(ZZTOPSOIL)

o

Hey, I love Lelan's name. One of my favorite groups but I would never have thought to use it like this. It is great and made my day. thanks, Happyseed

o

Whoo hoo coffee is kicking in..... I am up to 44 packaged and ready to be planted.....

I made a few packages (not included in my 100) of nasturtium tom thumb black velvet and night and day. They have only a few seeds in them but, a couple of people can get the flowers pods and trade them next year.

Oh yea and black eyed susan vine spanish eyes too just a few seeds in a couple packages.....

I think I counted 11 people in the RR. Good number... I remeber seeing pink butterfly bush on someones list... Ohh that would be awesome. Hint Hint....

I am terrible. I have to go and look that one up to see if it is zone 4 cold hardy..... Yea it is friday.... Gab at ya later Barb

o

ok, I"m in if you'll have me :D

o

Welcome to everyone of you I am so glad we are getting a good little group going here that is so cool .....Linda0210 we are looking for a variety I thought maybe 10 of each so we can all get a variety but if you cant do that let me know its all good....Kris I got your seeds today for all 3 round robins cool .........I am going to love this one though because 100 packs coming to each player is so cool.......... who knows what we might get........ i dont know about all of you but i would be happy with 5 seeds of a variety that is odd or different ...So keep that in mind too when packing seeds.I know we all like a good variety of things and it is so close to planting time I HOPE.......this weather.....????..you can send your seeds to donna wilmoth 3237 westview farm road saxe virginia 23967...................This round robin mails out April the first so we have plenty of time ..........thanks again to everyone who joined and as for me well i am going to hit the maxwell house........ again....HUGS..Donna

o

I'd love to join this one too, if you'll have me! Looks like a lot of fun!
Becki

o

I'm a future seed addict! I can feel it in me blood lol. I just opened this to see what a round robin was and can't wait to be able to take part in one next year. Have fun and I'll see you all next year!
Lisa

o

Count me in.

dem_pa

o

UGH... Anybody here grown angel trumpets and had spidermite problems. What spray did you use to get rid of them. Newbie here needing any advice. I posted over on some other sites also...... Barb

o

I'd like to join - I can send a big variety 100 pkts.

Sue G.

o

Hi Donna! I have my 100 ready to pack, plus a couple extra. They really aren't fittiing in any of my envelopes well-would it be OK if I used a small box w/bubble wrap for protection? I'd include enough postage to return same to me. If so, I can get them out tomorrow!

o

Yes the spider mites are outdoing themselves with the brugmansias check with the brugmansia forum im sure they will have a good remedy for that I go there to learn every week they are a good group of sharing people with great ideas and i know the spider mites are bad I am combating them or white flies one UUUUUUURRRRRRRGGGGGGG.......WELCOME to everyone new to signing up .....Glad to have you .....Jessew you can ship them to me however you like it will be fine and I will reship to you in the same box so postage should be the same if less I will return unused portion of it....Oh this is going to be a good round robin one thing for sure I send the seeds out in a variety and you will get 100 packs I would like for everyone to send me a list of their wants with their seeds so I can see if I can also send some things people want if you have already sent yours send me a e mail and I will print it and go by that....We have 16 people so far ......YES...........This is going to bring in the spring planting right on time....Again Welcome and everyone is welcome to join this round robin thanks to all HUGS....DONNA.....

o

Donna, I'm sending out my packets tomorrow. Please note that I am putting in more than 100 only because I can't stand the thought of good seeds not being planted. Thanks, Ann

o

ill join this one i havent been around much this winter doing my scrapbooking but im still here

o

I must be addicted and crazy. I'd like to join too please. Please email me any info I'll need.
Thanks!

o

I'm in too

o

I'm in too, I love getting seeds in the mail!

Karen/kalena67

o

If I can do 3 or 4 packs of some seeds, and if veggie seeds are ok to send along with the herb and flower packets, I think I can come up with 100 packs of seeds...

Please let me know. Also, how do you like them shipped, how many seeds should be in each packet, etc...

Do I need to send a SASE envelope?

Thanks-

BTW.. This is my first year growing from seed, so I sure hope I get reasonable success in all my winter sowing and starting under lights!!!

o

Hi Donna,

I am going to drop out of this. I just have way too much going on right now. You all have a blast. I'm sure there are some great seeds to be had!!

Deb

o

Donna, My seeds will be on their merry little way to you tomorrow morning. thanks so much for doing this. Linda

o

Hi Donna,

Please add me, I just went through my box and will bag seeds tomorrow and send them to you on Friday.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

where does this newby get 100 small envelopes to pack his seeds in?
100 packs will fit into a SAS business envelope?

or is it better to use a bubble envelope? How do I know what to put for return postage?

sigh

o

there are a variety of ways that we package seeds. Some use small plastic envelopes that you can get from Wal-Mart. Other's make their own packages. There's as many ways to package seeds as there are gardeners. As long as their protected, not moldy/mildewy, labeled well then they should be good. A SAS business envelope won't work. It won't be big enough and bubble envelopes protect the seeds from getting squished in the mail. Usually the return postage is about the same as the postage needed to mail it so usually I'll take the envelope to the post office opened and buy two sets of stamps, one to send and then the other to return- I usually get actual stamp stamps (not just the white label postage paid stamps) for the return because generally you can't get it right on and add an extra stamp in there than what I needed to send it - some seeds weigh more than others. I hope this all makes sense, if not feel free to email me. I'm sure Donna (aka Wilmoth) would also be able to answer your questions, especially as they pertain to this swap.

o

If it is not too late, I would like to participate.
Alana

o

mailing out today thanks belinda

and boy do I have a variety.

o

I sent mine on Monday.

o

Mine went out today.

o

Mine are being mailed today. Barb

o

My seeds are going out today, too!

o

Mine are going out tomorrow!

Sue G

o

Mailed mine today!

o

sent mine on the 15th donna can you give us a list as who's has arrived so we know you have recieved them
safely ???

thank you
can hardly wait to see what others has shared :))

susie

o

Mailed mine on Monday.

o

Disaster on the homefront. Coke cola all over my packaged seeds. I do not have time to make another 100 packs. I have to drop out. Boo Hoo..... I was looking forward to this swap. I will get in the next one. Have fun everyone.... Barb

o

Barb:

I'd be willing to share my seeds that I will be getting from the swap with you, you take 50 and I take 50. I certainly have wayyyy too many seeds still, even after offering newbie packets. Please let me know if that's OK, Donna...

o

Kmpsmom,

That is really kind of you. These were left overs thank goodness from ws and planting in the gh. On the postive, I still have way too many seeds. Thanks for being so kind but I really do not need them. LOL way too many seeds on the homefront.... I went to the store today and came home with more. Have fun..... Barb

o

HERE IS THE LIST OF RECIEVIED SEEDS
JESSEW.......
BRENDA IN OK............
DEMPA...........
SUZYDAZE.............
KMPSMOM.............
KRISTENLINDGREN..................
POISON DART FROG........................
KANDITUFT......
IBARTOO
SKOHLER
CRAZY PALM
ZZTOPSOIL
WILMOTH.................
AWAITING SEEDS FROM
PANCHIRO....
SQUANZON.......
KALENA67...........
ZENGEOS..........
PIXIELUVSPLANTS...........
CANDYCOW............
BECKILOVE.
HAPPYSEED..................
LINDA0210 UNLESS THIS IS CRAZY PALM????............
TRACY34683

SOON AS ALL SEEDS ARE RECIEVED THIS ROUND ROBIN WILL FLY i HOPE ALL OF YOU WILL LOVE YOUR SEEDS THEY SHOULD BE RIGHT ON TIME TO PREPARE FOR THIS PLANTING SEASON SOME OF THE ONES RECIEVED WERE AWESOME....THANKS DONNA

o

Barb:
Like the last thing I need is more seeds (LOL) My kids will kill me when they find out I have more seeds coming in - they thought I had gotten rid of lots of seeds to some newbies! What a great addiction to have!
Happy gardening, Ann

o

CRAZYPALMLADY IS IN JUMPSTART PART 2 AND I RECIEVED SUZYDAZE
PANCHIRO
KALENA 67 TODAY.......THIS ROUND ROBIN IS GETTING READY TO FLY......DONNA

o

Sorry all, Unfortunately, I cannot participate in this exchange. I hope to do one down the road if I have any leftovers.

Thanks all!!!

o

mine went out mon

o

Mine went out Priority yesterday, so you should get them tomorrow, I hope!
Becki

o

I sent mine on Monday, panicked (sp) and did them second day mail cause I misread the dates. I love this swap its such a great way to refresh your seed box.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

I still don't have your address Donna and I haven't had a response to my recent email so I guess I won't be participating in this after all................
:(

o

Her address is in previous posts. I think it is the 21st or 22nd post from the top.

o

Hello everyone.......... I will update the received list sat or sunday evening and I have 1-2 people to recieve yet...I will begin packing these for mail out soon ..........they will go out the first week of April........ I have been in the hospital one half of this month with my father....... He was recently diagnosed with cancer and we have had a really really rough month... I thank all of you for joining this round robin and please bear with me if these are a little late getting out to you.....Thanks to everyone.......... I will post again soon .....Donna

o

Donna:

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I'll put him on my ever-increasing list of people to pray for.

I'll look forward to the seeds when they get here!

Thanks, Ann

o

I am going to begin packing seeds tonight I beleive everyone is in but I will update you tomorrow on who all I have....I will try to get some of your seed wishes if you sent a list although I cannot guarantee anything I can only work with what I have recieved this should be a great round robin I cant wait to open all of these and see what a great selection we have I am going to go ahead and start another new 100 for 100 part 2 so feel free to join that one also I will post when these go out so you can be looking for them I have help tonight so I hope to get at least 1/2 of these ready for mail out for tuesday ........will let you know as I mail them ....................................Donna

o

You have my seeds now, Donna so I'm hoping I will be in this first round............May 15th is way too late to plant anything here in Arizona...............

Thanks again for hosting..............

Sue

o

Have the seeds been mailed out yet ?? can hardly wait
to see what everyone has shared .
thanks donna & hope your dad is feeling better .

susie

o

I am still sorting I go with my father for chemo so I am a little behind but I am trying to give everyone a good variety please bear with me I plan to send some of these out tomorrow I will post who is mailed as they go out....Squanzon I have your seeds and I hope you will be pleased for joining us this go around.....To everyone with my father being recently diagnosed with cancer I am behind I am usually right on time with these so please bear with me in my tardiness and thanks to all of you for your prayers and kind words.....Donna

o

Hi Donna, don't worry I am sure everyone is understanding. I know that I certainly am. My difficulties lie with my son and his wife (seperated) with one baby and another on the way. As messed up as I am, I can not imagine what it would be like for one of my parents to have to undergo chemo and deal with cancer. As far as I am concerned, please take your time. Sonja

o

Hello everyone all seeds for this round robin will be in the mail Saturday 1/2 going out tomorrow and the other 1/2 going out Saturday I finally feel back on track and I thank GOD for it.......I hope you will all like your seeds........ Donna

o

I need an address for BETH K. AND CANDY S. also..... SIM AND SKOHLER ...............THESE 4 PEOPLE I CANNOT MAIL OUT TILL I HAVE AN ADDRESS I have misplaced these 4 ADDRESSES all the other packages are in the mail....... thanks to everyone...DONNA

o

Thank you Donna for doing this swap! I hope everything is much better with your Daddy. Keeping you in our thoughts.

Thanks again,
Pixie

o

I EMAILED MY ADDRESS TO YOU > I Had sent you a self address return in my bubbler attached to the return postage .

Please let me know you recieved it this time .
thank you
susie

o

Hi, I am glad things are going better for you. Take care of yourself. I will email when the seeds arrive. Thank you so much for taking the time to do all of this. I can't begin to imagine what a huge undertaking it must be. Thanks again, Sonja

o

Hi Donna! I just sent you an e-mail w/my address-let me know if you receive it-thanks! BK

o

I have one package here with out an address.... I made a list of all the ones that went out so I am missing someone and I dont want to post names on the web so can all of you send me a email with g-web name and address I have yours skohler actually I have everyones except this one package and I cannot get it out till I have an address....I know it is an inconvience and I know these went out late but I really did my best.....The 4 in my post above I have....but I have another one here no name ---no address.....Again I am so sorry this roundrobin has been a mess I had 3 going at one time and with dad sick it just really overwhelmed me but I learned a lesson only one at a time for me from now on.................I hope everyone will like their seeds and let me know when you recieve them ......thanks......Wilmoth

o

Donna: I sent email to you as requested. Thanks, Ann Freniere

o

Hi Donna, just wanted to let you know I've sent you an email. Let me know if you do not get it.
Karen/kalena67

o

Hi Donna,

Sent ya an email, please let me know if you don't get it.

Thank you again for all the hard work you have put into this swap.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

I sent you an email too, Donna. Let me know if you don't get it..............

Sue G.

o

I sent an email with the requested information.
Thanks, Alana

o

sent the email

o

I sent the email this morning also.

o

Everyone who e mailed me your seeds are on the way ........I still need addresses from the following please......tracy34683.......linda 0210........dem-pa............momcat.......... AND ............anyone else .........who has not sent me theirs in an e-mail....... as I stated earlier ......I accidentally posted 2 packages twice to the same person and the other return envelopes were discarded..........So, now I have no way to find it....I have a list of sent packages here but I cannot post your names on Gardenweb ....so please email me ....I know these are on the way ....as well as some others....
CANDYCOW..........
ZZTOPSOIL......
BRENDA IN OK...........
SQUAZON...........
KALENA67.........
PANCHIRO..........
KRISTENLINDGREN.........
POISONDARTFROG..........
PIXIESLUVSPLANTS...........
SUZYDAZE.......
BECKILOVE..........
KMPSMOM..................
JESSEW
HAPPYSEED.....
IBARTOO................
SKOHLER......................
FLOWERYUGA...................
AND KANDITUFT .......

If you are not on the above list then I still need your name and address to verify for sure who I am missing here.............thanks...... Wilmoth

o

Thanks, Donna. Hope you can focus on the beautiful spring weather now that this is done. Still praying for your dad and you. Cheers, Ann

o

I got my seeds today! Nice assortment! Thanks to all who participated, and especially to Donna for hosting!
Alana

o

Woo hoo! They are on their way! I can't wait! Thanks, Donna!

I'm thinking of you and your dad.

Hugs,
Becki

o

Hey Donna, I'M RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for hosting this round robin! I was like a kid in a free candy store this morning. I received wonderful seeds and many that I have wanted for a long time. My newly fixed garden spaces are ready and some have been planted. Thanks to everyone that joined the swap. I am so excited!!!!!! You know it really is true, we do revert to children!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again, Sonja (happyseed)

o

I too received my seeds today. Thanks for all the great seeds. Thanks to a great host.

dem_pa

o

Your package was the perfect end to a great day! My sister's oldest son received his Eagle Scout badge, I snagged 35 winter sowing jugs from the meal afterward, & I came home to my seeds! Perfect! Thanks for a great trade!

o

Oh my goodness Donna. What a bounty came in the mail on Friday! I can't possibly plant, let alone start all of these. I guess I'll just have to trade...LOL! Thanks for organizing this, Ann

o

Donna, I received my package of seeds today! :^) Thank you so much for hosting this swap! I LOVE going through all of the seeds!!

Karen

o

I got mine today! Thank you so much! I can't wait to go through them all!!!
Becki

o

I got my seeds today, I would like to say thank you to everyone who sent seeds, and a very big THANK YOU to Donna for taking the time out of her day to do this.

Kris

o

SEEDS ARRIVED HAVEN HAD A CHANCE TO PEEK YET
TY
SUSIE

o

I have not received anything.

Name is S GUANZON

o

Seeds arrived today and I couldn't wait to open the package! Thank you everyone, especially Donna

o

Still no seeds :(

o

S Guanzon they were mailed the same day give it a day or 2 may be a mail glitch..... I am happy everyone got some of the seeds they wanted and some new ones too........ I can only hope everyone will participate with me again under happier times.......Thanks to everyone....S Guanzon let me know when they arrive thanks ..........donna..............p.s. I addressed it S Quazon for S Guanzon sorry for the miss spell....

o

Donna, Thanks so much, my seeds arrived today,. I have to get up and get my work done now so I can go thru them all this afternoon. I will keep you in my prayers. Hope things are better soon. Linda

o

WOW!!! I got my seeds today, such an awesome mix of seeds too!!! Thank you everyone for sharing and especially THANK YOU, Donna for doing this swap. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Received my seeds!!!

Thank you so much Donna for the wonderful variety and all the hard work you did for this swap!

Sue G.

o

Still no seeds here- if they don't get here soon it will be too late to plant some of them.

o

i havent recieved any

o

I can't understand the time it is taking to get these seeds to different players since they were mailed out......Candycow and Brenda in Ok let me know something Monday or tues??????????????????? I hope I can figure out what is going on with this.............. Brenda in OK yours was mailed the same day as the others.........Candycow you were mailed later my fault for losing YOUR address......Still look at the recieved dates of the players and all mailed the same day..........odd......let me know when you get these...................................Donna

o

Candy and Brenda in OK have you recieved these yet?

o

Hello, I can only assume you both got your round robin exchange as I haven't heard from either of you ......I sent e-mails also.........thanks......... Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here